Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Baby Fat

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

But she's fabulous because she's fat and proud and guffaws. Oh yeah and she has sex a lot. Just fabulous. The real things you and I have accomplished are nothing compared to the massive queef she blew in Todd's face. 

Regardless of the possibility of her six figure income, if the bank knows she has no job security and nothing to fall back on, they'll probably want a co-signer. Is there any reason to believe that she makes six figures? Even if she does, the show has jumped the shark. The bank knows it won't be long and she'll be relying on her fake radio job and her fake dance class. Except they're fake so she can't even claim those two things as income. 

She just needs to show 2 years worth of tax returns and be able to put down a good chunk of a down payment. I am technically paid the same way, as an independent contractor through a much bigger company (Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, etc.) and have zero job stability considering my royalties fluctuate from  month to month. It was easier buying my house than it was buying my car. 

She's probably making 6 figures. Those appearances she does most likely pay anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000 a pop. Even if she only did one every other month, that is a good chunk of change on top of her show money and anything she trademarks, like the NBS stuff. 

I agree with your first comment. There is nothing fabulous about her OR her life. 

You know, thinking of how she acts around others (especially Roy) I am starting to wonder if she doesn't have some sort of learning disorder or personality disorder besides narcissism. (No offense to any of you that do. I have ADHD myself.) I mean, she seems totally unable to read body signals, tones of voice, etc. She also seems to be ignorant of manners one usually applies in social situations. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, M.F. Luder said:

He explains that he's told Whitney multiple times that his girlfriend doesn't want to be talked about on the radio show, let alone on national TV, and that's why he wasn't giving her any details. 

This makes sense. I know it's not a popular opinion but I don't think Roy has been doing a good job of conveying his lack of interest and unavailability at all. For instance, when Whit talks about them hypothetically getting 'romantical' in his movie room and potentially getting interrupted, he says there's only one key, instead of saying, say, 'I don't want to get romantical with you,' or 'I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND.' Or when she compliments his long eyelashes and he, instead of saying thanks or whatevs, asks if she wants to touch them. I've been thinking either he's leading her on a bit or they're editing his scenes to look that way, but him strenuously avoiding mentioning the girlfriend makes sense too. 

Meanwhile, this is Roy's girlfriend, I believe. 

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

This makes sense. I know it's not a popular opinion but I don't think Roy has been doing a good job of conveying his lack of interest and unavailability at all. For instance, when Whit talks about them hypothetically getting 'romantical' in his movie room and potentially getting interrupted, he says there's only one key, instead of saying, say, 'I don't want to get romantical with you,' or 'I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND.' Or when she compliments his long eyelashes and he, instead of saying thanks or whatevs, asks if she wants to touch them. I've been thinking either he's leading her on a bit or they're editing his scenes to look that way, but him strenuously avoiding mentioning the girlfriend makes sense too. 

Or maybe he is a minor celebrity in a minor market in a dying career and is worried about being perceived as offending a narcissistic, thin skinned attention whore with a national audience that could easily hurt if not end his career that would never know or care who he was without the TLC exposure.

Edited by John M
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, John M said:

Or maybe he is a minor celebrity in a minor market in a dying career and is worried about being perceived as offending a narcissistic, thin skinned attention whore with a national audience that could easily hurt if not end his career that would never know or care who he was without the TLC exposure.

Well sure, it could be any number of motivations, certainly, that prevent him from shutting her down unequivocally. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, goodbyeglittergirl said:

In spite of everything, I still really like Whitney. I'm starting to feel really bad for her, even though I know it's her own doing. I mean, if you've sold your soul to TLC for a paycheck, and they are asking you to fake all these storylines and stuff, what do you do? She seems trapped. And I can understand - she wasn't making a ton of money until this show made her a reality star - so how do you turn your back on this? But she seems less and less happy with what she's being asked to do. I have to imagine that the Whitney we've seen would have responded to the fat shamer guy by saying "hey douchebag, I have my own TV show, so  kiss my ass!" But instead she's being asked to be hurt by it, pretend to be pregnant, push too hard on Roy at work, etc. Nothing seems genuine and she just seems trapped.

I think it would be great for her to get on something like "Dancing with the Stars" - it would jump start weight loss, she clearly does love dancing, and it would be something she could participate in outside of TLC. Honestly, she needs to begin a weight loss journey and what better place to do that than on her own TV show? It would be really relatable to watch her deal with the ups and downs of losing weight as a PCOS patient. She doesn't love her body less if she decides to get healthier.

I believe the bolded part was where everyone involved, from the producers to the stars to the viewers, was expecting and hoping this show would go.  So everything that happened after that, IMO, is her deflecting because of her food addiction and refusal to get with any kind of weight loss program or "journey".  And all of her co-stars (who may or may not be her friends and family or just hired actors) are now along for the ride.  

I happen to think that she was THRILLED to have a positive pregnancy test show up and ride it out to the end, regardless of how it actually ended. It gave her a storyline that wasn't about getting yelled at by Will or Glenn or having someone excavate food wrappers and other filth from her room or car.  Fat shame guy was a plant, and whether Whit knew about him beforehand or not, she loves to milk the sympathies of her loyal fan base.  And she honestly seems to think that Roy's interested in her!  I know it seems ludicrous, but I've known people like this before, so I believe it.  I have a friend who is absolutely sure that every day she meets someone who is after her husband.  From people at the gym to her coworkers to her daughter's (male and married) orthodontist, they "give looks" and "make comments" that let her know what they are really after :)

13 hours ago, lovetheduns said:

One of the biggest complaints on these boards and elsewhere is that the show is heavily scripted and not real. Well, the pregnancy scare was probably the most real thing that Whitney has shown (other than the ski fiasco). So what do people really want? To see heavily scripted or to see glimpses of the real? Myself, I like to see glimpses of the real. 

I don't think the scare was fake - I can't fathom that a doctor's office would also be in on a "fake," the reality is that PCOS and the havoc her body is in created the release of hormones to make a false positive - which is pretty darn rare. Now, do I think it should be cleared up earlier? Yes, I think with the power of editing that they could have done that, but did Whitney have control over that? No.

Now, would I as a person not have that in the open of TLC? Absolutely, but then again I would not be on a reality tv show. I have to think that for Whitney to allow that in she is trying to be authentic and "real" about who she is. Once it is filmed it is out of her hands. I imagine just like with the health scares last season, she was dreading this coming up (as evidenced by some of her posts) because it was emotional for her and she didn't have control over how it was presented nor could she "speak" out.

I must respectfully disagree.  Maybe she had a pregnancy test that came out positive, but when you call the doctors and make an appointment you just have to tell them that you did so.  A lot of people have remarked here that she kept it going on SM by showing her 3 pregnancy tests even after she knew the results and what was going to happen.  I would add to that that she had to SAVE those pregnancy tests, if they were really hers, for months after she got the "hurtful news" that she was not really pregnant, in order to fuck with viewers on SM.

12 hours ago, Just B said:

I kinda like that there's a "rival group" watching them and stepping up to Whitney. That could at least be fun now that the damn pregnancy storyline is done with. 

Hello! I've been boycotting the fake pregnancy storyline, but now that it's over and someone is going to "shame her" for reals, I'm back in!

11 hours ago, Diamond Dog said:

Last night's episode particularly pissed me off, and here's why:

The fake pregnancy. Next time, go straight to the doctor before telling everyone, including Bushy Beard, the fake father that he may be the fake father. 

Trainer Will: I would have tossed Loud Breather from the gym if he waltzed in 40 minutes late. 

The Roy flirtation. After recovering from the fake pregnancy, she's back at it like a dog in heat.  I absolutely loathe women who go after men who are in relationship. Take a hint, Whitney! Roy isn't into you.

The fake rude guy at the gay pride parade. *blink...blink*  Whitney's been fat shamed!  

Babs talking about  homo-sex-y'alls at the gay pride parade like she's at the zoo. They are people, Babs, not some exotic creature put there for your amusement. The way she generalizes about the LGBTQ community makes me cringe. I realize she's from a different generation, but come on!

Then add the fart, the belly clap, and the waddle. Am I wrong, or did she look at least 50 pounds heavier than the last episode. How is that possible? 

Yes to everything you said, and the part I bolded just makes me wonder once again what the point is of the "gay thing" this season?  Since she refuses to care for herself properly, they are desperate enough for storylines that they could have done fake pregnancy this year and saved "Whit's A Lesbo" for the next one!  Did they just do it because there was a pride event that they could take advantage of?  Is there not one in whatever town they live near every year?  Or they afraid that she's burning bridges with the radio station so quickly that she won't have that venue next season?

Also - since I haven't watched the last 2 eps I apologize to everyone here for commenting too much, and this line here has me dying:

Then add the fart, the belly clap, and the waddle.

Hahahahahahahahaha!  I can only imagine!!! :)

46 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

Poor Roy is too polite for his own good!  Remember their first lunch as a team - they all sat down, but Whit couldn't fit in the chair and the management had to find her a big'un.  Then Roy, who had already seated himself properly, announced that he thought he'd like a big'un too.  Which led to Whit announcing that she was teaching Roy to advocate for himself, and I wouldn't be surprised if she decided he was her Soul Mate at that moment.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, John M said:

Good point. There is a good chance that at rejections of Whitney would be fat shaming. As opposed to not being interested in a narcissist who is throwing themselves at you. 

• Love 3
On February 7, 2017 at 9:26 PM, Nowhere said:

She is sexually harassing Roy. She said it's not plausible that he has a girlfriend. Why? What is she trying to say about Roy?

Is she implying Roy couldn't have a girlfriend because he's obese? That no one would be attracted to him ? Twit is that what you're saying ?   Twit and her no BS is such crap 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

I thought he looked thinner! 

Hmmm, remember how when he first appeared on the show, and Twit was all about hoping Roy would learn to be proud of his weight, like Twit is

This is the big thing that bugs the shit outta me with Whitney. You can love yourself and want to make yourself healthier. In fact, that IS self love. Almost no one wants to love or accept their own overweight, out-of-shape body as is. Almost everyone wants to change.

But for her part, she does appear to be working out harder and taking it more seriously. Let's hope she's there with the nutrition and sticks with it.

And Roy is looking much better! Good for him!

• Love 7

Roy definitely looks thinner. It took me a while to put my finger on what was different about him!

Whitney can never be happy for anyone who loses weight, I honestly think she is very jealous of obese people who lose weight. Their very existence prove that it's possible, which makes Whitney look/feel like a failure by comparison.

• Love 12

Congrats in a BIG way to Roy.  He can love himself and be proud of how healthy he's becoming, now that he's losing the weight and gaining muscle!  And yes, Twit will see his loss as condemnation to her, as she's refused so far to take her weight and health risks seriously.  I just hope she wakes up and gets serious before it's too late.

Edited by Ocean Chick
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, hutchbunny said:

Roy is also on his own weight loss journey, something Whitney isn't interested in.  He's lost a hundred pounds so far.

http://www.twcnews.com/nc/charlotte/healthy-living/2017/01/18/charlotte-radio-show-host-loses-100-pounds-through-nutrition-and-exercise-changes.html

1 hour ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

I thought he looked thinner! 

Hmmm, remember how when he first appeared on the show, and Twit was all about hoping Roy would learn to be proud of his weight, like Twit is? 

I wonder if being brought up close and personal with Whitney at work, helped motivate him to stick with his nutrition/workout plan. 

She's not fat and fabulous. She's morbidly obese and can barely walk across the street, her behavior is nauseating, and her personality is toxic. 

• Love 14

Another strange thing with this episode was that kiss between Whit and Lennie. That's not how you kiss an ex; I was wondering, did I miss something? They seemed almost as if they were back together but no mention of anything. 

I honestly don't believe they ever slept together and Lennie appears in another episode I think next week, so he's definitely getting paid to play "an-ex". Since it's all fake anyway, get that money Lennie lol.

• Love 6

Kudos to Roy on the weight loss. Whitney must not know about him wanting to lose weight or she'd no longer be interested in him.  I wouldn't dare wish this on sweet Roy, but getting with him would probably be the best thing for her health. If she were with someone doing what she should be doing, maybe she'd actually do it too. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, saratothej said:

Kudos to Roy on the weight loss. Whitney must not know about him wanting to lose weight or she'd no longer be interested in him.  I wouldn't dare wish this on sweet Roy, but getting with him would probably be the best thing for her health. If she were with someone doing what she should be doing, maybe she'd actually do it too. 

You'd think so. But remember, this is the woman who originally explained to Roy and the rest of the radio crew that she wouldn't date an obese man. When they expressed surprise, given that she had just lectured them on fat pride, she explained in her usual classy manner that the sexual logistics of a couple where both are obese was too difficult for her to deal with.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

You'd think so. But remember, this is the woman who originally explained to Roy and the rest of the radio crew that she wouldn't date an obese man. When they expressed surprise, given that she had just lectured them on fat pride, she explained in her usual classy manner that the sexual logistics of a couple where both are obese was too difficult for her to deal with.

Ah yes, how could I forgot that totally appropriate, first day of work, conversation?! Can we all agree that she really doesn't date obese men because it would be like looking in a mirror and would cause her to face her own reality? 

• Love 9

If I were Roy's girlfriend I'd be super pissed. While I agree with the person upthread who said that he sometimes doesn't shrug her off enough (he should've smacked down that notion of being romantical instead of telling her he had the key to his media room) I think that they're going to make him look into her no matter what he says or does. They'll use frankenbytes if they have to. I find that very disrespectful to his relationship. 

• Love 9

Finally sat down and viewed this episode.  Thoughts:

Glad they got rid of the baby episode. That storyline should have been only 1 episode max if not at all.  The fact that TLC carried it over 3 was grossly negligent and uncaring.  The fact that Twit further participated in fueling the flames by posting on twitter and fb was grossly negligent and uncouth.

Glen you are a saint to put up with two drama queens.  He must really love Babs.  I swear he must put up with the cameras as Twit has convinced him that she is actress and TLC is her shot at being a star.

Babs you and your daughter sold your souls to TLC.

I agree with the posters about Roy looking great with the weight loss.  If this wasn’t a “reality show” (note the quotes on reality), Roy would have a strong case to take to HR at the radio station for sexual harassment.

Wil/Twit/Puddy: Wil has also sold his soul to TLC. If Twit worked out frequently like we saw and ate properly, she would have melted away the fat by now.  Puddy showing up late is a copout for working out. I don’t think he wants to seriously do anything about the fat.  I use to think he was a teddy bear but now he is so gross looking, my skin crawls when he’s on the tv. He and Twit are perfect eating partners.

Twit’s Social Barnacles: Bowling alley party was interesting as we included absent Donna and girl that I cannot remember her name but has not shown her face since Twit fainted.  Babs blurting the “pregnancy” scare – TLC set up.

Pride Parade: fat shaming guy – I hope you hit up TLC properly for the maximum that they would pay out. The trans friend of Twit is really a mean girl.

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, saratothej said:

Ah yes, how could I forgot that totally appropriate, first day of work, conversation?! Can we all agree that she really doesn't date obese men because it would be like looking in a mirror and would cause her to face her own reality? 

Plus I have a sneaking suspicion that, logistics aside, Whitney doesn't find morbidly obese men any more sexually appealing than most women do.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Plus I have a sneaking suspicion that, logistics aside, Whitney doesn't find morbidly obese men any more sexually appealing than most women do.

Exactly, but everyone is attracted to her!!  And if they are not, they must be fat shamers because she has, like, a totally cute face and wonderful personality! 

• Love 11

Remember in season 1 when Whitney went on a (totally not fake) date with some really cute guy but ended up turning him down because he had a fat fetish and wasn't happy when she told him she wanted to lose 100 pounds? Maybe she should have given him a chance since 3 years later her weight hasn't changed a bit. And if she's offended because people with a fat fetish only see her as a body and not a full person, then she should realize that her attitude toward dating obese men puts her in that same category. Maybe some 500lb guy is her soulmate, but she's not giving him a chance because it would be too hard for their genitals to come together. 

• Love 13

Why does anyone feel sorry for someone who is not in a relationship, accidentally got pregnant, didn't want the baby, but then found out she actually wasn't pregnant to being with? Boo hoo you poor thing, try again, your time will come? she wasn't trying! She didn't want it! Big difference from someone who really wanted a baby and wasn't pregnant but thought they were. Aye aye aye aye mammi help me. I'm surrounded by idiots. 

I unfortunately, rather fortunately, missed the fart. Thank God we don't have Smell-o-vision. I only kind of half watch. I can't deal with totally watching but I'm glad I missed that. She has already grossed me out so many times on this program.

• Love 9

The fart had me rolling my eyes, not so much that she did it because human bodies can be obnoxious and make all kinds of embarrassing sounds at inopportune moments. It was her response. If I had a friend's face all up in my lady parts and farted like that, I'd be mortified and apologizing profusely. Not laughing like it's the funniest thing ever. That's the kind of stuff I'd expect from a twelve year old boy, not a 32 fucking year old woman.

Those scenes with Roy really had me thinking "Girl, get a clue already. He don't want your oversized ass. Not every human on the face of the planet wants you. In fact, 99.9999....% of us don't so get over it."

• Love 10
On 2/8/2017 at 11:31 AM, lovetheduns said:

Eh this is where, I can't believe I am going to defend Whitney - I kind of view myself the last one on earth that would defend her.

One of the biggest complaints on these boards and elsewhere is that the show is heavily scripted and not real. Well, the pregnancy scare was probably the most real thing that Whitney has shown (other than the ski fiasco). So what do people really want? To see heavily scripted or to see glimpses of the real? Myself, I like to see glimpses of the real. 

I don't think the scare was fake - I can't fathom that a doctor's office would also be in on a "fake," the reality is that PCOS and the havoc her body is in created the release of hormones to make a false positive - which is pretty darn rare. Now, do I think it should be cleared up earlier? Yes, I think with the power of editing that they could have done that, but did Whitney have control over that? No.

Now, would I as a person not have that in the open of TLC? Absolutely, but then again I would not be on a reality tv show. I have to think that for Whitney to allow that in she is trying to be authentic and "real" about who she is. Once it is filmed it is out of her hands. I imagine just like with the health scares last season, she was dreading this coming up (as evidenced by some of her posts) because it was emotional for her and she didn't have control over how it was presented nor could she "speak" out.

I have seen others criticizing why she was all bummed out all of a sudden, which I didn't think was a big deal either. When my cousin became pregnant unexpectedly but planned (she thought based on her family's history coming off of birth control it would take anywhere from 3-6 months, it took her almost less than a month), she went through periods of elation and oh god no. Heck, she still feels that way even though she would lay her life down for her son. I have friends the same way - sometimes it is just so overwhelming but the vast majority of the time they are so in love with being parents. Heck, I bred my horse last year and it had been about as planned as a pregnancy can be. When she was determined to be pregnant I was stoked, and then I was also like.. why did I do this. I felt that way all throughout the pregnancy and sometimes when my little filly is an absolute brat I think, why did I do this? But the vast majority of the time I am in constant love with seeing how special new life is (and this is about as maternal as I get).

Pregnancy issues whether they end up thankfully as all ok or those that end tragically are very real.

My issue with the storyline is that it is NOT something that Whitney has not done before. She has had and posted a positive pregnancy test in the days before this show. She knows that pcos can and has caused her specifically to have a positive urine pregnancy test.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, connieinnc said:

My issue with the storyline is that it is NOT something that Whitney has not done before. She has had and posted a positive pregnancy test in the days before this show. She knows that pcos can and has caused her specifically to have a positive urine pregnancy test.

I saw in some other thread that you said she talked about this same issue on her old radio show. Were you a listener back then or did you hear about it some other way? To me, that pretty much proves that they just re-enacted the whole thing to add interest to the show. Same way I think they have people fat shame her in public to recreate moments that she probably has experienced in real life.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, M.F. Luder said:

I saw in some other thread that you said she talked about this same issue on her old radio show. Were you a listener back then or did you hear about it some other way? To me, that pretty much proves that they just re-enacted the whole thing to add interest to the show. Same way I think they have people fat shame her in public to recreate moments that she probably has experienced in real life.

I was a listener and also follow that show on Facebook...they did a big "is Whitney pregnant" segment on air and then posted the test to the show's page.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, hutchbunny said:

Roy is also on his own weight loss journey, something Whitney isn't interested in.  He's lost a hundred pounds so far.

http://www.twcnews.com/nc/charlotte/healthy-living/2017/01/18/charlotte-radio-show-host-loses-100-pounds-through-nutrition-and-exercise-changes.html

10 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Whitney can never be happy for anyone who loses weight, I honestly think she is very jealous of obese people who lose weight. Their very existence prove that it's possible, which makes Whitney look/feel like a failure by comparison.

Go Roy! Reading that article about him, I wondered if he was working with the weight loss clinic he uses in conjunction with his radio show at all - as in announcing about his weight loss on air.  If so that should only make Whit madder, that he is actually doing on his show what she is supposed to be doing on hers!!!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, princelina said:

Go Roy! Reading that article about him, I wondered if he was working with the weight loss clinic he uses in conjunction with his radio show at all - as in announcing about his weight loss on air.  If so that should only make Whit madder, that he is actually doing on his show what she is supposed to be doing on hers!!!

He's also going to be published - by Penguin, no less - he's writing a cookbook about healthy weight loss. They are planning a press tour, a website, a Roy-branded spice line . . . Take THAT, Whitney.

• Love 17
On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 9:16 PM, mamadrama said:

And Whitney, you ARE still a child yourself. No grown ass adult acts like you.

When she lifted her legs and farted in her friend's face, I was disgusted beyond comprehension.  With all of the crap she eats I can only imagine the smell.  Why does she think it's cute to roll her ass around on the floor, lifting her legs in the air?  This girl really knows no shame.  And the fake guy telling her nobody wants to see her fat ass on tv?  So fakety fake fake!!!  I'm really sure he would say that to her in front of all of those people and her with a microphone in hand.  He was just another plant to cause drama and to try to drum up sympathy for Whitney.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, swankie said:

Why does she think it's cute to roll her ass around on the floor, lifting her legs in the air?  This girl really knows no shame.  

As someone who English country dances and folk dances (my mom used to teach it and even took high school groups to Denmark and England back in the 80s) I have to wonder what part of lifting her legs up in the air and getting between Todd's legs was in any way appropriate for a folk festival. I mean, you can't find any dances that are more chaste than folkdancing. These are Austen period things! (And yes, I am aware that her performance was not really a part of the festival, but she was marketing it as such and it was in the same area.)

• Love 11
On 2/8/2017 at 11:56 PM, Pachengala said:

He shouldn't have to convey anything to her, this is place of employment.  Whitney is sexually harassing him.  The Skype conversation could have been used in a sexual harassment training video to show what not to do!  If I would have done that to one of my coworkers, I would have been marched down to the HR office and my desk packed up.  Imagine if Roy was speaking like that to Whitney and she had no interest in him - OUTRAGE!  It works both ways, sweetie!

• Love 15
10 hours ago, connieinnc said:

I was a listener and also follow that show on Facebook...they did a big "is Whitney pregnant" segment on air and then posted the test to the show's page.

She probably knew she pissed positive tests, so she did a few for the show.  She probably always shows positive in those tests and was like Hey TLC, here's something for ya!  Instead, she was "shocked" at the false positive.  yeah right

• Love 13
10 hours ago, mamadrama said:

As someone who English country dances and folk dances (my mom used to teach it and even took high school groups to Denmark and England back in the 80s) I have to wonder what part of lifting her legs up in the air and getting between Todd's legs was in any way appropriate for a folk festival. I mean, you can't find any dances that are more chaste than folkdancing. These are Austen period things! (And yes, I am aware that her performance was not really a part of the festival, but she was marketing it as such and it was in the same area.)

Was wondering the same thing. If she can't do something appropriate that won't embarrass her group, she should opt out. Her obnoxiousness has no end. 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Ketzel said:

He's also going to be published - by Penguin, no less - he's writing a cookbook about healthy weight loss. They are planning a press tour, a website, a Roy-branded spice line . . . Take THAT, Whitney.

Haha thanks for that link!  Hilarious to know that LauRen also has a book out - about how to eat right and how dancers work out in order to try out for professional cheerleading!  So I guess that's why Whit would be perfect to replace her while she's on maternity leave.  Whitney can teach obese people that they should have no body shame and to try out for professional cheerleading anyway.

10 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

Was wondering the same thing. If she can't do something appropriate that won't embarrass her group, she should opt out. Her obnoxiousness has no end. 

She couldn't for the St. Patrick's Day parade, so apparently "not embarrassing her group" is not a consideration :)

• Love 4
On 2/8/2017 at 7:22 AM, Hana Chan said:

The one person that I wound up feeling sorry for was Lenny, because he seemed to be genuinely invested in the idea of being a father. I liked what he said about having a child changing your focus and wished that Whitney could have had a similar revelation. It was really annoying that she treated being pregnant like a massive imposition on her life, but then acting all sad when it turned out to be a false alarm. Bitch, please....

There's no doubt in my mind that Lennie was completely in on the entire thing, as he has been since the beginning.  I find it interesting -- and telling -- to note that Lennie Alehat's real name is Nathan Lee.  Lennie Alehat is actually an anagram for Nathan Lee Lie.  I think that about sums it up.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

There's no doubt in my mind that Lennie was completely in on the entire thing, as he has been since the beginning.  I find it interesting -- and telling -- to note that Lennie Alehat's real name is Nathan Lee.  Lennie Alehat is actually an anagram for Nathan Lee Lie.  I think that about sums it up.

I also suspect that the beard disguise will disappear once he goes back to his real life as Nathan.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

It also works with Nathaniel Lee.

But I agree that "Lennie" is just a character on the show, and he's not even good at pretending he's into Whitney. Then again, anyone who could convincingly pretend to be into a loud, obnoxious narcissist like her would get an academy award. The farting in someone's face and laughing about it is case in point.

• Love 5
On 2/9/2017 at 11:33 PM, Ketzel said:

Was that a photo of him before or after his weight loss?  Because, if it was after, I think he has a bit more to go before writing a book about weight loss.

1 hour ago, pbutler111 said:

Was that a photo of him before or after his weight loss?  Because, if it was after, I think he has a bit more to go before writing a book about weight loss.

He has lost over 100 lbs and his high weight was in the 400s.  I assume that picture was after the weight loss, but he also said in the clip that they are planning a second book, so I assume that will be after he loses more weight :)

4 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

He looks much thinner in the episode than he does in that picture. I think that picture was a before. 

• Love 1

So finally watched the episode

She just dresses like a slob and looks like she never takes a shower.. then again she pretty much doesn't. If someone is as fat as her, I would think she would be more concerned about odors etc

The fart - nasty

The pride parade - again, point#1 looking like a slob. The guy fat shaming  may not have been a plant . But then again they have to throw at least one in. Last year it was Kerryn.

The pregnancy- Babs and Glen are jackasses. Why would he not call Whitney instead of stewing on it all day?

Babs announcing at the party that Whitneys not pregnant WTF is wrong with her.

The doctor telling Whitney about losing weight - one ear out the other

• Love 3

I kept on meaning to bring this up

does anyone else notice that on the commercials for her show, when they show her dancing (lol) when the title comes, she's got sweat stain on the back of her shirt.

either someone was asleep at the wheel or they didnt tell her to embarrass her.

Love the dance(lol) too. She jiggles when she wiggles ( truth)

Edited by Bubbles1967
  • Love 1

Here's the thing about the fart. We are a family who thinks farts are funny. Even my MIL, who saw George Carlin do his bit on farting, laughed so hard I thought she was going to have a stroke. HOWEVER, we are family!! We don't do that kind of thing in public. Even just in our family we know there is 'funny fart' and 'inappropriate fart'.  We would never stick our ass in someone's face and fart. That isn't funny. It definitely isn't funny in a work situation. Whitney is just appalling. I'm sad for those who are stuck dealing with her. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Here's the thing about the fart. We are a family who thinks farts are funny. Even my MIL, who saw George Carlin do his bit on farting, laughed so hard I thought she was going to have a stroke. HOWEVER, we are family!! We don't do that kind of thing in public. Even just in our family we know there is 'funny fart' and 'inappropriate fart'.  We would never stick our ass in someone's face and fart. That isn't funny. It definitely isn't funny in a work situation. Whitney is just appalling. I'm sad for those who are stuck dealing with her. 

I co-sign this post. I have 2 young kids that think farts (we call them "poots") are hilarious. My girl is worse than our boy. But even they know when it's not appropriate (like at the dinner table or when something serious is going on) and while they might occasionally go sit on each other and let one rip, they will also apologize when one accidentally comes out during an inappropriate time. It's a family thing. They would never pass gas in front of someone outside the family, even a friend, and certainly not on camera. If they did by accident, because everyone is human and things happen, they'd be properly embarrassed and apologize for it. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I co-sign this post. I have 2 young kids that think farts (we call them "poots") are hilarious. My girl is worse than our boy. But even they know when it's not appropriate (like at the dinner table or when something serious is going on) and while they might occasionally go sit on each other and let one rip, they will also apologize when one accidentally comes out during an inappropriate time. It's a family thing. They would never pass gas in front of someone outside the family, even a friend, and certainly not on camera. If they did by accident, because everyone is human and things happen, they'd be properly embarrassed and apologize for it. 

How many of have tortured our brothers and sisters with dutch ovens.

Yes I do on occasionally do fart in front of my boyfriend . But it's an accidental...ok not all the time.

But I don't fart, I poof. I have to give him the illusion that I'm a lady but I think he knows better after 3 years.

most embarrassing.  Farting and sneezing at the same time.  Oh that was bad.

ok I'll see myself out....

• Love 5