Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E13: If These Woods Could Talk

• Start Topic

I agree with Phaedra about women not calling each other whores, sluts, THOTs and so on. There are enough men willing to try to keep us down that way that we don't need to be doing it to ourselves. I just hate that this sensible thought came from a woman who subjected us to almost a whole season of "Kenya Moore whore."

When I first heard Sheree was coming back I was happy. Somehow I forgot how messy she is. And not just her runteldat and meddling, but trying to pass it off as encouraging healthy honesty. Her hysteria about the dirty water just made her look even more stupid.

I'm living for Kandi this season, but that purple dress with the tiny cups she wears in her THs has got to go.

I question Marlo's taste level.

11 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I didn't feel sorry for Kenya when Marlo made that comment about Kenya's mother.  Kenya says nasty shit about and to other people all the time.  Why should Kenya be immune?

It's not that Kenya should be immune, it's that two wrongs don't make a right. Plus, it's not like she killed Marlo's puppy. Kenya didn't invite Marlo to a couple of parties. You handle that by saying "I was hurt," not by trying to gut her like a fish.

I was impressed by the way Kenya handled the situation. That is, I would be if I believed any of this was actually real.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, queenjen said:

Absolutely not. Not even close. She allows the gossip sites to claim she's divorced, but she's not. She filed some papers where she deliberately misspelled Apollo's (and her) surname, they got thrown out. As an attorney, this cannot have been an accident. For some reason, she wants people to think she's divorcing him, but she's holding off. The whole situation stinks to high heaven. 

Wonder if Phaedra got advance word of Apollo's  girlfriend, and decided to, shall we say, "prolong" the divorce as long as possible to irritate both Apollo and his arm candy.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Wonder if Phaedra got advance word of Apollo's  girlfriend, and decided to, shall we say, "prolong" the divorce as long as possible to irritate both Apollo and his arm candy.

She stated on WWHL that it is Apollo who is prolonging the divorce.  She is aware of his "fiance" but he is holding out for more money and he has also blocked her from selling the old house they use to live in

• Love 8

Phaedra was on WWHL last night and mentioned that Apollo had recently texted her.  A caller wanted to know how he's texting and she offered to show Andy the text.  I'm with that caller---what kind of jail is this that allows prisoners free rein on Twitter??

I just remembered something that made me LOL.  When the, "Is Kandi a lesbian?" scene was playing out, after Sheree confronted Porsha, Cynthia goes, "Well, talk about a dramatic turn!" and I just lost it.  I love me some Phaedra & Porsha jibes but Cynthia is stealth funny when she wants to be.

Edited by absolutqt
Adding more stuff
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

This cracked me up too!

Marlo with all her ridiculous outfits and bedazzled bug spray was so over the top. Then she hiked back to the cabins so she did not have to stay in the tents. I still use a tent when I go to wine camp.

Sheree's overreaction to lake water was a bit much. I grew up on Lake Michigan and love kayaking and paddle boarding, so I guess I am used to it. Now I am on the other side of Lake Michigan. Though Lake Michigan is a big lake and I have no idea what lake they were on, but I am sure Sheree would have been fine in her paddle boat and not gotten a yeast infection. Seriously a yeast infection Sheree?

I know I am at my table for one with liking give no fucks Kandi. Porsha and her I do not remember/who said Kandi was a lesbian act can leave anytime now. Also Phaedra who was really thirsty during that whole exchange. This franchise using gay as an insult makes me mad. Have they ever been called on it?

Also, people if you want something to stay quiet do not talk about it around Sheree! She is the shit stirrer of the group. She will tell everyone. You know if she went to Kandi and asked her about the rumors privately once Kandi answered, Sheree would have been back tell Phaedra and Porsha what she said.

You're not.    a.  so what?  b.  it's not juicy.   c.  her dabble isn't a secret .     Porsha:  are you implying that I insinuated that Kandi was gay?   Me:  *sigh* yes dear.   What Sheree said meant maybe Kandi was literally hiding in a closet looking through its peephole.  What you said is the colloquial equivalent of insinuating that she was gay.   Please see so what.    All I'm doing is looking at it but I can't imagine how tiring it must be to constantly explain to Porsha what the hell she means.

11 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Can I join you? I'll even bring the Chick-fil-A...

That, and the fact that gay men mostly seem to exist as accessories and/or for the women to take pride in having a gay husband...

LMAOOOOOOO!!!  Chick-fil-a

200_s.gif

We're gonna need a bigger boat.  And more spinach dip.

11 minutes ago, Passing Strange said:

I agree with Phaedra about women not calling each other whores, sluts, THOTs and so on. There are enough men willing to try to keep us down that way that we don't need to be doing it to ourselves. I just hate that this sensible thought came from a woman who subjected us to almost a whole season of "Kenya Moore whore."

When I first heard Sheree was coming back I was happy. Somehow I forgot how messy she is. And not just her runteldat and meddling, but trying to pass it off as encouraging healthy honesty. Her hysteria about the dirty water just made her look even more stupid.

I'm living for Kandi this season, but that purple dress with the tiny cups she wears in her THs has got to go.

I question Marlo's taste level.

It's not that Kenya should be immune, it's that two wrongs don't make a right. Plus, it's not like she killed Marlo's puppy. Kenya didn't invite Marlo to a couple of parties. You handle that by saying "I was hurt," not by trying to gut her like a fish.

I was impressed by the way Kenya handled the situation. That is, I would be if I believed any of this was actually real.

This is what I don't understand.   So on the 7:09 path train recap this morning my gf and I were like ok, there's a page we missed.   I mean if not, this is really how a reasonable person reacts to not being invited to a couple parties?   They're not as close as she thought or maybe it was strictly a cast thing and production knows Marlo can't be in the room without loud and prouding her way into the shot.    Whatever it was, the reason I'm conflicted about what she said to Kenya was because you look crazy burning down a building to kill a housefly.    Keep it commensurate Marlo.   Better yet, stay home.  She's the hw version of Rice Krispie Treats, no added nutritional value whatsoever and just a little bit.    Can we "axe Marlo" to please get the fuck off my tv.   That said, Id've gone on that 3 mile trek back to base camp.   Sleeping a top twigs and shit doesn't sound sexy at all.

10 minutes ago, Aging Goth said:

Porsha wasn't upset about Kandi saying she dated Block, she was upset that Kandi implied that she slept with Block.

Lol if so.   This is umbrage taken by a woman we've seen put on a twerk show for a dude she met hours earlier.    Am I supposed to be interested that she's offended at the assumption she slept with a man she admits to having dated? If Kandi cares about that she's doing a really bad job of showing it.  She told Sheree on camera that there were women before and after Porsha and that she never told anyone that they slept together.  Porsha voiced that protest at the restaurant tasting where Sheree tried to bomb drop it and Kandi was like: 

giphy.gif

Funniest:  Thank you Steve! (said to Jason).

2nd Funniest:  Porsha bicycling her legs all the way down that bungee.   Up front Imma say I've got zip zero stingy with deneiro rights to laugh at anybody else's fear, especially since I'm newly afraid of heights so ziplining makes me shart every time I go.   But the carry on and praising Jesus for sparing your life?  It's ok to be the one who just ain't gone go.  Phaedra walked back down the stairs to get to the bottom lol.  

• Love 15
41 minutes ago, Aging Goth said:

She stated on WWHL that it is Apollo who is prolonging the divorce.  She is aware of his "fiance" but he is holding out for more money and he has also blocked her from selling the old house they use to live in

I am not disputing what you said but this is why I feel Phaedra is a big liar-Apollo had no interest in their home.:  http://www.wetpaint.com/will-apollo-nida-home-seized-825814/  The Feds have forfeiture orders on any real or personal property of Apollo's so I just find Phaedra to be full of crap.  Apollo agreed to it as part of the plea deal. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Keep it commensurate Marlo.   Better yet, stay home.  She's the hw version of Rice Krispie Treats, no added nutritional value whatsoever and just a little bit.    Can we "axe Marlo" to please get the fuck off my tv.  

Preach!  Did she really stand at the front desk upon check-in and declare that she wouldn't share a room?  AND she kept "threatening" to leave when she didn't care for the itinerary??  When she was a hanger-on from the door?  Bish, where they do that at?!

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I am not disputing what you said but this is why I feel Phaedra is a big liar-Apollo had no interest in their home.:  http://www.wetpaint.com/will-apollo-nida-home-seized-825814/  The Feds have forfeiture orders on any real or personal property of Apollo's so I just find Phaedra to be full of crap.  Apollo agreed to it as part of the plea deal. 

Phaedra did not mention the house situation, Apollo did.  She was selling the new house and have gotten a even newer one.  It is the original house that Apollo was trying to hold on to.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Can I join you? I'll even bring the Chick-fil-A...

Add a chair for me, as long as someone else is buying (I don't spend my money at Chick-fil-A, but I sure will take a chicken biscuit!).

As much as this episode was eye-roll inducing, it sure had me in stitches from beginning to end.  I'm still chuckling at Kenya asking Sheree for help with the air mattress, you know, because she has so much experience with them!  Lol!  And where is the mini episode of Marlo walking back to the cabins in the middle of the night with nothing but a bedazzled flashlight and OFF! can? And they left the entire campsite as is...the hell!  Who does that.  Poor Jason....

I can't even with Phaedra sitting there letting Porsha take all the blame.  She's showing exactly the type of friend she is.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 6

Kenya didn't invite Marlo to a couple of parties. You handle that by saying "I was hurt," not by trying to gut her like a fish.

I suppose hitting below the belt verbally is an improvement to that time she chased Nene up and down that park?

Did she really stand at the front desk upon check-in and declare that she wouldn't share a room?  AND she kept "threatening" to leave when she didn't care for the itinerary??  When she was a hanger-on from the door?

Seriously, like, tone it down a notch or three. You're not even a "Friend of" this season, to be acting like such a diva.

• Love 8

Kandi is not a lesbian. She has had quite a few well documented relationships with men, and a couple of kids. She's bisexual. At least that's my take on it.  These idiots throw words around that don't even apply. Oh, and the rumor about Kandi having a sex dungeon. Kandi's kinky, we all know that. She found a guy that likes the kink, and married him. Go have your fun, girl! 

My only problem with Kandi is that she really doesn't belong on the show anymore. She acts like she's doing a favor to be there. If she's burnt out on all the drama, she should leave.  

Please tell me my eyes were deceiving me. Previews show that Peter is back and Cynthia is with him!! No, please, please no. This has got to be for a storyline! 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Kandi is not a lesbian. She has had quite a few well documented relationships with men, and a couple of kids. She's bisexual. At least that's my take on it.  These idiots throw words around that don't even apply. Oh, and the rumor about Kandi having a sex dungeon. Kandi's kinky, we all know that. Go have your fun, girl!

Please tell me my eyes were deceiving me. Previews show that Peter is back and Cynthia is with him!! No, please, please no. This has got to be for a storyline! 

Classless women like Marlo must truly need a storyline to make themselves relevant beside Kvetchin' about everything so she goes after Kandi! WTF is this woman to ask such a thing of someone she barely knows? What kills me is Porsha acting as if she wasn't part of Phaedra and Sheree's conversation! It's like she doesn't realize everyone will see her confessionals later! What an idiot! ;-)

• Love 1
9 hours ago, queenjen said:

But when? All I saw was Porsha at the table where Sheree and Phaedra were stirring the pot, when they were supposed to have been on a filming break but were still mic'd up. this is where Phaedra makes that disgusting movement with her hands and whispers 'Shamea' about Kandi. I saw Porsha devouring the tea, but I didn't see her judge the situation. I can imagine hearing this may have thrown Porsha off guard at the time. Shamea being Porsha's bestie for 10 years or whatever. Poor Porsha was probably trying to make sense of what Phaedra was saying, why she was saying it and how best to proceed given Phaedra is Frack to her Frick and Shamea is her bestie. I feel sorry for her, but i never saw her make a judgement about the allegation. Did I miss something ?

This wasn't about the rumors regarding Shamea - this was about Porsha "implying" (aka saying) that Kandi was in the closet. That was all on Porsha. And, yes, it was meant as shade. There was no confusion, and there was no poor Porsha in that scene, it was Porsha being immature and vengeful for her friend Phaedra, and generally being, as she likes to say, "a mess box." Kandi's issue, rightfully so IMO, is that Porsha is attempting to use information of female dalliances as shade when apparently she herself messes with women all the time.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

This wasn't about the rumors regarding Shamea - this was about Porsha "implying" (aka saying) that Kandi was in the closet. That was all on Porsha. And, yes, it was meant as shade. There was no confusion, and there was no poor Porsha in that scene, it was Porsha being immature and vengeful for her friend Phaedra, and generally being, as she likes to say, "a mess box."

Porsha caught between a wall and a hard place and she looks bad; sorta like a child busted by her parents! She's flailing around saying irrational things about knowing other people's business, but they don't know hers! She's either delusional or one of the worst liars on the show; behind Phaedra Parks-Nida of course! ;-)

• Love 9

I wish Andy would call these assholes out on their homophobia, but I doubt he will because 1) it's mostly about women/lesbians (not even going to touch the biphobia) and we all know he doesn't give a fuck about women in general and 2) he is deathly afraid of a read by a Black woman, imo. 

Marlo can go to hell. I don't even know why production even allows her on their sets. She's old as hell, looks old as hell, doesn't really have much connection to the cast, and is nothing but a label whore without any real taste. Show me something she can put together stylishly without displaying a logo or tag and then talk to me about how well she dresses.

Sheree is about to lose her peach again. She brings nothing to the show, really. Most of the beefs she tries to bring up are nothing (ooh Porsha dated Block--which no one cared, and only poor simpleton Porsha cares to make into something) or are things that would be much more explosive on a reunion with questions and "put you on the spot" videos. 

Porsha can go too. She's hung on for a couple of seasons with no storyline, boyfriends who don't stick, and no good verbal jabs to keep the show moving. Now she is just abandoning her supposedly real friends (especially Shamea) to defend show associates and fakeness. Plus she's mad that supposedly Kandi implied she had sex with Block? Bitch, you laid up in the Courtyard (when you had your own rental home) with a lil boy ten years younger than you who later dips out of your house at a party you threw for him; drove a Bentley from an unnamed "African" two seasons ago; twerked for some Peruvian you met on vacay; and (in show time) are currently trying to get knocked up (in your mama's house) by a no job dude who you admit was just a side piece years ago, but we supposed to be up in arms that you may or may not have fucked someone you admit you legitimately dated? GTFOH

Speaking of fakeness, Phaedra...bye. Another one with no storyline. All the charity and politics in the world won't work for redemption on reality tv when she is shown being as unreal as they come. It seems like every third episode we have her laying low/denying something that production then pops a video in showing the truth of what she said/did. Take your fake divorce and fake struggles and go on somewhere. If she wasn't so dirty, she could've divorced Apollo from jump instead of trying to Trump her way through the family courts with fake names and such then act like a victim. She's hiding something. There's not much a convict with no funds for a good attorney and guaranteed federal withholding can do to hold up legal proceedings for multiple years. The most he could contest (since there is a prenup and very limited financial intermingling--as evidenced by her lack of federal investigation/forensic accounting) is custody/visitation, and for at least the next eight years, those wouldn't be much of an issue anyway. She's a damn liar. 

I guess if we get rid of them, we get Moose and Wig back. Ugh. Not really here for Wig and her borderline racist seeming husband, bad ass gang of children or what I'm sure will be NeNe's braying about how fabulous she is (sure she hasn't learned any humility) but I'd rather see them than the above three. Plus it will be funny to see how quickly Shiteau Sheree goes up for sale once she loses this one season paycheck and to see Porsha back on the tricking circuit before she gets old (her favorite go to dis of the other women). 

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 22

Oh my gosh let's get the fainting couches out for the sensitive belles who saw a woman twerk because obviously that makes her a whore.

Are we pretending (or just forgetting) men lie about who they sleep with? If Porsha says she didn't sleep with Block then she didn't unless he has a video or knows of a secret tattoo. The only reason Kandi's so sure Porsha slept with Block is because Block or his girl wanted Kandi to think she had. 

It's the 21st fucking century and we're still counting who/how many men folks sleep with--please stahp. 

Since when is Apollo the font of truthiness?

Whatever is going on off screen they'd better drag it into the light or drop it because the show is ridiculously boring. 

I can't wait for Sheree to get read for filth about her empty house, bad hair and terrible makeup--by someone who can actually read. Sheree strikes me as a person who doesn't want to work hard but is outraged at her lack of success. I mean she can't even be successful at grifting.  She is a typical crab in the barrel.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

This cracked me up too!

Marlo with all her ridiculous outfits and bedazzled bug spray was so over the top. Then she hiked back to the cabins so she did not have to stay in the tents. I still use a tent when I go to wine camp.

Sheree's overreaction to lake water was a bit much. I grew up on Lake Michigan and love kayaking and paddle boarding, so I guess I am used to it. Now I am on the other side of Lake Michigan. Though Lake Michigan is a big lake and I have no idea what lake they were on, but I am sure Sheree would have been fine in her paddle boat and not gotten a yeast infection. Seriously a yeast infection Sheree?

I know I am at my table for one with liking give no fucks Kandi. Porsha and her I do not remember/who said Kandi was a lesbian act can leave anytime now. Also Phaedra who was really thirsty during that whole exchange. This franchise using gay as an insult makes me mad. Have they ever been called on it?

Also, people if you want something to stay quiet do not talk about it around Sheree! She is the shit stirrer of the group. She will tell everyone. You know if she went to Kandi and asked her about the rumors privately once Kandi answered, Sheree would have been back tell Phaedra and Porsha what she said.

I am actually still on Kandi's side of this as well. For me, the insult is that she stands accused of, basically, adultery, along with Todd, because, remember the original accusation was that they were a threesome. I just found that incredibly nasty, to state, in essence, that all three were adulterers. Here you have a married couple with a baby, apparently loving one another and faithful to one another, suddenly being accused of being adulterous swingers, along with one of the friends. No bueno.

I couldn't believe that after being the original pot stirrer, Phaedra is not yet on the hot seat. She should have kept that nasty mouth closed. Phaedra definitely intended for this to be harmful, and I don't buy her stating on WWHL that she didn't know the mikes were on. Well, on second thought, her gesturing and mouthing left nothing to the imagination even had the mikes been off.

For a minute there, it seemed clueless Porsha actually did not remember what she'd said.

ETA: I'm sorry, I abhor Marlo, but I laughed out loud at the bedazzled bug spray can! Best moment of the night for me!

Edited by renatae
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

Why not?  Kenya has no problems with gutting other people.  

Kenya has made very nasty comments in her TH's about Marlo with "old white men."  Marlo should have told her that maybe Kenya should try old white men, as the young black man that's supposed to be her boyfriend leaves a lot to be desired.

• Love 11

I was most annoyed with Sheree and Marlo this episode. They just try too hard to appear bougie and, I don't know ...above what the other women do or viewers relate to, like they're putting us up on game. 

Besides that, they stay in other people's business and just always desperate for attention and a peach. The run tell dat Sheree and Marlo engaged in and shit eating grin Sheree wore at dinner while the bullshit unfolded reminded me of a woman I once worked with. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

She stated on WWHL that Apollo is contesting the divorce and that is why it has been held up.

And then Todd shows up with Apollo's "fiancee." Sheeshe. These people need to get their stories straight. None of this makes any sense. Unless, of course, we are going one step further, from "swinging" to polygamy. :eyeroll:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Oh my gosh let's get the fainting couches out for the sensitive belles who saw a woman twerk and therefore know she's a whore.

Are we pretending (or just forgetting) men lie about who they sleep with? If Porsha says she didn't sleep with Block then she didn't unless he has a video or knows of a secret tattoo. The only reason Kandi's so sure Porsha slept with Block is because Block or his girl wanted Kandi to think she had. Given the history between the two doesn't that make the most sense?

It's the 21st fucking century and we're still counting who/how many men folks sleep with--please stahp.

But whether or not they slept together was never the issue.  The issue is that any woman who's completely unreserved about showing a man she just met the crack of her ass, doesn't meet the credibility threshhold to pull off pearl clutching horror at the probability that she slept with a man she's dating.   It isn't my fault that she's too dim not to answer questions that aren't our business.    She could shoulder shrug, tell everybody she's a late blooming spring breaker and go about her day. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

But IS Porsha clutching her pearls? From the conversation with Sheree, it seemed like she was just piggy backing off of Sheree's joke. Sheree was joking about Kandi being in the closet, watching, when Porsha was with Block. And then Porsha said, "Or maybe she still is" - something to that effect. It didn't seem like she thought anything bad about it, just that the play on words was too hard to pass up. 

I think she should own it now and not act all shocked at the table. But I didn't get the impression that Porsha was all, "You slept with women??? Ew!!!!" None of them should really be talking about each other's private bedroom lives, though, that's for sure. 

I felt like all the open-mouthed stuff from Porsha was to express her surprise that people would bring up this subject, whether she was being disingenuous or not. But also to try to deflect from her own comments on the matter.  "Who, me?  I didn't say anything!" Whatever her motivation, she did shut people down earlier when they were discussing each others' private lives. This is not necessarily in defense of Porsha, just my take on her actions.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

The issue is that any woman who's completely unreserved about showing a man she just met the crack of her ass, doesn't meet the credibility threshhold to pull off pearl clutching horror at the probability that she slept with a man she's dating.  

I didn't see pearl clutching I saw someone upset that they have to defend themselves against this type of bullshit antiquated thinking. Dating and fucking aren't the same thing.

None of these women have a problem showing the viewing audience (and everyone else) their entire breast except the areola every week--sooo...shrug.

BTW Kenya please put those old girls away. Nobody wants to see that.

• Love 6

That's the thing though, she DIDN'T have to defend herself.  She could've chosen not to say a solid word because it's not our business.   Or, OR she could've chosen to say I'm a grown up so I do what I want.   When what she does choose to say is sideye-worthy, I choose, to give her the sideye.   You made it about sexuality by labelling the behavior whoreish.   For me it's still about credibility.   I'm as interested in who she sleeps with as Kandi is.

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

The issue is that any woman who's completely unreserved about showing a man she just met the crack of her ass, doesn't meet the credibility threshhold to pull off pearl clutching horror at the probability that she slept with a man she's dating.  

Oh, that pearl clutching. Gotcha!

8 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

BTW Kenya please put those old girls away. Nobody wants to see that.

I can't say how sick I am of seeing everyone's cleavage.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

Thanks!  I never watch WWHL so I appreciate the clarification.  

2 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Thanks!  I never watch WWHL so I appreciate the clarification.  

...and you would believe anything this woman says? I know I don't! Too often it seems as if she doesn't realize her every move is being recorded! Why deny something you know will blow up later; like the reunion? It should be on fire with all those "confessionals" that were so out of control! Kandi's gone all in and is taking no prisoners! She's letting it all hang out and is escalating her rants to match some of the other "mean girls!" "I ain't got time for this!" That's her motto now! '-)

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

She could've chosen not to say a solid word because it's not our business.   Or, OR she could've chosen to say I'm a grown up so I do what I want.  

I absolutely 100% agree. I don't think Porsha or anyone else on this show is intelligent enough to know this is an option or put it into practice. However I think the M2M ladies shut each other down in this way pretty often.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 4
  3 hours ago, Tara Ariano said:

Marlo couldn't look any more ridiculous glammed out in the middle of the woods! Who is she trying to impress; BEARS? ;-(

To be fair, Marlo would have managed to make herself look ridiculous had she been dressed appropriately for the occasion or not.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, absolutqt said:

Phaedra was on WWHL last night and mentioned that Apollo had recently texted her.  A caller wanted to know how he's texting and she offered to show Andy the text.  I'm with that caller---what kind of jail is this that allows prisoners free rein on Twitter??

I'm not sure if prisoners have "free rein," but Twitter and texting are two different things. Maybe he texted from his fiancee's phone?

Anyway, I disliked Marlo when she was on before. And, good grief, she made me dislike her even more in this episode. 1. She walked around the cabins saying out loud how disgusting they were, how she needed bleach wipes, etc. I can't stand that sort of behaviour. I really can't. 2. She was unnecessarily vile to Kenya (words I never thought I'd say). Oh, her feelings were hurt because Kenya didn't invite her to a couple of parties, so she feels entitled to slap her with her "my mother hates me and abandoned me when I was a child" issues? Ugh. 3. And then she walked back to those disgusting cabins in the middle of the night? Please. 4. She opened her mouth about Kandi's sexuality after Sheree (who's not innocent in that mess either) asked her not to. 5. I wouldn't "Ask Marlo" about anything on Earth concerning style, fashion, or anything else.

Phaedra's drinking wine as if it were a combination of lifeline and water-in-the-desert while Porsha was struggling under Kandi's questioning made me laugh. Not in a good way. She knows full well she was the one who (in a not-at-all-subtle way) said in so many words that Kandi was "f-ing" Shamea.

I'm still a Cynthia fan, most of the time.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

He wants her money and he wants to keep his control over her so the longer he can keep the marriage going he has control.  Went through that myself and I still married to that fool after 20 years because he continuously contests it.  That is what Apollo is doing with Phaedra.  The marriage can only be resolved quickly if both parties agree.  I truly feel he is doing this to continuously hurt her.

I feel for you. However, this isn't what happened with Phaedra. She is a lying liar who lies. She has said repeatedly that she is getting a divorce, is filing for a divorce etc, when she has done NO SUCH THING. Until recently, with the documents she filed being misspelled by HER so that the court would be forced to throw them out, Phaedra had taken no steps. She had led everyone to believe that she was and that's why it's so infuriating. It's likely that she's fed tabloids or at least hasn't corrected them when over the last couple of years they've run stories on Phaedra's divorce from Apollo. This is why Kandi and MJ and others are now questioning her. I have nothing but sympathy for women in the situation you were in and my own situation, but Phaedra hasn't been truthful. She's allowed this fiction to continue and it's now Apollo filing for divorce. Not Phaedra. Maybe this is what she wanted all along, who knows. But my issue is with Ms Parks dishonesty and her perpetuation of the 'Phaedra is filing for divorce' story. Look for receipts. Apart from the recently filed misspelled papers that were rejected, Phaedra has not filed for divorce.

• Love 8

Is "Ask Marlo" a actual thing or is she desperately trying to make it one? Does not seem to be happening either way.  The remark about Kenya's mom was really cruel.

She needs to get off the show. Or I need to stop watching.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

2nd Funniest:  Porsha bicycling her legs all the way down that bungee.   Up front Imma say I've got zip zero stingy with deneiro rights to laugh at anybody else's fear, especially since I'm newly afraid of heights so ziplining makes me shart every time I go.   But the carry on and praising Jesus for sparing your life?  It's ok to be the one who just ain't gone go.  Phaedra walked back down the stairs to get to the bottom lol.  

I was dying at that, she looked like one of those horses jumping into a tank in Atlantic City circa 1922.

Hats off to her for facing her fears, but that was hilarious.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, WordsWordsWords said:

I'm not sure if prisoners have "free rein," but Twitter and texting are two different things. Maybe he texted from his fiancee's phone?

Yeah, I know they're different but between him texting Phaedra and him ranting on Twitter, it certainly seems strange for a prisoner to have such unfettered access to electronic media.  But yeah, I guess someone could be tweeting on his behalf too.    Whatever the case, I really don't know why it's Kandi's, her miserable mother, or anyone else's business how long their divorce takes.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Jel said:

Is "Ask Marlo" a actual thing or is she desperately trying to make it one? Does not seem to be happening either way.  The remark about Kenya's mom was really cruel.

She needs to get off the show. Or I need to stop watching.

I believe Marlo is indeed desperately trying to make it a thing, and she has a series on YouTube that hasn't done so well..."Marlo's Closet". Funky Dineva has some opinions about that and about Quad's involvement in it! Marlo is really quick to take advantage of any publicity, she makes memes for example, anything  for a shot at relevancy.  Axe Marlo was one of those, I'm pretty sure it came up on my Twitter feed just after last episode aired.

http://www.funkydineva.com/marlo-fraud-fur-hampton-hips-married-to-medicines-quad-to-the-stolen-fashions/

• Love 1
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 9:06 PM, WireWrap said:

I agree! How did all this become Porsha's fault when it was Phaedra that told Sheree about Kandi?

Has anyone else but me noticed that Kandi seems to be taking all of her Phaedra aggression out on Porsha?  I don't know what it is, but when she's face to face with Phaedra, she isn't as aggressive in her conversations as she is with Porsha.  In fact, even when she had the one on one conversation with Phaedra she barely raised her voice whereas with Porsha, she immediately starts cussing and snapping Porsha's head off.  It seems the only time she hits hard at Phaedra is behind her back with her clique or in talking heads.  That's what it seems like to me anyway.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Up front Imma say I've got zip zero stingy with deneiro rights to laugh at anybody else's fear, especially since I'm newly afraid of heights so ziplining makes me shart every time I go

Are you implying that you know you're gonna shart and ... YOU STILL GO?!!

I'm also a bit fascinated by 'newly afraid'?? Whatever your heights story is, I'm more interested in it than what I saw this episode

13 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

Marlo can go to hell. I don't even know why production even allows her on their sets. She's old as hell, looks old as hell, doesn't really have much connection to the cast, and is nothing but a label whore without any real taste. Show me something she can put together stylishly without displaying a logo or tag and then talk to me about how well she dresses.

Agree totally, except age has zero to do with it: 

iris.jpg

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, swankie said:

with Phaedra she barely raised her voice whereas with Porsha, she immediately starts cussing and snapping Porsha's head off.  It seems the only time she hits hard at Phaedra is behind her back with her clique or in talking heads.  That's what it seems like to me anyway.

Table for 2. I don't get her non commensurate (thanks @ZaldamoWilder it's stuck in my head!) reaction to Porsha. I still think it has something to do with Shamea. I'd heard whispers ages ago about Kandi/Todd/Shamea, but also Kandi/Todd and Porsha too, but I 'so what'd' that back then. Phaedra is the one that I can see really hurting Kandi: their friendship that's fallen by the wayside, Phaedra telling Kandi to rein in MJ and all the spiteful comments Phaedra has made over the last couple of seasons in THs. Porsha is just Phaedra's arm candy half the time. She may be dumb as a sack of hair, but she doesn't come across as nasty, like Ms Parks. Phaedra has messed with Kandi's family and with Kandi's money (the Todd payment) and we all know Kandi's made her boundaries pretty damn clear about those subjects. So Kandi's viciousness towards Porsha seems...non commensurate to me also. Pop that bottle!

• Love 4
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 11:49 PM, queenjen said:

The previews show Kandi with bugging eyes and bulging veins threatening someone.

And she has the nerve to say Porsha needs anger management.  Instead of making light of Porsha's anger management sessions in her talking heads, Kandi needs to ask Porsha to give her the number to her counselor.  Threatening people with violence is bad also.  And this isn't the first time for Kandi.  Love it in the previews when Porsha tells Kandi something like, "I'm not into little teapots short and stout bitch!"  Lol!

On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 11:46 PM, AndySmith said:

I know I am at my table for one with liking give no fucks Kandi

Judging by the previews Kandi has many fucks to give.  If she didn't she wouldn't blow her stack that way.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 12
20 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Normally I don't care because Sheree's shit stirring can be quite fun. But I don't see why Kandi's sex life needs to be a topic of discussion. And I haven't been a fan of Kandi lately. But that's a private matter and effects no one in the group.

What I don't understand is why they are asking Kandi if she's a lesbian when Kandi has admitted to being with a woman before, but she's married to a man.  She's bisexual or bi-curious at best.  All this hoopla over nothing.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Well I read the story first published in 2014 and the footaqe was referenced as roughly three years ago-which would make Porsha 29/30 and the same year she got married.  Porsha needs to take responsibility for her words and she seems to still pray at the same altar as she did when she made the speech.

People can always change their minds or have changes of heart on certain matters.  And I don't see what this has to do with anything in the first place.  Porsha didn't put the "Kandi is a lesbian" rumor out there.  She made a joke about the closet, big deal!  It was a bad joke, but it was just that, a joke.  And even that wasn't anything slamming homosexuality.  I haven't heard one word of Porsha gay bashing on this show.  Even calling her ex husband gay.  To me, that's not gay bashing.  She didn't start those rumors.  And to me, she was just speaking out against a man that betrayed her.

On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 2:18 AM, Drumpf1737 said:

Honestly, I said over in the Married to Medicine thread that I'm actually enjoying that show more than this one now. We actually got SL there, and women who let us into their lives. Dr Jackie, Simone, Heavenly, Quad & Genise should be elevated to Atlanta Housewives!

On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 2:18 AM, Drumpf1737 said:

I liked this comment in that thread as well. I think those women are more engaging because they're not trying to be stars, but seem to do the show to bring awareness to causes they're passionate about or build real businesses. The M2M women are also a lot more articulate than the RHOA gang.

I couldn't with the homophobia. I wonder if they realize how it hurts their brands to be so judgmental and homophobic.

Wasn't Heavenly constantly calling Lisa Nicole's husband gay in an insulting way?  To me, the M2M women are just as crass and full of venom as the RHOA women are.  Their show has had fist fights, name calling and people being threatened also.

• Love 4

Judging by the previews Kandi has many fucks to give.  If she didn't she wouldn't blow her stack that way.

I wasn't the one who made the original quote, I was just agreeing with the original comment that I liked Kandi, and still do, whether or not she has fuck to give :)

• Love 3