Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: Uncharitable Behavior

• Start Topic

Kenya returns from Charlotte, only to discover "Moore Manor" has been vandalized. Also: Phaedra offers legal advice to Kenya, and reveals startling secrets in the process; Cynthia moves out of her townhouse; and drama soars at Phaedra's pop-up shop.

I'm sorry, but if Matt was outside breaking glass, the glass would be inside the garage, not outside. First thing you learn when watching crime shows. Spray paint the cameras? Did he come over in broad daylight? Nobody heard anything? This reeks of producer manipulation and setup for the show. 

Sheree is already getting tiresome. How much money did she make with her too little-too late t-shirts? She has nothing nice to say about anyone anymore. At least she admits she's in over her head with the chateau.

This was the first time I didn't like Noelle. Lazy, entitled child. Get up and pack your stuff!

Porsha, nice that you donated all of your money to the kids. Can't believe Phaedra didn't raise the ten grand she hoped for. Where in Atlanta did they have this pop-up? Certainly not in Buckhead where the.money is.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

I'm sorry, but if Matt was outside breaking glass, the glass would be inside the garage, not outside. First thing you learn when watching crime shows. Spray paint the cameras? Did he come over in broad daylight? Nobody heard anything? This reeks of producer manipulation and setup for the show. 

Sheree is already getting tiresome. How much money did she make with her too little-too late t-shirts? She has nothing nice to say about anyone anymore. At least she admits she's in over her head with the chateau.

This was the first time I didn't like Noelle. Lazy, entitled child. Get up and pack your stuff!

Porsha, nice that you donated all of your money to the kids. Can't believe Phaedra didn't raise the ten grand she hoped for. Where in Atlanta did they have this pop-up? Certainly not in Buckhead where the.money is.

It didn't look like that many people showed up. What kind of advertising did Phaedra do other then fliers and Porsha's radio show spot?

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

It seems the only reason Sheree was brought back on the show is to create drama.  What I would like to know is, when did she and Marlo become such close friends?  Weren't they going at each other's throats on the Africa trip that ended in Marlo dropping the gay slur F bomb? Maybe I'm just not remembering, but when did they make up?

42 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

I'm sorry, but if Matt was outside breaking glass, the glass would be inside the garage, not outside.

Plus, was that blood mixed in with the broken glass?  Are they trying to say he broke the glass with his fists?  I agree that this seems to be a producer setup.  Plus, wouldn't the camera show the person spray painting the lens right before they did it?  I'm confused.  If Matt did it to according to Kenya, "get her attention", why would he try to hide the fact that he did it?  Why spray paint the cameras?  Something in the buttermilk ain't clean. (tm Phaedra Parks)

56 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

I felt bad for Noelle.  As a person who lived in the same house growing up since I was 2 and not moving out until I got married, I imagine it's pretty hard to give up a home you felt comfortable in all your childhood.  I didn't take it as her being lazy, just her being emotional.  Plus, she's going through separation anxiety over losing her stepfather.  Peter was a piece of work, but I think he forged a bond with Noelle and to have to give up all of those memories made in that house had to be pretty hard on her.

I thought it was so funny that Phaedra, Kandi and Porsha, the three in conflict, all dressed in the same color at the pop-up.  And I'm really surprised Porsha decided to wear her natural hair in a pop-up shop where she's trying to sell her weave.  What was she thinking?

So Kandi ended up donating the most to the pop-up charity, 2,500.00.  She gave it even before the sales, so that's generous of her.  Porsha and Cynthia both donated $1,000.00 and Kenya donated the least, 450.00.  She made fun of Sheree's booth, but Sheree donated more than Kenya, 595.00.  Phaedra said they made 7,541.83, so she sold 1,996.83 and according to her, she made up the difference to make it $10,000.00.  So I guess that means Phaedra actually donated the most, 4,455.00.  So the order from the highest to lowest:  Phaedra $4455.00,  Kandi $2500.00, Porsha and Cynthia $1000.00, Sheree $595.00 and last Kenya 450.00.  As usual Kenya is all talk and no action.  smdh

• Love 24
29 minutes ago, swankie said:

What I would like to know is, when did she and Marlo become such close friends?  Weren't they going at each other's throats on the Africa trip that ended in Marlo dropping the gay slur F bomb? Maybe I'm just not remembering, but when did they make up?

I think when Sheree tumbled into oblivion, she was ready to befriend anyone from the show who would take her and not be too heavy handed with the shade.  

• Love 4

I'm glad I'm not the only person that noticed this. The scene at Kenya's house seems manufactured in some way. Was he in on it at the time or was it fabricated? I'm assuming that there would be potential legal repercussions for publicly accusing someone of a crime that you know damn well they didn't commit so there has to be something else to it.

Kenya's laugh is so damn irritating. Also, even her attempt at trying to sound nice  about it can't cover her shadiness. Marlow went to bat for her against Nene when she took exception to her hanging out with Nene and Kenya left Marlow out to dry just so she could rub shoulders with Nene. It was obvious from the beginning that Kenya really wanted to be in Nene's inner circle on the show. She turned on women on this show for much less than all of the things that Nene said about her. And just want to point out Kenya, there are NO men standing in your line. 

Not sure how many vendors Phaedra brought in but there didn't seem to be that many people when you consider what her fundraising goal was. $10,000 means about $20,000 in sales...that's a lot of money in sales, especially when you're looking at the price range for the products available. Kudos to the women for coming together for a great cause, and kudos to Porsha for her donation. Also, Ayden is such a sweetheart.

Curious to see what next week's meltdown with Porsha will be about. 

• Love 5

Plus, isn't one of the interesting aspects of the show to see friendships and alliances shifting from season to season? I mean, Nene and Phaedra went from not liking each other (especially from Nene's POV) to becoming good friends. Kandi and Phaedra the opposite.

Marlo and Sheree might be friends now, and yes, it might seem head-scratching. But it really isn't all that strange, both for this show and the franchise as a whole.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I'm glad I'm not the only person that noticed this. The scene at Kenya's house seems manufactured in some way. Was he in on it at the time or was it fabricated? I'm assuming that there would be potential legal repercussions for publicly accusing someone of a crime that you know damn well they didn't commit so there has to be something else to it.

Kenya's laugh is so damn irritating. Also, even her attempt at trying to sound nice  about it can't cover her shadiness. Marlow went to bat for her against Nene when she took exception to her hanging out with Nene and Kenya left Marlow out to dry just so she could rub shoulders with Nene. It was obvious from the beginning that Kenya really wanted to be in Nene's inner circle on the show. She turned on women on this show for much less than all of the things that Nene said about her. And just want to point out Kenya, there are NO men standing in your line. 

Not sure how many vendors Phaedra brought in but there didn't seem to be that many people when you consider what her fundraising goal was. $10,000 means about $20,000 in sales...that's a lot of money in sales, especially when you're looking at the price range for the products available. Kudos to the women for coming together for a great cause, and kudos to Porsha for her donation. Also, Ayden is such a sweetheart.

Curious to see what next week's meltdown with Porsha will be about. 

If the rumors about these HWs/cast members signing away their right to sue is correct (and I believe it is) then as long as Kenya didn't press charges, there is nothing Matt could do if that garage scene was faked/staged. Which would also explain why Kenya didn't file any charges against him for all the things she has accused him of doing.

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, swankie said:

So I guess that means Phaedra actually donated the most, 4,455.00.  So the order from the highest to lowest:  Phaedra $4455.00,  Kandi $2500.00, Porsha and Cynthia $1000.00, Sheree $595.00 and last Kenya 450.00.  As usual Kenya is all talk and no action.  smdh

Come on, this wasn't a competition who made the most $.  It was more important that everyone came together for an important cause.  And to be fair, Kenya will be part of the workshop with the kids.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

Come on, this wasn't a competition who made the most $.  It was more important that everyone came together for an important cause.  And to be fair, Kenya will be part of the workshop with the kids.

Yes, Kenya did give but did she honor the agreed upon amount of 50% their net profits? Seems Kenya only gave from the cash sales amount, not the credit card sales amount, so not from the total sales amount..  From Kenya's twitter...... KENYA MOOREVerified account ‏@KenyaMoore 3h3 hours ago

KENYA MOORE Retweeted Jake

Nope. I only gave my cash not credit card sales babe. Thanks for trying to come for me though #fail

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

This is bugging me, so let me say: to all the women who are going through domestic violence issues, we do mean it when we say you can come stay at our house. -signed, your friends and family. 

Ugh. The last thing we need is someone seeing Kandi on the show and thinking, "my man was right, nobody really wants to help me or be around me. I might as well stay with him."

• Love 18

I am so confused did Cynthia even participate in the popup other than showing up and donating $1,000? Did the show what Kandi donated because I am curious how sex toys for the children sold. 

I have no idea what is going on with Matt and Kenya but she should invest in tempered/reinforced glass on her garage doors

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, mothmonsterman said:

This is bugging me, so let me say: to all the women who are going through domestic violence issues, we do mean it when we say you can come stay at our house. -signed, your friends and family. 

Ugh. The last thing we need is someone seeing Kandi on the show and thinking, "my man was right, nobody really wants to help me or be around me. I might as well stay with him."

Sadly that's the reality for many including what I went through 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, twilightzone said:

I never said it was a competition.  Kenya was the one who got nasty with it making fun of Sheree's booth for only having one flower and selling tee shirts.  Then she tried to shade Porsha for her booth.  It seems Kenya spent the most money decorating her booth, but donated the least.

• Love 18
56 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I am so confused did Cynthia even participate in the popup other than showing up and donating $1,000? Did the show what Kandi donated because I am curious how sex toys for the children sold.

They didn't show how much Kandi actually sold but she donated $2500 up front which was half of the inventory she brought to sell.  Cynthia was selling her eyewear.

I can't believe Sheree of the "fashion show with no fashions, how dreadful" had the nerve to shade Kenya on whether or not she had product in her bottles.  Pot, meet Kettle.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, swankie said:

They didn't show how much Kandi actually sold but she donated $2500 up front which was half of the inventory she brought to sell.  Cynthia was selling her eyewear.

Thanks! I must have glossed over when they showed her booth, it just seemed  she was going from booth to booth but not actually selling anything.

Aiden probably could have raised more just chasing after people because his reminding Cynthia she owed him was adorable and Cynthia handled it with grace.

Curious of Apollo's mom recently broke up with that dude he was labelled as her friend but Phaedra clearly introduced him as Apollo stepdad and Kenya referenced him that wayin a TH.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6

Did I understand it right?  Matt supposedly knocked out windows in the garage and in Kenya's vehicle that was in the garage from the outside?  Lol with the glass on the wrong side?  

Hope Matt got paid handsomely for his Bravo job.  SMH.

PSA:  Any man approached by Kenya should run...run...RUN.  

• Love 13
6 hours ago, swankie said:

o Kandi ended up donating the most to the pop-up charity, 2,500.00.  She gave it even before the sales, so that's generous of her.  Porsha and Cynthia both donated $1,000.00 and Kenya donated the least, 450.00.  She made fun of Sheree's booth, but Sheree donated more than Kenya, 595.00.  Phaedra said they made 7,541.83, so she sold 1,996.83 and according to her, she made up the difference to make it $10,000.00.  So I guess that means Phaedra actually donated the most, 4,455.00.  So the order from the highest to lowest:  Phaedra $4455.00,  Kandi $2500.00, Porsha and Cynthia $1000.00, Sheree $595.00 and last Kenya 450.00.  As usual Kenya is all talk and no action.  smdh

I was sure as hell doing all the accounting in my head too, and I knew this board would be right on it with me, thanks swankie. My motivation, like yours, was triggered by Kenya's ugly old attitude as always. She is so threatened by any of the other hos getting a sniff of success. Coming for Sheree at this point is just sad. Sheree is low hanging fruit. But leave Porsha alone. I was really expecting Kenya's stall to do better than Porsha's, a lot better. For some reason, I believed that Kenya does make money with her hair line. She does have beautiful hair and she's always representing as being a successful business woman. Maybe Porsha just made a donation and didn't actually sell anything. I'm sure Kenya will have numerous narratives active within the next couple of days, including the 'I only donated from my cash sales' story. If this is true, then she hasn't been honest with her agreement with Phaedra, has she? And that's cheap and nasty when it's about 'the children'.

4 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

eah Kenya, Margo may "date" old white men for their money but at least they ain't busting out all her windows. If anything they are buying her windows and all the cars and houses that surround them. Stop hustling backwards. 

Porsha looked super cute in with her short haircut and good on her for donating $1k

This was MORE Moore reacting to a perceived threat. I was cheering when Marlo read Kenya. It was maybe a tiny bit of a shame, because Kenya did start out from what looked like a place of humility...but no. Nene's gone and Kenya just wants Marlo back in her corner and when Marlo wasn't having it, Kenya resorted to type: nasty petty low blow digs from the woman who tries to pay men to be her fiancee and manipulates a domestic violence scenario so that she can play the victim. Kenya is one repugnant piece of work and she gets worse every episode....

8 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

We are some CSI board lovies aren't we? I was on this from the git also, as it seems all the educated-to-Kenya viewers on this site are. She's fooling no one anymore.

It was so cool this episode to have no Mama Joyce, Matt, Bob, Todd (Porsha's 'love interest') or Peter! BUT sadly, it looks like that roll call is answered next week. Sigh. Apparently, Porsha admitted that whatever man she is (really) seeing, didn't like her short hair because it made her 'look like a boy' and she has the weave in again because of this comment. Kordell probably would have adored it! When I read she'd had her hair cut short, I imagined her in a pixie cut like the one we saw in the Cynthia montage. The way she had it styled at Phaedra's charity event wasn't the most flattering for her, but a pixie cut could have been spectacular on her. 

I'm going to miss Cynthia's house. It was the most 'real' and believable of all the ho's on this franchise. It looked like an actual home. Why they all have to live in massive McMansions with more rooms than they could ever use and the attendant cost of furnishing, heating, cooling and cleaning them escapes me. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, swankie said:

I can't believe Sheree of the "fashion show with no fashions, how dreadful" had the nerve to shade Kenya on whether or not she had product in her bottles.  Pot, meet Kettle.

Pot and Kettle are sticking to their previously agreed upon fake story lines (Chateau Sheree v Moore Manor bs) and they are the only 2 people on the planet who believe they are fooling anyone. The house competition is what production has based this entire season around. I believe the season ends with Sheree's housewarming, but her house, which keeps changing names on the title, apparently still to this day doesn't have a certificate of occupancy and I believe both Kenya and Sheree were fined for having their housewarming parties without a permit. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Aiden probably could have raised more just chasing after people because his reminding Cynthia she owed him was adorable and Cynthia handled it with grace.

Remember who is Daddy is!!! I read an interview with Phaedra a while back where she is at pains to explain that Apollo wasn't at the time an actual physical debt collector. I believe he was describing himself as being in 'asset recovery'. Which translates as repo man. Which is about the only job I can see Apollo participating in legally. 

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, queenjen said:

I was really expecting Kenya's stall to do better than Porsha's, a lot better. For some reason, I believed that Kenya does make money with her hair line. She does have beautiful hair and she's always representing as being a successful business woman. Maybe Porsha just made a donation and didn't actually sell anything.

Porsha did say she was making a gift donation on top of her sales so we don't really know how much she actually sold either.  The point is though, Kenya was just plain stingy if she kept her credit card sales and only donated half of the cash sales.  At least Porsha turned over all of her profits and some out of pocket on top of that.  It's for charity Kenya, damn!

• Love 19
8 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

1.  This is one of those factors that makes me believe this isn't staged.  If Matt did not do this he has a solid case for defamation.  Especially if Kenya knows he didn't do it.  I can't see the show, or Kenya taking a risk for this big a lawsuit.  And a very, very solid lawsuit if this wasn't true.  And yes, he signed a disclaimer but those aren't rock solid and I don't know if they cover intentional acts or just negligence (which would normally take the production company out of it)

2.  Has Matt come out and conclusively said he didn't do it?

3.  I was watching on my phone, but I couldn't see that there WASN'T glass inside as well as outside.  Given the force used, it's possible to have glass on the outside and inside.  

4.  He would also have to have been in her garage if he was able to damage her car.  It's possible he broke some panes while in the garage.  Which may explain glass on the outside.

5.  Can't remember the exact placement of the broken panes, but I felt like some of them may have been at kicking level for a guy as tall as him.  It's possible the blood is from his leg.

6. I think you could approach those cameras from behind if you were so inclined.  Or maybe that's how Kenya is certain it was Matt.  Perhaps there is footage of him driving up and walking up to the camera, but very little else.

7. This is too much overkill for producer set up.  The same feeling of crazy could have been accomplished with the broken glass panes and the blood.  But the car, the back door, the spray painting.....ultimately that's a lot of time, effort and money that really wouldn't be required 

8.  Matt has crazy eyes.  I rest my case.

Re: Marlo....yeah, Kenya was in the wrong there and I think she knows it.  But Kenya is trying to make her hustle work, and Marlo isn't as helpful to know as nene.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, swankie said:

Porsha did say she was making a gift donation on top of her sales so we don't really know how much she actually sold either.  The point is though, Kenya was just plain stingy if she kept her credit card sales and only donated half of the cash sales.  At least Porsha turned over all of her profits and some out of pocket on top of that.  It's for charity Kenya, damn!

No tea, no shade, but given Phaedras history I might be a little suspicious of a charity in her name.  I'd want to see the receipts.

I would have thought that bravo would end up footing a bit of the bill since they would be filming for the show.

I kinda like Phaedra when she is just being herself without the shade or the old lady with the taupe stockings in church.  But she is still a slick shyster.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, swankie said:

I was thinking the same thing.  It seemed like an odd bit if shade for someone selling t shirts and pictures (?)

1 minute ago, RealReality said:

No tea, no shade, but given Phaedras history I might be a little suspicious of a charity in her name.  I'd want to see the receipts.

There's no way to prove how much Phaedra spent on the actual camping trip for the kids, but the previews do show the camping event taking place with Kenya speaking to the kids.  I would think that at least some of the other ladies donating would ask to see those receipts, especially Kandi since she no longer considers Phaedra a friend and we all know how serious Kandi is when it comes to her money and how it is spent.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, swankie said:

There's no way to prove how much Phaedra spent on the actual camping trip for the kids, but the previews do show the camping event taking place with Kenya speaking to the kids.  I would think that at least some of the other ladies donating would ask to see those receipts, especially Kandi since she no longer considers Phaedra a friend and we all know how serious Kandi is when it comes to her money and how it is spent.

Maybe, but I always feel like charity frauds get away with it because no one wants to look like a jerk for asking for an exact accounting. 

But, yes, at least the camp takes place.  And will address colorism that impacts little girls which makes me happy.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

If the rumors about these HWs/cast members signing away their right to sue is correct (and I believe it is) then as long as Kenya didn't press charges, there is nothing Matt could do if that garage scene was faked/staged. Which would also explain why Kenya didn't file any charges against him for all the things she has accused him of doing.

Those disclaimers aren't iron clad, and have been thrown out in the past.  I also don't know if they preclude you from suing other cast members or simply bar suit against the production company.  I haven't seen one of those releases, but I'm not sure how a contract like that would work to protect the rights of someone who isn't a party to the contract.

In a defamation suit, bravo would be added, but then could be dropped if they are precluded from the suit due to a release.  I don't know that they would be a necessary third party to a defamation suit against Kenya.  There may be a clause that requires Matt to indemnify bravo for any lawsuit related expenses they pay to defend kenya Which would essentially make it hard for him to sue her.

And Matt has not been shy in social media, so has he said he didn't do it?

• Love 1

I don't mean to be cynical, but I am really having a hard time buying the extent of this Matt situation. Why would the glass be all outside the garage, unless he was breaking it from the inside out? And those little red flecks? Please. It was just weird. I'm not saying the guy doesn't have problems, but something ain't right. And it's really bothering me because there are women who legitimately go through such terrifying situations...and worse! So this feels kind of insulting to them. 

And then Phaedra suggests counseling??? Who goes to counseling with such a violent psychopath? Kandi says, "You might need to come stay here".....then when Kenya does - "Um, what? No, I wasn't serious".Fuck you. 

I was really impressed with Porsha at the popup shop, donating 100% of her earnings, plus giving her own donation. That's how you do charity. The other women balking at 50% made me ill. And I laughed so hard when Kenya made fun of Sheree's sad little booth, but it appeared Sheree made more money than she did. 

DO NOT CARE about Marlo.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Ellee said:

Did I understand it right?  Matt supposedly knocked out windows in the garage and in Kenya's vehicle that was in the garage from the outside?  Lol with the glass on the wrong side?  

LOL, maybe that's what the blood was from. Matt reached in (for some unknown reason) and moved all the glass he knocked out to the outside of the garage. Bahahaha, this shit is ridiculous.

I do think it's possible that Matt agreed to go along with some of this stuff, for a place on the show/money/whatever - but then it got out of hand, or Kenya didn't handle it the way they agreed upon, whatever. But if he was complicit to some degree, he may not feel he can actually sue. At any rate,I'm not saying the dude is an angel. He, frankly, scares me. But something about this whole thing just doesn't feel right. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

1.  This is one of those factors that makes me believe this isn't staged.  If Matt did not do this he has a solid case for defamation.  Especially if Kenya knows he didn't do it.  I can't see the show, or Kenya taking a risk for this big a lawsuit.  And a very, very solid lawsuit if this wasn't true.  And yes, he signed a disclaimer but those aren't rock solid.

2.  Has Matt come out and conclusively said he didn't do it?

3.  I was watching on my phone, but I couldn't see that there WASN'T glass inside as well as outside.  Given the force used, it's possible to have glass on the outside and inside.  

4.  He would also have to have been in her garage if he was able to damage her car.  It's possible he broke some panes while in the garage.  Which may explain glass on the outside.

5.  Can't remember the exact placement of the broken panes, but I felt like some of them may have been at kicking level for a guy as tall as him.  It's possible the blood is from his leg.

6. I think you could approach those cameras from behind if you were so inclined.  Or maybe that's how Kenya is certain it was Matt.  Perhaps there is footage of him driving up and walking up to the camera, but very little else.

7. This is too much overkill for producer set up.  The same feeling of crazy could have been accomplished with the broken glass panes and the blood.  But the car, the back door, the spray painting.....ultimately that's a lot of time, effort and money that really wouldn't be required 

8.  Matt has crazy eyes.  I rest my case.

Re: Marlo....yeah, Kenya was in the wrong there and I think she knows it.  But Kenya is trying to make her hustle work, and Marlo isn't as helpful to know as nene.

When I say staged or fabricated, I don't necessarily mean that they blamed it on Matt when it was clearly someone else that was paid to do it. My instinct is that it was Matt but the whole scene looked like an inside job....like he was expected to do it. But that could also be because of the way they panned the scene of her home. I could have missed details as I didn't really look at the scene over and over to analyze it. The garage door looks like it was hit with a bat or he repeatedly punched the door or something.  It doesn't look to me like he was throwing big ass rocks at her door and the reason why that stuck out at me is because her car windshield was broken (maybe even had a hole in it but I can't recall) but her car was inside the garage. If he was throwing things at the garage, there's no way that the object would have enough force to penetrate both the garage door and her windshield. I feel like the perpetrator did the damage from inside of her garage, not outside. If Matt did have a key to her place, I feel like Matt had a key to her place but it didn't make sense for Kenya to admit this information to the viewers.

Matt did say that he was against the abusive boyfriend angle from the start. Very strongly suggests that it was a storyline that was drummed up to ensure camera time this season, and it seems like as the situation went on, he realized that Kenya was manipulating him to put him in precarious situations just to get it on camera. That said, I do think that his anger is real and even if it's not a regular thing, it's there and that is still an issue that should be addressed.

At the end of the day, this does showcase real issues on Matt's part. While he may not have been physically abusive, his temper suggests that he could very well cross that line. Yet with all that said, this situation has pretty confirmed to me that Kenya is a toxic person who is emotionally and psychologically abusive to people.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I don't mean to be cynical, but I am really having a hard time buying the extent of this Matt situation. Why would the glass be all outside the garage, unless he was breaking it from the inside out? And those little red flecks? Please. It was just weird. I'm not saying the guy doesn't have problems, but something ain't right. And it's really bothering me because there are women who legitimately go through such terrifying situations...and worse! So this feels kind of insulting to them. 

snip

I think this is exactly why I'm interested in this at all. 

As far as I'm concerned Kenya has absolutely no credibility at all.  On anything.  

• Love 12

If I remember correctly, when this incident was first reported, it was stated that Matt was NOT inside the house so all damage that was done was from the outside.  

Does anyone remember if the vehicle's window could have been broken from the angle that the garage windows were broken?   Was it ever reported as to what went through the car window to actually break it?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, swankie said:

And I'm really surprised Porsha decided to wear her natural hair in a pop-up shop where she's trying to sell her weave.  What was she thinking?

Porsha? Thinking? Remember who you're talking about. LOL

7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I am so confused did Cynthia even participate in the popup other than showing up and donating $1,000?

She was selling her sunglasses. I think one of them is named The Peter. I kid you not.

2 hours ago, RealReality said:

3.  I was watching on my phone, but I couldn't see that there WASN'T glass inside as well as outside.  Given the force used, it's possible to have glass on the outside and inside

The glass from her car window was on the garage floor. LOL, it should have been inside the car. Just as the garage door glass should have been inside, not outside. And that "blood"? Real blood dries a darker red. The whole scene was so fake and set up.... were it real, she'd have called the police and we'd have had a Cops crossover. Remember NeNe's bedroom bash at the hotel when Apollo went apeshit on Kenya's friend, and the police were called? Real cops, real cop cars, real flashing sirens. I think back to that with all this Matt/Kenya mess and I'm telling ya.... it's fake.

• Love 15

As usual Kenya is all talk and no action.

Except when she hears a director call action - in her head. Lord, those pathetic fake crying scenes on her driveway and in Phaedra's office. She's like a very bad drama student being given scenes to run. The tremulous little voice, the downcast eyes, the halting speech....

• Love 13

I think Matt and Kenya both need a restraining order from EACH OTHER.  They both seem to be unstable to some degree, and they seem to bring out the worst in each other.  #relationshipfail

I do not believe for one second that Kenya is *legitimately* afraid of Matt, though. I just don't. #actingfail   Like it was said upthread, her pathetic ploy for sympathy (and screentime) really does a disservice to people who are actually in abusive relationships. 

I was also surprised they didn't raise the $10k goal at the pop up.  With the way those people were lined up outside, I was assuming they would get some pretty big crowds. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Lawd that scene in Phaedra's office when she dramatically shifted from laughing and carrying on about the upcoming event to cracking voice, downcast eyes and on the verge of tears? I can see why her 'acting career went nowhere.

YES!  This scene was so bad, it was laughable.  How did Phaedra keep a straight face?

I guess I need to go back an rewatch but I didn't follow why Cynthia's deal fell through.  I thought her toasting with her fam by the lake last week meant she had already settled?  Whatev...I'm not that interested.  And I was so annoyed that Noelle wouldn't put down her phone to speak to her mother.

I can't stand Marlo but I was living for her shutting Kenya down.  Kenya did the same shit to Marlo that Cynthia did to her---dropped her like a bad habit as soon as Nene reared her Ramen - noodle head. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Kenya "call security" Moore doesn't want to call the cops on Matt? The first call she makes is not the police, not her dad, or some family member or even bestie Cynthia but to Kandi? Are they even that close? Kenya lives for receipt so why not show the footage of Matt getting on ladders to black out her cameras? Something just stinks here and it isn't just Kenya's struggle acting. Lawd that scene in Phaedra's office when she dramatically shifted from laughing and carrying on about the upcoming event to cracking voice, downcast eyes and on the verge of tears? I can see why her 'acting career went nowhere.

Well, Matt has a penis and that's why she didn't want to "call security" on him, and yet she goes on and on about how violent Porsha is.  Bye Kenya.

Kenya wants to be the perpetual victim, yet she has a nasty mouth.  I didn't like that comment she made about Marlo, "I don't have any old white men here."  Hey, Kenya maybe Marlo knows something you don't.  Those "old white men" probably treat Marlo a lot better than Kenya's fake boyfriends have treated her.  

• Love 21
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

And then Phaedra suggests counseling??? Who goes to counseling with such a violent psychopath? Kandi says, "You might need to come stay here".....then when Kenya does - "Um, what? No, I wasn't serious".Fuck you. 

I was really impressed with Porsha at the popup shop, donating 100% of her earnings, plus giving her own donation. That's how you do charity. The other women balking at 50% made me ill. And I laughed so hard when Kenya made fun of Sheree's sad little booth, but it appeared Sheree made more money than she did. 

DO NOT CARE about Marlo.

They looked like blood droplets to me.  The sort of thing one might get if they broke a window with object a, and decided to reach in with their hand.  Or it could be that he kicked that pane in.  I know that in certain garages, there is an inside lock for added protection, the ones I've seen are a simple slide type lock.  I don't know if he was trying to get at that so he could open the garage manually.  Just a possibility since I'm no garage door expert.  

But he would have had to have been inside that garage so I don't know if he had an opener that wasn't working because of the interior slide lock Or what.  But I don't see how the car window breaks without him being in there.

I don't know that Matt "strongly suggesting" that this is all a storyline is the same as outright denial.  Which is exactly what i would expect at this point from someone who didn't do it.  Especially since he hasn't been shy about social media.

Also, I didn't see the floor of the garage to confirm there was no glass there. 

I'm open to the idea that this was all for show, but it seems like way too much unnecessary effort, his behavior is in line with it, and there is no outright denial that I've heard of.  

Ostensibly, if production broke it, they bought it so why break so many windows when two would get the job done.  From what I could see a back window was broken, her car window was broken, and three panes in her garage were broken.  Why pay to replace 5 Windows when you would only have needed to replace 2?

Edited by RealReality
There was glass on the garage floor
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

I think Matt and Kenya both need a restraining order from EACH OTHER.  They both seem to be unstable to some degree, and they seem to bring out the worst in each other.  #relationshipfail

I do not believe for one second that Kenya is *legitimately* afraid of Matt, though. I just don't. #actingfail   Like it was said upthread, her pathetic ploy for sympathy (and screentime) really does a disservice to people who are actually in abusive relationships. 

I was also surprised they didn't raise the $10k goal at the pop up.  With the way those people were lined up outside, I was assuming they would get some pretty big crowds. 

I think when a man is violent and abusive you are in an abusive relationship per se.  Whether or not you have the right amount of fear.

The glass from her car window was on the garage floor. LOL, it should have been inside the car. Just as the garage door glass should have been inside, not outside. And that "blood"? Real blood dries a darker red. The whole scene was so fake and set up.... were it real, she'd have called the police and we'd have had a Cops crossover. Remember NeNe's bedroom bash at the hotel when Apollo went apeshit on Kenya's friend, and the police were called? Real cops, real cop cars, real flashing sirens. I think back to that with all this Matt/Kenya mess and I'm telling ya.... it's fake.

I don't particularly think women in abusive relationships are always quick to call the cops.  If they "love him" they don't want to get him in trouble.

She and porsha never had a relationship that first seemed caring and intimate and then became abusive.  So the idea that since she called the cops on porsha she would automatically call the cops on Matt seems somewhat flawed to me. 

Also, Apollo/Brandon vs. Matt/Kenya is like comparing Apple's and oranges.  Apollo came for her friend, she and Apollo didn't have a relationship. The dynamics are not the same as an abusive relationship. So I don't think the expectation is the same, for me at least.

There are a lot of women, in my experience, who would never take shit from anyone but a man they are in a relationship with.  I think it's part of the shame they can feel.

And now it sounds like there was glass on the garage floor, how does anyone know:a ) which is garage door glass and which is car glass and b) that there was no glass inside the car?

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Plus, isn't one of the interesting aspects of the show to see friendships and alliances shifting from season to season? I mean, Nene and Phaedra went from not liking each other (especially from Nene's POV) to becoming good friends. Kandi and Phaedra the opposite.

Marlo and Sheree might be friends now, and yes, it might seem head-scratching. But it really isn't all that strange, both for this show and the franchise as a whole.

I think it is the interesting producer driven aspects of the franchises.  

On Sheree, she was much more interesting when her onscreen time revolved around what seemed to be real storylines.  Unless that big drain damaged oaf of a husband has suddenly come into a lot of money, I don't believe for one second she would have even the slightest bit of interest in him.  So this whole cat and mouse game they've got going on the show isn't even remotely believable.  

• Love 4

Just seems to me like they are editing the hell out of this season. Throwing in scenes that were not originally there like the whole Cynthia and Kenya moving in with Kandi BS. We all know Cynthia got the house and Kenya was laughing and giggling, there was something really odd with her behavior in that scene. Also, didn't Matt bust out the glass in Kenya's garage once before and they had the big fight in her driveway? So this is the second time he did it? And she doesn't take out a restraining order on him? Like I said, editing the hell. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, RealReality said:

And now it sounds like there was glass on the garage floor, how does anyone know:a ) which is garage door glass and which is car glass and b) that there was no glass inside the car?

There was garage door glass  on the driveway where the glass was broken, which is why people are questioning  if he broke the glass from the outside, why the glass wouldn't be inside the garage.  As cooksdelight mentioned up thread, it's crime show 101. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3

I think that Kenya is repugnant and it is disheartening, that, she would exploit, a sensitive topic, like, domestic violence, to achieve her objectives. It is shameful, and she is vile and self-serving.  I cannot stand her.  I don't understand Matt, as, a young Black man, in this country, why would  he allow this show, to portray him, in this horrific way.  What an idiot!  This portrayal, will follow him, for the rest of his life. I would put them both, in a basket, of deplorables. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11

This is how I fell about it.

1. Kenya is shady

2. Matt is an idiot

I believe she made up this story line and had him go along with it.  Matt is a thirsty fool and did not realize that she would gladly take this into domestic abuse territory.

Why this is dangerous:

Matt is no Walter.  I could easily seeing him flipping out and trying to hurt her for real to get back at her, thinking, his reputation is already ruined and he has nothing to lose.

I have no idea if I feel scared for Kenya, or if this behavior will just play into her hands.

I hate that this makes a mockery of real people who live in not made up dangerous and abusive situations.  Those people already feel as if the world does not care for them or believe what they are saying.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, RealReality said:

Those disclaimers aren't iron clad, and have been thrown out in the past.  I also don't know if they preclude you from suing other cast members or simply bar suit against the production company.  I haven't seen one of those releases, but I'm not sure how a contract like that would work to protect the rights of someone who isn't a party to the contract.

In a defamation suit, bravo would be added, but then could be dropped if they are precluded from the suit due to a release.  I don't know that they would be a necessary third party to a defamation suit against Kenya.  There may be a clause that requires Matt to indemnify bravo for any lawsuit related expenses they pay to defend kenya Which would essentially make it hard for him to sue her.

And Matt has not been shy in social media, so has he said he didn't do it?

According to leaked contracts, (Simon Barney), they all sign a waiver that allows the HWs and production to tell lies about them and that they give up all rights to sue. I think this is the exact reason that Kenya has never pressed charges against Matt for any of the damage she claims he caused. As long as she doesn't take it that far, he is bound by the contract. I also believe that Matt was in on them "fighting" as a storyline but never thought Kenya/production would claim he was "abusive".

1 hour ago, RealReality said:

They looked like blood droplets to me.  The sort of thing one might get if they broke a window with object a, and decided to reach in with their hand.  Or it could be that he kicked that pane in.  I know that in certain garages, there is an inside lock for added protection, the ones I've seen are a simple slide type lock.  I don't know if he was trying to get at that so he could open the garage manually.  Just a possibility since I'm no garage door expert.  

But he would have had to have been inside that garage so I don't know if he had an opener that wasn't working because of the interior slide lock Or what.  But I don't see how the car window breaks without him being in there.

I don't know that Matt "strongly suggesting" that this is all a storyline is the same as outright denial.  Which is exactly what i would expect at this point from someone who didn't do it.  Especially since he hasn't been shy about social media.

Also, I didn't see the floor of the garage to confirm there was no glass there. 

I'm open to the idea that this was all for show, but it seems like way too much unnecessary effort, his behavior is in line with it, and there is no outright denial that I've heard of.  

Ostensibly, if production broke it, they bought it so why break so many windows when two would get the job done.  From what I could see a back window was broken, her car window was broken, and three panes in her garage were broken.  Why pay to replace 5 Windows when you would only have needed to replace 2?

From what I saw, they were not "droplets" but perfect round spots of "blood". Blood tends to run/streak but what we saw seem to defy gravity. Of course, I did not watch it on HD so maybe I missed it.

1 hour ago, Ellee said:

Wait, this article claims that Kenya was in Cali. and not in her driveway when she saw the damage! Oh and had she video of Matt doing this, it would have been shown just like the last time he broke out her garage windows and why wasn't the alarm "ON" when she is supposedly out of state?

• Love 5