Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E21: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

Conclusion. The reunited ladies dish on their traumatic Glamis experience, with old tensions stirred and Meghan on the defensive for her lack of sympathy toward Vicki. The drama of Ireland is also discussed, and Shannon hits her breaking point.

Shannon must have gotten really, really drunk to get that physically messed up. She remembers trying to beat in the door to get at David. I think David was not the abuser, I think in that moment she would have been the abuser if she had gotten in the door. 

14 minutes ago, StevieRocks said:

Why did Madame Puppet say, "I took care of it" when Shannon came back after storming off? What did that nitwit take care of? Nothing.

I guffawed at that too! Madame Puppet, the fixer. 

• Love 9

Heather is so gross.  I never was a fan, but she didn't really bother me that much.  Now I hate her.  Her saying "I was there and Vicki was injured," after Tamra explained Brianna was in the house with her, and saw how she was behaving when the cameras were down, is just insane.  She is only doing it to look good to the public.  I guess her publicist said, "don't say anything bad about the accident or contradict Vicki, no matter what crazy thing Vicki says." 

What a damned coward.  Brianna is a nurse, and was there afterwards, wouldn't she know if her mother was injured?  It is one thing to try to downplay your injuries to not burden anyone, it is a total other to be able to run around and take your neck brace off the minute the cameras go down.  Heather isn't dumb, so why is she acting like she is a fool? 

• Love 18

Well, that was gross.

Heather is nasty and she makes me defend Meghan. The only reason TV Heather (which is basically Heather all the time) made a big deal about someone else going to the hospital to see Vicki was to make herself look good. I don't need to see Hotel Dubrow - Heather can leave now. She's in the same mode she was in her 1st season - not giving anything away about herself. Except now she's lashing out at others in order to appear relevant. 

Vicki - we know how sick your daughter is. In fact, I'm pretty sure her illness is what made your NPD kick in high gear and start using poor health as a storyline. 

Speaking of stories that don't make sense, oy Shannon. The only thing someone slipped you at the bar was the gallon of Grey Goose you ordered & paid for. Vicki sucks, but Shannon's story was a tangled ball of nonsensical yarn and if you don't want your family to hear this stuff you probably shouldn't be on the show.

• Love 24

YES!  It's the super shrill voice that makes me go hmmmmm.  Which is why I still think she may have set Kelly up at her 70s party, tried to get Kelly drunk in Ireland and is hiding stuff about David.

I agree with posters up above about how gross all of this was.  No one came off good.

Tamra?  Sue?  I just finished watching season4.  You have no moral high ground about spreading rumors.  And you did it to a woman who had just lost her fiance.  Maybe you've grown.  I don't know.  I just started season 5.  But you were a horrid woman in season 4.  Maybe this is karma smacking you in the head.

But then, what did Eddie do to deserve this.

• Love 17

OK, so lemme get this straight . . . Shannon wants us to believe she was so drunk she either blacked out and/or had some (um, rather convenient) memory lapses?  Sounds like a stretch to me.  And at its core, this story makes Shannon look like a raging alcoholic who desperately and immediately needs help -- particularly because she cares for 3 minor children.  

Does Shannon realize just how terribly this story makes her look?  This is the best she could come up with to steer everyone away from thinking David hit her?  Really?  Not good, Shannon.  But she chooses to continue on this thing, despite not needing the dough.  I don't get why she's doing this to herself & her daughters.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 20
9 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

OK, so lemme get this straight . . . Shannon wants us to believe she was so drunk she either blacked out and/or had some (um, rather convenient) memory lapses? 

At one point I'm pretty sure she speculated that maybe she got roofied and mugged or something and that was the cause of her injuries.  And then she kind of (maybe) switched to the bruises probably being because she tried to break the door down.

The really odd thing to me is that Kelly seemed to think that this was about the time the police were called that is in the "public record" and both Shannon and Vicki shut that down.  They seriously can't coexist on this show because they had an out to defuse this and decided to go nuclear instead and aired an incident that hadn't been discussed before.

I think this is the first time I saw Kelly read a room.  There was a moment where they were screaming at Vicki and she looked visibly shaken.  Then when Shannon came back Kelly started saying that Shannon's story made sense.

• Love 13

I like Shannon but I don't buy for a second that the drinking wasn't some way to get at Kelly. It doesn't make sense that every time you gather with this particular woman she gets loud and drunk and insulting and then you all bitch about it to THEN actively try to give her alcohol because she once told you that "tequila is an upper" is the height of bullshit. 

• Love 14

Can I make a prediction?

I think we can say buh-bye to Meghan.  She's out of place on this show now.  She's too nice & undramatic -- and we know that's the kiss of death on this show.  Sheesh, poor Meghan sure didn't fit in with the horrible freak shows on the couch she was sitting.  And she certainly didn't belong with the middle-aged shriekers on the other side.  

Don't get me wrong.  I really like Meghan's presence on the show.  She rarely (if ever) screams, but she is one strong gal.  I dig that she doesn't take anyone's crap & she'll readily stand up to Heather & call her out for her phony-ass bullshit & constant underhanded nastiness.  But then again, she does that with all of them.  Still, I wouldn't be surprised if either she wants to leave to be with her baby, or they don't ask her back cuz they want to bring on another screeching Tams/Vicks type.

Btw, what was with Tams calling Vicks an old lady?  Seriously, what is Vicks -- like 4 or 5 years older than Tams?  WTF, Tams?  They sure did quickly run thru the Eddie-is-gay & their marriage is a hoax stuff, didn't they?  Hmmmmm.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

At one point I'm pretty sure she speculated that maybe she got roofied and mugged or something and that was the cause of her injuries.  And then she kind of (maybe) switched to the bruises probably being because she tried to break the door down.

The really odd thing to me is that Kelly seemed to think that this was about the time the police were called that is in the "public record" and both Shannon and Vicki shut that down.  They seriously can't coexist on this show because they had an out to defuse this and decided to go nuclear instead and aired an incident that hadn't been discussed before.

I think this is the first time I saw Kelly read a room.  There was a moment where they were screaming at Vicki and she looked visibly shaken.  Then when Shannon came back Kelly started saying that Shannon's story made sense.

The light bulb came on for a second with/for Kelly. She realized that Vicki set her up/used her to hurt the others. Sadly, she has reverted back to believing that Vicki really, really, cares about her. Tamra is correct and Kelly should heed her warning, Vicki will expose/exploit and twist anything personal that Kelly has shared with her to make herself, Vicki, look better or to exact revenge for any perceived slight Vicki believes Kelly did against her.

Just now, BloggerAloud said:

I like Shannon but I don't buy for a second that the drinking wasn't some way to get at Kelly. It doesn't make sense that every time you gather with this particular woman she gets loud and drunk and insulting and then you all bitch about it to THEN actively try to give her alcohol because she once told you that "tequila is an upper" is the height of bullshit. 

The only problem with that is that Kelly has attacked others stone cold sober as well. She doesn't need alcohol to act like a vulgar ass and the others all know this. LOL

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Can I make a prediction?

I think we can say buh-bye to Meghan.  She's out of place on this show now.  She's too nice & undramatic -- and we know that's the kiss of death on this show.  Sheesh, poor Meghan sure didn't fit in with the horrible freak shows on the couch she was sitting.  And she certainly didn't belong with the middle-aged shriekers on the other side.  

Wasn't that already announced that wasn't coming back.

• Love 6

every time Vicki shook her hideous noggin like a dog with an ear infection, i just wanted to gunt punch her.  Then the half assed blow doll lips, on the fugliest damn blow up doll ever created.  just butt damn ugly inside and out.   She looks intellectually challenged, or possibly early onset senile dementia.  shit, she makes Kelly look sane.  sorry K Dudd, but a very stupid old lady just played your ass.    Man I have developed an irrational hatred of Vicki.  Frankly, I think Brooks, cancer liar and all, was the better person in their ooky relationship.   Now I need a Xanax.

Shannon tells the greatest story ever told.  What?  Shannon, we haven't had roofies in general circulation sines the 90s.  

• Love 15

If you think about it was really genius of Heather, Tamra, Shannon to finally get Kelly (drunk or not) on the bus ride to blurt out the shit Vicki had told her about Shannon/David, Tamra/Eddie and lord knows what else. this is why Vicki was "ordering" Kelly not to turn on her during the reunion. I can only imagine the other unfounded stories Vicki programmed her "dumb bomb" with.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Wasn't that already announced that wasn't coming back.

Oh, I didn't know.  Is this for sure Meghan won't be back?  Makes sense cuz she seemed so removed . . . and maybe even kinda relieved?  Maybe cuz she knew this is the last time she'll ever have to be near this awful shit.  Smart gal for hightailing it away from these horrible shriekers.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

every time Vicki shook her hideous noggin like a dog with an ear infection,

OMG that is the exact description I was looking for.   She does that all the time and it drives me crazy.  Tamra does the same thing.  It's like they are shaking marbles around in their empty heads.

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, mothmonsterman said:

My point is, Tamra was talking about Vicki not being hurt after the fact, per Brianna, so how hurt could she have truly been on the day of the crash?  I think any patient complaining of severe neck pain after a crash out in the dessert would be airlifted out, and we know Vicki lies and exaggerates and likes attention.  The EMT's can't know on the spot if you are really that hurt, so they take the utmost precautions., i.e. airlifting her to a location where they could truly check her out and have the facilities to treat her if she is really hurt. 

It would be the same if someone said they are having a heart attack.  They take your word for it, then run tests, but they are rushing you to the hospital and giving you first in line service.  Proves nothing about Vicki being really hurt.  What proves to me that Vicki didn't get too hurt is: 1. she went home right after.  2. Her daughter, her daughter who lived in the house and is a nurse, said she was not behaving like an injured person, but only when the cameras were off. Hmm.  

Heather had no reason to interject, because really, what does she know?  Yes, she was there, but as to her actual diagnosis and recovery, she has no idea.  Who does have an idea?  Brianna.  I am saying Heather has enough sense to put those things together.  Why interrupt Tamra, when Tamra was only coming with the cold, hard acts?  Phony, if you ask me. 

Heather was referring to Vicki getting hurt in the accident, not that she was or wasn't milking it later at home. As for Life Flight, there has to be a credible reason for it to be called for, believe me, if the paramedics didn't think Vicki was that hurt or possibly hurt, they would not have called for it. They are trained to assess injuries and how serious they are.

8 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Oh, I didn't know.  Is this for sure Meghan won't be back?  Makes sense cuz she seemed so removed . . . and maybe even kinda relieved?  Maybe cuz she knew this is the last time she'll ever have to be near this awful shit.  Smart gal for hightailing it away from these horrible shriekers.

There have been a few reports that she is not coming back but on twitter, Meghan has said that she wants to come back next season if asked. So, her returning or not is still up in the air. I think Bravo and Meghan will address it after the baby is born.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

So much of what Vicks said to Shannon was absolutely maddening -- as well as exceptionally offensive & insulting to her.  And Vicks was acting like she had absolutely NO clue how offensive & insulting her statements were.  GAAAH!!  

I don't know how Shannon didn't go over to Vicks & slap her.  And slap her HARD!!!

And, Vicki still didn't back down or apologize to Shannon.  She just kept repeating some b.s. about "I'll stand behind my statement that no man should ever hit a woman".   (Not that I think the statement is b.s. - I totally agree - I just think that was Vicki's way of non-apologizing)

Shannon is a better person than I - Vicki would be sporting a couple of black eyes if she said that shit about my husband.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Of course Andy looked pissed off.  Vicki's comment about "I like Eddie - I LIKE YOU" came across very homophobic - as if she was saying "I like you, Andy, even if you're gay".  She said something else that I couldn't quite make out at the end of the conversation, and I think that's when Andy got super pissed at her.

I also think that Vicki is just a little bit more afraid of Tamra than she is of the other women, because Tamra has been around Vicki the longest, and has been "best friends" with Tamra.  I'm thinking that Tamra knows a LOT of secrets about Vicki that she could spill if she wanted to be as mean and hurtful to Vicki as Vicki was to Shannon.  I think Vicki doesn't want those secrets to come out, so that could be why she backed off from Tamra.

I so hope that Tamra will spill all of Vicki's secrets, especially those about Brooks/cancer because I suspect there are a lot of them. LOL

Nice recap! http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/real-housewives-of-orange-county-recap-season-11-episode-21.html

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I so hope that Tamra will spill all of Vicki's secrets, especially those about Brooks/cancer because I suspect there are a lot of them. LOL

Nice recap! http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/real-housewives-of-orange-county-recap-season-11-episode-21.html

I think there's even more than that.  I think the secrets go all the way back to when Vicki was still married to Donn, starting with that guy in the pool in Puerto Vallarta (or was it Cabo) that looked just like Donn, and Vicki supposedly hooking up with him (Tamra called her out on this at another previous reunion).  I really think that Tamra knows more about Vicki than anyone.

• Love 11

Shannon should have quit prior to last season, and if she genuinely prioritizes her well-being and her family above Bravo fame, she'll quit now. I have a lot of sympathy for her but she has so little self-control when it comes to talking about her marriage. It makes me crazy to hear the things that she'll blurt out, and she's been doing this for a couple of years now, she's not learning anything. It's probably going to fuck up her daughters royally for years to come, and they don't deserve that. She's not really adding a ton to the show, and I think at this point if she hasn't learned how to not let women like Vicki get her goat, she never will. Better for all of House Beador if she just walks away.

Also, as a survivor of abuse I found the way they were talking about it pretty appalling. Unsurprising of course given what this show is, but....there were definitely times that I would go out with a happy face and bruises on my arms and legs. I don't know, and I don't particularly care if Shannon was being honest or not, but it was shitty for them and even Andy to deem that it wouldn't make sense that Shannon would devise a cover story like that. Many women do, and that's part of why they're so hesitant to come forward...we feel like people will doubt us by default, and use their misunderstanding of the cycle of abuse against us.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

And, Vicki still didn't back down or apologize to Shannon.  She just kept repeating some b.s. about "I'll stand behind my statement that no man should ever hit a woman".   (Not that I think the statement is b.s. - I totally agree - I just think that was Vicki's way of non-apologizing)

Shannon is a better person than I - Vicki would be sporting a couple of black eyes if she said that shit about my husband.

Ah, but some of the good stuff is way too easy to miss.  Anyone notice that Satan Andy brought up the rumor of Crooks beating on Vicks?  And Vicks stage-whispered to Satan Andy that he merely pulled her hair.  How did I hear the stage-whisper?  I didn't, but many thanks to Satan Andy's minion producers -- who (I'm sure gleefully) gave subtitles of her stage-whisper.  Clearly, they love to help make Vicks look like a bigger fool (and liar and cancer scammer and con-artist) than she does herself.

• Love 14
40 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

Shannon should have quit prior to last season, and if she genuinely prioritizes her well-being and her family above Bravo fame, she'll quit now. I have a lot of sympathy for her but she has so little self-control when it comes to talking about her marriage. It makes me crazy to hear the things that she'll blurt out, and she's been doing this for a couple of years now, she's not learning anything. It's probably going to fuck up her daughters royally for years to come, and they don't deserve that. She's not really adding a ton to the show, and I think at this point if she hasn't learned how to not let women like Vicki get her goat, she never will. Better for all of House Beador if she just walks away.

Also, as a survivor of abuse I found the way they were talking about it pretty appalling. Unsurprising of course given what this show is, but....there were definitely times that I would go out with a happy face and bruises on my arms and legs. I don't know, and I don't particularly care if Shannon was being honest or not, but it was shitty for them and even Andy to deem that it wouldn't make sense that Shannon would devise a cover story like that. Many women do, and that's part of why they're so hesitant to come forward...we feel like people will doubt us by default, and use their misunderstanding of the cycle of abuse against us.

Thank you for sharing.  I was giving Shannon a real side eye when she was blurting out that story.  My sister (who I am very close to) went thru an abusive marriage & divorce, which I witnessed helplessly & in horror & in terrible sadness.  Look, Shannon may have been telling a true story.  I just don't believe her story.  I don't.  And I'm wondering if anyone who has been thru an abusive situation (or close to one) had the same reaction I did.  My gut says she doesn't want the real story out there.  Bottom line is she shouldn't be on the show -- particularly if she's so concerned what her daughters will think of her marriage.  Uh, that ship sailed a long time ago, Shannon.

Here's the thing -- OK, I'm having a hard time believing Shannon's story for my own reasons.  But what if she is in fact telling the truth?  Wouldn't it be pretty awful if some of us (maybe many of us) don't believe her?  Whose fault would it be then?  Yeah, of course Vicks is to blame -- BUT not SOLELY.  The sad fact is Shannon is also to blame for putting herself on this show in the first place.  I hope her daughters aren't too badly affected by this.  Why is it I seem to have more concern over the effect of this awful stuff on her daughters than Shannon does?  If she was all that concerned, she'd have left the show long ago.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 15