Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

On 10/8/2017 at 11:16 AM, HowdeeDo said:

I don't see Erica threatening legal action when she's been posting tbt photos and otherwise positive DCC related pics. I think it's more of a production decision of not wanting to have too much drama in one season. 

I think she showed her true colors, first by drinking and snapping out a picture of it, then threatening the organization when she felt HER OWN actions may put her Holy Roller rep on the line.

Edited by SunshineSally
Started on last page and read backwards
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

There goes Kelli again with the "we have 38 girls left and need to have a roster of 36". I'm sure most (if not all) unspoiled viewers are anticipating what two girls will be cut. There's just no way they can't show Erica being cut or not mention it at all. Like, it literally would not make sense.

Erica will get “the holly”. A talking head saying that she is leaving the team due to an ongoing injury and they wish her the best in her recovery. She was a great cheerleader for us but now it’s time to take the lid off this pressure cooker.

Kelli loves a pressure cooker.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Erica will get “the holly”. A talking head saying that she is leaving the team due to an ongoing injury and they wish her the best in her recovery. She was a great cheerleader for us but now it’s time to take the lid off this pressure cooker.

Kelli loves a pressure cooker.

Yesterday I was at a local bank.   The bank official I was talking with had a framed photo of her young daughter at a cheerleading competition.  I asked her if her family watched MTT and she said yes.   She mentioned a lady who lived locally that was a former DCC (now married with kids).  Her cheerleader daughter spoke with her about the DCC, and the former DCC said it was the hardest thing she had ever done in her entire life, that nothing could really prepare you for the intensity of training and being on the team, but it was something she would always treasure.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ales-ya said:

She has too much talent to be a profess cheerleader for more than a couple of years.  And most pro dancers look down on cheerleaders.  Don’t think of them as “real” dancers.  Which is kinda cray, a lot of these sports team dancers are really good.

Well, being a DCC sure didn't hurt Jacie, so you never know :)

• Love 1

Will the Real Erica Please Stand Up? (that sentence just dated me...yup, I'm 50 as well :)  The little Girl Voice  she has (or used) and the frequent Bible quotes covered up very adult behavior.. Be who you are and own it, but don't preach something  you don't uphold.

And Speaking of Little Girl Voices....I wonder how Gina's appearance with Jinelle went? (did anyone go?)

on another topic. How could Kelly and Judy not see that Gina was completely insincere? It was uncomfortable to watch, so how could they not pick up on the awkwardness that is Gina's limited social skill set? Or maybe there is a different filter due to Gina's dance level and experience.. That I would get, as  they need strong dancers on the team.

and back to hair,  Whoever signed off on Gina's current hair color and style needs to be demoted. Gina needs to go back to the darker brown with highlights.

and that goes for many of the "Blond"  DCC"s...The Hair Colorist and Consultant have made Jessika washed out and taken her "Wow" away. Even Kashara was not spared. Her almost "shag" (dang gave my age away again) does not look good, does not flow well during head whips...Her rookie year, post hair cut was much better.

And finally,  there is Taryn front and center on CMT website yesterday (prob still same pic) I will always cry foul for Taryn's cut. Natural beauty, no agenda, hard worker. Yes, cut her....keep the low kicker, "Rockette Level" kicker...(sorry Rockettes, no offense intended )

I think we need a Hair/Makeover section...."Hair Help" post Makeover

• Love 6
9 hours ago, PBSLover said:

God, does every word have to be shortened?  It just sounds stupid.  I mean no disrespect to @mmm.  Press conferences are now pressers.  Just as stupid.  Sorry moderators to go off the subject.  

This is my hot button.  I watch Billions and they use the word “presser" all the time.  I just hate it.  And don’t get me started on “cray.”  Again, it’s my problem. 

I’m out.

LOL I feel ya!  Its irritating when complete words are left out too.  Like when attending a function I hear people say, Im going to function. Like how hard is it to say "the"

• Love 2
16 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

We talked before about her quoting sceptre was a discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen. This is a discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen and apparently she does that often.   

So what about "refreshing others" is so discriminating. In America it is fine to quote scripture. If anyone actually read the constitution they would see that no law says you cannot express your faith and beliefs.  

by the way HOWDEEDO did not say that, she was just quoting that whole post and I quoted that part of her quoting  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, PBSLover said:

God, does every word have to be shortened?  It just sounds stupid.  I mean no disrespect to @mmm.  Press conferences are now pressers.  Just as stupid.  Sorry moderators to go off the subject.  

This is my hot button.  I watch Billions and they use the word “presser" all the time.  I just hate it.  And don’t get me started on “cray.”  Again, it’s my problem. 

I’m out.

TBH it's totes ridic. ;-)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

Will the Real Erica Please Stand Up? (that sentence just dated me...yup, I'm 50 as well :)  The little Girl Voice  she has (or used) and the frequent Bible quotes covered up very adult behavior.. Be who you are and own it, but don't preach something  you don't uphold.

And Speaking of Little Girl Voices....I wonder how Gina's appearance with Jinelle went? (did anyone go?)

on another topic. How could Kelly and Judy not see that Gina was completely insincere? It was uncomfortable to watch, so how could they not pick up on the awkwardness that is Gina's limited social skill set? Or maybe there is a different filter due to Gina's dance level and experience.. That I would get, as  they need strong dancers on the team.

and back to hair,  Whoever signed off on Gina's current hair color and style needs to be demoted. Gina needs to go back to the darker brown with highlights.

and that goes for many of the "Blond"  DCC"s...The Hair Colorist and Consultant have made Jessika washed out and taken her "Wow" away. Even Kashara was not spared. Her almost "shag" (dang gave my age away again) does not look good, does not flow well during head whips...Her rookie year, post hair cut was much better.

And finally,  there is Taryn front and center on CMT website yesterday (prob still same pic) I will always cry foul for Taryn's cut. Natural beauty, no agenda, hard worker. Yes, cut her....keep the low kicker, "Rockette Level" kicker...(sorry Rockettes, no offense intended )

I think we need a Hair/Makeover section...."Hair Help" post Makeover

Agreed, especially on the blondes. I don’t like the color on Gina, Alexandria, Milan, Jessika, or Kelli.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

So what about "refreshing others" is so discriminating. In America it is fine to quote scripture. If anyone actually read the constitution they would see that no law says you cannot express your faith and beliefs.  

It is if your forcing on others, I wasn't bothered by that but I know a lot of other people on this board were. But I'm bothered by her bringing a priest to preach in the work place that's totally inappropriate. What any of the girls are from any other religions or just not religious?! 

Edited by mmm
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Spooky said:

It doesn't help that the freeways/tollways in DFW are ridiculous on a normal day. I swear, if someone sneezes, traffic backs up for 10 miles. And if someone is changing a tire or getting a ticket? Forget about your plans, because you're going to be in for some serious pavement appreciation time. 

Pretty sure we can thank all the CA transplants.  I was just in CA last week, OMG...I prayed a lot.  They make their own lanes, cut in with no room and forget ever seeing a blinker or a courtesy wave. 

12 hours ago, PBSLover said:

I’m out.

My pet peeve is 'Merica.  Ugh

• Love 4

Anyone think Taryn will try out again? On the one hand, while she's not my favourite, I think she could be a pretty good asset to the team, on the other, being passed over for some of the other girls that did make the team, given their own dance issues, esp in kickline, must sting a lot.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Anyone think Taryn will try out again? On the one hand, while she's not my favourite, I think she could be a pretty good asset to the team, on the other, being passed over for some of the other girls that did make the team, given their own dance issues, esp in kickline, must sting a lot.

She was good enough, kicks really can improve.  I hope the girl from LSU that had the long black hair comes back, she should have been in TC over at least 3-4 other people that were chosen.  Doesn't make sense to me.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, klh25 said:

She was good enough, kicks really can improve.  I hope the girl from LSU that had the long black hair comes back, she should have been in TC over at least 3-4 other people that were chosen.  Doesn't make sense to me.

Couldnt agree more! Yes, her 'look' wasn't right, but her dance was great and hair can be dyed, it can be cut. isnt that the point of the hairdresser on the judging panel? to say 'i can fix that?'  She really should have been in TC for sure.  Hope she does come back.  Taryn is seemingly doing everything she should for her kicks (stuff Christina better be doing) and I reall hope Taryn comes back next year stronger and gets in, esp given how many of this years rookies (and a few vets) will be either leaving/fighting for their life to keep their spot

• Love 4

I would like to see Taryn come back. I like her a lot. I am still shocked long dark hair didn't make it. Even dyed black hair can be lightened these days. I know this from experience. Unless she flat out refused to change it, it could have been done.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, PBSLover said:

I’m out.

LOL!!!  My apologies now for using 'cray cray' in one of my posts!  Too funny!!  I tend to agree with you though...are we a society that has gotten too lazy to speak our words fully???

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

I would like to see Taryn come back. I like her a lot. I am still shocked long dark hair didn't make it. Even dyed black hair can be lightened these days. I know this from experience. Unless she flat out refused to change it, it could have been done.

absolutely! i spent years dying my hair black. never again. took three hours and so much treatment to get it out and my hair was like wire wool after (weeks of coconut oil masques helped no end) but it can be done. its not impossible, just somewhat damaging to the hair, but not tat much more than some of the peroxidinig some fo the girls have done for years.

• Love 1
On 10/9/2017 at 8:41 PM, WaterSpirit said:

a few thoughts and a question....I thought Cersten had a date to take her MCATS (talked to K and J about it in the office beginning of season.) Did something change? I went back to watch episode...

MCATS ran through the summer into Sept (last chance) for applicants for Fall 2018 entering classes.  She would have finished up her AMCAS application too. Now secondary applications are being completed for schools she applied to that request them, then after those are reviewed, interviews commence and run through the first of the year.

On 10/10/2017 at 5:39 PM, Pink-n-Green said:

Hopkins is a fabulous school; I'm sure your friend got a phenomenal nursing education there and is surely doing very well in life!  But I have to say that it made me a little sad that she bailed on medical school because she wasn't happy with the schools she'd probably get in to. 

I know that it's important to go to a "top tier" b-school or law school but where a doctor has his/her MD from doesn't seem to be as important.  My husband went to the University of Pittsburgh for medical school, which is a good, solid school.  He did his residency with a doctor who got her MD at Yale, which is, well, it's YALE and a DO who got his degree from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine.  So that was three doctors from three very different schools who all got the same residency.

Granted, I could be totally off base, but that's just what I've noticed :)

What's important is to be at or near the top of your class and score well on your USMLE exams.

On 10/10/2017 at 8:08 PM, Shallan said:

This is true for me at least. I have to admit that I don't really like country music and never had a reason to watch anything on CMT. During my 1L year of law school my roommate watched MTT (season 2) and got me hooked on it. I've watched it ever since. Now I also watch some other shows on CMT (I'm still not a huge fan of country music though, grab your pitchforks if you must).  

I think overall this years rookies are weak, especially Christina and Savannah. Melissa, Jenn K and the other powerhouses who retired left a big gap that needed to be filled at auditions. Then the Holly/Erica debacle happened and they lost 2 more powerhouse performers. I hope some of the current vets stay longer so they can train a new crop of performers. It is a rebuilding year for sure.

Me too. I watch this show and now Nashville since it migrated from ABC. Period.

• Love 2

Am I the only one that thinks some of the girls need to either lighten up on the fake tan or get a new brand? for example, Kelsey has always been relatively dark, but even in comparison to pics from a few months/year ago, she's almost teak at times now. there's one photo on her insta that she's just so dark (and so obv fake) that its ridiculous. it's weird, some of the girls seem super pale, and then others are waaaay too dark (or the wrong kind of dark, wrong brand, wrong type of fake tan, too orange based).

I know they're expected to tan and the DCC are given free/cut price (can't remember) tans/top-ups but dang, some of the tans are just yikes

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Random but it must suck to be on a show for multiple seasons and almost never shown. 

Her solo was posted on Twitter the day of finals (they eventually deleted it though, which makes me wonder why).  It was honestly one of the worst I've ever seen.  How she made it back is a mystery to me.  She must have some dirt on Kelli or either Charlotte is a BFF.

Edited by Smplsimon
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, AmbrosiaL said:

What's important is to be at or near the top of your class and score well on your USMLE exams.

Me too. I watch this show and now Nashville since it migrated from ABC. Period.

In regards to med school admissions and how it determines you destiny, over time we in the health care profession have seen that those who get into top tier schools may be bright but are not altruistic as we all wish our doctors would be.  In fact, those that are most altruistic end up in Caribbean schools.  I have worked for years with many physicians and I don't know I have ever asked them where they went to school.  We were in a great nationally recognized medical center so it was premiere placement but unfortunately there were a number of bright jerks who couldn't find compassion for a sobbing patient who they told their child had died or they had cancer or was a doc who yelled at staff or belittled them.  So many people pin their hopes on only a few schools which make all the rest of the school losers in their minds.

Hey Ladies (and Gentlemen)!

Kelli Finglass tweeted this line on her Twitter account earlier today: Fantasy Camp DCC spring 2018.  

Now I have no idea what she is referring to but a girl can only dream, right?  Please let this be what I hope it means because if so I am starting my daily runs tomorrow, signing up for some dance classes, and working on my splits in preparation to finally meet some of y'all (pardon my language) b!+(#€$ at The Star in Spring 2018.

D-C-C!

• Love 7
23 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

THIS!!! When I saw her solo (which was posted on Twitter), I thought no way in hell would she be invited back, but there she is!  

Can you post?  I love the solos...even bad ones.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, ales-ya said:

She has too much talent to be a profess cheerleader for more than a couple of years.  And most pro dancers look down on cheerleaders.  Don’t think of them as “real” dancers.  Which is kinda cray, a lot of these sports team dancers are really good.

Without integrity and ethics, super awesome dance skills are just that. Super awesome dance skills. Nick Florez was a guest choreographer/judge this season for DCC. He was a back up dancer with Britney when she was debuting "Oops". Bet he knows a thing or 2 about longevity and minding the rules. Doesn't matter how hard core you're hip hop skills are.  A bad rep is a bad rep. No one will hire an un coachable. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Hey guys does anyone know who the point of the triangle is? They haven't mentioned it at all this season. 

Who cares who point is? It's not that big of a deal, lol. 

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Hey guys does anyone know who the point of the triangle is? They haven't mentioned it at all this season. 

Lol! And did you know that Kashara is such a fabulous performance and looks so great at point? Seriously, the amount of times they feel the need to tell us this is getting a side eye from me lol, and I don’t dislike Kashara. 

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, Terri said:

Without integrity and ethics, super awesome dance skills are just that. Super awesome dance skills. Nick Florez was a guest choreographer/judge this season for DCC. He was a back up dancer with Britney when she was debuting "Oops". Bet he knows a thing or 2 about longevity and minding the rules. Doesn't matter how hard core you're hip hop skills are.  A bad rep is a bad rep. No one will hire an un coachable. 

Not to mention Holly was just fired from an NFL dance team. So she's hardly above their standards. Just another rich girl that fooled the audience into thinking she was a "sweet small town  gal without a stoplight." 

• Love 5

Looks like they're cutting the Erica stuff completely from the show entirely. Like "nothing to see here...move along!" 

I did catch a quick glimpse or two of Erica in her warm up suit at HOF and then again, back at The Star sitting on the ground at one point. But it doesn't look as though they are going to show her getting cut next week at all. So annoying that they're just going to pretend it's not happening. 

• Love 4

On the part where they are talking about Christina's kicks, that group had a veteran blonde on the right who did her arms totally the wrong way at the end. They didn't call her out (at least they didn't show it on the show anyway). 

Who was that? 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Random but it must suck to be on a show for multiple seasons and almost never shown. 

Sounds like best case scenario to me! Still get the uniform and perks, less noteriery. I would hate to be famous (such as it is for this show) without a giant, warm blanket of cash to help buy some privacy. 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, mayelynn said:

On the part where they are talking about Christina's kicks, that group had a veteran blonde on the right who did her arms totally the wrong way at the end. They didn't call her out (at least they didn't show it on the show anyway). 

Who was that? 

It was Jessika...

I hope this is her last year! 

IMG_2695.PNG

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

It was Jessika...

I hope this is her last year! 

IMG_2695.PNG

Splits in general : Tasha -third from the left turned and rolled outward in her hip( means she can’t fully get into split position), rookie second from the right  (turned inward again cant fully get into split), rookie Miranda in dead center - right leg sickeled and foot turned in-girl you are dead center ! Then there is chunk a munk on right end ; left knee bent up and turned in- she is right behind the knees and not flexible.  All basic Dance knowledge but all three ladies make the best of da best ...seriously Judy and Kelly ? Thought you knew Dance

Edited by dnzkzy
Spell check.
  • Love 7

As far as Canton, they mentioned a couple of times that Lacey and Jinelle are the two gls that haven't led before in a game... Of course, if they were saying new gls, they would say Kashara too... I know they're trying to act like Kashara was always gl, but it seems like a bit of an oversight. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Well Jenna definitely won't be going to Pro Bowl. Can't believe she texted Shelly about Point. 

Is it too early for #LaceyforProBowl ?

Lacey would be great for Pro Bowl...or Jinelle.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, dnzkzy said:

Splits in general : Tasha -third from the left turned and rolled outward in her hip( means she can’t fully get into split position), rookie second from the right  (turned inward again cant fully get into split), rookie Miranda in dead center - right leg sickeled and foot turned in-girl you are dead center ! Then there is chunk a munk on right end ; left knee bent up and turned in- she is right behind the knees and not flexible.  All basic Dance knowledge but all three ladies make the best of da best ...seriously Judy and Kelly ? Thought you knew Dance

It's like Jessika is saying..."Ta-Da!!!  look at me...see my belly touch my knee!!"  Cause it looks like it does!  Can anyone say TRAINWRECK??

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

It's like Jessika is saying..."Ta-Da!!!  look at me...see my belly touch my knee!!"  Cause it looks like it does!  Can anyone say TRAINWRECK??

I feel like such a horrible person for how much I laughed at this.

• Love 6