Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

This was part of Melania's message in her speech.

"I do worry about all of our children, as we know social media is the centerpiece of our lives. As adults, many of us are able to handle mean words even lies. Children and teenagers can be fragile, They're hurt when they are made fun of or made to feel less in looks or intelligence. Our culture has gotten too mean and too rough, especially to children and teenagers."

Wait, hold on Melania. Are you REALLY going to preach to the choir? Are you actually going to appear to be offended by 'mean words' on social media? We all sort of, kind of know what your husband has been saying for the past year. Will someone please shove a sock in her mouth.

This horrible election has made me a bitter woman, and a spiteful thinking one. I actually want Donald Trump's business to fail. I want every bank to deny him credit and I want his apartment buildings empty and sold to the city for homeless people's shelters. I want Melania to leave him with Barron and the nanny and get with some really richer man that's half his age.  I want Kellyann Conway's bleached hair to fall out at the roots. I want someone to actually vomit on Kayleigh McEnany. I want to see Van Jones punch Corey Lewandowski right in his nose on TV.  And last but not least is Sean Hannity and what I imagine for that idiot is far too horrid to talk about. See? I told you that it's changed me as a person, and not in a good way.

• Love 23

One of Canada's largest newspapers, The Globe and Mail has endorsed Hillary Clinton. They wrote a letter to you.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/editorials/dear-america-please-dont-vote-for-donald-trump/article32655412/

Dear United States of America,

At first, we thought the Trump thing was just a phase you were going through. Your endless election cycle, with infinite ink to be spilled and pixels to be filled, means that every candidate gets his 15 minutes. So you gave Donald Trump 15 minutes. And then you gave him another 15. And then, pretty soon, he’d taken over prime time. And now he’s on the verge of being elected President. This matters because, as you know, it’s the planet’s most powerful job.

Obama: Trump would put 'republic at risk' (AP Video)

This U.S. election, unlike any since the Second World War, is white knuckle time for the rest of the world. Foreign governments don’t want to interfere in your democracy, so they can’t say what they really think about Trump. But we can. We’re terrified.

We can’t believe that given a choice between one mildly flawed candidate and another peddling an explosive combo of bad ideas, no ideas and zero self-control, you’re having trouble choosing.

Does the entire planet feel this way? No. If you want to cheer up Vladimir Putin, or bring a smile to the faces of the hard men who rule China, then by all means, pull the lever for Trump. But the rest of us, your friends and allies in the free world, are pushing the panic button.

Read more: How a Trump presidency would affect Canada’s economy

Read more: How a Clinton presidency would affect Canada’s economy

Read more: What you missed and what you need to know about the closing days of the campaign

For three-quarters of a century, we’ve looked to the United States for leadership and stability. America and its leaders are not always perfect; the Founding Fathers built your political system on a recognition that all human beings are flawed. America, like any country, has made missteps and mistakes; it has sometimes wronged others, and sometimes they have wronged it.

But over time, the United States has been largely a force for good in this world. In World War II, you saved democracy. You rebuilt Europe and Japan. You won the Cold War. You led the establishment of an international order based on freedom, democracy, law and trade.

Nobody has to make you “Great Again.” You’re already great. You’re already the indispensable nation at the centre of the international system. The Europeans can’t replace you, and while Moscow and Beijing would like to, no one on the side of freedom and democracy wants that. We don’t have an entire Justice League of superpowers to choose from. You’re it.

That’s why a Trump presidency sets alarm bells ringing. The international system can survive all sorts of minor countries going off the rails. Hungary is led by a man who proudly calls himself an illiberal democrat; the world shrugs. The Philippines is governed by a president whose every pronouncement is more intemperate than the last; the world laughs. But if Mr. Trump moves into the White House, America’s allies will neither shrug nor laugh.

We understand some of the reservations about Hillary Clinton. That she violated arcane government email protocols, a tempest in a tiny teapot if there ever was one, is no reason to vote against her. But the chain of donors and employees running through government to the Clinton foundation and back again should concern you – as it points out how Washington, on both sides of the aisle, is rotten with the whiff of money and influence-peddling.

But in terms of education, experience and temperament, Ms. Clinton is exceptionally well-qualified to be President. Her policies, foreign and domestic, are far better than the Republican alternative. As a politician, however, something about Ms. Clinton has always rubbed a lot of Americans the wrong way, and the Democratic Party’s decision to nominate her was a political error. She’s the one candidate able to get independents and moderate Republicans to overlook Mr. Trump’s overwhelming unfitness for the job.

Mr. Trump’s platform, such as it is, promises lower taxes for the wealthy, some tax increases in the middle, and a loss of health insurance for many poor Americans. And that’s the conventional part of his package.

His attack on free trade, which Republicans traditionally supported, is a shot at a cornerstone of the international order American built. His repeated deflection of criticism of Mr. Putin is troubling. His statements of sympathy for other illiberal regimes are concerning. His plans for how to deal with issues like Syria, Iraq and ISIS are self-contradictory and absurdly thin.

Above all, Mr. Trump is an authoritarian. He’s not much interested in ideas or rules, and that includes the U.S. Constitution, the most cerebral of government documents. His values and impulses are not those of the America – the great American – the world knows and needs.

And yet Mr. Trump trails Ms. Clinton by only the slimmest of margins. He’s got the wind in his sails. America is this close to electing President Trump.

Someone once said that America can always be relied upon to do the right thing – having first exhausted all other alternatives. America, it’s less than a week to voting day. Your alternatives are now exhausted.

• Love 21
59 minutes ago, Rapunzel said:

Brian then pressed KellyAnne as a lawyer and said that she, as an attorney, knows that an indictment is a term of law and that Trump should not use the words “likely indictment” when all the facts and reporting are to the contrary. KellyAnne basically said “Fine, but it doesn’t change what’s in voters’ minds right now and you can see it in the polling.”  However, from a legal perspective, she knows it's wrong to use that term but wouldn't dare admit it directly because it would harm Puffy Cheeto. She's rather continue to make herself look like an idiot.

Yeah - the end justifies the means, huh?   It doesn't matter what's true, if we can twist it to make people believe it and vote for Trump, well then, that's the goal, right? 

I hate that bitch.

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

That blouse looks like it was specifically picked out to show off her breasts.

I wondered, since she very clearly did not bother with a bra for the second debate.

57fb12a7170000c316acaab7.jpeg?cache=u9w4

* I wish to note I am not judging going braless, for those who do, but I do think that for certain times, and places, like say, Presidential debates, they should probably be worn, especially if one's $1100 blouse is made of a thin, clingy fabric.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I wondered, since she very clearly did not bother with a bra for the second debate.

* I wish to note I am not judging going braless, for those who do, but I do think that for certain times, and places, like say, Presidential debates, they should probably be worn, especially if one's $1100 blouse is made of a thin, clingy fabric.

She could at least wear those "petals" things. They are like little stickers that you can put over your nipples and a small part of your breasts if you're wearing something where bra lines might be noticed. They are invisible under clothes. Doesn't look like Milania has a clue about them.

There's also a bit of a more full coverage option that can help support things as well, but she should at least be wearing the "petals" or whatever they are called.

Given that she is trying to be the next First Lady and gave a speech on cyber bullying, which specifically mentioned looks, you'd think she (and her stylist) would be more conscientious about this.

If you're not trying to be first lady and are just going to the grocery store or whatever and choose to so braless, then who cares? However, in this particular case, not even bothering with "petals" or something just doesn't seem right.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

This horrible election has made me a bitter woman, and a spiteful thinking one. I actually want Donald Trump's business to fail. I want every bank to deny him credit and I want his apartment buildings empty and sold to the city for homeless people's shelters.

If it's any comfort, he's already pretty much at that point with the banks. I mentioned this upthread but to summarize, I work for a very, very large financial services institution and am a member of its PAC. Earlier this year, the PAC brought in two guest speakers to talk to us about the election, one Republican lobbyist and one Democrat lobbyist. Both were horrified by the idea of a Trump presidency, and both said that neither Wall Street nor big traditional U.S. banks will lend Trump money now because he has consistently screwed them over, so they've had to take huge losses on some of his loans, etc. That's why you hear him periodically bitch and moan about Wall Street/big banks, and that's why he now has so many Russian investors. IIRC, he may still have one large loan on the books with a U.S. bank, but if so, that bank is holding its breath waiting to see exactly how much he's going to stiff them for. If an average middle-class person handled his or her debt the way Trump does, that person would have a crappy credit score and certainly not be able to get financing for new risky business ventures, and would probably not have the option of conning foreign investors into providing an influx of cash to keep the business going.

Prior to this election, Trump always seemed to be just some relatively harmless egomaniacal famewhore. As a result of this election, I've gone from being merely disgusted by his celebrity to actively wishing for his brand to crash and burn so badly there will be no possibility of recovery.

• Love 24

Agreed.  I never thought I'd see a candidate for the President of the United States who had a complete disdain for the institutions of democracy and had the support of a Russian despot, the KKK and a rogue faction of the FBI.  It's beyond disturbing.

• Love 19

Two speeches in five months for Melania?  To think that Tangerine nightmare was criticizing a fallen soldier's mother for not speaking out.

IF Donald speaks the truth, let him fucking release his tax returns.  Are his supporters so deranged they don't see the neon sign over that whole evasion?  

• Love 14

I'm so on board for the ridicule of these horrible people and the revenge fantasies that are so entertaining.  Thanks for the laughs--inc. Melania as a half-wit, which made me laugh because I've thought it but didn't have the guts to say it.  But why be polite and considerate about any of these hateful, lying fools?  Because Melania's issue is cyber-bullying???? Really???? And her message is that its okay to cyberbully adults but not children? Whatever, you fool. And let's not forget the old-fashioned in person bullying that your husband also excels at. Or do you feel that 18 is "old enough to take it" so that when your husband demeaned and ridiculed a teenager by calling her "Miss Piggy" and "Miss Housekeeping", destroying her self-esteem by forcing her to exercise in front of a slew of camera crews while he called her "Miss Eating Machine" that was fine, too. Yes, he'll make an amazing president.

Of all the issues to take on....She has just GOT to be an idiot. 

Oh and I love the idea of her leaving 70 year old Donald for a younger billionaire.  I recommend Mark Cuban!

ETA: I enjoyed seeing the endorsement from The Globe and Mail. They made some great points -- I only disagreed that somehow Democrats erred in appointing Hillary as she was an exceptionally vulnerable target. They probably don't remember the Willie Horton campaign against Dukakis or the swift-boating of war hero John Kerry.

I don't blame them though. It's hard to believe the smear tactics could be so intense and despicable. And even so, it's true, no matter what has come before, Trump has far surpassed all of it and set the bar so low for a presidential campaign that I doubt anyone but an outright fascist or Klan member could ever make it any worse.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 9

Really good, fricking scary synopsis of how we got here. 

He's been called an impostor, a fraud, a fake. A charlatan. His own ghostwriter for the book "The Art of the Deal" called him a sociopath. There are many words that describe Donald Trump, and there are just as many words that don't describe him: Conservative. Decent. Serious. Presidential.

Donald Trump has spearheaded one of the most divisive campaigns in modern politics and, in the eyes of many in his own party, is unfit to hold the highest office in the land.

But when the dust settles, whether he wins or loses, how will his campaign for the presidency be remembered? As an insurgency? Is it the story of someone "who fights" taking on power while taking power? Or will it be a hostile takeover from an invader that played out on national television as sane people watched and despaired? Will Trump be remember as the head of a movement, or the head of a snake? Or even as the snake-oil salesman and crony who hoodwinked millions?

And what of those who resisted? History will remember the resistance, but it remains to be seen if that will be positively or negatively.

But perhaps most importantly of all, will the people who support him ever get a clear picture of who he REALLY is?

“The Sociopath”, a film by Ben Howe, will show you not only who this man is, but more importantly, how he got to where he is, who supported him in doing so, and what it could mean for the future of the nation if he is elected.

Category News & Politics

License  Standard YouTube License

• Love 10
4 hours ago, BookWoman56 said:

Earlier this year, the PAC brought in two guest speakers to talk to us about the election, one Republican lobbyist and one Democrat lobbyist. Both were horrified by the idea of a Trump presidency, and both said that neither Wall Street nor big traditional U.S. banks will lend Trump money now because he has consistently screwed them over, so they've had to take huge losses on some of his loans, etc.

This is why I'm hoping that the polls are underestimating Clinton's support because a lot of business Republicans will actually vote for her. I know people who work with those types and they've all said they will probably end up voting for her because they know what they'll get and they can plan the next four years. With Trump, they would have no idea what would happen. If it's one thing the markets hate it's uncertainty. 

• Love 13
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And she's not unbiased, either. She's had it in for the Clintons for years. She also keeps harping that she's been a "pollster" for years, so of course the polls stating that the Orangutan will win is a fait accompli.

To me, she's always looked and appeared as a Bottled Bleach Blonde Crypt Keeper.

Many of Trump's female surrogates have the blonde hair, the cleavage, the clothes ... but you get to their faces and it's like their souls are peeking through.   

Edited by millennium
  • Love 8

I doubt this will make a difference.   The news outlets like CNN, etc. are now all polls/all the time, unabashedly ignoring late developments (such as Trump destroying emails).   Besides, I think the powers that be at CNN are gambling on a Trump win and don't want to anger him anymore for fear of being blackballed once he takes office.

FOX still breaks stories -- but only as long as they are damaging to Clinton. 

From Newsweek:

WHY VLADIMIR PUTIN'S RUSSIA IS BACKING DONALD TRUMP

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, BookWoman56 said:

If it's any comfort, he's already pretty much at that point with the banks. I mentioned this upthread but to summarize, I work for a very, very large financial services institution and am a member of its PAC. Earlier this year, the PAC brought in two guest speakers to talk to us about the election, one Republican lobbyist and one Democrat lobbyist. Both were horrified by the idea of a Trump presidency, and both said that neither Wall Street nor big traditional U.S. banks will lend Trump money now because he has consistently screwed them over, so they've had to take huge losses on some of his loans, etc. That's why you hear him periodically bitch and moan about Wall Street/big banks, and that's why he now has so many Russian investors. IIRC, he may still have one large loan on the books with a U.S. bank, but if so, that bank is holding its breath waiting to see exactly how much he's going to stiff them for. If an average middle-class person handled his or her debt the way Trump does, that person would have a crappy credit score and certainly not be able to get financing for new risky business ventures, and would probably not have the option of conning foreign investors into providing an influx of cash to keep the business going.

Prior to this election, Trump always seemed to be just some relatively harmless egomaniacal famewhore. As a result of this election, I've gone from being merely disgusted by his celebrity to actively wishing for his brand to crash and burn so badly there will be no possibility of recovery.

Thanks Bookwoman56, it's great to start the day with some bright news. :)

But, I did wake up and turned on the TV to CNN of course and there was no CNN. It was hacked, just like Fox Network was hacked yesterday. I'm able to watch it streaming on my laptop and don't know how long it's going to take to get it back but whomever is behind this is really messing with us. I have heard that there will be hacking of our electrical grid in the coming months. Hate to say this but there's some genuine danger lurking around, this is the stuff that spy movies are made of. I had wondered long ago how any bank could extend unlimited credit to Trump Enterprises despite the fact that he screws them by not repaying his loans. Then it occurred to me that a bank can just write off that amount of money and they are covered somehow by the government or they just write it off of the books as a loss for tax purposes? Truthfully that practice seems shady to me and I also wondered if the FDIC looks into those practices. If it was you or me, the bank would get reclaim their losses though other means like liens or seizures of assets.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, millennium said:

Many of Trump's female surrogates have the blonde hair, the cleavage, the clothes ... but you get to their faces and it's like their souls are peeking through.   

When I read this, I thought of the show "Grimm" and what a Hexenbeast  (a type of witch) looks like when they reveal their true Hexenbeast face. The Hexenbeast face is something far scarier than what we see on any "typical" witch - it is just down right hideous and frightening. KellyAnne and Trump's collection of blonde Barbie wanna be surrogates are all really just Trump Hexenbeasts.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, Rapunzel said:

When I read this, I thought of the show "Grimm" and what a Hexenbeast  (a type of witch) looks like when they reveal their true Hexenbeast face. The Hexenbeast face is something far scarier than what we see on any "typical" witch - it is just down right hideous and frightening. KellyAnne and Trump's collection of blonde Barbie wanna be surrogates are all really just Trump Hexenbeasts.

tumblr_md8w58NOLC1qi8v6fo6_250.gif

Kellyanne, is that you?

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

That was literally my first thought when I glanced at the clip of her speaking.

8 hours ago, HumblePi said:

This horrible election has made me a bitter woman, and a spiteful thinking one.

It has had that effect on me too. Along with whittling down the list of people whose opinions I respect.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I believe it was intentional to distract from the words of her speech, helpfully provided by @HumblePi.  Clearly her speech was aimed at all the bullies slighting the Donald, the World's Biggest Baby, and hurting his feelings.

8 hours ago, HumblePi said:

This was part of Melania's message in her speech.

"I do worry about all of our children, as we know social media is the centerpiece of our lives. As adults, many of us are able to handle mean words even lies. Children and teenagers can be fragile, They're hurt when they are made fun of or made to feel less in looks or intelligence. Our culture has gotten too mean and too rough, especially to children and teenagers."

• Love 5

Chances are at least a few times, the clip of Melania speaking about the children being hurt by social media ugliness was immediately followed by Hillary's tv ad of children watching and listening to Donald Trump saying disgusting things and mocking the disabled reporter. I hope so, anyway. I've been seeing that ad a lot. 

• Love 14
8 hours ago, backformore said:

Yeah - the end justifies the means, huh?   It doesn't matter what's true, if we can twist it to make people believe it and vote for Trump, well then, that's the goal, right? 

I hate that bitch.

That nasty looking rode hard and put up wet traitor to America. 

8 hours ago, Rapunzel said:

"petals" things.

Nods, or Boobeez.  I'm a dance mom and know all about these things. ;)  Can't have bras ruining the look of costumes!

3 hours ago, fireice13 said:

This is why I'm hoping that the polls are underestimating Clinton's support because a lot of business Republicans will actually vote for her. I know people who work with those types and they've all said they will probably end up voting for her because they know what they'll get and they can plan the next four years. With Trump, they would have no idea what would happen. If it's one thing the markets hate it's uncertainty. 

I think there is a secret Clinton vote, not a secret tRump vote, or I pray so anyways.  I just think there are regular Republican men out there that are going to pull the curtain and vote Clinton because they are intelligent enough to know that tRump will be a disaster for the economy.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, DeLurker said:

How is it that if your elderly relative or neighbor spoke in the same rambling, repetitive, incoherent pattern of Trump, you'd be worried about dementia but he is the GOP nominee/potential POTUS?

If he was my father or uncle, I'd be making a lot of excuses to my friends about him. "Oh don't pay attention to Uncle Don, he's always been a little off".  He would be the embarrassment of the family.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

If he was my father or uncle, I'd be making a lot of excuses to my friends about him. "Oh don't pay attention to Uncle Don, he's always been a little off".  He would be the embarrassment of the family.

This is exactly who Trump reminds me of. Family members who spout racist, bigoted bullshit, but we tolerate socially because "that's just how they are", and they're otherwise amusing to be around for other reasons. This is the year I stop tolerating that anymore.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

All In and TRMS were must watch tonight.  Both detail how a "cell" within the FBI took a Breitbart hit piece on HRC as gospel and tried to get the FBI to investigate her and the Clinton Foundation based upon it.  When that didn't happen, because the "evidence" was some ridiculous made up conspiracy theory, they got pissed and took matters into their own hands.  They are apparently the ones behind the WeinerLeak. 

The other really interesting thing is that Donald's biggest campaign contributor is the same person that funds Breitbart, and this man (a billionaire) used to employ Kellyanne Conway and several other of Donald's campaign operatives to run his foundation before sending them Donald's way.  So, in RM's words, it's a nice little circle.  Both Maddow and Hayes talked about that fucker Rudy Guiliani bragging to some Faux News person of some surprises Donald's campaign had up their sleeves two days before Comey letter and his hand in all this.

These people are trying to destroy our democracy; it is not hyperbole to say so.  And Republicans like Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan, who are threatening nothing but gridlock and investigations if Donald isn't elected, are right there with them. 

This is bullshit.

Excellent summation.  Professor Paul Krugman has an excellent op-ed piece in today's NYT describing how the GOP spent decades trashing Democratic leaders and undermining our democracy.  So none of this shit is anything new.  Who Broke Politics?

And, this starts at the head with the the weasely Paul Ryan, a shameless fraud with an Eddie Munster face who is willing to put a monster in office just so long as he can privatize Medicare and Social Security.  He clearly has presidential ambitions himself for 2020.  I love that Professor Krugman is virtually the only one in corporate media who consistently calls out Ryan for the fake "policy wonk" he is.  He also constantly chastises the rest of media for falling over themselves to hold Ryan up as some kind of big brain.  His numbers never add up and his hypocrisy and cravenness are breathtaking, as was made clear during his debate performance with Vice President Biden in 2012.

I'm not surprised to see that Kellyanne was in the employ of Breitbart's biggest donor.  That increasingly haggard looking bitch has been fighting the Clintons since the 90's.  Here's to hoping that her stringy dishwater blonde hair falls out in clumps when this is all over.  She has earned every bag, sag and wrinkle.  I refuse to "go high" when it comes to that bitch.  The same thing with that ghoul with the bad dentures, Ghouliani.  Still pissed because Hillary took "his" Senate seat.  But, I guess she's the blame for the health issues that required him to drop out of the Senate race, too, right?

I know that Comey is looking a little more sympathetic these days, but he's still a political hack as far as I'm concerned.  He doesn't get any brownie points for trying to put bubble gum on a leak.  He started this culture when he made his inappropriate vociferous comments about Hillary's carelessness to appease the GOP, who were pissed he wasn't going to indict her.  Fuck him.  I'm still waiting for AG Loretta Lynch to clean house to the extent that she can.

May they all get the karma they so richly deserve because of their association with that nectarine pimp.  That goes for his robotic, barely literate wife with the fake boobs and fake architectural degree; his unfortunate looking older sons and their spouses; his equally trifling and favorite daughter and her despicable husband.  Pieces of shit, the lot of them.

• Love 16
57 minutes ago, NextIteration said:

Ew, I just can't when it comes to Giuliani. I couldn't stand that guy and those big fake choppers when he was mayor of NYC. I think he's Trump's little bitch.

http://i.imgur.com/pggRyxm.gifv

giphy-9.gif

"Wheresch da balloons?  Wheresch da balloons?"

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

Elsewhere, someone made the comment that Melania giving a speech against cyber-bullying makes you wonder if she has ever met her husband...

That is an unfortunate choice of topics to support given tRump and his bullying and antics.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 0:44 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

Sorry, prevailing windI didn't mean to quote you here and I cant seem to unquote it.

27 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Trevor Noah referred to Trump as "that rapey can of Fanta" last nite.    HEE!

WQ, my first giggle snort of the day!

• Love 6

Happening just now,  'Former Christie Allies Guilty on All Counts in George Washington Bridge Trial'. Chris Christie is in charge of the Trump's 'transition team'. Two former allies of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie were found guilty on all counts for their roles in closing lanes at the George Washington Bridge to create traffic jams as political revenge. There is no 'direct' evidence that Christie was involved in a conspiratorial way but that  could change.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/former-christie-allies-guilty-on-all-counts-in-george-washington-bridge-trial-1478273769

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

Happening just now,  'Former Christie Allies Guilty on All Counts in George Washington Bridge Trial'. Chris Christie is in charge of the Trump's 'transition team'. Two former allies of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie were found guilty on all counts for their roles in closing lanes at the George Washington Bridge to create traffic jams as political revenge. There is no 'direct' evidence that Christie was involved in a conspiratorial way but that  could change.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/former-christie-allies-guilty-on-all-counts-in-george-washington-bridge-trial-1478273769

I hope this leads to an indictment for Christie.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

Ew, I just can't when it comes to Giuliani. I couldn't stand that guy and those big fake choppers when he was mayor of NYC. I think he's Trump's little bitch.

http://i.imgur.com/pggRyxm.gifv

giphy-9.gif

"Wheresch da balloons?  Wheresch da balloons?"

A lot of people outside NYC have forgotten, or never knew, that on September 10, 2001, Giuliani was a very unpopular man in NYC, especially (but not only) among people of color.  After the towers were attacked on 9/11 he was marching through the downtown streets because he had no command center to go to, having had it established in WTC bldg 7 against the advice of everyone in gov't because the WTC had already been attacked in 1993. And he's essentially been living off 9/11 for the past 15 years; how many speaking engagements has he been paid massive amounts for?   I'll grant you, he conducted himself well in the days after the attacks but, honestly, what did he do that any other person in that office wouldn't have done?  

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, partofme said:

I hope this leads to an indictment for Christie.

You and me both.  I'm listening for chants of, "LOCK HIM UP!"

All because he and his aides wanted revenge against the mayor of Fort Lee.  And, how's this for irony?  It was a piece of email ("Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee") that brought the whole house of cards down.  Bridget Kelly testified that she received Christie's approval before she sent the email to trigger what she thought was a traffic study.  I believe her when she said Christie approve of the email.  But, she actually thought it was a traffic study?  Bitch, please.

Hopefully, Ghouliani won't be far behind.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Her rode hard and put out wet face bothers me more than her nipples. Damn, she is ugly!

• Love 3

(Re Melania's transparent blouse, no  bra) If Michelle O did that all hell's bells would have broken loose. Melania gets away with a lot imo including some other photos almost naked. Well, I can say this of her; she's definitely a tRump . That look seems very inappropriate for the venue, as mentioned.  If he wins (God help us) he and his antics will be the embarrassments of the 20th and 21st centuries.  Someone  -here or on tv - said that he will run civilization off a cliff . I agree and I'm scared

Edited by ari333
  • Love 13

Yeah, I won't criticize anyone for not wearing a bra, and the pearl-clutching that can ensue over visible nipple outline can annoy me, but, yeah, I tend to wear the damn bra that won't show my nips at certain events. The main thing is, imagine if it were Chelsea or Michelle Obama or any Democratic woman. That picture would have been everywhere with the worst slurs imaginable. 

• Love 23
17 minutes ago, ari333 said:

(Re Melania's transparent blouse, no  bra) If Michelle O did that all hell's bells would have broken loose. Melania gets away with a lot imo including some other photos almost naked. Well, I can say this of her; she's definitely a tRump . That look seems very inappropriate for the venue, as mentioned.  If he wins (God help us) he and his antics will be the embarrassments of the 20th and 21st centuries.  Someone  -here or on tv - said that he will run civilization off a cliff . I agree and I'm scared

A non-story that made the rounds yesterday was British PM Theresa May was criticized for being 60 and wearing a cocktail dress to a gala event. She had the audacity to bare her knees AND arms. *gasp* Oh the horror!

Pretty sure she wore a bra though.  :)

• Love 9
23 hours ago, backformore said:

Trevor Noah had talked about how the Trump family is benefitting financially from the campaign.  

Trump asks supporters to donate money.   Do they realize that their campaign DONATIONS are going right into the pockets of the Trumps?    There have been stories about how donations are being used to rent office space, for the Trump campaign,  from the Trump company - at inflated prices!  And the latest I heard was that the Trump campaign buys wine from Eric Trump's wine company. \

Here is an older article about it - I'm sure things are much worse by now:

Why would donors give money when the first dollars go to help a billionaire buy products from his own company?

My understanding is that the online donations do not go to the RNC but rather go directly into Donald's pocket. That's why they're so big on online donations.

But Trump might not be taking in what he proclaims when even his website obscures the actual figures with donation-tracker that's just a loop of previous donations.

One can hope.

I'm surprised the RNC hasn't confronted him with accusations of price-gouging. 

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 5

I am guessing that Kellyanne and the rest of the surrogates will get paid through the Trump Foundation.  I doubt it is legal to do so, but that doesn't seem to be an issue with them.  

Re: Kellyanne Conway

12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

To me, she's always looked and appeared as a Bottled Bleach Blonde Crypt Keeper.

I think if there was more time left before the election, Trump would fire her because she is no longer good looking enough to represent him or at least have her "get some work done" on her face.  But I suppose he will put up with having a 5 as a campaign manager for a few more days.  

12 hours ago, HumblePi said:

This horrible election has made me a bitter woman, and a spiteful thinking one. 

You are not alone. I think as long as we are only bitter and spiteful with regards to anyone associated with trying to get Trump elected, and we don't threaten to harm anyone personally (only wish them ill), we can still hold our heads high.  "If they go low, we go high" is a wonderful motto, but I think, when you are dealing with people that go so, so low, it is okay to go with "If they go low, we go not quite as low."  It can be therapeutic to imagine your enemies getting what they deserve.  

12 hours ago, briochetwist said:

One of Canada's largest newspapers, The Globe and Mail has endorsed Hillary Clinton. They wrote a letter to you.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/editorials/dear-america-please-dont-vote-for-donald-trump/article32655412/

That is a wonderful letter.

4 hours ago, millennium said:

You can see souls?  You eyesight is better than mine - they look soulless to me.  

1 hour ago, DeLurker said:

I've been lovingSeth Meyer's a Closer Look.  This one clearly displays the false equivalency that has been going on (starts around 6:20)

The false equivalency section was so spot on.  I only wish he had included "is on trial in December for the rape of a 13 year old."

Why do we keep hearing people talk about not wanting to elect someone who is under FBI investigation, but no one mentions not wanting a president elect on trial for rape? (rhetorical question - I have read all of this thread, it is just another example of the WTF? of this election).

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, briochetwist said:

A non-story that made the rounds yesterday was British PM Theresa May was criticized for being 60 and wearing a cocktail dress to a gala event. She had the audacity to bare her knees AND arms. *gasp* Oh the horror!

WHAT? How dare she be 60 and go out in public ....with knees and arms! and a bra!

modestly dressed with dignity! Oh the humanity.

The current Mrs. trump could take a note.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, briochetwist said:

That's pretty typical for Brits - I'm married to one and worked over there for a number  of years and still spend half my time there. If I were to show up in open toed shoes at some work places or to meetings, especially with outside parties, it would cause a scandal, as would wearing anything sleeveless or "above the knee."

I remember when I was living in London and my husband and I were just dating at the time and I hadn't learned all the proper "British" language/terms yet. He asked me what I planned to wear out to a friend's dinner that night and I said I wasn't sure, but probably pants with a blouse or something. He started laughing and he said that he hoped I would be wearing pants. I asked why - thinking he thought I didn't look good in a skirt or a dress. He explained to me that "pants"  in Brit speak meant underwear. I should have said that I would be wearing "trousers" instead. Lesson learned.

In any case, a woman who is trying to be First Lady needs to dress and act like she already is. They tell women who want to be executives or reach higher positions the same thing - dress for the job you want, not for the job you have. In this case, that means wearing a bra when giving a public speech that will be broadcast world wide. Why Miliania and/or her stylists made that choice is beyond me. Again, I'm all for not wearing a bra if you're out running errands and what not, but we all know that there are times and circumstances which require one. Maybe Puffy Cheeto forbade her from wearing one - I don't even want to know what he was thinking about while she was up there speaking.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, ari333 said:

WHAT? How dare she be 60 and go out in public ....with knees and arms! and a bra!

modestly dressed with dignity! Oh the humanity.

The current Mrs. trump could take a note.

Please!  If the current Mrs. Drumpf started for the job she is interviewing for, her husband would dump her ass like a sack of soggy potatoes.  Not only that, he would pack her up in her crate and ship her back to Slovenia.  It's not as if he's been faithful to her despite her supposed "hotness."  

But, he has to display his trophy wife for all to see no matter the circumstances or the venue.  She was trying to appeal to suburban women in Pennsylvania and to the campaign's way of thinking, Melania was dressed modestly compared to the outfits we've typically seen her in.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Please!  If the current Mrs. Drumpf started for the job she is interviewing for, her husband would dump her ass like a sack of soggy potatoes.  Not only that, he would pack her up in her crate and ship her back to Slovenia.  It's not as if he's been faithful to her despite her supposed "hotness."  

But, he has to display his trophy wife for all to see no matter the circumstances or the venue.  She was trying to appeal to suburban women in Pennsylvania and to the campaign's way of thinking, Melania was dressed modestly compared to the outfits we've typically seen her in.

I hope I'm not out of line in  discussing the Mrs here, but I don't think she warrants her own thread.

Bold By Me (BBM) are you referring to outfits worn in public or her .. um..... photos? I haven't seen much of her bc I didn't want to, but now Im a little curious how bad it got aka how little she wore. And for sure tRump will trade her in when she is deemed "too old" or gains 2 pounds or when gravity gets her.  I expect the first lady of any term and either party to have a little.. what's the word? decorum.... in how she conducts and dresses herself. Sheesh that is not too much to ask.   

Edit to add: Hopefully he'll lose and it wont be any issue anymore.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Rapunzel said:

That's pretty typical for Brits - I'm married to one and worked over there for a number  of years and still spend half my time there. If I were to show up in open toed shoes at some work places or to meetings, especially with outside parties, it would cause a scandal, as would wearing anything sleeveless or "above the knee."

But this wasn't work, it was a gala event, The Pride of Britain. Feel free to check out the link showing what others were wearing, gowns slit up to here and cut down to there. She looks perfectly respectable.

https://ca.style.yahoo.com/theresa-mays-short-hemline-is-freaking-british-people-out-153954776.html

theresa.jpg

• Love 6

So we're all on the same page, Trump isn't going on trial for rape. No trial has been scheduled. District Judge Ronnie Abrams has ordered both sides to appear for an initial status conference about the lawsuit on December 16th at the U.S. District Court in Manhattan. The lawsuit seeks $75,000 in damages.