Type keyword(s) to search

Marriage Boot Camp - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I found it really funny when Sean whispered to Catherine that he was going to see if he could a way out of continuing with the show. They probably thought it was going to an easy way to make money since the show films for 2 weeks, but clearly, they got more than they bargained for with the cast.

The most enjoyable part of this shit show was to watch Sean squirm through all of it. I couldn't stand him as the Bachelor so it's really satisfaying to see him being reduced to this to make money.

• Love 9

A surprise wedding takes a dark turn when tragedy strikes; and Judge Lynn Toler from "Divorce Court" teams up with Jim and Elizabeth and gets serious with the couples. Later, Benzino becomes angry and packs his bags.

The most enjoyable part of this shit show was to watch Sean squirm through all of it. I couldn't stand him as the Bachelor so it's really satisfaying to see him being reduced to this to make money.

I don't mind reality "stars" going on to milk their "fame" doing other shows for money.    Check out his reason #3 for doing this show!

He is such an ass.  

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/seanlowe/2015/11/three-reasons-catherine-and-i-did-marriage-boot-camp/#more-1996

• Love 4

I believe most people figured that Sean and Catherine were just in it for the money, because she has been unemployed since "The Bachelor" ended.  It must be a decent amount, because I haven't seen Trista and Ryan since their appearance on the show. 

Well, I hope the money was worth it to them. I never had a high opinion of them in the first place, but they just seem like tacky famewhores at this point.

I believe most people figured that Sean and Catherine were just in it for the money, because she has been unemployed since "The Bachelor" ended.  It must be a decent amount, because I haven't seen Trista and Ryan since their appearance on the show. 

Trista and Ryan were recently on Who Wants to be a Millionaire, but from what I can tell, everything they won went to a charity. Nice.

• Love 2

That Ink dude is such a jerk. He "likes her more than loves her." He's the one who said he should be able to cheat and there's no problem with that. The guy needs to ink across his forehead, "F--- you all. I don't care about nobody but me." That way the women of the world would be protected from his dead heart. It's so obvious, but apparently there are those who refuse to see it.

• Love 1

Why does June keep bringing up that Sugar Bear is cheating and nothing gets said about what she did? They are not even a real couple, so I guess when they agreed to do this for the paycheck he was willing to take the fall. He probably never even cheated and it's pretty disgusting that she gets to play the victim.

• Love 3

So, all it takes to get past someone's death is to pretend they're in a coffin and talk to them?  

These assholes posing as therapists are ridiculous.   There's something very creepy about these "casket exercises".  This is not therapy, it's not reality, it's just a bunch of famewhores being led on by two bigger famewhores.

• Love 4

What a mess.  It is clear to me that the yelling and storming off is part of a personal style that is cool to them.  They are auditioning for another TV gig. 

It was hysterical that June was unmoved by the casket bit and was not about to say anything kind.  They are not on here to get help for their relationship either!   They don't even have one!  They need the money.  

Sean and Katherine talked to Ryan and Trista about their experience and they encouraged them to do it.  They made friends and are still in touch.  I cannot stand Sean, not even a little but I have some sympathy here for both of them! 

I didn't finish the episode but I will continue to watch on FF to see if they press the June and Sugar Bear on the cheating issue.  Oy.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

I've never seen any of these shows, but I'm vaguely aware of the Bachelor and Honey Boo-Boo people. 

I don't understand why Catherine is so insecure.  She and the bachelor immediately dismissed these people as far beneath them.  And I know that he's some born-again virgin and didn't have sex with multiple women like most bachelors, but she met him in a situation in which she had to compete hard for his attention, and apparently won.  I wonder if she was crazy insecure when he was on Dancing with the Stars.  And I find them childish in the way that they constantly refer to each other as my husband and my wife.

• Love 4

This show is hysterical!  How can anyone be jealous of their spouses doing a dance challenge with someone else. **eye roll**  Such silly stuff. .

Hard to imagine how Catherine did with Sean on DWTS??  THAT was a place where he could have fallen for his partner, for sure.  Chris did and it helped him break it off with his fiancee along with the fact he wasn't in love with her in the first place.  LOL! 

Catherine gave one of the women a pair of panties because she wasn't wearing any!  This is just too good.  

Mystery solved.  Sugar Bear actually has some teeth!  Mostly rotting away but some are there.  I wasn't sure. :>)   June was not jealous of him dancing with Catherine because she doesn't love him or seem to care about him much at all.   She is happy about the pay check, though.  HA!  

• Love 2

A little bit of the divorce judge goes a long way.  I don't like the evaluations done by her.  However, they are not much different word wise than those done by the 'directors'. 

So Sundae wants the man to pay all the bills, and pretty much wants him to go away other than that.   Ice wants to have his girls, but his girlfriend can't text guys.  She's willing to stay and be treated the way he treats her. Althea wants to needle Bendizo any way she can, just to watch  his temper blow. He's not much better.  Sugar Bear cheated on a woman who (IIRC) never showed him any affection, a woman who didn't want to commit to a legal marriage, and after Sugar Bear, associated with a pedophile.  Exactly why are Sean and Catherine here?

I did like the rock exercise.  You can't have the rock exercise without something like the boxing match, so I have to like it too (even though I don't want to). 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2

At the risk of sounding like "they all look alike to me," I am having a difficult time telling Cedric and Benzino apart. They are both wearing the same color T-shirt and their hair, height and body weight seem very similar. Also, in this episode, both of their mates had ponytails and white, sleeveless tops, so I kept thinking, "Weren't this couple already in the ring?"

• Love 1

At the risk of sounding like "they all look alike to me," I am having a difficult time telling Cedric and Benzino apart. They are both wearing the same color T-shirt and their hair, height and body weight seem very similar. Also, in this episode, both of their mates had ponytails and white, sleeveless tops, so I kept thinking, "Weren't this couple already in the ring?"

It didn't help that for some reason, they merged their two sessions so it kept flipping back and forth between those two couples during the fight while iirc, all the other couples were shown one at a time. I had to rewind because as I was half-ass watching it, I wondered when in the hell Benzino grew a beard. Was it a trick of the light? Wait, it's gone again... Oh, that wasn't Benzino.

• Love 2

Regarding Sugar Bear and his final confession to June while they were in their room, I have only 1 thing to say!

"That which has been heard cannot be unheard..."   

ROFL     Yuck.... I didn't really need to know the details of his "experimentation", but I understand why June wanted to know exactly what happened.

I can also understand why Althea would be upset about her pregnancy being revealed before she was ready to do so.

Edited by ShowsILoveToHate
  • Love 2

There was all sorts of stories a while back about Mama June running around with a former boyfriend, a guy who had abused her daughter and was just out of prison for sexual abuse of another girl.   He and June were staying at hotels together, and looking at houses that were for sale.  

It's weird that Sugar bear, her not-husband, has to confess to infidelities, but she isn't held to that same standard.

• Love 7

I presume because she has a minor child who could end up in the system if they delved into that. I think she did several episodes of Dr Phil and denied everything, even when confronted by her own (older) daughter. Somebody on this show alluded to her issues with family members, and also referenced really reckless, inappropriate things she had done, but I guess that's as far as they're going to take it.

• Love 2
There was all sorts of stories a while back about Mama June running around with a former boyfriend, a guy who had abused her daughter and was just out of prison for sexual abuse of another girl.   He and June were staying at hotels together, and looking at houses that were for sale. 

It's weird that Sugar bear, her not-husband, has to confess to infidelities, but she isn't held to that same standard.

Straight up: Sugar Bear isn't gay. He doesn't have nude dudes on his phone. He never cheated on her. In fact, they likely hooked up once, produced Honey Boo Boo and faked their "relationship" for the TLC cameras. June controls the media in that family and is desperate to deflect attention from her dating the man who raped her daughter after he was released from prison for that crime. (She is likely still dating him but keeping it under the radar.) And since she controls the media access, she controls the narrative so it's HER who looks like the tragic one in this circumstance. She is a vile, manipulative beast.

Sugar Bear is doing this for the $$$ only. Take a good look at his face. That is a man with zero dignity.

I'm also going to speculate that Sugar Bear reads below his 'grade level'.  I think that is why he was so upset during the bed frame exercise.  He could have built it but he couldn't read the instructions well enough to tell her how to build it. 

If I remember correctly (from the few times I flipped thru channels), these two were not intimate because Mama June didn't want to be, any more than she wanted to go thru the commitment ceremony.  I cannot figure out why men are attracted to Mama June in the first place.

• Love 4

Unless Sundy admits to a dalience with Benzino, I do not believe him. Short, unattractive, loud mouth man claiming conquests that never existed. Didn't he lie on Joseline as well?. Don't get me started on that bs engagement ring that he pretended he was going to give to Karly Redd only to take it away because she asked "are you sure?" Full of crap!

• Love 2

This one was great just for the sight of Chief Female Pontificator trying desperately to assert her author-a-tay.

The image of broken-toothed Sugar Bear heading south on Mama June is something I probably could have gone to my grave without...

• Love 3

The couples confront their traumatic pasta and work to forgive those who hurt them; Sundy reveals a childhood secret; Cedric is devastated; Catherine and Sean start to break down; and Benzino is ambushed.

Inks' childhood trauma is that a 'girlfriend' he had when he was 12 kissed someone else.... and that is why he is the way he is with Sarah?  And no one calls him on his crap?  Meanwhile, Sundae, Benzito, have actual traumas. 

Catherine can't ignore Inks' rude behavior, she calls him on it... and then she expects Sean to become part of the argument.  Is Sean her Dad?  She's an adult, get up and leave the room if she's tired of arguing.  

• Love 3

I'm glad that the backlash is finally starting about the whole "forgiveness" movement.  Not that forgiveness isn't fine and beautiful when it's sincere.  But guilting wounded people into granting it (or saying they grant it, only to continue to harbor ill will later) by telling them that it's the ONLY way they will heal is bullshit.  

Some things can be forgiven.  I don't know what else was going on with Catherine, but kids calling siblings fat or stupid or any number of things do not in and of themselves destroy self esteem.  It may have been emblematic of other family dynamics, but it seemed a bit much to dump all that on sis.  (If sis truly was a monster who made her life a living hell, obviously that's different).  Calling someone fat, even repeatedly, might be the sort of thing you can forgive someone for doing when they themselves were a child.  Especially if 20 years have passed without them still piling on. So maybe with that one, yeah.

You don't have to forgive your molester, people.  Yes, your mental and emotional health will improve if you can find a way to rid yourself of the molester's hold over your psyche.  There are therapies for that that don't involve badgering broken people into throwing rocks and proclaiming them free. 

I don't know if practicing psychology without a license is a crime the way practicing psychiatry without a license would be, but that whole farce was a crime as far as I'm concerned.  

Edited by kassa
  • Love 6

There are laws about calling yourself a therapist or psychologist without having a license.

But these weirdos call themselves relationship coaches, or directors, or trainers. 

This is NOT therapy.   I don't think it's helpful at all.  They're doing exercises which might be helpful to some people, at some stage of actual therapy.  but there is nothing therapeutic about revealing you darkest, deepest secrets to a group of strangers and a TV audience.

I was confused about something.   they show the "coaches" watching the couples in their rooms, on a TV.  The couples do not seem to know, or maybe they forgot, that there are cameras and microphones everywhere.   but in their ROOMS???  that's a bit much.

• Love 4

What happened to the part of the exercise where you hit Jim in the nose with the paddle?  The one time these quacks have a therapeutic technique I agree with (hitting Jim in the nose with a paddle) and they get rid of it.

In conclusion, more hitting Jim in the nose with a paddle, please.

• Love 5

I noticed that Jim stood back much further from those paddles this time. 

David seems fairly competent when he does one-on-one type counseling.  

Ink annoys me.

Let's predict what we think will happen in the finale(I have no inside knowledge, so it's not a spoiler)

Sarah and Ink - split

Sundae and Cedric - no clue

everyone  else stays together

• Love 1

What stupid shit. None of these "exercises" are aimed at HELPING any of these couples. Exposing their weaknesses, humiliating, forcing them to drag out little fights - none of that is making their relationships BETTER.

Then, asking them to relinquish their wedding rings and have a girl's night/ boys night at a club? No.

• Love 1

The only thing I can figure out they are trying to say with the girls/guys night out is comparing it to a bachelor /bachelorette party.  really stupid, but since what they are going for is what they got (drunk Sarah going at Sundae as if she is dessert)....  With the possible exception of Ink and Sarah, these couples are way over the age of needing to partake of drunk behavior at a bar to help them decide that they want to stay married.  

I have yet to figure out who Sugar Bear talks into cheating with him (really, he has no teeth, no money, no nothing).  I still do not believe Mama June with her ' I just wanted closure for my daughter' routine.  Who does that? No Mother worth her salt that I know   She wasn't lying about cheating on Sugar Bear... because they were separated (and not married, anyway) at the time.

I think Catherine has to be the whiniest woman I have seen on these shows in a while.  She basically wants Sean to follow her around, agree with everything she says, and kiss her you know what.  She was mad because Sean joked that he didn't need a million dollars rather than profess his undying love by saying ' I wouldn't cheat on Catherine for a  million dollars'.  He's a guy, they joke.  He was effectively saying he wouldn't cheat on Catherine. 

Meanwhile, Althea wants to drive Benzino mad... and I think HAS accomplished it. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2

Yeah, Catherine's insistence that Sean back her up at all times is unhealthy. We've seen it two separate times. If she gets into an argument with anyone, she gets mad if he doesn't join in. He tries to side-step the argument, because he doesn't feel like arguing. And she thinks he's disloyal. Good Lord, she's exhausting!

Then again , Sean is a sanctimonious prick, so they deserve each other.

If sugar bear really does have other people who want to be with him, why the HELL does he stay with June? Are they even married? I thought there was some big ceremony but she backed out of making it legal, so it wasn't a marriage, just a wedding-like party.

• Love 1

I did like the update, although my DVR cut off before Benzino and Althea's update. However, Google is my friend,and I gather they split up later?

I was surprised that Ink and Sarah stayed together, so that update made me feel I wasn't quite as clueless as I thought. 

I was actually glad to see Sundae and Cedric's update.  Hope it works.

There's nothing to say about Sugar Bear, and Mama June.  Hope the money helped them take care of the kids.  

Sean and Catherine - I hope they enjoyed their money, too.  Next time, go get a real life.  Your 15 minutes of fame is over. 

I think adding Judge whatever her name is to this actually made things worse. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1