Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Sing Me A Song

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, dstranger99 said:

Was anyone else disappointed Olivia wouldn't give Negan a quickie? An X-rated version of this show would be awesome.

That's the problem with Negan.  I think the character isn't just repulsive, he's just plain boring most of the time.  But unfortunately, he's wrapped up in a very nice JDM package.  So when that disgusting creep propositions Olivia, for a split-second I went 'hmmm'.

Gimple and Kirkman are complete idiots.  For some reason they think that the Negan parts of the comics are Holy Scripture (even though they have no problems tossing Michonne's comic storyline out the window) but they aren't working with what they have right in front of them.  JDM is a VERY attractive man.  When he gets a chance to drop the posturing and all the Negan-ness, he's charismatic and can be quite scary.  Negan in the harem is loathsome and I can't see ANY woman agreeing to be with him, even if it did get her family a cushier life.  But when JDM is allowed to do his thing, there are glimpse of why people follow this guy. 

It's unfortunate that tptb can't seem to understand that comics are two-dimensional and a tv show involves live action.  What gets the fanboys wet in one instance, won't work with a wider audience with real life people.  If Kirkman and Gimple had the balls, they'd risk disappointing the comic fans a little and let JDM do his thing.  First of all, cut the dialogue by a million.  Quiet Negan is scarier than 'To be or not to be...' Negan.  Second, take him out of that fucking costume.  Fonzie was NEVER scary. 

When JDM said (on Talking Dead) that the Carl and Negan relationship was going to play out over years, my heart sank.  There's no way I'm going to watch this crap for YEARS more.  In fact, I can't see this show lasting beyond season 8, the way things are going now.

• Love 12

That's the problem with Negan.  I think the character isn't just repulsive, he's just plain boring most of the time.  But unfortunately, he's wrapped up in a very nice JDM package.  So when that disgusting creep propositions Olivia, for a split-second I went 'hmmm'.

An X rated spoof of TWD would be pretty funny. In this episode while Eugene is making the bullet, He could say something cheesy like "Here's a real bullet" and unzips his pants and him and Rosita go at it.

So many funny opportunities, like last week's Tara episode could have been a full blown lesbian orgy in the woods.

And think about the combinations we could use. Morgan uses his "Stick" on Carol, Gabriel blowing Spencer, Teen anal with Carl & Enid, Jesus & Maggie romp on Glenn's grave with Glenn coming back to life from Jesus' magic juice....

Okay, well, back to my lunatic cell now. See ya.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Gimple and Kirkman are complete idiots.  For some reason they think that the Negan parts of the comics are Holy Scripture (even though they have no problems tossing Michonne's comic storyline out the window) but they aren't working with what they have right in front of them.  JDM is a VERY attractive man.  When he gets a chance to drop the posturing and all the Negan-ness, he's charismatic and can be quite scary.  Negan in the harem is loathsome and I can't see ANY woman agreeing to be with him, even if it did get her family a cushier life.  But when JDM is allowed to do his thing, there are glimpse of why people follow this guy. 

He really has gotten better looking with age. I dig the gray in his beard.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ByTor said:

Because Carl knows that even in a ZA you must sing songs in the public domain :)

I've given pretty much all your posts where you explain why killing Negan is impractical "likes", the idea of retaliation makes sense.  After this week, though, I'm not so sure.  I wouldn't count on his 200 or however many guys being loyal enough  to that blowhard's memory to retaliate.  In fact, I wouldn't put it past them to have a dance party in celebration.

If it were not for Simon, i may agree. Simon doesn't seem like a Dwight, that is only there out of fear, and seems very loyal to Negan and also seems to have complete control of his men as well. Its a pretty huge risk to take at the chance that the Saviors might not retaliate. They would still be giving up three groups providing for them. Hell, without Negan they likely would just decide to hell with this only taking some of Ricks/The Kingdom/Hilltops shit and go kill everyone and move into the much nicer Alexandria.

I wouldn't mind Simon taking over though because he is a more interesting villain then Negan IMO

Edited by J----av
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Yes, ASZ invited them in, but I don't think that Deanna and the rest counted on CDB completely taking over; I think she thought of them as sorely-needed "muscle" but things got out of control, mainly because of Rick's crazy ass fueled by lusting after Jessie, and ASZ was screwed.  Sure ASZ would have eventually met their fates anyway, but Rick and CDB definitely hastened it.

Deanna seemed fine with Rick, for the most part. She was close with him right up until the end. 

Didn't The Wolves find ASZ because of Aaron's backpack - one of their own? If CDB, mainly Carol, wasn't there at that time, the entire community would be fucking dead. I am not saying everything Rick and co. did when they waltzed in there was perfect, but I really think a lot of what happened just coincidentally happened around the time they showed up - and now Rick's getting most of the blame for it. If Spencer thinks Rick is such a shitty leader, maybe he should step up and do that. But no, people rarely want to lead. They just want to bitch about those that do. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Yes, ASZ invited them in, but I don't think that Deanna and the rest counted on CDB completely taking over; I think she thought of them as sorely-needed "muscle" but things got out of control, mainly because of Rick's crazy ass fueled by lusting after Jessie, and ASZ was screwed.  Sure ASZ would have eventually met their fates anyway, but Rick and CDB definitely hastened it.

Deanna seemed fine with Rick, for the most part. She was close with him right up until the end. 

Didn't The Wolves find ASZ because of Aaron's backpack - one of their own? If CDB, mainly Carol, wasn't there at that time, the entire community would be fucking dead. I am not saying everything Rick and co. did when they waltzed in there was perfect, but I really think a lot of what happened just coincidentally happened around the time they showed up - and now Rick's getting most of the blame for it. If Spencer thinks Rick is such a shitty leader, maybe he should step up and do that. But no, people rarely want to lead. They just want to bitch about those that do. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, J----av said:

If it were not for Simon, i may agree. Simon seems very loyal to Negan and also seems to have complete control of his men as well. 

True...plus, this actually could be a "be careful what you wish for" situation, because for all they know, an in-charge Simon may be worse than Negan.

1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

When JDM said (on Talking Dead) that the Carl and Negan relationship was going to play out over years, my heart sank.  There's no way I'm going to watch this crap for YEARS more. 

To put on a positive spin maybe there will be another time-lapse, so we won't see the years it takes for their relationship to play out.  Yep, I know I'm reaching, but I gotta TRY some wishful thinking!

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, ByTor said:

True...plus, this actually could be a "be careful what you wish for" situation, because for all they know, an in-charge Simon may be worse than Negan.

Yeah, I just don't see killing Negan making all their problems disappear. And like you said it may be even worse. At least Negan keeps them alive. With Negan dead do people expect the Saviors to all turn on each other (for some reason), free Daryl and give up having three large communities providing them with food and supply? Together, with or without Negan, the Saviors are still by far the biggest and strongest group around. They are not going to turn into nice guys or disbandon just because Negan is gone. Simon seems to love messing with people as much as Negan does 

1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

It's unfortunate that tptb can't seem to understand that comics are two-dimensional and a tv show involves live action.  What gets the fanboys wet in one instance, won't work with a wider audience with real life people.  If Kirkman and Gimple had the balls, they'd risk disappointing the comic fans a little and let JDM do his thing.  First of all, cut the dialogue by a million.  Quiet Negan is scarier than 'To be or not to be...' Negan.  Second, take him out of that fucking costume.  Fonzie was NEVER scary. 

When JDM said (on Talking Dead) that the Carl and Negan relationship was going to play out over years, my heart sank.  There's no way I'm going to watch this crap for YEARS more.  In fact, I can't see this show lasting beyond season 8, the way things are going now.

I think more people will enjoy it when it gets to the stage that Negan starts facing some adversity. It makes sense that they give him complete control now (even though the writers are butchering it) but its not going to be that way forever. They are likely building to a back and forth war on a larger scale then they have ever done. Hopefully when/if they get there it will be more entertaining

Edited by J----av
  • Love 2

The Sunday Cable Ratings are in for "Sing Me a Song":

Also Sunday, “The Walking Dead” stemmed its five-week decline in ratings. The show earned a 4.9 rating in adults 18-49, even with the week before, and rose slightly in viewers to 10.481 million (vs. 10.403 million).

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/westworld-ends-with-season-highs-walking-dead-stops-5-week-slide/

And here are the Live + Same Day ratings for Season 7 so far:

10-23-16 “The Day Will Come When You Won’t Be” 17.029 million
10-30-16 “The Well” 12.455 million
11-06-16 “The Cell” 11.721 million
11-13-16 “Service” 11.402 million
11-20-16 “Go Getters” 10.996 million
11-27-16 “Swear” 10.403 million
12-04-16 “Sing Me a Song” 10.481 million

• Love 2

Negan is currently sitting on the front porch with Judith and Carl. There's no on else with him that would be "on his side." I know there's a lot of variables, but there's no way he should leave ASZ alive. I agree that when he first showed up with everyone they shouldn't have had a full on fire fight, but if there's a time to take a risk, this is it. I know that the "fighters" are all conveniently not there, but still. You dispose of the body, and when anyone comes looking, you just say he left already. 

I don't think that killing him automatically means the whole group implodes, but infighting between them is fairly realistic. Neither would be some people taking the opportunity to just leave altogether. 

It's becoming increasingly absurd and requires just everyone to be massively dumb for this to be even remotely sustainable past this season. Not to mention this alleged army of his seemingly violating everything we know about social dynamics.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, ByTor said:

To put on a positive spin maybe there will be another time-lapse, so we won't see the years it takes for their relationship to play out.  Yep, I know I'm reaching, but I gotta TRY some wishful thinking!

That would really be best, because Carl already looks about 4 years older than he's supposed to be. But knowing this show.....not likely. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Negan is currently sitting on the front porch with Judith and Carl. There's no on else with him that would be "on his side." I know there's a lot of variables, but there's no way he should leave ASZ alive. I agree that when he first showed up with everyone they shouldn't have had a full on fire fight, but if there's a time to take a risk, this is it. I know that the "fighters" are all conveniently not there, but still. You dispose of the body, and when anyone comes looking, you just say he left already. 

I don't think that killing him automatically means the whole group implodes, but infighting between them is fairly realistic. Neither would be some people taking the opportunity to just leave altogether. 

It's becoming increasingly absurd and requires just everyone to be massively dumb for this to be even remotely sustainable past this season. Not to mention this alleged army of his seemingly violating everything we know about social dynamics.

So what happens when Negan doesn't show back up and the Saviors (with Simon who also seems to have complete control and be a psychopath) decide with Negan gone, they don't have to follow his "code" of leaving Ricks crew alive? If anything, Negan (probably Simon too) is the only thing stopping the Saviors from wiping out everyone at Alexandria and taking it as a place to live. Negan's fucked up code is probably keeping them safer then if he was dead 

I don't think it is a coincidence that Simon and Negan are rarely at the same place at the same time. Simon probably just takes over if Negan ever dies and it might be even worse. Hell if Negan wasn't in charge everyone in Ricks crew probably would have been killed when they got captured last season. Negan dead could be much worse for Ricks crew

Edited by J----av
17 minutes ago, J----av said:

So what happens when Negan doesn't show back up and the Saviors (with Simon who also seems to have complete control and be a psychopath) decide with Negan gone, they don't have to follow his "code" of leaving Ricks crew alive?

Or if Simon & his men flat out don't believe that Negan just walked away and nobody knows where he is.  Unless Rick & Aaron found some weapons, they're pretty vulnerable (sorry, Rosita, your "one bullet" ain't doing squat).

• Love 3
2 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Gimple and Kirkman are complete idiots.  For some reason they think that the Negan parts of the comics are Holy Scripture (even though they have no problems tossing Michonne's comic storyline out the window) but they aren't working with what they have right in front of them.  JDM is a VERY attractive man.  When he gets a chance to drop the posturing and all the Negan-ness, he's charismatic and can be quite scary. 

"Complete idiots." Check. They also had no problem wrecking Andrea's character, from what I've read. I never heard of or saw JDM before this show, but yes - he's not only attractive but very sexy and I think he's doing the best anyone could with a character that is so over-the-top and cartoonish.

2 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

If Kirkman and Gimple had the balls,

I think we've seen they're distinctly lacking those appendages.

Someone mentioned how annoying Rosita was in this ep. For me, she's always been kind of a non-entity and one-dimensional - "angry badass". The only time I felt anything for her was when Abe referred to her as "some ass." The writers here seem to be totally at a loss when it comes to writing anything believable for women, but no surprise when coming from people who seem stuck in mental adolescence.

Morgan uses his "Stick" on Carol, Gabriel blowing Spencer, Teen anal with Carl & Enid,

Have you been reading fanfiction? Jesus christ...

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 5

It could be worse, or it couldn't. While I already agreed that it wouldn't result in a total implosion, there's also no evidence that Simon or anyone would take revenge. In fact, it looked like quite the contrary. The likely scenario is that not much changes. Simon might be coy enough to "buy" that Negan somehow didn't return. It's an exercise in risk. A full assault isn't feasible. The adversary is currently unguarded and outnumbered. This is the potentially the least risky option. The do-nothing option clearly isn't sustainable because they will eventually run out of resources. 

I don't quite get the constant opposition to speculating about how to retaliate. Isn't that the point of discussion? What's going to happen? How are they going to do it? The current status quo is ridiculous and doesn't have any remote basis within any social construct. I know the show doesn't either in a sense, but they're asking us to buy in that this universe is close enough like our own. This just isn't how people behave. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, ByTor said:

If I'm not mistaken, technically they weren't invited in, they barged in & Deanna allowed them to stay.  Rick was an asshole in Alexandria from day one, which is why I don't blame Spencer at all for how much he hates Rick.  I love that he always says exactly what I'm thinking about Rick.

Nah. Aaron asked them to come and meet Deanna, they did, Deanna interviewed them, Rick all but told her they shouldn't let them in, she bragged about being able to read people and made him and Michonne constables the next day.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

I'd suggest "MacArthur Park".  "Someone left the cake out in the rain...."

Or,

We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance
And if they don't dance
Well, they're no friends of mine ...

Which reminds me, if you've never had the pleasure of the Safety Dance Literal Video, this is one of the funniest things I ever saw on youtube:

• Love 2
9 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

It seems in the comics that Carl was around 11 years old when he tried to kill Negan. If I look at it that way, then it makes more sense. The messing up, the crying, the "You are my Sunshine" (which could well be the only song a kid would remember), Negan's fascination with the "little future serial killer" - all would be more understandable, IMO,  if he were a child rather than a tall 17 year old old, especially considering all the things he's already done and seen.

Yup, Carl was much younger in the comics and completely traumatized by everything he'd had to do in the ZA (which was everything Carl has done in the show plus a bit of what Carol has done). In the comics, when Negan says that he's a budding serial killer, it comes across as perceptive rather than a stupid joke.

I had always thought they would skip the "Carl sneaks into the Savior's compound" plot on the show because it makes no fucking sense with a version of Carl who is now taller than Negan but I guess I can never underestimate the showrunners.  I had also prayed that they would eliminate the godawful stupid harem because that shit isn't even remotely believable in a comic book, let alone on TV as acted by real people.  *sigh*

Even with all the terrible parts of this episode, I thought there were some good moments - I like that Spencer is voicing valid criticisms of Rick and other people are giving valid replies (hey, this board can't agree on that stuff either); I like Dwight's relationship with his ex in that I think that it's a curdled O'Henry gift of the magi situation and they still love each other but resent each other for what happened; I liked Eugene and Rosita's dialogue; and the scenes between Negan and Carl make me hopeful that JDM can settle into some of the things that made Negan a good antagonist in the comics. 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, rab01 said:

I like Dwight's relationship with his ex in that I think that it's a curdled O'Henry gift of the magi situation and they still love each other but resent each other for what happened;

Then why don't they just leave? Like, defect, if you will. Instead of just sitting in the hallway mumbling, actually *talk* about what's going on. This isn't some Orwellian state where they're under constant watch. They should be able to sneak out if they plan carefully. Someone (presumably Dwight) slipped Daryl a key. You can't tell me someone isn't/hasn't fashioned some secret back door to this compound. Well, you can, and I assume if TPTB don't want one, then there isn't one. 

I guess I'm expecting more plotting and scheming than what we're seeing. I'm certainly expecting more logic to the show universe because everything seems contradictory to me. You've got the green light for 90 minutes episodes. Use that time to establish some framework to what's going on. 

• Love 5
On 12/5/2016 at 8:35 AM, Haleth said:

I know!  How can it be?  In the iron scene everyone was just standing around watching.  Carl had the bat.  All the kneeling and kowtowing is ridiculous.  So many wasted opportunities.

On TTD JDM said something about how the next few years will be fun.  Years???  I was counting on Negan being removed by the end of this season, if not before.  Most of the CDB crew are ready to take him on singlehandedly.  You mean no one is going to do anything for years???  Way to burst my bubble, show.  (I hope that isn't considered a spoiler.  He could be killed off next week for all we know.)

Also on TTD the actress who plays Olivia said she really hauled off and smacked JDM.  Tell me, where does the line form?  I'm so sick of him already, the mid season break will be a relief.

Years?! Oh no. Oh please, no.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

It seems in the comics that Carl was around 11 years old when he tried to kill Negan. If I look at it that way, then it makes more sense. The messing up, the crying, the "You are my Sunshine" (which could well be the only song a kid would remember), Negan's fascination with the "little future serial killer" - all would be more understandable, IMO,  if he were a child rather than a tall 17 year old old, especially considering all the things he's already done and seen.

Thank you for pointing that out. The episode was a non-starter for two related reasons: We should be able to expect Carl to know the consequences of his actions, and it's been established that when you attack Negan, your friends get killed. So his plan, it we can call it that, was not only suicidal but also put the group at huge risk. And from what we learned about Negan, he has a zero tolerance policy for insubordination.

Now if an 11 year old sneaks into your compound with a machine gun and kills two of your dudes, I can see how that would be a novelty to Negan. But not a young man like Carl. So this storyline doesn't make a lick of sense from the get go.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, CrashTextDummie said:

Now if an 11 year old sneaks into your compound with a machine gun and kills two of your dudes, I can see how that would be a novelty to Negan. But not a young man like Carl. So this storyline doesn't make a lick of sense from the get go.

That's what make no sense. There's no reason for Negan to treat Carl any differently than he would any young man (or old man) who killed two of his guys. But yeah, a pint-sized Dillinger would be an interesting "pet" and we know Negan wants interesting stuff and thangs. Hearing 17-year old Carl say, "You better jump out the window so I won't have to kill you" (paraphrasing) doesn't have the "Holy shit!" factor it would have had coming from a little kid. In fact, I thought Carl sounded a bit moronic saying that.  

• Love 5

I didn't know Carl was 11 in the comics. You have the luxury of taking your time in print v television, especially with teen boys who can literally grow up overnight. 

It seems like a large amount of all this season wasn't particularly planned and adapted for a television show. I don't want TPTBs on any show to do what I want, but I do expect some level of professional tv making to be invested. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ganesh said:

That's ludicrous. I'm unspoiled, but just being  a tv watcher, I was under the impression that Negan would be taken out by the end of the season, or at least "Did we get him?" at the end of the season, and then maybe he's in the wind for a few episodes and then they get him.  

From a Jeffrey Dean Morgan interview in Variety last April:

We’re gonna see Negan do some stuff in the next year or two that is not gonna be very nice and I may have to approach that from different angles.

It sounds like he's fixing to be around for awhile.

A shame, really.   I find him only slightly less unbearable than the Governor.   I hated the Governor, and not in a good way.   I hated his name, "the Governor."  I even hated the actor who played the Governor.   I stopped watching the show for two or three seasons after Herschel's death.   For a long time I thought my boycott was about Herschel.  But in hindsight I think what made me angrier than Herschel dying was that the Governor's the one who killed him.

I already hate Negan and his made-up sounding name.   I'm verging on hating Jeffrey Dean Morgan for his tiresome one-note performance.   I wouldn't be surprised if another self-imposed hiatus is in the offing.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4

I do wish we would see a softer side of Negan. He was almost normal human being with Judith. That way he would be more complex and less cartoonish. Maybe all he needs is a baby and he will turn into a big cute cuddly bear. Yeah.

I still hate Rosita. Always have, probably always will. And dear god please let Daryl in shower, I cant watch him anymore! Has it been explained why he has big A on his shirt?

Of all the wtf-ery, the silly molehill I'm choosing to die on this week is Carl's hair. Why does a teen boy have the softest, shiniest, most luxurious hair in the zombie apocalypse? I know this is a tv show and everybody looks better than they would in a real situation, but Carl's weekly Farrah Fawcett is, frankly, ridiculous. 

This show has big problems with hair in general. Obvious dye, no frizz, DARYL, women keeping long hair despite the hazards and presumed heat. I have hair down almost to my butt and I'd probably hack it off to my scalp in the ZA. Hell, as it is I live in sweltering Florida so the majority of my life I'm wearing my hair up and out of the way - and there aren't even any (official) zombies here!

Back to Carl, I just can't even hope to take him seriously when they style his hair like he's starring in a shampoo commercial. Hair and makeup shouldn't stand out like that in a show of this type, IMHO.

Bonus complaint: Why is Jesus nearly always dressed like he's just arrived from the Arctic Circle? Get the fuck outta here!

3 hours ago, Sofinn said:

And dear god please let Daryl in shower, I cant watch him anymore! Has it been explained why he has big A on his shirt?

Daryl was discovered to have had an affair with Father Gabriel and has been marked as an adulterer

Nope, no explanation yet! 

Edited by Door
  • Love 11
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 11:12 AM, TattleTeeny said:

Yeah! And he takes in alpacas from the people who, about 10 years ago maybe, decided they could make money raising them for their hair and no longer want them.

I explored that alpaca trend back then.  SO glad I didn't do it.  Thanks for the update.

• Love 1

I vaguely remember this being a thing, and a sister of a friend did it (I think she still is). What a random kind of trend to just pop up! 

But, had you done it, and changed your mind, maybe you'd have been in contact with JDM! Negan or no Negan, he's pretty cute. He also giggled at so much during the Howard interview--it made me kind of love him. (And he says he's "only" 6'1", I think; I pictured him much taller--maybe due to the season premiere's many upward angles?)

1 hour ago, Door said:

Of all the wtf-ery, the silly molehill I'm choosing to die on this week is Carl's hair. Why does a teen boy have the softest, shiniest, most luxurious hair in the zombie apocalypse?

Maybe "they" think it makes him look younger? I bet Enid is wildly envious of all those bouncin' and behavin' waves he's got going on. I know I am.

1 hour ago, Door said:

This show has big problems with hair in general. Obvious dye, no frizz, DARYL, women keeping long hair despite the hazards and presumed heat.

You forgot about the bad wigs - the really, really bad wigs *coughKingEzekiel*.  Looks like it came from the clearance bin at the local Dollarama.

• Love 5

Maybe "they" think it makes him look younger? I bet Enid is wildly envious of all those bouncin' and behavin' waves he's got going on. I know I am.

women keeping long hair despite the hazards and presumed heat.

Meanwhile, other people are pointing out how odd it is that people do have maintained hair in this show.

Enid's hair is lovely too! So shiny and straight! I live in a regular life with products and hair dryers and all that shit and it's still a fuzz-fest over here!

That said, I'd leave my hair long in a Z.A. too; no reason for me to look like a poof-mess every two weeks just because walkers are around. As it is now, it's long but up in a ponytail or bun 90% of the time.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, ganesh said:

Then why don't they just leave? Like, defect, if you will.

My memory of past seasons has been really bad, so correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't trying to defect what got Dwight's face ironed?

6 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

I guess the "A" marks him as Negan's property. Because Negan suffers from delusions of Fonziness.

I wonder what would happen if Negan punched a jukebox :)

1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

I'd leave my hair long in a Z.A. too; no reason for me to look like a poof-mess every two weeks just because walkers are around. 

My hair is naturally curly & very thick, and when it's short I look like a have a dead animal on top of my head.  It would be frizzy & poufy no matter what (as I imagine all the Ouidad gel would be gone in a ZA), so it would be long and in a bun for me!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

Yes, Dwight and Shari bailed when Negan decided to marry Shari's teenage sister. She died and then they went back. They stole Daryl's stuff after he helped them and they went back. I have zero sympathy for these two. They made an informed choice to go back to Negan's tyranny.

I realize showing a softer side of Negan might make him a more complex character but it won't soften my Kill Him Till He's Dead stance. I'm not a comic reader so I met this guy when he bashed Glenn's head in. Since then I've met his harem. The man coerces women, at least one of whom is barely above the age of consent, for sex. It's not an equal trade of sex for protection because Negan has all the power. He is repulsive and needs to die. Watching him hold Judith made me nauseous. 

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, Irishmaple said:

Yes, Dwight and Shari bailed when Negan decided to marry Shari's teenage sister. She died and then they went back. They stole Daryl's stuff after he helped them and they went back. I have zero sympathy for these two. They made an informed choice to go back to Negan's tyranny.

I realize showing a softer side of Negan might make him a more complex character but it won't soften my Kill Him Till He's Dead stance. I'm not a comic reader so I met this guy when he bashed Glenn's head in. Since then I've met his harem. The man coerces women, at least one of whom is barely above the age of consent, for sex. It's not an equal trade of sex for protection because Negan has all the power. He is repulsive and needs to die. Watching him hold Judith made me nauseous. 

I wish I could feel the same revulsion for the character.   But he's too one-dimensional.   All I see is a so-so actor mouthing tired lines from shitty writers.  

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, Irishmaple said:

Yes, Dwight and Shari bailed when Negan decided to marry Shari's teenage sister. She died and then they went back. They stole Daryl's stuff after he helped them and they went back. I have zero sympathy for these two. They made an informed choice to go back to Negan's tyranny.

Right! Then don't go back! It's not like this is the only community left in humanity. 

It's not even the only community in this locality. They could have moved on and warned the people they met along the way. 

The problem with much of all of this is that people aren't just leaving. For original ASZ people like Spencer; his family is gone already. Bye Felicia! 

To be fair, most actors can't really make something out of nothing. And really, JDM doesn't have much to work with here. Maybe he was directed to play Negan like this. I would think an experienced actor like him would provide his own input, but he still only has what he has to work with. It's not like they're simplifying the source material for tv. 

He was very good in Magic City, which is where I know him most from. That was a cool show. He's better than just so-so. Beyond the steady paycheck, I'm not seeing much of a challenge playing Negan, so I don't see why an actor, who has been getting steady work for about 2 decades, would want this role long term anyway. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, millennium said:

All I see is a so-so actor mouthing tired lines from shitty writers.  

I agree with this.  Yes, he's following the written script, but I'm not a fan of his delivery (for example knee-bend with odd stresses placed on certain words).

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Right! Then don't go back! It's not like this is the only community left in humanity. 

It's not even the only community in this locality. They could have moved on and warned the people they met along the way. 

The problem with much of all of this is that people aren't just leaving. For original ASZ people like Spencer; his family is gone already. Bye Felicia! 

To be fair, most actors can't really make something out of nothing. And really, JDM doesn't have much to work with here. Maybe he was directed to play Negan like this. I would think an experienced actor like him would provide his own input, but he still only has what he has to work with. It's not like they're simplifying the source material for tv. 

He was very good in Magic City, which is where I know him most from. That was a cool show. He's better than just so-so. Beyond the steady paycheck, I'm not seeing much of a challenge playing Negan, so I don't see why an actor, who has been getting steady work for about 2 decades, would want this role long term anyway. 

I speculated elsewhere that there are probably a couple of million people left in the whole country.  You have this vast expanse of territory with an endless supply of quality shelter, gear and equipment to fish, hunt, and farm, lots of opportunity to create your own little sustainable world someplace.  The people of Alexandria could have just packed up and left as soon as Negan showed up demanding half or his pound of flesh.  What's keeping them there, is it that hard to move out a few hundred miles and set up some walls around another couple of suburban blocks?

I'm hoping Negan becomes just a recurring character next season since it looks like there is no getting rid of him, creating problems for CDB but no longer the main focus.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I think they might have him wear it long to help cover the eye. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I think they might have him wear it long to help cover the eye. 

It could be long enough in front to cover his eye without the rest of it flowing past his shoulders. It's like Maggie, who cut her hair to make it more utilitarian and seemed to think having that fringe flopping down into her eyes was better than just pulling her long hair into a ponytail.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Sofinn said:

I do wish we would see a softer side of Negan. He was almost normal human being with Judith. That way he would be more complex and less cartoonish. Maybe all he needs is a baby and he will turn into a big cute cuddly bear. Yeah.

I still hate Rosita. Always have, probably always will. And dear god please let Daryl in shower, I cant watch him anymore! Has it been explained why he has big A on his shirt?

No, because Show wants to piss people off by rarely explaining all the leitmotifs. "A" was the name of an episode of Terminus.  A was marked on the rail car they were trapped in.  A was marked on FPPs church by the termites.  That annoying ASZ kid who died marked Ricks hand with an  A stamp.   Now Daryl wears the A shirt.   It's tiresome.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

No, because Show wants to piss people off by rarely explaining all the leitmotifs. "A" was the name of an episode of Terminus.  A was marked on the rail car they were trapped in.  A was marked on FPPs church by the termites.  That annoying ASZ kid who died marked Ricks hand with an  A stamp.   Now Daryl wears the A shirt.   It's tiresome.  

Maybe Kirkman never got an A in school and simply can't resist an opportunity to grade his own work? (Talk about grade inflation!)

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

"A" was the name of an episode of Terminus.  A was marked on the rail car they were trapped in.  A was marked on FPPs church by the termites.  That annoying ASZ kid who died marked Ricks hand with an  A stamp.   Now Daryl wears the A shirt.   It's tiresome.  

Ooh - deep. Really deep and symbolic and... nah, you're right. It's tiresome.

• Love 2
On 12/4/2016 at 10:11 PM, SoSueMe said:

Surrogate son til one of the wives comes up pregnant? Is that a man thing?

Wanting to raise someone else's adolescent kid for them is about as common as just randomly wanting to clean their septic tank. Shit, I'll be honest here. If I really have to choose, gun to my head, I'd way rather clean the septic tank.

• Love 6