Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E21: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I believe what Vicki said.  The cheese stands alone.  That said, I do think she wanted it to come out because she told Kelly.

Shannon's story makes zero sense.  A 50 year old woman should be MORTIFIED to get so drunk that you leave a public place without your bag, or your husband, fall down and injure yourself, find yourself many blocks away from where you were and have no idea how any of this happened.  Her reaction, from the shrieking to the leaving the sofa crying, speaks volumes.  If there was absolutely zero truth to what Vicki was saying, you'd deny it.  Maybe get angry, maybe even laugh it off but you wouldn't freak out and dissolve in tears. 

Heather was right in that Vicki was clearly injured at Glammis and they aren't going to Medevac you out for a pulled muscle.  While I do think that Vicki milked it for all it was worth, I think Briana is a horrible person for saying her mother did so on air.  Vicki may be thirsty but Briana is just as much so.

I still think that Shannon and Tamra planned to get Kelly wasted in Ireland.  Why else make the comment that you were wearing black for Kelly's funeral?  Why insist that she get a drink when she's said no?  Sure, Kelly didn't have to drink it but it's extremely disrespectful in my book to do what Shannon did.  

I hope Meghan does return because these harpies need someone who doesn't back down and isn't intimidated by their shrieking.  

From the earlier story reported Shannon and David had a fight at the restaurant, drunk and angry she probably left the restaurant in a snit, left her purse and David had stick around and pay the four figure bar bill (kidding).  Shannon knew what she had told Vicki, what she was appalled at was that Vicki twisted Shannon night of really stupid behavior into a David battery session.  Shannon has already taken hits for his husband cheating, addressed the 2003 arrest and now her pal Vicki did exactly what Lauri had done to her, re-arranged the facts to indicate something they weren't.  Shannon was crying on the bus, and what I thought was interesting is she was so heartbroken and out of her mouth came, "we renewed our vows."  Even when David was in the throes of his affair, he did stand up for Shannon on a couple of occasions, the night she went to Heather's and at Lizzie's party. 

I always though Shannon's Achilles heel about the affair, was that after discovered, it had more to so with the other woman Nicole, not wanting to leave her husband and there was David moved out of the house and Nicole was not budging.   Shannon had a lot to overcome to put her marriage back together.  Hard to be betrayed and realize at that point in your marriage you were number two and your husband happiness was wrapped up in someone else. 

At the heart of the Vicki reveal is the fact she went after Tamra and Shannon's husbands knowing full well they should be off limits.  I truly believe she thought Brooks was owed some sort of immunity and if Vicki wants to look to someone to blame for starting the hate on Brooks campaign-she needs to look first to her daughter. 

Tamra wasn't drinking that night during filming in Ireland.  I think they planned on doing just the opposite with Kelly ignoring her.   They were talking about Tamra's party-someone Kelly was definitely on the outs with.  Vicki got Kelly worked up there was going to be some sort of ambush.  Heather, Shannon and Tamra just plain didn't care anymore about Kelly and her moods.  It was Vicki and Kelly who after filming stopped sought out Shannon and Tamra for drinks and were turned down.  More than anything Vicki was trying to make something happen and the others had no interest in Vicki's shenanigans.  I hope no one ever offers Kelly another drink should she return to the show.  As a matter of fact I hope someone has the cajones to say-"none for her-she can't handle her liquor."  Can't have it both ways.

I guess Meghan could return for the Reunion every year and give her insight on the season after watching the shows from home.  For the most part all Meghan did was comment on the footage.  Her only firsthand knowledge was the phone calls about Glamis.  I did think it was funny that Meghan was indignant Heather had memorized her text.  Dumb giraffe-actresses memorize lines all the time.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Since Heather led the charge about visiting Vicki in the hospital, I would think she could see where in the normal course of events, perhaps the hosts of the event and family and other accident victims should have been the ones to go to the hospital.  Their excuses are no more valid than Meghan's.  At first it was Shannon and Meghan needed to be there for updates, then Vicki was all alone.  Not to sound cold, but my experience in the ER has been you are rarely alone there are plenty of people buzzing in and out and Vicki wasn't shy about texting in between tests.  I don't know what is accomplished by having frenemies sitting in the waiting room.  Had Shannon and Meghan gone, I am sure Vicki and Kelly would have twisted it to they wanted camera time.

I hate to rehash the subject of who should have gone to the ER to see Vicki (I think NO ONE wanting to go and trying to pass it off to someone else like a hot potato), but I kinda rolled my eyes when Heather said she couldn't go because she didn't want to leave her kid alone with strangers. Did she spend every second of their stay in Glamis with her child?

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, MinDC76 said:

As I said, "I think it's unusual for someone to call the police to stop a verbal altercation with their spouse, if there isn't a THREAT of violence."  I did not say he was necessarily violent during that particular incident.  

Also, to clarify, I did not say that I think he constantly assaults her, but I said I believe he has been physical with her on more than one occasion.  I would find it hard to believe that such a toxic, emotionally abusive marriage has not lead to a physical altercation at some point or points after that many years.  Again-my humble opinion.  

See, IMO, if anyone has gotten physical, hitting/pushing/so on, in the Beador household, it would be Shannon, not David. I base it on what we have seen, Shannon doesn't hold back her opinions/thoughts/anger/aggression towards David like most abused women do towards their abuser. In fact, we have seen David being the one to placate/walk on egg shells around Shannon for fear of her going BSC on him.

36 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I hope Shannon has some real friends, not just TV Heather and Bible-butt Tamra. These women have shown themselves clearly - the Heather who threw a distraught Shannon out of her house was the real woman imo - and yet Shannon seems to trust them. I think Heather and Tamra are every bit as insecure and strategic as Vicki - they're just better actresses. Run Shannon!

You mean when Heather asked an OTT out of control Shannon to "Please leave" her home? The same Heather who knew David was cheating on Shannon but didn't reveal it, even though she could have. One thing that all of these women agree on, except Kelly, is that Heather never betrays anyone's secrets and honors their request to keep certain things off camera. That can not be said about the others.

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

Not really.  She's only filled out recently, which is why I think it's most likely menopause.

Shannon.jpg

Pretty! Maybe she just needs a bit of progesterone cream - great stuff!

• Love 3
16 hours ago, kdl88 said:

Does Vicki also lose $25K when she goes on vacation? Is her business not self-sustaining at all? 

Vicki is full of shit and exaggerates her financial situation beyond belief.  In a previous episode she acted like it would be no problem for her to buy the Merv Griffin estate and a yacht.

surejan.jpg

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, MinDC76 said:

How do you know he did not gaslight her at some point after she found out?  Maybe he didn't try to "make her doubt her sanity," in a way that she recognized.  I can't imagine that he came totally clean about every detail after he was caught.  He would probably have to suddenly have a character transplant and became honest after he was caught.   Maybe I should have just said David has emotionally manipulated her instead.  Either way, both tacks are toxic and part of the tool chest of many abusers/cheaters.

He may be a cheater, but it doesn't follow that he's an abuser.  If he had those tendencies, he hides it well while on camera.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

You mean when Heather asked an OTT out of control Shannon to "Please leave" her home? The same Heather who knew David was cheating on Shannon but didn't reveal it, even though she could have. One thing that all of these women agree on, except Kelly, is that Heather never betrays anyone's secrets and honors their request to keep certain things off camera. That can not be said about the others.

Heather didn't ask nicely - she spoke in that nasty condescending finger-poining way of hers. More importantly, she showed not one drop of empathy. (Talk about feeling sorry for somebody's poor kids!)

What Heather shows me is a person who is so insecure that she has to curate every detail of her life in order to maintain the illusion of being perfectly together and okay.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Heather didn't ask nicely - she spoke in that nasty condescending finger-poining way of hers. More importantly, she showed not one drop of empathy. (Talk about feeling sorry for somebody's poor kids!)

What Heather shows me is a person who is so insecure that she has to curate every detail of her life in order to maintain the illusion of being perfectly together and okay.

Heather asked nicely the first time, then the finger pointing attitude Heather came out when Shannon pressed harder for Heather to betray a friend, something they all say she will not do. The only thing that would have calmed Shannon down, other than a tranquilizer dart to her butt, was for Heather to out Tamra as the source of the info about David's email. Remember, Tamra denied to Shannon she was the one that told Heather and told her to ask Heather directly.

I don't think Heather is insecure, wanting to control yourself in public is something most adults try to do.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 19

I think Shannon has gained weight due to menopause and being happy. For many people, stress and anxiety can cause weight loss- myself included. When I am truly distraught I have absolutely no appetite. I also gained 20 pounds when I went into menopause ! ??

i agree with those that have said that Shannon in no way behaves as if she is fearful of David or any retribution of a physical sort. In fact, it is David that seems to tiptoe around Shannon, to not upset her. 

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Heather asked nicely the first time, then the finger pointing attitude Heather came out when Shannon pressed harder for Heather to betray a friend, something they all say she will not do. The only thing that would have calmed Shannon down, other than a tranquilizer dart to her butt, was for Heather to out Tamra as the source of the info about David's email. Remember, Tamra denied to Shannon she was the one that told Heather and told her to ask Heather directly.

I don't think Heather is insecure, wanting to control yourself in public is something most adults try to do.

To me it seems that Heather might be the one on the show most concerned with her image. Every detail must be perfect with the new house (which itself seems like a stage set) before anyone can see it. She curses like the others (except Kelly) but only off camera. Heather seems like an actress acting - which is why I hope Shannon is careful.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, FamilyVan said:

Yup same here - I was in an anger fit and slammed a cupboard or bathroom cabinet or something, it bounced back and hit me in the face, I needed stitches.  Everyone from the ER doc to my coworkers thought my hubs did it to me.  I even joked about it - "Guess I won't nag him about the trash anymore" etc. like to be funny, but it was tres awkward.  If someone makes the assumption you are battered, and you try to explain that you are not, then they think you are in denial, or covering something, and you pretty much can't win.  Just have to walk away knowing what you know to be the truth.

I agree Shannon does look heavier, I am sure she did not like what she saw when she watched it.  I am sure she will loose it though her weight has been up and down before.

I'm a bit clumsy myself and the other day I almost slipped and fell down the stairs. My husband told me to be careful, he wouldn't want people to think he pushed me.

Vicki is just the worst. When she was shrieking about how Shannon made her out to be a con woman I was screaming "YOU ARE!" from my couch. I really want her gone. Kelly is nuts but I think I could deal with her another season. With Vicki, I seriously can't.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

I think you may be reading to much into Shannon's weight gain. To me it just looks like she's been going through menopause.

I don't think so.  Shannon has gained so much that her arms look twice their usual size.  I was shocked to see she had gained so much in such a short time.  

I've sat through three episodes of this abysmal reunion watching Vicki perched imperiously, morosely, like some declining dowager empress  from her end of the losers' couch (sorry Meghan). I'm glad I won't have to behold the unnerving site for, at worst, another season.

First, her physical appearance: let's be honest, this woman, never a beauty by any known human standards, is rapidly degenerating, perhaps fossilizing, into rather intimidating presence. Her large head constantly swivels around atop a long thick neck like some ancient battleship's 14-inch deck gun, ever ready to fire off verbal salvos. Her steady glare is cold, emotionless, constantly surveying the room and processing the conversation while working hard to remain vigilant and cognizant, even awake. Perhaps one too many Xanax. Her face has become very elongated, its features at times even disconcerting to the TV viewer. The heavily darkened eyelashes appropriately accentuate the darkness of eyes themselves, which stare defiantly at the occupants on the opposing couch. The long but very thin nose seems to be separated by miles from the often slack-jawed mouth below it. All of this framed by a generic D-List Hollywood red carpet hair cut that would display from the bargain section of a drug store wig rack. The badly sagging jowels and neck wrinkles bring to mind an aging bull mastiff, slowed by time but still menacing and potentially dangerous.

But it is her behavior on the losers' couch that really distinguishes her. Here we see her narcissistic personality disorder in full bloom, preening and posing like an innocent young girl one moment, screeching out deafening verbal broadsides the next. Ever aware of the shifting power dynamics in the room, of the incoming bow shots launched from the opposing couch, you can sense the gears of her mind furiously working away, shifting her persona to best suit the needs of the moment. She's transgressed so much these last two seasons, but cannot and will not apologize with even feigned sincerity. Her old soulmate Tamra has abandoned her and become a savvy investor in human futures, now sees her sister in crime as a totally worthless penny stock, no longer worthy of any emotional investment. Shannon, always morally judgemental but so very fragile and easily dismantled, has betrayed and repeatedly condemned her and must be coldly dispatched. Kelly, the petulant piranha-faced mental midget seated beside her, still serves as backup support and as deflection for incoming rounds from the other couch, but she must be treated with extreme care, like the sloshing jar full of nitrogylcerine that she is, lest she go off in her direction. Well-timed stage whispers of advice help keep Kelly properly primed, keep her anger focused on the opposing couch. And then there's Andy, the real threat to her continuing survival as OG of the OC. For the first time, he really seems to be calling her on her shit, actually holding her accountable for her many misbehaviors, hinky schemes, the anger and frustration now evident in his voice.  This is unprecedented and bothersome. After this reunion, she will go to work buttering him up like only she can do and an get back into his good graces.

• Love 21

Shannon did look like she'd packed on a few pounds this year.  Could be menopause.  Could be that she's trying to drink less and she's turning to candy/cookies for relief now.  Meh.  She still looks okay.  Until she opens her mouth and starts with all the self-righteous 'my husband never abused me' crap.  First off:  I doubt David Beador did abuse her physically although I bet those 2 have had some pretty dramatic fights.  Second: I also bet that Shannon did at the time pass off her bruises as 'look what David did to me!!!!' in an email/text to Vicki.  He was having an affair.  She was livid.  She was also drinking.  They were fighting.  And all's fair in love&war.  Now she's backtracking.  This is not to say I'm defending Vicki in all of this mess.  She could have kept her mouth shut and she didn't.  She especially could have kept her mouth shut to Kelley who was a woman she didn't even know at that point.  Vicki saw her, thought she could be a useful pawn in her continued fight with the other women, loaded her up and let her go.  David hit Shannon and Eddie is gay.  Let's get that out into the universe for shits and giggles!

That having been said, I never felt sorry for Kelley, who always seemed to me to be a kind of Real Housewives toy who was programmed to always wear the wrong clothes, always say the nasty thing, always cry at appropriate moments and always always hit first and ask questions later.   Not Real Housewives Barbie because that would be Alexis or Gretchen.  But Real Housewives Action Girl.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

To me it seems that Heather might be the one on the show most concerned with her image. Every detail must be perfect with the new house (which itself seems like a stage set) before anyone can see it. She curses like the others (except Kelly) but only off camera. Heather seems like an actress acting - which is why I hope Shannon is careful.

Heather has sworn on the show before, just nothing like the others, heck, even Vicki doesn't swear all that much. The lead potty mouths are Tamra and Kelly. Watching ones language in public doesn't make someone fake or phony, it means they are adult enough to know time and place. As for her wanting the house to be completely done and decorated to her taste is, once again, not all that uncommon. I don't fault Heather for wanting to put her "best face forward" on this show, I do it when I am in the public as well. My Mother taught us the difference between how you behave out and about as to how you can relax in what you say/do at home, much like being taught the difference in your "inside" voice and your screaming/yelling playing outside voice. LOL

• Love 24
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Heather has sworn on the show before, just nothing like the others, heck, even Vicki doesn't swear all that much. The lead potty mouths are Tamra and Kelly. Watching ones language in public doesn't make someone fake or phony, it means they are adult enough to know time and place. As for her wanting the house to be completely done and decorated to her taste is, once again, not all that uncommon. I don't fault Heather for wanting to put her "best face forward" on this show, I do it when I am in the public as well. My Mother taught us the difference between how you behave out and about as to how you can relax in what you say/do at home, much like being taught the difference in your "inside" voice and your screaming/yelling playing outside voice. LOL

I had a boss tell us in a staff meeting one time (when I was a hairdresser) that when we were on the floor we were on stage and to act appropriately and when we were in the breakroom we were off stage and could act how we wanted.  It worked for this 19 year old gal at the time.  I also liked the way she described her policy on clothes.  Look like you dressed on purpose.  So simple yet made so much sense.  

• Love 14

I believe many over 50 can relate to Shannon and weight gain and especially hard to lose extra pounds.  I am not about fat shaming these women.  So far we have heard Tamra disparage Jeana over her weight, Slade disparage Tamra and Vicki over their weight, we had a significant portion of the season devoted to Tamra's extreme diet and exercise routine, just today another story about Terry and Heather and their of so svelte bods, Heather being called anorexic< Meghan going on about her pregnancy weight gain but here is when it gets a little tawdry-even by tabloid standards:  http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/11/02/shannon-beador-warned-by-rhoc-producers-about-her-weight-gain/

Does anyone really believe production has put Shannon on notice about her weight gain?

• Love 6

Vicki is despicable. She doesn't get what spreading rumors is. And she said about Eddie that she didn't know it wasn't true? Wow. I think Heather did finally get to her in that segment when Tamra and Shannon were off. Even crazy-ass Kelly was agreeing. 

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I have no problem with anyone "putting her best foot forward" - just hope Shannon doesn't actually trust Heather or Tamra, which was my original point.

It wasn't long ago that Vicki seemed like Shannon's friend (to Shannon anyway), Tamra  immediately betrayed her confidence, and Heather suggested Shannon was having a psychotic break and tossed her out of the house without a morsel of empathy. I hope Shannon realizes that she is an easy target for manipulation - and that none of these strategic women are truly trustworthy.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

Yup same here - I was in an anger fit and slammed a cupboard or bathroom cabinet or something, it bounced back and hit me in the face, I needed stitches.  Everyone from the ER doc to my coworkers thought my hubs did it to me.  I even joked about it - "Guess I won't nag him about the trash anymore" etc. like to be funny, but it was tres awkward.  If someone makes the assumption you are battered, and you try to explain that you are not, then they think you are in denial, or covering something, and you pretty much can't win.  Just have to walk away knowing what you know to be the truth.

Oh god isn't that the truth. I had what is still frequently referred to as my week from hell when I was 3 months pregnant.  I tripped in the hallway and managed to give myself a black eye on a door knob, slammed a door on my hand to get bruises across my knuckles the next day. Then finally, 3 days later, the piece de resistance-- I slipped going down the stairs at our apartment and my husband grabbed my arm to stop my fall. Needless to say, the ER to reset my shoulder (with his fingerprints bruises on my upper arm) and my visit with my OB to check to make sure the baby was ok were incredibly awkward. Those injuries, days apart, on a pregnant woman usually only mean one thing. I ended up having to switch OBs because she just couldn't get past it and was permanently extremely cold to my husband. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Wow E! went all out against Vicki.  I guess they were tired of not getting the interviews from the grifter's moll.  http://www.eonline.com/news/811132/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county-reunion-comes-to-its-bitter-end-with-a-showdown-between-shannon-vicki

That is definitely not trying to spin this to make Vicki look better. That's for sure. Considering E is owned by the same company as Bravo, I'd say this is a clue about her status. Also, given the nasty tweets someone posted from Kelly's husband, if they are legit, I'd take that as a pretty clear clue that things are not looking good for her either.  

While I was prepping for the cooking marathon tomorrow, I had the old one on today where they go over season eight(?). I heard one of the producers saying there was a reason that Vicki was the longest lasting HW in all the franchises. She knows how to play the game. I think this time, she overplayed her hand and lost control.

I'll be shocked if she's back. They may be tired of her antics as the staff all agreed on that show that she's the most challenging. Possibly this is her swan song and they're all happy to be rid of her....and her little dog, too. (Bad Wizard of Oz reference to mean Kelly)

• Love 13
56 minutes ago, quaintirene said:

Shannon did look like she'd packed on a few pounds this year.  Could be menopause.  Could be that she's trying to drink less and she's turning to candy/cookies for relief now.  Meh.  She still looks okay.  Uil she opens her mouth and starts with all the self-righteous 'my husband never abused me' crap.  First off:  I doubt David Beador did abuse her physically although I bet those 2 have had some pretty dramatic fights.  Second: I also bet that Shannon did at the time pass off her bruises as 'look what David did to me!!!!' in an email/text to Vicki.  He was having an affair.  She was livid.  She was also drinking.  They were fighting.  And all's fair in love&war.  Now she's backtracking.  This is not to say I'm defending Vicki in all of this mess.  She could have kept her mouth shut and she didn't.  She especially could have kept her mouth shut to Kelley who was a woman she didn't even know at that point.  Vicki saw her, thought she could be a useful pawn in her continued fight with the other women, loaded her up and let her go.  David hit Shannon and Eddie is gay.  Let's get that out into the universe for shits and giggles!

That having been said, I never felt sorry for Kelley, who always seemed to me to be a kind of Real Housewives toy who was programmed to always wear the wrong clothes, always say the nasty thing, always cry at appropriate moments and always always hit first and ask questions later.   Not Real Housewives Barbie because that would be Alexis or Gretchen.  But Real Housewives Action Girl.

Because Andy is incapable of keeping order at the Reunions, there was a lot of side chatter, I think this story may help put things into perspective:  http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/11/02/abusive-incident-between-shannon-david-beador/

It seems pretty evident Shannon got her drink shortly before the struggling couple went on a planned trip to Hawaii.  There seems to have been an issue at the restaurant or with the restaurant and Shannon left, and David picked her up.  Apparently, once home David isolated himself from Shannon, and from what Vicki and this anonymous witness claim, Shannon called in a drunken stupor upset.  Shannon made no claims that David beat her and the brain trust at Vicki's house decided a call to 911 or visit to the house was unnecessary.  The following morning Shannon claimed she did not remember making the call.  So her bruises were probably consistent with trying to play Rambo and break through the door. This anonymous source wasn't sure as to what the bruises were about. All parties agree the children weren't home (they were in Tennessee).  The unidentified third party hanging out with Vicki claims Vicki wanted to keep the incident under wraps-which for all intents and purposes was a phone call from an intoxicated Shannon to Vicki, with no definitive claim of David striking her.  Obviously Vicki had no concerns about David being abusive when she continued to urge Shannon to work their marriage out.  This is back in the summer of 2014.  So the secret being kept by Vicki was Shannon's off the rails behavior at Lizzie's wasn't necessarily a one time thing and of course David's affair. For Season 9.

So the rumor that was circulated this season via Vicki was David beat the crap out of Shannon and it was so bad Shannon had to go to a tropical island to recuperate.  This rumor was exacerbated primarily because Vicki was angry at Shannon for continuing to call her a liar, Vicki's feelings that Shannon's off screen behavior had been suppressed, thanks to her discretion and from her deduction that a man, David that spoke to her so disrespectfully, must be abusive and she had decided two years later the bruises were from David, even though at the time Vicki did not feel Shannon was in danger.  Shannon was certainly not whisked away to a tropical island she posted pictures of she and David all over Twitter, and a couple of days after they returned they filmed the Reunion for Season 9. 

Vicki continuing to twist and throw the condescending I hope you are okay nonsense out there is what incensed Heather and Tamra.  They knew she was up to her old tricks of the gentle twist and then jab.  Just amazing they didn't run the footage of Briana saying her mother is a dirty fighter and makes things up.  Heck, they didn't even show the clip from the preview with Briana talking about her mother's relationship with the truth.

As to Kelly, Vicki reads people well enough to know their limits and Vicki pushed Kelly to her limit by ignoring her and alternately telling Kelly she was about to be ambushed.  Vicki had already seen Kelly go after Tamra by saying Tamra repeats everything you folks tell her.  Vicki knew and she put the wheels in motion.  Only Vicki could find a someone who has zero accountability for her own words.

• Love 18
44 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I have no problem with anyone "putting her best foot forward" - just hope Shannon doesn't actually trust Heather or Tamra, which was my original point.

It wasn't long ago that Vicki seemed like Shannon's friend (to Shannon anyway), Tamra  immediately betrayed her confidence, and Heather suggested Shannon was having a psychotic break and tossed her out of the house without a morsel of empathy. I hope Shannon realizes that she is an easy target for manipulation - and that none of these strategic women are truly trustworthy.

Ok, I see but I still disagree. LOL

I think Heather and Shannon would have been friends had Vicki and Tamra not played them against each other like they did. Tamra would tell Heather that Shannon said _______ and Vicki would go tell Shannon that Tamra told her that Heather said ______about Shannon and each time they did this, they twisted what was said to make it seem/sound worse. Also, remember, Heather was their, Vicki's/Tamra's, initial target that season but Heather refused to play along, she refused to take their bait so they switched it up and pitted Heather/Shannon against each other.

One thing all of them agree with is that Heather never betrays a confidence or exposes off camera issues on camera, ever. She did not out that David was cheating on Shannon even though she knew during Shannon's first season, she never used that info to hurt Shannon and she could have used it as pay back the way both Vicki and Tamra have done to others but she didn't. I would trust Heather but not Tamra, at least right now. Tamra is trying but she still has a long way to go to redeem herself for all her nasty stunts, I would never, ever, trust Vicki or Kelly....ever. LOL Oh, and I would hesitate to confide in Shannon, mainly because she over shares when she gets emotional and she could accidently out something you confided in her with, not out of malice but in trying to help you.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Ok, I see but I still disagree. LOL

I think Heather and Shannon would have been friends had Vicki and Tamra not played them against each other like they did. Tamra would tell Heather that Shannon said _______ and Vicki would go tell Shannon that Tamra told her that Heather said ______about Shannon and each time they did this, they twisted what was said to make it seem/sound worse. Also, remember, Heather was their, Vicki's/Tamra's, initial target that season but Heather refused to play along, she refused to take their bait so they switched it up and pitted Heather/Shannon against each other.

One thing all of them agree with is that Heather never betrays a confidence or exposes off camera issues on camera, ever. She did not out that David was cheating on Shannon even though she knew during Shannon's first season, she never used that info to hurt Shannon and she could have used it as pay back the way both Vicki and Tamra have done to others but she didn't. I would trust Heather but not Tamra, at least right now. Tamra is trying but she still has a long way to go to redeem herself for all her nasty stunts, I would never, ever, trust Vicki or Kelly....ever. LOL Oh, and I would hesitate to confide in Shannon, mainly because she over shares when she gets emotional and she could accidently out something you confided in her with, not out of malice but in trying to help you.

Well, to each her own - but I sure wouldn't trust Heather. imo Meghan was right to be creeped out by Heather's behavior on the bus - mean girl behavior I'd add to the red flags list already mentioned.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

No, you get residuals on life and annuities.  I'm still getting them on the med sups I sold years ago, but they will end  when my license expires this next year.  However,  there is no way Vicki earns anything close to 25 k per week.  Maybe one quarter of that.

She was muttering, but I'm pretty sure she said 3 weeks, which would certainly lead Briana to say that Vicks was milking it. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Well, to each her own - but I sure wouldn't trust Heather. imo Meghan was right to be creeped out by Heather's behavior on the bus - mean girl behavior I'd add to the red flags list already mentioned.

Heather was wrong to touch Meghan's face, overall she wasn't on her best behavior on the bus, to which she admitted to and apologized to Meghan and Kelly for it. Also, Heather was drunk and she still didn't expose anyone's secrets, everyone was drunk except for Meghan and Kelly.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, quaintirene said:

Until she opens her mouth and starts with all the self-righteous 'my husband never abused me' crap.  First off:  I doubt David Beador did abuse her physically although I bet those 2 have had some pretty dramatic fights.  Second: I also bet that Shannon did at the time pass off her bruises as 'look what David did to me!!!!' in an email/text to Vicki.

I simply can't believe this scenario.  And...if Vicki had that sort of text she would have made it public before the reunion...or definitely AT the reunion.  

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

There is no soul in this woman. 

For me that is the most fascinating (and horrifying) part about dealing with a person with npd - the original soul (if ever there was one) has been displaced by a false identity that has no conscience or empathy. I've dealt with two of these soulless creatures up close and it's mindboggling - and sad beyond words because you can't help wondering who they might have been.

• Love 8

Poor Bobby Zarin. He always seemed like such a nice man. I hope he's comfortable because if it's traveled to the brain and lungs, that's not good.

I just watched this and Vicki came off worse than any angry housewife I've ever seen. She's not just heartless but manipulative and pretty evil and shameless. It's crazy how bad she came off here. And to whoever said that the lightbulb went on over Kelly's head, you were so right. It was fascinating to watch that. At one point when all three were yelling at Vicki and Tamra absolved Kelly to some extent, it looked as if she might be starting to cry. It was shocking that she actually was getting it.

Vicki was just horrific. I'm a little shocked. And they were playing it up for sure when they left in Tamra talking soothingly to Shannon back stage. I can't believe that this isn't an attempt to make her look SO bad that they can just dump her. I'd lay a lot of money that the crew has wanted to for a long time. With this, it might be just what they need. She was horrible. She was so mad and Shannon seemed so upset, it was clear who was being portrayed as villain and who was victim. Wow.  Just wow.

Kelly came off as her stooge which is almost worse but not quite. I said weeks ago that Kelly was just Vicki's vehicle to run down the others. She's a psycho and Vicki played her perfectly, as others said above. She's disgusting but she's also pathetic. And Heather's right- so unlikable.

But I'm biased as I like Heather, Shannon, and Meghan and hated Tamra less this year. I think Heather came off fine. Meghan just stayed above the fray. Tamra was fine but feisty. And it's been clear that Shannon had a lot of rough years.  I believe her story as it made little sense and if she was constructing it, it would be more coherent. And it also made her look really bad as it confirmed the drinking rumors that plagued her a few years ago. I had a friend who blacked out as she was, and probably still is, an alcoholic but would never admit it. Shannon's honest, IMO, as she doesn't make herself look good. If she was going to lie, she'd make it look better than that hideous story.

When Tamra yelled "we are all tired of your shit", I got it. They've all banded against her now. They'd have to dump all three, and I doubt Meghan would come back with just Kelly and Vicki who she hates. I think those two will be gone. Like BH, Glanville and Richards were dumped at one time when they brought all the drama. That reunion was as uncomfortable as this one, IMO. I think this is a repeat of that.

Edited by Roxy
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is my next bitch about Vicki and this one is truly heartbreaking.

Last year on July 22, 2015, long before the Brooks questioning the cancer episodes aired (but had been filmed) lower than low Vicki Gunvalson was a guest a Jill Zarin's annual Hampton's party.  http://www.eonline.com/news/782371/this-real-housewives-reunion-in-the-hamptons-couldn-t-be-made-possible-without-the-power-of-jill-zarin Like or hate Jill I always felt she had a very supportive husband in Bobby and their marriage is one that survived in spite of Jill perhaps.  For those who watch  RHONY, Bobby Zarin was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2009.  The cancer apparently was not completely eradicated and was found in his lungs in early 2015.  Sadly, the cancer has returned to his lungs and brain.  http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/11/22/jill-zarin-reveals-her-husband-bobbys-cancer-is-back/  Jill doesn't hesitate to drop a name or two or treatment facility.  I will say this when the cancer reoccurred in 2015 Jill was a one woman machine trying to find the best treatment and care for Bobby.

The piece of human excrement that is Vicki Gunvalson and the love of her life Brooks, perpetuated a cancer scheme.  And to make matters worse she went in on another one to raise awareness.  How could Vicki ever look Jill in the eye knowing she was part of a cancer scheme, be her guest, knowing the storyline was Brooks fake cancer.  There is no soul in this woman.  I can't even fathom how she can look at herself in the mirror.  I am sure she will be tweeting prayers to Bobby-just as Jill did to Brooks FAKE cancer.

Godspeed in Bobby Zarin's journey to recover from the latest cancer. 

I think at this point, Vickie actually has begun to believe her own lies and stories. Like a child that tells a lie and then stubbornly clings to it, then actually starts to believe it. I also think she justifies it to herself by thinking this is her tv life, not her real life. These are her tv friends, not real friends. Like she's on a stage 'acting' for the sake of the show. She's ok with hurting Shannon because I don't believe she ever really thought of Shannon as a real friend. She has 2 realities and sometimes they blur-like when Brooks is in the picture. Her anguish over him is quite real. Weird Vickie World. She may not even know the difference anymore between real and 'reality'. And I think a lot of these reality tv people suffer the same dual reality. I think she really needs therapy. Maybe twice a week. 

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Heather was wrong to touch Meghan's face, overall she wasn't on her best behavior on the bus, to which she admitted to and apologized to Meghan and Kelly for it. Also, Heather was drunk and she still didn't expose anyone's secrets, everyone was drunk except for Meghan and Kelly.

I know they keep saying they were drunk, maybe to justify their ott behaviors, but I don't believe that any of them were drunk. They all seemed stone, cold sober. 

• Love 3

I'm just watching this. I love how Andi asked about the accident and asked Tamra if she felt bad, and Heather jumped in with, "It's called an accident for a REASON." She is hyper-protective of Tamra. It's sort of desperate. Heather just tries so hard. 

I like Kelly's imitations of the other ladies. She does nail it.

I love how Heather kissed up major when she was called out for the reckless pregnancy thing. Heather has been outed by Meghan and Kelly for being fake and a poser. Heather is just way too defensive. BTW, I absolutely can not stand Heather. She just seems to be so desperate for friends, she's like the girl in HS that hung out with all the popular girls, acted like she was friends with the popular girls, but wasn't popular. Just trying too hard to fit in, instead of being happy with being herself.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I think at this point, Vickie actually has begun to believe her own lies and stories. Like a child that tells a lie and then stubbornly clings to it, then actually starts to believe it. I also think she justifies it to herself by thinking this is her tv life, not her real life. These are her tv friends, not real friends. Like she's on a stage 'acting' for the sake of the show. She's ok with hurting Shannon because I don't believe she ever really thought of Shannon as a real friend. She has 2 realities and sometimes they blur-like when Brooks is in the picture. Her anguish over him is quite real. Weird Vickie World. She may not even know the difference anymore between real and 'reality'. And I think a lot of these reality tv people suffer the same dual reality. I think she really needs therapy. Maybe twice a week. 

I know they keep saying they were drunk, maybe to justify their ott behaviors, but I don't believe that any of them were drunk. They all seemed stone, cold sober. 

Heather, Shannon and Vicki had been drinking since dinner and they arrived back at the hotel at close to 3 am.  I think Tamra started after they stopped filming.  They didn't seem that together in the hallway when Kelly wanted to talk with them.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I disagree, if you look at their faces, their eyes as well as listen to what they say/do, all but Meghan/Kelly were drunk. The difference being, we are accustomed to Tamra, Heather and Shannon acting like asses when they are drunk, not so much Heather though. She usually keeps a tight grip/control on her mouth/words/actions and she clearly didn't have any control over herself. LOL

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I'm just watching this. I love how Andi asked about the accident and asked Tamra if she felt bad, and Heather jumped in with, "It's called an accident for a REASON." She is hyper-protective of Tamra. It's sort of desperate. Heather just tries so hard. 

I like Kelly's imitations of the other ladies. She does nail it.

I love how Heather kissed up major when she was called out for the reckless pregnancy thing. Heather has been outed by Meghan and Kelly for being fake and a poser. Heather is just way too defensive. BTW, I absolutely can not stand Heather. She just seems to be so desperate for friends, she's like the girl in HS that hung out with all the popular girls, acted like she was friends with the popular girls, but wasn't popular. Just trying too hard to fit in, instead of being happy with being herself.

Nahhh, I see Heather as one of the rare HWs across this franchise that can/will admit to their bad behavior without having have her feet held to the fire. Heather makes mistakes and apologizes for them and then never repeats the mistake again, unlike the others that keep doing the same stupid, mean/nasty things over and over, offering a weak apology when forced to and then doing the same thing a few days/weeks later. Her apologies are unconditional as well, unlike most of the others.

• Love 24

Like she's on a stage 'acting' for the sake of the show.

So, being a sack of puke is a role she chooses to play?

Congrats, Vicki...you're the most vile HW across the board. Which is quite the feat, considering the wretched Beth Frankel and Teresa Giudice are members of the franchise.

Kelly is such a cartoon.

• Love 11

This last part of the reunion was difficult to watch.  Vicki has joined Nene Leakes, Teresa Giudice and Bethenny Frankel (as jaync noted, above) as a housewife who has overstayed her welcome with me.  I no longer watch Atlanta, New Jersey and NYC because of their talentless hucksterism.  Looks like Orange County is gone, too.  Too bad.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I like Shannon and don't want to see her leave BUT I would welcome it so she could sue Vicki for slander.  Her pockets are pretty deep and I suspect V's are only as deep as her credit cards and next Bravo check.  

I gave myself a black eye once (I stepped on my too long sweats and the heavy glass item I was moving, ok it was a bong and NO I wasn't stoned, hit my eye, I DID have a med mj card and now I don't bother).  People thought Mr. Natalie had hit me.  In fact, while it was a pretty funny accident, he didn't laugh until he knew I was ok and saw me laughing.  Its easy to have people make assumptions.  Yes, I am very klutzy and have always been regardless of having MS.  

I bruise easily and I'm clumsy.  If I do any kind of physical activity I look battered.  Fri/Sat nights out drinking would always end in giant knots with gnarly bruises from bumping into things, now weekends of yard work and house work accomplish the same.  If anyone grabs me, not even hard, I'll get a handprint bruise.  When I was in college one of the doctors at the health center tried to make me get domestic abuse counselling -- I was single at the time but had been working craft services on a student film and was covered in bruises from carrying things.  He was super hardcore in his insistence too.  I almost went just to appease him.  

I think Vicki's supposed $25k loss was over 3 weeks of being out of work.  I doubt both that she lost $25k and that she was injured badly enough to miss 3 weeks of work.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I think the point is, if you like someone enough to buy them a gift and attend their birthday party, you're argument of not being friends holds less water. If I don't like someone, I'm not going to their birthday party and I'm not visiting them in the ER.  Easy enough. The reverse should also be true, especially under the circumstances of nobody else being able to get there for HOURS.  I'd also be OK if they asked her to stay with Vicki until someone else can relieve her but that never happened. I also thought it was shitty how she downplayed it to Shannon. It seems from the retelling of events, she did really understand the gravity of the situation but decided to put in a round of golf before mentioning it to Vicks former best friend. Something's shady. 

I'm fairly sure that Vickie's event was called a contractual obligation rather than a birthday party.

• Love 20
11 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I believe what Vicki said.  The cheese stands alone.  That said, I do think she wanted it to come out because she told Kelly.

Shannon's story makes zero sense.  A 50 year old woman should be MORTIFIED to get so drunk that you leave a public place without your bag, or your husband, fall down and injure yourself, find yourself many blocks away from where you were and have no idea how any of this happened.  Her reaction, from the shrieking to the leaving the sofa crying, speaks volumes.  If there was absolutely zero truth to what Vicki was saying, you'd deny it.  Maybe get angry, maybe even laugh it off but you wouldn't freak out and dissolve in tears. 

Heather was right in that Vicki was clearly injured at Glammis and they aren't going to Medevac you out for a pulled muscle.  While I do think that Vicki milked it for all it was worth, I think Briana is a horrible person for saying her mother did so on air.  Vicki may be thirsty but Briana is just as much so.

I still think that Shannon and Tamra planned to get Kelly wasted in Ireland.  Why else make the comment that you were wearing black for Kelly's funeral?  Why insist that she get a drink when she's said no?  Sure, Kelly didn't have to drink it but it's extremely disrespectful in my book to do what Shannon did.  

I hope Meghan does return because these harpies need someone who doesn't back down and isn't intimidated by their shrieking.  

I want to know how Vickie couldn't feel her arms/hands one minute and was holding a phone taking a selfie from a helicopter the next? 

• Love 19
10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Heather -- the spreader of rumors -- had absolutely no moral ground to stand on in that situation.  For her to get all haughty and order out of her house the woman she'd wronged was quite the disgusting display of hubris.  Heather absolutely needs to control everything and everybody in her orbit, and, though often issuing superficial apologies, never seems to truly think she does anything wrong.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

I want to know how Vickie couldn't feel her arms/hands one minute and was holding a phone taking a selfie from a helicopter the next? 

Hospitals don't need much of a reason to admit insured patients from their ER, and many encourage their contracted doctors to do so.  It is a lucrative source of income.  If there was anything at all going on with Vicki, i.e. possible spinal cord injury, they wouldn't have sent her out the door to call Uber for a ride home.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I believe many over 50 can relate to Shannon and weight gain and especially hard to lose extra pounds.  I am not about fat shaming these women.  So far we have heard Tamra disparage Jeana over her weight, Slade disparage Tamra and Vicki over their weight, we had a significant portion of the season devoted to Tamra's extreme diet and exercise routine, just today another story about Terry and Heather and their of so svelte bods, Heather being called anorexic< Meghan going on about her pregnancy weight gain but here is when it gets a little tawdry-even by tabloid standards:  http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/11/02/shannon-beador-warned-by-rhoc-producers-about-her-weight-gain/

Does anyone really believe production has put Shannon on notice about her weight gain?

No.

When Jeana was introduced on the show, she was heavy on day one.  Same with Quinn.  Vicki has had some thick seasons as well.  Ridiculous.

It's a combination of menopause, drinking alcohol and bringing starchy foods like potatoes back into her life.  Shannon was very particular and controlled about food in the beginning but she seems to have relaxed in order to focus on her relationships...another words, trying to not be as OCDish as she was in the past which was creating tension with David.   I think through therapy she realized she was not embracing the fun side of life and is learning to loosen up with food and other distractions beyond just drinking.

As far as Vicki revealing this "secret" of Shannon's?  It was just embarrassing to Shannon as it demonstrates that she was in such a dark place and made terrible decisions.  Vicki was dropping a bomb on both David and Shannon out of spite.  Of course she is going to react angrily and shrill...she doesn't want her daughters to think they can go on benders when they are teens!  I've said this before and I'll say it again, outing someone's secrets that have no bearing on your life, or any argument, is just beyond low.  Vicki can criticize Shannon for many things, such as the Brooks-cancergate...but this info that Vicki keeps feeding others is just disgusting.  Just like when she fed info to her brother Billy's GF.  Vicki is just icky, always has been, always will be...

• Love 18