Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E02: The Gang Goes to a Water Park

• Start Topic

The gang takes a trip to a local waterpark, ripe with personal agendas and ulterior motives. Dennis feeds off his mantra of "the park provides" and takes on a protégé. Frank and Charlie are determined to ride every ride by any means necessary and Mac and Dee get stuck in a tube slide for most of the day.

Didn't Homer get stuck in a water slide during an early episode of The Simpsons?

5 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Didn't Homer get stuck in a water slide during an early episode of The Simpsons?

Sure did! It's the first thing I thought of when I saw the preview. Is it the first time someone attempted this in live-action?

Of course Dennis is only in it for the moms in bikinis. And attempting fatherhood was so weird and creepy and hilarious. Getting played by a little girl was the best.

Loved that Charlie doesn't know North on a map, and that he & Frank would try to cut the line by lying about special needs. And of course they claim AIDS, and it's so great how that all tied up in the end. It was incredible.

• Love 4

Better episode, though mostly because I'm not musically-inclined. Haven't done a water park in ages, but this was funny. I'm certain those places are breeding grounds for diluted urine (shit, South Park did a whole episode on that), but what about people getting stuck in the pipe? Loved how Mac and Dee sent an unconscious kid past them.

Dennis is a sociopath. Luckily, he's a bit of an idiot, so that evens things out. Of course he'd get conned by the girl. They shared a montage set to "Hotstepper," so he'd have to play the cool uncle.

Question . . .  has Danny DeVito ever done a movie or TV show where he was a nice guy throughout? With an episode like this, it's good to have somebody who often portrays the president of the troll people ("I DARE YOU TO KILL HER! Now that oughta do it"). And Frank and Charlie are idiots, so it wouldn't occur to either of them that a bottle's worth of water couldn't make Thunder Gun Express any less painful. Well, Charlie did have the wetsuit, so maybe his back would have been spared. Also liked the scene with them and Dennis recognizing and respecting each other's hustles.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Loved how Mac and Dee sent an unconscious kid past them.

So we're to assume that kid is dead now, right?  Because that lifeguard didn't seem too interested in rescuing him.   Actually, all the employees in that water park were pretty blasé about safety.

• Love 2

Of course Mac puts his butt on the drain lol.

There was a mom at the end asking if anyone has seen her kid so I'm assuming hers was the unconscious one. I don't know what it says about me that it made me laugh.

Frank screeching down the dry slide at the end made me cringe. Even though I know it's fake.

• Love 2

So, is David Benioff a fan of Always Sunny or are Always Sunny creators/cast a big fan of Game of Thrones?  I loved his nonchalant "Go.  Go.  Go." 

I'm so glad for Mac and his growing awareness that he enjoys assplay.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Better episode, though mostly because I'm not musically-inclined. Haven't done a water park in ages, but this was funny. I'm certain those places are breeding grounds for diluted urine (shit, South Park did a whole episode on that), but what about people getting stuck in the pipe? Loved how Mac and Dee sent an unconscious kid past them.

Dennis is a sociopath. Luckily, he's a bit of an idiot, so that evens things out. Of course he'd get conned by the girl. They shared a montage set to "Hotstepper," so he'd have to play the cool uncle.

Question . . .  has Danny DeVito ever done a movie or TV show where he was a nice guy throughout? With an episode like this, it's good to have somebody who often portrays the president of the troll people ("I DARE YOU TO KILL HER! Now that oughta do it"). And Frank and Charlie are idiots, so it wouldn't occur to either of them that a bottle's worth of water couldn't make Thunder Gun Express any less painful. Well, Charlie did have the wetsuit, so maybe his back would have been spared. Also liked the scene with them and Dennis recognizing and respecting each other's hustles.

The girl ripping off Dennis at the end is what really elevated that part of the show.  I thought the actress and Howerton did a really good job selling the con.

Danny DeVito in Throw Momma From the Train wasn't a nice guy but he was pretty sympathetic by the end in a weird way.  Martini in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest wasn't a bad guy, although he obviously wasn't all there.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, larapu2000 said:

So, is David Benioff a fan of Always Sunny or are Always Sunny creators/cast a big fan of Game of Thrones?  I loved his nonchalant "Go.  Go.  Go."

He and DB Weiss are big fans and they wrote Flowers for Charlie.  I think I read they were interested in casting some or all of the Sunny cast in Game of Thrones but it didn't work out.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Marley said:

There was a mom at the end asking if anyone has seen her kid so I'm assuming hers was the unconscious one. I don't know what it says about me that it made me laugh

She was dressed exactly like the woman in Jaws who said the same thing when the shark came at the beginning of the movie. ?

• Love 7
8 hours ago, vousviou said:

He and DB Weiss are big fans and they wrote Flowers for Charlie.  I think I read they were interested in casting some or all of the Sunny cast in Game of Thrones but it didn't work out.

DB Weiss was the magazine reading lifeguard for those who didn't know

• Love 1

I loved the way this episode tied together, with the gigantic slide calling back to ThunderGun (Thunder Run?), and to the ending bits with Frank as the AIDS guy and Dennis...losing.  I wonder if they'll bring back that girl, possibly as an actual daughter of Dennis (or not.)

• Love 1

Loved this episode.  Solid all around

I hope they bring back the girl for another episode with Dennis.  I don't think Dennis minded losing.  He taught her well

I especially liked the argument between Charlie and Frank about the kind of AIDS he has. 

I thought the kid in the waterslide would starting feeling up Dee. 

Frank going down the big dry waterslide, with about 12 ounces of water, was hard to watch but incredibly funny.

Those water park workers were awful. 

• Love 3

I loved this episode.  It was back to the old Sunny.  I knew the singing episode had enough good writing in it to show me they haven't lost it.  Even though the singing episode didn't do it for me.  

At the end I knew the little girl was lying and pulling something, I just didn't know what until they showed us.  

I died laughing at Charlie giddily pouring the single bottle of water on the Thunder Gun slide.  

Edited by mothmonsterman
  • Love 2
On 1/12/2017 at 0:06 AM, Lantern7 said:

Dennis, a sociopath? it's just the implication

• Love 2

For some reason Charlie saying "Shush, they're opening the park," and Dennis' off hand "why do I have to shush?" really cracked me up. 

I shouldn't look too much into the show, but shouldn't the staff have seen no one was coming out of the slide? Of course, they already showed the staff was nonchalant. 

The whole Dennis/Abby con was out of nowhere but I loved it; especially "do you want to be a  thief or an artist?"

There is nothing that Hotstepper doesn't make better. Charlie Day was looking like he was having a blast.

#NotTheGayAIDS!

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, CaliCheeseSucks said:

Does anyone know where this episode was filmed? It's not on IMDB. Asking for a friend (seriously!). 

I read that they filmed it at Raging Waters Los Angeles in San Dimas, California.

• Love 1

I hope they bring back the girl for another episode with Dennis.  I don't think Dennis minded losing.  He taught her well

I think he enjoyed it, hence why he was replaying it in his mind at the end.

No idea why but the aids blood thing gave me the biggest laugh

and of course Mac would want to sit on that vacuum.

Ok so I am binge watching Sunny for the first time and I watched this episode last night.  I have to say the sequence with Frank sliding down the dry slide through the AIDS blood in the water bit might have been the funniest I have ever laughed at anything in my entire life.  I am not exaggerating when I say I was laughing so hard I almost passed out.  I couldn't breathe and was seeing spots in my eyes.  Holy crap it was brilliant.  So subversive and twisted yet oh so hilarious.   It also looks like Danny lost a little weight prior to this season.  Since I have watched the whole show in the past few weeks it is really noticeable.

Edited by Unclejosh
  • Love 4
On 2/3/2018 at 10:16 AM, Unclejosh said:

Ok so I am binge watching Sunny for the first time and I watched this episode last night.  I have to say the sequence with Frank sliding down the dry slide through the AIDS blood in the water bit might have been the funniest I have ever laughed at anything in my entire life.  I am not exaggerating when I say I was laughing so hard I almost passed out.  I couldn't breathe and was seeing spots in my eyes.  Holy crap it was brilliant.  So subversive and twisted yet oh so hilarious.   It also looks like Danny lost a little weight prior to this season.  Since I have watched the whole show in the past few weeks it is really noticeable.

I was laughing so hard I was crying. And So loud I scared my cat.