Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I thought that Danielle looked great in the photos. She's never been super duper toned as far as I can remember? 

I think those shorts were just particularly unflattering on Jen. Look at the pictures in the normal uniform, she looks fine. 

It looks like they're doing one of the fan kicks in that picture. And it also looks ridiculously messy. I've never seen a picture where that kickline looks so bad. 

• Love 4

I'm not a fan of those pink fringe outfits. It could make anyone look "thick" at a wrong angle or simply breathing out. I actually think it looks a little funny on Jinelle because she's a little hippy but has scrawny legs. The juxtaposition is just off putting to me. Like i said it's unflattering. Cute idea but not made with curves in mind.

• Love 5

Yeah the pink outfits are definitely not flattering. Regarding Danielle looking soft.. I think she has a really arched back which makes her stomach stick out more.  I have the exact same damn problem. 

• Love 1

What I noticed from the routine is that from a distance the outfits read peach and the poms accentuate the color clash.  Thought it was nicer that the men actually danced in this routine more than previously.  Have always wondered why the guys weren't wearing pink also.  Overall the outfits are unflattering from fit, to design, to color but they will have to get their money's worth so will have to continue using them.  Was the middle group made up of the show group only?

1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

What I noticed from the routine is that from a distance the outfits read peach and the poms accentuate the color clash.  Thought it was nicer that the men actually danced in this routine more than previously.  Have always wondered why the guys weren't wearing pink also.  Overall the outfits are unflattering from fit, to design, to color but they will have to get their money's worth so will have to continue using them.  Was the middle group made up of the show group only?

I don't think so, I think some of them actually stunted. I forgot who was in the stunts.

Jenna was tagged in twitter, she did the pyramid with Jenn K standing and her and Melissa? I want to say were the ones with their legs in the air. 

1 hour ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Looks like they taught Cersten to do basket tosses for it, so she was one of them. She has a video on her IG but I guess she's private.

I figured the high flyers would be Cersten and Allie.  Allie was an amazing flyer at UofA. Woo pig sooie!!! 

I'm not a dancer so maybe I'm just ignorant to these things, but does it seem a little strange that they do the SAME halftime show each year? The song is different and the girls are in different spots, but that to me looked almost verbatim to the halftime show they detailed on MTT season 7. Is this normal? Seems a little boring, especially since these are girls are world class performers. I can totally understand that they throw together the stunting portion and so its not going to be perfect, but couldn't they switch it up a little?

I don't like either bca outfit they've had - the flapper one is extremely unflattering and the Minnie Mouse one was silly and not functional for the performance.   I think they should get rebel athletic to design them an outfit that's more like a competition cheer style - tight  crop top w/ tight fitting long sleeves and maybe some cutouts on the back or shoulders, and then for the bottom either a tight cheer skirt/skort or nice pair of blinged out shorts.  Incorporate the stars and a lot of pink, white and silver.   They do so many competition cheer stunts in the performance, might as well wear something that fits the part.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Is that Kelsey or Megan next to Jen K?

This photo is so weird. Look how odd Jessica looks compared to everyone else. She looks shrunken and Photoshopped in. And Jenna's head looks like it was added off-center to her body. And Holly looks like a giant. 

In all seriousness, I think those outfits make all the girls look square-shaped. 

• Love 2

The flapper outfits are just atrocious and I would think Kelli and Judy think so as well, they're just not up for finding another option yet (lord knows they could at least afford it with a $1M budget) or don't want to bother. Please K&J, do these girls bodies some justice and have Dallaswear/Rebel take over puh-leez.

• Love 1

In the minority here, but I actually like the current pink uniforms! The color is pretty, and fringe and high-waisted are very on trend right now. I think the movement of the fringe is fun, and it must look great on the big video screen. Plus anything is better than those horrible polka dot dresses. And I think the girls all look great in them!

What always bothered me is the single pink star on the regular uniform. I always thought they should just make all the stars pink, go big or go home! I think having just one (or is it one on each side of the vest?) looks kind of weird and silly. Like it's not even noticeable. Making all the stars pink would look super cute and would still be the "traditional" uniform that is so sacred, just a lot more aesthetically pleasing, in my opinion. 

• Love 6

I love the current pink uniforms! I'm pretty sure they changed to these because in 2014 they did the dance to Shake it Off and this outfit works a whole heck of a lot better than the minnie outfit. 

2 hours ago, bunny said:

In the minority here, but I actually like the current pink uniforms! The color is pretty, and fringe and high-waisted are very on trend right now. I think the movement of the fringe is fun, and it must look great on the big video screen. Plus anything is better than those horrible polka dot dresses. And I think the girls all look great in them!

What always bothered me is the single pink star on the regular uniform. I always thought they should just make all the stars pink, go big or go home! I think having just one (or is it one on each side of the vest?) looks kind of weird and silly. Like it's not even noticeable. Making all the stars pink would look super cute and would still be the "traditional" uniform that is so sacred, just a lot more aesthetically pleasing, in my opinion. 

Agreed, the single pink star is odd. They should make the whole blue part of the uniform pink and it would look cute with the boots.

24 minutes ago, KristyMc19 said:

The single pink star goes over their heart.  Makes sense.  

Kelsey and Selena were not a part of of the pink halftime show.   They weren't in Thunderstruck either...I think..not 100% on that one.

What?!?  Why were those two DCC, Kelsey and Selena, kept out of the pink halftime show?  Is it because the formations for that particular routine call for fewer girls than are on the current, larger squad?

I would be more concerned for both Kelsey and Selena if you are correct in your claim that they were pulled from Thunderstruck as well, as isn't that dance performed at every home game?  

Is this a staging-numbers issue or a performance issue?  Should we be worried for Selena and Kelsey?  I wouldn't have thought that Selena was having any dance issues this year, based on this season's MTT.

15 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

Hmmmm...

Okay @dalgal214 do you know something about why Kelsey and Selena supposedly did not perform during last Sunday's Pink halftime and Thunderstruck dances?  Aren't Selena and Kelsey in the same small group?  And aren't you the poster who wrote some time back about a blowup within that group, or was that another person?  Come on, fess up, give us the dirt :)

Well there is a photo of Selena (far right) cheering at last Sunday's Cowboys home game against the Bengals.  So we have visual confirmation that Selena was on the field and performing with the DCC for that game.  

1476060205-100916_cowboys_029_TS_5342070

Edited by California Girl
1 hour ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

I didn't like those Minnie Mouse outfits. Between the fit and flare skirt, the polka dots and the bloomers, it looked like they were trying to dress the DCC up as little girls.  I showed one of my guy friends the Candyman performance and he was like, "I don't like those costumes; they make me feel like a dirty old man"!

Yeah, the little girl bobby socks just made it even worse. Not to mention the lyrics. Dirty old man indeed!

1 hour ago, KristyMc19 said:

Kelsey and Selena were not a part of of the pink halftime show.   They weren't in Thunderstruck either...I think..not 100% on that one.

Where are you getting this info?  I mean no disrespect, but weren't you the poster who said Amy T was fraternizing with players? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KristyMc19 said:

@KristyMc19 it appears that you just got your intelligence wrong.  Selena was indeed performing at Sunday's game, as you can see in the photo posted above.  And Kelsey was performing in the Pink halftime show, as you can see in the vine of Tasha, Kelsey, and Kelli dancing in their pink flapper costumes, posted on Tasha's DCC Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/DCC_Tasha

• Love 4

I wasn't sure about Thunderstruck so for Selena being in that pic...my mistake.  Kelsey was not in the pink halftime due to injury and I know for a fact Selena was not in it either just not sure why.  Yes, they are posting pics in the pink fringe outfit but that does not mean they were in the performance.  Clearly they're not in any of the pictures for halftime.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, KristyMc19 said:

I wasn't sure about Thunderstruck so for Selena being in that pic...my mistake.  Kelsey was not in the pink halftime due to injury and I know for a fact Selena was not in it either just not sure why.  Yes, they are posting pics in the pink fringe outfit but that does not mean they were in the performance.  Clearly they're not in any of the pictures for halftime.

Aw, poor Kelsey!! that sucks!!! :( To be all dressed and rehearsed for it and then not get to perform...I wonder if Selena had to sit out then to keep something even in their group?? wonder what their formation was... 

That's true, there weren't any pics of Kelsey now that I think of it and she is already a favorite of the photographers. 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Great shot of Sydney though .. who is the brown hair girl to the left of her?

That looks like Katy

22 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I don't like either bca outfit they've had - the flapper one is extremely unflattering and the Minnie Mouse one was silly and not functional for the performance.   I think they should get rebel athletic to design them an outfit that's more like a competition cheer style - tight  crop top w/ tight fitting long sleeves and maybe some cutouts on the back or shoulders, and then for the bottom either a tight cheer skirt/skort or nice pair of blinged out shorts.  Incorporate the stars and a lot of pink, white and silver.   They do so many competition cheer stunts in the performance, might as well wear something that fits the part.

YES!!!!!  This description sounds pretty!

@California Girl I hope that the girls do these fun sort of superlatives in the locker room or on retreats!! We gals as a species can be snarky because we are competitive but we should always lift each other up! I love your picks and I humbly add these ones-- 

Most Likely to be universally loved by all her teammates- Jinelle

Most likely to have a career as a hair model- Danielle 

most likely to be a soccer mom with the best snacks and cleanest house- Jenny Kat

• Love 4

I went back and watched the video on youtube again it looks like Kelsey is there she is in the back.  Jessika is the corner I think and Kelsey is right next to her. I could be wrong but i think Kelsey and Selina both danced because there were still the right amount of DCC in the show. 

• Love 2
On 10/12/2016 at 2:01 PM, LaurenBrook said:

Weird that Kelsey would have pics on her social media in her pink outfit...if she was pulled from it, it had to be the very last minute.  

I was just going to say the same thing. She had pics in the pink outfit and was excited about the performance. Does anyone really know for sure if this was true or not? When you watch the video of the field performance, it's hard to tell who is out there because the camera is so far away. I would never assume people aren't on the field based on a single, grainy video.

• Love 2
On 10/15/2016 at 10:46 AM, SopranoKris said:

I was just going to say the same thing. She had pics in the pink outfit and was excited about the performance. Does anyone really know for sure if this was true or not? When you watch the video of the field performance, it's hard to tell who is out there because the camera is so far away. I would never assume people aren't on the field based on a single, grainy video.

@ShellyB maybe you can shed some light on this?

• Love 1

This would be the second time we've got word that Kelsey has been/is about to be pulled from a performance.   The first time people were saying she wasn't going to dance in the first preseason pre-game - but then I believe it was confirmed that she did.

• Love 1

Must have been the DCC Halloween party last night - girls are all posting pics in their costumes.  Not one of the more creative years (I loved the spice girls one last year and Jenna and Caila's hooked mermaid costumes) but still a few really great ones.  Not going going to post all the links here but if you search the #DCCHalloween hashtag on instagram a bunch come up. 

And @heatherrrrz - be sure to check out the comments on Khalyn's group pic of the girls...they are hilarious!! ;-D  I think he must be famous among the DCC now.