Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Fake Out

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

Someone definitely does have to run the house, or it has to be divided between family members. I'll never stop working-- not my thing, I'd hate to be a SAHP. But some people have a knack for it. Seems like Chelsea would enjoy it a lot. 

Yes I think Chelsea would enjoy and thrive at being a SAHM. She would be the type that would try new recipes, organize, be a room mother, a Girl Scout troop leader- that kind of thing.  If that works for her and Cole that's great. Being that type of SAHP, is vastly different than someone like Leah, who's "home" but not running the home. Just kind of "there". 

• Love 8

Idk, I think Chelsea is a good mom but nothing I've seen from her thus far leads me to believe she's some sort of domestic goddess. During that scene last year where Aubree was pitching a fit over brushing her teeth, there were heaps of clothing piled up and down the staircase and we don't see her do much besides lounge on the couch. I don't think she's anywhere near as lazy as Leah but I wouldn't describe her as a hard worker either.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Idk, I think Chelsea is a good mom but nothing I've seen from her thus far leads me to believe she's some sort of domestic goddess. During that scene last year where Aubree was pitching a fit over brushing her teeth, there were heaps of clothing piled up and down the staircase and we don't see her do much besides lounge on the couch. I don't think she's anywhere near as lazy as Leah but I wouldn't describe her as a hard worker either.

I agree, I certainly don't think she's the type to work very hard at much of anything. She has a lot of good qualities but a strong work ethic has never seemed to be one of them. She's never seemed passionate about much except her children and now her husband (which is definitely most important, of course, but to me has always made her a little boring in that she seems to have no outside interests or hobbies, social causes she follows, things she does for her, books or art or sports she especially likes...). 

I think she enjoys being a full time mom, though, and will do lots of activities with the kids and be devoted to them. Nothing wrong with the kids being able to enjoy that. I do hope she volunteers with or without them or involves them in the community in some way. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 6

there were heaps of clothing piled up and down the staircase

But she keeps a clean car. lol

I have heaps of clothing in my bedroom right now. I will wash and put clothes in the dryer. After that, it may take days for them to find themselves in the closets and drawers. Eventually, my husband will put them away if I don't get to them.

Watching Aubree clean house shows me that Chelsea is about cleaning house. Maybe not every single day, but it is something she does and it may have been instilled early on with her. I remember when I was 7 years old and Saturdays was all about doing a lot of housework including cleaning the bathrooms. I then instilled that with my kids when they were young. Only one of my kids is a daily clean freak while the others save all the major housecleaning for the weekend. There is no one way to clean and not everyone does it every single day. At least when I see Chelsea's home, it is pretty decent and I can relate to the piles of clothing.  I love how clean Kail's home is whenever I see it on screen. In fact, Kail herself had moments where a pile of clothing was shown in her room. There are photos she posts and it seems she is not about cleaning all the time. I cannot relate to Leah's filthy home and car.

Not only that, but she whipped a Walmart carrot cake out of a Walmart bag for her daughter's seventh birthday. I'm kind of surprised that she didn't at least bake a cake from a mix if she is some kind of domestic goddess. Anyway, I think for the most part she would do a good job of being a SAHM, but I wish she would just admit it. She seems to cling to the career woman image she has cultivated, and I think she wants people to assume she's working as long as possible. She probably wants to project the imagine of a supermom like Clare Huxtable, who was a lawyer but seemed to be around the house 100% of the time on her show. There seems to be a lot of evasiveness and shadiness where there never was before with her. Not that she owes us anything but...get off the show if you don't want us to know anything!

PS. I am definitely not above being jealous of SAHM's! I work, but my house is 100% immaculate at all times. There is no such thing as not folding laundry, emptying the dishwasher, or cooking a prepackaged meal in my house. I suppose getting married and having a baby would be good first steps towards being a SAHM, but I sooooo hope I can when that day comes!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 5

I'm kind of surprised that she didn't at least bake a cake from a mix if she is some kind of domestic goddess.

Who said she was a domestic goddess? lol

Ever since I stayed home while allowing my business to bring in an income, I have never made a cake. I used to back in the days when I worked full-time. I gave away my cake mixer because it is just easier to buy a cake. Being a SAHM doesn't mean one must whip up dinner or dessert from scratch on a daily basis. At least not in my world it doesn't mean that.

I think she wants people to assume she's working as long as possible.

I think people have assumed that on their own. What little we see of Chelsea, there is a lot left to our imaginations.

At least I can look at Chelsea and not get the feeling that I get with the likes of Leah who does nothing but claims she is stressed all the fucking time. The only thing Chelsea ever mentions being upset about is Adumb not giving their daughter enough attention.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Anyway, I think for the most part she would do a good job of being a SAHM, but I wish she would just admit it. She seems to cling to the career woman image she has cultivated, and I think she wants people to assume she's working as long as possible.

Has she really tried to cultivate that image, though? I mean, yes, she was filmed more then a year ago having worked at the spa, but I never once got anything from her over the years that she had any burning interest in a career. She certainly isn't like Kail and her almighty Bachelor's Degree or Jenelle and her big deal about "saving lives". She has always been super causal about working and furthering her education/credentials. It has been pretty obvious for a while that she most likely doesn't work. I'll be honest, I do wonder sometimes what her life would look like if she hadn't had MTV and Randy doling out money for her all these years, since she has been so used to financial security her whole life. What is even crazier to me, though, is how the other three are just as afraid of real jobs considering they grew up way below Chelsea in socioeconomic terms. Kail had some work ethic for a while but that went away with the fame. The other two have never had a care in the world. Boggles my mind.

17 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Ever since I stayed home while allowing my business to bring in an income, I have never made a cake. I used to back in the days when I worked full-time. I gave away my cake mixer because it is just easier to buy a cake. Being a SAHM doesn't mean one must whip up dinner or dessert from scratch on a daily basis. At least not in my world it doesn't mean that.

I'm terrible at baking, every time a try the simplest box cake or cookies come out crappy. I sit to buying from one of the better supermarket bakeries in my area.

Someone posted Aubree's cake from her main Birthday party and it was gorgeous.

• Love 3

I don't know a single SAHP besides my own mom and some much older folks from church so I didn't know how common it was until recently when I looked up the stats. People still do it quite often--I thought it was far rarer.

Of course, it's a lot easier to do when you have MTV and social media $ rolling in...and Chelsea's family was always well off. Maybe in a different situation she'd have developed more gumption and not taken years and years to get a GED and graduate, but it's still great she did it even if she doesn't use it forever. Lots of people would love to be in her shoes.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Has she really tried to cultivate that image, though? I mean, yes, she was filmed more then a year ago having worked at the spa, but I never once got anything from her over the years that she had any burning interest in a career. She certainly isn't like Kail and her almighty Bachelor's Degree or Jenelle and her big deal about "saving lives". She has always been super causal about working and furthering her education/credentials. It has been pretty obvious for a while that she most likely doesn't work. I'll be honest, I do wonder sometimes what her life would look like if she hadn't had MTV and Randy doling out money for her all these years, since she has been so used to financial security her whole life. What is even crazier to me, though, is how the other three are just as afraid of real jobs considering they grew up way below Chelsea in socioeconomic terms. Kail had some work ethic for a while but that went away with the fame. The other two have never had a care in the world. Boggles my mind.

I'm terrible at baking, every time a try the simplest box cake or cookies come out crappy. I sit to buying from one of the better supermarket bakeries in my area.

Someone posted Aubree's cake from her main Birthday party and it was gorgeous.

And the supermarket bakeries have some pretty awesome cakes. Way back in the days I used to sell cakes for events. I once made a cake for a church event. I got so many compliments. So many people asked me to make a sheet of cake for fundraisers and other events. Not anymore. So done with that and happy to just be able to buy a cake or have one made by this local bakery who happen to make cakes for tv show events. They made one for Queen Latifah's birthday when she had her talk show.

I agree with the rest of your post.

Yes, Chelsea should be cut from the show. In fact, this show should be put to rest and let these heifers go on with their lives and what is left of their money.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Someone definitely does have to run the house, or it has to be divided between family members. I'll never stop working-- not my thing, I'd hate to be a SAHP. But some people have a knack for it. Seems like Chelsea would enjoy it a lot. 

Same.  Being a SAHM is totally not my thing but I have mad respect for people who do.  It's not easy.  I think Chelsea would be great at it.  Leah on the other hand?  Yeah, we all know how well she juggles. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

In fairness to Leah though, Chelsea doesn't have three kids, including one with a degenerative disease. 

Can someone remind Leah of that fact? Miss Messer can't bother to care for her sick child or put her in her motorized wheelchair. Unless she takes her to the doctor or needs it to get sympathy from the airlines and fans.

In fairness to Chelsea, Leah only has her kids about 30 percent of the time.. I am being generous there. We know Leah dumps them with the relatives, friends, exes family, neighbors, Walmart employees, and in the holler to walk around by themselves. When she does have her kids, she is taking naps as they fend for themselves.

Chelsea has Aubree for the most part unless she is spending two days with her grandparents.

Maybe in a different situation she'd have developed more gumption and not taken years and years to get a GED and graduate,

LOL

Don't take this personal, but I notice this is the same thing that keeps getting referenced from time to time. If I have to go back seven years to find something on any cast member, I think it is a good thing. These cast members usually do shit on a weekly and we don't have to go back so far. By the way, it didn't take her years to complete her GED, unless you were being facetious? : )  It isn't as if it took her going to prison to complete it. 

As we watch the other girls' egos growing to massive size, I enjoy watching Chelsea's scenes dribble down to just a few minutes of drama-free life. It is such a contrast and it mirrors what is happening in their personal lives. Kail's life has become topsy-turvy and her constant need to be seen as some celebrity as she splurges her money is seen on the show and in her personal life away from the show. Compare that to Chelsea who is being less intimate and showing a lot less as she keeps her personal life to a minimum on the show and on her social pages.

It is rather pointless to have her on the show considering what the show has become

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 6
(edited)

Leah has a sick child, but so did Chelsea for a short time. Aubree was a preemie. Chelsea gave birth five weeks before her due date. Aubree was in the hospital for ten days. Chelsea was there by her side all the time and even stayed overnight at the hospital as she pumped breast milk.

Chelsea has also had to deal with Adumb who wasn't pulling his weight. It was Chelsea's choice to have chosen him as her partner and create a child with him, however, she swallowed that bitter pill and slowly moved forward over the years. Chelsea's priority has always been Aubree.

Leah dumped her kids  - a sign of what was to come - with Cory after giving birth two weeks prior. She got into an argument with Cory who didn't want her to go out to some high school game.  She ended up going with her friends to game. As if Leah was interested in the game. She was there to look for Robbie.

Leah used all her resources available to leave her children any chance she could get for her own selfish needs.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6