Type keyword(s) to search

Ryan: What the hell happened to him?

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

My ex husband and I technically have joint custody. But really I have custody and he has visitation that he chooses not to take the majority of the time. He was supposed to have the kids this past weekend and this week while they were on Spring Break.

Yeah he found out I was going out of town and he emailed me on Wednesday he wasn't taking them at all. I had to make my trip a weekend one and scramble for childcare.

We also have joint legal custody but directly under that, it says final decision making is the mothers. So really mine again. Maybe that's what it's like in TN?

• Love 10
6 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I am questioning her more as to why she didn't file last year when he made two threats to her and sent her threatening voice messages. 

I think she wasn't as clued into his drug addition as she is now. I'm sure actually seeing him drive under the influence is more striking than hearing the most sugar-coated version of it the Mimi Jen gave her. It could also simply be that it took her this long to BELIEVE that he could hurt her family, despite his shitty behavior he's always seemed like a benign ass-hole who occasionally rants and raves but didn't really follow through. I'm not saying that's the case, but long exposure to that brand of crazy kind of inoculates you for the most of this. Adding the element of heroin could have just opened their eyes to Ryan's behavior. Or, lastly, I know it's incredibly hard to get a restraining order in some areas (I needed one in my early 20's and it took over a year to be granted,) her lawyer could have advised to wait for more concrete action to be taken on Ryan's part or public opinion of him shifted. 

• Love 22
(edited)
1 hour ago, ActionComics25 said:

I think she wasn't as clued into his drug addition as she is now. I'm sure actually seeing him drive under the influence is more striking than hearing the most sugar-coated version of it the Mimi Jen gave her. It could also simply be that it took her this long to BELIEVE that he could hurt her family, despite his shitty behavior he's always seemed like a benign ass-hole who occasionally rants and raves but didn't really follow through. I'm not saying that's the case, but long exposure to that brand of crazy kind of inoculates you for the most of this. Adding the element of heroin could have just opened their eyes to Ryan's behavior. Or, lastly, I know it's incredibly hard to get a restraining order in some areas (I needed one in my early 20's and it took over a year to be granted,) her lawyer could have advised to wait for more concrete action to be taken on Ryan's part or public opinion of him shifted. 

Maci was aware of his drug problem since 2012 when Ryan entered rehab for the first time.  Nothing will convince me that she was not aware of it. Even if she was not aware of the rehab stint, articles came out about it. 

Then, there is what Maci says on next week's episode (per sneak preview on After Show), "My people know his people" when telling her mom how she has been aware of Ryan's drug use. Surely, people spoke back in 2012 and word got back to Maci.

Generally, TROs are granted within a short period of time here in California. Some as quick as two weeks. I do not know about Tennessee. Kail Lowry (TM2) acquired emergency restraining orders immediately with court dates two weeks later in Delaware.

There are civil restraining orders and the other that is used for domestic violence. Since Ryan is threatening the mother of his child, I think Maci's TRO would be considered similar to one used for DV. I could be wrong since I am using California TRO info.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Legal or not by themselves; when found with heroin, could they not be considered "drug paraphernalia" and warrant their own charge?

If there was a paraphernalia charge, it may have been dropped as part of a plea bargain.  

• Love 2

On the one hand I don't get why Maci didn't do this earlier. This seems like a long time to wait for me. Maybe in TN it's harder to get a restraining order?

On the other hand, I assume Jen and Larry have worked overtime to hide the worst of it from her, so even though she was likely aware of some of the issues, I doubt she knew the extent. Someone struggling with drug use doesn't necessarily mean they shouldn't see their child at all, and it seems like he was barely around much of the time anyway. Maybe it would take sh*t really hitting the fan to finally make that decision.

Whatever the case, at least she's finally doing it now.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, druzy said:

I have seen this case before but it was updated last week. Is viacom saying they don't know who Ryan is?

ryangarn.png

ryangarns.png

It may (or may not) be because he is not an employee of Viacom. Creditors aren't able to do a traditional wage garnishment on independent contractors because their earnings are not considered wages.

• Love 10
(edited)

After all, it's not just a matter of "ok that's done, now you don't see Ryan and that's safer." That's Bentley's dad and this is sure to hurt him even if it's right. I'm sure he loves him and wants to spend time with Ryan even if he knows he isn't reliable. I don't know if she made the right decision, I just know that that would be an incredibly hard one to make. Chelsea had some of the same struggles...the line between "he's a fuckup but I'll let my kid see him sometimes for their own happiness" and "he is an active danger" can be a fine one, especially with folks like Jen and Larry in the mix enabling and lying for him.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 12
56 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

On the one hand I don't get why Maci didn't do this earlier. This seems like a long time to wait for me. Maybe in TN it's harder to get a restraining order?

On the other hand, I assume Jen and Larry have worked overtime to hide the worst of it from her, so even though she was likely aware of some of the issues, I doubt she knew the extent. Someone struggling with drug use doesn't necessarily mean they shouldn't see their child at all, and it seems like he was barely around much of the time anyway. Maybe it would take sh*t really hitting the fan to finally make that decision.

Whatever the case, at least she's finally doing it now.

The thing is, the TRO has to do with threats not drug use. It is meant to be used when one has been threatened and fears physical harm. Anyone can be a drug addict, but that does not mean they are also people who go around making threats and cause physical violence. Maci filed due to threats he made.  She would have no case on his drug use alone. Throwing in the fact he is also a drug user is pertinent info for the judge to make a decision.

• Love 7
(edited)
15 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

March 20th? Isn't that the day after Taylor tweeted about Ryan being 30 years old and still needing his ass wiped?  Sounds legitimate to me. 

Good memory

capture-20180403-124944.png

So Ryan saw the tweet and threatened to shoot Taylor. Whatever happened to good old twitter wars?

Edited by druzy
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, druzy said:

Wow. That's insane. Ryan is clearly spiraling out of control. And THIS is the man Mackenzie wants to have a baby with???

(Also, per Taylor's RO - didn't realize Ryan was 6'2!!!)

1 hour ago, druzy said:

I love that Taylor said Ryan threatened to show up at "our" son's baseball game. I'm happy Bentley has Taylor in his life.

Me too. He never makes a distinction between Bentley and Maverick/Jayde. I know he can be a bit of a doofus at times, but he is a good step-father. Bentley is really blessed in that regard. 

43 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

March 20th? Isn't that the day after Taylor tweeted about Ryan being 30 years old and still needing his ass wiped?  Sounds legitimate to me. 

Well....that was quite immature....but this was right after yet another episode of Mack/Rhine blaming Maci for all their problems. I'd be annoyed too. No matter what, you don't escalate a shitty Twitter comment to death threats. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Wow. That's insane. Ryan is clearly spiraling out of control. And THIS is the man Mackenzie wants to have a baby with???

(Also, per Taylor's RO - didn't realize Ryan was 6'2!!!)

Me too. He never makes a distinction between Bentley and Maverick/Jayde. I know he can be a bit of a doofus at times, but he is a good step-father. Bentley is really blessed in that regard. 

Well....that was quite immature....but this was right after yet another episode of Mack/Rhine blaming Maci for all their problems. I'd be annoyed too. No matter what, you don't escalate a shitty Twitter comment to death threats. 

I hope my comment didn't make it seemed like I was co-signing Ryan's threats. I was more so confirming the validity of Taylor's accusation that Ryan threatened him.

@druzy Ryan's brain is too fried to engage in a Twitter war. Lol 

• Love 7

I am so curious as to what is going on in Ryan's head. Obviously, drugs, but they seemed to make him so passive before. This level of rage just seems...for lack of a better explanation, more effort to even have than what Ryan is usually capable of demonstrating.

Has Big Mack responded to any of this yet? If Maci saved her voicemails (and since she referenced them, I assume she's expecting to be asked to produce them, so I would think she'd have them), Mack is going to really struggle to spin this particular debacle as Maci's fault.

34 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I agree that it was immature, but I don't know if I'd be able to keep quiet if Ryan was my stepson's dad. I think I'd say worse. It's good I'm not on TV!

He will have to be very careful going forward. Judges aren't going to like it if you've filed protective orders against someone but continue to engage with them, even on social media.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

In all seriousness, what the heck happened to him? I know he is coddled but at one point, Ryan had  marketable skills( diesel mechanic), lived on his own and wasn't hard on the eyes. Was it the car accident? 

FB_IMG_1522849690229.jpg

He's always been a pain in the ass...spoiled, coddled, entitled...

• Love 11
On 4/2/2018 at 12:39 PM, ginger90 said:

He should have had his license revoked, IMO.

I agree but last summer a woman in her 30s hit my mom head on while driving. She had her young daughter in the car and was found to have overdosed on heroin while driving.  We later found out that 3 years earlier the woman had been convicted of vehicular homicide (she killed someone while driving under the influence) she got probation even though the sentence should have been about 8 years in prison. And get this.. She never lost her driver's license. So Ryan not facing any consequences does not suprise me at all unfortunately. 

• Love 11
(edited)

If you don't want to click the article here is Dr. Drew's groundbreaking advice:

“My advice to Ryan is more treatment, more treatment, more treatment,” Dr. Drew told Us Weekly on Wednesday. “It’s like anybody with that condition. More treatment for a long period of time.”

Edited by druzy
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

I hate the guy but he ain't wrong this time! No cushy place either. He needs a very structured environment. 

Agreed, and Jen & Larry could probably benefit from an Al-Anon type group, or some sort of help themselves...you know, at the very least maybe learn not to slug down brews with their son 2.2 seconds after he leaves treatment?

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

"Your" an idiot . . .

The jokes write themselves! 

Maybe it's Mackenzie masquerading as her father on twitter. His twitter account was created on March 28th.

• Love 12
(edited)
51 minutes ago, druzy said:

Who died?

The post she responded to was about people who died on Celebrity Rehab. So of course Debra EMBA had to post the most insane thing she could. Why not just shut up, or simply wish him well? They don’t need to be stressed by Ryan’s death? Such an odd woman.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, druzy said:

mac.png

I agree with his assessment of Kailyn's intelligence, although I don't think he's attacking the correct target.

Although, that and the misuse of a form of "your" would lend credibility to the argument that he's the moron father of the moron daughter. 

• Love 17
On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:42 AM, ghoulina said:

Good Lord. Can someone do a flow chart so we can understand all this legal trouble Ryan has supposedly been in??? My mind is swimming. 

How could we miss, not one - but THREE supposed arrests, prior to this probation violation? He was supposedly arrested April 2017, Aug 2017, AND March  12, 2018??? Then violated probation on the 28th? Which probation was this a violation of??? Because you'd think if he was put on probation from the very first arrest, ANY of these subsequent arrests would be a PV. Why would missing a drug test warrant a revocation, but being caught with actual HEROIN on him wouldn't be??? 

I'm so fucking confused. 

Also, Mack wants to act like MISSING a drug test is so superior to FAILING one. Does she not realize that most people miss them on purpose???? Because they'd fail????

When arrests happen close in time (I realize 8 months isn't that close, but in the criminal justice system, things tend to move somewhat slow) a lot of times the DA will file a petition to revoke probation on more than one basis.  So they could've petitioned to revoke his probation and cited both arrests and the missed test.   Or perhaps he was arrested in August, but they were waiting on lab tests before they filed the case, ect.   At least here in CA, it's actually quite common to wait almost a year between an arrest and when charges are actually filed.

• Love 9

Wow ! A year of waiting. I can't imagine how I could function waiting that long on a court date. They are SWIFT here. One of the 'kids' in the family fucked up big time on NYE and was in court before the end of the week. 

• Love 8
On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:47 AM, Rebecca said:

The theory that he knows someone high up in the police or courts in his area is making more and more sense. When I was 19 I was with a group of people and one was arrested because we were about to underage drink at a boat landing and the cops showed up. No one even cracked a beer yet but because we had the beer they had probable cause to search the 2 vehicles with us. The guy I was riding with had cocaine and multiple bongs in his trunk and the cops found them. He was arrested and HIS CAR WAS IMPOUNDED because it had been used in a crime. All the rest of us had to squeeze into the other car (1 person too many for seatbelts) and luckily they let us leave like that and didn’t make us wait for someone else to come so we all had seatbelts. You’d think Ryan’s car would’ve been impounded too... different states but I don’t know what makes my friend’s situation any different. He wasn’t even tested to see if he had been using the coke, just a breathalyzer for alcohol, which he passed because we hadn’t even had time to drink yet. We weren’t even doing the coke that night. (/stupid youth)

EDIT: Btw, he was arrested and spent the night in jail until he could go before a judge the next morning. He was then released on bond. He ended up getting 15 days in jail because it was his first felony offense and it was dropped to a misdemeanor. I just texted him to make sure I remembered all this right. He never got his car back either. 

..and Ryan just gets let go?! There has to be more going on here. I read once that Mackenzie’s family has some money, could they be the connected ones? Is she from the same town?

(For reference, this sentence seems pretty lenient considering what could’ve happened to my friend, he got the lowest possible time, basically, and was on an informal probation with no tests even for a year. He is also white and middle class, his family isn’t as well off as Ryan’s appears to be.)

There are so many factors that go into it, tho.  The town, the time of day, the cop, how much drugs were found, ect.   It's not a black and white thing (no pun intended.)  I've had clients who have gotten taken to jail and their cars impounded and other clients who were just cited out for the same offenses.  It really just depends.  Maybe the cop was in a rush and didn't want to deal with the paperwork.  Maybe he knows the family.   Maybe he felt bad for Ryan, seeing that he hadn't had any history at that point.  So many individual factors go into it, you'll go insane if you try to make sense of it.

• Love 6