Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Fake Out

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Leah receives some surprise news from Ali's doctor about Aleeah; Jenelle thinks Nathan is trying to win her back and David isn't having it; and Kailyn and Isaac start school, but the added pressure causes strife between Jo and Vee.

• Love 1

Jenelle thinks Nathan is trying to win her back and David isn't having it

LOL yeah right about Nathan wanting her back.

Leah receives some surprise news from Ali's doctor about Aleeah

If Ali is getting worse, that ain't no surprise.

38 minutes ago, ChocolateAddict said:

Is it terrible that I can't remember which twin is Aleeah? They both have such silly names that defy the logic of spelling and include some form of "Leah" in them.  

Oh shoot. I just reread it after reading your comment and I realized it reads Leah gets news about Aleeah. Aleeah  is Gracie, the cook of the household. I thought it was news about Ali. Those damn names are fucking with me. I used to be so confused by their names, and just when I had them figured out, I was thrown for a loop. Damnit!

Oh oh. Why would Ali's doctor have news about her sister?

ETA: This has to be it (see page 2). Gracie had her teeth pulled due to an infection. I remember when this Instagram photo was posted here. We speculated all the sweets, soda, and Gatorade were the reason Gracie's teeth and gums were infected: http://www.wetpaint.com/leah-messer-ali-hospital-sleep-study-1515538/

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6

Has anyone watched the sneak peek with Jo and Vee?

Sneak Peek Jo & Vee Discuss Custody

Spoiler

I don't think Vee is too happy with Kailyn, lately. We've seen them make up from past arguments and differences, but in this clip, Vee is throwing kail under the bus "she's so busy with her vacations..." I LOVED IT. I wonder if Kailyn knows about that conversation. I think Vee is so over everyone tip toeing around the hulk that she feels your man, Jo, is being treated unfairly as a father. He SHOULD get 50/50, they live close by and he's a great father.

Proud of Vee.

• Love 15

I am so glad Javi, Jo, and Vee are working hard at making things run smoothly. Jo could have really laid into Javi for his atrocious behavior last year. Instead, it is about moving forward and making the best of the situation. 

I like how Jo and Vee can communicate their feelings to one another without their voices becoming loud and not taking offense at what is being said. Jo is determined not to rock the boat. Vee is offering her concerns to Jo and giving her thoughts on what may need to happen in the future. I love how they communicate. 

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I am so glad Javi, Jo, and Vee are working hard at making things run smoothly. Jo could have really laid into Javi for his atrocious behavior last year. Instead, it is about moving forward and making the best of the situation. 

I was very impressed with how calm and level-headed Jo was with Javi last episode, considering the crap Kail and Javi pulled on him before. I think Jo is able to work through it because, other then being mature, he moved on to some WAAAAY better then Kail and he knows it. He's got a beautiful, sweet fiancé, two gorgeous children, and a serene, happy life. Really, he's gotten the last laugh on Javi when you think about it. I'm sure he thanks his lucky stars that he didn't do something stupid like marry Kail and have another kid. We all know, between Jo and Javi, who made out better in the end. :)

• Love 18
30 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I was very impressed with how calm and level-headed Jo was with Javi last episode, considering the crap Kail and Javi pulled on him before. I think Jo is able to work through it because, other then being mature, he moved on to some WAAAAY better then Kail and he knows it. He's got a beautiful, sweet fiancé, two gorgeous children, and a serene, happy life. Really, he's gotten the last laugh on Javi when you think about it. I'm sure he thanks his lucky stars that he didn't do something stupid like marry Kail and have another kid. We all know, between Jo and Javi, who made out better in the end. :)

Absolutely. All the leased BMWs, iced lattes, and Pinterest inspired decor cannot mask the ugliness, coldness, and unhappiness that lingers at Casa Hulk. Isaac would rather be spending time with Javi or Jo. 

• Love 24
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Oh shoot. I just reread it after reading your comment and I realized it reads Leah gets news about Aleeah. Aleeah  is Gracie, the cook of the household. I thought it was news about Ali. Those damn names are fucking with me. I used to be so confused by their names, and just when I had them figured out, I was thrown for a loop. Damnit!

ETA: This has to be it (see page 2). Gracie had her teeth pulled due to an infection. I remember when this Instagram photo was posted here. We speculated all the sweets, soda, and Gatorade were the reason Gracie's teeth and gums were infected: http://www.wetpaint.com/leah-messer-ali-hospital-sleep-study-1515538/

Maybe that is part of it?  I forgot about that.  There is also a sneak peek on mtv.com, I think someone posted the link already.  I'll spoiler tag:

Spoiler

Leah says the doctors want to test Aleeah for MD.  She thought they already had but no.  Ali's doctors want to do a blood test so Gracie gets to go with them to Ali's next appointment.  She said it was because both Leah and Corey carry the gene.  That was the gist of the clip, anyway.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I like how Jo and Vee can communicate their feelings to one another without their voices becoming loud and not taking offense at what is being said. Jo is determined not to rock the boat. Vee is offering her concerns to Jo and giving her thoughts on what may need to happen in the future. I love how they communicate. 

This. If I had to bet money on which TM2 relationship will make it, it's this one! Jo and Vee are both mature and levelheaded, and seem to have realistic expectations for life. They've been through some tough things, and always seem to come out stronger. Though I like Chelsea, her relationship doesn't strike me as one that has experienced real life, and I'd have to see more of Corey and Miranda to really have an opinion. They're only ever on for a couple minutes at a time, and they're usually just answering producer questions. All the other relationships...not a chance!

• Love 5

I'm with Vee.  Jo seems to have Isaac 50% of the time at the moment so there should be a conversation about making that official.  It's not even about child support but about having the current informal agreement made permanent, it should be recognised that Jo is taking care of Isaac half the time.  And Vee isn't saying, let's jump in the car and go to court but rather that it should be floated as an idea although I'm sure that Kail would hate it.   

Their current agreement IIRC is that Kail has full custody.  Well over the last year she has been doing 50/50 with Jo so I agree with Vee that it should be a topic for discussion. 

That said, I can also see where Jo is coming from.  If Kail wants, she can change the situation and go back to the strict minimum amount of time that Jo gets because she is a controlling cow.  She's been a manipulative bitch for years now and there is no reason to believe that it's going to change anytime soon. 

• Love 18

If it is a preview, it is not spoiler.  We don't have to use spoiler tags.

I hope Jo listens to Vee.  Kail is being generous and easy-going with the visitation right now because she has a man she wants to schmang and needs the kids out of the house/Home Good.  Kid #1 needs to go somewhere while Kid #2 is gone; however, Kail is insane and will shift her mood the moment she decides she is not okay with Jo letting Isaac see Javi.  She's scary and unstable.  The moment you're not helping her or get in the way of her mission, you're an enemy.  Does Jo not remember the Sunday afternoon after his daughter's birth that he had the nerve to wear Sweatpants in her presence?  Do not trust Kail!

Gracie and Addie will probably get lots of MD carrier tests through the years as the technology improves.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 14

All Kail cares about is getting her daily dose of Vitamin D.  Her boys are secondary.  She is quickly sliding into Jailnail territory. Believe me when I say, Kail, that when you  actually grow up and realize there are more important things than big peni and sex?  You will so look back and regret this.  You will.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Trace said:

All Kail cares about is getting her daily dose of Vitamin D.  Her boys are secondary.  She is quickly sliding into Jailnail territory. Believe me when I say, Kail, that when you  actually grow up and realize there are more important things than big peni and sex?  You will so look back and regret this.  You will.

I think she is already there on Jenelle level. The only difference is, Kail hasn't spent one day in jail for crimes of DV.

• Love 7

I agree that Vee made a really good point. Since they are all getting along, and Kail has her new dick/vacations/school at the moment and needs them right now, this would be the time to ask Kail to change custody to 50/50. I know Jo doesn't want to rock the boat, but waiting for things to go south isn't the best plan. Waiting for Kail to been in full Hulk mode and then trying to get her to agree to something? He should know how that will end. 

• Love 12

Jo is enjoying the fact he can have Isaac at will, as he told Vee. Jo is holding the cards.  Kail is obviously being agreeable because she knows she needs Jo and Vee more than ever. I know that Vee is seeing right through Kail, including most of us. We know that history can repeat itself and rear its ugly head. He also knows she is going through a divorce. Things are too sensitive right now to bring the topic up and Kail is all over the place with her emotions. He may want to wait and see what Javi and Lincoln's custody schedule will be. Jo is adamant about keeping Javi and Lincoln in the picture. It may help him to know what will be the best as far as the kids' visitation schedules is concerned. Kail is also still in college. That is a temporary situation. Jo is likely wanting to wait until she graduates before springing the idea of changing the custody schedule. Who knows what her life will be like after college, what job she may get, what her work schedule will be like, etc.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Jo is enjoying the fact he can have Isaac at will, as he told Vee. Jo is holding the cards.  Kail is obviously being agreeable because she knows she needs Jo and Vee more than ever. I know that Vee is seeing right through Kail, including most of us. We know that history can repeat itself and rear its ugly head. He also knows she is going through a divorce. Things are too sensitive right now to bring the topic up and Kail is all over the place with her emotions. He may want to wait and see what Javi and Lincoln's custody schedule will be. Jo is adamant about keeping Javi and Lincoln in the picture. It may help him to know what will be the best as far as the kids' visitation schedules is concerned. Kail is also still in college. That is a temporary situation. Jo is likely wanting to wait until she graduates before springing the idea of changing the custody schedule. Who knows what her life will be like after college, what job she may get, what her work schedule will be like, etc.

Jo is a sweet summer child.  He thinks he is holding cards - but he ain't holding shit.

It's like Election Night.  Fell asleep thinking Hillary won --- but woke up to learn that Trump won.

• Love 10

"Aint holding shit"???  He is the biological father of Isaac.  He holds some cards, come on.  I used to hate Jo. Not anymore.  He is a better parent and more focused on Isaac these days.  Kail is very obviously in the phase that all teenage parents eventually go through, meaning:  "I have to make up for all I missed out on when I decided to get knocked up at 16".   Bitch please.  Me and millions of other people have zero sympathy for you.  We don't follow you on twitter or what the fuck ever and all we concern ourselves with is Isaac.  Not your dick of the week.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I know that Vee is seeing right through Kail, including most of us.

I hope Vee might be seeing it for what it is, too.  She's in a tough place.  She might know the legal aspect where Joe wouldn't because his parents were together.  Kail wouldn't because her dad wasn't involved.

The court would look at Kail calling Jo to 'take up her slack' as she can't handle primary responsibility anymore.  Jo is available to 'take up the slack'.  Therefore, Jo is the parent in the best position to be primary.  Kail would be better off to call the neighbor but she calls Jo.  It seems like the right thing to do but the court sees it as you can't fulfill your commitment to your time.

I think Vee knows this.  And she doesn't want to step on anyone's toes but, she gets burned too when it all goes to shit again.  

• Love 9

I think Vee, like most of us here, knows what a temperamental , petty, hypocritical piece of work Kail is and is waiting for the other shoe to drop. Maybe Isaac will be a little to enthusiastic to go to their house, maybe he'll have too much fun one day with Javi and Jo, or maybe he'll commit the Cardinal Sin of calling Vee his other mommy. And the next thing you know, Kail will be on the war path, accusing everyone of everything and taking them all to court. It's happened before in the not to recent past, and imo Kail hasn't really changed. Vee IS in a tough place because she loves Isaac and Jo and will have to pick up the emotional pieces if things go sour.

• Love 20
14 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I saw in the previews that they wanna get Aleeah tested for the muscular dystrophy bc it's genetic - like Ali got it bc both Corey and Leah are carriers of the gene - so they wanna see if Aleeah will develop it later in life, since the onset of MD is sometimes later on, during early adulthood. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Christina87 said:

This. If I had to bet money on which TM2 relationship will make it, it's this one! Jo and Vee are both mature and levelheaded, and seem to have realistic expectations for life. They've been through some tough things, and always seem to come out stronger. Though I like Chelsea, her relationship doesn't strike me as one that has experienced real life, and I'd have to see more of Corey and Miranda to really have an opinion. They're only ever on for a couple minutes at a time, and they're usually just answering producer questions. All the other relationships...not a chance!

Is it wrong that I want to see how Cole and Chelsea would be if they went through real life together where they were one paycheck away from the lights being turned out. Would they be so overly adorable with each other? 

I love my husband a lot but with a mortgage, car payments, and three kids to feed life gets In the way of cutesy wootsy and I've SEEN how real we can get. 

Am I making sense? Lol. 

• Love 19
13 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

AHAHHAHAHHHHAHHHAHHHAHA. Oh Kazu, I can always count on you for a laugh! Oh god, for a second there, I mean (wipes tears)...whew!

Wait...are you serious? Can we turn this into a game and guess? After college, my prediction is she spends two years pitching stupid show ideas to MTV as starring vehicles for herself ("What if we went back to doing one of those "X of Love" shows, like the Bachelorette, only starring me? No? Ok, how about a reality show about my brand? What do you mean, 'what brand,' my brand of life! No? Reality show about my night life in Dover? Yeah, I know I have kids, there's still nightlife! How about I host the VMAs? Ok, how about I do the red carpet for the MTV Movie awards? Ok, how about I blog about my experiences on the MTV site? Ok, I guess just contact my publicist for the details, should I email my first post to someone there? Ok, they'll email me? #dreamscometrue, am I right? #gotmydegree! #NotABasicBihAnymore!"

Then she begins the descent down the reality TV inferno, immediately passing places like "Dancing with the Stars" and landing stops like "Celebrity Therapy," then "Botched," then "Celebrity Apprentice with host Steve Gutenberg," then "Celebrity Karaoke", "Celebrity Worst Cooks In America." Then it's "Where are the now, and we'll be sad for her and her children. By then, she'll be over 30 with no real job experience, having exhausted her fame entirely, and she'll be living off of "hopefully" decent investments. 

7 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

I saw in the previews that they wanna get Aleeah tested for the muscular dystrophy bc it's genetic - like Ali got it bc both Corey and Leah are carriers of the gene - so they wanna see if Aleeah will develop it later in life, since the onset of MD is sometimes later on, during early adulthood. 

Please no, I can't take any more darkness from that story.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

oh geez! I hope not!  I thought they were testing her to see if she had the gene for the possibility of passing it on to her own child.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Calm81 said:

Is it wrong that I want to see how Cole and Chelsea would be if they went through real life together where they were one paycheck away from the lights being turned out. Would they be so overly adorable with each other? 

I love my husband a lot but with a mortgage, car payments, and three kids to feed life gets In the way of cutesy wootsy and I've SEEN how real we can get. 

Am I making sense? Lol. 

I gotta say, I was a little envious when Chelsea was dropping Aubree off and picking her up from school.  How I would love to be able to do that.  It just seems like the most wonderful thing, to have your whole afternoon free to pick up your child from school and then go to the park or do whatever it is you want to do with her.  Sigh.  These girls are so lucky that they don't have to work real jobs right now.  I think most of them are idiots for having no future plan for employment but Chelsea seems to have planned for that at least. The rest of them are fucked.

• Love 13

AHAHHAHAHHHHAHHHAHHHAHA. Oh Kazu, I can always count on you for a laugh! Oh god, for a second there, I mean (wipes tears)...whew!

Wait...are you serious? Can we turn this into a game and guess? After college, my prediction is she spends two years pitching stupid show ideas to MTV as starring vehicles for herself ("What if we went back to doing one of those "X of Love" shows, like the Bachelorette, only starring me? No? Ok, how about a reality show about my brand? What do you mean, 'what brand,' my brand of life! No? Reality show about my night life in Dover? Yeah, I know I have kids, there's still nightlife! How about I host the VMAs? Ok, how about I do the red carpet for the MTV Movie awards? Ok, how about I blog about my experiences on the MTV site? Ok, I guess just contact my publicist for the details, should I email my first post to someone there? Ok, they'll email me? #dreamscometrue, am I right? #gotmydegree! #NotABasicBihAnymore!"

lol  Well, I was being a bit facetious but yes, I was also serious. Seriously, who knows what life will be like after Karl graduates. I mean, she always has a plan! Just what those plans are, who knows. She has this guy in her life and she seems to be wanting to please his needs (her needs too) before putting the needs of her boys first. Kail wants to steal Nessa's job just like she stole the flat screen and apparently is trying to keep the house from Javi.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

oh geez! I hope not!  I thought they were testing her to see if she had the gene for the possibility of passing it on to her own child.  

no. if both her parents are carriers of MD and her sister has it, Aleeah is most definitely a carrier and has a chance of passing it on to her child. the question is whether or not she, herself, will develop the disease later in life. 

• Love 6

I posted in Leah's thread that they all needed to take a breath and not have more children so fast without genetic counseling. I couldn't believe Corey had a child so quickly with Miranda, and of course Leah couldn't wait to give Germy a baby. If my child has a disease that is that hard to diagnose? I'm scared to death that it could happen again. 

• Love 17
7 hours ago, poopchute said:

I gotta say, I was a little envious when Chelsea was dropping Aubree off and picking her up from school.  How I would love to be able to do that.  It just seems like the most wonderful thing, to have your whole afternoon free to pick up your child from school and then go to the park or do whatever it is you want to do with her.  Sigh.  These girls are so lucky that they don't have to work real jobs right now.  I think most of them are idiots for having no future plan for employment but Chelsea seems to have planned for that at least. The rest of them are fucked.

Me too! When Chelsea took Aubree to tee ball a couple episodes back, her sister's kid Braylee was in the car with them. I think it would be so interesting to know how her sister really feels about this whole thing. They were teen moms (or maybe age 20...eye roll) about a year apart, and her sister's had the experience without the fame, money, husband, vacations (even if you just count reunions), and freedom from having to work a real job. If I were her, I would be GREEN with envy!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I posted in Leah's thread that they all needed to take a breath and not have more children so fast without genetic counseling. I couldn't believe Corey had a child so quickly with Miranda, and of course Leah couldn't wait to give Germy a baby. If my child has a disease that is that hard to diagnose? I'm scared to death that it could happen again. 

For some reason, I thought Cory and Leah did have some sort of genetic testing years ago. I also thought whatever was found out, they were both carriers. One having children with another wouldn't be a problem. Not sure if I read this on TWoP or if it was mentioned on the show. Who knows. I may be totally wrong.

13 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Me too! When Chelsea took Aubree to tee ball a couple episodes back, her sister's kid Braylee was in the car with them. I think it would be so interesting to know how her sister really feels about this whole thing. They were teen moms (or maybe age 20...eye roll) about a year apart, and her sister's had the experience without the fame, money, husband, vacations (even if you just count reunions), and freedom from having to work a real job. If I were her, I would be GREEN with envy!

Chelsea has three older sisters. I seem to remember a blog of her older sister where she talked about their close-knit family. No negative feelings whatsoever. Here is her older sister's Twitter page: https://twitter.com/MSchnellRDH

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

no. if both her parents are carriers of MD and her sister has it, Aleeah is most definitely a carrier and has a chance of passing it on to her child. the question is whether or not she, herself, will develop the disease later in life. 

Actually, if it's a single-gene recessive, she has a 66% chance of being a carrier, and a 33% chance of being completely in the clear.  Adderall has a 50% chance of carrying the gene.  If Ali managed to have a child, that child would definitely be a carrier.  I suspect the genes are rare enough that it was just very bad luck that Corey and Leah had kids.  Are they related at all?  

Hi, former biologist here!  <waves>

• Love 17
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

Why bother to get genetic testing? They completely disregard the direct medical advice of the top specialist for MD in the US.

This right here^^^

Leah has no cares about her own health or the health of her child. I've seen dogs eat better than her children. Ali has MS and needs to be eating nutritious meals. She is not put in her wheelchair, no helmet in sight, and she is given the green light to dictate whether she will wear a life jacket in a pool when she can barely swim.

Damn these idiots.

• Love 11
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:04 PM, Fosca said:

Actually, if it's a single-gene recessive, she has a 66% chance of being a carrier, and a 33% chance of being completely in the clear.  Adderall has a 50% chance of carrying the gene.  If Ali managed to have a child, that child would definitely be a carrier.  I suspect the genes are rare enough that it was just very bad luck that Corey and Leah had kids.  Are they related at all?  

Hi, former biologist here!  <waves>

Thanks for the information.  I first saw this on Facebook and wading through Leah's fans posts is exhausting to put it mildly.

On 2/10/2017 at 7:40 AM, Calm81 said:

Am I making sense? Lol. 

Yes, because unlike the other girls, Chelsea has not been extravagant with her money, changing houses all the time, buying houses she can't afford, buying different and multiple cars, etc. I would bet my head that Cole would never quit his job to lay back and collect MTV checks. Also, I am pretty certain that Randylicious has helped her invest that money wisely. Her biggest splurges have been a Louis Vuitton bag and Pete the Pig and they like to go to concerts.

• Love 11

Seems Leah has been watching Supernanny.  

The song and dance Janelle is doing to make sure UBT knows that she's texting Nathan strictly about Kaiser is unnerving.  Does David expect for these parents to never speak to each other? Is he that scared of losing his meal ticket?

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 17

What a difference, Jo and Kail going together for the first day of 1st grade and Shit head can't make it to Aubree's. 

And what kind of shit was Uncle Creeper saying that  Jenelle and Nathan don't need to talk about things about Kaiser. Stfu asshole he is not your kid and they do need to talk about stuff about Kai. What a controlling dick.

Love seeing Lois Griffin. And love seeing that Chelsea still has friends and they are the same ones. Compared to Jenelle who has no friends, Leah only has family and Kail has her latest dicks friends.

I loved Nathan burning off after dropping off Kaiser and not wanting to talk to Uncle Creeper. 

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Seems Leah has been watching Supernanny.  

The song and dance Janelle is doing to make sure UBT knows that she's texting Nathan strictly about Kaiser is unnerving.  Does David expect for these parents to never speak to each other? Is he that scared of losing his meal ticket?

Right? She said something like "you know, you read see our messages" I was like what?! He checks your messages, too?! 

When Leah asked the girls if they liked their bus I seriously thought she asked if they lick their boss and had to rewind it and listen extra close again. 

Guess Kail is still not wanting to be filmed during this "trying time." Haha Thank goodness! That makes the episode a whole lot better. Let's replace her permanently with Jo. 

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

Love seeing Lois Griffin. And love seeing that Chelsea still has friends and they are the same ones. Compared to Jenelle who has no friends, Leah only has family and Kail has her latest dicks friends.

She claimed on twitter either today or yesterday that she's had the same friends since the beginning. Whatever Kail. 

• Love 4

Leah should really write down what the doctor is saying to her. She always seems Hella confused when she has to relay the information to someone else.  Both her and Corey have selective hearing regarding Ali's condition. They pick out the best parts and cast aside the hurtful parts. I get it, but no way is that helpful.

For all the ragging I do on her, I couldn't imagine having a sick child and wanting nothing more than to believe she'll get better.

Seeing Jo with Isaac, I just realized we've never seen anyone scoop Jace up and smother him in kisses and cuddles. Sad face.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 19