Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Miss Kitty was a DCC from 1972-1976, so she definitely was not a one and done cheerleader. She has years of experience as a dance instructor. A lot of the girls go to her when they want to make the team. She has more experience than Melissa the Mentor whose claim to fame is getting dumped on a national reality show and winning a trophy on a D celebrity reality dancing show. I am sure Kelli and especially Charlotte would not have Miss Kitty as the DCC Technical Coach if they thought she could not do the job.

Kitty has some qualifications no doubt.  My point is that there HAS to be someone equally dance qualified with a better demeanor, better appearance, better mentorship and better teammate qualities, equal teaching skills and much less abrasiveness who would do a better job representing DCC values.  Dallas is full of former DCCs teaching dance and running dance studios.  If I were Charlotte, I wouldn't have her around.  She doesn't represent.

As for Melissa - her limitations go without saying and if it weren't for DWTS she would have faded into obscurity only to be seen on alumnae day.   She does though have better hair, makeup and clothes.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Would it even occur to any of us at that age to say to a friend in this situation, “If you don’t stop seeing this guy, I’m telling Kelli and Judy. I’m now part of this and cannot be.” I don’t think it would have occurred to me.

I find the suggestion that Jenna was supposed to stop Holly from dating football players to be rather ridiculous. The going club hopping with Holly at 21 and up clubs is different. I think Jenna bears some responsibility for that, but the dating/sleeping with players.... nah. Likewise, I don’t think it was Danielle’s job to stop or snitch on Paige 2 years ago though I’m sure she knew what was going on. I don’t think it was Erica’s job to stop or snitch on Jenna for seeing Dak last year either although I’m sure she also knew. If anything, Jenna should of told Holly to stop hanging with Zeke in public, but otherwise, these are all grown adults. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

I would love to think Jenna would be switched back in, but I highly doubt it at this point. Don’t get me wrong, KaShara does an amazing job, but I don’t think a third year should get point over 3 girls who each have longer tenure and have been at least a 2nd leader the previous year. 

Seniority has never really been as big of a consideration for point. Crystal Trevino was point and she cheered 2 or 3 years. There's a reason Kashara is point. 

• Love 1
On 9/28/2017 at 5:25 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

She divorced her first husband, and we're not sure if it was finalized before she and her current husband started dating, but it was a  pretty quick turnover. 

Sorry guys, you're right. Paige and Jeff are not married yet. Just engaged and bought a house. 

14 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Yeah, you’re right.  Hard choices but you’re right, I would have said, “I’m out. I can’t do this and unless you want off the team, you’d better stop as well.” I still don’t know if I would have told on her though.

The most I would have said was, “knock it off.”  Holly is a grown ass adult. It’s not Jenna or anyone else’s job to babysit her. I would have said that to Kelli and Judy as well. That I told her to stop but I can’t make her stop. 

• Love 5

I think it really depends on what you consider a "bad edit". I think Jenna looks desperate and spineless and pretty easily manipulated by K&J.  I think Holly looks a lot better just walking away for that nonsense.  

2 minutes ago, MyMomSaysImSpecial said:

The most I would have said was, “knock it off.”  Holly is a grown ass adult. It’s not Jenna or anyone else’s job to babysit her. I would have said that to Kelli and Judy as well. That I told her to stop but I can’t make her stop. 

I think I would have laughed in her face if Jenna told me to stop, because pot meet kettle.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, kharlan25 said:

I'm sorry, I don't understand your post at all.  Jenna was honest the minute they call her in, she didn't try to side step....she hesitated, but only because I am sure she didn't want to be put in the position she was in.  Holly lied straight up, then still continued to dance around it until she realized they weren't asking but already had confirmation.  Then she turned the waterworks on for sympathy.  How else do you explain the gigantic smile on her face as soon as she went to collect her bags?   Sorry, there is no way K&J would keep Jenna around for 6 seasons if all the nonsense people posted about her on here was true, no way.

All the inside info we have so far is being confirmed, so i don't doubt Jenna has been in that office many times. They kept her on the team because they had no real reason to cut her. She is one of the best dancers they have, she is the only one of said great dancers who has no trouble maintaining weight and she had nowhere else to go. Plus, she started at 18 so she could go beyond 6 years and still be younger than other vets. So much stuff are getting out so it seems that a lot of them are actually breaking the rules, but as long as they are being discreet K&J won't do anything about it.

1 hour ago, Smplsimon said:

Again, Holly chose to be an immature child and stomp her foot and walk away; hence the harsher edit.  In other words, she quit.  If she'd have stayed, she'd have gotten a nice edit like Jenna; Kelli and Judy don't want to make current DCCs look bad (it hurts the brand).  Nobody is to blame for Holly's "edit," but Holly (well, and Holly's mom, who stupidly encouraged her to quit thinking Kelli and Judy would come begging).

Do we know that her mother specifically told her to quit so that K&J would come begging?

28 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

But didn’t Jenna stop seeing a player after she got in trouble last year? Holly did not.

Last year maybe, but she got in trouble this year as well. Why would she stop breaking rules if she knows that nothing will really happen to her?

6 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I find the suggestion that Jenna was supposed to stop Holly from dating football players to be rather ridiculous. The going club hopping with Holly at 21 and up clubs is different. I think Jenna bears some responsibility for that, but the dating/sleeping with players.... nah. Likewise, I don’t think it was Danielle’s job to stop or snitch on Paige 2 years ago though I’m sure she knew what was going on. I don’t think it was Erica’s job to stop or snitch on Jenna for seeing Dak last year either although I’m sure she also knew. If anything, Jenna should of told Holly to stop hanging with Zeke in public, but otherwise, these are all grown adults. 

Yeah but their offense was actually that they were in said club WITH the players. So it's not like those two are separate things. Jenna was there and Jenna at that point was a GL for a second time and point-which (along with PB) was the reason she decided to audition again after announcing her retirement. She had more at stake and she was the one who was supposed to be 'leading by example'. I do agree that girls shouldn't be rating each other out, although it seema like this is encouraged by K&J. But Jenna was also fraternizing at that point, whether she went as far as Holly did or not.

7 minutes ago, MyMomSaysImSpecial said:

I don't think that Jenna, as a leader, telling them she couldn't do anything about it while standing right next to her and said players at said club would really help her case.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

I think it really depends on what you consider a "bad edit". I think Jenna looks desperate and spineless and pretty easily manipulated by K&J.  I think Holly looks a lot better just walking away for that nonsense.  

I think I would have laughed in her face if Jenna told me to stop, because pot meet kettle.

Right, and Jenna got nailed for Dak. 

Did Jenna get punished last year for running around with Dak? She was a group leader, went on the USO holiday tour overseas, and was point girl a few times. Yes, she did not get Pro Bowl or was voted VOTY, but still... I still not believe Kelli and Judy thought they needed Jenna so badly on the squad for her sixth year that they allowed her to say do not let it come out I was running around with a Cowboys player on the show while another vet was running around with a player and drinking underage while she was with her, and another vet who I was friends with was booted off for drinking and posting pictures of it while on a squad performance/appearance. Jenna is not all that special enough for the team not to survive without her.

Edited by bigskygirl
13 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

Id bet my left foot thats exactly what happened. 

You can warn someone not to do something until you are blue in the face, if that person is bound and determined to break rules they dont think apply to them, they will. Especially if they have seen others get away with it. To me, if K&J really wanna nip this in the bud, they need to come down harder when it does happen and they need to be even across the board when handing out punishments. You cant keep one and cut the other for the same crime and then complain when the rules are being broken. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MyMomSaysImSpecial said:

What is the obsession about KaShara at point?!  KaShara is point, she will remain point.  She is killing it this season.  Let's think about this logically.  KaShara is obviously not the first person to come to mind when you think point of the DCC triangle.  SO, there MUST be a reason why she is point.  Kelli and Judy are not stupid.  They know who to pick for the front of their squad.  So, has anyone stopped to consider that KASHARA MAY HAVE EARNED that spot?  Maybe her behavior was more upstanding than Jenna's and Kelli and Judy thought, "Hey, KaShara is killing it this season.  Let's make her the point of this triangle because we trust the squad in her hands."  I mean, come on guys, let's face it.  This squad is not always about who the best dancer is. 

I love KaShara at point...she's one of the few bright spots in the team right now.  Speculation on how Jenna might work her way back to point is just that...speculation. I think she's a weak leader and that's what hurt her more than anything.  Leading from behind never works!   KaShara is just fun to watch!

I don't know what kind of fitness Christina teaches but she looked wore out during the cycling scene.  No way does she do that six times a week.  

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

Holly didn’t walk away from anything last night. In fact, she said DCC was her everything. She may walked away eventually, but she didn’t look like she was above it all on last night’s episode. She got caught, tried to outright lie, figured out K&J weren’t buying her bullshit, then tried to partially lie. When that also didn’t work, she resorted to tears and the same “there’s no excuse for this, I was wrong” line that everyone falls back on when called out by K&J. I thought she looked like an idiot and isn’t anywhere near as clever as she thinks she is. Jenna of course did not come off well either.

• Love 7

I think the team in general this year just lacks true leadership. Jenn K leaving was a massive set back for Kelli and Judy, hence their conversation with Jenna about stepping up. They’ve panicked and let Jenna get away with things they usually wouldn’t, as to not get left with all 2/3rd years. 

Melissa should have stayed- she would have been a leader and probably made point. Megan would have also been a leader IMO, not to mention how much of an amazing dancer she is.  

I don’t see Jinelle as a leader. I do with Lacey. It’s a real shame whatever happened with Erica as she could have really stepped up this year. 

Also, why do we think Heather O was awarded 2nd leader? Surely Simone, Steph or Chantel as 3rd years? I know S&S we’re on weight warnings, but not Chantel? 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, MyMomSaysImSpecial said:

Right, and Jenna got nailed for Dak. 

Well, Dak is hot so she probably got nailed BY him too!  LOL!  At least he seems like a nice guy..unlike the alleged domestic abuser Holly got into trouble for.

37 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Did Jenna get punished last year for running around with Dak? She was a group leader, went on the USO holiday tour overseas, and was point girl a few times. Yes, she did not get Pro Bowl or was voted VOTY, but still... I still not believe Kelli and Judy thought they needed Jenna so badly on the squad for her sixth year that they allowed her to say do not let it come out I was running around with a Cowboys player on the show while another vet was running around with a player and drinking underage while she was with her, and another vet who I was friends with was booted off for drinking and posting pictures of it while on a squad performance/appearance. Jenna is not all that special enough for the team not to survive without her.

Yeah, she got pulled from something big and left some long winded message on her Instagram with a photo of a sunset or something. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

I still have a soft spot for Jenna despite all this. I feel she has been very harshly reprimanded for her actions. Yes remove her from the hall of fame trip but I think she should have remained as point in the triangle. 

If she doesnt get Pro Bowl, which I agree is highly unlikely, I would like to see Lacey. I LOVE KaShara but don’t think a 3rd year should get it. I’d say Jinelle as she is the second highest senior but I’m not her biggest fan. 

Really? She got taken off of one trip. that's barely anything. I'm genuinely surprised she didnt lose being a GL seeing as how pretty much her entire talk was how she'd completely failed as a leader.  or at least bumped down to to GL2. I think she got away with a lot, esp for someone caught doing the same damn thing before, and who was probably not exactly strong-armed into going out with Holly. and may have been buying her drinks. 

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I must have missed it.

Thoughts on the board was that she was found out about having a relationship with Dak.  She had posted on Instagram things that lead followers to believe she had met her husband or something.  Ah, youth!!!

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Both Holly and Jenna were pulled from the USO Tour to Italy last year.  Now Jenna said she stayed back because of Sydney's (postponed) wedding... so I'm not 100% on the true story there.  Someone might know for sure? 

• Love 1

It sounds like they weren't exactly sure about what exactly Jenna was up to last year (even with her Instagram postings), which is why they had the conversation with her about "Are you SURE you can be a leader? Can you lead by example?"  They were suspicious but they didn't have enough to really DO anything.  Then there was the issue with Holly.  No, Jenna and Holly are NOT in exactly the same situation.  There are similarities, as in they were both seen out at a club with players, but that's where the similarities END.  Jenna wasn't a leader in saying "This is a bad idea going to over-21 clubs when you're not 21" or "What about that new whatever just around the corner?  Want to try that out?" when the players came in or, better yet, "Some of the players showed up.  We've got to go because this WILL get back to Kelli and Judy (and whoever else) even if we don't say a word".  However, Jenna could say whatever she wants, but if Holly wants to stay, there's nothing Jenna can say or do that would get Holly out of that club.  Was Jenna even the one to get Holly into the club or did Holly have fake ID? 

Holly on the other hand, hung out with players, drank alcohol (if the rumors are true) in a 21+ club while underage for both activities, and has possibly been in an unsanctioned relationship with one of said players for long enough to start rumors (or depending on how they interacted at the club).  At least JENNA was old enough to be there while Holly was not.  Jenna just broke the contract while Holly broke both the contract and the law.  In addition, Holly flat out LIED to Judy and Kelly TO THEIR FACES when confronted with the evidence while Jenna hesitated then admitted to almost everything.  Then Holly, in her locker room interview, said that "it was fun" which seemed to be an admission that having fun was almost worth staking her entire DCC career on.

There was enough edited out that I suspect the 21+ was addressed and all we saw about it was the list of clubs.  I still say there were legal reasons why they couldn't show the conversation(s) about Holly's being there when she shouldn't have and what exactly she was drinking.  Jenna's punishment was almost enough (she should have lost her group leader position as well) while Holly SHOULD have been cut.  Still, they gave Holly enough rope to hang herself.  I think Holly knew that there was still some things out there that, should they be known, she WOULD be cut absolutely.  When she had the gold dress and all the other stuff, I think she was told to turn them in since she wasn't going to Canton.  

As it is, I don't think Jenna will be back next year.  She'll either be encouraged to leave once the season is over or cut at auditions.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, gnesty said:

Thanks Cherryblossom, I hate to see someone throw away an opportunity.  I know it's tough to be a DCC but each candidate goes in knowing what it's like.  I was a big fan of Holly's.  

This is a Professional National Team... This is not a junior/high school/college team. People are expected to be adults. That said- with sexual harassement charges, or anything else that could show up, rules are written they way they are.

A violation of contract one would think is more severe than a dance issue to make the team. Charlotte has said over and over again " it is a privledge, not a right, to be associated with DCB organizations. Even Kitty has said " we do not just represent the team, we represent the brand. ".

After watching last nights show again, it further struck me just how much Holly tried to bluff charge through the meeting with K&J.... Blatant lies.... or dancing- and I do not mean on the dance floor...

7 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

It sounds like they weren't exactly sure about what exactly Jenna was up to last year (even with her Instagram postings), which is why they had the conversation with her about "Are you SURE you can be a leader? Can you lead by example?"  They were suspicious but they didn't have enough to really DO anything.  Then there was the issue with Holly.  No, Jenna and Holly are NOT in exactly the same situation.  There are similarities, as in they were both seen out at a club with players, but that's where the similarities END.  Jenna wasn't a leader in saying "This is a bad idea going to over-21 clubs when you're not 21" or "What about that new whatever just around the corner?  Want to try that out?" when the players came in or, better yet, "Some of the players showed up.  We've got to go because this WILL get back to Kelli and Judy (and whoever else) even if we don't say a word".  However, Jenna could say whatever she wants, but if Holly wants to stay, there's nothing Jenna can say or do that would get Holly out of that club.  Was Jenna even the one to get Holly into the club or did Holly have fake ID? 

Holly on the other hand, hung out with players, drank alcohol (if the rumors are true) in a 21+ club while underage for both activities, and has possibly been in an unsanctioned relationship with one of said players for long enough to start rumors (or depending on how they interacted at the club).  At least JENNA was old enough to be there while Holly was not.  Jenna just broke the contract while Holly broke both the contract and the law.  In addition, Holly flat out LIED to Judy and Kelly TO THEIR FACES when confronted with the evidence while Jenna hesitated then admitted to almost everything.  Then Holly, in her locker room interview, said that "it was fun" which seemed to be an admission that having fun was almost worth staking her entire DCC career on.

There was enough edited out that I suspect the 21+ was addressed and all we saw about it was the list of clubs.  I still say there were legal reasons why they couldn't show the conversation(s) about Holly's being there when she shouldn't have and what exactly she was drinking.  Jenna's punishment was almost enough (she should have lost her group leader position as well) while Holly SHOULD have been cut.  Still, they gave Holly enough rope to hang herself.  I think Holly knew that there was still some things out there that, should they be known, she WOULD be cut absolutely.  When she had the gold dress and all the other stuff, I think she was told to turn them in since she wasn't going to Canton.  

Well Stated ! Exactly !

4 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

First of all I don't think Holly's smile in the locker room was out of disrespect. I think she was trying not to lose it on national television. Secondly, I am hoping Holly quit. This type of thing has happened before and has not been aired on CMT in this manner.  Holly knows that and is probably most upset that she was made to be this seasons villain (granted she brought this on herself). But the straw that broke her back is likely that Jenna doesn't get the same bad light shined upon her on CMT - despite committing the same offenses. 

I'm thinking this is more due to the fact that Holly's fanbase is a helluva lot stronger than Jenna's. People were having virtual meltdowns on social media over "where's Holly?" "no Holly I'm not a fan". They showed that meeting partly because of how it turned out (Holly ghosted), and partly because they wanted to show that it's Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, not Holly and the DCC.  Kelli even leaned back at one point and said something like 'we've cut great dancers before, and we'll do it again'. 

2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I thought Jenna said she did tell Holly she shouldn't be doing some of the things she was doing.  I wasn't #teamjenna before this episode, but seeing how she handled herself when being placed in a crappy position, I have a tiny bit more respect for her. She's definitely screwed up, but as someone else mentioned, she went into self-preservation mode and *seems to have stepped up since this happened.

2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Last year maybe, but she got in trouble this year as well. Why would she stop breaking rules if she knows that nothing will really happen to her?

This is exactly what I was saying a few pages back. They've been so inconsistent with who they hold to the rules, and the way they discipline their employees, that Jenna apparently rolled the dice. Holly and Jenna are the only ones to blame for their choices, but Kelli & Judy haven't exactly laid down the law across the board up to this point. It's been more like holding their hands over their ears and shouting "lalalalalalalala I can't hear youuuu" when the info HAS come to them. Jenna being around 6 yrs has seen this from them before,  so she probably (mistakenly) thought she could get by.

2 hours ago, jadecorleone said:

Id bet my left foot thats exactly what happened. 

You can warn someone not to do something until you are blue in the face, if that person is bound and determined to break rules they dont think apply to them, they will. Especially if they have seen others get away with it. To me, if K&J really wanna nip this in the bud, they need to come down harder when it does happen and they need to be even across the board when handing out punishments. You cant keep one and cut the other for the same crime and then complain when the rules are being broken. 

EXACTLY.  If the DCC are such a successful business, then address behavioral issues like a  successful business would.  Apply the policies evenly, communicate openly and frequently, and have an open door policy that doesn't shoot the messenger if it's bad news. 

Lastly, if you keep hearing whispers about someone falling off the proverbial wagon, don't rely on the peer pressure of 18 to 20-something yr old girls to help manage the issues!!!

I mean really...am I the only person here who did stupid stuff in my early 20s and had friends on the sidelines cheering me on and offering to pay my bail?? 

• Love 10

Just got chewed out on twitter for alleging that Erica was let go for the alcohol rumor. Her friend vehemently denies that this was the case. I shouldn't have gossiped, so I deserved it. Maybe there is more to the story. 

Edited by Jessinvirginia
10 minutes ago, Jessinvirginia said:

Just got chewed out on twitter for alleging that Erica was let go for the alcohol rumor. Her friend vehemently denies that this was the case. I shouldn't have gossiped, so I deserved it. Maybe there is more to the story. 

You didn't deserve getting chewed out because her friend bought Erica's story.  The only 'more' is that Erica pushed her luck and lied to 2 women who were tired of being lied to by rule breakers. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

Really? She got taken off of one trip. that's barely anything. I'm genuinely surprised she didnt lose being a GL seeing as how pretty much her entire talk was how she'd completely failed as a leader.  or at least bumped down to to GL2. I think she got away with a lot, esp for someone caught doing the same damn thing before, and who was probably not exactly strong-armed into going out with Holly. and may have been buying her drinks. 

The irony of Jenna still being a GL after all she's done is mind boggling

38 minutes ago, Java said:

This is exactly what I was saying a few pages back. They've been so inconsistent with who they hold to the rules, and the way they discipline their employees, that Jenna apparently rolled the dice. Holly and Jenna are the only ones to blame for their choices, but Kelli & Judy haven't exactly laid down the law across the board up to this point. It's been more like holding their hands over their ears and shouting "lalalalalalalala I can't hear youuuu" when the info HAS come to them. Jenna being around 6 yrs has seen this from them before,  so she probably (mistakenly) thought she could get by.

EXACTLY.  If the DCC are such a successful business, then address behavioral issues like a  successful business would.  Apply the policies evenly, communicate openly and frequently, and have an open door policy that doesn't shoot the messenger if it's bad news. 

Yes! The bottom line is that Jenna and Holly both broke rules in a contract that they signed. Last time I checked, a contract is a legally binding agreement that they have to abide by. They should have both been cut. Period. Otherwise what is the point of having rules? I would be livid if I were a rule following DCC watching my fellow "sisters" get away with murder. Could be partly why so many awesome vets quit after only a season or two...

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Laurawithcats said:

Finally this may get me in a bit of hot water but I have no problem with Erica being dismissed. She knowingly broke the rules, who knows what she told Kelli when confronted. I get a bitchy vibe from her. 

I totally agree. Bye Felicia! 

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, Jessinvirginia said:

Dang! I wonder if it was a real friend of hers or just some internet troll? 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ByTor said:

So she was rewarded?  That doesn't make sense.

BC not true. Nobody begged Jenna or cut a deal.

45 minutes ago, Jessinvirginia said:

Not deserved. No more to story.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jessinvirginia said:

Edited by Jessinvirginia
Freaking don't know how to delete
  • Love 1

If someone is cut as a veteran candidate (either at auditions or mid-camp), OR they don't finish a full season (as a vet), do they still get invited to Alumna events and/or do they still get a friendly congratulations-on-your-engagement blue star as their "something blue"? (Maybe not right away, like give it a season or two to let feelings cool off.)  What about those who are cut due to suspensions or contract breakages, AND the ones who go down in a blaze of glory? (Something i've been pondering since learning about Paige-and-whats-his-face.)

9 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Christina for sure.  In fact, there's a question as to whether she'll even finish the season.  There's been lots of screw ups.

I was reading an article about one of the 'Real Housewives of Dallas' ladies who happens to be a former DCC; I looked up the squad photos in her decade and check out the second name of row two in year 2001, and sixth name of row three of 2002 - http://www.dallascowboys.com/content/dcc-squad-photos-2000s - they say "left squad." It doesn't appear that DCC has un-named anyone since those years despite girls leaving before the contract was up (again, Paige), but how surreal would it be if Christina did leave (either asked or on her own accord) and her name was simply documented as "left squad". Though the (normal, not-this-fourm) world will little note nor long remember the Holy-Jenna-Erica drama of this season, Christina being in the squad photo but not staying on the team until the end and being labeled "left squad" on the above website would be "cemented forever in DCC history", and random people 15 years from now who stumble upon this current years squad photo at 11:07 on a Friday night would simply assume her departure was the biggest scandal/tragedy of this season. 

• Love 1

I just re-watched the parts with Jenna and Holly in the office and OMG, I think Holly is extremely pretty. Her eyes are really striking, and I think she has a very nice speaking voice as well. I have to say, when she first tried out, I thought she was very good but I didn't care about her either way. This situation for some reason has pushed me in her corner so deeply. I know that others may not (and don't) agree, but I really feel for her. She is from a town with one stop sign, not stop light. She is extremely pretty and has a great body, and her dancing is light years above others. She has a very natural sexiness about her that you cannot teach (unlike Maddie, who looked childish IMO doing the hip roles on the field). 

She tries out for this team at 18 and makes it, moves to the big city. The spot light is on her. She goes out to some places that she should not, maybe with people she should not, but she is with her team mates and enjoying life. I 100% cannot blame her for that at all. In all honesty, I would be more shocked if she didn't go out! She is 20 years old, on her own, and is young and pretty and healthy and popular. Should she go the library on a Friday night? I know K and J hold their image of DCC tightly and I absolutely understand that, and I also understand about rules and commitments. I thought she came off as very sincere in her encouter with K and J, and again others don't see it this way, but I thought she owned up to it. She seemed genuinely honest when she said she didn't know why she did it, and didn't have a good reason for it. I believed her when she said it was fun, and then later she thought about the consequences of her actions. It was a dumb choice and she knew it. She probably felt foolish and was humiliated. I would be. 

I work with youth, and I see and hear this so much. You sometimes do things and truly dont' think about it until after. Sometimes you pay the price, and sometimes you live to see another day. It is easy to get caught up in things. I know that when I was 20 years old I made so many mistakes and my judgement was not the best. Even today at work someone called me and was telling me something and even though I had a meeting to go to, I chose to stay and listen to her, rather than say I had to go to the meeting. I was a few minutes late and had to apologize for being late. While I was sitting there I thought how I should have not spoken to her for so long and should have left to be on time, I didn't... I wanted to hear what she had to say. It was a decision I made. There wasn't a ton of thought put into it. Not everyone has a full on analysis of decisions. Sometimes you do things and and then later, wonder why you did it. I also had a child hit another child. He had no idea why he did it, but said sorry and was remorseful. I am just trying to say that as humans, we sometimes do things that we know are not good but do it anyway and then feel bad about it and really can't come up with a good explanation. She admitted she was slipping and needed to change. I have no reason to not believe her. 

I think that Jenna came off as very self promoting and insincere. Just my Opinion. I don't understand why Jenna didnt' get the book thrown at her. Her crime sounded the same as Holly's, if not worse because of how much she was promoting it and also because she also had been on thin ice. 

Holly will live and learn. I think there is a lot more to this than we will know, and I think that Jenna looked very immature, but I also don't like how K and J seem to pit the girls against one another and want them to rat each other out. Jenna was darned if she did, darned if she didn't. A lot of mixed messages on the team. Be sexy and sexually intice the male fans, but don't go out. Shake your body and stand next to the players for hours and cheer for them, but don't ever talk to them or look at them, or treat them like human beings, especially out in public. Be like sisters to each other, but tattle on them. Some have the rules applied against them, and some don't. 

I think if they had a union, these things could be worked out. When you are at the disceretion of a few people, it is hard. 

Did Holly break the rules? Yes she did. Was she sorry? I believe she was. Does it matter? No, not really, because she broke the rules and will have to pay for the consequences, regardless. I can live with that, even though I think she brings so much to the team and is a very hard worker. What is hard to live with is the obvious and blatant degree of picking and choosing who has to abide by the rules and who doesn't. 

Sorry so long! Again, just my opinion! 

• Love 9

In regards to this Demi house party contest , I have to wonder if they ever check addresses before picking a winner. That house was huge and they are obviously loaded. You never see anyone from the 'hood winning anything like that... ever! ?

• Love 8
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Miss Kitty was a DCC from 1972-1976, so she definitely was not a one and done cheerleader. She has years of experience as a dance instructor. A lot of the girls go to her when they want to make the team. She has more experience than Melissa the Mentor whose claim to fame is getting dumped on a national reality show and winning a trophy on a D celebrity reality dancing show. I am sure Kelli and especially Charlotte would not have Miss Kitty as the DCC Technical Coach if they thought she could not do the job.

It seems like she's only the "Technical Coach" for the show.

4 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Which locker room was Kelli referring to? Do you think KelliS and Jinelle knew per their facial reactions. 

13.JPG

14.JPG

No 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Dccfanatic said:

She tries out for this team at 18 and makes it, moves to the big city. The spot light is on her. She goes out to some places that she should not, maybe with people she should not, but she is with her team mates and enjoying life. I 100% cannot blame her for that at all. In all honesty, I would be more shocked if she didn't go out! She is 20 years old, on her own, and is young and pretty and healthy and popular. Should she go the library on a Friday night?

I think the issues are more that she went out to bars and clubs that were 21+ and that she may or may have been there with player(s). If K+J didn't want the girls going out to nightlife places period at all, that would be in the contract, so much so that they would have mandatory curfews or have cheerleader apartments located near The Star with an Alumni "mom" checking in on everyone to make sure they are home by a certain time.  And Dallas/Fort Worth is HUGE - there are plenty of venues that are all-ages or that have drinks for those who want to have a good time but are innocuous enough to pass for night of good clean fun. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, K10 said:

If someone is cut as a veteran candidate (either at auditions or mid-camp), OR they don't finish a full season (as a vet), do they still get invited to Alumna events and/or do they still get a friendly congratulations-on-your-engagement blue star as their "something blue"? (Maybe not right away, like give it a season or two to let feelings cool off.)  What about those who are cut due to suspensions or contract breakages, AND the ones who go down in a blaze of glory? (Something i've been pondering since learning about Paige-and-whats-his-face.)

I was reading an article about one of the 'Real Housewives of Dallas' ladies who happens to be a former DCC; I looked up the squad photos in her decade and check out the second name of row two in year 2001, and sixth name of row three of 2002 - http://www.dallascowboys.com/content/dcc-squad-photos-2000s - they say "left squad." It doesn't appear that DCC has un-named anyone since those years despite girls leaving before the contract was up (again, Paige), but how surreal would it be if Christina did leave (either asked or on her own accord) and her name was simply documented as "left squad". Though the (normal, not-this-fourm) world will little note nor long remember the Holy-Jenna-Erica drama of this season, Christina being in the squad photo but not staying on the team until the end and being labeled "left squad" on the above website would be "cemented forever in DCC history", and random people 15 years from now who stumble upon this current years squad photo at 11:07 on a Friday night would simply assume her departure was the biggest scandal/tragedy of this season. 

I've wondered about the alumna events too. Have past cut vets like Carmen Butler, Leah Mullinax, Jasmine, Teri or Colin come back? What about Jennifer McMahon who was supposedly partying past curfew on the calendar shoot and was released. Do they only invite vets who retired voluntarily? 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, K10 said:

There are a couple 'left squad" names in a few of the 80s squads (Judy & Kelli years) as well. They actually put Jennifer McMahon's name back in the 2008 squad picture. For awhile she was labelled as "left squad" too. 

• Love 1

I also feel that the fact that because this whole thing happened during the Making the Team shooting schedule, and the Jerry Jones induction to the Hall of Fame being filmed contributed to the publicness of the girls' reprimand.  CMT would be filming the next few weeks and there would be no hiding nor concealing that Holly and Jenna were missing from this important event.   The season is several episodes longer due to the Hall of Fame event.  They really did it up for him, new gold dresses for the team, shoes and pompoms, fireworks  and everything! A Whole episode to commemorate their beloved Jerry Jones' induction to the Hall of Fame!

If this had happened later in the year, it would have been kept as quiet as it could have been; as these kinds of episodes have been kept quiet in the past.  I think the timing of this unfortunate behavior really forced Kelli's and Judy's hand and they had to show it.  They signed on for a reality show. And unfortunately, this was the reality at the time of filming.  I feel bad for Kelli and Judy as well as for Jenna and Holly.  My gut tells me they would rather not have had to address this publicly.  But again, darn it, this was their reality!  How do you keep it hush hush when the next thing we  viewers will  clearly see is that there is no Holly and no Jenna at this prestigious event?!  I feel like they had to show it.

Had this happened later in the year, I don't know if Holly would have been upset enough to quit.  Everything would have happened exactly the same, but it wouldn't have been filmed.  She may have just been too embarrassed to go on, knowing what would be shown on tv.  Then maybe the embarrassment turned into indignation and anger.  From a couple of her Instagram posts, she was feeling very spicy about her treatment.  We don't see any more or less than Kelli and the MTT crew want to show us.  I am sure both the Jenna and the Holly discussions were much longer and more heated than we were shown.  Both girls broke rules, it seems, and got called to the office for reprimands, but we don't know the girls' side of the story, and how they felt about it being filmed.  Maybe they felt like the filming didn't have to happen, that it wasn't fair to film them at this time, but Kelli and Judy felt like it did have to happen for the continuity of the show.

It's just too bad that it happened.  I am simply sorry it happened.  I like both girls a lot as team members. They are beautiful, super talented, smart, well spoken, fun and will have great futures and families in years to come. 

It could have been avoided just by making better choices. (easy for me to say, I know)

But it was fun....

Completely unrealated, but for the couple of posters that liked my snuggle puppy, and asked about him, he is a Havanese, just a little 9 lb dog, and his name is Wrigley- or Wriggy- or Wriggy Roo.  He is wonderful!  Great personality!  Google the breed, I can't begin to tell you how special he is nor how much he is loved and spoiled.  One of our three well loved doggies- Here he is after his bath but needing a little haircut- just to lighten this heavy post.  I am done speaking about it now, I promise!

IMG_1972.JPG

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kiki88 said:

In regards to this Demi house party contest , I have to wonder if they ever check addresses before picking a winner. That house was huge and they are obviously loaded. You never see anyone from the 'hood winning anything like that... ever! ?

Oh, contest teams totally stalk potential winners. My moms company had a thing to celebrate their 1 millionth Facebook fan, but really they extensively checked the background of every fan from number 999,990 to the 1 million-and-10th person to give them like 20 people to pick from to make sure lucky number 1 million wasn't secretly a nazi or a murder or pedophile since the company wanted to use the like as a publicity stunt. 

Edited by K10
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, K10 said:

I think the issues are more that she went out to bars and clubs that were 21+ and that she may or may have been there with player(s). If K+J didn't want the girls going out to nightlife places period at all, that would be in the contract, so much so that they would have mandatory curfews or have cheerleader apartments located near The Star with an Alumni "mom" checking in on everyone to make sure they are home by a certain time.  And Dallas/Fort Worth is HUGE - there are plenty of venues that are all-ages or that have drinks for those who want to have a good time but are innocuous enough to pass for night of good clean fun. 

Yeah, that is a good point. I see what you are saying. I admit I forgot about that part. I think that some people are just more naturally inclined to be a rebel or to that thrill of doing something you shouldn't, and others aren't. From how they dance alone and how they physically look, not knowing anything about them, I would pick Holly to be the party girl wild child and Maddie to be the goodie goodie. I don't think either are wrong or bad, it's just the way people are. 

I also think that plenty of them do it- Holly's problem, to me, is that she trusted the wrong people (Jenna and maybe someone else, not sure) and got caught. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Taryn Tempestwind said:

It's just too bad that it happened.  I am simply sorry it happened.  I like both girls a lot as team members. They are beautiful, super talented, smart, well spoken, fun and will have great futures and families in years to come. 

It could have been avoided just by making better choices. (easy for me to say, I know)

100% agree with you! I was trying to say that but could not do it as well as you. Things happen in life and as they say, it what it is. I wish it didn't happen, but it did. I also think that the cameras contributed to it a lot. There is no way this kind of thing hasn't happened before. No way, 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Dccfanatic said:

Yeah, that is a good point. I see what you are saying. I admit I forgot about that part. I think that some people are just more naturally inclined to be a rebel or to that thrill of doing something you shouldn't, and others aren't. From how they dance alone and how they physically look, not knowing anything about them, I would pick Holly to be the party girl wild child and Maddie to be the goodie goodie. I don't think either are wrong or bad, it's just the way people are. 

I also think that plenty of them do it- Holly's problem, to me, is that she trusted the wrong people (Jenna and maybe someone else, not sure) and got caught. 

Oh, I absolutely agree with you about the above, and I sometimes forget that so many people do see DFW as the biggest city in the world. (I'm from the area so to me it's all old and lame, but there are sooooooooo many places that scream "good clean fun" that are way easier to get away with underage drinking than in a club. Half the movie theaters have bars and serve drinks during the shows in the dark, and even some of the better bowling allies and venues like Top Golf have private VIP sections. The guys could have booked a booth big enough to hold the entire DCC squad and they all still would have been out of the public's view.) 

I've also wondered how a girl from such a small place who currently only has a HS diploma and makes what she does from DCC practices, games and special appearances has so many LV bags and the penchant for so many other pretty things. (I completely understand gifts from parents or family, as well as saving paychecks to buy yourself an awesome "I earned this splurge", but some appear as standard WAG adornments more than they do birthday presents you'd get from your Aunt.)   To me some of her "it was fun at the time" could have also referenced the perks of being a players secret girlfriend or the thrill of sneaking around more than the joy of underage drinking. (Also my opinion, esp because she was called in for a weight warning, she might not have been drinking as every calorie counts, so maybe her thrill was just being out with the players, or in a place where she wasn't supposed to be.)  ((Although drinking would explain the reason behind the need for a weight discussion in the first place.)) 

1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

Wanna bet that something like this is added to next year’s contract?

Good point. I don't know if they could do it by name - starting with the list - since clubs come and go, or the crowd (ie players) moves on to the next spot.

They need to add a clause, which is really a reminder, about what you can and cannot do or be if you are under 21.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, K10 said:

I thought apts were part of the Star building plan (https://www.thestarinfrisco.com/twelve)  . its not a bad idea from the stand point I felt sorry for the new comers coming to dallas who make training came and now suddenly have to find a apt that works (job commute, location, budget, pets, amenities, etc). Also the earlier season(s) showed the TCCs leaving practice very late - so from a security standpoint, being close to others is not a bad idea.  I would admit there were a couple of scenes where I would see TCCs driving off and thinking, ok  a beautiful young woman, who is already physically tired and now driving off somewhere, alone, close to midnight. And then when they get to their apt complex, having to walk to their apt door from their car. Maybe Dallas is a safer city compared to some other large metropolitan cities. Or maybe the mom in me worries too much.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Dccfanatic said:

I thought she came off as very sincere in her encouter with K and J, and again others don't see it this way, but I thought she owned up to it. She seemed genuinely honest when she said she didn't know why she did it, and didn't have a good reason for it. I believed her when she said it was fun, and then later she thought about the consequences of her actions. It was a dumb choice and she knew it. She probably felt foolish and was humiliated. I would be. 

completely agree - my heart went out to her.  Whatever else has happened, she must be hurting now and I hope she is as well as she can be.  I really hope she didn't write a nasty letter - I suppose we'll find out (or not) as the case may be.  

I can't fault Kelli and Judy at all for appearing to address issues differently, as I am quite certain there are factors that play into their decisions we as outsiders will never know about.  I trust their judgment, and if they are choosing to give someone more leeway than they appear to do with someone else, my thought is that person deserves it.  

I'm so glad to hear that Jenna was really stepping up even given how hard it must have been for her with not being able to participate at Oxnard.  Whatever else happens or has happened to or with her, if that is true, then she is taking it like a lady and I'm glad for her.

Finally, I don't believe for a minute that Jinelle would laugh at someone else getting in trouble that way - I know there's a screen capture of her smiling, but that could have been about anything and I seriously doubt it had anything to do with Holly and Jenna.  She has always been one of my favorite girls on the squad and her beautiful attitude has always been a part of why I've loved her as a DCC.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sATL said:

I thought apts were part of the Star building plan (https://www.thestarinfrisco.com/twelve)  . its not a bad idea from the stand point I felt sorry for the new comers coming to dallas who make training came and now suddenly have to find a apt that works (job commute, location, budget, pets, amenities, etc). Also the earlier season(s) showed the TCCs leaving practice very late - so from a security standpoint, being close to others is not a bad idea.  I would admit there were a couple of scenes where I would see TCCs driving off and thinking, ok  a beautiful young woman, who is already physically tired and now driving off somewhere, alone, close to midnight. And then when they get to their apt complex, having to walk to their apt door from their car. Maybe Dallas is a safer city compared to some other large metropolitan cities. Or maybe the mom in me worries too much.

They are up SOOOOO LATE on work and or school nights!!!! ("Holly's talk" was close to midnight!!!)

I guarantee the apts that are being built on property are WAY out of the budgets of TCCs. (I'm thinking to all of the times we've been granted peeks into apartments - moving-in days, vets coming over to share tips, fridge raids. But Frisco and it's surrounding cities have a lot of housing options.)

How amazing would it be if the show decided to move in a direction like The Real World or America's Next Top Model where DCC owned a few or one large apt, large enough to where all 10-12 rookie candidates lived together while in camp and that bill was picked up by the team or the show. THAT would be SUCH a more fun way to add life to MTT and would really humanize the candidates instead of profiling yet another heartbreaking sob story of how a girl overcame chubby ankles or uneven eyebrows to become the best dancer of her college pom squad. 

Edited by K10
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, raindancer said:

completely agree - my heart went out to her.  Whatever else has happened, she must be hurting now and I hope she is as well as she can be.  I really hope she didn't write a nasty letter - I suppose we'll find out (or not) as the case may be.  

I can't fault Kelli and Judy at all for appearing to address issues differently, as I am quite certain there are factors that play into their decisions we as outsiders will never know about.  I trust their judgment, and if they are choosing to give someone more leeway than they appear to do with someone else, my thought is that person deserves it.  

I'm so glad to hear that Jenna was really stepping up even given how hard it must have been for her with not being able to participate at Oxnard.  Whatever else happens or has happened to or with her, if that is true, then she is taking it like a lady and I'm glad for her.

Finally, I don't believe for a minute that Jinelle would laugh at someone else getting in trouble that way - I know there's a screen capture of her smiling, but that could have been about anything and I seriously doubt it had anything to do with Holly and Jenna.  She has always been one of my favorite girls on the squad and her beautiful attitude has always been a part of why I've loved her as a DCC.

She didn't take it as a lady, she took it as a wounded dog. She had no other choice, it was do this and this or bye girl. I can't applaud a girl for doing what she has been told for once, only when it is the only way she could keep a job. I will applaud her when she finally steps up as a leader after two years as a leader and one as a Gl2.

Kinda unrelated, but Kelli seems pretty chill with Holly on social media. I don't think they truly received a mean letter from her or they wouldn't be ok with this.that, combined with the fact that Holly is always surrounded by family now makes me think that this is her way of stepping away from the craziness of being a local celebrity. And I believe K&J would respect that.

• Love 2