Type keyword(s) to search

White and Black Hats: Punisher In The Media

12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Ben Barnes will be playing a friend, not foe, of Frank Castle! (For now?) Details here.

Interesting.

Spoiler

However, Billy Russo traditionally ends up as Jigsaw who is very much a (Punisher) villain...

9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Ebon Moss-Bachrach joins the cast as does Amber Rose Revah.

I first read that as "Amber Rose" and went blergh. But I quite liked Revah as Leena in Indian Summers, so I'm good with that casting. I just hope she won't be playing a love interest - if Frank's ever gonna hook up with anyone, it's gonna be Karen (*pipedream*)

• Love 1
20 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Deborah Ann Woll will be actually crossing over to the series as Karen Page.

Oh my God, yes. I was hoping for that so much!

(And yes I know I'm a crazy shipper, but even without that, Frank/Karen had a really awesome dynamic and chemistry which should be explored all the way into Frank's own show, IMO).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, FurryFury said:

Oh my God, yes. I was hoping for that so much!

(And yes I know I'm a crazy shipper, but even without that, Frank/Karen had a really awesome dynamic and chemistry which should be explored all the way into Frank's own show, IMO).

You weren't the only one, FurryFury ;) (Also YES to the latter!)

raw

The Punisher Netflix Release Date, Cast, and Everything We Know - meaning "release sometime in 2017, probably fall"

Seven new actors has been cast beside Deborah Ann Woll and Ben Barnes. I like the look of them (Ebon Moss-Bachrach just had a great turn as a snivelling, completely unhinged singer-songwriter on Girls), but the casting of Amber Rose Revah has this resident on the good ship Kastle worried; she is mightily pretty (...and a great actress, so there's that :))

Marvel’s ‘Punisher’: What We Now Know About the Netflix Series Showrunner is Steven Lightfoot, fresh off of Hannibal. After hiring Scott Buck (last two seasons of Dexter) for Iron Fist, a good showrunner for this was paramount. I haven't watch Hannibal yet, but I've only heard good things about it. So; optimistic :)

Edited by feverfew
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That looks so good! Excellent use of Metallica 

Yea I don't even like Metallica (and I have actually never been that into the Punisher either in comic, movie or TV form) but this looks like it could be awesome (although I did say the same thing after the Luke Cage trailers). And I imagine that Marvel TV could use a hit (or at least something that gets a bunch of good buzz. Just because I think Defenders didn't really live up to expectations, Luke Cage and Iron Fist I think were both let downs. And although I haven't seen it, from everything I have read the less said about Inhumans the better probably.

10 hours ago, coppersin said:

Have I missed it, or do we still not have a premiere date? I know sometime in 2017, but we don't have much 2017 left!

10 hours ago, BetterButter said:

No date yet.

Damn, I must have imagined a November date...must be very desperate for this show to get here NOW! ?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/10/06/netflix-may-be-delaying-the-punisher-in-the-wake-of-the-las-vegas-shooting/#52a851af5f02

This week, Marvel and Netflix decided to pull the panel for the upcoming Punisher series from NYCC, citing its proximity to the recent Las Vegas mass shooting. The Punisher, a brutal, assault rifle-toting antihero with no qualms about killing his enemies, seemed like the wrong character to focus on just days after 59 people were gunned down at a concert by a man with 23 guns amassed in his hotel room.

Now, rumor has it that Netflix may be going a step further, and is delaying The Punisher’s actual release. That tip comes from TV critic Verne Gay, who has gotten word that the series itself will be delayed until later this fall. Netflix, for its part, has said “We never announced a premiere date and have not yet,” not addressing the potential delay directly.

But despite that statement, the release date for The Punisher had allegedly leaked a few weeks ago, glimpsed in the pages of MCU Exchange which said the show would be released a week from today on Friday, October 13th, which would have put it out two weeks ahead of Netflix's premiere of Stranger Things season 2 on the 27th. It seems possible that this was going to be announced at NYCC, or Netflix may have just pulled one if it’s “surprise, the entire series is out!” moves, which they’ve done from time to time on the day of release.

There’s no word on when The Punisher may actually arrive now, but “late fall” is assuredly sometime in November, which will give it some distance from this tragedy (assuming there’s no new tragedy yet to come).

??

I thought Punisher was supposed to be 10 episode and now I heard 13 episodes.  Netflix insistence on this number for their solo shows bothers me.  They rarely write enough story for these Marvel shows to cover 13 episodes and 13, nearly one-hour episodes of Iron Fist was a chore to get through at best.

It's almost comical how NOT that bad Billy Russo(aka Jigsaw) looks now especially compared to the Punisher War Zone movie! Women would probably be more attracted to him because he looks more rugged. It's like how Jack Kirby said Doctor Doom's face only has a tiny scar but he's so vain and such a perfectionist that he has to hide it.

• Love 2

That latest trailer looks awesome. Although I am a little worried. It uses the song "Would" by Seattle band Alice in Chains a song that was released as a single in 1992. The trailer for The Defenders used "Come as you Are" by Nirvana also from Seattle and also released as a single in 1992. And while the trailers for Defenders looked good it was a huge letdown. Hopefully this is just a concidence.

On 1/10/2019 at 8:40 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

That latest trailer looks awesome. Although I am a little worried. It uses the song "Would" by Seattle band Alice in Chains a song that was released as a single in 1992. The trailer for The Defenders used "Come as you Are" by Nirvana also from Seattle and also released as a single in 1992. And while the trailers for Defenders looked good it was a huge letdown. Hopefully this is just a concidence.

I think S2 will deliver, looking forward to the orgy of violence.

On 2/18/2019 at 4:24 PM, WAnglais1 said:

Didn't care for the show, but folks did. This and JESSICA JONES are dead...for now...until Disney beams programming directly into our brains for $100/month, no opt outs.

Give or take some technical issues and the price point, this is 100% accurate. Disney is systematically pulling in all of its content so that when they launch their own version of Netflix, they will get plenty of people willing to pay for it.

Having said that, they have made noise about it being family friendly*, and this show doesn’t fit that description. They’re going to make Marvel original content, (that article specifically mentions a Loki series with Tom Hiddleston from the movies,) it’s just hard to say at this point if they’ll take any of the Netflix stories and build off of them or not.

I was originally leaning towards them probably picking and choosing the actors and stories to move forward, but now I'm not sure that they just wont just go in a completely different direction. The news about the Loki series makes me think they've got different plans for what they're going to do with the Marvel properties.

* Disney doesn’t leave a lot of money on the table. One could guess they’ll start with the flagship Disney service, then tack on additional packages like more mature content and sports once we’re all willingly paying them $9 a month. 

ETA: Okay, I did more research. I think it's fair to say that all of these shows are dead and that Disney will start from scratch with original Marvel series. (Boo!)

Reasons are plentiful: Netflix owns all of these seasons, and most likely the rights to create future seasons. So it's unlikely that Disney would pay to get either of those things, and even if they did get the future rights, why would Netflix give access to fans to the prior seasons when it would just drive new viewers to the competing streaming service?

Also, it's just far less expensive to start fresh with new content than to put back together existing productions.

Also, I was wrong about Disney pulling back it's content having anything to do with this series. Netflix could absolutely keep making more seasons of The Punisher if they wanted to do so. It looks like it's just too expensive and not worth it to them. Especially when they can make their own original stuff that doesn't send some of the money to a competitor.