Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Chapter Fifty-Six

When Jane is offered a book deal, she thinks her prayers have been answered and debates quitting her awful publishing job. After suffering from panic attacks, Jane is ready to get to the root of the problem. Rogelio and Xo are working on fixing their friendship until Xo finds out that Rogelio has been lying to everyone all this time. Petra is running damage control on the Marbella's reputation after a grisly discovery is found on the property. Meanwhile, Rafael is ready to be involved again in the Mirabella and his first order of business is finding the perfect person to manage the hotel lounge.

Promo:

That big ball of yarn in Alba's apology basket sure looked like a jumbo Red Heart Super Saver ball of yarn.  Does Rogelio know his assistant is cheaping out on the apology baskets?  I mean, com'on.  Who do you have to screw to get some Vanna's Choice up in here?

• Love 9

I absolutely love the fact(or) that we got an Alba/Rogelio scene all in Spanish. I think this might be the first time, as well! It was my favourite scene of the episode, for sure. Rogelio needed that reality check. 

I'm glad Jane took the Marbella job. She seems happier there and she did get three years in publishing. I'm sure she can get another publishing job if she tried, but right now is about her closing a deal with her new book and getting that up and running, so working at the Marbella might be the best chance of that happening. 

Man, as much as I want them to slow down with the Michael flashbacks and references so I can stop crying every act of the episode, I appreciate that his death is still prominent and I feel like it's helping the audience deal with the loss of his character. It's a nice sentiment. Although I will admit that I'm looking for any clues to showcase Michael's possible resurrection by the end of the season. Not saying that it'll happen for sure and it would feel like a cop-out (not to mention they'll need a good explanation as to where he's been for three years), but this is a telenovela and with a TV show that has already had crazy plotlines like Sin Rostro changing her face, it's quite possible. 

Or I just haven't moved to the acceptance stage. I think I'm in the bargaining stage right now.

Rafael's friendship with Jane is really great, as is his friendship with Petra. And with them showing Jane still heavily affected by Michael's death, it makes me feel confident that we don't get Jane/Rafael, at least not this season. 

I'm not sure where they're going with Raf's new girlfriend, though. Honestly, I don't really care right now. And the narrator doesn't either, as he keeps forgetting about her. 

I'm struggling with the Rogelio/Xo story, but I appreciate that Rogelio is the one making some much needed changes in his life, even if he is being sued now. I think it's because we've seen Xo lie to Rogelio for over twenty years about Jane and he never got that mad at her for lying, but Xo is pissed at Rogelio for her portrayal as an evil ex and that he knew. It also doesn't help that we've skipped three years, jumped right into the separation, and this is a major problem we're seeing with them. 

I knew Petra probably had something to do with Scott's body being moved a few inches to be on the Fairwick's side. But I vastly enjoyed the sequence of Petra/Rafael dancing and celebrating after the news comes out. 

Ok, I know this sounds dumb and maybe I'm just projecting right now, but this is the second episode in a row where it seems like they've hired a guy that looks a lot like Brett Dier. Now it's Rafael's Prison Buddy that I swore was Brett for a split second. I think that I'm going crazy here. 

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I absolutely love the fact(or) that we got an Alba/Rogelio scene all in Spanish. I think this might be the first time, as well! It was my favourite scene of the episode, for sure. Rogelio needed that reality check. 

I loved that too.  I guessed it was their first time having a scene like that.  Or at least it was the first scene like that I could remember. I really appreciate that this show goes to Spanish when it makes sense that people would be speaking Spanish to one another.  Although, Rogelio has always kind of lived outside of reality. 

Learning that Rogelio let Darci unfreeze her egg and then tell her he didn't want to have a baby made Darci's anger make more sense.  And it was sad.  I feel sad for what she lost and what she's replacing it with.  I still root for her, darnit.  I think it's the actress.

35 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Have we ever seen Rogelio and Petra interact by themselves before?

I don't think so but I loved their version of "Whose on first?"  It was so silly but fun.

I still get a kick out of every time they reveal Rafael's girlfriend next to him.  I would guess that their relationship isn't long for this world but I'm kind of surprised they would hire Minka Kelly to not really have any significant scenes.  I never watched FNL so I don't know much about the actress but she does play sweet really well.

I love the actor who plays Mateo and the actresses who play the twins.  I think my favorite line of the show was Mateo wondering why papa was apologizing to him with the gift basket.  

• Love 1

Please no Dennis & Jane. Yes, I know that does happen, but keep them as friends since he was Michael's co worker and friend. It was hilarious how the LLN kept shading Abbey. But it is the kind of running joke that can get old quick. Petra moving Scott's body was hilarious. So was the Raf/Petra fantasy  happy dance. Thank God, Zen Rafael is gone! Brett wasn't credited in this episode. I think this was Darci's last episode. I doubt the Raf scene means what we think it means. The series has been doing this since S1.  Jane is back working at the Hotel. This is a great move.

Edited by Simba122504
  • Love 2

Wow, our first Petra and Rogelio scene! Its kind of weird to realize that two major characters who have been around from the beginning, and are practically related, have never really had a scene together. They're scene was funny, and seeing them together was just so surprising, they could have been discussing their favorite pizza toppings and I would have loved it.

I cant stop laughing every time the narrator forgets about Minka Kelly. She is clearly not long for this show, but I feel like if they went to the trouble to hire a decently known TV actress in this part, she has more going on. I also liked the narrator clearly not understanding how policemen get promoted (complete with Napoleon hats and medals), and Rogelio's many baskets.

I don't think I like the Xo and Rogelio plot. I don't like seeing them fighting. I do like seeing Rogelio realizing his selfish tendencies actually hurts people and trying to apologize, so maybe this will work out? I loved the Spanish scene with Rogelio and Alba. He is usually the character who most frequently speaks Spanish after Alba, so it makes sense, plus it shows how sincere he is.

I am slowly getting to a point where I can totally love this show again, but I'm about to join Jane on that coach every week. I still tear up whenever they mention Michael.

Wow, our first Petra and Rogelio scene! Its kind of weird to realize that two major characters who have been around from the beginning, and are practically related, have never really had a scene together. They're scene was funny, and seeing them together was just so surprising, they could have been discussing their favorite pizza toppings and I would have loved it.

I cant stop laughing every time the narrator forgets about Minka Kelly. She is clearly not long for this show, but I feel like if they went to the trouble to hire a decently known TV actress in a throw away part. I also liked the narrator clearly not understanding how policemen get promoted (complete with Napoleon hats and medals), and Rogelio's many baskets.

I don't think I like the Xo and Rogelio plot. I don't like seeing them fighting. I do like seeing Rogelio realizing his selfish tendencies actually hurts people and trying to apologize, so maybe this will work out? I loved the Spanish scene with Rogelio and Alba. He is usually the character who most frequently speaks Spanish after Alba, so it makes sense, plus it shows how sincere he is.

I am slowly getting to a point where I can totally love this show again, but I'm about to join Jane on that coach every week. I still tear up whenever they mention Michael.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2

Even though I don't love Chuck and Abbey is clearly on her way out, I like that we are seeing Petra and Rafael move on from their previous relationships. I'm fine with Jane not dating right now because it's obvious that she is still not over Michael's death. I love that Jane, Rafael, and Petra have positive relationships with each other now without jealousy or competition (well, aside from Petra's alpha mommy stuff at school). I hate that tv cliche that once a couple breaks up, at least one of them is obsessed with the other, jealous of the the person's new partners, or they hate each other. It IS possible to be friends and have supportive friendships after you stop having sex!

I wouldn't mind if Abbey stuck around because even though the narrator keeps forgetting about her, she seems normal and sweet without a hidden agenda, which is a nice change from Catalina. Please don't turn her evil, show! We haven't seen Luisa in the flash forwards, have we? Please don't let Abbey turn out to be Rose in disguise! I think that's physically impossible because Minka Kelly is much shorter than Bridget Regan, but still.

My biggest question this week was how they knew the date of Scott's death (which is what allowed Petra to have her assistant search for events that happened near that date). Did they ever establish that? I guess since he was still working for the Marbella, Petra knew when he stopped showing up for work.

I'm totally with Petra - salads and cold apps shouldn't take 11-15 minutes to get to the table! Same goes for cold pre-made desserts.

I was really hoping that Rogelio had a hidden camera when he got Darci to admit that she sent that tape to Xiomara. But I'm glad that both Darci and Rogelio finally admitted the true motivation behind their actions towards Rogelio and Xo. It doesn't fix things, but at least the other parties can understand why.

I was actually relieved that it turned out Dennis was just investigating Michael to clear his name. At first I thought the big reveal was going to be that he hit on Jane shortly after Michael's death.

Loved Petra and Rogelio trying to understand each other's accents!

I'm glad that we are still getting flashbacks of Michael to help illustrate how Jane is still dealing with his death. As painful as it is to see, it's a far more realistic approach than other shows where there's a funeral with lots of crying and then it's like the dead character never existed after that.

I like that Mateo recognized when Jane had her Michael face. I know all three kids are going to be around, but I prefer them in small doses like this. Also very cute when Rafael was taking pictures of the twins. I agree with him - in a few years, Petra will be glad that he took all those pictures!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

I wouldn't mind if Abbey stuck around because even though the narrator keeps forgetting about her, she seems normal and sweet without a hidden agenda, which is a nice change from Catalina. Please don't turn her evil, show!

I hope that Abbey also isn't revealed to be evil. I think the show is having the navigator "forgetting" her on purpose, to continue to remind the audience that Raf has moved on from Jane and that there's possibility for him and Jane to get together. I'll give the carrot of at this time, because folks continue to hope for that to happen.

It's funny how if Dennis and Jane start dating, that is viewed as some sort of "betrayal" of Michael, yet folks hope for Jane and Raf to get back together and that's not seen as a "betrayal" at all.

5 hours ago, vixenbynight said:

It's funny how if Dennis and Jane start dating, that is viewed as some sort of "betrayal" of Michael, yet folks hope for Jane and Raf to get back together and that's not seen as a "betrayal" at all.

I mean, Michael is dead, so Jane could choose to date anyone at all and it wouldn't be a betrayal. Except maybe Rose.

• Love 3

I thought Jane looked cute with her hair slicked back in a ponytail for the spin class scene.  And I am SO GLAD she not working for Chloe anymore.  I never cared for the scenes with Chloe, and I was not convinced Jane would have put up with all of Chloe's diva behavior for a full 3 years.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I loved that scene as well!  Rogelio really does love this family and being a part of the family.  And I love Alba!

14 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't think so but I loved their version of "Whose on first?"  It was so silly but fun.

That was a great scene!  I did wonder if the actors got to laugh at themselves too doing this rapid patter.

Didn't Dennis say that Michael was being investigated for associating with Sin Rostro not Mutter?  It makes sense in a warped way, his partner Susanne turned out to be Rose/Sin Rostro.  They could spin it that he was shot because they had a falling out.  Thankfully, Dennis cleared his name, right?

I fully expect to see Rose again (ick!) and have her connected to Scott's death.  Since the LLN hinted that Scott would regret blackmailing Petra with the will, I wonder if  it will turn out that Louisa is not a Solano either and for whatever weird reason  Rose wanted to make sure she would still get her part of the inheritance.

I hope they tell us what became of Anezka.  And is anyone else wondering where is Jane's friend Lina?

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, elle said:

And is anyone else wondering where is Jane's friend Lina?

I sure am! I miss having her around. And I get that it can be an issue with the actors in supporting roles not always being available, but I really wish we had a tighter cast. The same goes for Luisa and Rose. Not that I want them to be present, I cannot emphasize enough how much I detest that storyline at this point, but having them randomly pop up here and there isn't any better either. At least give them a proper closure. 

I feel something is definitely up with Rafael's girlfriend, but if it's so, they really should give us at least some insight soon. Otherwise, the narrator forgetting about her all the time is a joke that's going to get old quickly. And whatever her deal is, I hope it's not another pointless storyline not going anywhere, like the stuff with Catalina.

Also, I don't think we've seen the last of Anezka, even though I'm not sure how I'd feel about her being back.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, vixenbynight said:

I hope that Abbey also isn't revealed to be evil. I think the show is having the navigator "forgetting" her on purpose, to continue to remind the audience that Raf has moved on from Jane and that there's possibility for him and Jane to get together. I'll give the carrot of at this time, because folks continue to hope for that to happen.

Why would Raf & Jane getting back together be seen as a  betrayal? Raf wasn't best friends with Michael. He wasn't his co worker.  The series didn't start with Rafael & Michael being BFFS.  

• Love 1

I have to say, I'm getting kind of tired of the whole "Jane does something really stupid like quit too early or give the wrong packet to her adviser" plot device. She's a smart (and Type A) woman - doesn't make sense for the character.

Also: I miss Michael. :( He was one of the most charming characters on this show (along with Ro, duh. And Jane.)

• Love 8

I'm also kind of tired of the way Jane hyperventilates (I guess), blowing her lips in and out.  It looks weird every time she does that.

I have to say, I'm getting kind of tired of the whole "Jane does something really stupid like quit too early or give the wrong packet to her adviser" plot device. She's a smart (and Type A) woman - doesn't make sense for the character.

I also can't with Jane repeatedly slugging a police officer (Dennis). No wonder her son has no behavioral controls.

Plus, what's with her self-esteem that she put up with an abusive work relationship for three years?

• Love 4

I think I read that the actress who plays Lina is going to be on a new show on CBS.  I've seen her on one of the Sunday morning talk shows where she's spoken about her book.  

This is my first episode back since I read spoilers that Michael was going to be killed.  I wasn't going to watch any more, but I couldn't stay away.  

15 hours ago, MaryHedwig said:

I also can't with Jane repeatedly slugging a police officer (Dennis). No wonder her son has no behavioral controls.

Plus, what's with her self-esteem that she put up with an abusive work relationship for three years?

I hated the slapping. Especially because Dennis made it clear, when he got caught taking the photos, that he was trying to clear Michael's name.

I get that she shouldn't be expected to be particularly logical or clear-headed in that moment. But no way would it take three years to clear that up, unless she remained completely obstinate the entire time, and refused to even consider an obvious explanation.

• Love 3

I realize that she had her own reasons for hitting the officer (however far-fetched), but she hit a police officer in uniform, even in the police station.  If anyone else had seen it she would be arrested for assaulting a police officer.  She's too smart to do some of the dumb stuff she does.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Blakeston said:

I get that she shouldn't be expected to be particularly logical or clear-headed in that moment. But no way would it take three years to clear that up, unless she remained completely obstinate the entire time, and refused to even consider an obvious explanation.

She felt utterly betrayed by someone she trusted during a very vulnerable time in her life,  I can understand why she would have lingering issues.  I think too that we were supposed to infer that she had not seen Dennis since that time.  All the emotions that she had pushed down came bubbling up as an anxiety attack.  I am sure her therapist would agree that even angry, slapping was not the answer.  I give Dennis credit for coming up with a creative solution for Jane to be able to talk with him without getting hurt.  Well, him getting hurt.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

I think I read that the actress who plays Lina is going to be on a new show on CBS.  I've seen her on one of the Sunday morning talk shows where she's spoken about her book.  

This is my first episode back since I read spoilers that Michael was going to be killed.  I wasn't going to watch any more, but I couldn't stay away.  

Yeah, she's busy. Don't forget OITNB.  They phased her out after S1. I'm guessing because of time on other shows. Remember she was dating Michael's estranged brother?  He also wasn't around after S1. 

About Petra's scene with Rogelio - I'm not a native English speaker, so I probably can't really tell, but I would never say that Petra's accent is as heavy as Rogelio's. I have noticed she's been talking unnaturally fast lately, though.

• Love 1

Tried this episode because I was really hoping they would un-twist the Michael twist and he'd show up alive, but I guess they're committed to the time jump. I just feel like I've lost all connection to the show. And I wasn't a "team Michael" person; I didn't care for that love triangle at all. The death, the time jump, the character/relationship resets, it's all just too much. 

It's really strange. Must be a symptom of the times we're in now, but I feel like I'm grieving for the show that used to exist and is now gone.

I'm glad other people were able to make the jump. I hope not too many tune out.

• Love 1
On 2/21/2017 at 6:23 PM, AuxArx said:

I'm also kind of tired of the way Jane hyperventilates (I guess), blowing her lips in and out.  It looks weird every time she does that.

That's basically how it looks when I do it. Sometimes I breathe out my nose instead, but it would look like nothing on TV. 

• Love 2

I believe that JTV killed off Michael because they're pairing her with Rafael in the end and were unwilling to deviate from their original intention. The rationale used by the show runner - that Jane had a journey to travel which would be stunted by marriage early in the series run - would be more believable if the stories they've been telling depended upon her being single. Her travails at work and her conflicts with those with professional authority over her are stories JTV has been telling since the premiere, and we're still seeing those stories, which can be told just as easily with Jane married. As much as I enjoy Petra, my eyes rolled forever at yet another body showing up on Marbella property to threaten the hotel's reputation. Just as they roll at Petra and hate sex with whomever, or Jane's overly sharp and unmotivated (IMO) animus against Petra despite surface amiability. Xo and Rogelio's story is nothing but a hamster wheel with no interesting detours at all.

• Love 2

On a fashion note, I loved Jane's cute dress with the colorful horizontal stripes.  Checked a "worn on TV" site, and they didn't show it.  Darn.

Her scene at a "soul cycle" type place was so funny.  Gina Rodriguez is phenomenal with physical comedy, and everything else that she does. 

• Love 1

I like Dennis. I hope he doesn't turn out to be evil. 

I hate it when shows drop all the main character's friends and their social world shrinks to only convenient cast members, but in Jane's case it actually makes a lot of sense that they'd drift apart. Jane's a widow and a mom and was in a very demanding job. Lina and probably most of her other friends are in a different phase of their lives and Lina especially did not seem at all into the kids thing. She's into going out and having fun, and Jane has been probably not in the mood most of the time she's been grieving, plus doing kid stuff a lot of the rest of the time. I imagine Lina checks in and spent a little time comforting her bereaved friend, but she's not a person who would have a LOT of patience for sorrow and mom life.

The spin class was really funny. I loved the narrator's reality check when the instructor was like "we're at the top of a mountain" or whatever and he said "actually, a sweaty room in a strip mall" or something like that. I'm surprised he didn't give a more meta level of reality check on Hawai'i/Miami Beach/actually California.

Looking forward to Rogelio's new Gulliver's Travels telenovela.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, MoreCoffeePlease said:

On a fashion note, I loved Jane's cute dress with the colorful horizontal stripes.  Checked a "worn on TV" site, and they didn't show it.  Darn.

MoreCoffeePlease, that dress really was cute! The costume designer for JtV tweeted that it's an Eliza J dress. 

On 2/22/2017 at 9:12 PM, Joana said:

About Petra's scene with Rogelio - I'm not a native English speaker, so I probably can't really tell, but I would never say that Petra's accent is as heavy as Rogelio's. I have noticed she's been talking unnaturally fast lately, though.

Her accent is definitely not as heavy as Rogelio's but her way of speaking is definitely a style that feels unique to her and therefore might sound strange to Rogelio's ears, especially if it's the first time they've had a significant conversation.  I do think his ears will adjust but initially, they had to get used to the way the other spoke. (I think of like how I learned Parisian French pretty well but when I started speaking French with someone from Quebec City or Marseilles, I had a much harder time communicating. It can also happen with people who learn British English in their studies when communicating with Americans for the first time--although the ubiquity of US pop culture around the world, often in English, mitigates that somewhat.  

On 2/22/2017 at 10:56 AM, Blakeston said:

I hated the slapping. Especially because Dennis made it clear, when he got caught taking the photos, that he was trying to clear Michael's name.

What he did was still sneaky.  He could have simply asked for his notes so he can continue the work that Michael started. Instead, she catches him being sneaky and even if it was to 'clear Michael's name,' she might have been angry that Michael was even being investigated at all.  Nor, since he lied to her, would she have a reason to trust him. 

On 2/22/2017 at 9:28 PM, kieyra said:

I'm glad other people were able to make the jump. I hope not

Ratings have actually been up a little these past two episodes compared to show episodes aired earlier this winter.  So it seems like fans are willing to see where this goes post-Michael.  But overall, Jane's ratings tend to be pretty consistent.  They go up a little, like these two episodes, or go down a little but it's rarely in a big way that makes the fluctuations significant.  Basically, for the past two seasons, ratings tend to hover around one million viewers and just  under .4 in the demo. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

What he did was still sneaky.  He could have simply asked for his notes so he can continue the work that Michael started. Instead, she catches him being sneaky and even if it was to 'clear Michael's name,' she might have been angry that Michael was even being investigated at all.  Nor, since he lied to her, would she have a reason to trust him. 

The way he went about it was way sneaky and a little shady. Why wouldn't the police department have already taken Michael's notes? He wasn't some lone avenger; he was a police detective working on that investigation on the department's behalf. Surely his notes belonged to them after his death? I guess I don't really know the rules of police work, but it doesn't make sense that detectives' notes on cases would be considered their personal property. Why wouldn't he have handed them over when he left the job? Even if he had additional notes that weren't part of the official case file, why wouldn't Dennis just ask Jane for them? It does make it seem like he didn't entirely trust Michael and/or Jane.

• Love 2
On 2/24/2017 at 0:18 AM, Irlandesa said:

Taking the photos was sneaky, but what did he lie about? I guess you could call it a lie of omission that he didn't mention that Michael was being investigated, but Jane herself acknowledged that she was better off not knowing that, at the time.

And if he had told her that he was trying to continue Michael's work, instead of telling the truth that he was trying to defend Michael against accusations that he was corrupt, wouldn't that be a pretty big lie?

This is why I can't fuck with Jane. Towards the end of the episode she is talking to Rafael on the phone where he is giving GREAT advice. She asks why he isn't taking more of a leadership role at the Marbella stating that just cause he cares for the Marbella, it doesn't mean that he will turn BACK into the greedy, shady, amoral Rafael. The hell?? Really Jane? That's how you describe him? 

• Love 3

Reading all the posts makes me think I am really cold hearted because I don't really care that Michael is gone. Yes, it is sad that Jane lost her husband but I never really liked him. It just made more sense that he be with Jane seeing as they r so similar (judgemental, stubborn etc.).

I wanna end on a high note so I'll say this: The kids are so damn adorable! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CerealKiller813 said:

This is why I can't fuck with Jane. Towards the end of the episode she is talking to Rafael on the phone where he is giving GREAT advice. She asks why he isn't taking more of a leadership role at the Marbella stating that just cause he cares for the Marbella, it doesn't mean that he will turn BACK into the greedy, shady, amoral Rafael. The hell?? Really Jane? That's how you describe him? 

I am glad I was not the only one bothered by that. Jane is extremely judgmental, and disrespectful when it comes to others. She did say she was paraphrasing, I don't know if she was paraphrasing something Rafael said in the past but it was still a terrible thing to say. You don't say that to your "best friend" who already hates himself and works so hard to become a better person unlike most people in the show.

I kind of feel they will come back to this someday, or I hope they come back to this someday. Jane has said too many things like maybe if you went to church you would know right from wrong. Jane pretty much always assumes the worst of Rafael. Remember when she assumed he was doing something terrible and she checked up on him only to find out he secretly donates to abused women shelter. Then both her and Michael thought Rafael was sleeping with married women and that was false too. It turned out not only were they wrong about that but the whole reason Rafael was even doing that was so Rogelio could get the part.

I don't think you have a cold heart for not caring about Michael being gone. I was really sad when he died. He was so sweet and adorable toward the end. My heart broke for Jane and for the life they could have had together. However, now that he is gone I don't miss him at all. I still feel sad and teary eyed when Jane cries over him, like that voicemail thing, oh that one hurt. I am sad that Jane lost the love of her life, but as a character I don't miss Michael even a bit. I was done with all the Sin Rostro drama by the end of season 1. That mainly left Michael with just Jane related stories. We get plenty of Jane stories without Michael so it doesn't feel like I am missing much. 

I love the kids so much, especially Mateo. I think they did such a fantastic job with finding the right actor. I love seeing Jane parent and Rogelio be a grandfather. Now that Mateo is older he can actually interact with other characters. I can't wait for more of this. 

Edited by AnushkaR
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, AnushkaR said:

I am glad I was not the only one bothered by that. Jane is extremely judgmental, and disrespectful when it comes to others. She did say she was paraphrasing, I don't know if she was paraphrasing something Rafael said in the past but it was still a terrible thing to say. You don't say that to your "best friend" who already hates himself and works so hard to become a better person unlike most people in the show.

I kind of feel they will come back to this someday, or I hope they come back to this someday. Jane has said too many things like maybe if you went to church you would know right from wrong. Jane pretty much always assumes the worst of Rafael. Remember when she assumed he was doing something terrible and she checked up on him only to find out he secretly donates to abused women shelter. Then both her and Michael thought Rafael was sleeping with married women and that was false too. It turned out not only were they wrong about that but the whole reason Rafael was even doing that was so Rogelio could get the part.

I don't think you have a cold heart for not caring about Michael being gone. I was really sad when he died. He was so sweet and adorable toward the end. My heart broke for Jane and for the life they could have had together. However, now that he is gone I don't miss him at all. I still feel sad and teary eyed when Jane cries over him, like that voicemail thing, oh that one hurt. I am sad that Jane lost the love of her life, but as a character I don't miss Michael even a bit. I was done with all the Sin Rostro drama by the end of season 1. That mainly left Michael with just Jane related stories. We get plenty of Jane stories without Michael so it doesn't feel like I am missing much. 

I love the kids so much, especially Mateo. I think they did such a fantastic job with finding the right actor. I love seeing Jane parent and Rogelio be a grandfather. Now that Mateo is older he can actually interact with other characters. I can't wait for more of this. 

I could cry right now. It is SO rare to find someone who sees through the 'Angelic Jane' bullshit. There are soooo many instances where they (Jane, Michael, and/or Xo) disrespected Raf as a man and a father. A GOOD father btw. It annoys me when she is called on it but what can you expect? It's just another one of the many things that won't get corrected or fully addressed. So, I'm happy to do a reality check on this forum every week lol 

Do you remember when Mateo was first born and the Villanueva woman would shut him out and God forbid if he even has a suggestion on how to raise his own kid? SHAME! Jane is not the be-all end-all. She takes what Michael says and it's golden but Rad could suggest the same thing and it's met with doubt. Am I missing a season where RAF was deemed incompetent or unable to fend for himself and/or children?

I agree with you about Michael not being missed. Yes, that scene where she finds out about Michael is heart wrenching (props to Gina Rodriguez) but there were signs that made me think that he and Jane would've had a hard road ahead. It seemed like the pay didnt speak about some important subjects before marriage like finances and child rearing. Plus, her mom and grandma basically raised her to only follow her own rules. What kind of life is that? No one else can be right? No one else can have a say? What if Rafael were to treat Michael the way she treated Petra about scolding (and that's a stretch for what she did) Mateo when he chucked carrots at his sisters? She would've lost her shit! And it's not as if Petra yelled or even hit Mateo. 

The title should change to Jane the Hypocrite.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, CerealKiller813 said:

... it doesn't mean that he will turn BACK into the greedy, shady, amoral Rafael. The hell?? Really Jane? That's how you describe him? 

Seriously. WTF? I didn't know she had that low an opinion of him. Naive and prone to bad decisions, sure. But he's never been particularly villainous. Mostly just strayed off the moral high ground a few times, but in an attempt to service overall moral goals. Unless I'm forgetting something major. A little witness fabrication here and dithering about inherited stolen art there wouldn't warrant too long a stay in purgatory. If he'd been really greedy and amoral pre-linen-pants, he would have sold all that stolen art.

I've come around to thinking I don't want Michael to reappear. The dead should stay dead. Worst case scenario, for me, would be that Jane eventually is ready to move on, falls in love with Rafael again, and THEN Michael is resurrected and we're back to the triangle. No, thanks. Though I don't want her back with Rafael, either. They're better as friends. New hot, smart, kind guy, please. What is The CW for if not to provide an endless stream of eye candy?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CerealKiller813 said:

I could cry right now. It is SO rare to find someone who sees through the 'Angelic Jane' bullshit. There are soooo many instances where they (Jane, Michael, and/or Xo) disrespected Raf as a man and a father. A GOOD father btw. It annoys me when she is called on it but what can you expect? It's just another one of the many things that won't get corrected or fully addressed. So, I'm happy to do a reality check on this forum every week lol 

Do you remember when Mateo was first born and the Villanueva woman would shut him out and God forbid if he even has a suggestion on how to raise his own kid? SHAME! Jane is not the be-all end-all. She takes what Michael says and it's golden but Rad could suggest the same thing and it's met with doubt. Am I missing a season where RAF was deemed incompetent or unable to fend for himself and/or children?

I agree with you about Michael not being missed. Yes, that scene where she finds out about Michael is heart wrenching (props to Gina Rodriguez) but there were signs that made me think that he and Jane would've had a hard road ahead. It seemed like the pay didnt speak about some important subjects before marriage like finances and child rearing. Plus, her mom and grandma basically raised her to only follow her own rules. What kind of life is that? No one else can be right? No one else can have a say? What if Rafael were to treat Michael the way she treated Petra about scolding (and that's a stretch for what she did) Mateo when he chucked carrots at his sisters? She would've lost her shit! And it's not as if Petra yelled or even hit Mateo. 

The title should change to Jane the Hypocrite.

I always thought I was the only one who noticed Jane's double standards. She kept yelling how Rafael lied and got Michael fired. He was definitely, definitely wrong to expose Michael but he did not fabricate a false story about Michael. He reported the man who helped the person who worked for the woman that killed his dad, kidnapped his newborn son and held him hostage. Jane literally said she "forgot" about his dad during the counseling session. It's crazy how she wanted to sue Rafael for custody when Petra covered for Magda/Alba incident and Rafael believed Petra over Jane/Alba. She did not want Mateo anywhere near the hotel. But Rafael was a bad person because he did not want Mateo around a man whose job has already put Mateo at risk, who himself put Mateo at risk. 

2 hours ago, Enginerd said:

Seriously. WTF? I didn't know she had that low an opinion of him. Naive and prone to bad decisions, sure. But he's never been particularly villainous. Mostly just strayed off the moral high ground a few times, but in an attempt to service overall moral goals. Unless I'm forgetting something major. A little witness fabrication here and dithering about inherited stolen art there wouldn't warrant too long a stay in purgatory. If he'd been really greedy and amoral pre-linen-pants, he would have sold all that stolen art.

I just thought it was such a terrible thing to say to man who has put in more effort to be a better person than her, and her whole family combined. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, AnushkaR said:

I always thought I was the only one who noticed Jane's double standards. She kept yelling how Rafael lied and got Michael fired. He was definitely, definitely wrong to expose Michael but he did not fabricate a false story about Michael. He reported the man who helped the person who worked for the woman that killed his dad, kidnapped his newborn son and held him hostage. Jane literally said she "forgot" about his dad during the counseling session. It's crazy how she wanted to sue Rafael for custody when Petra covered for Magda/Alba incident and Rafael believed Petra over Jane/Alba. She did not want Mateo anywhere near the hotel. But Rafael was a bad person because he did not want Mateo around a man whose job has already put Mateo at risk, who himself put Mateo at risk. 

Exactly!! Maybe the title should be Double Standard: A Jane Gloriana Villanueva Story  lol. Makes perfect sense. 

I never understood how Jane could be so cold and callous when the man lost his FATHER. How do you forget that? Rafael wasn't telling lies. Michael was dirty and had a hand in Mateos kidnapping. Those are the FACTS. That can be forgiven and dashed aside but you wanna cry big crocodile tears and cry unfair cause Rafael isn't as accommodating to your dirty cop boyfriend. Get outta here with that mess. God forbid the man actually wants to form a bond with his son. It is never taken into consideration that Rafael (even though he came from money) still struggled in his own way. Money doesn't automatically mean you are a bad person and Raf is NOT A BAD PERSON. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Enginerd said:

I've come around to thinking I don't want Michael to reappear. The dead should stay dead. Worst case scenario, for me, would be that Jane eventually is ready to move on, falls in love with Rafael again, and THEN Michael is resurrected and we're back to the triangle. No, thanks. Though I don't want her back with Rafael, either. They're better as friends. New hot, smart, kind guy, please. What is The CW for if not to provide an endless stream of eye candy?

I really hope they don't do that. I'll say it before and I'll say it again. Jane doesn't deserve Rafael. Point, blank, period. Not as a mate. She is constantly over his shoulder expecting him to mess up. The way she just kicked him when he was already down over the art thing was ridiculous. Did he profit from the art? No. Did he display is arrogantly so he can constantly see what he got away with? No. His father did the dirt and Rafael was trying to preserve his dad's legacy and his hotel. Give him some damn credit.

Also, can we talk about how dumb that Dennis storyline was? You mean to tell me that you let. This anger fester inside of you for THREE YEARS and just didn't resolve it? Didn't even go down to the police station to get answers? Talk to the captain? Bullshit! You clearly are still passionate about it if you slap the poor man every chance to see him. Ugh but of course I'm supposed to just excuse all her bad behavior cause she lost her husband. Ok CW, whatever.  

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, CerealKiller813 said:

I really hope they don't do that. I'll say it before and I'll say it again. Jane doesn't deserve Rafael. Point, blank, period. Not as a mate. She is constantly over his shoulder expecting him to mess up. The way she just kicked him when he was already down over the art thing was ridiculous. Did he profit from the art? No. Did he display is arrogantly so he can constantly see what he got away with? No. His father did the dirt and Rafael was trying to preserve his dad's legacy and his hotel. Give him some damn credit.

I was mad at both Rafael and Jane during the art thing. Rafael had no right to ask Michael to not call it in just yet, not when he reported him in the past for a similar situation. The only good thing was he truly felt miserable about his request. He knew what he was asking of Michael and he absolutely hated it. I understand why Jane was upset. She had every right to be angry that Rafael would ask something like this of her noble husband. I just did not understand the going to church and being good person comment. Attacking a man's character when he is already broken and suffering is terrible. She never apologized, never even looked a tiny bit remorseful. 

I don't understand how Jane and her family looks down on Rafael and his wealth but they are more than happy to take advantage of it when they need it. From singing gigs to staying at the hotel they are always at the place. 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, AnushkaR said:

I was mad at both Rafael and Jane during the art thing. Rafael had no right to ask Michael to not call it in just yet, not when he reported him in the past for a similar situation. The only good thing was he truly felt miserable about his request. He knew what he was asking of Michael and he absolutely hated it. I understand why Jane was upset. She had every right to be angry that Rafael would ask something like this of her noble husband. I just did not understand the going to church and being good person comment. Attacking a man's character when he is already broken and suffering is terrible. She never apologized, never even looked a tiny bit remorseful. 

I don't understand how Jane and her family looks down on Rafael and his wealth but they are more than happy to take advantage of it when they need it. From singing gigs to staying at the hotel they are always at the place. 

I see what you are saying and yes Rafael was wrong to ask him to wait. Guess it's just another one of this sinning ways lol. 

I laughed so hard at noble husband. 

They love to reap the rewards but then talk about his entitlement. Xo sings at the club whenever she wants, they lived there for free when the house needed fixing AND they use company resources for personal things. 

• Love 1
On 21/02/2017 at 2:12 AM, Irlandesa said:

I loved their version of "Whose on first?"  It was so silly but fun. 

Totally hilarious. "I don't speak Spanish", "Your accent is really strong".

I still get a kick out of every time they reveal Rafael's girlfriend next to him.

I think the first scene with Abby suddenly being there and all the turquoise was just brilliant. I enjoyed this episode a lot. Also, Mateo's behaviour makes total sense when you consider he's being raised by a woman who's consumed by emotions she doesn't know how to express and a father who's determined not to have them. No wonder he doesn't know how to "use his words". 

On 25/02/2017 at 5:07 PM, CerealKiller813 said:

it doesn't mean that he will turn BACK into the greedy, shady, amoral Rafael. The hell?? 

Greedy? No. Not even vaguely. Shady? Yes. He's done some damn shady things in the name of business and family. But amoral? No fucking way. He's one of the most moral people on the show. He just went to jail for something he did that hurt nobody and that nobody knew about. He confessed and did his time to provide a good example for his children. I can't think of a thing Raf has done that has been either greedy or amoral. But the show whitewashed Michael in season 2 and now he's dead so, what are you going to do? He did way worse stuff than Raf but nobody remembers that. Raf deserves better.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, AudienceofOne said:

He confessed and did his time to provide a good example for his children. I can't think of a thing Raf has done that has been either greedy or amoral. But the show whitewashed Michael in season 2 and now he's dead so, what are you going to do? He did way worse stuff than Raf but nobody remembers that. Raf deserves better.

PREACH!!!! ????????✊?✊??????? lol 

On 21/02/2017 at 1:05 AM, Lady Calypso said:

It also doesn't help that we've skipped three years, jumped right into the separation, and this is a major problem we're seeing with them. 

This is my one issue with the time jump, actually. Mostly it's working but I couldn't exactly be interested in Xo and Ro reconciling over a falling out they had in Offscreenville that I only found out about one episode ago. His conversation with Alba would have worked better as well if we saw this descent she talked about. Instead, we're just being told about it. But it's a small gripe.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, AudienceofOne said:

This is my one issue with the time jump, actually. Mostly it's working but I couldn't exactly be interested in Xo and Ro reconciling over a falling out they had in Offscreenville that I only found out about one episode ago. His conversation with Alba would have worked better as well if we saw this descent she talked about. Instead, we're just being told about it. But it's a small gripe.

Completely agree. They should've stayed mad at each other for a little longer before having that family conversation. To me it just felt like they had another stupid, small fight.

Their fights seem repetitive to me and I have no interest in them. 

• Love 1

Ok, I know this sounds dumb and maybe I'm just projecting right now, but this is the second episode in a row where it seems like they've hired a guy that looks a lot like Brett Dier. Now it's Rafael's Prison Buddy that I swore was Brett for a split second. I think that I'm going crazy here. 

I think you have something here. I'm guessing the prior episode it was the clown? But I'm having trouble thinking of a reason he would be incognito for THREE years, letting Jane suffer (and not having those kids they wanted). But something's odd.

Can't stand Chuck and don't understand why confident, in charge Petra would like him. Am bored with that storyline.

Not only would Jane have already known how contracts are designed in publishing, but Rogelio would know that quitting a show (and a hit one, at that) means a breach of contract action. I'm hoping he goes back to the show and rehabilitates Xo's reputation on it.

5 hours ago, smartymarty said:

I think you have something here. I'm guessing the prior episode it was the clown? But I'm having trouble thinking of a reason he would be incognito for THREE years, letting Jane suffer (and not having those kids they wanted). But something's odd.

Interesring, I didn't think the pirate or Raf's buddy looked like Michael beyond generic similarities.