Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Doubt it. Honestly this Holly/Jenna drama situation is going on a little too long. Girls will always come and go. If anything I think numbers will go up due to the new facilities and the show continuing *crosses fingers*

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I wonder with all the stuff going on this year if it affect the number of girls who will audition next year.

38 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Doubt it. Honestly this Holly/Jenna drama situation is going on a little too long. Girls will always come and go. If anything I think numbers will go up due to the new facilities and the show continuing *crosses fingers*

And how many other girls have disapppeared without it being played out publicly on internet forums and/or the show and we never know why? @ShellyB other than flat out suing the DCC/Cowboys/CMT is there anything a girl can do to prevent herself from being shown in some form on MTT or is it something like "by auditioning you agree to be featured on MTT/CMT"?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
clarity
57 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

That's cause it happened two months ago and the show is just now addressing it.  Add in social media and all the conspiracy theories floating around and it does make it seem like it's been FOREVER!!

I have to admit though, the social media has been entertaining:

Where are Holly and Erica?  They've been cut.  No, they haven't - they still have their Twitter accounts.  They showed it on the show.  Hey, thanks for ruining the show for me.  They can't be gone!!  They were my favorites!  I will never watch this show again!!  Holly, I hear you've been cut - is that true?  Why aren't you on the show?  Erica, you weren't on the field??  Where are Holly and Erica?  They've been cut.  No, they haven't, etc, etc etc   :)

• Love 13
40 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

And how many other girls have disapppeared without it being played out publicly on internet forums and/or the show and we never know why? @ShellyB other than flat out suing the DCC/Cowboys/CMT is there anything a girl can do to prevent herself from being shown in some form on MTT or is it something like "by auditioning you agree to be featured on MTT/CMT"?

It's on the application to audition. Somebody posted this summer a link to the DCC website. It says something like you agree to be filmed, you may be shown in a bad light, embarrassing to your friends and family, etc., and you acknowledge and accept this, etc.

• Love 1
On 9/30/2017 at 6:47 PM, Jazzmom said:

Ha..Howard is a fan!  

Probably one of the first to run and tell K&J.  Also, once they figured out the sleuths on here were determining cuts by the Twitter account taken down, suddenly they stopped doing that!  lol

We all read it...nothing to run and tell.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

Miko was the tattletale.

Miko was the chaperone.  Of course she is going to tell Kelli how the day went.

6 hours ago, ByTor said:

Weight that was tough to maintain, so they likely said screw it & retired.

Is that a fact or just your opinion?  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, PBSLover said:

Employees of the Dallas Cowboys Organization owe their loyalty to their employer.  It's nothing new for any business.  Where I work, we expect our dept managers to come to us with any "issues" that may take everyone's attention away from the main priorities.  And if you have an employee who isn't being part of the team, by way of tone and posture, then you have to deal with it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Hmmm...yes, everyone auditioning/working auditions signs the contract with CMT essentially agreeing to be featured. The final edits are in the hands of the production company, so one's tv fate is unknown until the show airs. 

Issues like what Jenna and Holly got themselves into should be dealt with as soon as all the facts can be gathered.  It wouldn't be fair to Holly or Jenna to be confronted with mere rumor and falsehood (which could also lead to lawsuits).  It also isn't fair to either the other girls or to the organization to have all the facts and sit on them for several months until a more "opportune" time shows up.  It needs to be dealt with in a timely manner that's fair to both sides.  I've had bosses come to me several weeks to months after incidents have occurred and things have gone from bad to worse and I've had bosses come to me as soon after the fact as possible and the situation never really got beyond uncomfortable.  I much prefer the second because then things are cleared up and haven't snowballed so far out of control that they  make everyone look bad

• Love 1
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Issues like what Jenna and Holly got themselves into should be dealt with as soon as all the facts can be gathered.  It wouldn't be fair to Holly or Jenna to be confronted with mere rumor and falsehood (which could also lead to lawsuits).  It also isn't fair to either the other girls or to the organization to have all the facts and sit on them for several months until a more "opportune" time shows up.  It needs to be dealt with in a timely manner that's fair to both sides.  I've had bosses come to me several weeks to months after incidents have occurred and things have gone from bad to worse and I've had bosses come to me as soon after the fact as possible and the situation never really got beyond uncomfortable.  I much prefer the second because then things are cleared up and haven't snowballed so far out of control that they  make everyone look bad

I had an instance at my last job where I was miserable due to feeling like I wasn't part of the group due to a large age difference (I'm 58, my coworkers were late 20s and early 30s).  I got along wonderfully with managers and those closer to my own age.  But the younger crowd made snide remarks behind my back and those remarks eventually got back to me.  Rather than punch a few lights out, I went to HR where I was told to just deal with it on my own.  I did payroll for this company and rather than just give a two week notice and say sayonara and good luck with your complicated payroll, I gave a three month notice and retired at the end of 2016.  I trained my replacement well and she called a lot after I left but the calls are less and less now.  I look at it this way.  The best revenge is living well.

Edited by SimplePleasures
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, PBSLover said:
14 hours ago, ByTor said:

Miko was the tattletale.

13 hours ago, ByTor said:

Weight that was tough to maintain, so they likely said screw it & retired.

Is that a fact or just your opinion?  

True, Kelli asked Miko how the day went, and she told Kelli how the day went.  Her mannerisms, though; I thought she came across like she was gossiping.  Of course I have a soft spot for Meagan because of this incident...I never was the type to hoot & holler and yell "yee-haw!" & as a result people assume I'm being standoffish, so I thought she was misunderstood & Miko calling her "grouchy" was harsh.  Of course I wasn't there and maybe Meagan was being a bitch on wheels, I'm just going by what we saw.

As far as Megan C & Melissa go, since neither of them came out and said it no, I don't know it for a fact, I'm just going by what's been said here (not sure if it was said by insiders or not, but that "rumor" has been going around a while).  In case I haven't said it enough, I thought Megan C was awesome & she's the one I miss most.  I love seeing her on the MTT intro!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

Megan C and Melissa both had other opportunities, but yes, weight factored in.

I think weight and needing a real job are the two biggest factors for why girls retire early. Most have other life issues going on too - finishing college, getting married, jobs, moving, etc. but if you need to pay bills and the big screen isn't friendly, then it is what it is. 

Mike's job as chaperone was to rat. She did nothing wrong. Meagan F was just too green to know to act all fake (for her) and life of the party 24/7 while she was being watched. 

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:55 PM, Mabinogia said:

What I loved about her meeting was, she didn't make excuses or give empty platitudes. So many of them say "I'll work on it" but don't actually say how. Taryn had examples of what she was doing. I loved that. Sure the weights thing was poo-pooed by J&K but when called back, she had changed her methods to the band. She showed that she is listening to their critiques, is willing to follow their advice and doesn't' think she's right about everything. She's willing to admit something isn't working and to try something else.

She showed a maturity and seriousness that some of them seem to lack. I want her on the team! 

I honestly didn't understand why K&J were against the weights...that is what they had Mackenzie do, and it is what we did back when I was on dance team.  It really does help, along with stretching like crazy every time you watch tv.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, mmm said:

Who is the Blonde behind Lacey & Robin ? she's was dragging a couple of time during the dance ? is that lauren ?

I think Lauren is second from the right (goal post) but the girl you are referring seems to have long straight hair and seems familiar-one of those rookies I can't place

19 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

“Our NEW squad will be revealed on CMT’s Making the Team October 26 9pm Central.  Tune in each Thursday evening to follow the journey!”

Maybe then they'll finally put the new squad photo on the DCC site.

It's about time. Gee, it's only the 5th week of the season and the 9th week since pre-season started. They really need to sync this show up with the actual season starting.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Mike's job as chaperone was to rat. She did nothing wrong. Meagan F was just too green to know to act all fake (for her) and life of the party 24/7 while she was being watched. 

As Judy said, when someone hands you a tuna fish sandwich with sardines on it, you say thank you and pretend to eat it :)

2 hours ago, kharlan25 said:

I honestly didn't understand why K&J were against the weights

I'm not sure, but maybe it's easier to get an injury if you do kicks with ankle weights?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

As Judy said, when someone hands you a tuna fish sandwich with sardines on it, you say thank you and pretend to eat it :)

I'm not sure, but maybe it's easier to get an injury if you do kicks with ankle weights?

We never did, but you don't do full on kick line in them.  More like step kicks....makes your legs stronger and then when you take them off your legs are so much lighter.  That paired with constant stretching and Taryn probably would have been good to go.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, kharlan25 said:

We never did, but you don't do full on kick line in them.  More like step kicks....makes your legs stronger and then when you take them off your legs are so much lighter.  That paired with constant stretching and Taryn probably would have been good to go.

Makenzie Swicegood started that, then Brittany Evans used it to coach Makenzie Lee and I don’t know who else used it but obviously it stuck.  All of this was featured on the show so it is a bit baffling that Kelli and Judy didn’t realize that the girls have been using this technique to strengthen their kicks. 

1 hour ago, AAEBoiler said:

It's about time. Gee, it's only the 5th week of the season and the 9th week since pre-season started. They really need to sync this show up with the actual season starting.

Even if they did, we would still be like 4 weeks behind.

On 10/1/2017 at 1:40 AM, SimplePleasures said:

I don't think they are the 2nd best dance team in the Metroplex.  Third or perhaps fourth after the Mavericks and Dallas Stars Ice Angels respectively.  The Allen Americans ice hockey team play in the ECHL, which is two steps below the National Hockey League.  The order of standing of the hockey leagues:  the ECHL (formerly known as the East Coast Hockey League) is the lowest, American Hockey League is in the middle, and the National Hockey League is the top.  Alaska's ECHL team went belly up at the end of the 2016-2017 season, so I know a lot about the league and hockey as a whole.  The Ice Angels may be good dancers, but they aren't of the same caliber of the Cowboys, Stars, or Mavericks cheerleaders no matter how good the Allen Americans choreographer may be.

Honestly, I don't think you can compare them dance wise.  The DCC type of dance is nowhere near the level of dance that the Mavericks do.  Even some of the choreography that Stephanie does for the AAIA is more intricate than what the DCC do.  The DCC just have a certain type of dance capability they are looking for. 

I think what you may be referring to is prestige.  That would go DCC, DMD, DSIG, AAIA, everyone else.

• Love 4

Dallas Morning News photos of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders from this yesterday's home game against the Los Angeles Rams.  (I hope the Rams 35-30 win against the Cowboys yesterday means that Angelenos will finally start coming out to support them.  The team has played its first two home games of the Season in a half empty USC Memorial Coliseum.  Seriously we should all just meet up in L.A. if we want  to be able to afford an NFL game because the now Los Angeles Chargers are playing to half-empty, small stadiums as well.)

And someone from the Dallas Morning News clearly likes Kalyssa because - again - all of her photos specifically identify her by name, whereas every other photo is generically labeled a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader(s).

1506900223-NS_01ramscowboysLD25_59112856

1506900227-CowboysRams_AL47_59111096_841

1506900228-CowboysRams_AL60_59111506_446

1506900233-NS_01CowboysRams46_59114110_1

1506900233-NS_01CowboysRams48_59113814_6

1506900234-NS_01CowboysRams47_59113810_5

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 2

I don’t see the need to hide the team once it has been announced anyway. I don’t really see the logic in hiding their twitters and team photos, while the girls are simultaneously dancing in front of thousands of people for the games. It’s not a secret. 

• Love 7

Can anyone tell me what the big thing about the sideline sweetheart is? As in what is it, and why is is such an ‘honour’? Asking as I’ve just seen Bess’ Instagram post about being last nights sideline sweetheart and it’s something I’ve always wondered. Also, what is the difference between this and game day girl? 

On 9/28/2017 at 11:13 PM, rungirl said:

Jenna was in a no win situation.  If she had ratted out Holly I'd given her a hard time for throwing Holly under the bus.  I'm the furthest thing from team Jenna but she was in a tough spot (IMO).

Well, I love Jenna. I totally agree with what you are saying. It's like that saying "Damned if you do and Damned if you dont". Jenna was placed in a tough spot and she is Holly's friend and to me it seemed that she did not want to tattle and get Holly in trouble. However, it seems like being a leader forces you to choose the DCC organization over your teammates/friends. Then the part that got me was when Kelli said that she was not asking Jenna to tattle/tell on Holly...ummm that is exactly what she expected Jenna to do.  This entire scene makes me wonder why Holly decided to quit or did K&J discuss it further with the higher ups and they said that Holly had to go...

• Love 3
On 9/28/2017 at 11:35 PM, HowdeeDo said:

I wouldn't call Kashara a competitor for point in this lifetime. For whatever reason they didn't use Lacey I don't get, but I'm sure Kashara knows she's a backup.

Agreed. I like Kashara but to me Jenna is a better dancer and performer (personal life aside). So, if not Jenna then Lacey should of been point IMO.  

• Love 2

Just my personal opinion(s)

I dont believe that there was any malicious acts by Jenna in regards to Holly. You can clearly see that she is extremely upset and embarrassed with being questioned about her friend. K&J did not question Jenna about fraternizing with players, they directed all of the fraternizing questions in regards to Holly. So, to me K&J had no reason to not put Jenna's life on blast in the same manner as they did to Holly and that tells me that in this particular situation Jenna's only fault was that she was not a good leader according to DCC standards. It seems that Holly and Jenna are still really close friends, so I can only assume that Holly does not hold any grudges towards Jenna. Holly made her own choices and did not give it a second thought that she had signed a contract. To me, this is all on Holly, no one forced her to hang out with Jenna and the players. Just as much as it's Jenna's fault for not being a good leader. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

Can anyone tell me what the big thing about the sideline sweetheart is? As in what is it, and why is is such an ‘honour’? Asking as I’ve just seen Bess’ Instagram post about being last nights sideline sweetheart and it’s something I’ve always wondered. Also, what is the difference between this and game day girl? 

I think @ShellyB answered that in the questions thread, but I’m too lazy to go look for it and can’t remember the difference myself. Is sideline sweetheart a new thing? I don’t remember girls mentioning it in the past. 

On 9/29/2017 at 4:39 PM, kharlan25 said:

I'm sorry, I don't understand your post at all.  Jenna was honest the minute they call her in, she didn't try to side step....she hesitated, but only because I am sure she didn't want to be put in the position she was in.  Holly lied straight up, then still continued to dance around it until she realized they weren't asking but already had confirmation.  Then she turned the waterworks on for sympathy.  How else do you explain the gigantic smile on her face as soon as she went to collect her bags?   Sorry, there is no way K&J would keep Jenna around for 6 seasons if all the nonsense people posted about her on here was true, no way.

I 150% agree with this. I just think that the blame game is ridiculous. Oh it's Jenna's fault that Holly broke the rules.. Everyone of is accountable for our own actions. They all signed their own contracts so to me they should all suffer their own consequences. It was unfair to me that DCC leaders are put in the position to be snitches. If that is what is required, I would not want to be a leader. Holly not only broke the rules, she lied straight to their faces (I didn't see Jenna in the room at the time), so again Holly chose to lie all on her own. 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I dont believe that there was any malicious acts by Jenna in regards to Holly. You can clearly see that she is extremely upset and embarrassed with being questioned about her friend. K&J did not question Jenna about fraternizing with players, they directed all of the fraternizing questions in regards to Holly. So, to me K&J had no reason to not put Jenna's life on blast in the same manner as they did to Holly and that tells me that in this particular situation Jenna's only fault was that she was not a good leader according to DCC standards. It seems that Holly and Jenna are still really close friends, so I can only assume that Holly does not hold any grudges towards Jenna. Holly made her own choices and did not give it a second thought that she had signed a contract. To me, this is all on Holly, no one forced her to hang out with Jenna and the players. Just as much as it's Jenna's fault for not being a good leader. 

I think Jenna was all about saving her own hide, not going after Holly.

• Love 3

To me I look at it differently...who better than Jenna to tell her to stop. Considering the rumor mill says that Jenna has been in the hot seat b4 about fraternization. I also think that if this was not the first conversation that they had with Holly about fraternizing, they would have pointed that out when they called her into the office. Same with Jenna.  I can respect someone who does not try to lie their way out of a situation. 

I think Jenna answered honestly. If she did tell Holly numerous times to stop then I would have made it known to K&J as well. IMO, if Jenna did tell Holly to stop having players at her house, smoking and partying with them...then Holly owes Jenna an apology for putting her in that position. However, if we no longer see BFF post and dinner dates of the two of them on IG, then we know why. 

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, cgloss said:

Selina still has a weight problem, judging by the pics. Didn't last year's DMN pics all identify Tasha and only Tasha? Guess Kalyssa's the new It Girl.

Selina and Heather O look the same to me in the photo above.  I think they are posturing shoulders out and back in that dance, which arches your back in and your stomach out a little.

36 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Holly posted these pictures on her Insta Story. I really hope she doesn't read this thread and the awful things that have been said about her mom recently

Resized_Screenshot_20171002-151801.jpg

Resized_Screenshot_20171002-151803.jpg

Oh god I sure hope she is not going to audition for them next ...

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Selina and Heather O look the same to me in the photo above.  I think they are posturing shoulders out and back in that dance, which arches your back in and your stomach out a little.

Heather looks big in the belly. Selina looks like she always has to me.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Yeah, Holly, you're mom is great -- she destroyed your best shot at having a great dancing career!

Contrary to what some may believe the DCC are not the be all, end all of the dance world.  Holly no longer being a DCC will have absolutely no bearing on the future of her dance career.  Holly just needs to relocate to LA and she will be just fine.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, NMDD43 said:

Holly posted these pictures on her Insta Story. I really hope she doesn't read this thread and the awful things that have been said about her mom recently

Resized_Screenshot_20171002-151801.jpg

Resized_Screenshot_20171002-151803.jpg

Maybe Holly will audition for the KCC Cheerleaders next year.

Random thought, does anyone know why Kyndall F. didn't try out this year, also do you think she would have made the team if she did this year...especially with the chaos nearing the end of training camp. Thought Kyndall was amazing with a good soul....easy to root for. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I think @ShellyB answered that in the questions thread, but I’m too lazy to go look for it and can’t remember the difference myself. Is sideline sweetheart a new thing? I don’t remember girls mentioning it in the past. 

Sideline Sweethearts is another promo for our sponsor that features a different girl each game. 

• Love 2

Seriously. I'm quite confident the $6000 bracelet is fake. They're supposed to fit tight to your wrist. Not loose enough that you could slip it over your hand ? #deadgiveaway

Edited by RedDelicious
Forgive me I had a snooty moment.
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I don't get the resounding lack of empathy where Jenna is concerned.  I was indifferent to Jenna prior to last week - she was just always ok to me.  But seeing how she's been viewed on this forum, combined with my own experience in college (I was in a somewhat similar situation in my sorority), has made me see Jenna in a different light.  There have been very long posts written empathizing with Holly, she's young, give her a chance, etc....and then in the same post the writer will claim that Jenna is fake & deserves no grace.  On last Thursday's episode, Jenna was visibly upset, wearing absolutely no makeup and clearly had been crying prior to being called into K&J's office.  Furthermore, we are seeing a heavily edited show, and it is quite possible Jenna was asked all the same questions as Holly.  We all remember the Training Camp Candidate from a few seasons ago (Amy?) with all the "yes ma'am" responses in K&J's office.  Then the TCC's sister vehemently denied the show's portrayal of the conversation via a Facebook post.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the difference in how Jenna and Holly have been viewed has been startling.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Agreed. I like Kashara but to me Jenna is a better dancer and performer (personal life aside). So, if not Jenna then Lacey should of been point IMO.  

I'm curious - for everyone who thinks Lacey should've been selected for point, why would K&J pass her over if she's so obviously the better choice? I'm not trying to put down Lacey's abilities; but to put Kashara down as only the 'backup' is insulting not only to Kashara but also to K&J's judgement. They could've moved Lacey to point, they chose not to. I think everyone has different criteria for assessing which dancer should be (deserves to be?) point, but the only criteria that matters is K&J's. So by that definition, Kashara is not a 'backup.'  By virtue of being chosen by K&J, she should be/is the right person for point right now.

Edited by Blndee6
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Holly = I love my mom but LOOK AT MY LV and RACK.  MY BRACELET ITS FANCY but my nails are homemade. STFU.

Huh. Holly can't even win for losing now, can she.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, mmm said:

Who is the Blonde behind Lacey & Robin ? she's was dragging a couple of time during the dance ? is that lauren ?

I wonder why the team always puts the two year vets who end up in the second row on the end. It seems like it would make more sense for them to be in the middle. For example, seems like Kelsey should be where Savannah is in the formation. Maybe it's based on the triangle formation, and it's not a big deal by any means, but I've always been curious about it.