Type keyword(s) to search

“Bitch” Vs. “Jerk”: Where We Discuss Who The Writers Screwed This Week/Season/Ever

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Ria said:

I’m not buying his career has been thwarted or he’s lost out on many major roles. He kept signing on when he easily could have made other choices. If he were in any demand, he would have left long ago. 

He was up for several major movie roles as in made the short list and lost out on some because he was under contract. He was offered a major role in the last Deadpool movie. Hopefully he will still be under consideration.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Dean/Jensen got screwed out of a storyline years in the making. It wasn't the first time that seemingly promising storylines got cut short/were underwritten. I'm sure there was discussion amongst the three of them before any final decision was made, but nobody will ever convince me it wasn't at Jensen's instigation.

I now wonder if Jared's melt down where he had trouble doing the scene and really thought he performed terribly was due to having issues with ending the series.  If he was on the fence about ending the series and Jensen wasn't it would explain some of Jared's reactions...  no proof.  Just curious...

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Ria said:

It's common knowledge that Jensen has been up for major roles and his career has been thwarted for years by his show contract. His character's storylines are repeatedly aborted, most grievously in season 14. He has been letting things slip at con appearances since the announcement that betray his unhappiness with the writing. If was framed as a group decision... yes.

Why would Jensen do this? Stick around an aging show, when he could've left for A-lister roles?  This just doesn't make any sense, professionally. If he's the one pulling the plug now, when he has no offers on the table, why wouldn't he have pulled it when he had major roles available to him. I just can't make that work, logically. 

If he didn't pull the plug earlier because of a sense of responsibility, what changed now?  Plus, the writing has been sketchy for years, so it can't be surprising to Jensen that his storyline sucked. 

I'd love to hear any juicy, behind-the-scenes gossip about how the decision was made, but I suspect the public explanation is pretty close to the truth.  That the boys talked about it over the years and reached a mutual decision for ending it. Collins was likely brought in only after the boys were on the same page. 

Edited by Bessie
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Bessie said:

Why would Jensen do this? Stick around an aging show, when he could've left for A-lister roles?  This just doesn't make any sense, professionally. If he's the one pulling the plug now, when he has no offers on the table, why wouldn't he have pulled it when he had major roles available to him. I just can't make that work, logically. 

If he didn't pull the plug earlier because of a sense of responsibility, what changed now?  Plus, the writing has been sketchy for years, so it can't be surprising to Jensen that his storyline sucked. 

I'd love to hear any juicy, behind-the-scenes gossip about how the decision was made, but I suspect the public explanation is pretty close to the truth.  That the boys talked about it over the years and reached a mutual decision for ending it. Collins was likely brought in only after the boys were on the same page. 

Because those are the choices that he decided to make?  It's really none of our business.

• Love 4

Jensen has had major roles offered to him.  I'm not 100% sure of the Captain America role, he was either short listed for the role itself , or short listed to audition, but his name was mentioned.

Aisha Tyler mentioned in an interview at comic con one time, that Marvel was looking to talk to him.

He was offered the role of Hawkeye.  That is a fact.  But he couldn't make the scheduling work with SPN.

He was offered the role of Ajax in Deadpool.    He even tried to get his people to make the scheduling work.  They couldn't' and SPN wouldn't work with him.

Jensen mentioned at a con that the producer of 50 Shades of Grey drove to his house.

2 hours ago, Bessie said:

If he's the one pulling the plug now, when he has no offers on the table

As to why he stayed, my guess is that the pros outweighed the cons.  He had the closest thing to job security you can get in Hollywood.  He mentioned one time, he had people from award winning shows tell him they were jealous of him because of the longevity of SPN.

I also get the feeling that being an A-lister was never one of his goals, even if it was something many of his fans want, but he wanted to feel fulfilled and challenged.   I  remember and interview where he said My Bloody Valentine really appealed to him because of the 3D aspect.  He knows what its like to work on hateful sets. 

As for SPN, I don't think he hates it.  On the contrary, he loves it.  A lot of times i feel like he's the only one that still cares about putting out a quality last season.   But it doesn't have to be an all or nothing situation.   You can dislike parts of your job but still love the job itself. 

We know there were times he was frustrated but the writing, but he gets to work with people he considers friends and family.  Some have been there since day one.  Jensen knows if they pull the plug a lot of those people would lose their jobs.  The money and perks (like ACL weekends off) have to be good too

If he's the one pulling the plug now, when he has no offers on the table, why wouldn't he have pulled it when he had major roles available to him. I just can't make that work, logically. 

Because I believe that everyone has that last straw, so to speak.  Yes the writing has been sketchy but last season it was the worst.  Both Sam and Dean were entirely irrelevant, especially Dean. T We know he felt they made him look like an idiot over that stupid wire fight.   He's been very vocal about that.   Plus, that was followed up by them dropping the Michael story.  *He seemed annoyed that Dabb blew him off when he asked for help.   He was very excited about the Michael story and it being the lastest in a long list of dropped plot points, my guess is he decided it was time and he and Jared made the decision. 

The fact that he pulled the plug with nothing lined up, speaks volumes to me.

*I'm basing that on an interview he did when he first told that story about Dabb blowing him off and he commented "I was an island unto myself."

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 15
19 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Jensen has had major roles offered to him.  I'm not 100% sure of the Captain America role, he was either short listed for the role itself , or short listed to audition, but his name was mentioned.

Aisha Tyler mentioned in an interview at comic con one time, that Marvel was looking to talk to him.

He was offered the role of Hawkeye.  That is a fact.  But he couldn't make the scheduling work with SPN.

He was offered the role of Ajax in Deadpool.    He even tried to get his people to make the scheduling work.  They couldn't' and SPN wouldn't work with him.

Jensen mentioned at a con that the producer of 50 Shades of Grey drove to his house.

As to why he stayed, my guess is that the pros outweighed the cons.  He had the closest thing to job security you can get in Hollywood.  He mentioned one time, he had people from award winning shows tell him they were jealous of him because of the longevity of SPN.

I also get the feeling that being an A-lister was never one of his goals, even if it was something many of his fans want, but he wanted to feel fulfilled and challenged.   I  remember and interview where he said My Bloody Valentine really appealed to him because of the 3D aspect.  He knows what its like to work on hateful sets. 

As for SPN, I don't think he hates it.  On the contrary, he loves it.  A lot of times i feel like he's the only one that still cares about putting out a quality last season.   But it doesn't have to be an all or nothing situation.   You can dislike parts of your job but still love the job itself. 

We know there were times he was frustrated but the writing, but he gets to work with people he considers friends and family.  Some have been there since day one.  Jensen knows if they pull the plug a lot of those people would lose their jobs.  The money and perks (like ACL weekends off) have to be good too

Because I believe that everyone has that last straw, so to speak.  Yes the writing has been sketchy but last season it was the worst.  Both Sam and Dean were entirely irrelevant, especially Dean. T We know he felt they made him look like an idiot over that stupid wire fight.   He's been very vocal about that.   Plus, that was followed up by them dropping the Michael story.  *He seemed annoyed that Dabb blew him off when he asked for help.   He was very excited about the Michael story and it being the lastest in a long list of dropped plot points, my guess is he decided it was time and he and Jared made the decision. 

*I'm basing that on an interview he did when he first told that story about Dabb blowing him off and he commented "I was an island unto myself."

I think that is exactly it.  He's not doing it because he's got something better lined up( like a cheating spouse who doesn't leave until they have another relationship going on the side they can jump right into) he's doing it because I think firstly the quality of the show itself and secondly the lack of respect with which he was treated by those running the show (and IMO the dropped storylines and unwillingness to give him any guidance when he asked for it is showing a big lack of respect) finally made him say enough is enough.  I think if it was just one or the other he might have decided to keep making it work but with both those things, that was the straw.  

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Because I believe that everyone has that last straw, so to speak.  Yes the writing has been sketchy but last season it was the worst.  Both Sam and Dean were entirely irrelevant, especially Dean.

I agree and co-sign every part of your post, just quoting this part because I believe the bolded is exactly right.

• Love 6

-Loyalty to the crew whom he considers family, who will be out of work for at least some time.

-Steady income

-Whose to say he doesn't already have offers in play? Just because he doesn't or hasn't announced anything YET doesn't mean it isn't on the table.

It was a joint announcement but I think Jensen is the one who finally called it a day.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

-Loyalty to the crew whom he considers family, who will be out of work for at least some time.

-Steady income

-Whose to say he doesn't already have offers in play? Just because he doesn't or hasn't announced anything YET doesn't mean it isn't on the table.

It was a joint announcement but I think Jensen is the one who finally called it a day.

Yahtzee.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

I think firstly the quality of the show itself and secondly the lack of respect with which he was treated by those running the show (and IMO the dropped storylines and unwillingness to give him any guidance when he asked for it is showing a big lack of respect) finally made him say enough is enough.

Yup, and its especially sticks out to me when he talks about directing and being the one in charge.  And how if your asked a question you better have an answer.  Even if its something really small, like do you want a red one or a blue one.  Saying 'I don't matter" means you just disrespected that other person's job. 

This is something he said even before Dabb blew him off and something he seems to feel quiet strongly about,  But I thought it was telling that when he was talking about directing at the last con, he added that it could apply to other aspects.  It felt like it was shade at Dabb. 

While I don't know Jensen, and can only judge by the public persona he shows up, I get the feeling that respect, both earning and giving is very important to him.  So I think Dabb bascially giving him an "its doesn't matter" along with dropping the story line, was the final straw.

I do believe him that it was  joint decision.  I don't think he went to Jared and said, "I'm done deal with it."   I remember him saying, something along the lines they had that conversation every year, but it never really had the finality about it,  But I think the wire fight,  Dabb's treatment of him, and what he perceived as a lack of respect added that finality.  (Hopefully, I'm explaining that okay.). 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Also Starlord... he was up for Starlord and he would have rocked that and held his own with Thor and Iron Man unlike Pratt. Sigh...

I really think they were going for a concept with the wire fight scene and it did look silly admittedly. I think they staged the entire finale and put in some text to evoke Greek tragedy so the wire fight was part of that. I wrote about that on WFB. It was to emphasize Dean's tragic fall... but you know... the fight scene needed to be really beautifully done to work like "Immortals" or "Troy" and they failed.

9 hours ago, 7kstar said:

I now wonder if Jared's melt down where he had trouble doing the scene and really thought he performed terribly was due to having issues with ending the series.  If he was on the fence about ending the series and Jensen wasn't it would explain some of Jared's reactions...  no proof.  Just curious...

What meltdown?

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

What meltdown?

At the end of Profit and Loss. Jared and Jensen talked about it at the first convention they attended after this episode. Jared literally could not perform the scene.  For whatever reason he couldn't sync up the dialog to the emotion or the action. The hug was more between Jared and Jensen than Sam and Dean when he finally got through it.

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

At the end of Profit and Loss. Jared and Jensen talked about it at the first convention they attended after this episode. Jared literally could not perform the scene.  For whatever reason he couldn't sync up the dialog to the emotion or the action. The hug was more between Jared and Jensen than Sam and Dean when he finally got through it.

Thanks. I will gave to look up that episode. I am so detached at this point I can't remember it.

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

Oh yes. Of course. Powerful scene.

20 hours ago, Bessie said:

First of all many have left hit shows to go nowhere fast.  Tom Selleck, first example that comes to mind.  I think once he decided to stick it out, he had a competitive streak to beat Tom Welling's Smallville run.  They've talked about it many times.

He loved working with the crew and directors and actors and could call the shots to speak verses starting over.  So many little things.

I think he also was building up opportunities by singing at cons, he built his confidence for singing which he didn't believe he could do.  He could direct, he could have time off and most of all he had FUN doing the job. When the fun no longer outweighed the obstacles for continuing then he did moved on.

Do I think he was miserable, far from it.  He is having a blast and working on his own terms.  He is making great money, has a nice home and exploring what he wants to do.  Supernatural finally couldn't compete with his drive to move on.  I personally think they have been paving the way for the last few years by saying, "when Supernatural ends" I mean way down the road.

To give another perspective, I'm retiring...my students don't know this will be my last one act and no I won't be there next year going on.  That I will be leaving when the eight graders leave.  I know it's over and I just now told my boss it's over due to an issue that she was on my back for.  Now she knows she doesn't have to worry about fixing all the wrongs I do, because it'll be someone else's headache.  The kids are clueless that I'm done.  But I've actually been planting the seed for several years, they just didn't realize that I was thinking about retiring.  For me 31 years of teaching is it.  I'm done.  For Jared, Jensen and maybe Misha, 15 years was it, they were now done.

I just wish Supernatural was going out with a bang, but I guess instead it will be a whimper.  That's my feelings and no one has to agree with me.  Being someone that does create productions and deals with getting kids to act, I do have another viewpoint that might be helpful.  🙂

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Hey, I've been in my current job 15 years and wish I could move on too.  Those guys have been lucky in enjoying their jobs so much, and everything those jobs have given them - I'm sure they'd readily agree with that - but there comes a time in probably most people's lives when you say to yourself "for better or for worse, time to go, see what's out there, see what else I can learn or achieve."  I'm quietly confident they will get other gigs, but the money they have earned and invested will see them right in the interim.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, 7kstar said:

When the fun no longer outweighed the obstacles for continuing then he did moved on.

This is what I believe too.  He's said repeatedly that he loves to challenge himself.  Aside from the odd scene they really give him nothing to work with anymore.  Even the episode he directed he commented that he wanted to direct an action scene so  he basically had to write on in himself. 

Even in the episode where they had the big battle to get the souls into hell, his part was too kneel by the hole. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, 7kstar said:

First of all many have left hit shows to go nowhere fast.  Tom Selleck, first example that comes to mind.  I think once he decided to stick it out, he had a competitive streak to beat Tom Welling's Smallville run.  They've talked about it many times.

He loved working with the crew and directors and actors and could call the shots to speak verses starting over.  So many little things.

I think he also was building up opportunities by singing at cons, he built his confidence for singing which he didn't believe he could do.  He could direct, he could have time off and most of all he had FUN doing the job. When the fun no longer outweighed the obstacles for continuing then he did moved on.

Do I think he was miserable, far from it.  He is having a blast and working on his own terms.  He is making great money, has a nice home and exploring what he wants to do.  Supernatural finally couldn't compete with his drive to move on.  I personally think they have been paving the way for the last few years by saying, "when Supernatural ends" I mean way down the road.

To give another perspective, I'm retiring...my students don't know this will be my last one act and no I won't be there next year going on.  That I will be leaving when the eight graders leave.  I know it's over and I just now told my boss it's over due to an issue that she was on my back for.  Now she knows she doesn't have to worry about fixing all the wrongs I do, because it'll be someone else's headache.  The kids are clueless that I'm done.  But I've actually been planting the seed for several years, they just didn't realize that I was thinking about retiring.  For me 31 years of teaching is it.  I'm done.  For Jared, Jensen and maybe Misha, 15 years was it, they were now done.

I just wish Supernatural was going out with a bang, but I guess instead it will be a whimper.  That's my feelings and no one has to agree with me.  Being someone that does create productions and deals with getting kids to act, I do have another viewpoint that might be helpful.  🙂

I can believe that Jensen stayed because he enjoyed the work and the people, he liked the security and the paycheck and he realized leaving a show is always risky. 

But what is clearly not true is the claim by some that the show stalled his career and he lost all sorts of major roles because of his contract (which he continue to sign multiple times). Auditioning for so many big roles and not getting them is probably why he continued to sign on. If he wasn’t in big demand and not getting many major offers in his thirties, that’s unlikely to change in his 40s. If he stays with acting, his most likely roles will be as the father of rebellious drug troubled teens in Lifetime and Hallmark movies or maybe a dad role in a sitcom if he’s lucky. Maybe he will just choose to direct instead. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Ria said:

I can believe that Jensen stayed because he enjoyed the work and the people, he liked the security and the paycheck and he realized leaving a show is always risky. 

But what is clearly not true is the claim by some that the show stalled his career and he lost all sorts of major roles because of his contract (which he continue to sign multiple times). Auditioning for so many big roles and not getting them is probably why he continued to sign on. If he wasn’t in big demand and not getting many major offers in his thirties, that’s unlikely to change in his 40s. If he stays with acting, his most likely roles will be as the father of rebellious drug troubled teens in Lifetime and Hallmark movies or maybe a dad role in a sitcom if he’s lucky. Maybe he will just choose to direct instead. 

Well he's clearly no Walker, Texas Ranger, 😉 but I don't think he's quite relegated to Dad roles just yet, no matter what Andrew Dabb would have us believe.

PS, losing out on opportunities due to his contract is right from Jensen's mouth. Obviously one can choose to believe him or not.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 10
39 minutes ago, Ria said:

Acting is a capricious business so there is always a risk but I don`t think you can declare his career dead and buried because you see zero demand for him except for throwaway bit parts. Maybe other people, even ones in the industry, like him more than you?

Personally, I do not want to see him continue on the freaking CW. 

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Acting is a capricious business so there is always a risk but I don`t think you can declare his career dead and buried because you see zero demand for him except for throwaway bit parts. Maybe other people, even ones in the industry, like him more than you?

Personally, I do not want to see him continue on the freaking CW. 

Amen! to all of this-especially the last sentence.

44 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

PS, losing out on opportunities due to his contract is right from Jensen's mouth. Obviously one can choose to believe him or not

And an additional Amen! to this.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Ria said:

But what is clearly not true is the claim by some that the show stalled his career and he lost all sorts of major roles because of his contract

This is true.  He was offered Hawkeye after they went with Chris Evans for Captain America, and he stated at a con he was offered Ajax in dead pool and tried to make it work around SPN and couldn't.

Yes, he chose to stay and I understand why but it is a fact that Marvel was interested in him. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

This is true.  He was offered Hawkeye after they went with Chris Evans for Captain America, and he stated at a con he was offered Ajax in dead pool and tried to make it work around SPN and couldn't.

Yes, he chose to stay and I understand why but it is a fact that Marvel was interested in him. 

Maybe he will get an offer for the Eternals or is that cast yet.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Castiels Cat said:

Maybe he will get an offer for the Eternals or is that cast yet.

Of course, this will be in production soon. Way too late for casting in Marvel Phase 4 if that's what you're thinking.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Well he's clearly no Walker, Texas Ranger, 😉 but I don't think he's quite relegated to Dad roles just yet, no matter what Andrew Dabb would have us believe.

PS, losing out on opportunities due to his contract is right from Jensen's mouth. Obviously one can choose to believe him or not.

I do think she has him confused with someone else who was not up for consideration by Marvel or Zero Dark Thirty for that matter. I am sure he has not aged out either. It's not like casting directors have forgotten the guy they wanted because he couldn't get out of contractual obligations. 

3 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Of course, this will be in production soon. Way too late for casting in Marvel Phase 4 if that's what you're thinking.

😖

4 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Maybe something is in the works and he is mum. It was a steady stream and all WB adjacent.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Even in the episode where they had the big battle to get the souls into hell, his part was too kneel by the hole. 

... holding a sachet... THAT was the important part!!! And then he threw it in the hole!!! Oh and he texted Ketch didn't he ... well Argan really. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

I do think she has him confused with someone else who was not up for consideration by Marvel or Zero Dark Thirty for that matter. I am sure he has not aged out either. It's not like casting directors have forgotten the guy they wanted because he couldn't get out of contractual obligations. 

You do realize these movies came out in 2012 and casting would have been the year before? And in all those years since he has not landed any major role or been confident enough in the interest in him to not keep renewing his contract? 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Ria said:

You do realize these movies came out in 2012 and casting would have been the year before? And in all those years since he has not landed any major role or been confident enough in the interest in him to not keep renewing his contract? 

It doesn't really matter.  We'll see (eventually) what Jensen does next, whether he has a big movie, another TV show or just decides to stick with his singing.  He has more than enough to keep him busy (and fulfilled) in between his brewery, his music and possibly directing.  He can wait till a role comes along that he wants.  We don't know what's been going on behind the scenes (in the studios, not just on his part), so there's no profit in debating what might have been years ago or even what might be next.  We'll all see.  

• Love 4

This episode just further cemented by belief that Sam really doesn't like Dean.  It's why his so called rah rah speeches never work.

Someone also needs to tell Jared to soften his delivery.  He always sounds like he's lecturing/talking at Dean rather than just talking to him.

Sam, yet again, was given an opportunity to defend Dean and he threw him under the bus by agreeing that he's a bully. 

Why didn't Sam and Cas just let Dean sacrifice himself?  Then they would have been free.

I'm beginning to believe the only reason Dean got the be the cheer-er rather than the cheer-ee in Atomic Monsters was because so they could add the line that Sam pulled him through and remind the audience that that Sam is the inspirational one leader.

Glynn sucks as bad as Berens.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 12
24 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

This episode just further cemented by belief that Sam really doesn't like Dean.  It's why his so called rah rah speeches never work.

Someone also needs to tell Jared to soften his delivery.  He always sounds like he's lecturing/talking at Dean rather than just talking to him.

Sam, yet again, was given an opportunity to defend Dean and he threw him under the bus by agreeing that he's a bully. 

Why didn't Sam and Cas just let Dean sacrifice himself?  Then they would have been free.

I'm beginning to believe the only reason Dean got the be the cheer-er rather than the cheer-ee in Atomic Monsters was because so they could add the line that Sam pulled him through and remind the audience that that Sam is the inspirational one leader.

Between the writing and both Sam/Jared and Cas/Misha's line deliveries, it's pretty clear that neither of them like Dean. He's a convenient punching bag and some extra muscle when they need it (and when he's not dropping his gun or tripping over himself). Glynn drank Dabb's koolaid after her first episode. Even Regarding Dean took shots at the character - it was only made great by Jensen's performance.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

They have to treat his that way, Dean is mean and stupid, remember? It's smart, sensitive Sam's job to try and teach him how to think and feel correctly. 😡

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Ria said:

In other words, he'll have Michael Shanks's career.  Yeah, I don't see Jensen getting a major movie role at his age.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Mulva said:

In other words, he'll have Michael Shanks's career.  Yeah, I don't see Jensen getting a major movie role at his age.

James McAvoy, Chris Pratt, Christian Bale, Matt Damon, Ewan McGreggor, Joaquin Phoenix, Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Benedict Cumberbatch, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Cruise, Mark Ruffalo, Cillian Murphy, Timothy Olyphant, Idris Elba, Ryan Reynolds, Jeremy Renner etc. etc.

If you believe that Jensen's age is the only thing holding him back from a "major" movie role, there's plenty of examples disputing that. I'd argue that the majority of our most famous movie stars nowadays are 40+. 

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, Mulva said:

at his age.

Harrison Ford was in his late 30s and at that time a relative unknown when he was cast as Han Solo.  Id' say he went on to a pretty successful career.  He's almost 80 and just filmed Call of the Wild.  That seems like a pretty action heavy movie.

There are lots of good roles.  What Jensen needs is someone to take a chance on him. He seems to have good people in his corner.   He said he has meetings in LA in a few weeks to discuss his future.   

I'd be lying if I said don't want to see Jensen in a big budget movie along with A-listers.  Its my dream to see him act alongside Ryan Reynolds, but first and foremost I want to see him in a quality project.  With writers who are interested in his character.

Selisihly, I'd rather seem him on TV because I think his strength is character building.  He makes me care about his characters.  Alec, Priestly, Tom, Dean, I want to know more about what makes them tick.  Its easier to develop a character when you play him multiple times rather then once every two years.

I just hope he stays far away from the CW.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Harrison Ford was in his late 30s and at that time a relative unknown when he was cast as Han Solo.  Id' say he went on to a pretty successful career.  He's almost 80 and just filmed Call of the Wild.  That seems like a pretty action heavy movie.

There are lots of good roles.  What Jensen needs is someone to take a chance on him. He seems to have good people in his corner.   He said he has meetings in LA in a few weeks to discuss his future.   

I'd be lying if I said don't want to see Jensen in a big budget movie along with A-listers.  Its my dream to see him act alongside Ryan Reynolds, but first and foremost I want to see him in a quality project.  With writers who are interested in his character.

Selisihly, I'd rather seem him on TV because I think his strength is character building.  He makes me care about his characters.  Alec, Priestly, Tom, Dean, I want to know more about what makes them tick.  Its easier to develop a character when you play him multiple times rather then once every two years.

I think it's promising that WB and Marvel have had their eye on him and the only reason he wasn't an Avenger was his contract.  

Now he will be free. WB and Marvel will know this. They will continue to make movies.

The man comes with a genre fan following that has kept the show going, still has it, can do comedy/tragedy/action/badass like no one else. has barely aged and has a fantastic reputation in the business. 

My husband thinks he is perfect for Wolverine.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

My husband thinks he is perfect for Wolverine.

He would, but I really don't want him re-doing a role that has been done so recently, and in this case, so iconically, by another actor. Let him originate his own role, please!

• Love 5

Brought over from Spoilers thread

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I read somewere that Jared didn`t film much for episode 7 - probably respectively as Jensen filmed very little for episode 6. I`m not aware for any BTS-reasons for either one so I honestly don`t get it with all the time off. They probably have stuff like that in their contract now.

not super spoilery but just in case

Spoiler

You can bet that whatever the reasons, *if* it's a Sam-lite episode it won't be because he's too defeated/pissed off to do anything but eat cereal from a box and brood. He'll be off saving the world somewhere (probably with his BFF Castiel), while helping little old ladies cross the street and petting baby seals.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

@gonzosgirrl

Spoiler

You're prediction is right on, while Dean goes off on this own, Sam and Cas are trying to find God.  Its right in the episode description.

Also I fully belief that this will end up being a hallucination.  Its too on the nose to what Dean is looking for.  The Bar being called Swayze's, getting to sing (and sing well from the sounds of it) and a big fight, and a guy to watch his back.  Sam will still get the big save.   I would put money on it.

Also with regards to episode 10 it occurred to me that its Dean that gets the cavity and Sam the cold.  So its seems they're trying to create more sympathy for Sam.  (ah poor baby is so sick), while Dean gets the cavity.  I would guess it will be the first teeth so they can make an "ugly" joke both literally and figuratively.

If the rotation holds, its a Perez ep so I'm also expecting that episode to go with laughing with Sam but at Dean.  I'd also guess that Sam's special skills will be all Sam while Dean's will be all Gods given to reinforce the hero Sam, zero Dean message they seem to hammering away at. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Brought over from Spoilers thread

Hide contents

not super spoilery but just in case

Hide contents

You can bet that whatever the reasons, *if* it's a Sam-lite episode it won't be because he's too defeated/pissed off to do anything but eat cereal from a box and brood. He'll be off saving the world somewhere (probably with his BFF Castiel), while helping little old ladies cross the street and petting baby seals.

I laughed and then I cried.

4 hours ago, Mulva said:

Yeah, I don't see Jensen getting a major movie role at his age.

Are you confusing Jensen with a woman? Hollywood has nothing against casting older men for major roles. Women are the ones restricted by their age.

• Love 6
On 11/22/2019 at 4:35 PM, Mulva said:

Stranger things have happened. Patrick Stewart was 47 when Star Trek: Next Generation started and 60 when he first played Professor Xavier. 

🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 11/23/2019 at 3:04 PM, juppschmitz said:

Stranger things have happened. Patrick Stewart was 47 when Star Trek: Next Generation started and 60 when he first played Professor Xavier. 

🤷🏼‍♀️

I was in my twenties when TNG started and I was all about Jean-Luc Picard. The idea that Jensen has aged out is ludicrous.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Love 6

I'm commenting here becuase part of my response belongs here.

I don't have a problem with people addressing tension with humor but the double standards bother me.  When Jensen did it he was making light and not taking it seriously.

When Jared does it 'its a joke."

• Love 10
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

I don't have a problem with people addressing tension with humor but the double standards bother me.  When Jensen did it he was making light and not taking it seriously.

Well, it is the stans so I'm not expecting any different.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Jensen may actually have been employing black humor. In effect Jared was his " big dumb friend" or whatever he said. Personally I took that as Jensen being funny, acknowledging the situation but not letting Jared off easy either. He is a grown man with responsibilities and should behave better. He is a husband and father. He has a responsibility to the show. Beyond the people that he directly hurt by his actions, he potentially let a lot of people down had he been in jail for longer. The behavior is unacceptable.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

Jensen may actually have been employing black humor. In effect Jared was his " big dumb friend" or whatever he said. Personally I took that as Jensen being funny, acknowledging the situation but not letting Jared off easy either. He is a grown man with responsibilities and should behave better. He is a husband and father. He has a responsibility to the show. Beyond the people that he directly hurt by his actions, he potentially let a lot of people down had he been in jail for longer. The behavior is unacceptable.

I agree. I didn't especially like Jensen joking about it, but I think he deserves some slack because he had nothing to do with what happened and was in a rough spot in terms of addressing it. 

It's funny because my BvJ opinions were always about the characters but this incident has made me rethink some things offscreen. 

• Love 5