Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

On 11/20/2016 at 0:35 PM, Duke Silver said:

It just occurred to me:  we might need a thread dedicated to Drumph's corruption.  But sure.....Hillary is the only crook.  LMFAO.  Keep your heads buried in the Macedonian sands, Drumph supporters.

Well, here's one tally of the corruption so far...but even this one is missing other examples that are just now catching the attention of American MSM:

https://twitter.com/robreiner/status/800516953961959424

Trump U-illegal. Trump Foundation-illegal. Housing discrimination-illegal. Payoff to Florida AG-illegal. And he hasn't taken office yet.

1 minute ago, NextIteration said:

Florida AG Pam Bondi is on the transition team.

Yep, I posted a tweet about that a couple days ago.  The corruption news is coming so fast, it's now buried in this thread.  I was only joking when I posted we might need a dedicated corruption thread, but maybe I should've bene serious about that.

• Love 7

I must be slow this morning. But what is wrong with Bondi being part of the transition team? She's a Republican AG. (Of course, the earlier corruption re: $25k to back off investigating Trump U, I totally get.  I also wonder if she intervened re: Lewandowski and Michelle Fields. ) 

But for this, isn't that just like Christie et al being involved?

ETA: I'm guessing the wall panel heat is because the ceiling is so high. Trump hates "low" ceilings (what the rest of us call "normal").

Edited by Padma
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, windsprints said:

"The FEC has sent a letter to the Trump camp highlighting hundreds of contributions it says are prohibited"

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/800733083125293057

I just have one simple question:  What the fuck are they going to do about it?

Short answer:  Nothing; nada; zip.  He will simply pay the fine and keep it moving.  Oh, and he'll start another Twitter rant to deflect attention away from this latest evidence of his corruption.  Some of his more rabid supporters will threaten to "boycott" the FEC.  Yes, I know it doesn't make sense, but we're talking about people who are an ice cube short of a rum and coke, i.e. threatening to boycott a Broadway show that is sold out for a year in advance.

1 hour ago, izabella said:

Katherine Clark (Massachusetts) already introduced a conflict of interest bill in the House that would require a President and VP to follow the same rules that Congress has to follow.  My guess is Republicans won't support it and it won't pass the House. 

Did Frum mention Clark's bill and urge Republicans to support the bill? 

1 hour ago, ari333 said:

I think you're right and it makes me sick. Are these folks so loyal to a party that they can sit and watch such things and let them happen? How do people sleep at night?

I can assure you that they sleep very well at night.  They have no conscience and don't give a rat's ass about the country, including their constituents.  Despite the autopsy reports for the Democratic party, the Republican party would do well to check their own shit.  One of the reasons that Drumpf was possible is because they felt betrayed by the representatives they repeatedly sent to Congress.

Any time the Senate Majority Leader can announce that the party's No. 1 priority was to ensure that incoming president would be a one-term one while the country was in the middle of a major recession, it tells you everything you need to know. 

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Green Day sends their regards to President-elect Trump with a sonic assault of Punk --“No Trump, no KKK, no fascist USA!”

Watch it now before YouTube takes it down.

Thanks to everyone who posted this! Green Day song. The chant starts at minute 2:17 and they say it six glorious times.  And they call the fucker by name which is nothing short of AWESOME. "No Trump; no KKK, no fascist USA!" Now I'm off to buy Green Day music in hopes of encouraging others to speak out. Already bought the Hamilton . I'm also boycotting any business that supports rump. I know it is a small thing, but if thousands do it THEY WIILL FEEL IT IN THE WALLET>

Edited by ari333
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

Not only that, I will also pull up the PBS documentaries on my Kindle Fire to watch the American Experience and The Presidents series.  There's even a 4-hour two-part documentary, The Clintons.  Watching those documentaries is indicative of how prior presidents--even if you didn't necessary like or vote for them--actually believed in something outside of themselves.

Also...don't miss the one on Nixon which was fantastic. That guy was a total psycho/racist/anti-semite (for more on that, check out the HBO doc [I forget its name]) and yet Trump makes him look like Obama in comparison.

Ive watched the Hamilton clip several times. It makes me tear up in a good way. 

Apologize FOR WHAT? 

Pass the pepto.

And rump criticized the Hamilton dude for reading his short statement bc he "couldn't memorize lines?" Oh please rump.... look in the mirror.

Frankly I hope Pence gets less boos, in general, overall, than rump ONLY so rump can get super jealous (and he will) and then rump can steam in his own shit.  (and he will)

rump is so consumed with Saturday Night Live and Hamilton. What about this country and national security? Oh  unless it makes him money or hurts his wittle feelers, fuck it - doesn't matter.  

Edited by ari333
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Padma said:

I must be slow this morning. But what is wrong with Bondi being part of the transition team? She's a Republican AG. (Of course, the earlier corruption re: $25k to back off investigating Trump U, I totally get.  I also wonder if she intervened re: Lewandowski and Michelle Fields. ) 

ETA: I'm guessing the wall panel heat is because the ceiling is so high. Trump hates "low" ceilings (what the rest of us call "normal").

Her education doesn't seem be up to standard. 

• Love 1

Does Melania have a thread? I hate to even look. Anyhoo.... this speaks to rump and his personality and perceived transgressions.  Gigi Hadid got slammed about the American Music Awards for doing a Melania impression with a facial expression and an accent. Oh please. Michelle was called an APE IN HEELS and other things. But mimicking an accent is so horrible. ? Lots of people have accents. sheesh. People impersonated Michelle. How can one do an impersonation of Melania without the accent?

short tidbit. I lived in the middle east in the 90s. When I first got there I didn't know the rules.I got in a cab with my then husband.  I started to make an innocent observation. I had noticed HUGE portraits of a certain person-in-charge  everywhere. He put his mouth to my ear and whispered, " NO NOT HERE" you cant talk about the "one in charge" in a cab bc they will report you and then you disappear. .... Just saying......  

Edited by ari333
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Thanks to everyone who posted this! Green Day song. The chant starts at minute 2:17 and they say it six glorious times.  And they call the fucker by name which is nothing short of AWESOME. "No Trump; no KKK, no fascist USA!" Now I'm off to buy Green Day music in hopes of encouraging others to speak out. Already bought the Hamilton . I'm also boycotting any business that supports rump. I know it is a small thing, but if thousands do it THEY WIILL FEEL IT IN THE WALLET>

Does anyone have  a list of stores that sell either his, Melania's or Ivanka's products? With the holiday shopping season upon us and black Friday coming up, I'd like to avoid any stores carrying their products if at all possible. I know Macy's is one as well as QVC, and I've heard Nordstrom's carries Ivanka's cheap ass looking shoes (what a shame, because I generally love Nordy's and their return policy is amazing).

I admit to being a shoe-aholic and have close to 400 pairs (yes, I know I need help), but thankfully I do not own one pair of Ivanka Trump shoes. I do own one pair of New Balance shoes,  but they are purple (which is my favorite color) and very light and fit perfectly. I always get tons of compliments on them, but they also do not appear to be NB at all - no big logo on the side or bottom or anything, You actually have to look inside the shoe to really see what brand they are. In any case, I bought them many years ago - long before Trump was even a blip on the radar to run for President. However, now I won't buy another pair of NB if they continue to endorse Trump.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Rapunzel said:

Does anyone have  a list of stores that sell either his, Melania's or Ivanka's products?

Here.

New Balance came out against tRump as soon as they started to feel the pinch of the Veep's words about him maybe being better for trade because he's anti-TPP.

I won't boycott them mostly because I can't - they are one of the rare shoe makers that accommodate my son's nine and half six E Flintstone foot.   Judge me if you must.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, NextIteration said:

Which is why when I am not using things like Cheeto Jeebus or Tangerine Tyrant, I use tRump as a protest.

I feel you. I'm  stticking with rump , lower case r.  I I I        

9 minutes ago, NextIteration said:

Here.

New Balance came out against tRump as soon as they started to feel the pinch of the Veep's words about him maybe being better for trade because he's anti-TPP.

I won't boycott them mostly because I can't - they are one of the rare shoe makers that accommodate my son's nine and half six E Flintstone foot.   Judge me if you must.

Thanks NextIteration! I would never judge - I know finding shoes in certain sizes can be tough - my mother can only wear certain brands as well. The only store on that list that I can't boycott is Amazon (I get nearly everything from there, especially things that I can't find locally), but I will never buy a product associated with Trump and his family from there. Their prices are also almost always cheaper than other places, especially given the sales tax that gets tacked on here in San Diego (nearly 10%). Amazon doesn't have to tax everything bought online like it would be if I went to the store to purchase it. Also, since I travel so much, it is very convenient being a Prime member and having many things show up on my doorstep the same day or at least within 2 days - I can't risk my husband or I both being gone on business and having something delivered - we pretty much need to know exactly when it is coming and Amazon is reliable about that. They're also good if something is lost or damaged and give refunds with no problem.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 6

Protecting Donald Trump costs New York City more than $1 million a day

And those costs won't necessarily drop significantly once he moves to the White House.

That's because Melania Trump and their 10-year old son Barron expect to stay at their home at Trump Tower in midtown Manhattan, at least until the end of the school year. And Donald Trump has indicated he plans to return home regularly, especially while they're still here.

He and his family should move to the White House like every other first family has. Imagine how much that 1 million per day could improve NYC schools, help the homeless, feed the hungry, etc. 

• Love 18
19 minutes ago, windsprints said:

He and his family should move to the White House like every other first family has. Imagine how much that 1 million per day could improve NYC schools, help the homeless, feed the hungry, etc. 

Sidwell Friends, though perfectly able to protect POTUS children, has beliefs that are antithetical to the Tangerine Tyrant's beliefs, even though it is one of the best schools in the U.S.  Undoubtedly better than the private school that Baron currently attends.

• Love 7

Another addition to the "Trump Corruption Files"....  This story was linked-to upthread (or another thread?)....looks like it's finally gathering steam.  EDIT:  this was re-tweeted by Kurt Eichenwald:

https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/800752146052509697

Argentine press: Donald Trump asked Argentine President Mauricio Macri for help w/big Trump project in Buenos Aires. http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1958082-revelan-que-trump-le-pidio-permiso-a-macri-para-hacer-una-torre

Edited by Duke Silver
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, NextIteration said:

Sidwell Friends, though perfectly able to protect POTUS children, has beliefs that are antithetical to the Tangerine Tyrant's beliefs, even though it is one of the best schools in the U.S.  Undoubtedly better than the private school that Baron currently attends.

If there is not a school in the area of the White House that is good enough for them then they can home school. I know the Trump's care about no one but putting a 1 million per day strain on the city is ridiculous. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

This is a guy, after all, who thinks the ambassador to the Czech Republic should be his ex-wife, as if anybody would believe that this is based on actual skills as an ambassador rather than "I know somebody Czech!" There's not a single position that's going to be filled for any other reason than the person has been supportive of him personally, or is recommended by somebody who has been.

And how much do we want to bet that being named ambassador would be Ivana's payment for keeping her mouth shut during the campaign (and for the next four years)?  Some Presidents give cushy ambassador slots to donors, Trump will give them to "people who didn't tell everyone what an unmitigated douchetool I am." 

4 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

I distinctly recall reading about an interview with Trumpstain and Melania, not long after Baron's birth, and the interviewer complimented her on losing all the baby weight. The orange dickhead apparently said, very pointedly, "well, nearly all of it". I imagine she was utterly disgusting to him through pregnancy up until she had the personal trainer get her back into shape.

He is possibly the most shallow, venal and superficial person I've ever come across. And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first step in trading his wife in for a younger model. It cannot have passed his notice that she will be turning fifty the same year he's up for re-election (shudder), and I seriously doubt he could suffer the blow to his ego of having a fifty year old wife.

While she was pregnant, he referred to her as a "monster" and a "blimp" (on the Stern show, of course).  Has the man ever looked at himself in a mirror?  

4 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Only if she stops also being the head of his company.

Yeah, they're not going to bother themselves with that silly little ethical quandry.  Remember - he's a special circumstance, according to Kellyanne.  I assume that's code for "he's going to break every single ethical boundary, but we should all let him because he's really, really rich, and a Republican." 

3 hours ago, khyber said:

It will be the Pence faction that provides the info to impeach Trump.

Would not surprise me in the least.  It's why he's in the VP slot in the first place. 

2 hours ago, Padma said:

She's also still an elector in Florida.  So, yeah, a Florida state elector is a member of the P-E's transition team, accepted a bribe from him to look the other way on a fraud case, and is someone he once held a campaign fundraiser for. 

41 minutes ago, NextIteration said:

Here.

No judgement here.  My son is currently making noise about his size 14 shoes feeling a little snug.  I will buy whatever brand I can get for his giant feet without breaking the bank too terribly.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Padma said:

1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

Her education doesn't seem be up to standard. 

Took reply to Rumored Pres. Appt. thread.

43 minutes ago, windsprints said:

I have mixed feelings about this.  My first inclination is to holler, "Uh uh...y'all keep his ass right there in New York because we sure don't want that nectarine nightmare and his baggage here!"

But, then the rational side of me has to remember that since he "applied" for this job and the voters called his bluff, he should take all the perks and inconveniences that comes with the position.  It serves him and his fambly right.  Maybe next time he'll think beyond needing an immediate salve for his monstrous ego because President Obama publicly and rightfully dragged his raggedy ass after being slandered and disrespected for so many years.  

Sidwell Friends is an excellent school, and educated Chelsea Clinton, Al Gore, III, the Nixon girls and the children of other dignitaries.  The Obamas looked at several other excellent schools before deciding on Sidwell Friends.  That Barron's parents can't see past what they want is no surprise to me.

This shit here though.  This is so different from the Reagans visiting their ranch, the Obamas vacationing in Hawaii or even George Bush working at his own ranch.  The nectarine nightmare is so special apparently.  Even The New York Times had a piece this morning about how he has turned a serious selection process into a spectacle.  The reporters likened it to a pageant with a parade of ass-kissers finalists for top "administration" jobs.  Has anyone applied for the role of court jester or official fool yet?

Drumpf Turns Staid Selection Process Into Spectacle

• Love 14
43 minutes ago, NextIteration said:

Trump is planning to hose Federal Workers.

That won't hurt middle class workers in a anyway, or portend his future efforts about wages about other workers or interests.

Just wait, Ryan's attacks on Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare are next.

Purists should be so very proud.

Yep. Millions of workers will gain overtime pay protection on December 1, when Obama's regulation requiring companies to pay time and a half to employees making $47,000 or less takes effect. They will lose that protection as soon as the House goes into session after Trump's inauguration, as the GOP has made repeal of the regulation a top priority. Among the people losing overtime pay, it's estimated that 20 million of them voted for Trump. Moment of silence. J/K LOL.

And it's not just Ryan who's after the safety net anymore. Despite all of his promises to protect entitlements, Trump has made former Dallas mayor Tom Leppert a member of his Social Security Administration landing team, and Leppert has a plan to privatize Social Security and Medicare. Evidently, hurting old people is also a top priority.

1 hour ago, Ceindreadh said:

Best one I saw was Trumplethinskin.

My favorite is from the parody twitter account Miguel Bloombito, where he and the VP-elect are referred to as Trumpacabra and Pencedejo.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 12

Crazy Kellyanne "I Got the Face I Deserved" Conway, claims that the so-called media summit was both "unprecedented" and "excellent."

George Stephanopoulos, Martha Raddatz and Davis Muir represented ABC; Charlie Rose John Dickerson, Norah O’Donnell and Gayle King represented CBS; Jeff Zucker, Wolf Blitzer and Erin Burnett represented CNN; and Deborah Turness, Lester Holt, Chuck Todd and Phil Griffin represented NBC News/MSNBC, according to Bloomberg. Fox News didn’t send any anchors, but executives Bill Shine, Jack Abernethy, Jay Wallace and Suzanne Scott were in attendance.

The meeting came less than a week after Trump ditched his press pool to take his family to dinner, which sparked outrage among journalists. Trump’s team and the attendees made “real progress” when it comes to transparency, according to CNN, which cited a source in the room.

The New York Post, on the other hand, called it "a total disaster."

“The meeting was a total disaster. The TV execs and anchors went in there thinking they would be discussing the access they would get to the Trump administration, but instead they got a Trump-style dressing down,” the source added.

A second source confirmed the encounter.

“The meeting took place in a big board room and there were about 30 or 40 people, including the big news anchors from all the networks…,” the source said.

“Trump kept saying, ‘We’re in a room of liars, the deceitful dishonest media who got it all wrong. He addressed everyone in the room calling the media dishonest, deceitful liars. He called out Jeff Zucker by name and said everyone at CNN was a liar, and CNN was network of liars.

“Trump didn’t say Katy Tur by name, but talked about an NBC female correspondent who got it wrong, then he referred to a horrible network correspondent who cried when Hillary lost who hosted a debate – which was Martha Raddatz who was also in the room.

What kind of "transparency" are we talking about here?!!?! Fucking CNN had Lewandowski on its fucking payrolls at the same time he drew a salary from Trump! Chuck Todd? CHUCK FUCKING TODD? The GOP's water carrier?! 

Face it, folks. We are on our own here. 

Tomorrow, the NYT has a meeting with Herr Trump. I suspect we'll get to find out soon enough if he can shoot someone on 5th Avenue and no one will give a shit -- because no one will ever report it. 'Cause, you know, "transparency." 

18 minutes ago, NextIteration said:

Trump is planning to hose Federal Workers.

That won't hurt middle class workers in a anyway, or portend his future efforts about wages about other workers or interests.

Just wait, Ryan's attacks on Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare are next.

Purists should be so very proud.

Yep, pretty much.  I also hope those who voted for Coral Caligula to protest Hillary or because they despised her will also take note.  None of this is a surprise; why else was Lyin' Ryan so willing to roll over and play dead in the face of Caligula and the Klansman Bannon's attacks?  Ryan gambled and he can barely contain his glee in foisting Ayn Rand's vision on the rest of America.  The same selfish bitch who, herself, ended up taking Social Security benefits.  No wonder she's Lyin' Ryan's hero.  

But, yes...the billionaire (on paper anyway), with his polished fambly of jackasses and the tacky gold-gilded residences in New York, Connecticut and Florida really feels blue collar workers' pain.  A man who has been anti-worker throughout his entire career is supposedly the champion of the working and middle classes.  He wanted to fire the striking hotel workers and replace them with workers willing to work on the cheap(er).  Caligula doesn't even believe we should have a minimum wage and at one time stated that he thought American workers were being paid too much.  But, he's the populist.  GTFOH!

• Love 19

<sigh>  FUCK

I've been trying my best to call for supporting MSM, but they keep letting us down.  They've been co-opted & weakened to the point of impotency.  Putin did it in Russia in about 12 months; Drumpf & his storm troopers needed only a couple weeks.  What the fuck do we do now?

• Love 10
1 minute ago, MulletorHater said:

Yep, pretty much.  I also hope those who voted for Coral Caligula to protest Hillary or because they despised her will also take note.

Oh no, I hold all the BoBs and all the folks that reinforced them responsible

See the following shitheads:

Thomm Hartmann

Robert Reich

Cenk Uyguar/Jimmy Dore

Some of who earned cash and were all about RT.com.

They all should be called out for their support for anti-gay Gabbard just because she was so "courageous" to step down from being a DNC co-chair.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, rcc said:

According to this article Trump gave the media hell. They had to sit there and listen to him rant and apparently can't even report on it.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/21/donald-trumps-media-summit-was-a-f-ing-firing-squad/

They don't have to say much more than "it was like a fucking firing squad" to give the general idea of what it was like. Is anyone shocked? He wants complete control of the narrative so screaming and threatening those who can expose his conflict, lies, etc is par for the course. I hope it lights a fire for them to go full force in making sure everything about him and the cabinet he is selecting is reported.

• Love 6

Trump himself leaked that "version" of the meeting to the NY Post. It's probably bullshit. But the fact that he even did that shows us he's essentially declaring war on the press. This is going to be very, very bad.

• Love 8

Yup, anti-gay Gabbard's hypocritical pro war stance is perfect for the the tangerine tyrant, whether he hires her or not. This man is the hero of the head.

I feel zero sympathy for BoBs, bemuse they were stupid enough in their beliefs and accusations.  I hope thy are pleased about electing Trump and fucking just the  folks in the middle that tRump was supposed to save.

The voting against one's own self  interest continues... the dumbing down of America in our educational system is massively supported, it makes me cry - I will struggling for at least four years.  

THIS IS NOT NORMAL.

• Love 20

Not normal. 

The sky is not green.

Keep speaking out. Keep the grassroots activism going. 

We're not losing this democracy without a fight, you fascist thug. 

I WAS getting slightly back to normal grief-wise, but this pretty much set me back. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, windsprints said:

Cashing in BIGLY in Argentina! this story is in a major Argentine newspaper as well.

"So, President to President, how about letting me slide on those building permits holding up my project in your country?"

Seems like I shouldn't have to depend on my television chat site, political sub-forum, to hear about this level of what-the-fuckery.

Oh, but wait.  Maybe today's off-the-record meeting between "top TV execs and news anchors" and DT at resplendent T-Towers, arranged by Kellyanne Conway, could be a clue.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/television-executives-anchors-meet-with-trump

I'm watching Lester Holt right now and HE'S definitely not mentioning joining his professional colleagues in a private meeting with the President-elect this morning. 

Why would any respected journalist put himself into a situation that even looks like he might wind up perceived as a little sketchy and biased, when perfect objectivity is supposed to be the ultimate goal? 

ETA:  I see others were posting about this at the same time I was.  But, really, no one knows whether "DT rained hell down on the media" or not.  It was an off the record meeting.  It might have been "firing squad" and it might have been:  "C'mon guys, I'm asking everyone to step off my chain while I try to get this all figured out and I'll be very grateful, believe me."

I think there's plenty of reason not to trust him, and not to trust them.

If you want to be considered objective, then don't agree to have meetings with people you're supposed to be reporting about and not report it.

Edited by candall
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, rcc said:

According to this article Trump gave the media hell. They had to sit there and listen to him rant and apparently can't even report on it.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/21/donald-trumps-media-summit-was-a-f-ing-firing-squad/

Won't it be fun when, during his inauguration, he pulls out the over-sized scissors and cuts the First Amendment right off the Bill of Rights? 

43 minutes ago, windsprints said:

Look who made his first propaganda film!  They grow up so fascist! 

• Love 21
44 minutes ago, windsprints said:

They don't have to say much more than "it was like a fucking firing squad" to give the general idea of what it was like. Is anyone shocked? He wants complete control of the narrative so screaming and threatening those who can expose his conflict, lies, etc is par for the course. I hope it lights a fire for them to go full force in making sure everything about him and the cabinet he is selecting is reported.

This is a very big deal and the only reason I happened to find out is because as I was browsing channels I just happened to stop at MSNBC and Kellyanne Conway was speaking. Her usual diarrhea of words non-stop usually puts me off and I change the channel but this time I heard Mark Halperin ask her something about a meeting with the news agencies blowing up. She shrugged off the question saying that whatever transpired was off the record, it was an excellent meeting with the top executives of the major networks and blah blah blah. So I went to the NY Post to read that article myself and thought holy crap, he's absolutely demonizing everyone in the news industry and television station, particularly CNN which is no surprise.

But the meeting was supposed to be a media summit, a collaborative effort. What it became was a scathing condemnation of the media and press by Donald Trump. He laid into them with ferocity calling them liars. As one source said "it was like a fucking firing squad". He sought to humiliate the best reporters in the business and that's exactly what he did. As we all have known, Donald Trump gets even he extracts his revenge.

So here's what I'm wondering. Will President Donald Trump have a press corps that will accompany him basically wherever he travels, and along with him as he meets officials and basically document for the country all his open negotiations?  Or, will President Donald Trump hand-pick his own press corps which would primarily be comprised of those news agencies only sympathetic to furthering his agenda and not really providing unbiased news? That is frightening because although he's not legally breaking a Constitutional law by complying with the tradition of having an official 'press corps", how can we trust his hand-picked army of people that act like Fox News, walk like Fox news and talks the talk of Fox news? I'm not suggesting they'll be from Fox news but akin to those types of reporters who will only follow and report on his bullshit stuff and never the negative side of his idiotic monkey business. You all know well what it would mean if that's his plan.

I'll post the link again.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, candall said:

Why would any respected journalist put himself into a situation that even looks like he might wind up perceived as a little sketchy and biased, when perfect objectivity is supposed to be the ultimate goal? 

I operate under the assumption that there aren't any respectable journalists on television. At ALL. All of them are entertainers -- and all of their news divisions are under the umbrella of their networks' entertainment divisions.

To paraphrase from Brando's Colonel Kurtz, "They are errand boys, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill." 

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

Crazy Kellyanne "I Got the Face I Deserved" Conway, claims that the so-called media summit was both "unprecedented" and "excellent."

The New York Post, on the other hand, called it "a total disaster."

What kind of "transparency" are we talking about here?!!?! Fucking CNN had Lewandowski on its fucking payrolls at the same time he drew a salary from Trump! Chuck Todd? CHUCK FUCKING TODD? The GOP's water carrier?! 

Face it, folks. We are on our own here. 

Tomorrow, the NYT has a meeting with Herr Trump. I suspect we'll get to find out soon enough if he can shoot someone on 5th Avenue and no one will give a shit -- because no one will ever report it. 'Cause, you know, "transparency." 

Yes, Chuck FUCKING Todd, too!

Chuck is one of several journalists who has received hate mail and death threats not only at the newsroom, but also at his home.  Several Jewish journalists have received the same treatment.  I learned about this from my boss, who attends the same synagogue as some of them.  They had a discussion panel and raised the alarm about the threats they and their families have been facing.

If NYT caves, then I will get my news from other sources like The Washington Post and my local papers.

• Love 2

https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/800855065703710720

Donald Trump is paying fraud fines and collecting bribes — and distracting you with Hamilton tweets.

http://www.vox.com/2016/11/19/13685762/donald-trump-hamilton-distraction?utm_campaign=vox.social&utm_medium=social&utm_content=voxdotcom&utm_source=twitter

***I & a few others have discussed this across a couple different threads, but we need to remain vigilant in keeping our eyes on things that matter most.  I'm aware that varies from person to person.  I'm just grasping at straws.

• Love 1

So it's only a matter of time before Seth Meyers, Stephen Colbert ,  Samantha Bee, and many other talk shows are cancelled in retaliation and  silence the dissent?

I'm going to really enjoy the night time diversity of Jimmy Fallon on every network . 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Ok I have redneck blood in me so I can say this. My bf works with some serious rednecks who proudly voted for rump. They are also racists. Now that it has come out that rump wants to stop overtime pay those folks are crying "WHAT? I VOTED FOR HIM to get rid of the foreigners! " Well, guess what ? Now it effects YOU motherfuckers.... so they're crying now...only when it effects THEM.  

I have nothing to say to this except lol.

• Love 23