Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Caila is just not a good dancer to me. Everything she does has a labored feel to it. Not sure if this is a new thing or if I just didn't notice it before. Jenna, Holly, Madeline all look good to me in that video. I barely even watched Hunter.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Caila is just not a good dancer to me. Everything she does has a labored feel to it. Not sure if this is a new thing or if I just didn't notice it before. Jenna, Holly, Madeline all look good to me in that video. I barely even watched Hunter.

I think we all just didn't notice it before. I hadn't noticed it until she started posting videos at Michelle's classes.

I personally have never loved Caila's dancing. She obviously CAN dance (much better than I ever could), but when she's next to girls like the ones in the video above there's just no comparison. I remember when Caila came back for her second season and a lot of people talked so much about how great she was, I always felt like I was missing something. So yeah, I'd say she's competent, but not a standout. I generally am not a Jenna fan, but I tried to watch the video with my eyes on Caila the whole time and they kept unintentionally shifting to Jenna.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, California Girl said:

This is the dance style Hunter should be striving for, and like Kelli P. it may take her several auditions to get there.  And btw Kelli P. is looking younger these days.

I like Kelli, she is awesome

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Labored is a good word for it, something about her movements seems so heavy.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 3

I agree, Jenna is a standout in that video and in most dances. She has always done a good job of being sharp and clean but fluid at the same time. She also always has a pretty smile and flirty (but not over the top) expressions.

I think all the girls look good there. They are all fun to watch to me.

• Love 4

Jenna way past annoys me, but she's far better than Holly in that video. Holly is a smidge behind and just not as smooth as Jenna. I hate that Jenna comes off as so vapid and thirsty now, because she really may have more musicality and performance skill than anyone else on the team. Erica and Holly may be slightly more technical, but Jenna just flows so naturally. Holly looks like she's trying to put 'her' stamp on so many things, instead of just doing the dance.

Madeline improved a lot, but still doesn't do anything for me. She looks like a kid and I don't think she's this amazing dancer. Very good, yes. Better than me, absolutely 100%.  I honestly think we're just not used to seeing a meek little LDS girl hit hop hop as hard as she does, so she gets more of a novelty 'WOW' factor.

Caila - i watched her more than anyone after Jenna. I think she's doing great there. Can't even see the blond behind Holly, so who knows.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Jenna way past annoys me, but she's far better than Holly in that video. Holly is a smidge behind and just not as smooth as Jenna. I hate that Jenna comes off as so vapid and thirsty now, because she really may have more musicality and performance skill than anyone else on the team. Erica and Holly may be slightly more technical, but Jenna just flows so naturally. Holly looks like she's trying to put 'her' stamp on so many things, instead of just doing the dance.

Madeline improved a lot, but still doesn't do anything for me. She looks like a kid and I don't think she's this amazing dancer. Very good, yes. Better than me, absolutely 100%.  I honestly think we're just not used to seeing a meek little LDS girl hit hop hop as hard as she does, so she gets more of a novelty 'WOW' factor.

Caila - i watched her more than anyone after Jenna. I think she's doing great there. Can't even see the blond behind Holly, so who knows.

Second everything said here. Jenna is better here than Holly which is crazy since Holly choreographed this. Holly here comes off more of a performer than teacher. Oh well.

Then there is Hunter.  Cute girl. I wonder if she changed her mind and will to try out for DCC again. I said it last year and I'll say it again.  She does not have the DCC style. Nor the technique. I remember last year some friends of hers came here stating that Hunter could outdance all DCCs. Then she didn't even make training camp. Granted she blew her interview in a really big way but last year's training camp was a hard one to survive. I still think Kyndall, Amy S., and Sheridan could have made the squad. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

As I watched it I thought Jenna was as midge ahead as Holly choreographed it and was likely on beat. Interesting.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

As I watched it I thought Jenna was as midge ahead as Holly choreographed it and was likely on beat. Interesting.

I actually thought Jenna was ahead and Holly was in time too, but it's so slight it's honestly hard to tell.

• Love 1

I don't think Caila will audition for the DCC again, maybe some other team this year, but I don't think she could make the DCC again. I think she is beautiful and has a great body, but I think she hasn't changed since she got cut. She is definitly not fat and she has grown into her body and looks great the way she is, but we all know what they expect from girls who try out again after getting cut and Caila just hasn't improved her body or her dancing enough to really stand a chance I believe. I don't watch a lot of her dancing, but maybe she could try out for the DMD instead if she wants to return to a pro team, I don't know if she does though, she seems quite happy...

• Love 1
8 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

You guys may be right. If Holly is on beat, then Jenna, Caila and Maddie are all synced together and slightly too fast. I can't tell what the blond behind Holly is doing.

I thought the same as you regarding Holly being a tad bit behind in some sections of the choreo, but I didn't read the caption to know that Holly choreographed it lol. 

• Love 1

Jenna really rocked it in that clip, didn't she. Holly seemed a bit distracted, like she was phoning it in, which seems unusual for her. Hunter and Caila were "pastel". 

• Love 1

The current discussion in the Former DCC Threads reminds me of something I have long thought.  If Kelli and Judy get even a whiff of a suggestion that a DCC is living the party life, then she will either be cut at auditions or quietly and kindly advised that she should move on next year.  You rarely or never see a photo of a current DCC out partying, unless it involves a tame birthday or wedding shower with fellow DCC, close friends, or family.  I do not think that I have ever seen a photo of Jinelle partying for example, nor of Jenna.  It is one of the reasons I thought TCC Emily might not have made the team.

lol i think holly is trying to purposely tone it down in some of those clips to let the other girls shine.  i know that is blasphemy here where everyone is convinced she is 100% showboater/100% of the time but honestly, that is my thought.  she killed the choreo in just a vid of her doing it but when she's with the others she just seems to be marking it more and letting the others do it full out (kind of how Michelle Keys is...in the clips where she intros what she'll be teaching she's all out but usually when she does it later with a group she is more low key).  

I know i'm prob alone in this LOL but just my thought.  i really love the choreo...i hate that song but i want to go buy it and learn the moves hahaha  wonder if Jenn K will be well enough to teach next week? 

• Love 6

It is nice that you noted that about Holly, and it is probably the case as she is teaching the choreography more than performing it.  Jenn K. had an appendectomy and that is major surgery, so she may be there next week to direct, but I doubt she will be able to demonstrate much.

• Love 1

Holly is a ham, but i honestly think she has the skill set to back it up! I also know a couple of Mutual friends of her and several of my friends went to U of A with Allie Droste and they both are kept in high regards! they are always referred to as sweet and humble.  

I know talking about Caila should be either in former or spoilers/speculation, but I don't think she is finished, I honestly want her to return to auditions and have her make it as the year's comeback girl!  She is still close with the team,  and I have seen improvement! (Keep her away from Melissa though)

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:20 AM, LaurenBrook said:

Usually Maddie and Holly are my faves to watch but Jenna is actually the one I can't stop watching here!! Even in the other girls' vids she grabs my attention...this choreo is just so perfect for her and her sass! Love it! 

Jenna looks great ... not a big fan of Maddies (dance wise) ... Caila did melt into the background (surprisingly) - outfit also doesn't help with her figure.  I don't think she's coming back :(

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Jenna looks great ... not a big fan of Maddies (dance wise) ... Caila did melt into the background (surprisingly) - outfit also doesn't help with her figure.  I don't think she's coming back :(

Agree. Carla still looks like she has a bit of alcohol bloat. You know, like the really pretty girl who kind of piles on weight in college but then immediately sheds it the minute she stops partying? Her skills  are there, but she reminds of what Kelli & Judy said during her cut year: there's just a heaviness about her. Fine for 95% of other teams, but not DCC. Still beautiful but I think she's one who will get better with age if that makes sense. ?

• Love 1

I wonder if Holly was a last minute change. I am really surprised only Jenna and Maddie came from the DCC squad. I think about 10 members showed up when Maddie taught her class. I wonder if there is anything to read into this....maybe?...maybe not? 

• Love 1

It does look like Michelle only announced Holly would be teaching the day before the class.

(sigh) Holly's headshot makes me sad. She can be so fresh and pretty, and this makes her look ...what's the word I'm searching for?...Hard. Jaded. Stiff. Overdone. That makeup is just too much.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TiaGrace said:

I wonder if Holly was a last minute change. I am really surprised only Jenna and Maddie came from the DCC squad. I think about 10 members showed up when Maddie taught her class. I wonder if there is anything to read into this....maybe?...maybe not? 

I don't think it's worth trying to read into. It's a dance class. I doubt Holly or anyone cares how many of their teammates show up. These ladies have lives and are nearing auditions and have way too much on their plates I'm sure. 

I try not to "read into" a lot of things (as long as it's not blatantly obvious). Comments like that can be taken out of hand sometimes.   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

(sigh) Holly's headshot makes me sad. She can be so fresh and pretty, and this makes her look ...what's the word I'm searching for?...Hard. Jaded. Stiff. Overdone. That makeup is just too much.

Agree that Holly's makeup is waaaay too much.  Not only does it age her (she can pass for late 30's in that head shot), but it has a drag queenish feel.  It's the ongoing dilemma of Holly's look for me;  too old & too hard.  I much prefer a fresh face!

• Love 3
On 4/13/2017 at 11:49 AM, California Girl said:

This is the dance style Hunter should be striving for, and like Kelli P. it may take her several auditions to get there.  And btw Kelli P. is looking younger these days.

Kelli is a great dancer, but I HATE Stephanie D's choreography. Step touch step touch...so basic. Ugh.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DanceChick said:

Kelli is a great dancer, but I HATE Stephanie D's choreography. Step touch step touch...so basic. Ugh.

I'm not mad at Kelli LOL, but I hate that choreography, song, basically everything about it. Not her fault the whole thing is awful. She's doing about the best anybody could do with all that mess.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I'm not mad at Kelli LOL, but I hate that choreography, song, basically everything about it. Not her fault the whole thing is awful. She's doing about the best anybody could do with all that mess.

Stephanie and MK's choreo gets kind of boring lately, but I love the routines they've done for DCC. I think it's just the style. So many people in the studio try to dance hard instead of adding any kind of personal style to it. It just turns dancers into cookie-cutter robots. That's the one thing I'll say about Holly/Kashara and a few others - it's never a snoozefest when they're dancing, even if it may be over the top sometimes. 

• Love 1

I personally hate arm flapping hip hop! Which is the dallas style I guess, but it's not the kind of hip hop dancing you see in Chicago, or ATL.  All these power hip hop choreographers, Mia, Michelle, stephanieD, it comes across to me as very competition hip hop that you would see at Talent on Parade, Showbiz, or any of the other millions of competitions that over take the south! 

• Love 3
On 4/13/2017 at 0:28 PM, mcmrdh said:

I really like Jenna in this video, however I always find Hunter hard to watch. I am not sure if it is the hard basketball style that she has or not, I just find her moves to be so over exaggerated.

Wow, I went back and watched it again, because I didn't notice her the first time. That is *crazy* how she over exaggerates everything. I would think she would try harder to blend in/match with the current girls, so she knows what she needs to do if she is auditioning again. 

• Love 2

I've never really felt one way or another about Jenn, but this tickled me. I love that she's giving a heads-up that this is kind of a big deal, and you'll look like a massive fool if you get asked about it during an interview and don't have a clue.

• Love 9

I love MK's choreography, and that girl can dance (I've danced with her--she's by far the best in the room). I don't feel the same about Stephanie D. I've never liked any of the stuff she's done for DCC, especially that Red Wagon one. Gah, I cringed the whole time, especially when she performed it and was "intimidated" or whatever. She's so odd to me lol!

• Love 3

Saw a few cute pictures (via Facebook) of Yuko spending Easter at Natalie Woods' house with her family/friends. She looked more relaxed than I saw her during training camp (as is to be expected). 

• Love 1

I loved Holly's choreography, it seemed like something Michelle would probably do but she added her own flare to it.

On 4/16/2017 at 1:30 PM, DanceChick said:

I love MK's choreography, and that girl can dance (I've danced with her--she's by far the best in the room). I don't feel the same about Stephanie D. I've never liked any of the stuff she's done for DCC, especially that Red Wagon one. Gah, I cringed the whole time, especially when she performed it and was "intimidated" or whatever. She's so odd to me lol!

It just goes to show that dance is in the eye of the beholder, and opinions can vary so much.  I like MK's choreography, but I think that Stephanie D's choreography as performed by DCC Kelli above, and by the Kilgore Rangerette and Miami Dolphins Cheerleader who intend to audition on the Tryouts and Training Camp thread is so cute and fun (probably not words I should use to describe choreography, I know).  

So happy for Megan. Unfortunately her great dance abilities were overshadowed by the organization's issues with her weight. If things had worked out differently she would be a lock for group leader and front line of the triangle feature. 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, GeauxHogs said:

I am so happy for Megan!  What a great way to merge her talent, dreams, and experience into the beginnings of a career.  I know that she is originally from southern California, and I would love to see her eventually make her way back out here as (aim higher!) the Choreographer or Director for the San Diego Chargers or Los Angeles Rams Cheerleaders.  

• Love 10
7 hours ago, California Girl said:

I am so happy for Megan!  What a great way to merge her talent, dreams, and experience into the beginnings of a career.  I know that she is originally from southern California, and I would love to see her eventually make her way back out here as (aim higher!) the Choreographer or Director for the San Diego Chargers or Los Angeles Rams Cheerleaders.  

Aren't the SD Chargers moving to Las Vegas? Or is it a different team?

I feel like this is a much better opportunity for Megan. She can put this on her resume and eventually maybe she'll be a coach of a NFL team.

2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Aren't the SD Chargers moving to Las Vegas? Or is it a different team?

That would be the Raiders right now

1 hour ago, Oklahomama said:

Has it ever really been confirmed that the DCC organization had an issue with her weight or was that just the board's speculation?

There was an insider who said Kitty and written something down about Megan's weight and that she was on probation during Oxnard Training camp performance. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Wow!! GO Megan!! that is awesome! She looks gorgeous in that pic.  Good for her!! 

In the real world Megan is a stunning woman with a terrific figure. Unfortunately,  we are discussing the world of the DCC.  IMO - many exceptions were made for Megan which seems rather unfair.  Beginning with auditions & that blouse thingy she wore, Megan was obviously attempting to hide her weight gain.  Can anyone honestly image any other woman wearing that baggy, floral mess & NOT getting mentioned?  While Caila got called out on national television for appearing soft & "shockingly" out of shape, Megan sailed past.  Unfair. Absolutely. Surprising, No.

I personally saw few photos of Megan during the season & when I did....she was heavier than nearly every other DCC.  Obviously her weight gain didn't effect her being allowed to perform. Though blatantly unfair, what could any other cheerleader do or say...nothing.  I'm certain each & every one understood that Megan was getting away with something they themselves could not. That does have to get demoralizing at times, especially if you are one of the women on weight warning.

Question;  Do we think the integrity of the team gets questioned when an obviously larger cheerleader is allowed to perform time & again at heavier standards than everyone else?  Are these simply K & J's decisions and fairness is relative to their chosen ladies making each performance?  In that case, becoming a "teacher's pet" or suck-up is truly beneficial.

Regardless, I've loved watching Megan perform.  She always appeared like a class act.  She always sounded intelligent too. I'm happy for her that she is moving on with her career, ending on a high note.  Still...I must admit that the benefits she received were kind of surprising & somewhat disappointing. Standards must be the same for all women, otherwise....why bother?

• Love 4