Type keyword(s) to search

American Horror Story Gets Renewed For A Seventh Installment

• Start Topic

Hey I like it. I was losing faith in the series after the disappointing Coven and Freak Show but the Hotel was awesome and Roanoke is so far intriguing. So yeah....happy that this show continues to get renewed. It is a fun little horror show.

Yes, I agree. They really do need to cast another actress on the level of Jessica Lange in order to gain more public interest. I just don't think Lady Gaga, Angela Bassett or even Kathy Bates are cutting it right now.

• Love 1

I disagree the show doesn't need Jessica Lange back.  By the time she left she was taking up the entire show,  Unless of course she you are looking for the Jessica Lange show with appearances  by Angela Bassett, Kathy Bates and Sarah Paulson.

I much prefer the show now that it is a true ensemble.  Also I loved Roanoke and Hotel and hated Coven and Freak Show.

Edited by Chaos Theory

Weirdly, I loved Asylum, Hotel, and Freakshow but only liked Roanoke.  Coven bored me to tears.  So, I'm not sure it's Jessica Lange who was the one to make or break a series for me.  I think her rendition of the dance number in Asylum and then her David Bowie cover (Spiders from Mars?) in Freakshow were amazing.   

• Love 2

I'd love to see Margo Martindale, Ann Dowd, Cynthia Stevenson, Diana Scarwid, Swoozie Kurtz, Jane Curtin, Jessica Walter, Octavia Spencer, Mary McDonnell, Amy Madigan, Lauren Hutton, Lena Olin, Marcia Gay Harden, Olivia Williams, Alfre Woodard, Kirstie Alley, Blair Brown, Roma Maffia, Melissa Leo, Veronica Cartwright, K Callan, Linda Gray, Linda Hunt, Ally Walker, Madeleine Stowe, Polly Walker, I mean, just put these awesome "actresses of a certain age" on a cruise or something along with Conroy, Bassett, Porter and Bates and make it a scenery chewing bloodbath. 

• Love 1

Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson confirmed for S7. 

S7 to take place in modern times.

They will keep things a mystery again like with S6. I am not thrilled about that. I didn't care for that and hoped it was a one time thing. That's all the info Ryan would give so far.

It's being reported already the show was renewed for a season 8 and 9. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, ShadowHunter said:

They will keep things a mystery again like with S6. I am not thrilled about that. I didn't care for that and hoped it was a one time thing. That's all the info Ryan would give so far.

Ugh. I didn't like the secrecy either. It was more because it felt like Ryan Murphy was mocking the fans. "Bwahaha, look at those suckers clamoring for information, let's feed them tiny teasers and watch them salivate like the dogs they are." All the secrecy did was make me care LESS about what the season would be.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I heard it's a mash up of coven and murder house and some people will be playing multiple characters . 

Those are just the details about the crossover not the theme of Season 7. Ryan has also mentioned seeing Freak show characters again or people who were connected to them. 

20 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

If that's the case then I won't be watching this season. I watch this show to escape from all the political drama that's going on now. 

This! I watch TV as an escape, not to be reminded of all the political drama and stress going on. Not to say current events and important topics can't be covered on TV in ways I find enjoyable, but I seek that out in limited doses. Also, AHS can be so over the top and insane is it really the best place to touch on such a recent event with such real world ramifications?

• Love 1

First I was happy to hear Ryan announced the theme early. People got mad that they were going to keep a secret again so they dropped that.

I am not happy about the theme at all. I heard enough about the election I don't want to deal with it again.  This story should be on the American Crime show Ryan does.

I realize one shouldnt jump to any conclusions and wait to see how it plays out but it's hard to trust Ryan Murphy lol. For all we know he will have Evan Peters play a crazy intern who murders everyone on the campaign trail. Then again that might be fun but still not thrilled.

Edited by ShadowHunter
  • Love 2
On 2/16/2017 at 9:53 AM, ClareWalks said:

This sounds like a joke. But the article is taking it seriously, so....it still really seems like it must be a joke to me. (For those who don't want to click, Ryan Murphy said on Bravo that AHS season 7 will be about the latest presidential election)

I'm pretty sure it was a joke. It seems like the kind of thing Ryan would think is funny.

• Love 3

I think he said it was BASED on, but not a direct dramatization of, the campaign - election. And no Trump, Clinton, etc, characters. But who knows, by the time it airs we may have an impeachment going on, and it might be completely different than envisioned now. Did read today that Billy Eichner will be in it.

• Love 1

I just don't see the connection between the election/politics and horror movies.  Looks to me like show is just trying to cash in on the farce that is American politics right now, for no reason other than to jump on the bandwagon.  If this is what it turns out to be, then the show really has jumped the shark.  Of all the horror movie genres they could have chosen, why politics?

• Love 1

A candidate who's sold his soul to the devil, a candidate who has a terrible secret (he/she is a zombie, vampire, alien, whatever), a candidate haunted (literally) by old sins... these could all work.

I know Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson will be back and there will be some new actors, but does anyone know the status of Denis O'Hare, Angela Bassett, Kathy Bates or Wes Bentley?

(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:58 PM, TudorQueen said:

A candidate who's sold his soul to the devil, a candidate who has a terrible secret (he/she is a zombie, vampire, alien, whatever), a candidate haunted (literally) by old sins... these could all work.

I know Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson will be back and there will be some new actors, but does anyone know the status of Denis O'Hare, Angela Bassett, Kathy Bates or Wes Bentley?

No word on them yet.

Ryan also posted a photo of someone with blue hair the word is that it's Evan Peters.

tumblr_oq4yj7CdXB1vrburio1_500.jpg

Edited by ShadowHunter