Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: House Of Shade And Dust

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Sperm and the cash flow from the inevitable wedding show.  See:  Nida, Apollo; Hoppy, Jason--men willing to marry undesirable homely women with money and ticking clocks.

Phaedra may not be statuesque with the body of a model, but she is far from homely.  Even without her money or her lawyer title I can see many men being attracted to her.  I felt the same way about Bethenny a few years ago, but she isn't aging well and does have a very unlikeable side to her, whereas, Phaedra has a keen since of humor and can throw shade without thinking too hard.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I would have gone too, just to throw shade.  Why were her dogs in the carrier?  Maybe for their own protection? 

I keep my pets either locked in a room or in their crates when I have company that will be coming and going, since my pets are indoors only. She lost Velvet when she snuck out through an open gate so I am sure she doesn't want to lose another pet.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Probably with guests and camera crew wandering around and caught up in themselves she didn't want the tiny pups to be stepped on or kicked. That's why you get yourself a reliable dog sitter and drop them off there. I don't think Kenya has the connections socially I do tho or mindset I do. My yorkie is never alone,  always w me or sat or on play dates. 

you made me laugh and I didn't mean to because, no shade, but girl c'mon back here and finish spilling this tea.    Sheree and I standing over here in the breakfast nook looking over our glasses at you lol!   ;)

• Love 5

Ha I wish. This is the only HW cast I've ever found somewhat relatable and the most attractive compared the other ones. Even though she's very boring and has annoying voice, fusty husband, and manipulative parasite of a mother, I could see myself being friends w Kandi. She's the most laid back and I admire her grind. They all seem like they'd be fun to have a drink with or go to a club. 

When I mentioned the dog situation, besides what I do w mine. I'm that person for my friends they're kinda lucky since I also am good at grooming so I often do that for them while they're away when I sit. Kenya has weird taste in yorkie cuts. She always kept Velvet's legs long and full, almost trouser like in appearance,  but body short and face angled up to the ears. its kinda amautierish and cheap looking whoever her groomer is. It looks as tho it's to avoid mats on the body/torso and full everywhere else. When I do a short puppy cut I do the legs and feet matching and a v round face and ears to the leather at the top 3rd. But the yorkies bone structure dimensions also has to be authentic. mine is black also which she hasn't been able to get either.  They are v v rare. It's beautiful in person a true yorkie that's black. 

I can totally understand putting the pups in a crate when company is over but she needs to get a much bigger crate.  That looked like a travel bag and she had two pups in there!

• Love 4

Phaedra may not be statuesque with the body of a model, but she is far from homely.  Even without her money or her lawyer title I can see many men being attracted to her. 

If men were attracted to her, she wouldn't have married that scrub Apollo. I doubt many men wanted that sausage ... 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Sai said:

I can totally understand putting the pups in a crate when company is over but she needs to get a much bigger crate.  That looked like a travel bag and she had two pups in there!

I have Cat-In-A-Bag for my 2 cats, the vets love it and they like not being confined. I think that flexible nylon carrier Kenya had her pups in was perfect for their size. Hard-sided crates are not as good with little ones, in my experience.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

I have Cat-In-A-Bag for my 2 cats, the vets love it and they like not being confined. I think that flexible nylon carrier Kenya had her pups in was perfect for their size. Hard-sided crates are not as good with little ones, in my experience.

What the heck do I know? I have a Shepherd and a Mastiff.  I know nothing about little dogs.  Lol.  Thanks for explaining.  I guess now I can't hate Kenya for that. Crap!  That's alright though, I suppose.  She gives me PLENTY of other reasons not to like her.  Haha........ 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Yes, perfect and meant for one dog of that size, not two!  If she wanted to keep them together, maybe because they have some type of separation anxiety or something, she needed to get a larger carrier/crate.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

If men were attracted to her, she wouldn't have married that scrub Apollo. I doubt many men wanted that sausage ... 

I've spent time in her company twice and she is not as stumpy looking as she appears on screen. TV is not her friend.

• Love 2

I wasn´t a fan of Sheree in the first seasons, but this time and last has changed that. She is funny, both intentionally and not. She can also pull off "fighting" with the others without it turning into something nasty. I like the storyline of the competing houses, I mean it´s just so silly. Sheree´s kids are imo the best looking offsprings in the hosewife universe, even prettier than the Hadids, who are a close second. I always enjoy Phaedra, I hope that won´t change. Ace is adorable.

• Love 4

I ain't trying to speak ill of the kids, but Sheree's youngest looks older than Sheree and the 30 year old daughter combined! She has ok features, in general, but lil missy looks 50! That being said, those younger two really got lucky when it came to avoiding Bob's genes. 

Ace doesn't look much like either Kandi or Todd, I wonder if he will grow to look like them. 

• Love 2

Apropos of nothing, I thought that Phaedra looked great in the last episode.  Even good enough to procure the ultimate goal- no not a law degree, not any business success, not raising two great children,- but a huzzbin.

• Love 1
On November 10, 2016 at 7:04 PM, AuntieDiane6 said:

I think Phaedra thought Apollo was "fine" and that's why she married him.  What I've heard about Atlanta is that a lot of black men there aren't too interested in marrying black women, but that's just what I've heard.

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 6:15 PM, biakbiak said:

I can't believe her daughter is only 16. She looks like she is in her late 20s early 30s.

Actually, Sheree has two daughters; Tierra is 31 and Kaleigh is 16.  Perhaps the daughter you are referring to is Tierra.  I enjoy Sheree's THs.  She seems quick-witted. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Actually, Sheree has two daughters; Tierra is 31 and Kaleigh is 16.  Perhaps the daughter you are referring to is Tierra.  I enjoy Sheree's THs.  She seems quick-witted. 

No it was Kaliegh she was captioned in her brief clip who looked decades older than 16 and different than her older daughter who toured Chateau Sheree. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think Phaedra thought Apollo was "fine" and that's why she married him.  What I've heard about Atlanta is that a lot of black men there aren't too interested in marrying black women, but that's just what I've heard.

I think she married him because he was fine and she got knocked up. I think that if she hadn't found herself pregnant, she would have happily kept fucking Apollo on his air mattress on the ground.

What I've heard about dating in Atlanta is that there are more women than men there, but not a lot more. It's like 100,000 more, but the metro region has 5 million people. Everyone has been talking about the male to female imbalance for 15 years and everyone thinks it's worse than it actually is. The men can be picky, demanding, and unwilling to commit because they think there are a bunch of women waiting in the wings for them. And the women can be quick to try to lock down a man because they're fearful that there are a bunch of scheming heifers circling them to snatch any half decent man away. The male to female ratio is 1.02 women for every man.  But if you talk to folks from there, they'll say anything from 2 women for every man to 10 women for every man.

• Love 3

The men can be picky, demanding, and unwilling to commit because they think there are a bunch of women waiting in the wings for them.

Living close to Atlanta, and having dated someone who lived there, I can tell you this is spot-on true. Men in Atlanta think they are God's gift or something, I've yet to meet one from there who doesn't want you kissing the ground he walks on. Apollo also got the big head once he was on TV and Phaedra wasn't much better. If Phaedra is going to be sticking her tongue out all season, I may barf.

• Love 2
On 11/12/2016 at 4:03 PM, Neurochick said:

Nah, you're thinking of LA. In Atlanta there are several issues. Most of the the black men here who are married are married to black women. The single ones are either openly gay (nothing wrong with that) or doing so well (educated, making good money) that they know they're a prize and thus don't HAVE to get married so they play the hell out of the field. And I'm just talking about the ones who are marriage material. There are also PLENTY of scrubs.

I don't know what Phaedra was looking for other than a man who is stereotypically fine, but if she wanted to date and marry a regular guy without a record, she definitely could have found one coming out of college when men of my generation started settling down. Me and all of my friends are married to regular black guys and had no trouble at all.

She has nobody to blame but herself.

Eta: and what Hunter and Cooks said.

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 2
On 11/11/2016 at 6:09 PM, sunsheyen said:

I ain't trying to speak ill of the kids, but Sheree's youngest looks older than Sheree and the 30 year old daughter combined! She has ok features, in general, but lil missy looks 50! That being said, those younger two really got lucky when it came to avoiding Bob's genes

Ace doesn't look much like either Kandi or Todd, I wonder if he will grow to look like them. 

I think it's her personal style, she's sturdy and studious looking - in my mind this is what Gwen Ifill, God rest her soul, looked like as a teen.  Tweed skirt suits, kitten heels and sponge-roller sets.   I lightweight like it, I hope it turns the saggy pant boys all the way off.   But yeah, it's very hard to remember that she and Noelle are the same age.

Lol!  Now all I see is two intra utero fetuses ducking and weaving and mouthing:  not today boo.  

On 11/13/2016 at 4:16 AM, cooksdelight said:

Living close to Atlanta, and having dated someone who lived there, I can tell you this is spot-on true. Men in Atlanta think they are God's gift or something, I've yet to meet one from there who doesn't want you kissing the ground he walks on. Apollo also got the big head once he was on TV and Phaedra wasn't much better. If Phaedra is going to be sticking her tongue out all season, I may barf.

FTFY.   Single dudes everywhere. 

I think she married him for a ton of reasons.  Not the least of which was the thought that she could redeem/legitimize him through marriage and sell the redemption to her baptist/pastor parents.   A lil' whitney-bobby syndrome in there too.  Apollo is much closer to the woman I think Phaedra is than the reverse.  

• Love 3
On November 17, 2016 at 1:11 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

I think it's her personal style, she's sturdy and studious looking - in my mind this is what Gwen Ifill, God rest her soul, looked like as a teen.  Tweed skirt suits, kitten heels and sponge-roller sets.   I lightweight like it, I hope it turns the saggy pant boys all the way off.   But yeah, it's very hard to remember that she and Noelle are the same age.

Lol!  Now all I see is two intra utero fetuses ducking and weaving and mouthing:  not today boo.  

FTFY.   Single dudes everywhere. 

I think she married him for a ton of reasons.  Not the least of which was the thought that she could redeem/legitimize him through marriage and sell the redemption to her baptist/pastor parents.   A lil' whitney-bobby syndrome in there too.  Apollo is much closer to the woman I think Phaedra is than the reverse.  

What is FTFY? 

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:05 PM, appledumpling said:

Was there rocks all over Kenya's driveway?

What's up with potty training a baby at 5 months?  Kandi said she did it with Rielly but how soon are they fully trained?  A 5 month old can't talk to tell you he needs to go nor walk and go on his own.  So you place him on the toilet in the morning, what about the rest of the day?  I don't get this method; does anybody know more about it?

Please research this topic, early potty training is practiced much throughout Asia and European countries: Some Asian cultures never buy diapers, the mother trains the baby to respond to her whispers or sounds to release the bladder, the baby is then placed on a pot or is held over a bowl  to urinate.. Research this and you will be amazed how this works , it takes  a lot of time and patience but you can train a child to do anything.

Edited by byrd
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 11:37 AM, bichonblitz said:

Kenya is a mess.  Why were her guests being dropped off at the end of the driveway? Where were the parking attendants, lol?

I have to know were Sheree is getting her money. Anybody have a clue? 

RHOA...

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:09 PM, sunsheyen said:

ain't trying to speak ill of the kids, but Sheree's youngest looks older than Sheree and the 30 year old daughter combined! She has ok features, in general, but lil missy looks 50! That being said, those younger two really got lucky when it came to avoiding Bob's genes. 

She just happens to look like Bob, she's a lovely young lady, You just have to see her all dolled up with the hair fixed and makeup. I have seen her this way and she's very attractive. She just happened to be natural in the scenes where we have seen her lately , but just wait you'll see..

1 hour ago, byrd said:
On 11/7/2016 at 0:37 PM, bichonblitz said:

Kenya is a mess.  Why were her guests being dropped off at the end of the driveway? Where were the parking attendants, lol?

I have to know were Sheree is getting her money. Anybody have a clue? 

RHOA...

Yes, but....She was off the show for years when this house was being built which is why it took so long. She just came back full time this year and I'm sure what she is earning is not paying for that house. There is no way she would be approved for a loan so I believe Kenya that the house is not in her name. 

It's not. IIRC, initially the land was in her mother's name, now she has created a trust which makes it a little less clear, either way, Sheree does not own it outright/hold the mortgage on her own. I give her a year before she tries to sell it, spouting a lie about it being too big for just her and Kayleigh. There's no way this season pays her enough to heat/cool the whole house for an (no shade tree) Atlanta (April-October) summer, much less furnish all the rooms (without brief paid staging). The bad part is, being on a corner behind a bus stop, it's going to be difficult to sell that monstrosity. 

Edited by sunsheyen
grammar correction
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

It's not. IIRC, initially the land was in her mother's name, now she has created a trust which makes it a little less clear, either way, Sheree does not own it outright/hold the mortgage on her own. I give her a year before she tries to sell it, spouting a lie about it being too big for just her and Kayleigh. There's no way this season pays her enough to heat/cool the whole house for an (no shade tree) Atlanta (April-October) summer, much less furnish all the rooms (without brief paid staging). The bad part is, being on a corner behind a bus stop, it's going to be difficult to sell that monstrosity. 

I am not sure what their salaries are truthfully , but as I understand it, they negotiated a pretty good deal for her this time , significantly more than she was making before. Since they invited her back , she was in a good position to do this. I just hope she will be happy in her new home, and it does not matter if she stays for one day or 20 years,  I admire her strength to keep going and to keep fighting