Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

Now I'm imagining a comedy where Trump manages to "Being There" his way through a successful presidency where everyone just hears what he says and in response imagine the most intelligent thing he could have said and so do something intelligent in response. Like the whole world acts like their best selves and saves itself by accident.

I mean, on one hand his calls to these people are so horrifying...and yet even the other leaders treat him like a toddler who picked up the phone instead of the president. I keep thinking of the British Parliament openly laughing at his Tweet about Farage. So I guess in some ways it's the anti-Being there. They know he's a fool.

On the Trumpcast podcast they have someone on talking about manipulating him, how he constantly just wants to be liked by the person in front of him (sucking up to NYT reporters and then throwing a rally where he rants about the rest of the country and the press as if they can't hear him) and he made the obvious connection: Trump has the personality of a king and the actually competent people are now learning to be courtiers in order to manipulate him. He particularly admired Thomas Friedman's epic suck-up in the NYT meeting that inspired Trump to be reasonable on climate change.

That also makes me think about how years ago there was that TV show that transplanted the events of the Bible and the story of King David to a Manhattan-esque present. Reviews pointed out that the show had created a NY with a monarchy but then had everyone act like they were living in a democracy, because a monarchy required courtiers, not politicians. Who knew we'd get to see it play out IRL?

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, windsprints said:

The man who screamed "RIGGED" just filed suit against a recount. Why? 

djt.JPG

If the ass is the almighty god bigly winner winner chicken dinner, why is he so afraid of a freakin recount? ....things that make me go hhmmmmm. STUNNING, but not really surprised. I say, carry on and recount the whole effing  thing top to bottom and every which way but loose. . God and the universe,  help us.

• Love 16

I used to respect Mike Rowe for his dedication to revival of the trades. No more, given his support of Trump. Well, not so much for that, but for his willful blindness of the behavior of many, many people who attended Trump rallies.

This quote is from this story that appeared in the Washington Times a few weeks ago:

Mike Rowe Explains the Real Reason Donald Trump Won

He rejected the idea that Mr. Trump’s supporters are “racist, xenophobic, and uneducated misogynists” and condemned people who have thrown away friendships over the election.

Apparently, he never read any news or watched any videos that showed exactly those things.

And how can an intelligent man who believes in and wants to help blue collar workers rationalize that a "billionaire" who's filling his cabinet with other billionaire robber barons will actually be good for the working class?  

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 14

I rarely cussed before Trump started running for president, so I am holding him personally responsible for my loss of political correctness (i.e. civility and common courtesy). At least where Trump is concerned.

9 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

I used to respect Mike Rowe for his dedication to revival of the trades. No more, given his support of Trump.

This quote is from this story that appeared in the Washington Times a few weeks ago:

Mike Rowe Explains the Real Reason Donald Trump Won

Apparently, he never read any news or watched any videos that showed exactly those things.

Damn.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, windsprints said:

The man who screamed "RIGGED" just filed suit against a recount. Why? 

djt.JPG

I heard about that earlier today. That's not surprising. Given that it most likely is rigged (for HIM to win). He doesn't want to lose.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

What the fuck? O_O 

Raise your hands if you think he shouldn't even be allowed into the inauguration.

If this is the shit he is doing BEFORE he is actually President, God help us all.

I just saw a bit of Anderson Cooper interviewing KAC.  He asked if Trump was not aware of the foreign policy with Taiwan and China. Was he not aware that this could is considered a very serious breech and will likely ramp up tensions between the US and China?  Yeah, an international incident and he's not even taken office yet.

KAC was loath to answer questions (as is her MO) but in the end she did say that Trump was aware of foreign policy and reminded everyone that his was going to be the new administration soon.  I don't know what she means really.  Is he going to tear up the whole playbook with every country and start from scratch?  That is if we even survive what are surely going to be whimsical and dangerous moves depending on his mood on any given day.

He is a clear and present danger to the world and someone, somehow needs to stop this madness.  The man is unfit for the office of President and that has to be coming blatantly obvious to more and more people with each passing day.

Edited by onthebrink03
Spelling is important
  • Love 21
6 minutes ago, onthebrink03 said:

If this is the shit he is doing BEFORE he is actually President, God help us all.

I just saw a bit of Anderson Cooper interviewing KAC.  He asked if Drumpf was not aware of the foreign policy with Taiwan and China. Was he not aware that this could is considered a very serious breech and will likely ramp up tensions between the US and China?  Yeah, an international incident and he's not even taken office yet.

KAC was loathe to answer questions (as is her MO) but in the end she did say that Drumpf was aware of foreign policy and reminded everyone that his was going to be the new administration soon.  I don't know what she means really.  Is he going to tear up the whole playbook with every country and start from scratch?  That is if we even survive what are surely going to be whimsical and dangerous moves depending on his mood on any given day.

He is a clear and present danger to the world and someone, somehow needs to stop this madness.  The man is unfit for the office of President and that has to be coming blatantly obvious to more and more people with each passing day.

I don't buy what KAC said about it, given how he blew off defense briefings before. It just sounds like he doesn't care. They can try to spin it all they want to, but the thing is, he has a history of not caring.

• Love 10

I wonder if the rest of the world is going to be able to get it through their heads that America went collectively insane and made an idiot the President of the United States?  It's a difficult notion to absorb, even from the orchestra seats.

I've thought for a long time that we were, in a natural progression, reaching the end of our time as a "superpower."  Nothing lasts forever.  The Persian Empire fell to Alexander the Great.  The Roman Empire: kaput.  The sun now sets regularly on the British Empire.

But [laughing hysterically] I never envisioned a big orange Cheetoh bringing us down quite like this, all in one fell swoop.

Gaaaaaaaaaa, Kellyanne Conway's telling Anderson Cooper right now that "the busiest guy on the planet" has spoken to "45 or 50" heads of state and OF COURSE he's been thoroughly prepped by the State Department for each situation and reads all his briefings and intelligence reports and why doesn't she remember anyone insulting President-Elect Obama with these impertinent questions because he certainly didn't have any experience and how about those 1100 jobs at Carrier anyway because the current President could have saved those jobs if he'd cared to. . .

I can't watch anymore.

• Love 14

I'm enjoying the hell out of the tweets by Trump supporters now having buyer's remorse. These fools didn't give a shit that Tubby is uninformed, unprepared, and unqualified to serve as President. I believe in karma and believe that it is just around the corner, waiting to slap all those morons along side the head. As the old saying goes, karma is a bitch!

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

I don't buy what KAC said about it, given how he blew off defense briefings before. It just sounds like he doesn't care. They can try to spin it all they want to, but the thing is, he has a history of not caring.

Kellyanne is a liar, just like Tubby. It comes so easily to her. It's disgusting.

If he's getting all these briefings then why did the State Department, per MSNBC news today, put out a public announcement just yesterday practically begging that he talk with State Dept experts before making any more gaffes like with Pakistan.  Too late! Life is short and today he just -had- to cause an international incident with China.  I'm positive he isn't getting briefings from anyone.  After all, he knows everything!

And imagine if Hillary had lost the popular vote and when Trump asked for a recount in a few states, she had gone to court to prevent it!   I'm positive we would have had three weeks of very ugly, very dangerous rioting over "Crooked Hillary" and how she "stole the election" with the "rigged system" (i.e. Electoral College).  Then compounded the corruption by trying to suppress the recount!!!  Trumpkins would have been all over that outrage.

Their "God Emperor" is doing it?  He's fighting for democracy for all!  And why don't Clinton supporters sit down and shut up and just acknowledge that--if you subtract the 3 million illegal immigrants who voted for Hillary--Tubby won the popular vote too!  Or, as he told the masses yesterday, "I won in a landslide!!!!"

Hate.

• Love 20
14 minutes ago, parisprincess said:

I'm enjoying the hell out of the tweets by Trump supporters now having buyer's remorse. These fools didn't give a shit that Tubby is uninformed, unprepared, and unqualified to serve as President. I believe in karma and believe that it is just around the corner, waiting to slap all those morons along side the head. As the old saying goes, karma is a bitch!

Could you share one or two of those former T fans tweeting their sackcloth and ashes?  We could all use the boost.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Paul Ryan assures America that he has spoken to Donald Trump about the Constitution

I don't see "Codger Starver" Ryan and Hair Gropenführer sipping Bacardi Cocktails and munching Cheetos on the davenport, while watching Schoolhouse Rock videos on the Preamble of the U.S. Constitution, "I'm Just a Bill," Separation of powers, and Electoral College. In my mind's eye I see The Closet Objectivist reciting chapters from "The Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology" and "The Virtue of Selfishness" from memory, while Herr Furor digs restively in his pants pockets, playing billiards.

Please. Ryan explained his vision of the Constitution to Cheetos, not the actual Constitution.  He probably loves that he has this blank slate of a POTUS onto which he can imprint his vision of the Constitution.  

7 hours ago, SoSueMe said:

Trump's supporters tend to have selective deafness.

Yep.  If he says anything they don't want to hear, they simply tell themselves (and anyone who dares repeat it) that he doesn't really mean that.  It's quite breathtaking, in a "we're all going to die because of your stupidity" way.  

4 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

And, don't forget that trifling bottom feeder, "Pastor" Omarosa.  Where has she been lately?  I've yet to hear about her being summoned to the Tower of Doom so that she can be rewarded for her loyalty.  Instead, she's running around literally crying and bawling about how she only wanted to help the Black community (boo hoo!  sob!) and now all her friends have turned on her, including a person who was to be a bridesmaid in her wedding.

Let me digest that for a moment...that bitch actually has friends?

Drumpf's "Director of African-American Outreach" mentioned that her father figure was keeping a list of enemies made up of those who didn't support his run.  Which is why I fear for Senator Graham.  But, to tell you the truth, I fully expected to see Omarosa and the Crypt Mistress sharing equal billing as Drumpf's mouth pieces in the media.  But, it's been all KAC all the time.  Probably because she's good at what she does, including talking to the 70-year-old titty baby as if he was one of her own kids to get him to do what she needs him to do.  To my knowledge, Omarosa hasn't been much of a success at anything and even managed to botch her 4 gigs in the Clinton White House.

My question is, was it worth losing your friends for a possible job in the Alt-White House?

Omarosa made the mistake of being too gleeful in regaling us all about the enemies list.  KAC is batshit, but she knows that the first rule of enemy lists is that you don't discuss the enemy list in public.  

Speaking of Omarosa, and take this with a grain of salt, but I saw a blind item a few months or so ago that sounds like it's her, and it basically said that Drumpf used her as a "closer" when he needed to send someone in to sleep with someone to close a deal.  So, long before his campaign, she was already letting him whore* her out for his gain.  I can't decide which arrangement was whoring her out more, though - the actual fucking for deals or getting her to act as an "outreach" coordinator to her fellow African Americans, trying to sell them on voting for the darling of the white supremacy movement.  

*I tried to find a way to accurately describe this whole thing without using "whore" since I know that word is generally used to slut shame, but, in this case, that is what was happening - sexual transactions for financial gain.  

Oh, and KAC, honey, I can buy that Herr Bad Hair thinks that every new POTUS gets to decide on his own who we are and aren't allied with, because he's that poorly informed about this whole deal, but I don't buy for a damn millisecond that you, someone who has worked in politics for years, someone who has worked on other Presidential campaigns, are completely unaware that that is not how any of this works.  Alliances, treaties, and other binding agreements with other nations are not up for a POTUS option every four years.  Your little out of control orange anus is going to cause major global upheaval that will, if we're lucky, merely cause global economic chaos.  If we're not lucky?  Well, let's just say that I w on'thave to worry about who I'll be sharing a cell with in Drumpf's Dungeon of People Who Hurt My Fee-Fees, because we'll all be nothing more than a radioactive smear on the pavement.  

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, parisprincess said:

Unfortunately, the rest of us are going to get slapped upside the head too.

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if the US, if the world, will survive the next 4 years.

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, Padma said:

Kellyanne is a liar, just like Tubby. It comes so easily to her. It's disgusting.

If he's getting all these briefings then why did the State Department, per MSNBC news today, put out a public announcement just yesterday practically begging that he talk with State Dept experts before making any more gaffes like with Pakistan.  Too late! Life is short and today he just -had- to cause an international incident with China.  I'm positive he isn't getting briefings from anyone.  After all, he knows everything!

And imagine if Hillary had lost the popular vote and when Drumpf asked for a recount in a few states, she had gone to court to prevent it!   I'm positive we would have had three weeks of very ugly, very dangerous rioting over "Crooked Hillary" and how she "stole the election" with the "rigged system" (i.e. Electoral College).  Then compounded the corruption by trying to suppress the recount!!!  Trumpkins would have been all over that outrage.

Their "God Emperor" is doing it?  He's fighting for democracy for all!  And why don't Clinton supporters sit down and shut up and just acknowledge that--if you subtract the 3 million illegal immigrants who voted for Hillary--Tubby won the popular vote too!  Or, as he told the masses yesterday, "I won in a landslide!!!!"

Hate.

Yep. And all because he wanted to build another tower/hotel.

Exactly. It wouldn't be very pretty. He'd have his 'supporters' all riled up.

• Love 5
On 12/1/2016 at 4:06 PM, stillshimpy said:

Now in a complete aside, I keep seeing Bastet's screenname, and meaning to say:  Good to see your name again.  It has been ages since we were commenting on the same material.  I missed your perspective. 

Thank you.

Please. Ryan explained his vision of the Constitution to Cheetos, not the actual Constitution.  He probably loves that he has this blank slate of a POTUS onto which he can imprint his vision of the Constitution.  

My reaction exactly - and Paul Ryan's version of the Constitution isn't much of an improvement over Trump's ignorance of its contents.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, scriggle said:

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if the US, if the world, will survive the next 4 years.

Exactly.

I'm wondering about that as well.

• Love 4

I'm  watching Rachel Maddow and, apparently, Trump is claiming on Twitter that the President of Taiwan called him (he put this in all caps) to congratulate him. He then ended the Tweet with "Thank You!"

RM was quick to point out that, even if that was the case, it doesn't matter who made the call. We've had an agreement with China since 1979 that we would not acknowledge Taiwan as a separate government -  that it was part of China and we would deal with Beijing and recognize the Chinese Government there.

Trump also Tweeted after that, since the US sells military equipment and weapons to Taiwan, what's the big deal about him accepting a congratulations call? This man is clueless.

Most are speculating that he is generally too stupid to realize the damage he just did. If this, the incident with Pakistan and the one with the Phil. where he invited their leader to the White House (all three in just 48 hours), does not prove that this man is unfit to be President, I don't know what will. The Repubs have to be afraid here as well. If we can't fix things with China (and I lived there for a while, speak the language, spend a lot of time there for work and deal with them on pretty much a daily basis), we could have some real issues. It is quite possible that they may ask for some kind of apology or statement from Trump as, in this case, China didn't do anything wrong. They may ask for Tubby to fix/clarify this if they are offended and feel we have broken the deal that had been in place for nearly 40 years. 

Tubby is not going to like admitting he made an error. The Tweets he has already put out indicate that.

ETA: This man is not even in office yet and he is doing a fair amount of damage to our diplomatic relations. This is another reason Obama should step in now, while he is still sitting President, and try to fix these fairy significant errors or there is no telling what could happen. Who is next on Trump's call list? How much more damage is he going to do? Someone stop him already - he is unfit - this hurts the whole country and no longer matters if you're a republican or a dem or whatever. It is in no one's best interests for him to continue this way.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, parisprincess said:

Well, problem is there're about 51% of us who are unwilling hostage victims to the looming catastrophe. I don't deserve that particular karmic kick in the ass and the majority - those who actually voted except in the obviously "rigged" rust belt states he allegedley 'won' - don't either, nor does every other living creature on this beleaguered planet tonight or going forward in perpetuity.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 16

Paul Ryan assures America that he has spoken to Donald Trump about the Constitution

The fact that the person about to become President requires anyone to explain the Constitution to him is just unreal. Maybe he can get round the clock tutors after someone stomps on his phone to keep him from dong any further damage.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, windsprints said:

And that's probably the main reason why he's 'helping' them. He has a stake/interest in it.

Look who else he's talking to. Another one of our non allies.

Source: msnbc.com, via Rachel Maddow

Oh boy... like Sam Beckett used to say on Quantum Leap.

And the New York Daily News thinks that Rachel needs to dial down. Uh no, she's actually doing work and reporting the news. They just think she's been acting over the top lately.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Talk about you croney capitalism.

Exactly. Only a hell of a lot of it. It's going to be a crony filled government/cabinet.

15 minutes ago, windsprints said:

Maybe he's looking to cause some international trouble just prior to taking office so that he can claim credit when its resolved (by others) after he takes office.

Or, he's just a clueless dumbass.

Maybe.

I'd say the latter, but it seems like a combination between just not caring and wanting to do what he wants to do and just being what you mentioned, since he doesn't even bother to read the daily briefings.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, Rapunzel said:

It is quite possible that they may ask for some kind of apology or statement from Trump as, in this case, China didn't do anything wrong. They may ask for Tubby to fix/clarify this if they are offended and feel we have broken the deal that had been in place for nearly 40 years. 

Yeah, someone on Twitter said something like election proved that political protocol didn't matter. But that's like assuming that every country, including say, China, is full of exactly the kind of people who fill Trump rallies.

Those Tweets are really pathetic. He's like a teenager complaining to his friends about the teacher giving him detention. He so does not want to be president. Honestly, the PE is actually arguing that if we sell stuff to Taiwan, anything goes in diplomatic relationships.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, windsprints said:

And well look what we got here:

Among the envoys is multi-millionaire real estate tycoon Jose Antonio, who bought the rights to name a new office tower in Manila "Drumpf Towers".

So I'm guessing anyone he talks to are just people who will let him build his towers and hotels, along with any golf courses.

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, windsprints said:

Maybe he's looking to cause some international trouble just prior to taking office so that he can claim credit when its resolved (by others) after he takes office.

Or, he's just a clueless dumbass.

I still have a niggling suspicion that he actually wants someone - something- to remove him from this yoke of responsibility. I think the only things that're valuable about this job as far as he's concerned are the business contacts he can meet.

• Love 6

I'd like to know what any of the Trump mouthpieces will explain any of this. Can Kellyanne Conway really be able to come up with some plausible reason that will not sound totally ridiculous?  And what about all his supporters, do they not care at all what he's doing because they want to make American great again and think this is how it's going to be accomplished?  I want to hear their opinions.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

I still have a niggling suspicion that he actually wants someone - something- to remove him from this yoke of responsibility. I think the only things that're valuable about this job as far as he's concerned are the business contacts he can meet.

Probably, just so the responsibility could go onto Pence instead who actually has experience.

• Love 3

Out of all the phone calls made by President-elect Trump, the most disturbing is the call to Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte. I had read about this man long ago and I cannot imagine why Donald Trump would even speak with him. I would bet that it was Trump that made the call to Duterte and not the other way around. The U.S. hasn't had an embassy there since 1970. I just want to share some of the things Rodrigo Duterte has said in the past. This past October, Duterte announced a separation from the U.S. in a speech before a Beijing economic forum. "Your honors, in this venue, I announce my separation from the United States … both in military and economics also,” Duterte said, according to the Associated Press. Other media reports said that Duterte called Obama a "son of a whore" again while in China.  Donald Trump invited Rodrigo Duterte to the White House!

On President Obama: Ahead of meeting with President Obama in September, he described the president as a "son of a bitch" since Obama would not rule out talking about due process and the 2,000 people killed for alleged drug activities. The White House canceled the meeting with Duterte planned, and the Philippine leader later expressed regret over his words.

On dealing with the illegal drug trade and criminals: "Forget the laws on human rights. If I make it to the presidential palace, I will do just what I did as mayor. You drug pushers, hold-up men and do-nothings, you better go out. Because I'd kill you," he said at a campaign rally before his election in May. "I'll dump all of you into Manila Bay and fatten all the fish there."

About an Australian missionary who was raped and murdered:  "I saw her face and I thought: 'What a pity ... they raped her, they all lined up. I was mad she was raped but she was so beautiful. I thought, the mayor should have been first."

Insulting the pope on his 2015 visit to the Philippines:  "We were affected by the traffic. It took us five hours. I asked why. They said it was closed. I asked who is coming. They answered, the pope. I wanted to call him: 'Pope, son of a whore, go home. Do not visit us again.' "

On his sex life: "I was separated from my wife. I'm not impotent. What am I supposed to do? Let this hang forever? When I take Viagra, it stands up."

His strategy for dealing with Abu Sayyaf, Islamic militants in the Philippines: “If you make me mad, in all honesty, I will eat you alive, raw. ... I will really carve your torso open. Give me vinegar and salt and I will eat you. I’m not kidding.”

On his fight against illegal logging: "Cut the trees and I will cut your heads."

Rodrigo Duterte took the office in 2016 and Donald Trump and he actually have a lot in common, they only express it differently.

DUTERTE-poll-67e3326hamvfd66yk16608eu90dazu8j7qqr5k2lf4i.jpg

I really, really, REALLY want to see President Trump and his family accept an invitation to go to Manila if Duterte offers one.

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 12

Yeah, that was crazy too.

I'm telling you guys, he cannot take office. He is a threat to the entire world. I wish the government would DO something! I know everyone hates Pence, but at least we know that we can survive him. He'll be a terrible president on a normal scale. But this? This is a danger to us all and the entire world.

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Yeah, that was crazy too.

I'm telling you guys, he cannot take office. He is a threat to the entire world. I wish the government would DO something! I know everyone hates Pence, but at least we know that we can survive him. He'll be a terrible president on a normal scale. But this? This is a danger to us all and the entire world.

I can't tell you how much I agree. I just keep praying to any and all gods of the universe to allow someone to take this poisonous threat out. I no longer feel any spiritual doubt about my personal, fervent hopes now- the world now hangs in such dire peril.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, scriggle said:

All the recent movies set in a dystopian future seem more like learning material than entertainment. May the odds (and the Force) be ever in our favor.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Rapunzel said:

I'm  watching Rachel Maddow and, apparently, Trump is claiming on Twitter that the President of Taiwan called him (he put this in all caps) to congratulate him. He then ended the Tweet with "Thank You!"

RM was quick to point out that, even if that was the case, it doesn't matter who made the call. We've had an agreement with China since 1979 that we would not acknowledge Taiwan as a separate government -  that it was part of China and we would deal with Beijing and recognize the Chinese Government there.

Trump also Tweeted after that, since the US sells military equipment and weapons to Taiwan, what's the big deal about him accepting a congratulations call? This man is clueless.

How long before Trump tweets something classified and gets American soldiers killed because of it?

1 hour ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Probably, just so the responsibility could go onto Pence instead who actually has experience.

And he can talk about how the "establishment" is so afraid of him, they kicked him out.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lunata said:

I'd like to know what any of the Trump mouthpieces will explain any of this. Can Kellyanne Conway really be able to come up with some plausible reason that will not sound totally ridiculous? 

And what about all his supporters, do they not care at all what he's doing because they want to make American great again and think this is how it's going to be accomplished?  I want to hear their opinions.

Kellyanne always comes up with something (and it always sounds ridiculous).  I think the basic formula is: (1) lie, (2) compliment Trump, (3) insult or blame some Democrat, (4) then lie some more.

In this case it was "(1) Of course Mr. Trump is fully briefed on international affairs. (2) He's a brilliant man. (3) In 2008, Obama did a lot worse and no one said anything. (4) People should be thanking, not criticizing, him. Finally Americans have a real leader. He's shaking up the antiquated foreign policy establishment just like he's shaking up Washington--and the people in power don't like being shown up by him."

I think #4 works for his supporters, too.

• Love 12

I just don't have the words.  This is a nightmare.   This monster and the Republican's that keep him in office belong in the deepest level of hell.  How long before something is done about him.   I know people fear how the country would react if the electoral college voted AGAINST Trump, there very well might be some civil unrest, I say, SO THE HELL WHAT, DO IT ANYWAY.     Anyone who doesn't protest peacefully, LOCK THEM UP.    This man is going to utterly destroy international relations.  I'm at the point where I think I would suffer Pence rather then Trump.  Picking a fight with the second largest (and GROWING) Economy in the world?!?!?!?!  The man has the brain of a turnip.

I honestly think America will suffer on the international stage, in terms of international relations for the solitary reason that Trump was ALLOWED to happen.   I don't think the rest of the world will forget or forgive it.  I'm an American and I know I won't.   The story (it's been making the rounds today) about that woman who was saddened by Trump's Treasury Pick because that was the guy who foreclosed on her house and threw her life into a tailspin, I actually LAUGHED and thought good.  That's what this election has done.

Absolutely disgusted.

• Love 22

Trump is being friendly with Taiwan.  SO - is it a blunder?  something he did because he's ignorant, and has NO IDEA how much that will piss off China? (because they don't recognize Taiwan as a separate entity)  Yeah, that's possible.

OR - did he do it on purpose?   It was reported some time ago that Trump owed several millions to Chinese banks.  Think of all the times Trump has talked about "jobs going to China"  and how he spits out "CHINA!"  like it's a disgusting word he can hardly stand to say.  I think it's possible that he wanted to do something to "Show China who is the boss", and assert his authority by doing this.  And, it might mean that someone (Bannon?  Putin?)  may have suggested  that a phone call to Taiwan would be a good idea. 

I wish I knew - is this a stumble, is it  a deliberate act,  is it an act of a puppet master?   Nevertheless, it scares me to death.   We don't need to go to war with China right now.  

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, Padma said:

Let's see what these whining (former?) Trump supporters say and do if it turns out he actually LOST in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan. 

Are the MI and PA recounts actually funded and going to happen? I literally just.can't.even. bring myself to open the news.

• Love 4