Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

40 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Thoughts on episode:

1) Can Cassie please just move into a cave and let the rest of us try and pretend she never existed.  Stupid, ugly and so entitled.  I'm starting to think she's one of Trump's long lost daughters.

2)  Glad to finally hear a bit from Stephanie -- I don't think she's ever spoken on the show.

3)  I've never been a fan of Tasha, but I was super impressed with how well she handled her meeting with Kelli.  Very mature and genuine.

4)  The "I'm doing this for my paralyzed friend" made me want to barf.  I wish production would stop digging so deep to try and conjure up human interest crap for each of the rookies.

1) I know I'm in the minority but I've always really liked Cassie. I think she has resting bitch face so things come across bitchy or entitled but really she's just being honest. I've always liked that she's not just a "yes ma'am" people-pleaser.

2) I don't think I've ever heard Stephanie speak either! I was surprised at how thick of a Milwaukee accent she still has. There's nothing wrong with that at all--I've just never heard her talk!

3) Tasha definitely handled the situation very humbly and gracefully. Made me like her more!

4) Agreed! I don't want to blame Tara at all because I think production had everything to do with her talking about her paralyzed friend. It's as if they were just digging for any kind of sob story they could find.

• Love 6

I know it's a little to speculate over next season auditions but i kinda like Victoria Alumni Tina's daughter , She's pretty , a legacy and tall as all hell . She has also been taking classes with all the right people Michelle , Kitty and Stephannie wheat 

Edited by mmm
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, mmm said:

I know it's a little to speculate over next season auditions but i kinda like Victoria Alumni Tina's daughter , She's pretty , a legacy and tall as all hell . She has also been taking classes with all the right people Michelle , Kitty and Stephannie wheat 

If she's anything like her pig of a mother, let's hope she never auditions!  Gross.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

If she's anything like her pig of a mother, let's hope she never auditions!  Gross.

HUH ? I don't understand this comment at all ?

• Love 5
19 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I don't think so, since she has a private twitter already she's likely using. I don't think the DCC twitter's are always connect to another account once they're deleted, that may be the girl's own choice?

For some reason I thought the content would be gone from Holly's twitter but it isn't.  I scoped out her twitter and following her is Kelli S, Cali, Tina Kalina, and Jay Betsall(spelling) who I think is the social media guy or someone I recognize in an association with DCC.

2 hours ago, countrygirl1689 said:

2) I don't think I've ever heard Stephanie speak either! I was surprised at how thick of a Milwaukee accent she still has. There's nothing wrong with that at all--I've just never heard her talk! 

I'm from Milwaukee (live in Greenfield, a suburb) and I don' think I have an accent either. Now people in southern and eastern states have accents to me.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:05 PM, ByTor said:

LOL at 1st glance I thought you meant the DCC from the 80s/90s was injured but intends to come back.  I thought yeah, good luck with that :)

ROLF !!! with tears..

This does bring up an interesting trivia question.. what is the longest a DCC came back after sitting out the remainder of the year/season due to injury or didn't make the next upcoming training camp.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sATL said:

ROLF !!! with tears..

This does bring up an interesting trivia question.. what is the longest a DCC came back after sitting out the remainder of the year/season due to injury or didn't make the next upcoming training camp.

8 years, I think. Michelle Druga cheered 86-87 & returned for her 2nd season 94-95.

• Love 8

Has anyone else seen the YouTube channel PDC (Pro dancecheer)? They did interviews with Erica, Lacey, Maggie, KaShara and others about auditioning for DCC this year. They also have one for Raylee auditioning for the Mavs. She doesn't mention DCC in her segment.

I hadn't heard of it before, and thought maybe someone else here might not have heard or watched the videos!

This is not a fan site and if you do not like what people post please use our ignore tools and do not quote the posts. If you have reported and the content is still here it's not actionable. If you have further questions PM the mods. Do not discuss mod actions or lack there of here. 

• Love 3

Ok y'all, I'm a little bit behind, I knew about the Holly situation from earlier but she's for sure gone? Did she quit? And Erica's done too?(I assume from previously mentioned injuries) Friggin A this is mad crazy! I guess the big picture at the stadium is pretty glaring confirmation. Sucks

@LaurenBrook, ello love, do you have any insight on Holly? 

E&H, We'll miss you chickies.

Don't Cry, Cowgirls ?

42 minutes ago, MissKrisPcola said:

Ok y'all, I'm a little bit behind, I knew about the Holly situation from earlier but she's for sure gone? Did she quit? And Erica's done too?(I assume from previously mentioned injuries) Friggin A this is mad crazy! I guess the big picture at the stadium is pretty glaring confirmation. Sucks

@LaurenBrook, ello love, do you have any insight on Holly? 

E&H, We'll miss you chickies.

Don't Cry, Cowgirls ?

Yeah she's gone for sure. We don't know the full story yet

• Love 1

Just checked out the comments on Stephanie's Instagram picture (thanks for posting it, y'all), and she does say that the before pic is a little distorted because of the angle but that the comparison helps show her transformation. Mystery of her different head shapes solved! I really liked that so many comments said she looked great in both pictures, but she's been such a hard body, I can imagine that she was unhappy with the weight gain, with or without the warning from Kelli.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MissKrisPcola said:

Thanks @LadyMsJay?

Well that definitely stinks. I know Holly is a polarizing figure but there's no doubt she was a fabulous dancer and a stunner. What a shame.

I wonder if anyone knows what happened with Mandy as well cause something just seemed off with that situation 

It's discussed in here and several other threads. She was planning to audition but left after having a meeting with K&J weeks of finals where she was warned for weight, so she decided not to re audition. She recently moved back to California.

• Love 2

Ahhh gotcha @HowdeeDo 

I just know I saw her in the background when the vets were practicing so I thought that was weird. Geez, I can't imagine her getting called out for weight! She's so teeny and toned, ntm b-e-a-utiful.

Thanks for keeping in me in the loop ladies, I'm in and out with a toddler and 9 week old ?? Basically functioning on a wing and a prayer...Oh and caffeine! Bless you, caffeine ?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Cheertator said:

Random question: I know that at prelims Kelly said that there were two legacies auditioning. One was obviously Dayton, but who was the second? I haven't heard her mentioned at all. 

Shelly did tell us who it was SOMEWHERE on this board... can't remember now, but it's probably a good 20 pages back!

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

I am nottt enjoying the rookies in the back. Who are they? Christina, Miranda and The Jets?

and Alexandria in the right corner. The only one I'm not crazy about is Miranda. 

1 minute ago, HowdeeDo said:

and Alexandria in the right corner. The only one I'm not crazy about is Miranda. 

Okay so. I was looking at Miranda, I think the problem is she is really tall and doesn't know how to use her plié to get lower with the rest of the team. Every time their knees bend, she's half-doing it, but as the same time keeping with the counts. She needs to get as low and powerful as Christina is trying to be, but a lot less clunky. (In my humble opinion lol)

As for the rest of them I can hear Judy in my head saying "Christina mistakes, Miranda mistakes, Tara (I think) LOTS of mistakes..." lol

On 8/25/2017 at 1:57 PM, Dccfan126 said:

I can't. I just can not look at Victoria's smile and think about tina having the brass ones to criticize Chandler. It kills me a little every time.

Wow, I think she is beautiful.  Chandler had a horrible face.  I don't know why they took her into camp.  I think she was the ugliest girl I have seen in the show.

You know, I was pleasantly surprised by  Christina. If she had mistakes, she sold them well. Good for her.

Tess/Bess/Whatever her name is and Jinelle are just built to be DCCs. They look great.

2 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Wow, I think she is beautiful.  Chandler had a horrible face.  I don't know why they took her into camp.  I think she was the ugliest girl I have seen in the show.

Victoria's smile is as gummy and horsey as Chandler's if not more so. Some of these girls I think are "Dallas pretty". With enough garish make-up and big hair they pass for what is considered attractive in some circles down there - that kind of overdone Dallas look. Victoria is that. Someone like Kelli Q is that. 

Beautiful is reserved for someone like Brianna. No make up, not tarted up, just beautiful.

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

What happened to the 5'' 3-ring notebook full of rules , regulations and SOP (standard operating procedures) ? K&J gone green by creating a softcopy version ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

After watching some youtube videos taken from the nosebleed seats, I can totally see why Kelli and Judy talk to the girls about dancing bigger, letting the field swallow them up, etc. The stadium is HUGE and if you, as a far, are up in the top two or three sections, you can barely see the girls without binoculars except when they're in tight formations.  The girls have to exaggerate the movements without being sloppy, out of sequence or out of time because they have to make sure they're seen in the back row even if they can barely be made out on the field.  Anyone who auditions and can't dance big and do the stuff should either get there or go home.

I'm way more sold on Christina this year than any other...I do think that short sassy lil haircut helped lol. I watched some of season 10 and she is almost orange with dark hair, she looks so much cuter now. 

Re: Kalina/Chandler: I agree it was messed up for Tina to call her a grandma but Chandler IS one of those TC mysteries to me ie: Karen, Rose, KD, the really tiny, timid long-haired girl whose name escapes me, Karissa...girls who totally baffle me as to why they were ever brought into Training Camp to begin with. Chandler never had the •look• to me and sorta reminds me of Carly from the Bachelor. I think Carly is cuter though esp now that she's fixed those eyebrows ?

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, MissKrisPcola said:

I'm way more sold on Christina this year than any other...I do think that short sassy lil haircut helped lol. I watched some of season 10 and she is almost orange with dark hair, she looks so much cuter now. 

Re: Kalina/Chandler: I agree it was messed up for Tina to call her a grandma but Chandler IS one of those TC mysteries to me ie: Karen, Rose, KD, the really tiny, timid long-haired girl whose name escapes me, Karissa...girls who totally baffle me as to why they were ever brought into Training Camp to begin with. Chandler never had the •look• to me and sorta reminds me of Carly from the Bachelor. I think Carly is cuter though esp now that she's fixed those eyebrows ?

Emily was the timid one.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sATL said:

What happened to the 5'' 3-ring notebook full of rules , regulations and SOP (standard operating procedures) ? K&J gone green by creating a softcopy version ?

I was wondering that as well, but then it dawned on me that there were no desks or tables for them to use.  

On 8/25/2017 at 9:52 AM, ByTor said:

It reminds me of Nicole B with the teary speech she gave that she and her friend auditioned and the friend didn't make it to TC (not even sure if the friend made it to finals), but *sniffle sniffle* I will carry on to honor her.  Ummm, no, dearie, you'll carry on because you want to be a DCC!

? that was total a mayonnaise mouth moment too.  

2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I honestly don't care who's at point, but Kashara needs to dance bigger. 

Oh my gosh, I agree! I started watching it before scrolling down and seeing your comment and it was exactly what I was thinking. 

Kashara was just straight up boring me. Was she just marking it - especially in that isolated right foot twist/shake, she looked legit bored by the whole damn thing. Was she just tired? It made me realise that the point *really* needs to have serious pop and agility because otherwise it makes the whole team look slightly sloppy. There was a heaviness or slowness to her movements...I think one of the things causing it is that she's almost stomping - but instead of looking powerful (see Jenna & Lacey do the same move) it just looks clunky. She needs to dance with more controlled power.

...Jenna irritates me to the ends of the earth and beyond but I think they need to bring her back to point (or give Lacey a shot!).

• Love 7
3 hours ago, tajalexander said:

I am nottt enjoying the rookies in the back. Who are they? Christina, Miranda and The Jets?

Ugh - not impressed w/ anyone in this...maybe Jinelle and Tasha - Alexandria not bad.   That blonde jets girls has short Cassie legs only she's shorter overall so it looks even worse.  I'm surprised, but I don't get into Cersten all that much - she just looks very matronly or something.   Miranda kind of looks this way too.   Maybe this just isn't the best group.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Ugh - not impressed w/ anyone in this...maybe Jinelle and Tasha - Alexandria not bad.   That blonde jets girls has short Cassie legs only she's shorter overall so it looks even worse.  I'm surprised, but I don't get into Cersten all that much - she just looks very matronly or something.   Miranda kind of looks this way too.   Maybe this just isn't the best group.

I think it's just that this isn't one of their more impressive choreos, but I really like how Bess accentuates the movement at :36

Miranda is too loose in her neck and shoulders.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I honestly don't care who's at point, but Kashara needs to dance bigger. 

Yeah - Kashara's dancing isn't very hard hitting or precise, but their spacing and timing in that clip is exceptional - they almost look like one person.   If Kashara was a stronger dancer it would really take it to the next level.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I think it's just that this isn't one of their more impressive choreos, but I really like how Bess accentuates the movement at :36

Miranda is too loose in her neck and shoulders.

She is sloppy and as the game goes on she will get worse 

13 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Yeah - Kashara's dancing isn't very hard hitting or precise, but their spacing and timing in that clip is exceptional - they almost look like one person.   If Kashara was a stronger dancer it would really take it to the next level.

They are slow with choreography and sloppy 

• Love 1

So disappointed with the team ...slow...soppy...can not hit an accented movement if you paid them.  They are ALL chasing the choreography .  Hopefully next year they will think more about who they choose to cut or encourage not to return.  sicj a disappointment :(

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

For sure.   And if that were Nicole Hamilton (or Holly P for that matter) it would be a slaaay moment.  

I ❤️kashara, I just need MORE! 

::insert Kitty Carter in Carissa's face::

4 hours ago, tajalexander said:

I am not enjoying anyone in this, except Elizabeth looks pretty good I guess. This is super sloppy, and I find the choreo to be extremely weak. If this is the best they can do to a Bruno Mars song, then don't dance it.....(Bruno Mars fan over here!)

• Love 4