Type keyword(s) to search

“Bitch” Vs. “Jerk”: Where We Discuss Who The Writers Screwed This Week/Season/Ever

• Start Topic

Brought over from Super Positive thread by Sue B.:

I really liked Jared and Jensen’s answer in the convention panel today about the length of the show (emphasis mine): 

Question: "After playing the same characters after 15 years, normally actors get into acting so they can play different characters throughout their career, what were the deciding factors saying ‘okay, we’re going to keep going with these same characters for 15 years or should we end the show earlier so we can see what other characters are out there for us."

"Jared: Great question Genevieve, that’s a weird name.   Ah ... speaking for myself I’ve been able to play a lot of characters of Supernatural so that’s a blessing but I got into acting to tell stories.  I love stories. I love reading stories. I love watching stories.  I love telling stories. I love being around a raconteur who tells stories, and he’s (Points to Jensen) a great story teller, Bob Singer is a great story teller. You have those people in your life who tell you about their weekend and you want to hear. Like this is going to be cool, I want to hear, not ‘oh, they’re droning in again about their drive. I don’t care!’  I’d watch Bill Murray read a telephone book. There the ones that can tell you a great story.  Like art, you see a great painting and it tells you a story or you imagine a story,  or great music.  If I played Sam a Winchester my entire life, I’d die happy. Ya know? As long as he had a story to tell and he DOES have a story to tell and he’s telling that story and maybe on April 5th when Jared and Sam say good bye to each other, hopefully it’s see ya later, not goodbye, ya know?  (Jensen interrupts with a faux loud sob) we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.  So yeah, I’m really excited to tell the stories.  I get to tell an overarching story but I get to tell a lot of smaller stories concurrently. So I’m very thrilled to have had this opportunity."

"Jensen: I was talking about this a little bit earlier, and I think one of the reasons why he and I have stuck with this for as long as we have is I think there is a realization on both parts here of just how rare and unique this opportunity is. There’s not a lot of shows that get to film 327 episodes, there’s shows that ... (applause for 327) ...ah and even more rare that have 327 episodes of the same two leading characters.  And, you know the the ones that do get into the triple digits and stuff tend to be more procedural type shows.  You know where they’re following a formula that works, and works very well. To constantly be creating new story lines and new character arcs and new characters and all new motivations season after season after season after season and so on. I think we quickly realized we were part of something special here and that we had. We’ve heard the metaphor of lightening in a bottle and I don’t think he and I were ready to get rid of that anytime soon. And we were wanting to hang onto that as long as possible. And so we have. We’ve tried to do it justice. We’ve tried to earn this as much as we possibly can."

It’s really nice to be part of a fandom where the actors genuinely like the show and share some heartfelt appreciation for the unique and complex storytelling.

*************************************************************************************

The bolded parts are mine. I'm putting this here because, although I thank Sue B. for her quotes, when I read it, I was really irked by Jared's reply to the question - it's all about how he loves all the stories that Sam gets to tell. (And play, I would say) Wouldn't it be nice if Dean had a few(?) more to tell and play? The other thing that stood out to me was Jensen's answer which constantly included "he and I and we", not "I" which conveys to me that Jensen looks at their work and longevity on the show as teamwork, not specifically what he alone is there for. Jensen even compliments the creators of the stories/arcs etc. as reasons for the show going on so long. IMO it is striking how different their answers are to the same question.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

The bolded parts are mine. I'm putting this here because, although I thank Sue B. for her quotes, when I read it, I was really irked by Jared's reply to the question - it's all about how he loves all the stories that Sam gets to tell. (And play, I would say) Wouldn't it be nice if Dean had a few(?) more to tell and play? The other thing that stood out to me was Jensen's answer which constantly included "he and I and we", not "I" which conveys to me that Jensen looks at their work and longevity on the show as teamwork, not specifically what he alone is there for. Jensen even compliments the creators of the stories/arcs etc. as reasons for the show going on so long. IMO it is striking how different their answers are to the same question.

Exactly my reaction to it.

I know there are (IMO rare) examples of Jared talking about Dean/Jensen and complimenting his peers, but he is invariably an I, me, mine guy. It's especially noticeable when they are both answering the same question.

• Love 9

My opinion here:

Another way to look at it is that Jared answered Genevieve's question more specifically from an artistic standpoint and on a personal level, prefacing that with "speaking for myself..." Jared explained why - for him - he enjoyed staying with the work. Jensen answered the question more generally - that he realized the potential of what they had and wanted to keep holding on to it - which was easier to answer from a "we" standpoint if he and Jared had had that discussion in the past.

How is Jared supposed to answer for Jensen on what Jensen appreciated about the acting process or about playing Dean? And wouldn't it have been presumptuous of him to do something like that? He likely would've gotten criticized with "why is he speaking for Jensen? How does he know what Jensen thinks about that?"

It could be as simple as Jensen feels more comfortable speaking for both he and Jared whereas Jared doesn't feel as comfortable speaking for Jensen*** rather than some "Jared only cares about himself" thing.

And given that Jared said that the main thing for him was that they were telling great stories and that Jensen told great stories - meaning that Jared thought that Jensen makes / made the creative process fun and worth doing for all of those years because Jensen was an interesting person to be around - I think that was fairly high praise for Jensen... and specific praise rather than a general "we think X or Y."

So Jared answered the question from his own perspective and, in my opinion, gave the person asking the question a more informative and personal answer whereas Jensen's was more of a generic "This was a great opportunity and I felt grateful to have it." But somehow this makes Jared a jerk, I guess, because he didn't presume to know what Jensen's answer would be and answer for him.

I personally don't get it, but obviously miles here vary.

*** I myself, when posting, do so from more of an "I" perspective rather than from a "Sam fan" perspective. Some posters feel comfortable going with "We Sam fans think..." or "We Dean fans think..." I don't. It doesn't mean that I'm not interested in other peoples' opinions. Actually the opposite in that I am interested. I just don't feel comfortable speaking for other Sam, Dean, or Supernatural fans who are not me. And I don't think that there's anything wrong with that or that that makes me only about me.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Sam described as Sam "F'ing" Winchester, half Christ, half cowboy. 

*snort* Seriously?! His appearance in that scene did not look badass or *gag* Christlike. He was dripping with blood and had a panicked expression on his face because Lucifer was right behind him. What was Berens smoking? That's actually embarrassing to even read.

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Love 10

Sam: Christ (omg), Cowboy. Flinty, bad ass, strong.

Mary: bad ass as ever, being strong for Dean even though her favourite son is dead.

Dean: cries.

Seriously, just fuck you, Berens. Dabb, too. 

Please,  tell me some more that there's no bias on this show. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Mary: bad ass as ever, being strong for Dean even though her favourite son is dead.

Don't worry, I'm sure that shortly you'll be told that it's all in your head!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

*snort* Seriously?! His appearance in that scene did not look badass or *gag* Christlike. He was dripping with blood and had a panicked expression on his face because Lucifer was right behind him. What was Berens smoking? That's actually embarrassing to even read.

2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

They don't even try to hide their bias.

2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It's all right there,  isn't it.

Wow.

My feelings on the writer bias on this show in these latter seasons has never felt more justified before.

Unfuckingbelievable.

And Jensen read this shit, too.

Things are becoming more clear every day as to why the show is ending-at least to this fan, anyway. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, goyour-own-way said:

The other script pages are just as bad too. Sam fighting the vamps is "Sam has never looked so badass! Heroic! Awesome!" Dean gets nothing like that.

If I didn't know better, I'd think these were pages of a parody.

• Love 6

I really want to see the pages from Steve Yockey for Advanced Thanatology and Nihilism.

2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

If I didn't know better, I'd think these were pages of a parody.

Now that you say that, is it confirmed these pages are legit?

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, goyour-own-way said:

The other script pages are just as bad too. Sam fighting the vamps is "Sam has never looked so badass! Heroic! Awesome!" Dean gets nothing like that.

Not that I would expect it. However, Sam looked super-awesome-fantastically-badass in the scene where the vamps rather easily killed him? What was Berens on?

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Not that I would expect it. However, Sam looked super-awesome-fantastically-badass in the scene where the vamps rather easily killed him? What was Berens on?

It's like a mediocre Crack!Fic got slipped into the production office and they just went with it.

51 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I really want to see the pages from Steve Yockey for Advanced Thanatology and Nihilism.

Now that you say that, is it confirmed these pages are legit?

I don't know the poster, so I wouldn't stake my life on it, but sadly, I have no problem believing it's real.

But is it normal to write such flowery, fan-boy adulation into a script like that? I mean, who does things like this:

3JQ1uTQZ.jpg small.jpg

And if it is real, again, just compare and contrast the description of the two of them fighting vamps.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It's like a mediocre Crack!Fic got slipped into the production office and they just went with it.

I don't know the poster, so I wouldn't stake my life on it, but sadly, I have no problem believing it's real.

But is it normal to write such flowery, fan-boy adulation into a script like that?

From the old script sides I remember reading till Season 4, no, it is not. Yes, occassionally the writer may put a descriptor in so the director knows what the mood or focus is supposed to be like (though if the writing is good, that should come from the scene itself) but it's not normal for the script to fellate a character like that. That is what stan-fanfic is like.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

From the old script sides I remember reading till Season 4, no, it is not. Yes, occassionally the writer may put a descriptor in so the director knows what the mood or focus is supposed to be like (though if the writing is good, that should come from the scene itself) but it's not normal for the script to fellate a character like that. That is what stan-fanfic is like.

Thanks. I mean, it's not even just the god-awful Sam stuff.

I mean, really?

wkPfNxwU.jpg small.jpg

22 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Thanks. I mean, it's not even just the god-awful Sam stuff.

I mean, really?

wkPfNxwU.jpg small.jpg

No wonder Sam comes across as written by a 12 year old Mary Sue fan fic writer.

That is exactly how Beren's writes.

I didn't read it all, did he really say Sam was Mary's favorite?

Edited by ILoveReading
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

But is it normal to write such flowery, fan-boy adulation into a script like that? I mean, who does things like this:

3JQ1uTQZ.jpg small.jpg

And if it is real, again, just compare and contrast the description of the two of them fighting vamps.

Well, the truth is that no matter what descriptors the writer put in, that's not what came across on screen, whether deliberately (director/actor choice) or accidentally.  Maybe that's why they started adding the adulation to the dialog, making it the "tell" rather than just "show" (which might be why some fans here have complained about the discrepancy between the show and tell in eps.)  

I think we should give some credit to the directors (or editors) for ignoring/cutting through the bias/bs.  (At least, until the Showrunner overrules them.)  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ahrtee said:

Well, the truth is that no matter what descriptors the writer put in, that's not what came across on screen, whether deliberately (director/actor choice) or accidentally.  Maybe that's why they started adding the adulation to the dialog, making it the "tell" rather than just "show" (which might be why some fans here have complained about the discrepancy between the show and tell in eps.)  

I think we should give some credit to the directors (or editors) for ignoring/cutting through the bias/bs.  (At least, until the Showrunner overrules them.)  

I mean, what do people remember from this ep? Rowena randomely banging Gabriel? Dean supposedly leaving "dead" Sam and if that was in character or not? That Sam randomely "died" for two seconds to facilitate him bringing Lucy to the camp. The vamp scene in the cave was pretty lame and even the episode itself couldn`t pretend to give two fucks over killing off a character because it was so short and went right into a convo with Lucifer. 

And Sam showing up at the camp didn`t look either Cowboy nor Christ-like. What should invoke either image?

I mean when Jackie-poo was on his knees and Dean was supposed to "sacrifice" him in an episode called Moriah, I could get if the script said "just like Abraham and Isaac". You know, in case the director was an idiot and didn`t get it from Chuck`s dialogue alone.  

Was that vamp episode episode really memorable to anyone at large? In a good or bad way? Was Season 13 really memorable? I mean, I can remember the Jack-ness and the boring AU-ness but overall the Season strikes me as pretty forgettable. Berens Becky-fanfic didn`t really make to screen.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

No, that was me.

It is true though.

No one is ever going to convince me that Jensen wasn't the primary reason for plug being pulled and the writers are punishing him for it. 

I'll be interested to hear what Jensen may say at a con after the show ends.  I don't think he'd ever trash talk the show, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some passive aggressive remarks, like the deliciously  salty one we got this weekend.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

It is true though.

No one is ever going to convince me that Jensen wasn't the primary reason for plug being pulled and the writers are punishing him for it. 

I'll be interested to hear what Jensen may say at a con after the show ends.  I don't think he'd ever trash talk the show, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some passive aggressive remarks, like the deliciously  salty one we got this weekend.

What did Jensen say? ( I know about the “I don’t care“ comment he made when talking about being the director on the episode; I’m assuming that this is something else, yes?)

Thanks

28 minutes ago, Lemuria said:

What did Jensen say? ( I know about the “I don’t care“ comment he made when talking about being the director on the episode; I’m assuming that this is something else, yes?)

Thanks

Someone asked how it felt to replay all the alt versions of their characters.  Then Jensen said he didn't have any.  Someone said, yes he did and Jensen replied (paraphrasing) "ish- for like a half second"

I think i posted a link in the bitter spoilers thread.

Edited by ILoveReading
because there and their are not the same thing.
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

It is true though.

You know I agree with this, but in this case, that script is for 13x23, well before the announcement for the end came. But if I were Jensen and read a script like this, well let's just say I would probably not be happy about it. But he's a much bigger and better person than I.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

You know I agree with this, but in this case, that script is for 13x23, well before the announcement for the end came. But if I were Jensen and read a script like this, well let's just say I would probably not be happy about it. But he's a much bigger and better person than I.

Sorry, I worded my post badly.  I didn't mean to say that it was that specific script, it was meant as a more general comment and that kind of obvious bias.  I doubt Berens is the only one.  That combined with Michael (see Jensen's comment from this weeked) being dropped was probably the last straw.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Someone asked how it felt to replay all the alt versions of their characters.  Then Jensen said he didn't have any.  Someone said, yes he did and Jensen replied (paraphrasing) "ish- for like a half second"

I think i posted a link in the bitter spoilers thread.

Thanks. 

And “ouch!” 😈

• Love 3

That Berens script is so bad it would be hilarious, except it’s a pretty good symbol of what exactly went wrong with the show and that makes it very tragic.

I can’t wrap my head around the fact that someone who’s supposedly a professional writer would put things like that into a script. Just imagine being on the SPN production team and reading this script, and wondering how the hell you’re going to transfer those ridiculous things on the screen.

Even worse, imagine being Jensen and reading the script where everyone is badass and cool and fun, but Dean barely gets a mention. What a slap in his face.

And maybe the oddest idea yet, imagine being Jared and reading the script, wondering how to pull off being “half Christ, half cowboy”…

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, hunenka said:

And maybe the oddest idea yet, imagine being Jared and reading the script, wondering how to pull off being “half Christ, half cowboy”…

Well, obviously he didn't.  I can't say if he tried and failed or just decided (like so many here) that it was too stupid to even try.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, hunenka said:

Sorry, but all of this reminds me of the English band Half Man Half Biscuit and now I can't unsee Sam as, well, half man, half biscuit :DDD

Edited by juppschmitz
5 hours ago, hunenka said:

That Berens script is so bad it would be hilarious, except it’s a pretty good symbol of what exactly went wrong with the show and that makes it very tragic.

I can’t wrap my head around the fact that someone who’s supposedly a professional writer would put things like that into a script. Just imagine being on the SPN production team and reading this script, and wondering how the hell you’re going to transfer those ridiculous things on the screen.

Even worse, imagine being Jensen and reading the script where everyone is badass and cool and fun, but Dean barely gets a mention. What a slap in his face.

I agree with all of this but can't help imagining the teasing Jensen probably gave Jared over that. I'm sure all of the above is true but as Jensen is rolling with it and trying to ignore it, I could see Jensen and the rest of the cast harassing Jared. "No, that was too much cowboy, not enough Christ, Jare."

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Sam came across as totally incompetent. My takeaway of the Vampire Cave Debacle was that when Dean had his mind on other stuff, basically worried about Mary and too preoccupied to take lead per normal, things went south very fast. Sam was incapable of taking lead. There was nothing cowboy nor Christlike about it. Pathetic slaughter of the incompetent.

Now compare that to Dean and Benny hunting together in Purgatory, Dean taking out a nest of vampires by himself the several times that he has done it...

Seriously.

These writers need to watch their show's backlog and see how it's done because one Winchester can do it and not look pathetic or pained. He is the one that asks himself when is decapitation not his thang.

Their passive aggressive vendetta is hurting the show and I suspect their careers more than anything.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

These writers need to watch their show's backlog and see how it's done because one Winchester can do it and not look pathetic or pained.

Actually both Winchesters can do it according to show history. Recent writers just choose to make one look incompetent by giving him story arcs that are not organic to his character and then making him fail at them. It's like expecting a scientist to write a successful novel and then being surprised that he/she can't do it. Sure many scientists write scientific papers, but that writing is completely different from novel writing. It would be ridiculous to have the criticism of "why couldn't you write a successful novel, you write things all the time?"

The writers aren't doing Sam's character any favors by trying to force him into roles that aren't in his wheelhouse. All they are doing is showing that they don't like Sam as he is. They want him to be different, force him into a role he doesn't fit. To me, that isn't showing love for a character. If they liked Sam, in my opinion, they would let him be Sam instead of trying to make him be something he isn't.

So basically, for this viewer, I could care less what flowery complimentary stuff the writers write in their scripts - if that thing is even real - if what they end up showing onscreen is anything but complimentary.

• Love 1

The problem is not that Berens tries and fails in his script to make Sam the sole big amazing badass hero of the story, both Christ-like and John Wayne adjacent at the same time. The problem is that he tries at all.

Why? Why, in a show that is about two brothers, both supposedly amazing and heroic characters, is there this manic, slavering devotion to only one of them, as clearly demonstrated in this writer's work?  There is no rule of TV writing which requires that only one character must be chosen to be the badass hero, with everyone else in a supporting role.

And it's not an isolated one-off problem. I have seen writers on the show work so hard in their episodes to show Sam as the heroic, brave, wise, compassionate, brilliant leader. While Dean, a wonderful and complex and truly heroic character,  keeps getting marginalized as the comic relief whose only admirable quality is the depth of his devotion to his brother.

So yeah, the fact that the writer can't exactly manage to carry off what he was trying to do is not a solace to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Actually both Winchesters can do it according to show history. Recent writers just choose to make one look incompetent by giving him story arcs that are not organic to his character and then making him fail at them. It's like expecting a scientist to write a successful novel and then being surprised that he/she can't do it. Sure many scientists write scientific papers, but that writing is completely different from novel writing. It would be ridiculous to have the criticism of "why couldn't you write a successful novel, you write things all the time?"

The writers aren't doing Sam's character any favors by trying to force him into roles that aren't in his wheelhouse. All they are doing is showing that they don't like Sam as he is. They want him to be different, force him into a role he doesn't fit. To me, that isn't showing love for a character. If they liked Sam, in my opinion, they would let him be Sam instead of trying to make him be something he isn't.

So basically, for this viewer, I could care less what flowery complimentary stuff the writers write in their scripts - if that thing is even real - if what they end up showing onscreen is anything but complimentary.

I am not going to argue with you. The writing is a problem. 

4 hours ago, Bergamot said:

The problem is not that Berens tries and fails in his script to make Sam the sole big amazing badass hero of the story, both Christ-like and John Wayne adjacent at the same time. The problem is that he tries at all.

Why? Why, in a show that is about two brothers, both supposedly amazing and heroic characters, is there this manic, slavering devotion to only one of them, as clearly demonstrated in this writer's work?  There is no rule of TV writing which requires that only one character must be chosen to be the badass hero, with everyone else in a supporting role.

And it's not an isolated one-off problem. I have seen writers on the show work so hard in their episodes to show Sam as the heroic, brave, wise, compassionate, brilliant leader. While Dean, a wonderful and complex and truly heroic character,  keeps getting marginalized as the comic relief whose only admirable quality is the depth of his devotion to his brother.

So yeah, the fact that the writer can't exactly manage to carry off what he was trying to do is not a solace to me.

It's the Singer effect?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I see the official account is continuing its unbiased ways.

I don`t expect anything from this account. 

You know I randomely checked both guys` imdb rating as in the indicator of how much an actor`s name is is searched, usually with new upcoming projects, Emily Swallow`s helmeted voice role in Mandalorian gave her a huuuuuge boost for example because that show is white-hot right now.

Haven`t done that in forever and during really good times they were consistently in the 200s/100s, then dropped to the 500s and down. It also used to make a difference which episode featured whom more. Now Jensen is at 1291 and Jared is at 1721 and that is roughly their new home. The biggest boost was the one week where Jared`s arrest was in tabloids and, to a lesser degree, the week of the Walker announcement.

But Supernatural isn`t moving the needle for either of them, like at all. Even the current Sam-centric episode didn`t boost Jared one bit. The highest Jensen got from an episode last Season was "Don`t go into the woods" - wasn`t that the one with the annoying teens? Like, wth? And Jared with Game Night. Huh? Though both were negliable bumps.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I don`t expect anything from this account. 

You know I randomely checked both guys` imdb rating as in the indicator of how much an actor`s name is is searched, usually with new upcoming projects, Emily Swallow`s helmeted voice role in Mandalorian gave her a huuuuuge boost for example because that show is white-hot right now.

Haven`t done that in forever and during really good times they were consistently in the 200s/100s, then dropped to the 500s and down. It also used to make a difference which episode featured whom more. Now Jensen is at 1291 and Jared is at 1721 and that is roughly their new home. The biggest boost was the one week where Jared`s arrest was in tabloids and, to a lesser degree, the week of the Walker announcement.

But Supernatural isn`t moving the needle for either of them, like at all. Even the current Sam-centric episode didn`t boost Jared one bit. The highest Jensen got from an episode last Season was "Don`t go into the woods" - wasn`t that the one with the annoying teens? Like, wth? And Jared with Game Night. Huh? Though both were negliable bumps.

Hopefully Jensen will get a bit of a bump when The Long Halloween is announced

• Love 2

It was a 13-part comic book story that DC is going to be making into an animated film, which may be in two parts. According to some sites, Jensen is going to be voicing one of the characters. Which character it is, is not certain but some think it will be Harvey Dent. 

• Useful 1

If you want to watch an actor who can ride every subtle nuance of an emotional wave then Jensen is your actor. All the tiny details, micro expressions, the look in his eyes, I can always connect with Dean.

I have to believe Jensen is on the wanted lists of entertainment wheeler dealers. He’s so good and can do it all. Action, comedy, romance, superhero, etc.  Plus he’s professional and a class act all the way.  Then there’s the drop dead good looks.

I’ll be following his career always. Fingers crossed for an HBO  series.

• Love 17
16 hours ago, Lemuria said:

It was a 13-part comic book story that DC is going to be making into an animated film, which may be in two parts. According to some sites, Jensen is going to be voicing one of the characters. Which character it is, is not certain but some think it will be Harvey Dent. 

This is exactly what I don't want Jensen to be doing. I need to see him in all his nuances as mentioned above; not a comic drawn figure with just his voice. I wouldn't watch it - even with Jensen's voice.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

This is exactly what I don't want Jensen to be doing. I need to see him in all his nuances as mentioned above; not a comic drawn figure with just his voice. I wouldn't watch it - even with Jensen's voice.

I would listen to Jensen reading the phone book.  😊

I heard him as Red Hood (or whoever) and thought he got amazing nuance into his voice, even though, yes, I'd rather watch him as well.  

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I would listen to Jensen reading the phone book.  😊

I heard him as Red Hood (or whoever) and thought he got amazing nuance into his voice, even though, yes, I'd rather watch him as well.  

I would listen to that as well. I just wouldn't have any interest in seeing it. I'm a person who hasn't watched any animated movies with the exception of the early Disney films. Just not my thing. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I would listen to that as well. I just wouldn't have any interest in seeing it. I'm a person who hasn't watched any animated movies with the exception of the early Disney films. Just not my thing. 

I suppose you could turn off the picture and just listen (maybe with the VO description for the blind turned on so you can follow the action.) 😊  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 11/25/2019 at 8:06 PM, AwesomO4000 said:

But somehow this makes Jared a jerk, I guess, because he didn't presume to know what Jensen's answer would be and answer for him.

I wouldn't say makes him a jerk, but after  nearly 15 years together, I would expect him to have a pretty good idea about Jensen's feelings.  Didn't at one point they said they spent more time with each other than any other person on the planet?  I respect your opinion but on this I disagree.  

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, trudysmom said:

I wouldn't say makes him a jerk, but after  nearly 15 years together, I would expect him to have a pretty good idea about Jensen's feelings. 

Great, great point! I completely agree.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, trudysmom said:

I wouldn't say makes him a jerk, but after  nearly 15 years together, I would expect him to have a pretty good idea about Jensen's feelings. 

Jared has always been more excited about when he gets to do X.  This is his personality and why he plays the little brother so well.  Jensen has always shared the spotlight and it's why he plays the older brother so well.  I don't see it as Jared's a Jerk, just that he tends to focus on what makes him feel excited and etc.  Since they both live in Austin and hang out together, I know Jensen isn't suffering from any hurt feelings. 

Jared is like the big Lab full of energy and easily distracted.  Jensen just rolls with it now.  But do remember when at the beginning Jensen was really shy and not opening up much and Jared took care of him.  I don't think their friendship will end when Supernatural is over.

I think Jensen's pride is sharing the stories they got to tell.  For him it's partnership and that is why he works so well with any actor that he has a scene with. 

• Love 5