Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/9/2017

UniqBlue69
  • Start Topic

Just when I thought I couldn't dislike Jed any more/less? than I do already....today I have no words.

Defend Trump in one breath and then when challenged on her "view" she backtracks.

If it wasn't for Joy & Whoopi I wouldn't even watch this shite.

....and y'all's brilliant snark!

• Love 17

So Jedidiah TURNED OFF the Golden Globe Awards show because she didn't like Meryl Streep's bringing "politics" into an awards show.  She then missed at least an hour of the show!  I don't believe her.   There are winners and presenters who bring up politics at EVERY awards show.  It could be the politics of equal wages, racial discrimination, religious freedom, hiring white actors for various ethnic parts, etc.  

It would be great fun for me to read hundreds of posts from viewers saying, "I turn off my television EVERY TIME that snippy flip-flopper, Jedidiah Bila, comes on my screen."    Maybe I'll start tomorrow.  When The Queen prances out, waving...I'll go!

• Love 18

The noise the audience made when Jedi was defending Trump again today was relieving. It's comforting that the majority of the country still see the sky as blue and not green like the Trump commentators are selling. And I loved Joy pointing out that the country just elected a know-nothing celebrity as their president. Republicans are the last group who should tell Hollywood to shut up at this point.

As much resentment as I have stored up for Whoopi, she and the other 3 ladies together have been a lot of fun lately.  I laughed pretty hard when Sara was talking about how she doesn't want a dog that's smarter than she is. Meanwhile Jedi sits stonily over at the side, gives a fake laugh every now and again, then reaches desperately for her mug as they go to commercial.

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Meanwhile Jedi sits stonily over at the side, gives a fake laugh every now and again, then reaches desperately for her mug as they go to commercial.

Read it like this: Meanwhile Carolina sits stonily over at the side, gives a fake laugh every now and again, then reaches desperately for her mug as they go to commercial.  Doesn't it sound like a line from a novel you'd like to read?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Read it like this: Meanwhile Carolina sits stonily over at the side, gives a fake laugh every now and again, then reaches desperately for her mug as they go to commercial.  Doesn't it sound like a line from a novel you'd like to read?

I'd say it was a RepublicanLibertarian Victim short story Jedi could publish in the fiction section of Breitbart, but, well, fiction is news there.

• Love 6

I keep thinking with horror that Trump's tweets will provide these ladies with something absurd/frightening/pathetic to talk about every day, and I wonder how in the world this could have happened to our country. Are we in for a daily dose of Trump idiocy from the talk shows and late night comics? How long can his feeble, tiny brain withstand all of the criticism? I predict he comes up with a bogus health problem bringing on a resignation, but not before he screws the country up big time. Then we will have Pence, ugh. 

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 14

How Jed could seriously claim Trump was not ridiculing a disabled person, I'll never know. At least the audience let her know how stupid that sounded. As for Trump calling Streep overrated?  My kids got over the "I know you are but what am I?" phase when they were 9.  Doesn't he have more important thing to do?  For God's sake, Kellyanne, Reince, Ivanka, someone, take his phone away!

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 18

I don't know if I can tolerate this show if it's going to be Jedihooha defending Trump like this everyday, and I'm afraid it will be just that. This is different than listening to Bitsy shriek about Obama and Bush. This is someone constantly normalizing a deeply disturbed man, who imo, is mentally unstable and completely unfit for the job. It would be entertaining to see Jed get the four ladies in her face everyday until I remember that the thin-skinned BLOTUS (biggest liar of the United States, tm someone else) will have his fingers on the button.

• Love 19
29 minutes ago, Haleth said:

How Jed could seriously claim Trump was not ridiculing a disabled person, I'll never know. At least the audience let her know how stupid that sounded. As for Trump calling Streep overrated?  My kids got over the "I know you are but what am I?" phase when they were 9.  Doesn't he have more important thing to do?  For God's sake, Kellyanne, Reince, Ivanka, someone, take his phone away!

Kellyanne actually had the nerve to say that it was dangerous for Meryl Streep to use a platform like the Golden Globes to raise up hatred.

• Love 10

Watching the whole show now, and my WTF moment was when Jed says there should be more  opinions represented in awards shows. 

She rattled it off so fast I had to re-wind and hear it again.   "When you have an awards show like this, if you saw more DIVERSITY OF THOUGHT represented, it seems, like every time an issue is brought up, it's a left-leaning issue." 

So what the hell does she want?  if a liberal is given a lifetime achievement award, they should give an equal award to a conservative?  Do movie producers have to go out of their way to make sure they assign acting roles equally across a political spectrum?   do we have to consider "conservatives"  as a group protected from discrimination, along with religion, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation? 

She also said she worried that tv viewers watching might feel "marginalized"  by  Meryl Streep criticizing the person they voted for.  Wow.  So, calling  trump out on his bullying is  now going to be considered to be bullying? Saying Trump's behavior is unacceptable might make people THINK about why they voted for him?  the horror!

OH, and Jed?  I don't know what the hell that sweater is about.  a jewel-studded neckline that extends to one shoulder, which has the "cold-shoulder"  look on one side but not the other.  And the jewels just kind of hang  off that shoulder like it's a headband that got entangled in her clothes. 

and just because I like to keep track of these things - there was ONE pro-trump (or really, anti-Streep)  tweet at the bottom of the screen, at the beginning of Hot Topics, followed by a succession of anti-trump tweets.  I've always wondered if the tweets they show are representative of all they get, or if they are chosen by producers to lean a certain way.  Because there were times in the past when it seemed like the tweeters were yelling at the panelists to stop picking on trump. 

• Love 17

From MaggieMae: "Jed might want to consider Trump took so much flack in late 2015 for mocking the reporter he put it in his act about Cruz in Jan 2016. Didn't fool me one bit."

Wow, I had no idea... Trump was obviously advised to use the same jerky mannerisms to mimic Cruz so his camp can claim it's just what he does. Jed is simply following the mandate. She is despicable. I still maintain though that Elisabeth is the worst. Can you imagine her defense of Trump? I tremble.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Jesus, Jedidiah, if you think there are never political speeches made at awards shows, what alternate universe are you living in?

And why are you, Jed, in showbiz?  Granted,  it's not Hollywood, but tv talk shows news programs, and reporting are also part of showbiz. They get awards too. Get out if you don't like it.  

And quit fucking apologizing for Drumpf!  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Jesus, Jedidiah, if you think there are never political speeches made at awards shows, what alternate universe are you living in?

And why are you, Jed, in showbiz?  Granted,  it's not Hollywood, but tv talk shows news programs, and reporting are also part of showbiz. They get awards too. Get out if you don't like it.  

And quit fucking re-defining,  or deflecting/ lying/protecting  Drumpf's actions on a fucking videotape!  We have eyes, ears, and brains. 

Edited by Tosia
Jef is a moron, desperate for Fox to rehire her.
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, backformore said:

Watching the whole show now, and my WTF moment was when Jed says there should be more  opinions represented in awards shows. 

Wait, what?  

I could have sworn I heard Jed saying it was wrong of actors to lecture people about politics at award shows at all when she started her tirade spoke. 

Are you suggesting that Jedidiya said one thing and then two minutes later contradicted herself, backformore?  That she first said no one should be getting political at awards shows and then she turned around and said the problem is that only left leaning positions are brought up and if more right wingers would speak up, then it would all be okay then?  But ... but ...  I'm confused!!! 

If she really said that, then it means she was trying to make it sound like she was politically neutral about the subject and didn't want to hear about politics at all during awards shows.  But the truth is she really just doesn't want to hear liberal opinions being voiced on award shows, not unless some conservative is going to come out and counter them. 

I thought Jed was all IndependentNeutralLibertarian or something.   Why, it almost sounds like she is secretly a Republican and just doesn't want to come out and admit it! 

I'm just shocked, I tell ya!  Shocked!

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Wait, what?  

I could have sworn I heard Jed saying it was wrong of actors to lecture people about politics at award shows at all when she started her tirade spoke. 

Are you suggesting that Jedidiya said one thing and then two minutes later contradicted herself, backformore?  That she first said no one should be getting political at awards shows and then she turned around and said the problem is that only left leaning positions are brought up and if more right wingers would speak up, then it would all be okay then?  But ... but ...  I'm confused!!! 

Yes, it was weird.  Hard to catch, because of her rapid-fire way of speaking, and other people talking over her because they can't wait until she takes a breath.     But she said there should be more diversity of thought expressed.  AFTER she said she doesn't want a political lecture when watching awards shows. 

I think her meaning was  that she didn't want politics to be brought up, but if it is, "both sides"  (I HATE that way of thinking, as if there are only 2 possible opinions)  should be given.   and WHoopi shut her down, two separate times, by talking about how Hollywood works.   I wanted Whoopi to say "it's not a fucking high school debate! if you win an award, you get to talk!"

ETA - to make sure I wasn't misrepresenting what happened:   Going back -  at the very beginning, Jed said "when I watch an award show, I don't want to be lectured about politics."  then Whoopi talked about how liberal people who lost their jobs, because of backlash about their politics. but right-wing people never did.  THEN Jed  said, "when you have an award show like this, if you saw more diversity of thought represented, it seems as though, every time an issue is brought up, it's a left issue." then whoopi interrupts, explains why you can't dictate what actors say.   The Jed quoted more of Streep's speech, and talked about the audience feeling marginalized by Streep speaking out.  A few minutes later, sunny asked Why Jed turned off her television, Jed said "I turned off my television because I'm tired of hearing political commentary on awards shows. And the went off about how "middle America"  feels that Hollywood is out of touch with them. Whoopi asks "do I have to explain Hollywood again to you?"

Edited by backformore
  • Love 12

Hee Hee!  That whole exchange gave me great joy this morning.  The other thing was that I think Jedi-dumb-dumb in the midst of all that said she did not agree with Trump's response to Streep.  As someone who is so focussed on POLICY, like Jedi-lie-lie is, I thought she should have highlighted that the BLOTUS should really be spending his time on more important things.  Like how to lie about something else, like Russian hacking.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Kellyanne actually had the nerve to say that it was dangerous for Meryl Streep to use a platform like the Golden Globes to raise up hatred.

How does KellyAnne look at her kids at night, knowing damn well, what she has helped unleash, on the world...She used to bash Trump, not too long ago. There is footage out there. Monday morning on CNN, she was arguing with Chris Cuomo, that, we should not judge Trump, by his words, but, by his heart.  I literally laugh out loud, on how, this loathsome creature, has to constantly, twist herself, into contusions, to explain her master's, horrific rhetoric.  Unbelievable!  She scares me when she says or intimates, that, People have to be careful, in their criticisms of Trump. It sends a chill down my spine...Nobody ever calls out her out for that shit..In the past, Fascism, rose to prominence because Democracy, was severely weakened, by autocrats. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 21

Have to say I watch a lot of news/cable. WTF - even my staunch dem brother (early 70's) likes her and I seem to get upset when any of the guys do. Oh, good grief. Seems to me Cuomo is the only one that can. And still be nice. But come on! She is not nice.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I thought Jed was all IndependentNeutralLibertarian or something.   Why, it almost sounds like she is secretly a Republican and just doesn't want to come out and admit it! 

I personally think Jedi is just a political opportunist.  She will be whatever she needs to be stay "relevant".  Does she have core political beliefs?  Sure.  Be a selfish uncaring asshole.  Because honestly that is how she presents herself.  From what I have seen of  her she doesn't care one lick about anyone and anything that isn't directly related to her.  As much as I despised Elisabeth and believe I did I think Jedi is so much worse.  Elisabeth was a twit who just followed the party line but Jedi knows the bullshit she is saying is just that, bullshit.  I don't know how Joy does it.  I for one would have snatched the hair off her head by now.

• Love 18

I'm totally in agreement with whydoiwatchtv's post about the "The View."  I tune in to see the day's hot topics, but the panel only cares about discussing one specific topic every day. I can't take another episode with J-B-B  constantly praising/defending everything Trump says, then W/J/S going on the attack.  Even home shopping networks, which constantly repeat previously aired segments, is more entertaining.  

• Love 3

Wow!! When I read OhioSongbird's amazing post, I literally got chills. SO, SO, SO VERY TRUE!!!

When the election was over and the smoke cleared and I read how many Americans DID NOT VOTE, I was furious because as Whoopi often says, people DIED to give us that right and to not use it is criminal so that's why I say, you got the President you deserved. Those who did not vote, it was enough to push Trump and his deplorables right past the finish line. I get so enraged when I think about all those who fell for his bullshit, this trying to come across as the "Everyman" the whole "I'm just like you" nonsense when the reality is, someone born into wealth and privilege is so far removed from the problems of the average person that he might as well say I identify with Martians.

I also disagree with the poster who said Jed should stay. Yes, you want some opposing views on the panel as it makes for lively debates but she is just so bloody unlikable. She's rude, doesn't know when to shut up and is a hypocrite. You are a Republican, pure and simple and why she lies about it is baffling. I would love nothing more than to see her gone. She's annoying.

• Love 14

I am probably in the minority here.
This is not intended to offend anyone.

I have been trying to watch the View for a while.  It's become entirely too political for my taste.  There is an obsession with Trump that is bordering on twisted/stalkerish/weird.  Is there nothing else to talk about?  I just can't put up with these ladies anymore. 

• Love 2

There should be a variety of topics of more than politics and surveys but if the orange buffoon is in the news(he often is) then it is going to be discussed. This isn't the talk. I'd prefer it if the brought up more issues concerning health and money but I'm not the producer. 

On another note, I wanted to see Jedilibertarian's face crack when Gabrielle Union defended Meryl Streep's speech.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Blondie said:

I am probably in the minority here.
This is not intended to offend anyone.

I have been trying to watch the View for a while.  It's become entirely too political for my taste.  There is an obsession with Trump that is bordering on twisted/stalkerish/weird.  Is there nothing else to talk about?  I just can't put up with these ladies anymore. 

I have been obsessed with the election and all the bullshit going on for a while now, and for a lot of the country, it is the number one topic.  So I am fine with the way the show has been going lately.   It seems more serious, and that matches my mood, I guess.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, Blondie said:

I have been trying to watch the View for a while.  It's become entirely too political for my taste. 

You are not alone, it's hard to watch political discussions on this show, because you have one panelist who takes 20 minutes to spit out a sentence, one who plays ping pong with her eyes, one who spends her morning spouting her asinine opinions, yet tells Meryl Streep she can't express hers.  It's hard to watch this show, I saw the guest list at the beginning of the week and I'm only recording Friday's show because of Joe Biden.

• Love 6

I admit I have been experiencing a little Trump discussion burnout with this particular set of panelists.  You know exactly what each of them is going to say before they open their mouths.  Don't get me wrong .... I get that it's a YUUUGE topic.   The Orange Anus is going to be the POTUS (I still feel a little stunned every time I think of it) and what he is up to is a big deal.  Emotions are running high and there are constant new developments that merit discussion.  But it is getting to the point that they are all just saying the same thing every day and it is starting to feel a bit stale. 

Sunny seems to be the only one who has anything original to say, mainly because she shares a lot of factual information about the issues and that is more interesting (to me) than Joy and Whoopi and their dire warnings and admonishments, Jed's thinly veiled attempts to advance her secret agenda, and Air Head Sara's random musings. 

Of course I don't expect anyone to come out with a wildly revised set of political opinions just for my entertainment.  None of these leopards are going to change their spots.  But the whole thing has become a bit too formulaic.  It's starting to be the same thing every day.  Whoopi throws out and issue, her scorn for Trump on full display.  Jed leaps on it trying to sound unbiased but quickly reveals her true conservative colors, then Joy gets indignant and starts making frightening predictions and comparisons.  Sunny recites some facts and tries to raise the level of discussion and then Sara chimes in about how important and complicated the issue is.  Then Jed tries to steer the conversation back to the points she wants to advance causing Whoopi to go into bulldozer mode, telling everyone what the real issue is and what they should be doing about it.  She and Jed tangle for a bit, Joy makes some snarky comments, and if we are LUCKY Sunny will call Jed out for contradicting herself.  Then Whoopi goes to a break and they come back and someone is given time to walk back a comment that has offended some crybabies people on twitter.  Then we get treated to a Kardashian update or a sex poll, after which she show slowly circles the drain for the next 45 minutes until it's over. 

I can't say I am looking forward to four years of this ... 

• Love 18
31 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I admit I have been experiencing a little Trump discussion burnout with this particular set of panelists.  You know exactly what each of them is going to say before they open their mouths.  Don't get me wrong .... I get that it's a YUUUGE topic.   The Orange Anus is going to be the POTUS (I still feel a little stunned every time I think of it) and what he is up to is a big deal.  Emotions are running high and there are constant new developments that merit discussion.  But it is getting to the point that they are all just saying the same thing every day and it is starting to feel a bit stale. 

Sunny seems to be the only one who has anything original to say, mainly because she shares a lot of factual information about the issues and that is more interesting (to me) than Joy and Whoopi and their dire warnings and admonishments, Jed's thinly veiled attempts to advance her secret agenda, and Air Head Sara's random musings. 

Of course I don't expect anyone to come out with a wildly revised set of political opinions just for my entertainment.  None of these leopards are going to change their spots.  But the whole thing has become a bit too formulaic.  It's starting to be the same thing every day.  Whoopi throws out and issue, her scorn for Trump on full display.  Jed leaps on it trying to sound unbiased but quickly reveals her true conservative colors, then Joy gets indignant and starts making frightening predictions and comparisons.  Sunny recites some facts and tries to raise the level of discussion and then Sara chimes in about how important and complicated the issue is.  Then Jed tries to steer the conversation back to the points she wants to advance causing Whoopi to go into bulldozer mode, telling everyone what the real issue is and what they should be doing about it.  She and Jed tangle for a bit, Joy makes some snarky comments, and if we are LUCKY Sunny will call Jed out for contradicting herself.  Then Whoopi goes to a break and they come back and someone is given time to walk back a comment that has offended some crybabies people on twitter.  Then we get treated to a Kardashian update or a sex poll, after which she show slowly circles the drain for the next 45 minutes until it's over. 

I can't say I am looking forward to four years of this ... 

Wow! when you put it that way, I can see why some people are turned off by the show...lol... This is a perfect description of the show...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Refresh my memory folks....BLOTUS stands for? Big Loudmouth of the United States?  I want to share that with Mr. Songbird.   If you like political discourse join us for coffee some Sunday morning watching Charlie Rose and all the talking heads.  Meet The Press, Face The Nation....watch 'em all. 

Jed seemed a little subdued today.  My DVR rebelled so I only got the first 15-20 min.  Did I miss anything?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, OhioSongbird said:

Refresh my memory folks....BLOTUS stands for? Big Loudmouth of the United States?  I want to share that with Mr. Songbird.   If you like political discourse join us for coffee some Sunday morning watching Charlie Rose and all the talking heads.  Meet The Press, Face The Nation....watch 'em all. 

Jed seemed a little subdued today.  My DVR rebelled so I only got the first 15-20 min.  Did I miss anything?

IMO, not much!!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

Someone needs to tweet "BLOTUS" to Joy so she doesn't have to say his name. 

I tweeted Joy.  Let's see if she uses it tomorrow.  There's a "movement", as BLOTUS likes to call it, to get everyone referring to him as BLOTUS by Inauguration Day.

• Love 8

oh my !

I predict Joy will make a joke about Trump being pissed.  You can say "pissed" on this show, can't you?  I could swear I've heard Whoopi use that word.

Trump will surely counter all this by accusing the media of "yellow journalism."

... man, the jokes are just writing themselves.  Tomorrow is going to be fun.

• Love 17