Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

True that Erica threw a mini hissy fit and threatened to sue. That is all. 

No dare. The facts are here, but fan fiction and denial SMH. 

If it was just her accessory muscle injury no need to hide from the show. That's legit and not something you can fix once then go back to that level of dance with no reinjury. 

• Love 3

Good. Then just show the cut. If it's not going to hurt her career, not cause legal issues, just show it, lol. People are going to speculate like crazy, and feed off of info they're fed from insiders not just fellow fans, if the show ignores it. 

I'm getting beyond the point of caring about the drama queens at this point because they take away from the dance, but you have to admit, the 'hissy fit' the twit threw took some nerve.

If the speculation is overboard, then they can 'set the fans straight' and air it.

If they choose to ignore the speculation, then anyone in DCC-land or CMT forfeit the right to bitch about the speculation.

Either put up or shut up. Pretty simple for CMT and DCC, lol.

• Love 9
On October 14, 2017 at 7:35 PM, sleepyjean said:

That theory holds no water for me. There were 29 days between the HOF game and the airing of the episode where group leaders were announced. In order to buy this whole theory, I'd have to also buy the following:

• I'd have to believe the DCC contract does not include an arbitration clause that precludes the cheerleaders from suing the cowboys organization. And that the production company has been doing this show for over a decade and doesn't also have air-tight realty show contract. We know Erica signed a document agreeing that she might be shown in a negative, or even false light. 
  • I'd have to believe that in less than a month, Erica hired an attorney and that she has the means to hire someone who could be considered any kind of match for the Dallas Cowboys' legal team.
  • I'd have to believe that Erica's representation was able to convince CMT and the production company to cave in and voluntarily edit out a potentially juicy story line. This would've had to have happened well before the air date on 8/31. They would've had to move fast. Very fast, if you consider that they didn't release her the day after the game. It would've taken a few days to return to Dallas, hear the story, see the video, consult with Charlotte and perhaps their legal team, then call Erica in and give her the boot.
  • I'd have to believe that Erica's representation was able to convince both Kelli and Charlotte to roll over. Do you see that ever happening? I don't. Like any big, well-known, mega rich organization, the Cowboys probably have lawsuits threatened against them all the time. And if Erica made an empty threat without legal counsel, they would've laughed and had security march her little behind out of there. This isn't the first time they've had to deal with a pissed-off ex-cheerleader and it won't be the last. Mark my words, this organization has covered it's butt, six ways from Sunday. Especially after the slew of pro cheerleader lawsuits in recent years.
  • OR I'd have to believe that Erica's representation was able to convince a judge that airing the discussion of her termination would be defamatory and/or damaging enough to her current or future prospects to compel CMT/production to incur the additional expense to change/re-edit the show. What could the grounds possibly be? Especially given that they hadn't even seen the episode? Does Erica currently have a career or any significant career prospects outside of the DCC that would be damaged by revelation of the facts? After all, she was engaging in a perfectly legal activity. Listen, I don't know much about the legal profession, but I have a hard time believing that a judge would grant any sort of legal action based on nothing more than a cheerleader not wanting her story aired. Especially after she essentially "aired" it herself!

If the "facts" as we know them are true (and I still have questions about all of that), Erica has not a leg to stand on. And in fact, if she had initiated litigation, or threatened to do so, surely her representation would have told that it was a gamble. They must have told her that she was potentially drawing a lot MORE attention to a situation that she was trying to cover up. She was also risking that the public wouldn't be swayed in her favor that people would see her as an entitled little snowflake rah rah girl who was mad because she broke the rules and got fired and is not only unwilling to accept responsibility for her actions, but trying to instigate a shady coverup. For once, the shadiness wouldn't be on the Cowboys side of things. I know in today's America it seems like lawyers can always screw up a situation. I just don't think it happened in this case.

I believe that Erica just got lucky. She's very fortunate that they decided to show the Holly/Jenna story instead of her colossal eff-up.

Not one team in the NFL hires a single cheerleader without outlining the rules of employment up front. It's a large binder. Full of info and guidelines from social media to uniform and weight infractions all the way down to fratraniazation with the team. (Plus much more). This is a barrier from lawsuits. (Agreement signatures procured). Unless any one of these terminated or suspended team members can prove they were unaware of the expectations, good luck with legal action. You signed as a hungry, grateful NFL cheerleader, but behaved as a spoiled, above the law (holly) brat. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Terri said:

Not one team in the NFL hires a single cheerleader without outlining the rules of employment up front. It's a large binder. Full of info and guidelines from social media to uniform and weight infractions all the way down to fratraniazation with the team. (Plus much more). This is a barrier from lawsuits. (Agreement signatures procured). Unless any one of these terminated or suspended team members can prove they were unaware of the expectations, good luck with legal action. You signed as a hungry, grateful NFL cheerleader, but behaved as a spoiled, above the law (holly) brat. 

Truth bomb = bless.

• Love 3

I just saw something where Melissa Rycroft is on an AM show in Dallas? She certainly would have had people vouching for her to get that job, and those who have helped her on her way. (including the only case I have heard of where a cheerleader quits and is let back on to a team mid season.) Someone had to advocate for her to come back..

so I would hope that someone who has been given a lot of helping hands in the "industry" would have the guts to stand up for great dancers next to judges that are NOT dancers, but there to be the voice of the men at the games. (yes Neil M.)

Specifically, Melissa and Neil M. derailed Katelynn, whose only crimes were too dark hair color and exotic looks. "cat like" per the hairstylist. There was a time exotic was a bonus per Charlotte. Neil M favored Lacey's look over Katelynn, What? Katelynn has kicks that matched Lacey's, (and yes there must a been a few more no votes, and this makes me question who is on the judging panel)

Brianna was Never a strong dancer, had recently auditioned for Rockettes so was on the audition circuit, DCC not being #1. Kicks were Horrible, and did dance like a little girl, where I did agree with Melissa.

speaking of Christina (were we?) What in the world changes in the next two shows that makes her a DCC? When Kelly was looking at her pics, she circles her boobs with the cursor when she said she did not have a figure. (and she was right, in terms of what their Brand and standards tend to be.) She ain't no Loni. (I loved Loni's story....)

That is all.

:)

There are plenty of lawyers who would be happy to send a cease and desist letter on behalf of Erica just for the $$, even if they know it's baseless and they would never pursue litigation (and they would tell her as such). If this did happen, the K&J/DC Lawyers could figure as much BS as it is, it's not worth the hassle. I am not suggesting in any way shape or form this DID happen. Just saying that not having grounds doesn't stop people from legal maneuvering.

Been away, but kept reading. I love you all for keeping me in the loop and being so damn fun to read! 

• Love 4

Christina making this team really cheapens it. She has no business being on the team. None. If they were so desperate to make numbers that they had to take a TCC who doesn't have the look or technique, repeatedly stands out in a bad way, and has been cut from TCC twice but still can't kick or do her splits, they need to re-evaluate their finals selection process. Christina would not have made my high school dance team. She shouldn't have even been brought into training camp, much less made the team. The fact that she was there over some of the other girls who auditioned and that she actually took a spot on the team shows that there's a failure somewhere in the selection process.

This TCC seems like it's full of one season girls, many of whom shouldn't have made the team in the first place, and wouldn't have in previous years. 

• Love 14
55 minutes ago, blairwaldorf said:

This TCC seems like it's full of one season girls, many of whom shouldn't have made the team in the first place, and wouldn't have in previous years. 

See I feel the exact opposite. Christina is weak beyond words, and other than her maybe Savannah and Rachel (for weight) but for the most part everyone seems really strong especially coming from severe other pro teams. 

• Love 1

Confused....I just saw the DCC Instagram page and there is a pic of Jessika, Game Day Girl, and Erica is right next to her. Jessika has the even blonder look (YIKES!) otherwise I would convince myself it was from last year. (and comments current...)

I thought Jessika was recent GD Girl, so how does this line up with Erica's exit/injury?

Can anyone fill in the blanks for me?

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, WaterSpirit said:

Confused....I just saw the DCC Instagram page and there is a pic of Jessika, Game Day Girl, and Erica is right next to her. Jessika has the even blonder look (YIKES!) otherwise I would convince myself it was from last year. (and comments current...)

I thought Jessika was recent GD Girl, so how does this line up with Erica's exit/injury?

Thanks!

Old. You can see Allie behind her too. 

After all these seasons, it is clear CMT (or someone) picks a couple of girls be the ones "most likely to fail" (or hate).  This year it seems to be Christina.  Last year it was Kelsey.  Kelsey hasn't been called in one time this year (on screen).  

Tasha also said in a recent clip she had been called in several times and we never saw that.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, WaterSpirit said:

Thanks!

If you’re talking about the little video clip it’s from last season. You see Erica, Allie and maybe Melissa? also.

On 10/13/2017 at 5:16 PM, Moxiejan said:

How is it that we know that her departure won't be mentioned? All we know is that she has been largely edited out so far. That doesn't mean that Kelli can magically get from 38 to 36 by making just one televised cut. Something about the second exit has to be said, even if it's just "a veteran got injured, so we're down to 36."

It won't. I think it's pretty obvious especially since MTT, K&J and Shelly have made it a point to dismiss any mention of her.

On 10/13/2017 at 7:09 PM, Moxiejan said:

They obviously have back-edited to diminish her, but she still was shown in the background several times. And Kelli has repeatedly kept the audience aware of the "number count." Clearly, it has been decided to play up Jenna/Holly & play down Erica. But Kelli simply can't make one cut and then announce that the 38 have become 36. The departure of one more has to be addressed in some way, even if with only a 10-second announcement.

She shouldn't, but she sure can. It makes sense to us a viewer. The MOST they'll do is mention them having to release someone, and that would be the only 3 seconds we would get. I'm just saying, don't expect an explanation; we won't be getting one.

On 10/13/2017 at 10:53 PM, NMDD43 said:

Anyone else starting to wonder if that office visit with Jenna early in the season about her stepping up as a leader was filmed later? Call me a skeptic, but that was some convenient foreshadowing for what went down later in the summer….

I'm not. I'm just thinking it was a discussion that was going to happen anyway, just in light of everything that happened, they decided to air it. She is the most senior vet on a very "junior" team. The discussion was bound to happen. I think the way it was edited when it happened might give that impression, but I doubt it.

38 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

After all these seasons, it is clear CMT (or someone) picks a couple of girls be the ones "most likely to fail" (or hate).  This year it seems to be Christina.  Last year it was Kelly.  Kelly hasn't been called in one time this year (on screen).  

Tasha also said in a recent clip she had been called in several times and we never saw that.

Hmm. I missed that. I didn't get that impression at all.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

I just saw something where Melissa Rycroft is on an AM show in Dallas? She certainly would have had people vouching for her to get that job, and those who have helped her on her way. (including the only case I have heard of where a cheerleader quits and is let back on to a team mid season.) Someone had to advocate for her to come back..

so I would hope that someone who has been given a lot of helping hands in the "industry" would have the guts to stand up for great dancers next to judges that are NOT dancers, but there to be the voice of the men at the games. (yes Neil M.)

Specifically, Melissa and Neil M. derailed Katelynn, whose only crimes were too dark hair color and exotic looks. "cat like" per the hairstylist. There was a time exotic was a bonus per Charlotte. Neil M favored Lacey's look over Katelynn, What? Katelynn has kicks that matched Lacey's, (and yes there must a been a few more no votes, and this makes me question who is on the judging panel)

Judging is very subjective. If Melissa and Neil watched the entirety of the 4 day audition process and didn't feel like Katelynn was terrific, their opinion is just as (and actually more) valid than any of us who saw 5 minutes of Katelynn on tv. We're seeing what CMT chooses to show us. They're seeing everything. I wouldn't expect Melissa to champion someone who doesn't impress her, regardless of how she has advanced in her own career. I expect the judges to give their honest opinion. They often disagree with each other, and they all - including Melissa- advocate for the ones they do like. If a few judges didn't like Katelynn, they didn't like her, and that's ok. They are looking for a combination of characteristics. "Great dancer" is one of them, but certainly isn't the only one that counts. Assuming Katelynn is the most amazing dancer ever, she must not have brought enough to the table in those other aspects.

When it comes down to it, Kelli, Charlotte, and Judy decide who is chosen for training camp, and none of those women are easily swayed in their opinions. If they really wanted Katelynn, she would've been chosen.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

After all these seasons, it is clear CMT (or someone) picks a couple of girls be the ones "most likely to fail" (or hate).  This year it seems to be Christina.  Last year it was Kelly.  Kelly hasn't been called in one time this year (on screen).  

I think you mean Kelsey. Kelly was a rock star, made show group and wasn’t praised often. 

24 minutes ago, gnesty said:

Hey bigskygirl, hope your husband is doing well after his transplant.

He is doing well. Thank you for asking. It has been almost thirteen and a half years after he got his new kidney.

13 hours ago, Java said:

Good. Then just show the cut. If it's not going to hurt her career, not cause legal issues, just show it, lol. People are going to speculate like crazy, and feed off of info they're fed from insiders not just fellow fans, if the show ignores it. 

I'm getting beyond the point of caring about the drama queens at this point because they take away from the dance, but you have to admit, the 'hissy fit' the twit threw took some nerve.

If the speculation is overboard, then they can 'set the fans straight' and air it.

If they choose to ignore the speculation, then anyone in DCC-land or CMT forfeit the right to bitch about the speculation.

Honestly, if it wasn't for this website I wouldn't have noticed Erica was gone. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Java said:

Yes to all of this but I especially the bold. My speculation is that if they don’t show it, then it’s because it makes Kelli look bad to have this problem come right on the heels of the Jenna/Holly drama. It’s not like these are rookies misbehaving but veterans, including 2 group leaders. It reflects poorly on management too after a while. 

• Love 5

I wonder what will be said if a fan or anyone who goes to games regularly would ask, " Hey where is Erica this year?"   

"I heard she did audition and was back in training camp."   I am wondering as an Erica fan. I know this is definitely not the football team but wouldn't fans want to know if Dak was in the pre season activities and then just never was at any of the games.

?‍♀️

4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

That is interesting. So we don't see everyone who is called in. I know we don't see the entire session when they are. I wonder how much this Jenna stuff ate up. Like, might we have seen more of some of these nameless background girls? Would we have seen more of them being called in?

I'm always fascinated by the editing choices these shows make. I know they are crafting a storyline, but it is so interesting to me how they do it. The text is a great example. Then never showed how the text got to Judy. Obviously Shelley gave it to her but because of the editing, we don't know if Shelley ran to them as soon as she could to tattle, or if they asked Shelley how Jenna is doing and she mentioned it and they asked to see the text. Depending on which it is, the narrative changes. Leaving it out causes all this speculation. Perhaps the speculation is what they want, because it causes buzz and buzz might bring them more eyeballs. Maybe that is why they are on the DL with the Erica thing. Honestly, I couldn't care less if the idiot was cut. But all this he said she said stuff will keep it from blowing over long after it would have had they just addressed it on the show.

8 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

That is interesting. So we don't see everyone who is called in. I know we don't see the entire session when they are. I wonder how much this Jenna stuff ate up. Like, might we have seen more of some of these nameless background girls? Would we have seen more of them being called in?

I'm always fascinated by the editing choices these shows make. I know they are crafting a storyline, but it is so interesting to me how they do it. The text is a great example. Then never showed how the text got to Judy. Obviously Shelley gave it to her but because of the editing, we don't know if Shelley ran to them as soon as she could to tattle, or if they asked Shelley how Jenna is doing and she mentioned it and they asked to see the text. Depending on which it is, the narrative changes. Leaving it out causes all this speculation. Perhaps the speculation is what they want, because it causes buzz and buzz might bring them more eyeballs. Maybe that is why they are on the DL with the Erica thing. Honestly, I couldn't care less if the idiot was cut. But all this he said she said stuff will keep it from blowing over long after it would have had they just addressed it on the show.

Yeah, I honestly think the fact that they aired that scene with the text speaks volumes, given everything that they don’t show. This show typically seems rather meticulous in what they air and what they don’t in order to further the narrative. Other than embarrassing Jenna (more) and causing rampant speculation regarding Shelly, I’m not sure  what that scene achieved as far as moving the story along. It seems like it took away from the HOF performance, which should be what they would have wanted the main discussion to be about regarding episode. If this were a show that aired everything or was super focused on drama, I would see it, but they typically are not, so the inclusion of that scene stands out like a sore thumb, IMO.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

It seems like it took away from the HOF performance, which should be what they would have wanted the main discussion to be about regarding episode.

Yes, now that you mention that, it is odd they would sully the feel good HOF stuff, and really, everything they showed from HOF was great, the girls visiting the museum was fun, the dances we got to see where great, all the HOF stuff left me feeling good. Then the Jenna stuff happened and it was like throwing a wet blanket over everything. Odd they chose to show it, odder that they showed it in this ep and not to open next ep. Maybe it was to "put Jenna in her place". But really, it was a dark spot on what should have been their most happy/positive ep.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Yes to all of this but I especially the bold. My speculation is that if they don’t show it, then it’s because it makes Kelli look bad to have this problem come right on the heels of the Jenna/Holly drama. It’s not like these are rookies misbehaving but veterans, including 2 group leaders. It reflects poorly on management too after a while. 

I'm guessing Charlotte wasn't pleased with all the veteran drama this year.

• Love 4

There was a gap of time between from seeing Keyra at 10:15 and then Jenna at 11:45.  There seemed to be some hesitation with Kelli reading off the names to be seen so I wonder if Keyra was seen early and then perhaps Erica (because the team was back from HOF so they will heard about the indiscretion) and then finally Jenna.  Don't know but Erica was sitting in the front row when Kelli called out the names.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

After all these seasons, it is clear CMT (or someone) picks a couple of girls be the ones "most likely to fail" (or hate).  This year it seems to be Christina.  Last year it was Kelsey.  Kelsey hasn't been called in one time this year (on screen).  

Kelsey was called into the office before finals by Kelli and Judy. She was told to step it up from last year. I do not see her as a stand out. To me, she is a blender dancer who made the team on looks alone.

19 hours ago, Java said:

Then just show the cut. If it's not going to hurt her career, not cause legal issues, just show it, lol. People are going to speculate like crazy, and feed off of info they're fed from insiders not just fellow fans, if the show ignores it. 

Yea I think that’s what irks me about it is that they are allowing us to control the narrative, in a sense. If you do the basic math and care enough to wonder who is missing, as soon as you google DCC forum or Erica cut, Holly cut, or Jenna cut, this forum pops right up where people can/will see and agree with our inferences based on the fandom for the show. Among everything ELSE we talk about on here. 

Just thinking out loud, I would be curious to see how many people found this forum specifically BECAUSE the Holly/Jenna thing was so grey. The same, presumably, will happen with Erica. 

Not addressing it on the show and letting us address it for the internet ultimatley tarnishes the squeaky clean DCC brand for those casual audience members who may have really liked Erica and don’t get what’s happening now. 

(steps off soapbox)

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Kelsey was called into the office before finals by Kelli and Judy. She was told to step it up from last year. I do not see her as a stand out. To me, she is a blender dancer who made the team on looks alone.

There’s always those girls who make it on visuals alone every year, but I think they know that and are probably ok with it. Strong dancers get the front of the triangle, stunners get magazine covers/Calendar (give or take seniority).

I guess it also comes down to doing more right than wrong. Kelsey seems to have a good head on her shoulders. Not saying she’ll be a five year girl (but please do), but some DCC favorite did start out “blah” and then become “wow”. Ya never know.

Tasha’s grown on me as well. Her being in show group is still kinda bizarre, but she seems really humbled and generous. I actually want her to come back next season (which I didn’t say last year). 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

There’s always those girls who make it on visuals alone every year, but I think they know that and are probably ok with it. Strong dancers get the front of the triangle, stunners get magazine covers/Calendar (give or take seniority).

I guess it also comes down to doing more right than wrong. Kelsey seems to have a good head on her shoulders. Not saying she’ll be a five year girl (but please do), but some DCC favorite did start out “blah” and then become “wow”. Ya never know.

Tasha’s grown on me as well. Her being in show group is still kinda bizarre, but she seems really humbled and generous. I actually want her to come back next season (which I didn’t say last year). 

I agree, I really like Tasha. She's seem like a sweet teammate and mature. In a year, that the maturity seems to be the issue for some of the girls, I'm sure Kelli and Judy are thankful to have her. 

• Love 9

I recently followed Maggie on Insta and I saw a pic she posted during calendar swimsuit fittings this last spring and the pic had Mandy in it ? Did she changed her mind and decided to retire after the fittings ? Was she advised to retire after the fittings due to her weight issues ? and If so I thought they do these meeting before that ? Do any of you guys have any info on Mandy's retirement ?

Edited by mmm

Mandy had originally planned to audition again but was called out for weight in front of the CMT camera's. She apparently felt ambushed and decided to retire. Kelli apparently reached out to her to apologize, but Mandy decided to stick with the decision to retire. She moved to Cali a few weeks ago I believe.

• Love 1

drat! (but thanks )

Erica and Melissa had been my faves from their rookie year together. I just cannot wrap my head around the changes with Erica, her choices and respect for organization that put her on the map. Well DCC Map, and the perks there of but still.

Melissa went out strong.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

It won't. I think it's pretty obvious especially since MTT, K&J and Shelly have made it a point to dismiss any mention of her.

She shouldn't, but she sure can. It makes sense to us a viewer. The MOST they'll do is mention them having to release someone, and that would be the only 3 seconds we would get. I'm just saying, don't expect an explanation; we won't be getting one.

I'm not. I'm just thinking it was a discussion that was going to happen anyway, just in light of everything that happened, they decided to air it. She is the most senior vet on a very "junior" team. The discussion was bound to happen. I think the way it was edited when it happened might give that impression, but I doubt it.

Hmm. I missed that. I didn't get that impression at all.

And this is how a tv show can affect the dignity and effectiveness of a cohesive team. So consumed with how the events will play out on television that you lose the main reason you were hired. Steering the fans towards the loudest decibel that can be reached while serving your community. Looking hot and having the coolest tricks aren't propelling "America's Sweethearts" into anyone's hearts. Love watching the teams with cheerleaders that withstand the elements for nothing more than to provide a winning scenario for the guys making the big bucks. All while going about their daily lives and jobs without the glamour Holly and so many other DCC's needed to show up to work. 

• Love 2
On 10/15/2017 at 7:39 PM, WaterSpirit said:

Specifically, Melissa and Neil M. derailed Katelynn, whose only crimes were too dark hair color and exotic looks. "cat like" per the hairstylist. 

Some insiders vaguely confirmed (by liking posts) that Katelynn had a bad rep from LSU, which the DCCs who knew her probably passed on to K&J.

At least, that's what I think happened. No other way to explain it - Kelli loves a makeover project.

Edited by ilovetrashtv
  • Love 3
On 10/14/2017 at 7:46 PM, UnicornKicks said:

OMG ERICA 'THREATENED' FOR LIKE A WHOLE SECOND TO SUE. That's it. No grounds whatsoever and did not pursue it.

It just didn't fit the story arc for MTT.

You’re wrong. ? it fit. It would have been ratings gold. They took the conservative route when her threats started. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Java said:

Mandy had originally planned to audition again but was called out for weight in front of the CMT camera's. She apparently felt ambushed and decided to retire. Kelli apparently reached out to her to apologize, but Mandy decided to stick with the decision to retire. She moved to Cali a few weeks ago I believe.

Wow sounds pretty shallow and vain of her honestly. Wasn't she like 30? Should be used to a little criticism by then..

29 minutes ago, ilovetrashtv said:

Some insiders vaguely confirmed (by liking posts) that Katelynn had a bad rep from LSU, which the DCCs who knew her probably passed on to K&J.

That didn't stop them from taking Carla ito training camp in season 7 who couldn't even dance in the first place. She was well known in the Dallas scene and not in a positive light. The pic incident with her was just the tip of the iceberg but they took her aboard probably just to make an example of her . So if that's true about katelyn maybe she is lucky she didn't get in. 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, SunshineSally said:

You’re wrong. ? it fit. It would have been ratings gold. They took the conservative route when her threats started. 

I totally agree with you that her storyline fit perfect with this season. We are finally seeing Kelli and Judy lay down the law with these girls. And we are finally seeing these girls through a more realistic lens (ie. that they are not perfect, they do make mistakes, they do break rules, etc). Erica's drama/cut would have been the cherry on top of the "we don't take shit" sundae ??

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Java said:

I wonder if Mandy just lucked out and the producers decided not to air that conversation on the show. If I remember correctly, Kelli didn't even acknowledge her as being one of the girls to retire this year, did she? She's another one that just disappeared with no mention. I bet Holly and Jenna are wishing they were spared the air time like Mandy and Erica were.

Edited by NMDD43
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Java said:

Mandy had originally planned to audition again but was called out for weight in front of the CMT camera's. 

When was that ? I must have missed it !!

14 minutes ago, mmm said:

When was that ? I must have missed it !!

You didn't miss it, it was never shown, it's just something that insiders posted on the board (unless you mean you missed the posts talking about it).

Just now, ByTor said:

You didn't miss it, it was never shown, it's just something that insiders posted on the board (unless you mean you missed the posts talking about it).

What was the filming ? stuff for the calendar ? 

Just now, mmm said:

What was the filming ? stuff for the calendar ? 

I THOUGHT the story went that it was filmed for MTT & it pissed her off that the organization was going to make her getting scolded for weight gain public.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

Erica and Melissa had been my faves from their rookie year together

That was probably the last rookie group I cared about.  I tend to mix years up, but I think this was the rookie class that also included Lacey, Loren, Mary & Victoria.  Where I get screwed up is sometimes I insist Megan C was in this group, but I'm pretty sure she was the year after...she & Amy T are the only ones I cared about then.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I THOUGHT the story went that it was filmed for MTT & it pissed her off that the organization was going to make her getting scolded for weight gain public.

Yeah I think that was it from what I remember. It happened after the calendar shoot and right before auditions from what I remember. 

• Love 2
Just now, Jess14 said:

Yeah I think that was it from what I remember. It happened after the calendar shoot and right before auditions from what I remember. 

It was pretty obvious from the swimsuit pictures that she did put on weight, but let's just say that if I looked like that in a bikini I wouldn't exactly be shedding any tears! 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I love Kelsey and have a soft spot for her because she is not a lifetime dancer.  I was the same and picked things up naturally when I decided to go out for dance team my sophomore year, officer senior year, one year as a Strutter at Texas State.  Then I got married at 19.  I guess I live vicariously through her because I wish I would have gone for it when I had a chance.  She is pretty good considering, she stands up over some girls who have danced their whole lives.  Pretty cool....

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, klh25 said:

She is pretty good considering, she stands up over some girls who have danced their whole lives. 

I wonder in some ways if dancing your whole life could kind of work against you, in the sense that you're used to doing things as you were trained to do them, which I think is why many can't seem to grasp their style.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I wonder in some ways if dancing your whole life could kind of work against you, in the sense that you're used to doing things as you were trained to do them, which I think is why many can't seem to grasp their style.

Very possible.   I think it sometimes keeps them from letting loose so to speak while dancing, some are so stuck in the technique they don't go all out and are boring to watch.  It certainly doesn't hurt that Kelsey is easy on the eyes and has a good personality. 

• Love 2

And when explaining why Kelsey made the team, Kelli said she is very coachable, which I took to mean that she accepts her corrections without giving attitude & actually fixes what she's told to correct.

• Love 10