Type keyword(s) to search

Marriage Boot Camp - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 5:49 PM, Nowhere said:

I keep hearing that Tanner and Jade from Bachelor in Paradise will be joining Marriage Boot Camp for the next season. They were just married in January I thought but I guess when you're a famewhore you'll do any show that asks.

Yes, and they were just on THIS season of Bachelor in Paradise as the example of a couple who met on the show and have a successful marriage.

So, I guess when you're a famewhore, you can either be happily married,  OR on the brink of divorce, depending on who is paying you.

• Love 1

Amber and Jim, dear lord what famewhores.  They must need the money, too.  Probably can't run the same old cons he allegedly ran previously.  What a little weasel, sorry no offense to actual weasels of the animal kingdom.  Douchebag doesn't even cover it.    

Just saw an ad featuring them, while watching a Law & Order CI show.  I'd rather watch the same L&O shows on loop for a month than watch some of the WE Original programming on now.  All I watch is reruns of old shows on WE.  Anything that was interesting in the way of original programming has turned into badly scripted dramas with Z list personalities, who are footnotes in any tabloid.  They're not even major scandalous "celebs".   

Because my DVR is set to record all new episodes, I treated myself to the "First Look." New Jersey House-Mister Jim is clearly on steroids. Hurray. Just what Mr. Hot Head needs, even less self-control. I don't know any of the other people except, of course, Amber. This season will be interesting. If you define "interesting" as "bat-crap-crazy."

• Love 1

In the eighth-season premiere, a high-profile celebrity-gossip blogger reveals dark secrets about the couples.  Later, drama erupts during divorce court; and an unexpected guest witness surprises the house.

Edited by Drogo
Replaced episode threads with all-eps discussion.

These are celebrities?   I've seen Jade and Tanner on the Bachelor series, but I have never seen any of the other couples.

I disagree with the therapists' basic premise, that "there are no secrets", that opening up in public about your marital issues is important in improving your relationship.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, backformore said:

These are celebrities?   I've seen Jade and Tanner on the Bachelor series, but I have never seen any of the other couples.

I disagree with the therapists' basic premise, that "there are no secrets", that opening up in public about your marital issues is important in improving your relationship.

I recognize Karen and Storm from "Mob Wives" and Margeaux & Nikko from "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta."  I also know Jade and Tanner from BiP.

I don't like the new doctors, either. Dr."Ish" is a terrible nickname. Do these people not know what "ish" means these days? *face-palm*

The only couple I know is Jim and Amber from RHONJ. I didn't love to hate them, though. I just hated them, especially Jim. From the little bit I've seen so far, my opinion of JerkyJim is in no danger of shifting.

I'm glad I watch this kind of show for research purposes. Multiple train wrecks.

• Love 2

I had to laugh when Jim stated he wanted there to be more spice in the bedroom.  His wife is on her second battle with breast cancer.  And when they were on RHONJ there were talks that she wore the strap on in the relationship.  This Jim is sick and deplorable.

• Love 3

That Storm dude is disgusting. Who does he think he is? I never even heard of him. What are these two even doing in a "relationship?" I have to wonder if she just sticks around for the money, if he has any. I wouldn't spend five minutes in the same room with that dirtbag, much less even consider a relationship with him. Ugh. Just evil.

And the girl with the girlfriend AND a husband? Get real. What are these producers trying to pass off on us? I don't believe that triangle for a minute.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 3
On 10/10/2016 at 8:52 AM, backformore said:

I agree. Between couples, there shouldn't be secrets, but opening up in public - please. They just want  an excuse to put all this stuff on TV.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, renatae said:

That Storm dude is disgusting. Who does he think he is? I never even heard of him. What are these two even doing in a "relationship?" I have to wonder if she just sticks around for the money, if he has any. I wouldn't spend five minutes in the same room with that dirtbag, much less even consider a relationship with him. Ugh. Just evil.

And the girl with the girlfriend AND a husband? Get real. What are these producers trying to pass off on us? I don't believe that triangle for a minute.

Between Storm & Karen, I think she's the one with what little money they have.  Karen was on "Mob Wives" & Storm was her boyfriend in the last couple of seasons.  Though considering she was busted in an ecstasy ring before "Mob Wives" was cast, I doubt she has all that much moolah.

• Love 1
On 10/15/2016 at 5:29 AM, renatae said:

I agree and would like to add that Jim is even more disgusting. How can anyone be resentful of a person for having cancer?? He's pissed off because they have medical bills and that fact is what makes him deplorable. Any normal person would just be thankful that their spouse beat the cancer and to hell with the bills. My dad died of cancer and I'd be happy to pay medical bills for the rest of my life just to have him back. Jim is a sorry excuse for a human being. And then he has the nerve to complain about their sex life? Yeah idiot, I'd say your wife hasn't been in the mood lately. Because cancer, you asshole.

It seemed to me that the woman who's husband showed up after a year of not speaking and four years separated, only did so to get on tv. So after a whole year with nary a word, he suddenly shows up to express his love? Yeah right. This whole thing is embarrassingly fake.

Who are any of these people anyway?? The only ones I know of are Jade and Tanner and I thought they were just riding out reality show payday for as long as possible. Turns out Tanner is a fucking douchebag. Trouble in paradise already and he's the problem. I'd like to bitch slap that perma-smirk off his stupid face.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Nowhere said:

agree and would like to add that Jim is even more disgusting. How can anyone be resentful of a person for having cancer?? He's pissed off because they have medical bills and that fact is what makes him deplorable. Any normal person would just be thankful that their spouse beat the cancer and to hell with the bills. My dad died of cancer and I'd be happy to pay medical bills for the rest of my life just to have him back. Jim is a sorry excuse for a human being. And then he has the nerve to complain about their sex life? Yeah idiot, I'd say your wife hasn't been in the mood lately. Because cancer, you asshole.

LOL, "perma-smirk." So many of these reality "stars" wear them that one wonders if they are painted on in makeup. And I do want to smack them off.

You are right about Jim. How did I forget him? When he started on that nonsense about how she could have done things to prevent the cancer, I almost threw something at the TV. What a waste of space.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 1

Enh this show is ok so far.  The only couples I know are Jen & Tanner.  So far the only person I like is Merika.  She seems to really love her girlfriend whose name escapes me, and I really don't understand why because IMO she seems like a piece of crap.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Enh this show is ok so far.  The only couples I know are Jen & Tanner.  So far the only person I like is Merika.  She seems to really love her girlfriend whose name escapes me, and I really don't understand why because IMO she seems like a piece of crap.

Margeaux.

these couples should look up videos of previous seasons.   When a "competition"  is set up, where they coaches/counselors/instigators  try to get you to try to "WIN" , they  really want you to be nice and cooperate.  The swimming pool exercise was stupid, the couples are told to FIGHT DIRTY, and then criticized for doing exactly that.

AND - some people do NOT like jumping into a pool, for whatever reason.  That moving wall that pushes you into the pool?  that would have freaked me out. 

• Love 1

Keke is an ass.  However, when a person is saying to "trained" "counselors" that they are afraid to fall into water because they don't swim it is up to the counselors to address that fear.  Instead they let her partner laugh off her fear and made it into another way in which she was non-compliant with the "therapy".  No  matter who they get as counselors, they always get total hacks. 

I actually liked Amber for a moment; that is, when she called out Jim for his physical stance when speaking at Merika.  He is a douche in oh so many ways.  His aggressive stance was one more instance.  He was asking for a knee to the face. 

• Love 2

The couples participate in a communication drill; and one couple is caught cheating. Later, Margeaux and Keke argue; Nikko and Margeaux rekindle old flames; Merika's jealousy leads to a meltdown; and Jim becomes angry with Amber.

Its really unfortunate that Storm is treating Karen the way he is. I have a strong feeling that once ex-underboss of the Gotti Crime Family Sammy Gravano (Karen's Dad) will put Storm in his place once he's release, that's not going to be pretty at all.

Jim has beat out Storm as the husband I am most likely to kill. What a disgusting pit of egomania. And she is buying it! I can't believe that after he said all that disgusting crap about how she fails to meet his sexual needs and that hookers are better than her, etc. etc., she gets up in front of the camera and says yes, their problems are all her fault!

Worst statement I can ever remember hearing - JIm:  After I sat through all those cancer treatment sessions, this is my reward.

What?? SHE had cancer treatments, you lame-brained excuse for a human. Get out!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, renatae said:

Jim has beat out Storm as the husband I am most likely to kill.

I know! Seeing him standing over her in bed and telling her that whores f#ck him better than she does and that he's going to leave her in 10 years for a 23 year old was so disgusting. The guy is so insulting and abusive it makes me sick. And this guy knows there are cameras in the bedroom and still lays into his wife like that? I hope one of the people running these sessions at least brings up the option of leaving him.  I wonder how early in their dating life he started insulting her and why she's so sure she deserves it? It's very upsetting to watch.

I can't believe I watch this show -- don't know who most of the people are but damn, the two women married to Jim and Storm would be so much better off alone. And the one women, don't know her name, but the on who freaked out because they lost the driving competition... where do these people come from and how do they have committed, adoring mates? 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Merika is still my fav.  She has every right to be angry.

I agree.  especially since she and Margeaux signed up  to be on the show, the producers decided to invite the husband. 

Jim is vile.  He seems to have the attitude that since he stuck by his wife through cancer, he has the upper hand forever.  What a creep.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 1
On 11/6/2016 at 9:08 AM, Dirtybubble said:

Merika is still my fav.  She has every right to be angry.

They're right that Merika has to realize she has a choice in this too, and doesn't just have to wait for Margeaux to make up her mind. Margeaux is such a child - "I do what I want, when I want, how I want, screw the rest of you!" Ah, yes, that's love, Margeaux. Do the opposite just because someone is calling you out. Ugh. Run, Merika. You deserve better.

• Love 3
On 11/6/2016 at 2:31 PM, NeelyOh said:

can't believe I watch this show -- don't know who most of the people are but damn, the two women married to Jim and Storm would be so much better off alone. And the one women, don't know her name, but the on who freaked out because they lost the driving competition... where do these people come from and how do they have committed, adoring mates? 

I can't believe I watch this crapfest, either! it's like being transfixed by a train wreck. I don't know any of these people, either. I'm ashamed.

In another thread, I said I think KeKe, the one so upset that she lost, should link up with Storm, and then we would wind up watching to see which would kill the other one first. They are so much alike.

• Love 2