Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: All About Jinger

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

53 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Jinger gets ready to move to Texas and gets a surprise gift from her siblings, who take a stroll down memory lane to recall the highlights of their sister's life.

Sounds like Jinger died or something.

Also, how many life highlights could she possibly have had by now? Because obviously, none are worth mentioning for a woman til she's married and popping out babies....

(Apologies if not supposed to comment yet.)

• Love 14
46 minutes ago, PinkyCupcake said:

''So if Jinger were a vegetable, what would she be''

Can't. wait.

If it's a day she loaded up on the self-tanner, carrot or sweet potato would be easy answers.

• Love 9

LOL, sorry, I'm laughing my head off about what we have to all watch that defines the "highlights" of Jinger's life? Day after day, barefoot at home, learning how to apply raccoon eye make up and performing the art of the "eye-roll"... anything else I'm missing from Jinger's amazing, experienced life?  How does her childhood warrant a national tv episode for an audience all of whose life highlights likely would be more interesting than this dim girl's?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Cauliflower? Turnip? 

Duggars probably haven't heard of those, though, I'd guess. 

Lol, I was going to say that would actually be funny to watch them try and come up with something. 

Producer: If Jinger were a vegetable, which vegetable would she be?"

Sinner Twin: "Uhhh....ketchup?"

• Love 14

Okay, so I went back through the episode titles and seriously, what hasn't been about her for pretty much forever?

Ten bucks says this is nothing but recycled clips from all those other Jabe/Binger episodes strung together and trotted out like they're new news.

Not that I'm going to watch to find out, as my Duggar Giveashit broke down a looong time ago.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Ten bucks says this is nothing but recycled clips from all those other Jabe/Binger episodes strung together and trotted out like they're new news.

I will also wager that we'll see plenty of Dullard and Seewald courtship and wedding flashbacks. It can't be all about Jinger, because Muffy and Princess Prickly Pear won't be liking that.

Jinger is a good Pee-ann-ist.  They botch every single word! And the explanation about the blender, why not say the proper name "immersion blender"? Then Jeremy may have realized how it works. Ya, I was going to comment on her non cowboy boots and his non cowboy hat. How long has Jeremy lived in TX to NOT KNOW what those are!? Come on Babe!!!

• Love 1

A couple of random thoughts about tonight's snooze fest . . .

I chuckled when Jinger exclaimed that the back of her new car is so big, "You could sleep back there. Why, you could put a mattress in there!". Those two crazy kids need to get a room.

During the flashback footage of Jinger taking engagement photos for Derrick and Jilly-Muffin, it became startlingly apparent how drastic Derrick's appearance has changed. In a very short time, he's transformed from healthy and fresh faced, to haggard and whitered. Something is very wrong.

• Love 7

Later.  It's a choice between Jinger and Westminster Dog Show.  The dogs win every time, tho I hear Jinger took with her a deer head, the only Duggar to have brought down a deer.  She hit it with a car, I hear.  Well, the herding group should be coming up soon, and my dogs are herding dogs, for the last 20 years anyway.  Down to one, but he is the best.

• Love 6

Ummmmm....who are these 'friends' of yours that you asked for photography advice from, Jinge?

I would be 100% claustrofuckinphobic in the back seat of that car. 

Anyone surprised there were car troubles (albeit minor) along the way? //rollseyes//

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 2

WHERE ARE YOU HEADED JINGER!! she keeps saying he has the same goal blah blah and never explains what she wants to do lol

I found this flashback more tolerable than the other ones. They could eliminate every other Duggar aside from Jessa ad Bin and they would still have a show. the other duggars literally add nothing to the show. Its boring.

jessa is really carrying this. Boob better get her a bigger house

I don't know whats wrong with me tonight but I really want to see more of Jinger and Jeremys life in laredo

Also, the deer thing is kind of hilarious. So random. Poor deer tho. Being murdered then hung on the wall

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 6

It was hilarious to see Jed's little head poking out from under all the junk in the back of the car.  What a miserable 17 hour ride that must have been for him, pinned down under a ton of stuff.  

There was a flashback of Jessa on a plane reading a magazine.  Anyone see what magazine?  It had to be either People or In Touch or some other Duggar-centric magazine.

How does Jinger like her coffee? Most of them answered hot. 

Yeah, that gave me a giggle.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 2

OhHAI Pastor Caldwell. I hear you have a daughter that's been spotted with Joe Duggar A LOT over the past few months. He's the pastor of the church that the Duggars migrated to after the breakdown of the homechurch. 

• Love 1

With the name announcement, it was interesting that TLC broke from their own video, dubbed in the name, then went back to the original TLC video. 

eta: Duggars prove yet again that they can't maintain cars with computers. FIrst, Pastor Caldwell, then the failure to reset a sensor. I hope their car breaks down posthaste, just out of spite of the fake Duggar "mechanics."

Edited by Sew Sumi

Jinger, your mention of Jeremy's grad school was sketchy. You don't get a finance degree in the one year that he was at Syaracuse. As a fellow grad school dropout, I sniffed that one out immediately. 

Apologies for the stream of consciousness commentary. Like Jinger, I am a chronic eye roller, and eyes were rolled a lot tonight. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

I don't know whats wrong with me tonight but I really want to see more of Jinger and Jeremys life in laredo

Also, the deer thing is kind of hilarious. So random. Poor deer tho. Being murdered then hung on the wall

Jinger and Jeremy are actually pretty cute together as a couple. The deer named Rufus was funny and showed that not all Duggar spawn are completely devoid of personality. It sucks that she ran the poor thing over, but there's not much you can do when they dart out in the road. Both my sister and I have hid deer before. Hers died and mine just sort of bounced off the side of the car and ran into the woods.

The boys giving Jinger a car was a very generous wedding gift, even if they bought it on the cheap at auction. I guess now we know who the favorite sister is.

I can't help but notice how disconnected Jill seems to everyone and everything. Other than ordering Jana to make a packing list, she seemed like she was barely hearing what her sisters were saying.

Joy's unenthusiastic remarks about love doesn't bode well for someone who was already in a courtship at that point. I think she has absolutely zero interest in dating or marriage and has little physical or emotional attraction to Austin. She's in this purely because Daddy told her it was the right thing to do and she's not one to question anything. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7

Jinger seems to be the most universally liked sister.  The siblings all got subtle digs in while "praising" the other girls--Jill the Prison Snitch and Jessa the Chaingang Warden.  Nothing negative or underhanded thrown in.  The only problem is that I don't know if it's because she's really easy to get along with or just really boring.

Why did Jeremy have to fly to Arkansas just to drive back to Texas with Jinger?  I get that it's  a cute story for the show but he was taking up valuable space that could have been utilized for stuff, rather than making poor Jedidiah contort his way into a spot in the back.

• Love 6

I was disappointed that I did not hear, "Out of the 19 Duggar kids, Jinger is the only one that's left handed."  I got the city, the coffee, the photography but no left handedness.  You are slipping, Duggars!

• Love 7

I'm still trying to figure out how a 780mile trip took 17 & 1/2  HOURS.   For real??  That makes zero sense.  It was Arkansas to Texas FFS.   Not like they had LA traffic to sit in for part of it.  Who the hell can sit in a car for that long???  Poor Jed! 

• Love 4

Quick little questions...

1)  Since they made it a big deal, now I'm curious - what make of car (suv) was it ?

2) where did Jinger and J-brother sleep during their visit ? Did J-brother sit up all night with his shotgun making sure no "touchy-feely" happened ?

3) To quote a phrase from the '70s and 'Forrest Gump" - just when did Jeremy find Jesus ? Jinger recited his "bio" like she studied it for a speech. Jeremy went to a 4 year college (majored in something), then went to grad school for economics, then played professional soccer for x-years, and now is a minister. Just what happened during his soccer career - was he:

• cut
  • career ending injury
  • no team picked up him during free agency
  • retired out due to old age (i'm not sure how long soccer players do their sport and new college kids come in faster/better each year)
  • last, but a doubtful choice - he wanted to leave the sport while at the top of his game (ie won championship)

Sure would like to be a fly on the wall when J&J are watching tv when the daily stock exchange news comes on . TLC should have asked "what is the Dow Jones" ?

Edited by sATL
16 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I'm still trying to figure out how a 780mile trip took 17 & 1/2  HOURS.   For real??  That makes zero sense.  It was Arkansas to Texas FFS.   Not like they had LA traffic to sit in for part of it.  Who the hell can sit in a car for that long???  Poor Jed! 

Check my math.... does that come out to 45 mph (780 / 17) ? I was just getting ready to mapquest it myself.

11 hours ago, Calibabydolly said:

And the explanation about the blender, why not say the proper name "immersion blender"? Then Jeremy may have realized how it works.

I thought when Jeremy's grandma was teaching Jinger how to cook "Italian", Jinger said she didn't know how to cook but wanted to learn. Or maybe she meant that she didn't know how to cook Italian food. I'm surprised she knew what an immersion blender was, or ever used one, much less brought one from home.

That is one tiny apartment. Doesn't Jeremy have any soccer money?

9 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Me, too. I think they are a gorgeous couple. Flaky as hell, but gorgeous. Jinger is the only one that looks different from the rest of the stepford family. She looks like her mama, who could have been a beautiful woman once upon a time, until her decision to make it her life's goal to churn out babies until god decided that the baby making machine was closed for business. The rest of them take after daddy.    

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4

I wish Jeremy would encourage Jinger (on the down low) to get a complete make-over.  She's such a pretty girl, but that black eyeliner and no-style hair doesn't do a thing for her.  If she toned down the eye makeup and got a more flattering hairstyle she'd be stunning.  I think they're so sweet together. 

I hope they wait a year or two before cranking out babies.  I think they'll enjoy it just being the two of them, being able to take off whenever they want and having fun. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Evagirl said:

I wish Jeremy would encourage Jinger (on the down low) to get a complete make-over.  

It looks to me like Jeremy thinks Jinger is just perfect the way she is. Which is sweet but I get what you mean about a makeover. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

Too funny!  I actually broke out the calculator app on my phone after posting and came up with 42.8 mpg.  However, I calculated it using the 17.5 hours they say it took them. 

These people are ridiculous

17hrDrive.thumb.jpg.44cd7f1c5eefba346bb437cf29d608a9.jpg

• Love 1