Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Fuller Thanksgiving

Bort

So, I guess this episode had the Fullest House? Heh. 

I do love that they extended the opening credits to include all the special guest stars, including even Scott. 

I guess Danny lost his marbles at his age. I was very creeped out by Danny acting like he was a teen from the 90s/2000s. About the scene when Danny was talking about naked swimming or whatever, I thought "either he's having a mid life crisis, or he's sick and trying to live out his dreams". No, it was a little of both. I guess the latter would have been a little too dark for a sitcom. I really liked DJ and Danny's talk.

I...also wasn't expecting Joey to have four kids. I did laugh at the "How old are you kids?" "Five! Six! Seven! Eight!" I guess Joey and Ginger had their kids very close together. But their kids? Their kids are pretty awful. I wanted to smack them all several times over. I now have had my fill of the Gladstones and none of them can come back and I'd be thrilled. Sorry Joey, but your family's awful. If I was DJ, I would have sent the Gladstones to a hotel. You don't RSVP? You don't get to stay at the house. 

I love that Becky still has baby fever. Jesse seems to have not given in after all these years. It does suck to see them fighting about it, though. I loved the moment between him, Tommy, and Becky. 

I guess the twins are back as well. I'm impressed that they still got the original actors back, even if they aren't actors anymore. And yes, show, we get it. The Olsen Twins are the WORST for not returning. Again, we've heard it a billion times. If you can't get the Olsen Twins, then stop making reference to them. Stop being passive aggressive and either give up, or recast. Viewers will be mad, but I think viewers have to be sick of the passive aggressive comments. 

I felt really bad for CJ. She's getting the short end of the stick. Steve was never going to move on from DJ. He didn't even really try. This is why I prefer Matt to Steve. 

• Love 3

It was no surprise that Joey's kids were total assholes. Those apples fell from the tree and rolled right up next to it. Yeah, I'd have sent them to a hotel, too. I'd have had most of them stay at a hotel in the first place. Maybe just have Danny stay because there's only one of him and it's still his house. 

• Love 3

I think joey and family should have stayed in a hotel due to not RSVPing...and after all the time anf effort DJ put into the sleeping arrangements.

If i didnt knoe netter, Id swear the show was anti steve instead of team steve.  im not sure if its the writing or the actor...but he's like a real stalker..iimho i dont remember Steve being this way on the original show...in fact, when they broke up...it was mutual and they were cool with each other...if memory serves me right.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, kariyaki said:

It was no surprise that Joey's kids were total assholes. Those apples fell from the tree and rolled right up next to it.

Joey is such a nice guy though...annoying but never malicious.

I've decided I don't like episodes with Danny. Mostly because Bob Saget looks so tired, his comedic timing is totally off and Danny just seems weird now.

• Love 5

Doesn't Danny have a wife? Last season they made it a point to give us this info. She only spoke for a second but she exists.

Love that the show is consist in making joey still an ass and including his family in it as well.

The Olsen twin references do need to stop. The more the do it the more it makes sense why the Olsens are checking the no box on returning. Passive aggressive is not cute. 

• Love 6

Holy crap, it's like the writers knew how annoying Joey was for all those years and acknowledged it by making his entire family 100x worse.  Even his wife was obnoxious with all 4 of her lines.  Yikes.  At least they found very...precocious...kids for the part. 

I torally forgot Michelle was a thing right up until Thanksgiving dinner and was surprised that the show hadn't said anything.  Right up until they made Candace pray and John broke the fourth wall.  Classy. 

Overall, I liked this episode.  I wasn't into this season until this episode rolled around. It felt good and I'm glad we finally got to see what Joey's really been up to.  I'm also pleased that they got everyone back, including the Wilhoit twins.  It would have been easy to recast bit im glad they didn't. They definitely aren't actors but they belong. 

• Love 2

Yikes!!! Joey's kids were atrocious! I guess neither he or his wife believe in discipline or manners. 

Im finding Bob Saget a little weird. Maybe it's because I had not seen or heard him in many years.

Im on the 'Stop the Michelle Reference" train. The Olsens don't want to do it. Move on! Personally, I am glad.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, mj2000 said:

Yikes!!! Joey's kids were atrocious! I guess neither he or his wife believe in discipline or manners. 

Im finding Bob Saget a little weird. Maybe it's because I had not seen or heard him in many years.

Im on the 'Stop the Michelle Reference" train. The Olsens don't want to do it. Move on! Personally, I am glad.

Well Joey never has manners, so. It is not that far fetched actually. During the original run towards the end it was almost like the writers knew he was like this and just kept going with it. I'm kind of glad thehy continued it with his terrible family. Apples and trees.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
On 12/10/2016 at 2:51 AM, Spencer Hastings said:

I torally forgot Michelle was a thing right up until Thanksgiving dinner and was surprised that the show hadn't said anything.  Right up until they made Candace pray and John broke the fourth wall.  Classy. 

If they had stuck with just the reference to Michelle the character in the prayer, that would have been fine. I thought it was sweet - my family's Thanksgiving prayer always references the family members not present for whatever reason, so it felt real to me. But having John talk right to the camera wrecked the moment.

Edited by bonniejmac
  • Love 8

Would you PLEASE stop trying to guilt trip Mary Kate and Ashley into coming onto the show? Its really annoying and passive aggressive, and it makes you look bad, not them.

Anyway...still a nice episode and it is cool that so much of the cast is back. I kind of thought they were going to say that Danny was sick and was trying to live hard (well, hard for Danny) before he died, but I guess that would be a little dark for this show. 

Who would have thought Kimmie would be the better parent than Joey! Seriously, his kids are awful, and not in a funny way. They do make me appreciate the kids on this show more. They can be precocious, but never this kind of annoying. 

Becky and Jessie both look amazing. It was cute seeing them with the baby. 

• Love 2

The most relatable line in this episode was Stephanie saying, "Today's about family. Don't let our family ruin that." That sums up every holiday with my relatives, honestly.  Also had a good laugh at Nicky and Alex having to sit at the kid's table. I'm actually surprised that Joey's kids were allowed to act like they did, because on the original show Joey was pretty chill, but he didn't just let the girls get away with everything. There was an episode when he grounded DJ for skipping school. However, I'm 0% surprised he married a magician. 

6 hours ago, Potanical Pardon said:

Is this the first time that we ever saw the other wall? And twice in the same episode? And on any set sitcom type of show?

On this show, yeah, I think so. They showed the other wall on an episode of Friends once. 

Edited by phalange
  • Love 4

I personally enjoy the Michelle/Olsen twins call outs. I hated Michelle, and don't care much for either of the Olsen twins. If they were on this show (or Michelle was recast), I probably wouldn't watch. But I am a sucker for breaking the 4th wall, as well as passive aggressive drama. 

• Love 8

I thought this episode kind of recalled the Thanksgiving one in season 1 of the original, where DJ was trying really really hard to have a perfect Thanksgiving just like her mom used to.

I never want to see Joey's kids again.

• Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:41 PM, Potanical Pardon said:

Is this the first time that we ever saw the other wall? And twice in the same episode? And on any set sitcom type of show?

At least the final episode of Roseanne showed all the walls.   

This episode really brought home to me how the interior of the house exists in another dimension.   The narrow house on the outside without a visible attic, and the voluminous house on the inside that has room for 23 people.   

Edited by jcin617
  • Love 4

Was Joey married in S1? I remember him being around a bunch last season but I don't recall any mention of a wife and kids. When he showed up I honestly thought at first she was his new wife and these were his stepkids everyone was meeting for the first time

I hated everyone pressuring Jesse into adopting a baby. He said no and that he doesn't want to.  Leave him the hell alone. I'd divorce someone over that.

Joey and his family were terrible, but I laughed when his daughters were mocking Ramona. 

I'm glad that DJ and Matt are together.  Steve grates on my nerves.

• Love 1

I wish they would have had Jessie and Becky decide to become foster parents.  I think it would have meant more story opportunities (but, I suppose, Jessie and Becky aren't on the show enough for it to mattter."

The middle son gets all the cute lines, but his acting bothers me.  Yelling is not the same as acting.  

On 12/15/2016 at 10:33 AM, jcin617 said:

At least the final episode of Roseanne showed all the walls.   

This episode really brought home to me how the interior of the house exists in another dimension.   The narrow house on the outside without a visible attic, and the voluminous house on the inside that has room for 23 people.   

The interior of houses on tv never make sense.  The house has other houses right next to it on both sides, so why are people always knocking on the back door?  Heck, even if they had a side yard, they still have a fence and gate, so why would someone come into the back yard to come into the house on the back door (it made sense when Kimmy was younger and lived next door). Plus, I am pretty sure they have windows on the walls that are next to the other houses.   

But this happens on every show.  Lucy and Ricky's apartment didn't make sense either. In one of their apartments they had windows on adjacent walls, which would be fine if they had a corner apartment, but the door was where the outside corner would be.   

• Love 1

How can Joey have kids ages 5-8? He's Danny's age, who said he was 60. I know men can have kids later in life than women, but was his wife supposed to be that much younger than him? 

And it's also kind of insulting to show Joey as being unable to raise his kids to behave. He managed okay with Danny's kids.

• Love 1

I mean, Laura Bell Bundy is only 35, so theoretically if we use her age then Ginger would have been 30 when the youngest was born. I'd be more  concerned that they literally had 4 kids back to back to back. Spending 4 years perpetually pregnant sounds awful.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 6
On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 10:07 PM, superguard9 said:

Was Joey married in S1? I remember him being around a bunch last season but I don't recall any mention of a wife and kids. When he showed up I honestly thought at first she was his new wife and these were his stepkids everyone was meeting for the first time

Supposedly there was a line in Season 1, episode 1 about Joey being married (I don't know if there was a mention of kids as well), but that line got cut.  The only reason I know is because it was mentioned in some articles.  I think the four kids may have been something they added this season.

I also thought that Jesse and Becky were going to compromise and be foster parents.  Or I thought that the compromise would be that they would decide to adopt an older child.

• Love 1

Yes, I remember that Jeff Franklin said that Joey was married with a family back in season 1, but they couldn't fit them in. I think the 4 kids was an idea when they got a 4th season. I mean a year apart from everyone and the oldest is 8. I mean, I get you aren't getty any younger, but yikes! I think my biggest issue this season was skipping over Danny's second wife again this season. I mean, the original series they decided to nix Danny remarrying because they thoughtit would ruin the concept of the show. Then when they were promoting the relaunch they had it where Danny had moved on with his life and had been remarried for a few years apparently. Now, we never see her, see the boys reaction to the only grandmother on their mother's side they have ever known or how everyone else has a relationship with her. Another thing, we have heard them mentioned since last season, but what about DJ's former in-laws? You think we could meet them at one point.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Yes, 4 back-to-back pregnancies sounds pretty awful to me too.

Also, 35 is only a year older than Jodie Sweetin. That just seems creepy to me.

Dave Coulier just likes the younger women. Just ask Alanis.

Seriously though, I'm guessing they went younger because it's not realistic for Joey to have fathered a bunch over kids over the past decade if his wife had been in her 50's or 40's. They didn't want his kids to be teenagers or entering their 20's, so there you go.

And I mean, it does happen. Just look at Alec Baldwin and his secondary offspring with his 32-year old wife who's pumped out 3 kids in 4 years.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Dave Coulier just likes the younger women. Just ask Alanis.

Seriously though, I'm guessing they went younger because it's not realistic for Joey to have fathered a bunch over kids over the past decade if his wife had been in her 50's or 40's. They didn't want his kids to be teenagers or entering their 20's, so there you go.

And I mean, it does happen. Just look at Alec Baldwin and his secondary offspring with his 32-year old wife who's pumped out 3 kids in 4 years.

How true, I mean they could have also done it where Joey met his wife and got married a year or two after the series originally ended and then had kids who would be in high school/college by now. However, good point it was very similar to Alec Baldwin or Rod Steward who had kids at a much later age while their wives were much younger and in primate shape going: "Well, I'm not getting any younger and neither are you." 

I also don't mind the Olsen twin call outs and find them funny and also somewhat necessary because I forget Michelle existed. I don't see a need to recast, just let it be a running joke throughout the series. I honestly thought if the show was a success, they would make a cameo but clearly not.

This has been the funniest episode to me so far. I loved middle-age crisis Danny and even neurotic DJ. Still not warming up to Fernando though..

• Love 1
On 12/19/2016 at 6:45 PM, readster said:

How true, I mean they could have also done it where Joey met his wife and got married a year or two after the series originally ended and then had kids who would be in high school/college by now. However, good point it was very similar to Alec Baldwin or Rod Steward who had kids at a much later age while their wives were much younger and in primate shape going: "Well, I'm not getting any younger and neither are you." 

I think the show wanted Joey's kids to be younger than Ramona/Jackson so they could be like annoying little kids to them. Hence, why Joey has a wife who's Stephanie's age.

• Love 1