Type keyword(s) to search

Media: Meemaw Says

• Start Topic

Maybe they know some sudden growth spurts can turn cute little kids into awkward adolescents...or there is a definite "George dies" date, (and Sheldon goes to grad school overseas) beyond which it will be hard to continue the series.

• Love 1

I didn't see it myself but it appears there was a NFL game broadcast on Nickelodeon and it's getting great reviews for their fun graphics and such.  But they also had Ian/young Sheldon popping up and explaining the penalties whenever a flag was thrown.  I'm hoping they do more games as from what I saw, they injected so much fun into the game.  

• Useful 1

I guess renewing for 3 yrs doesn't have to mean it's over after that but I really hope it is. 

Spoiler

And that they don't end it with George's death.  Certainly a logical way to bring the series to a close of course but if they do that then they'd still need to address some of the other issues that rise from BBT.

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 2

Ending the series after 7 seasons means it may end when Sheldon graduates college, which is a logical end point. 

Spoiler

It also means the series may end when Sheldon leaves for graduate school out of state, and before his father dies. I could see them doing a final narration that explains what happened to everyone. We know Sheldon is narrating years after the end of TBBT because he now has a child. While we may have seen Georgie, Missy, Mary and Mee-Maw in the final season of TBBT, there may be a few more years for Narrator Sheldon to fill in for us. I'm not expecing an entire episode, just a sentence or two on each character during the last 2-3 minutes of the series. 

Edited by Sarah 103
  • Love 6

Did Mary ever mention on TBBT that George cheated? I don't think they can ignore him dying, but it's possible that Sheldon as a child misunderstood something he saw. I'm kinda clinging to that hope; I like George.

• Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, MaryMitch said:

Did Mary ever mention on TBBT that George cheated? I don't think they can ignore him dying, but it's possible that Sheldon as a child misunderstood something he saw. I'm kinda clinging to that hope; I like George.

It seems IIRC about the time Penny and Leonard start having problems the first time they are a couple (so season 3 ish ? I think) that Sheldon starts talking about his parents marriage being a fighting match and that his father was unfaithful but I don't think Mary ever says anything about adultery, just his lack of intelligence and his drinking.

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Will be airing former seasons on TBS starting 9/27. It will be nice to watch at a time that is not overnight/very early AM like it’s airing on Nick at Nite and Nick 2.

They just started airing the first season on our Comedy Channel.  It's on either just before or just after Big Bang Theory.  It's been interesting seeing the first season - the kids looks so young! - and as I had seen very few of those first season episodes I'm appreciating it.

• Love 1
On 9/9/2021 at 7:50 AM, WinnieWinkle said:

They just started airing the first season on our Comedy Channel.  It's on either just before or just after Big Bang Theory.  It's been interesting seeing the first season - the kids looks so young! - and as I had seen very few of those first season episodes I'm appreciating it.

I don't know if its my imagination but George seems to have a beer in his hand more often in Season One than in later seasons.

I did not know that!

But I was watching the HS graduation repeat yesterday and thinking about what a great deadpan actor he is.

"We're really going to miss you, Sheldon."

"Maybe that fact is more fun in Armenia."

To groans from the audience ... "Yeah, I hear ya."

Edited by highway61

Very interesting comments from Young Sheldon's Co-Creator Steve Molaro about the continuity between The Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon going forward. The full interview is worth reading, but I'll post a few excerpts here.  

https://tvline.com/2022/03/31/young-sheldon-recap-georgie-pregnant-girlfriend-mandy-baby-season-5-explained/

TVLINE |

In Big Bang‘s series finale, Sheldon acknowledges that Georgie has two ex-wives and a family of his own. Is this the start of that journey for his big bro?
It can be. We don’t have a precise roadmap in front of us — and to some extent, we don’t feel handcuffed to things that were said on Big Bang. I mean, there are some things that we will honor, but we also have to do what’s best for this series. If anybody points to something that doesn’t align perfectly with Big Bang, I’m happy to point out that on Cheers, Frasier was an only child, and it all worked out once Niles suddenly appeared.

TVLINE | Certainly. But to Young Sheldon‘s credit, you’ve always found workarounds. You’re presenting stories from a perspective that Sheldon wouldn’t have understood, or wouldn’t have been privy to, when he was just a boy.
Right, and I appreciate you noticing that. That has become, to me, a big part of what this series is about, and I would not claim we knew that going into it. It presented itself to us. You have Sheldon, who is the narrator some years in the future and finds himself at an age beyond his own father, [a man] he didn’t understand when he was a kid. It’s a bit of a revelation. Maybe the things he thought about his parents, in particular his dad, were not quite accurate and he needs to rethink them, and that is one of the things holding this whole series up.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 4/8/2022 at 12:46 AM, ProudMary said:

In Big Bang‘s series finale, Sheldon acknowledges that Georgie has two ex-wives and a family of his own. Is this the start of that journey for his big bro?

I rreally really hope not.  I can't see a 29 yr old woman marrying a 17 yr old.  That's just wrong IMO.  I can see Georgie wanting to "do the right thing" but she was already upset she had even slept with someone his age - the idea that she would turn around and marry him doesn't ring true to me.  But this is a sitcom - so who knows!

• Love 2

I don't see anyone wanting 17-year-old Georgie to get married. But because of the time lapse between Young Sheldon and BBT, there is PLENTY of time for an adult Georgie to get married twice.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

We haven't seen the last of Mandy.....No trips "out of town" anytime soon.

I wish I could say this made me happy.  But ugh.  No offense to the actress playing Mandy - it's the storyline I dislike.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, januaryman said:

It's turning into a soap opera.

Honestly that's true!!  Between the will they/won't they between George and the neighbour and the tension in the Cooper marriage that was already seeping into most episodes now they throw in a teen (well on Georgie's part) pregnancy into the mix.  Add in what most BBT viewers know is coming soon and sheesh.  I do have to concede though that this past episode had some funny lines and touching moments.  They aren't being too heavy handed.  But I just do not understand why they felt they even needed to have this pregnancy storyline in the first place.

• Love 3

It's possible that Mandy WILL have Georgie's kid.  

Don't the voiceovers talk about Georgie's "2 ex-wives and family".   It's never specified who all is included there.  Maybe she has the baby & Georgie marries her down the road a few years.  Or he's just a teen dad with baby that lives with it's mom, he contributes what he can & sees the kid occasionally.   Or he could marry her the day he turns 18 and they raise the baby, divorcing later. 

There are SO MANY possibilities with this storyline that we just won't know until they happen. 

Now, back to the main thread!  

Someone suggested in one of the threads that Mandy should move in with MeeMaw.  Since many of us have been wishing for more MeeMaw in the storylines, this might be a good way to go.  And we could see a softer side to MeeMaw.

On 4/28/2022 at 1:49 PM, treeofdreams said:

Someone suggested in one of the threads that Mandy should move in with MeeMaw.  Since many of us have been wishing for more MeeMaw in the storylines, this might be a good way to go.  And we could see a softer side to MeeMaw.

A softer side of Meemaw would still have the edge of a chainsaw.  I'd prefer less of her.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, chocolatine said:

According to this, Emily Osment's Netflix show was canceled because she was promoted to series regular on YS.

Hide contents

So I guess the icky Georgie/Mandy storyline isn't going away anytime soon.

Looks like it was cancelled along with more piles of steaming shit that nobody watches but let's blame YS.