Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Mother's Day

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Tyler needs a dictionary. I don't think he knows what 'sympathetic' and 'emphatic' mean. It was nice what he did for Cate for mothers day with the horses, but I feel like a producer thought of that first. I wanted to high-five Cate during dinner when he told her she was eating too much or something. SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP TYLER!

Edited 12 hours ago by WhosThatGirl.

Tyler needs to do a ' Billy Madison ' and repeat every grade . He's very dumb but thinks he's the shit. 

Hey Tyler :  Confucius say ' Less time Facebook , more time book in face '  

or just get a job maybe 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, RamonaSenomar said:

Amber's reaction when Gary asked if they're going to stay, and that he can throw a few extra hot dogs on the grill, was gripping.  Like, in that moment, it really hit her -- and HARD -- that Kristina has with Gary and Leah what she could've had if she weren't such an asshole and instead, the greaseball douchebag she shared a bed with is her eternal damnation.

IMHO, anyway.

yea I kinda felt the same, as if she was imaging a life with Gary instead cooking those hot dogs.

When Cate asked Tyler if he still loved here after she scratched his car, and he said "If I said no you'd pack my bags"... he might have been joking, but there was some truth to it. Tyler loves TM series and all the fan fare, but knows it's because of Cate. So he can't leave her. Odd situation.

• Love 8
Just now, EDTV said:

yea I kinda felt the same, as if she was imaging a life with Gary instead cooking those hot dogs. It was such a kind simple gesture from Gary, and I think that's what Amber wishes she had. instead of trying to mask her unhappiness with new houses and furniture.

When Cate asked Tyler if he still loved here after she scratched his car, and he said "If I said no you'd pack my bags"... he might have been joking, but there was some truth to it. Tyler loves TM series and all the fan fare, but knows it's because of Cate. So he can't leave her. Odd situation.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I really hate seeing how worried Gary is about Leah when she's at Ambers

Leah is 7 ?  I hope Gary will get his weight & health together - if something happens to him , Leah is stuck with Amber. That should scare him enough to get healthy.  Stuck living full time with couch potato & deadbeat grease face sounds horrific ?

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

"Wow! You're really indulging ". Eat a dick Tyler.  And your mother can eat a dick too. Her main purpose was to shame Cate on camera about her smoking weed after rehab. 

I'm not for Cate mixing meds and weed, but fuck Kim for pretending to be some concerned MIL with only Cate's best interest at heart. She's an asshole like her son.

She sure is. If she is going to slam people, she needs to look at her son and tell him off.

At the same time, if Catelynn wasn't fucking around and smoking weed right out of rehab she wouldn't have to hear anyone tell her shit. Cate thinks she is a sly one. She is like all the other people who can't give up their vices. They think they can hide their behavior.

So now we got a peek at Tyler's other vehicle. A truck. They have a mini-van and the Cadillac sedan. What is the fourth vehicle? Can someone tell me why those kind of trucks have four tires in the rear? Wanna bet Cate was under the influence of THC while driving and crunching the truck into that cement block.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, mayvenne said:

Wonderful posts here- I know you all have covered this but I have to join the chorus as I originally intended-

1-All I see are these young people in way nicer houses than what they grew up in- with lovely kitchens and Subway wrappers and Chinese Food Take out containers.  I am all for convenience but not exclusively. ((shameful)).

Kind of reminds me of House Hunters on HGTV when some asshole buyer insists on a gourmet kitchen and you know they're just heating up hot pockets and Marie Calendar.  Seriously, if you need to eat on a budget, making your own pizza is about as cheap as it gets.  It drives me crazy that nobody on this show cooks because it's not like they're busy all day.  Plenty of time to go to the grocery store and cruise Pinterest for recipes.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, MerryMary said:

Kind of reminds me of House Hunters on HGTV when some asshole buyer insists on a gourmet kitchen and you know they're just heating up hot pockets and Marie Calendar.  Seriously, if you need to eat on a budget, making your own pizza is about as cheap as it gets.  It drives me crazy that nobody on this show cooks because it's not like they're busy all day.  Plenty of time to go to the grocery store and cruise Pinterest for recipes.

It could be their age;  maybe they'll get a little bit more "domesticated" when they get a little bit older.

• Love 2

It's also sad because I think of the good meals my mom made growing up and now when I go home she always makes one of my favorites for me.  When I was still living at home I would look forward to certain meals and on special occasions my mom would ask us what we wanted and make it for us.  It's sad that these kids don't have that, a nice meal their mother or father makes for them.  I know people are busy and some families can't cook every single night but it's really insane how often these people order out, especially considering no one works.  That's the number one reason I think people don't feel like cooking.  Because they worked all day and got home late and are exhausted so they just order a pizza. What is everyone's excuse on this show?!

• Love 16

Kim: "Whoo, I'm tired" (after working all day)

Cate: "Me too."

Me: "Bitch, please!" 

Why are you tired? Smoking weed all day? Trying to hump a disinterested Tyler? Cleaning? Cooking? Taking care of Nova? Whatever.

Boring episode.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
30 minutes ago, MerryMary said:

Seriously, if you need to eat on a budget, making your own pizza is about as cheap as it gets.  It drives me crazy that nobody on this show cooks because it's not like they're busy all day.  Plenty of time to go to the grocery store and cruise Pinterest for recipes.

I'm with you, MerryMary.  It makes me scratch my head with wonder how my husband and I can work full-time, pick up our daughters from their after school program, and still manage to coat some chicken breasts with a seasoned bread crumb mixture, bake them in the oven with some roasted potatoes, toss a salad together, and sit down to a family dinner ... night after night.  Like millions of working families out there. 

• Love 18

I felt really bad for Cait when that little bitch Tyler made the crack about her eating. Cait is sitting at the table, eating and minding her own business, and along comes Tyler to ruin her meal. BTW Tyler you are looking a little chunky there yourself. Jerk  !

Amber needs to put a life vest on Leah when in a pontoon boat esp when that fool Matt is driving.  

• Love 21

If this episode doesn't turn it around (I'm tired of saying three more episodes to turn it around...this isn't a slow episode of Breaking Bad, it's reality tv), we are done after this season...

Half of me agrees with you, but the other half wants to stick around just to see Tyler get fat. It's coming already.

• Love 14

If it's true Leah's going to be around one of Matt's grown son's (who like Dad, abandoned his pregnant girlfriend) & is now living with the "Happy Couple," at the new house,  I'll bet the son smokes & drinks, doesn't work, but will gladly take cash from Matt via Amber to go out & find new unsavory friends M/A will also be welcomed into their home, during Leah's visits.  I know Gary doesn't want to "rock the boat," with Amber over custody, but he shouldn't worry about who's hanging around at M/A's while his young daughter is there..............he needs to talk with his attorney, get a through background check done on "Son of Matt & proceed accordingly.

• Love 13

Have to admit I avoided this show for a couple of weeks , but binged watched last night's back-to-back episodes & wondered if all those fast-food wrappers, take-out containers & styrofoam cups seen in these Teen Mom's kitchens means they all skipped Home Ec in high school..or they're just plain lazy? And exactly how do these "girls," plan on taking care of themselves, their kids , maintain their reality tv star lifestyle, those big-ass houses , SUV's & pay their bills once that MTV money runs out?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

So now we got a peek at Tyler's other vehicle. A truck. They have a mini-van and the Cadillac sedan. What is the fourth vehicle? Can someone tell me why those kind of trucks have four tires in the rear? Wanna bet Cate was under the influence of THC while driving and crunching the truck into that cement block.

I'm no expert but I believe the dual wheels allow a truck to carry extra weight.  I've also seen people use them to tow "Fifth Wheel" trailers, which use a connection in the bed of the truck instead of a hitch on the bumper.

• Love 5

I thought I also saw him in a Challenger. 

As far as the truck goes, the dually is used by farmers to tow. So as far as I know I have never seen fucking Tyler hauling cattle (I mean heifers) or horses around. Or towing a travel trailer or hauling hay. So why did he need it? Other than for show and to fit his fat ass head in.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

I thought I also saw him in a Challenger. 

As far as the truck goes, the dually is used by farmers to tow. So as far as I know I have never seen fucking Tyler hauling cattle (I mean heifers) or horses around. Or towing a travel trailer or hauling hay. So why did he need it? Other than for show and to fit his fat ass head in.

Other than his ego needing to be hauled to reunion shows and Comicons, they do have a 5th wheel camper AKA Butch's Guest House.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Other than his ego needing to be hauled to reunion shows and Comicons, they do have a 5th wheel camper AKA Butch's Guest House.

Did anyone see in the bed to see if it had the thing back there for the fifth wheel hitch? 

And even if it does it isn't like Butch is going on a joy ride and taking his fifth wheel with him and going sight seeing like my grandparents did with their travel trailer (Not a fifth wheel). 

To me having a dually and not using it for the purpose it is needed for is a waste of money and gas. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Butch is bringing it in this one. Compassionate? Empathy?

My son: wouldn't it have been funny if that jogger had said, "Hey, aren't you the son of the beep from Teen Mom?'"

My DS is 9 and even HE has Matt's number.

ETA: 20 minutes later--"Sometimes these people disgust me."

My DS is more entertaining to me than the show.

@mamadrama, my fondest wish is to watch TM with you and your son! I used to watch all this trashy stuff with my son when he was a teen, and he had the greatest insights. (we still watch together sometimes, and he's just as whip smart and funny, but he's 22 now and has a very busy life!)

6 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

That's it, TMOG, we're through. I'm giving you whatever you have left on this season, then I expect you to pack your shit and get the fuck out of my life.

I'm tired of trying to figure out exactly why you're still showing Maci, but it feels like so I swear to never, ever grow a beard, so my mouth doesn't look like Bigfoot's asshole.

I feel like true character was revealed when Tyler proclaimed his intentions "noble," I mean who refers to themselves as having "noble" intentions? And TAKE OFF THAT FUCKING HAT. I don't know what internet minion supports that, but stop drawing attention to your tiny head. Why does he have that truck? I swear, did none of these people think to themselves "Maybe I should ask a professional what to do with this money?...ah, fuck it, I"m getting a totally impractical dual axle truck for my business of hauling my ego around!" His mom is every bit as phony as he is, too. And I couldn't agree more: "She has to be responsible for her, I have to be responsible for me" is not how being married works. If your partner is struggling, you have to be there to support. If she got some terrible disease, is your response "Wow, not my problem, bring yourself to the hospital"?

I'm saddened watching those white trash dummies on a rented pontoon, I feel like Matt was definitely scoping out where a body would be less likely to surface. I love that their new fancy digs already smell like dog shit and piss. How often does a dog have to take a shit in your house for you to be able to identify, by smell, one of their "loads"? And dickwad, PUT YOUR MOTHERFUCKING DOG ON A LEASH. You're not on the farm anymore, townie. If there's sidewalks and people jogging, you can't let your rottweiler / doberman whatever off leash in the front yard to piss if he "likes joggers." Be considerate, you fucking douche. I know his heart fluttered when that girl asked him "are you from Teen Mom?" And there's no way he hasn't used dogs to get a woman talking to him. He is already like 16% of the way toward thinking "I'm going to fuck this broad" by the time that conversation was over. 

And I'm furious with you, TMOG, for enabling the monster that IS Farrah. I can't take these manufactured "I'm taking a birthday weekend with Flufferfoofoonumnum in Miami, because I know she misses it, we used to live there." First off, no you didn't, you lived in Fort Lauderdale. Second of all, no one's ever mentioned Florida, and Sofia's had like six minutes of total screentime and her twelve lines consist of striking disappointment and red flags for behavior and neglect. And why would you wear that dress to a restaurant? She looked so fucking gross, and she's with her mom! I can't imagine my daughter trying to dress like that to go out with my wife! And her talking about how much she accomplished, after revealing that she wasn't going to be able to accomplish her dream of...what was it? Was it selling plastic copies of her pussy and asshole for creeps to fuck? Because mazel tov, you did it, girl!! High five mom! I loved "I just wanted to live my life the way I wanted to, with nothing standing in my way!" she says completely unironically, as the thing that stands in EVERY ADULT"S WAY of doing whatever we want sat right next to her. "Wub you goopieblubiemunchiemoo!" 

Go fuck yourself, TMOG. You're the scag we use to get through the dry spells before the good stuff gets back in town. TM2 forever. 

I cosign every word of this post.

5 hours ago, poopchute said:

Posters here have suggested that they don't know how to use an oven because their parents never did.  I just don't think it's very hard to turn it on, set it to 350, and then place the items inside of it. Is that really a skill you have to hone over years watching someone else do it?

I couldn't cook when I got married, but I could scramble eggs, make a salad, bake a cake. I bought a cookbook and taught myself because I wanted to have dinner parties! Cooking isn't hard! (I now have dozens of cookbooks and bake my own bread! none of this is hard!)

5 hours ago, imjagain said:

Maci named that child Maverick.  Poor thing. I see his middle name is Reed,  maybe he'll decide to be called Reed. 

Maverick. Dear God. I remember reading Papa John Phillips' book--his oldest son is named Tamerlane. One day, a teenage Tamerlane came to him and said "Dad, from now on, I want to be called Mike". Maybe Maverick will go to Maci someday and say "from now on, call me Steve". He'll probably be one of three Mavericks in his kindergarten class.

She sure is. If she is going to slam people, she needs to look at her son and tell him off.

At the same time, if Catelynn wasn't fucking around and smoking weed right out of rehab she wouldn't have to hear anyone tell her shit. Cate thinks she is a sly one. She is like all the other people who can't give up their vices. They think they can hide their behavior.

These kids! They have money and opportunity, and they squander it on cars and take out! I was musing idly this morning about what I'd do if I had that money and didn't have to work--I love going to the theater, but a couple of tickets costs a week's pay so its a luxury for me. I'd go to every show I could! Or don't these guys like any music? Concerts? Sporting events? Season tickets to their favorite team? I'd get a trainer and work out (I hate exercise but I'd take advantage of having money and time to get healthier!), I'd go to a luxury spa for a week twice a year, (I went to one once, it was a high point of my LIFE), go to New York for weekends for shows and museums, and Paris and London for fun. None of these feebs know how to cook, why not take a cooking class? Every town has a caterer or local chef who teaches classes for the home cook. I'd be out every weekend hitting the yard sales and flea markets, looking for stuff to re-finish or re-purpose. I'd be decorating my place and making it cozy and inviting. Forget going to school! If not for the purpose of preparing for a job someday, go to enrich themselves! Gah. But no, go buy another car, buy a bag of weed, buy another dog. So limited, so lacking in imagination. Once the show is off the air they'll all be back in the trailer park, living a hardscrabble life, trying to get on Celebrity Family Feud or some shit. But the next reality TV stop for Cate and Tyler is Intervention, I think. So sad.

21 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Exhibit #35894 that Gary is a good father:  When he caught himself talking about how much he misses Leah in front of his other daughter, he let the toddler know that he loves her too.  Very sweet.  Who would have guessed that given what we saw in the 16&P episode, that Gary would have turned out well.

Gary is the only one who seems to be a normal person! He's like any guy you see at the hardware store or in line at the bank in your town.

Amber looked so pretty on the boat ride. She can really rock a pair of shades.

If Matt had come up behind me with a dog off the leash he would have gotten an earful. What an asshole.

• Love 14

I knew a Maverick growing up.  He was older and I always thought he had a weird name.   The baby could go by Rick, but probably Mav.  Bentley is Benny so maybe he will be Mavvy.  Lol

It was sweet to see Gary missing his girl, and the reassuring the baby.   What is the babies name? Have we ever seen Gary thin? Is he attractive? I was wondering as I was watching.  

Farrah,her eyelashes are ridiculously thick on top. 

You other commenters had me cracking up! Love the comments.  

And Tyler, get rid of that stupid Duckie hat!

• Love 5

@Pepper Mostly Amber did look great with those sunglasses.  Aviator sunglasses imo are the best sunglasses. Speaking of shades, oh Debra what the hell was she wearing on her face. Those glasses were so damn ugly!  Hee!  I had to laugh at Farrah getting pissed at Debra for talking about beautiful beaches.  Farrah is a beast. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Frootloop Dingus said:

It was sweet to see Gary missing his girl, and the reassuring the baby.   What is the babies name? Have we ever seen Gary thin? Is he attractive? I was wondering as I was watching.  

The baby's name is Emilee, and I can never see her without squee-ing and wishing loudly to squish her adorable little face. She is the cutest!

• Love 6

@PepperMostly - IMO, their spending choices reflect their lack of education and exposure to culture. Lower income families, and families that do not value education, both do not tend to do things like take their kids to museums, or to the library to read books about history or other countries, or to cultural events, or on trips to places like National Parks, or other interesting places.   I'm not saying this as a dig at such people- but these tend to be the habits of people who are in lower socioeconomic classes. For some it is more of a factor of lack of financial resources, for others it is due to lower intellectual functioning and/or not valuing education, and for many its a mix of both.

Some people who grow up in such an environment find an inner drive to pull away from it, and expand their horizons as they get older. But many do not.   If you add mental health problems, and traumatic childhood experiences, its going to make it even harder. I think Cate and Amber exemplify this the most.  Maci had a stable family environment and it seems her family is not struggling financially (although not wealthy). Farrah had a very dysfunctional family, but they had financial resources. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Frootloop Dingus said:

I knew a Maverick growing up.  He was older and I always thought he had a weird name.   The baby could go by Rick, but probably Mav.  Bentley is Benny so maybe he will be Mavvy.  Lol

You other commenters had me cracking up! Love the comments.  

And Tyler, get rid of that stupid Duckie hat!

Her name is Emilee Grace. Not sure if I spelled it correctly.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Frootloop Dingus said:

Every time she blinked I was afraid she wouldn't be able to lift them back up. 

2 hours ago, teapot said:

It could be their age;  maybe they'll get a little bit more "domesticated" when they get a little bit older.

How much older, though? Aren't these girls all roughly 23-25? I moved out at 18 and couldn't cook my way out of a paper bag. But I kept trying more and more as I got older. The more you try, the more confidence you get. By 23 I could do most of the basics. By 26, when I moved in with my now husband, I was pretty darn good. I mean, I'm still no 5 star chef, but I can put together many different balanced meals. These girls have been parents long enough, they should have figured it out by now. 

I remember seeing Maci stirring stuff on a stove a few times when Bentley was much younger. Maybe as they've earned more money, they've become even more lazy. Maybe production likes for them to get takeout, so they don't have to wait to film while people are cooking? 

• Love 2

Hopefully, next time Matt & dog try getting friendly with "Cute Jogger," she'll be running along with a good-looking  muscle-bound guy, she introduces as her husband who works as a guard at the nearby county/state prison.  That's great Karma!

• Love 7
Just now, ChristmasJones said:

@PepperMostly - IMO, their spending choices reflect their lack of education and exposure to culture. Lower income families, and families that do not value education, both do not tend to do things like take their kids to museums, or to the library to read books about history or other countries, or to cultural events, or on trips to places like National Parks, or other interesting places.   I'm not saying this as a dig at such people- but these tend to be the habits of people who are in lower socioeconomic classes. For some it is more of a factor of lack of financial resources, for others it is due to lower intellectual functioning and/or not valuing education, and for many its a mix of both.

Some people who grow up in such an environment find an inner drive to pull away from it, and expand their horizons as they get older. But many do not.   If you add mental health problems, and traumatic childhood experiences, its going to make it even harder. I think Cate and Amber exemplify this the most.  Maci had a stable family environment and it seems her family is not struggling financially (although not wealthy). Farrah had a very dysfunctional family, but they had financial resources. 

Sigh. I know. That just makes it even more sad. I know they didn't have education or exposure to culture, but isn't there something they like? Sporting events? Music? Most young 'uns like to go to concerts/clubs/standup comedy performances. Jesus, Nascar? I know its an issue of socialization and expectations, but since they have been handed huge paychecks for no effort (other than doing something ill judged when young!), you'd think someone would spread her wings a little. I know its complicated and that there are a lot of factors, but it just seems amazing to me that not one of these idiots thinks "wow, I've always wanted to.....(fill in the blank) and now I can!" Go skydiving, learn to pilot a plane, plant trees, do volunteer work. Its just so depressing.

• Love 9

To play Devil's Advocate....  Perhaps we see them eating take-out when the crew is filming because craft services for the 'talent' is included in their contract?  It's pretty standard.  The PAs will run out to get them whatever they want and it's paid for by production.  To quote Matt, "We've earned this."

That said, they're lazy fucks though who most likely eat take-out every day especially when it's on MTV's dime.

I pray that Gary makes his health a top priority.  

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 14
20 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The baby's name is Emilee, and I can never see her without squee-ing and wishing loudly to squish her adorable little face. She is the cutest!

She's is adorable! 

The child I don't really care about is jayde(that sounds mean).  I just mean I never considered her cute or ugly just never thought of  her much,  until this episode.  She was so cute with her chubby little thighs I just wanted squeeze her lol. 

Of course I think spindly(lol) Nova is adorable.  

When I saw Nova described as spindly I cracked up. Too funny. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4

Not disagreeing with you Pepper.... but I think we should not be at all surprised about where Cate and Tyler are right now. They both showed a great lack of motivation for school since the very beginning. Then you add in a highly dysfunctional, traumatic environment, no role models, and now they have a bunch of easy money put in their banks accounts. They can buy drugs (as role modeled by both their parents). Cate has mental health problems.   It would be more shocking if they did diverge dramatically from the life trajectory they have been on. It should not surprise us at all to see how they are now.

But I think we are not surprised, just sad. Because most of us are older than them, and we can appreciate how that kind of money could have been used to change their lives completely. It could buy really good therapy, gym memberships, life coaches, tuition for college (without having to worry about money while attending school).  Cate could have completely changed her family pattern and Nova could have grown up with a totally different life than Cate did.  So its sad to watch.

There was a great documentary on PBS recently that followed two young African American men who grew up in the South side of Chicago and then find a way to go to college, ... you can watch it here - it exemplifies what we're talking about... its a very moving film:  http://www.pbs.org/pov/allthedifference/video/all-the-difference/

• Love 12

@ChristmasJones thanks for the link! I don't know if I'll be able to bear it--every time I see something like that I get so mad and upset. The world is such an unfair and terrible place sometimes.

Cate and Tyler are turning into April and Butch right before our eyes, and it is tragic. They were so sure they were going to be different. And you just know their whole lowlife family is lurking around, treating them like living ATM's. It makes my skin crawl.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Pherber said:

Did anyone else laugh at the absurdity of it all whenever Amber asked Matt how she could be an inspiration (to her fans) if she gains her weight back?  

OMG. I couldn't believe my ear and had to rewind. Who the bloody hell does she think her lazy, depressed, do nothing all day, clinging to a loser ass is inspiring. Crackheads and heroin addicts? Girls behind bars? She's a mess, and I, too, hope that Gary loses weight soon so he can be healthy and around for Leah. He also needs to charge her phone before he sends her off.

Someone needs to have a harsh conversation with Caitlyn because she is a fucking mess. She was savoring that food like a girl with the munchies. She also needs to lose weight so she doesn't get diabetes or some other health disorder, and be an example for her child. The girl has just given up completely. I'm not asking for her to be model-thin, but she used to take much better care of herself. She at least used to care about her hair and get lt cut into different styles. Now it's just thrown into a mess in the back of her head.

Tyler does need to shut up, though, because he's no prize and as others have noted, he's putting on some pounds, too.

What the hell happened to Debra's lips? She needs to visit Dr. Dubrow next time they visit California. Interesting how Farrah didn't act like her bitchy self when Michael and his girlfriend were asking about Simon. Plus the girlfriend looks like she already told Farrah she won't tolerate her disrespectful behavior. Say what you will about the crazy girl, she works and does things other than sit around on the floor being a blob. Cait and Amber are the exact opposite.

Maci also appears to be a decent mother, although I fast forward through most of her scenes. She's trying to play us, though. How do you from having no idea your ass is knocked up to having to be induced because you're overdue. Have three kids--no one said that except you, you dozy cow.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ClassyCourtHeels said:

I wonder if Farrah is going to make Sofia pay her back for the Mother's Day gifts?

Well you know she's got all that sweet sweet Tooth Fairy money. So she should be able to afford it. 

12 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

To play Devil's Advocate....  Perhaps we see them eating take-out when the crew is filming because craft services for the 'talent' is included in their contract?  It's pretty standard.  The PAs will run out to get them whatever they want and it's paid for by production.  To quote Matt, "We've earned this."

That said, they're lazy fucks though who most likely eat take-out every day especially when it's on MTV's dime.

I was thinking the same thing. I think the ubiquitous take out and Starbucks are brought/paid for by the production. I always used to wonder how we're seeing these people leave their house in the morning with a huge iced coffee or sitting around in their pajamas with a venti cup. 

I honestly don't mind Maci's family eating take-out occasionally. I know growing up there were a day or two a week that were very activity heavy for my sister and I and we typically did some form of take-out or left overs or quick meal those nights. They've mentioned that Bentley has some form of sport activity every night but Wednesday. Couple that with production probably saying "hey we can get take-out since we're feeding the crew, we'd rather not film your back while you cook" and I think it's fine. What I think makes a difference is they are all sitting at the table and engaging with each other and their child(ren) Unlike Cate and Tyler who have no other obligations/schedule and let their child play in the toilet (for all we know) while they eat their take-out and talk at each other.

Speaking of Maci... how wonky is the timeline?? Jayde's birthday is May 30th right? And Maverick was born May 31st? This week it was Mother's Day (May 8th) and Maci said the doctor said she could go any day. But last week they said it was two weeks before Jayde's birthday, so... the 15th? And they were celebrating her birthday early because baby could come at any time. And then she has a voice over saying the doctor said they'd induce the next day. Wasn't the 31st always Maverick's due date? They tried to make it seem like this was weeks later and he was late. I feel like they filmed her for a weekend and then split it into two shows but flip flopped them to fit with the other moms' timelines of Mother's Day this week and late April last week. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

@ChristmasJones thanks for the link! I don't know if I'll be able to bear it--every time I see something like that I get so mad and upset. The world is such an unfair and terrible place sometimes.

I'm not going to spoil the film for anyone, but I think you will find the film inspiring rather than depressing. Through the stories of these two boys, it shows the ways that a person can struggle to overcome the effects of their childhood and environment.

• Love 3

Not one of these people ever seems to be enjoying him or herself, each other's company, or life. Amber bitches and complains the whole boat ride. Jesus girl, sit there and enjoy the nice day! I know you're missing your soul mate, your sofa, but try and buck up. Farrah can't even agree that Miami has beautiful beaches, she has to bite her mother's head off. Macy and Taylor are so boring, what do they talk about? Never mind, I know. Beer. Cate and Tyler...oy. So toxic, so dysfunctional, its actually painful.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, poopchute said:

It's also sad because I think of the good meals my mom made growing up and now when I go home she always makes one of my favorites for me.  When I was still living at home I would look forward to certain meals and on special occasions my mom would ask us what we wanted and make it for us.  It's sad that these kids don't have that, a nice meal their mother or father makes for them.  I know people are busy and some families can't cook every single night but it's really insane how often these people order out, especially considering no one works.  That's the number one reason I think people don't feel like cooking.  Because they worked all day and got home late and are exhausted so they just order a pizza. What is everyone's excuse on this show?!

It is so easy to put together a simple healthy meal for kids.  Kids like baked chicken with peas and rice.  Simple yet healthy.  My mom worked so she made a nice Sunday meal that we ate again on Monday and she, while cooking the nice Sunday meal, was making extra meat or veggies and freezing it for the week.  Thursday was pizza day!  The only day we could have pop.  We went out to restaurants but never, ever fast food.

22 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

This makes sense.

33 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

Which is exactly opposite of lower income families of the past.  The national parks took off BECAUSE it was free to everyone so even poorer families could enjoy a day out or camping.  Libraries are free and most include, downloadables, gaming, movies, music and magazines.  So not going to one is crazy.  In Michigan you can use your library card to get into parks, museums and other attractions for free.

• Love 6