Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Fake Out

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, poopchute said:

I think it's sweet that someone at MTV thinks Jenelle or Leah's children will go to college but they have complete morons for parents who I am sure do not emphasize the importance of higher education.  I know it's possible to value an education even if you have parents with limited intellectual abilities or parents who don't model good behaviors or parents who don't teach the importance of school from an early age but I just don't see it with these folks.

I know, right? I can see Aubree, Isaac and Lincoln going to college. Kaiser and Jace will need the funds for bail money and Gracie will need her trust fund to support the family of four she'll have by sixteen.

• Love 15
17 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

This fits Leah, Kail, and Jenelle's lives. They shit on the previous guy while making the new guy sound like their hero. They constantly behave like victims. They expect a guy to rescue them from their misery.

I definitely see it with Jenelle, and Leah to some extent. Kail hops from one man to the next, but she's no victim. And I don't even think she sees herself as a victim. She's too independent for that. She never feels enough for any of these dudes to be hurt by them.

4 hours ago, poopchute said:

I think it's sweet that someone at MTV thinks Jenelle or Leah's children will go to college but they have complete morons for parents who I am sure do not emphasize the importance of higher education.  I know it's possible to value an education even if you have parents with limited intellectual abilities or parents who don't model good behaviors or parents who don't teach the importance of school from an early age but I just don't see it with these folks

Well, college isn't for everyone. But even to have some starting out money for their first car or first home wouldn't be a bad thing. But yea, I doubt most of these women will teach them how to be wise with their money. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Well, college isn't for everyone. But even to have some starting out money for their first car or first home wouldn't be a bad thing. But yea, I doubt most of these women will teach them how to be wise with their money. 

You mean their security deposit on a rental, or their down payment for that first Beamer lease at 16 years old. That's what they're learning now. 

• Love 5

I think Kailyn plays up the victim status from time to time. Such as her acting out when MTV wants to film. She acts as if MTV is invading her private life when in reality she signed up for this show. Her minions from her Twitter page will run to her defense.  She mentioned feeling as if she was ganged up on when she was on the reunion show and Drew asked her about her being hypocritical towards Vee. Kail wasn't having it and stomped out of there. She used it to her benefit by allowing a source to tell their story about what went down. Kail claimed MTV lied to her about what she could discuss and not discuss and was pissed that MTV lied to her. Another way she plays up the victim card is when she yells she is overwhelmed and stressed. She certainly lied about being a victim of DV.  She acted like a victim when she found out she wasn't allowed to buy a home in Delaware until a judge decided. She balled her eyes out over that shit.

I know Kail is no victim and her life choices are hers alone. I have no sympathy for her, but Kail does expect sympathy and she does love the attention she gets from people especially when Kail is feeling upset about something she has control over.

• Love 7

Oh Kail can definitely play the victim. I guess I just meant I don't see her doing it with men, in the same way Jenelle or Leah would. Like - "Oh thank heavens you are here, David, to save me from the big, bad Nathan". Kail doesn't need saving by no man. She may trash her old dude, but it's just not the same as with the other two. I'm not saying this in a complimentary way. I just think Kail would find herself above needing saving by a man. 

• Love 5

College funds and trust funds are different things. MTV doesn't create trusts for the kids, they created college funds. It was reported in that book and confirmed by Randy in the post somewhere in this thread.

Amber had to create a trust, she said she made a college fund and that MTV didn't do it automatically, you had that option, but they did. The kids have college funds funded in part by MTV. Chelsea probably puts extra away for Aubree, but I seriously doubt any of the others do. The parents are paid for their participation, as far as we know, no extra is paid to the kids in trust. 

I think we may be discussing semantics now. A college fund is a type of trust, but it is a specific legal account that can only be dispersed in a certain manner. I hope all of the kids go to college or trade school, have a secure and rewarding future, and do it outside of reality television while thumbing their noses at their parents who will still be trying to make money in front of any camera they can get in front of instead of holding down a job. Those of us who have had good jobs know how rewarding it is, and it is unfortunate that some of these parents don't want that experience for themselves.

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I definitely see it with Jenelle, and Leah to some extent. Kail hops from one man to the next, but she's no victim. And I don't even think she sees herself as a victim. She's too independent for that. She never feels enough for any of these dudes to be hurt by them.

So a college fund can be used for anything? That is disappointing.

Right. Randy posted college fund.

Gary confirmed the children do get paid for their appearance. He mentioned putting that money aside for Leah's future. Cory said he earns enough and doesn't need to expose Remi to the cameras for money.

6 hours ago, ChocolateAddict said:

Kail is an independent woman who don't need no man except when she wants their benefits or to dump her children on someone else.  Yep, she's doing it all on her own!

LOL

She had children without the benefit of any guy. She has her current home without the benefit of any guy. She paid for her first child's crib and all his needs with her own money. No help from mom or the Riveras. She did it all by her damn self.

• Love 3

Just now watching the episode, and damn, I was upset at Grandma Sandy and her dramatics! Now it is obvious where Leah gets it from. Literally moving pickup from 12:30 to 3 is different from "chasing down a deadbeat dad." Does Leah ever stop and think about how her no stop whining looks to her own castmates? Pretty sure Adam and Andrew are a liiiiiittle worse than Jeremy...

Also, I do not like to fat shame at all, but Kail, girl, I hardly recognize you compared to the first few seasons of the show!!! I know she is going through a divorce and school, but I think she is using these as reasons to live a seriously unhealthy lifestyle. I have a similar build to Kail, and if I ever got that puffy / wide I would be very concerned and evaluate my life choices ASAP. I absolutely hate when people call others fat and go on and on about their "health" like they're a doctor, when really they just care about looks. However, this is not how I feel about Kail. Her face looks like she's been stung by bees all over, and her boobs are so saggy, blending in with her love handles. People of our build don't look like this unless the lifestyle tips very, very far in a bad direction.

When I see pictures of the girls from the early seasons, I can hardly believe how much she has changed! It's not aging, like Leah, it's just extreme bodily neglect. I thought she was the natural beauty of the group at the beginning, with the tall, not-waiflike frame and long blonde hair. Leah looks old, Chelsea looks better in the way that most of my friends do after college / maturing / healthier lifestyle, and Jenelle looks closest to the same, but more polished IMO. 

• Love 5

Also, I do not like to fat shame at all, but Kail, girl, I hardly recognize you compared to the first few seasons of the show!!! I know she is going through a divorce and school, but I think she is using these as reasons to live a seriously unhealthy lifestyle.

Kail mentioned on last night's episode she was going to order pizza. She has been shown eating some questionable food choices for someone who went to the trouble of having plastic surgery.

Kail has made it worse by adding about 50 pounds of ass and 20 pounds of tits to her frame. She went to Miami and had her fat sucked out, but she looks so much heavier than she did last season. I will guesstimate she has gained at least 20 pounds. She looks like she is over-doing it with the botox and the bee sting injections for her lips.

Kail has no qualms about making fun of people's looks, weight, hair, and their ethnicity. At least my comments are solely for the benefit of my snarking enjoyment here.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 6

Starbucks twice a day (or more) will do that to a girl. She mentions eating out at restaurants or fast food all the time. She tweeted no more fast food one day, and later the same week she was eating somewhere else again.  She doesn't work out. She would Tweet about it if she did. Did she put her cell phone down at all this last episode?

• Love 4

Laws don't apply to Kail. Not tax laws, motor vehicle laws, custody orders, and certainly not laws of physics and nutrition. She looks at herself on Snapchat and sees a model worthy of a swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated, and she does it all while eating pizza and drinking beer. She's a Goddess and the rest of us will never understand the perfection that is Kail. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Kail has made it worse by adding about 50 pounds of ass and 20 pounds of tits to her frame. She went to Miami and had her fat sucked out, but she looks so much heavier than she did last season. I will guesstimate she has gained at least 20 pounds. She looks like she is over-doing it with the botox and the bee sting injections for her lips.

I was wondering if that was why she was wearing the hat in last night's episode. Her face and lips looked swollen and puffy, like she'd just had fresh injections done and didn't want it to be obvious.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I was wondering if that was why she was wearing the hat in last night's episode. Her face and lips looked swollen and puffy, like she'd just had fresh injections done and didn't want it to be obvious.

Her overall look is swollen and puffy. She is beginning to look like the Michelin tire man.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Her overall look is swollen and puffy. She is beginning to look like the Michelin tire man.

She does. I'm reluctant to expand on that because I know kailyn struggled with eating disorders when she was younger. I'll just say it's healthiest for everyone to focus on wholesome foods and limit sugar.
The ass is fake so it's fair game - Why would one desire an ass the size of Russia? Then to go through great lengths to achieve that thing. Dang. It literally looks like she put a basketball in her pants. She probably knocks things over, much like a labrador wagging it's tail with no regard for people/household decor. 

Edited by iheartla
I cna't speel &* grammir
  • Love 16
37 minutes ago, iheartla said:

She does. I'm reluctant to expand on that because I know kailyn struggled with eating disorders when she was younger. I'll just say it's healthiest for everyone to focus on wholesome foods and limit sugar.
The ass is fake so it's fair game - Why would one desire an ass the size of Russia? Then to go through great lengths to achieve that thing. Dang. It literally looks like she put a basketball in her pants. She probably knocks things over, much like a labrador wagging it's tail with no regard for people/household decor. 

Thank you for the best laugh I've had in days! Sure glad I wasn't enjoying a beverage! I bet it did take her some time to learn to move around with that thing. Wonder if she had to lower the seat in her car? Or, if she's sitting next to you on the couch if she's like a foot higher than you?

• Love 6
On 2/21/2017 at 9:47 AM, BitterApple said:

I know, right? I can see Aubree, Isaac and Lincoln going to college. Kaiser and Jace will need the funds for bail money and Gracie will need her trust fund to support the family of four she'll have by sixteen.

Ali seems smart. I could see her going to college if her health keeps up, except that neither of her parents seem to emphasize intellect or education (though maybe Corey does and we don't see it). I know several folks with muscular dystrophy with master's degrees.

That is, if both girls don't end up pregnant at 14. 

• Love 7

As for Kail, she does look unhealthy. Feel weird saying much about it because I looked puffy and wide like that after several years of extreme depression, work stress and poor health choices. And I also have a history with eating disorders and so does Kail...People with that history can tend towards any kind of disordered eating when they're older, both too much and too little. All the surgery plus the comfort eating are looking addictive. I wish somebody would sit her down (all the girls) and say stop getting surgery, stop dating 50 people, stop bouncing from business to business, stop vacationing, stop shopping, stop buying animals, stop having more kids, just go to school or get a job and chill for a while and see who you become. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

No wonder Karl hated Javi's truck. She could barely get Mother Russia to fit in the seat. 

Exactly. She needs a quad cab - or maybe to just be flung in the back like a Hefty bag on the way to the dump. 

I love the term Mother Russia. Her ass will never be known by anything else, ever again. I wonder if we can somehow work that into her threat title? 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Exactly. She needs a quad cab - or maybe to just be flung in the back like a Hefty bag on the way to the dump. 

I love the term Mother Russia. Her ass will never be known by anything else, ever again. I wonder if we can somehow work that into her threat title? 

Flung in the back like a Hefty bag...LMAO

I'm gonna message you about that.

13 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

As for Kail, she does look unhealthy. Feel weird saying much about it because I looked puffy and wide like that after several years of extreme depression, work stress and poor health choices. And I also have a history with eating disorders and so does Kail...People with that history can tend towards any kind of disordered eating when they're older, both too much and too little. All the surgery plus the comfort eating are looking addictive. I wish somebody would sit her down (all the girls) and say stop getting surgery, stop dating 50 people, stop bouncing from business to business, stop vacationing, stop shopping, stop buying animals, stop having more kids, just go to school or get a job and chill for a while and see who you become. 

Well, we know now Karl is not suffering from depression.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 1

I would LOVE for someone to ask each girl (on camera, of course) what their plans are when the show gets cancelled...How do they plan to support themselves.  Except for Chelsea, it doesn't look like any of these girls have planned for or even thought of that inevitability, they just keep buying SUVs, boobs and other assorted body parts, and drugs.  Is Chelsea the only one with a job or even job skills? I know Fail is allegedly about to graduate from college, but I seriously doubt she could hold a job for any length of time before her attitude gets her fired.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Jenelle has her medical career. 

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Did she finish the training? Is she certified/licensed?  I only remember her complaining that the assault with freshly made ice water charge would hurt her chances of getting a job (yeah, that's the reason). I don't remember ever seeing her actually trying to get a job, but I had only been sporadically watching.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

IS this show going to end? At this point, I really wonder. 

At some point (maybe fifteen-twenty years from now), their fertility won't be what it was & they won't be able to keep having "save the show/get a new season oopsie babies"....maybe that will stop it? 

Nah, then they'll probably just show the kids getting knocked up and getting their girlfriends knocked up....

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

At some point (maybe fifteen-twenty years from now), their fertility won't be what it was & they won't be able to keep having "save the show/get a new season oopsie babies"....maybe that will stop it? 

Nah, then they'll probably just show the kids getting knocked up and getting their girlfriends knocked up....

It won't even take that long. Gracie is what, like 7 years old now. Leah is on track to be a grandmother in about 7-8 years.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Did she finish the training? Is she certified/licensed?  I only remember her complaining that the assault with freshly made ice water charge would hurt her chances of getting a job (yeah, that's the reason). I don't remember ever seeing her actually trying to get a job, but I had only been sporadically watching.  

She finished the course but I don't think she ever bothered to get licensed. Her next big plan was to go back and become a surgical tech. Then she met Uncle Creepy and decided getting knocked up again was a better idea.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I would LOVE for someone to ask each girl (on camera, of course) what their plans are when the show gets cancelled...How do they plan to support themselves.  Except for Chelsea, it doesn't look like any of these girls have planned for or even thought of that inevitability, they just keep buying SUVs, boobs and other assorted body parts, and drugs.  Is Chelsea the only one with a job or even job skills? I know Fail is allegedly about to graduate from college, but I seriously doubt she could hold a job for any length of time before her attitude gets her fired.

I can't remember the last time we saw Chelsea working?  I don't think she does anymore and I think even when she did it was very part-time.

But Cole seems to have a regular, steady job, which about half the guys on this franchise seem to have - Jeremy, Cole, Corey?

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I can't remember the last time we saw Chelsea working?  I don't think she does anymore and I think even when she did it was very part-time.

But Cole seems to have a regular, steady job, which about half the guys on this franchise seem to have - Jeremy, Cole, Corey?

I think the spa gig went by the wayside a long time ago. I never thought she was serious about it anyway. She needed the semblance of having a career so she rented the room and worked one or two days a week. Now that she has Cole she'll probably stay home permanently. Jeremy, Cole, Corey and Javi are the only ones who have full time jobs. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

She finished school and then when it was time to go job searching, she was struck down with 3492078907 illnesses that couldn't be diagnosed. She even went on the tv show The Doctors to find out what was wrong with her. No one could determine. She was eventually diagnosed with Bullshititis.

• Love 11

Being a SAHM isn't my thing but I respect the choice. Chelsea seems like a great SAHM.  You have to do what is personally fulfilling and meaningful.  I can't knock her for picking SAHM over waxing pubes.  I would too. Unlike Kail who is focused on her "brand" - Chelsea's brand is her family. 

They can easily live off Cole's income without much of a change in lifestyle.  Except for the LV and the Range Rover, she doesn't seem that extravagant.  A $1200 purse or two when you earn $250k+ isn't unreasonable. 

• Love 15

Exactly. If you are going to be a SAHP (parent), it should be because you can afford to be one and you are going to do the job that entails being a SAHP. Leah's life of a SAHM is a joke.  Chelsea does cook, she is active in the things Aubree participates in such as sports. She does give attention to her child and she certainly puts her child's needs first. She rarely takes time off for herself. Those vacations to Randy's cabin were usually a family trip or to celebrate Father's Day. Chelsea took that one vacation last year or two years ago with Cole. She hasn't taken all kinds of vacations to "de-stress".  Cole has his job and they obviously are content with living their lives with him working and Chelsea being at home. That doesn't mean her money isn't working for her. For all we know, Randy may have invested her money into some property or other interests.

One thing I wanted to point out about Cole. In all this time he has been on the show, I have never heard him say anything about Adumb. I don't follow these people on their social media, but it doesn't seem like Cole has ever posted anything about Adumb either going by what others have posted here about Chelsea's social media sites. The guy can hawk, sell, push product or whatever it is everyone else is doing. I have no fucks to give about that only because he has kept himself from doing what others have done on this show - bashed the parent of the child they are the step-parent to.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 15

Kazu, you're right. Cole doesn't talk about Adumb. In fact, it's now to the point where Chelsea takes her convo with her buddy into another room. She really seems to be doing her best to keep it away from Aubs and her man. I really respect how he handles that situation. He doesn't need to talk about Adumb. Talk is cheap. Look at his actions. He is there every day loving and supporting those girls. That, right there, says it all. 

• Love 7

Right. I have no problem with Cole and Chelsea talking shit in private away from the Aubree. Adult conversations should be away from children. I have not heard Cole say a word about Adumb.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

I think the spa gig went by the wayside a long time ago. I never thought she was serious about it anyway. She needed the semblance of having a career so she rented the room and worked one or two days a week. Now that she has Cole she'll probably stay home permanently. Jeremy, Cole, Corey and Javi are the only ones who have full time jobs. 

She was still working at the spa as of a year ago, likely part time.  A friend of mine travels the Sioux Falls area twice a month for work and she frequents it.   Chelsea picked a profession where she can easily work around kid school schedules and potentially take time off with less issues than in a corporate role.  Of course, the MTV money coming in now allows her more flexibility than most.

Cole's with the local/state government as I recall, likely not leaving that gig to write a book, flip homes, or sit on his ass. 

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, snarts said:

Cole's with the local/state government as I recall, likely not leaving that gig to write a book, flip homes, or sit on his ass. 

I didn't know that. That might explain his reluctance to appear on film so much, especially anything that is high drama. 

3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I didn't know that. That might explain his reluctance to appear on film so much, especially anything that is high drama. 

Remember the conversations about him being a traffic control specialist? Some speculated he is the guy who fixes the traffic signals. Some speculated he had a college degree while others didn't.

All I know is, the guy knows how to build things. He built a shelf for Chelsea's closet. I posted the photo on her thread. He built his child's crib. He has a job. I think he will continue with his job and doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who is interested with doing some of the same things some of the cast members do.

Has he ever been part of a dad's special? I don't think he has.

• Love 10

Jenelle went to school to be a medical assistant, when you graduate with that certificate you *can* be hired with just that, but most people get certified, and most employers prefer certified. To get certified all you do is take a test after you graduate.  My understanding is that she graduated, but either failed or didn't bother to get certified... which makes her schooling pretty pointless. I did that degree before I went back to school to be a RN (I kinda decided I wanted to be a nurse on a whim, so I did medical assisting first so I could know if I really wanted to work in the medical field without the time/money of going to nursing school) I actually got a job right out of school before I was certified, and I got that on just based on being a MA, with no conditions that I become certified, but I chose to get certified so when I did I just had a higher title and got a raise. But, I think my situation was an anomaly, I think now days it's much harder to get a job without being certified.

• Love 7

Yeah, I'm not convinced Jenelle could get past the interview process.  It might be scheduled on the same day as a Kei$ha or Miley Cyrus concert (or the morning after), or on a day she has to appear in court for her charge of the month.  Plus who'd watch Kaiser and the new baby (Endor?, Enson? Ensley?..whatever -poor thing)?  Maybe, with any luck, Marissa and Jace have been taking enough mental notes on how NOT to parent, that they can raise Kaiser and the baby or at least help them develop coping mechanisms.  

• Love 3

Now that she has Cole she'll probably stay home permanently. Jeremy, Cole, Corey and Javi are the only ones who have full time jobs. 

Not sure what is wrong with being home permanently. I would kill to be home all day long. I missed a lot of my kids' lives due to working. I missed special school events that took place in the morning or afternoon. I missed some awards event when my kids were students of the month. I couldn't always take them to practice when they played sports. I was lucky when they had games on the weekends. But, if they played during the week, I was shit out of luck. My husband and I both work. My kids are adults now, but damn I would love to have been at home for the most part.

Cole works, but someone has to run the house. It doesn't run itself. I know, I do that job on top of my other full-time job. Being at home is a full-time job. Someone has to hold down the fort, tend to the bills, grocery shop, plan the menu, cook, clean, organize the household, wash clothes, care for the pets, do all the things that need tending to. Then there is taking a child to school, picking them up, helping them with their homework, helping them with school projects, taking that child to practice for whatever sport they are in, attending school functions and taking that child to their appointments.

• Love 5

Someone definitely does have to run the house, or it has to be divided between family members. I'll never stop working-- not my thing, I'd hate to be a SAHP. But some people have a knack for it. Seems like Chelsea would enjoy it a lot. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 4