Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, queenjen said:

Tamara Tattles is now saying that sources are confirming Lydia and they are bringing in a new housewife, Brianna Stanko. From the article, it would appear she's a blow in from Atlanta, only living in OC for a couple of months. And it does sound like Shannon is very much going to be on the outside. 

Vicki, Kelly (UGH!), Brianna, Lydia, Tamra, Shannon, with possible friend of appearances by Jeanna Keogh and Gretchen (!)

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/02/02/rhoc-season-12-casting-update-have-final-decisions-been-made/

If this is true, I'm out

• Love 9

I'm just searching around for Brianna Stanko, finding rumours of her joining the cast floating for months (now that I'm looking). Including Vicki herself in December, saying that a. they were already filming OC season 12 and b. Brianna is filming with them. She and her husband Brian flog beauty products via blog out of Atlanta, their site or whatever is called 'Premier Look'. Brianna makes a lot of beauty videos. She is botoxed, injected, inflated and blonde. Just for something completely different. I saw a blog post that references Brianna, Brian and Vicki (and her 'man') eating out at restaurant called 'Craigs' from last September also. So far, nothing with Kelly even though she is apparently going to be introduced as a friend of Kelly's. We all know Kelly has no friends. She has AVOs. And if Kelly knew a beauty blogger, she wouldn't look like Kelly.

I can't believe either that Vicki is again cast immediately with seemingly no consequence for fan backlash and no interest in fan opinion. AND they've burdened us with the vulgar classless talentless Kelly. Kelly has nothing going on that adds to this cast. This obviously doesn't auger well for franchises like NJ. If they're keeping Vicki for yet another year, I guess that means same for Teresa Giudice. But at least they're shaking it up somewhat by bringing back Danielle Staub. But probably only because she and Teresa are making nice (prostitution whore no more?). 

I think casting Lydia again, she who walked away with her dignity still intact is JUST WEIRD. I warmed to Lydia, but I wasn't sorry to see her go. Apparently we are going to be getting Gretchen as well. Gretchen has been posting a lot on Twitter etc supporting Vicki and Kelly and many pics of her and Vicki. Gretchen will still do anything to get her orange back. If I felt Gretchen could bring it with Tamra, I'd be excited, but she can't. Lydia isn't really anyone's natural ally either. They've stacked the cast for Vicki's comfort.

• Love 2

I just sat through this 12 minute clip from Brianna's The Premier Life, this is the one with Vicki. Brianna goes to LA, meets Vicki for dinner at Craigs in West Hollywood. I've learned that Brian and Brianna have been looking for a reality show. Brian goes by 'The Lord of Beauty' (because, Scott Disick) and I am predicting that Brian swiftly becomes as annoying and fame whorish as Slade. In fact, Brianna reminds me of a better marketed Gretchen. 

Vicki appears at about the 6 minute mark, where she tells us what she is wearing and after dinner, answers some pap questions about Glamis and the cast. I found myself bitchily thinking that Brianna and Brian fly all the way to Hollywood and the biggest celebrity they can net is Vicky Gunvalson? I thought this when I saw that Craigs is in West Hollywood, right in Pump territory. Big difference between hos from the OC and BH, big step up to BH, Brianna.

This pair love their labels and they love conspicuous consumption. Brian is ostentatiously drinking some 100 year old liquor that has to be decanted using a special instrument that looks like a telescope and costs over 100 bucks for a couple of ounces. He downs it like a shot. And it's only breakfast. At the end of the video, Brianna is 'angry' with Brian in their hotel room and they start messing with the staff. Videoing them, making stupid irritating requests (like can this room attendant bring some blankets because Brian has to sleep on the couch, can she make the couch up for him, can she tuck him in and give him a kiss). I hate people like this. I hope the room attendants polished their past midnight wine glasses with saliva....

And the season hasn't even started.

• Love 3

Rumours are starting that Heather and Terry are getting their own family show. Which contradicts Heather in an interview recently where she cites her oldest children becoming teenagers as one of the reasons she won't be continuing as a ho. This new show may air on E as opposed to Bravo also, which is supposed to be a slap in Andy's face. But Bravo and E are owned by the same company and Botched is on E, so I don't really see that. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, queenjen said:

I think casting Lydia again, she who walked away with her dignity still intact is JUST WEIRD.

I've no idea but maybe she needs the money for some reason (though wasn't she pretty rich?) Just a thought.

• Love 1

She's loaded, so not that...she left and had another baby, maybe she's seeing the show as what all the other women see it for: a platform to schill whatever they're schilling? Or maybe she feels it's her Christian duty. I hope it's the latter, just because the former is becoming extremely tiresome. 

• Love 1

Did anyone see the video Vicki posted on Instagram?  She is trying to come up with a Vicki app, she says it will have fun stuff like recipes, things about her grandkids, and... her business (natch)!  She said in the video she will have tax tips since it's tax season - looks like she is trying to find another way to scam people into being her customers, wanna bet downloading the the app automatically makes you a lead?  Hoo boy...

• Love 7

Lydia always left the door open to returning if she saw a new way to leverage the platform of the show to promote the Gospel. Her son is no longer a newborn; maybe she's determined a different strategy/outlet to advocate for Christ. 

I just hope she's prepared for the savagery into which the cast has descended since she last participated 'cause Lauri humiliating Vicki with yarns about threesomes ain't got a spot on what Tamra and Heather did to Shannon her maiden season, Brooks, the gang-up on and retaliation of Kelly, etc. 

Lydia needs to ponder what she'll do if someone weaponizes her family skeletons because Tamra, Kelly, and Vicki will have no compunction about blasting that dirty laundry through every social media forum possible. 

In any case, this could be a situation like season 9, when Shannon and the vets filmed as a quartet for over six weeks before Lizzie got a full time slot. And, of course, Katie Hamilton got out while the getting was good within two months. Last year, a lady named Bronwyn Jones filmed confessionals before evaporating into even thinner air than Danielle Gregario. 

• Love 4
On 2/2/2017 at 7:15 PM, queenjen said:

Tamara Tattles is now saying that sources are confirming Lydia and they are bringing in a new housewife, Brianna Stanko. From the article, it would appear she's a blow in from Atlanta, only living in OC for a couple of months. And it does sound like Shannon is very much going to be on the outside. 

Vicki, Kelly (UGH!), Brianna, Lydia, Tamra, Shannon, with possible friend of appearances by Jeanna Keogh and Gretchen (!)

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/02/02/rhoc-season-12-casting-update-have-final-decisions-been-made/

Gross. Love Shannon but I can't with the rest of that mess. Just imagining the smug on Vicki's face is making me angry. Sorry Bravo - I'm out. Deleted from my DVR. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

Lydia needs to ponder what she'll do if someone weaponizes her family skeletons because Tamra, Kelly, and Vicki will have no compunction about blasting that dirty laundry through every social media forum possible. 

Yep, that's why I'm surprised she's back. I think her mom is more interesting and I did like their hippie mom, conservative daughter story.

• Love 5
On 2/2/2017 at 4:15 PM, queenjen said:

And it does sound like Shannon is very much going to be on the outside. 

I can't say that I feel sorry for her. It's what happens when you throw your hat in the ring with Tamra. Just ask Gretchen. I would actually love it if Shannon and Tamra went head-to-head again.

• Love 3

While I did initially say I wanted Lydia back...I really wish she would stay away, for her sake more than anything. This show has become even more nasty and toxic since she was on, and I'd hate to think how being on the show would impact her and her family. I still like Shannon, but dealing with the other women, especially Vicki, over the last few seasons has taken a toll on her, and I'd hate to see the same happen to Lydia. You walked away from this with your dignity in tact, no need to tempt fate again.

I have a feeling next season is going to be really ugly, given how Heather and Meghan's departures will affect the dynamic of the show. Shannon needs to watch her back...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

I have a feeling next season is going to be really ugly, given how Heather and Meghan's departures will affect the dynamic of the show. Shannon needs to watch her back...

This choice of cast sheds light on the way Bravo want this franchise to go forward and what they think of their viewing audience. We  have cancer scamming Vicki, classless, vulgar Kelly, somewhat equally classless Tamra, a blow in from Atlanta plus Shannon and Lydia.

Shannon is going to end up wheeled out on a gurney. Especially when Tamra turns on her and teams up with Vicki again. Poor Shannon. I can't see her ever being comfortable with Vicki, so she's going to be relying on Tamra and I think the producers know this and are anticipating it. They've cast around Vicki by keeping Kelly, one of the most hated and derided new housewives in the history of the show and adding Brianna (who is going to be introduced as 'Kelly's friend' despite actually having some connection with Vicki from what I can see). If the morally flexible Tamra feels she's missing out on camera time because of her stance on Vicki, she'll change her stance. That might leave Lydia and Shannon together, but these 2 alone feel pretty lukewarm. And I don't think Shannon will cope with betrayal from Tamra. A LOT of people are saying they're switching off. I'm thinking about it. Kelly's face and disgusting behavior turned my stomach. It wasn't clever, it wasn't interesting and it didn't add anything to this show. I guess they're sticking with Vicki as the show crashes and burns around them. What a shame.

• Love 6

I really don't get Andy and Bravo's infatuation with Vicki. Whatever you think of them now or in the past, I can understand his loyalty to people like Nene, Bethany, and Teresa Giudice. They were the breakout stars of their respective shows, and for better or for worse, were the faces of their respective shows.

The OC branch has never really had that one person. Vicki never really broke out the way other women on their particular shows did. So I do wonder why Andy feels the need to keep her on at this point. Does she still have that many fans?

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 7

I dont think Vicki has the fans that Nene, Bethenny and Teresa have either. I don't think she has the fan following that Kenya Moore or LVP has. I think she's fortunate that she is 'the OG of the OC' and the longest surviving ho at this point in time and at this point in time, Andy seems to be superstitiously attached to keeping her. That's the only justification I can come up with for her seemingly untouchable status on this show.

She certainly has had her moments. I get her appeal as the 'WooHooing' tequila beast from Season 8 'I wanna go to Andales!!!' That was fun. And it was a really dramatic season. But 4 seasons forward, she's scammed cancer and she's not sorry. I'm tired of seeing her retreat into this sullen hateful woman when she's questioned and I'm tired of her entitled attitude. I think a lot of viewers feel the same way and want fresh faces and new houses and women having fun together. 

• Love 9

Lydia being on makes sense...you need some positive to mix in with the toxicity.  Her mother is going to be needing a lot of fairy dust especially for Kelly.

Vicki maybe the OG of OC, but she never was likable.  I will say shes never changed since season 1.  I much preferred jeana.

• Love 5
On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:39 AM, queenjen said:

Hell's bells, look at the filler in her face! I didn't recognise her!

shannon.jpg

It is weight gain, not fillers. LOL She just checked herself into a "fat farm" to loose weight before filming begins.

• Love 4

Vicki maybe the OG of OC, but she never was likable.  I will say shes never changed since season 1.  I much preferred jeana.

The idea behind these shows was they were aspirational.  They showed us people living a life we could envy, desire and would want to emulate.  Some of the breakout stars, people really like them in an aspirational way, Lisa Vanderpump has this, so does NeNe, and Bethenny and many, many others.  The difference with Vicki is she does not have this.  She is kind of a joke/laughingstock and her appeal is very different.  No one wants to buy Vicki jeans, or vodka, or nail polish, because no one wants to be like her.  They just like to see her be made a fool of, and what she will say or do next to embarrass herself.  Her OG status is simply being the oldest veteran of the show and that's all. 

• Love 10

I've watched this show since Season One and in the beginning it was fun sneak peak into Orange County and a life totally different than mine.  It has now become a caricature of itself and I'm taking it off the DVR.  I just can't deal with it any longer.  

• Love 6
On 2/2/2017 at 6:15 PM, queenjen said:

On 2/3/2017 at 0:27 AM, DeeplyShallow said:

If this is true, I'm out

Me too. I'm choosing to believe that Bravo is going forward with this cast because they're secretly trying to kill off their reality shows in favor of their new scripted shows. 

• Love 6

What I am noticing is that Bravo is focusing its line up on women who spend the bulk of their time shrieking at each other.  Atlanta has taken up two evenings and two daytime programming cycles.  Married to Medicine has one evening and one or two daytime cycles.  There is minimal sign of Girlfriend's Guide (which I don't watch) and Ladies of London.  So now I know where they're going, I will just have to decide not to follow.  Once Vanderpump and Beverly Hills are done, I may not have much left to watch on the network.  Sad.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Shannon sans makeup.

Holy shit.   I guess she has to do what she's going to did to stay on the show.   Shannon seems touchy about her age.  She really needs to get off tv and social media.  It's hard in her brain pan.

2 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Holy shit.   I guess she has to do what she's going to did to stay on the show.   Shannon seems touchy about her age.  She really needs to get off tv and social media.  It's hard in her brain pan.

According to her, she has gained a LOT of weight, so much so that she checked into a "fat farm"! LOL

• Love 3

Poor Shannon.  I will say she had gained quite a lot, her arms are looking big.  She can't afford to look but her best when the hose beasts come at her, and I think she will get it hard this coming season.  Which I will not watch.   Believe me, if there was a way to have Vicki catapulted into the surface of the Sun, I would find a way to make it happen.   That woman emanates black energy.  Nasty old wookie. 

• Love 6

I don't think Shannon is tough enough for what's coming. I really wonder if the 'fat' she complains about so much is actually alcohol bloat. Her relationship with alcohol has been brought up in earlier seasons, and it played a factor in the whole Shannon calling the cops on David for domestic abuse situation: Shannon said that she'd been drinking when she did that and she was never in any danger. 

I'll probably tune in, to be honest, just to see what Brianna brings and how Lydia is doing. But I can't stomach Kelly. Vicki still coasts on residual affection for what are now the carefree woohoo years of Lake Havasu and Andales, but it's a mighty thin residue eclipsed by the cancer scam. Vicki will get Tamra back, Shannon will be alienated and have a breakdown is my prediction. Shannon is just not that interesting by herself or strong enough to do anything about the Vicki/Tamra axis of evil. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, AndySmith said:

I know Wikipedia isn't the best source, but the cast chart (and what is in store for season 12) is looking a bit wonky...

What did you see that I didn't? I looked at the link and it seemed to be as we've been discussing: Vicki, Tamra, Shannon, Lydia, Kelly for Season 12 (no mention of Brianna Stanko though) and nothing indicating Gretchen will be appearing (whoo!)...what did I miss?

Ah...looks like it was changed since I made my post. It had Vicki, Tamra, Shannon, Kelly, and Lydia marked as HWs for season 12...along with Gretchen and Meghan.

My bad, I really shouldn't post things from Wikipedia...

• Love 2
On 2/3/2017 at 4:41 AM, queenjen said:

Rumours are starting that Heather and Terry are getting their own family show. Which contradicts Heather in an interview recently where she cites her oldest children becoming teenagers as one of the reasons she won't be continuing as a ho. This new show may air on E as opposed to Bravo also, which is supposed to be a slap in Andy's face. But Bravo and E are owned by the same company and Botched is on E, so I don't really see that. 

I'd watch it. Hope it's true and it's successful. Vicki would be livid that she isn't worthy of a spin-off of her and her spawn. 

• Love 7

I wonder if Heather refused to come back with Krappy Dudd and Piggy Gunvalson, and Bravo offered her a show?   She's really the only person they've ever had who was both wealthy, and leads an enviable life.  Shannon may have some shekels too, but I wouldn't want to have her life.  Heather?  Yeah, I'm jealous of her life.  The rest of the scabs aren't on anyone's fantasy life radar, either.

oh please make it so.  I'd put up up with a heaping helping of Dubrow smugness every week just to make Vicki's ugly noggin explode.  

• Love 10
6 hours ago, MrSmith said:

LOL. "If". LOL. Good one!

Shouldn't she turn the other cheek and also forgive 70 x7 when Vicki lets lose?

Which skeleton, the pedo brother is already out there on the internet?

• Love 1
On 2/5/2017 at 4:39 AM, queenjen said:

Hell's bells, look at the filler in her face! I didn't recognise her!

shannon.jpg

that's what you call a bad nose job -- too much taken from the sides and not enuf at the front so it droops. Kyle from BH had one of these (a few nose jobs back) I think it was after her first nj. 

• Love 1

oh, you are so right! I am really bad at only seeing the 'big picture' and not the individual components. OMG, I just squinted at the photo, like I do at some paintings to get an idea of what the artist is doing with light and shade.....do this NOW with Shannon's nose..it looks like um...

Spoiler

i don't mean to be vulgar, but when you squint,, around her nostrils looks like balls and the bridge of her nose looks like a penis..am I nuts?

Apart from that exercise, yes, I see her nose has been a bit botched and it's adding to the overall disharmony with her face. I made an observation about LVP's nose recently too, and someone pointed out correctly that it's all the fillers she's had surrounding it, not any work she's had done on her nose per se, but these days, LVP's nose is looking small and sharp because of the fillers in her cheeks etc.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Giselle said:

Shouldn't she turn the other cheek and also forgive 70 x7 when Vicki lets lose?

Which skeleton, the pedo brother is already out there on the internet?

I don't know that Lydia has any skeletons. However, if she does, there is no "if" when it comes to one of the other ladies weaponizing them. If Lydia has skeletons, the other ladies will find them and weaponize them. That's what my comment was about.