Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

A great day in my neighborhood, JJ is on two hours a day now, and it's permanent.

Ex girlfriend plaintiff suing ex boyfriend defendant for 4 phone, a bunch of electronics, etc.    The phones are apparently iPhones, as usual.    The strange thing is that they were staying in motels for most of their relationship.    Defendant whining about plaintiff cutting his phone lines off after he 'moved on' to his new girlfriend.     Defendant claims he only traded in a broken phone for a $200 upgrade iPhone, but plaintiff has proof that he ordered nine phones on her account, four hit her account, because he returned some phones.

I do like the defendant's name (Wilbert Sparrow), however, I don't like him.     The ex-girlfriend plaintiff's phone bill is over $4,000 plus because phones were never returned.    He was living with plaintiff and her parents for months, while he already has another girlfriend for over four months.     

Plaintiff gets one phone back for $1100 off her bill, and a lap top back.   She's still on the hook for over $3300 or so.

Car repair costs after daughter of defendant (17 years old, and unlicensed) broadsided the plaintiff's vehicle.    No insurance coverage for daughter either.     Uninsured motorist for plaintiff covered $400, and plaintiff had to pay for a rental for two months.      Plaintiff's daughter left the scene of the accident, and was found because the car's bumper and license plate were left behind at the scene of the accident.   In my state, leaving the scene of an accident is 12 points, and immediate suspension of license.     Driver left to get her boyfriend, and then supposedly came back to the accident scene.   My guess is she has a lot of time behind the wheel.     

Plaintiff gets $1934, and defendant says it wasn't his daughter's fault, and plaintiff says she returned to the accident when the police brought her back.

A woman moved in with a friend, bringing her five kids along-Defendant and her five kids stayed with plaintiff for about a month, ending when they had an argument.    Defendant claims she was pushed, but plaintiff claims she didn't touch the woman.   The plaintiff claims the defendant assaulted her.     Plaintiff tried for a restraining order, but it was dismissed.   Case is dismissed, nothing for anybody.    

Rerun-This is the case where the female roommate was sued by her former male roommate who kept inviting her ex over.   The plaintiff, and ex boyfriend were living together until everything fell apart, and after the move out of the ex-boyfriend.    Then the plaintiff kept inviting the ex-boyfriend over, so the defendant moved out.     It wasn't nice that the ex boyfriend and roommate kept get invited over, but the defendant changed the locks, instead of deciding with the plaintiff what to do.

However, I bet a lot more was said by the landlord than the defendant roommate said, and I bet it involved getting someone else on the lease, or Mom co-signing and paying all of the rent.  

Plaintiff mother suing her son and ex-wife for money she loaned the son for a $2800 loan, and then son wanted to borrow $689 for his mortgage one month, and then $4800 for credit card bills.   Son claims they were gifts, and I really dislike him.   The lawyer is considered a gift, but that still leaves $5489 in loans.     This is the case where the plaintiff didn't file locally, but first with the show   

I believe the idea is to submit a case to the show that you filed in small claims, before the hearing, and not just a case you want to have on TV.    This way defendant may get money, but won't actually have to pay any of it.  

The loan was made in June, and didn't expect money until the son's tax refund came in, but never paid anything.  

No one gets anything, because the case was a way for the mother/plaintiff to get money, and defendant / son not to have to pay.     

So much for two hours.   The station is rerunning the cell phone case, and the hit and run car accident.     In defense of the poor TV station person who did this, most of the station people are working on zero sleep since yesterday's spree of tornadoes, and the resulting deaths.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

defendant says it wasn't his daughter's fault,

If I heard correctly, he said in the hallterview that she had the right-of-way in the parking lot. Even it that were true (he was not there to see it directly), her driving without a license would vitiate that defense in my view.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

This is the case where the plaintiff didn't file locally, but first with the show 

The little promos during the episodes (and also their Web site I believe) invite viewers to prevail themselves of that option, but JJ often seems to disapprove of people who file directly with the show. The production must consider consistency in marketing to be a very overrated value.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Florinaldo said:

right-of-way in the parking lot

There’s almost no such thing as the right of way in a parking lot. Most are the epitome of a “me first” dumpster fire.

3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

female roommate was sued by her former male roommate

Defendant mom hangs her daughter’s defense on the minor point that the landlord released the defendant from her obligation. True as that may be, mom fails to understand that any such release by the landlord has zero impact on the defendant’s obligation to her roommate/ lease partner, which is what the entire case was about.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Florinaldo said:

right-of-way in the parking lot

There’s almost no such thing as the right of way in a parking lot. Most are the epitome of a “me first” dumpster fire.

female roommate was sued by her former male roommate

Defendant mom hangs her daughter’s defense on the minor point that the landlord released the defendant from her obligation. True as that may be, mom fails to understand that any such release by the landlord has zero impact on the defendant’s obligation to her roommate/ lease partner, which is what the entire case was about.  

• Love 3

I do like the defendant's name (Wilbert Sparrow), however, I don't like him. 

OH, producers? Come on. Not this again. Plaintiff, Stacey Parsons, is another pitiful, desperate person who would do anything to keep the stupid, fugly, pig-faced Wilbert - living in motels with him before saddling her parents with both of them since even though they work, they need their money for other things and can't pay rent. They need playstations, laptops, tablets, fancy phones and Wilbert simply had to have a 1100$ iPhooone. I guess he's worth it. I don't think Stacey deserved one dime back (oh, and Dilbert has a new girlfriend. Of course he does. The supply of sad pathetic women is inexhaustible!) for anything. Stacey, do something about your weight or you won't be around long enough to buy stuff for any more marginal creeps. 

And then we got Ms. Escabado, primo breeder who has spit out five kids but has to bunk in with the plaintiff, and she pushed her or some shit like that. Who cares?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

The little promos during the episodes (and also their Web site I believe) invite viewers to prevail themselves of that option, but JJ often seems to disapprove of people who file directly with the show.

I was thinking the same thing.  But I'm glad JJ kicked it back, because I think Mama just wanted some of her money back, knowing she was most likely going to hand it straight back to Junior.

41 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

OH, producers? Come on. Not this again. Plaintiff, Stacey Parsons, is another pitiful, desperate person who would do anything to keep the stupid, fugly, pig-faced Wilbert - living in motels with him before saddling her parents with both of them since even though they work, they need their money for other things and can't pay rent.

This case just made me so sad.  That poor girl.  She is worthy of sooooooo much more, and I don't even know her.

@CrazyInAlabama hugs to you and yours, and hoping you all are safe and sound.  Just awful to see that.

• Love 5

Over here in the Fourth household, we were dying of laughter at the bumper falling off with the license plate attached and the girl fleeing the scene anyway. Most victims scramble to get a glimpse of a license plate and jot it down quickly, but this guy had the actual, physical plate. Plus a piece of the car. Fantastic!

• LOL 11
  • Love 7

The Hallterview remark by the plaintiff in the hit and run car bumper case made me laugh.     The little liar unlicensed defendant absolutely lied that she hadn't been driving without a license constantly, this was the only time she got caught.    Also, the defendant lied, because she claimed she went and got her boyfriend, and returned to the accident.    The plaintiff said that she was brought back by the police.

The 2 hours of JJ today (the two episodes were shown in the first hour, and repeated in the second, that better not be how they're going to do it, I wanted some fun reruns) were on either side of the evening local news.    Of course it was all about the tornado damage, and the number who were lost.    It reminded me how petty most of the cases we see on the TV are, and how there is a lot worse things that can happen in this world.   

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The little liar unlicensed defendant absolutely lied that she hadn't been driving without a license constantly, this was the only time she got caught.

I thought I had erased that smirky "like, like, like" little sneak from my mind. Little pushover Daddy  - why was he even here? He states how severely he's punished his little girl. Oh, but in the hall, I see why he was here. "It wasn't her fault." I guess he'll be saying the same when she gets arrested or comes home knocked up. Nothing will ever be the fault of his darling princess, and she knows it, hence that smug smile I wanted to slap off her face.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, SandyToes said:

That poor girl.  She is worthy of sooooooo much more, and I don't even know her.

Of course she is, as so many of the women we see on this show, lying down so some loser can walk all over them, time and again. Either they don't want anything better or feel they can't do any better. They need to stop picking up scumbags - it's not the end of the world to be without a warm body for a few months especially when you have to beg, borrow and steal to pay for that body! -  find out why they feel this way, and that no matter how much money they throw at garbage, it'll still be garbage.

• Love 6
(edited)
9 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It reminded me how petty most of the cases we see on the TV are, and how there is a lot worse things that can happen in this world

So many of these cases involve individuals with zero life skills. Selfish, terrible decision makers, terrible judges of character with no relationship skills and poor coping skills. The bride woman balling the other day because her DJ failed to follow the script when calling her guests to dinner and his microphone failed. The horror! It always makes me wonder how some of the fools will endure a genuine tragedy. 

On a positive note, glad to hear you’re safe and sound @CrazyInAlabama

Edited by Byrd is the Word
  • Love 8

I know the roommate case was a repeat, but I didn't remember seeing it.  I love when the slow witted people on JJ just keep repeating their one over-rehearsed line as their defense.  Even after several explanations why it is not a true or valid defense, they keep saying it!  Since these idiots were all born in the Land of Entitlement, they think because they spew out the same words ad nauseam  to show how they have been wronged, it will make the world see their side.  I think the next time I get into an unwinnable argument and my back is to the wall, I'm just gonna keep repeating one of the excuses from the fine legal minds shown on JJ.  I may not win on principle, but I may drive my opponent crazy with my repetitive wordsmithing.  Some of the best (but losing) arguments I will add to my arsenal: 

"But I tried to get off the lease."

"But I have receipts....not with me.  I didn't know I'd need them."

"But I have texts (or 'texes' if you prefer) to show he/she borrowed me that money."

"That iPhone/X-Box/money/beater car/tacky-ass jewelry was a gift (or gifff if you prefer)"

I know there are dozens more...

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Driver left to get her boyfriend, and then supposedly came back to the accident scene.   

$10 says that if the bumper had NOT been left back at the scene of the accident, boyfriend wouldn't have insisted that they return.  He knows that because it's HIS car, he's the one that would be charged when police recovered the bumper.  He should actually have been named as a co-defendant, for giving his car to an unlicensed driver.  Not that his insurance company would have paid out anything, but I'll bet they'd be giving him a long look come renewal time.  

And Little Miss should be informed that because she drove unlicensed and left the scene of an accident, she will be ineligible for a driver's license until the age of 21.  

• Love 8
11 hours ago, augmentedfourth said:

we were dying of laughter at the bumper falling off with the license plate attached 

True story.  I used to keep our carpool van parked in front of my house.  One morning I got up to see severe damage to the back end - no note.   Looking up the street, I noticed the car had apparently side-swiped a lot of the parked cars on my side of the street.

I called the police.  While waiting for them to get there, I noticed something under the van.  It was the front end of the car that hit it, complete with license plate.  Police laughed their asses off when I gave it to them.  

Later that day, I saw a car cruising verrrrrrrrrry slowly up the street, looking around up and down both sides.  I yelled out "If you're looking for your front end, asshole, the police have it!"  They took off.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I love when the slow witted people on JJ just keep repeating their one over-rehearsed line as their defense.  Even after several explanations why it is not a true or valid defense, they keep saying it! 

I too love that. They remind me of Russian love scammers who are unable to go off-script. The one defense they have is the only one they bothered learning, and they know no other.

One of my favorites is:
Lit: "That was our agreement." (car sale, money loaning with 80% interest charged, etc)

JJ: "It's immoral, usurious, nonsensical, ridiculous and ILLEGAL!"

Lit (nodding): "Yes, but that was our agreement."

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

$10 says that if the bumper had NOT been left back at the scene of the accident, boyfriend wouldn't have insisted that they return.

The plaintiff remarked in halterview that she was brought back to the scene by the police.  No way on Earth she left the scene of an accident and intended to return under her own steam.

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I love when the slow witted people on JJ just keep repeating their one over-rehearsed line as their defense.

And you know that they've repeated that line of defense to their friends and family who all encourage the litigant to pursue it.  Honestly, I'm floored sometimes by the sense of right and wrong possessed (or not) by certain people.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

True story.  I used to keep our carpool van parked in front of my house.  One morning I got up to see severe damage to the back end - no note.   Looking up the street, I noticed the car had apparently side-swiped a lot of the parked cars on my side of the street.

I called the police.  While waiting for them to get there, I noticed something under the van.  It was the front end of the car that hit it, complete with license plate.  Police laughed their asses off when I gave it to them.  

Later that day, I saw a car cruising verrrrrrrrrry slowly up the street, looking around up and down both sides.  I yelled out "If you're looking for your front end, asshole, the police have it!"  They took off.  

That happened to me.  My husband took my car to the job he was working at the time because it needed an oil change.  When he was getting in, he found some black fiberglass pieces laying in the street.  He picked them up and set them on the curb, and left.  When he got to work, someone said "What happened to your car?".  There was damage on the passenger side, and the bumper was loose.  He didn't see it because we parked on a one way street.  No need to walk to the other side.  He called me, then brought my car back home right away so I could call the police.

They stopped, and told me they doubted they would be able to find the person - this street was part of a heavily traveled road.  They then saw the pieces of plastic and fiberglass, and said they were likely left by the car that hit me, and they took them.  About 20 minutes later, they called.  One of the pieces was the better part of a side mirror cover.  While pulling in to the station, they looked left, and a saw an Eagle Talon with damage.  That car was black, and had a lot of fiberglass.  It was missing it's side view mirror cover.  They put on the piece they had like a puzzle.  They ran the plates, and found the house, around the corner from where the car was parked.  The woman who answered the door summoned her teenage son, who was sleeping.  He denied hitting anyone.  They asked him how his car got damaged.  He said he was out with friends, and someone hit him in the parking lot.  The cop then asked how they found the pieces of his car at the scene of a hit-and-run accident up the road.  He then claimed he didn't realize he hit anyone (sure - so tell me again about being out with friends and coming out to find the car damaged).  The cop believed he was out drinking (underage), and figured a hit-and-run was better than an underage DUI.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

The plaintiff remarked in halterview that she was brought back to the scene by the police.  No way on Earth she left the scene of an accident and intended to return under her own steam

Aha - I missed the hall-terview.  Even WORSE.  Do we know if she was charged?  She damn well should have been.  

It's a gift to her that the PLAINTIFF didn't mention to Judge Judy that she was not brought back voluntarily as she'd claimed.  I have a feeling Judge Judy probably already knew from the way she was questioning her - "why didn't you go get your dad?"  "Your boyfriend wasn't there, either!"

• Love 3
(edited)

New episode-Plaintiff, defendant, and plaintiff's witness needed subtitles.     They all had cases of mush mouth.   Woman plaintiff needs a bunch of money for her dog's vet bills.   She borrowed money from a lot of people, and some from the defendant (her daughter's ex-boyfriend).     She gave him a ring, and coin as collateral, never paid a penny on the loan, so he sold the collateral on Let Go, with no proof.    Then plaintiff's car gets the tires slashed, and it gets set on fire, so she accuses defendant without proof.   Plaintiff's witness, and ex-neighbor or something, claims to have a recording of the defendant saying "She deserved it", which was the only intelligible part of the recording.    It did not say "I did it", the way the plaintiff's witness claims, so everything is dismissed.     

Spay and Neuter Your Dogs-Unpaid loans, and one month of rent.    Defendant claims she repaid $800 to the plaintiff, and plaintiff didn't even total up the amount owed.  Now plaintiff claims the defendant actually still owes over $1,000, in part for dog neutering.       Smart landlady plaintiff said dog neutered or no move in.     Plaintiff gets the credit card bills, $1,000.

Crime victim's funeral plight- Plaintiff hired defendant to perform funeral for her crime victim's son's funeral.    Signed contracts, what a refreshing change.     Plaintiff is suing for $3100, and claims that the day before the funeral, the defendant funeral director was calling people, and threatening not to bury the victim.   Funeral director defendant is suing for $    , the remaining balance.      The plaintiff claims the state crime victims' fund will pay for all of the funeral expenses, but that didn't happen.    Plaintiff owes $1023 to funeral director, and JJ pays it. 

Neglected horse-Plaintiff boards two horses with Tina, the defendant, and plaintiff claims horses weren't being fed.    The plaintiff, and the rest of her riding club boarded their horses at Tina's boarding barn for years.   The horses all moved to the club members' trainer's farm, when he bought a farm.     Plaintiff wants board fees for two horses back, and defendant had the sheriff's office boot her off of the property.    There is no vet testimony.    There was a boarding contract in place, but not signed.     The sheriff removal happened on 1 August.     The horses had been at the boarding barn since 2014, so I suspect the reasons are phony.    

So the horses were at this barn since April 2014, to August of 2017 or 2018 (not sure since it's a rerun), and coincidentally, plaintiff suddenly claims the horses were neglected, and had to be moved when the trainer opened his own barn.   And coincidentally, the horses from the riding club all moved to the new barn at the same time.   Nothing for the plaintiff.

Vet bills for attack by two dogs on an adorable Boston Terrier.    The defendants claim a bear attacked the dog, not his animals (Boxer/Mastiff mix and Cane Corso/Rottweiler).      The dogs attacked the little terrier in the plaintiff's own fenced back yard.        When the plaintiff went out back after the attack (the man was inside his house), the man and woman defendants (woman claims she wasn't home, but plaintiff saw her outside the house), there is evidence of damage to plants leading directly to the defendants back yard.     There have also been complaints to animal control about the defendants dogs.     

The previous attack happened when the dogs escaped the defendant's yard, and attacked a man and his adorable little dog (Pekingese size dog).    There was a fine of $633 assessed.   The owner was also attacked.      The didn't improve the fence until after the second attack.    The defendants are such liars.    I'm so glad the little dog owner moved, because the defendants will never do anything about those dogs.     Plaintiff gets $5,000 max for the court. 

Progress, my 2 hours of JJ are the new episode, a rerun, then the second hour is the new episode rerun, and then another episode.

Michelle Raub, SSMOT (Sainted Single Mother of Two) is being sued by the plaintiff for a loan for rent.    She's the famous defendant who said she was going to be a paid escort for money, has had a bunch of different jobs in the past two years.     She fell three months behind on rent, even though she works as a part-time bartender.   She met plaintiff online doing a live stream, and they met at the bar she works at.   She claims they never did any nasty stuff.      SSMOT is the one who says the money gives men power over her.  

I can't believe anyone hired her to process mortgages.    Plaintiff brought his girlfriend who told him he had been scammed.   Michelle, SSMOT, sent him a text that she was thinking of becoming an escort to pay the back rent, and other bills.    She borrowed $ 4900, and paid nothing back, and is behind on her rent two months again.     She gave the plaintiff her account information, to make the deposits, and she's surprised that he's still accessing the account to see if she's lying.   Plaintiff gets $4900, and probably is still gullible.   

Afghanistan scam-I remember this.  It's the knee slapping funny one where the woman sent money to a 'U.S. Soldier" in Afghanistan (he also went to Nigeria), who was stranded, because he was discharged and left there.   She a total idiot to believe that garbage.    I bet she's still sending him money.    

The defendant borrowed $750, from the plaintiff, and sent it to the scammer.   Later the defendant sent $2,000 of her own money to the scammer.     $750 to the plaintiff, and defendant is still a fool. 

Yes, I saw the preview, and not liking the new hairstyle.    I think it's aging.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, augmentedfourth said:

Over here in the Fourth household, we were dying of laughter at the bumper falling off with the license plate attached and the girl fleeing the scene anyway. Most victims scramble to get a glimpse of a license plate and jot it down quickly, but this guy had the actual, physical plate. Plus a piece of the car. Fantastic!

23 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, I saw the preview, and not liking the new hairstyle.    I think it's aging.  

Putting these two comments together reminded me of a great scene from "Men of a Certain Age".

The older guys are on foot, chasing down a car and trying to get the plate number.

"Take a picture of the plate with your phone!"

Great idea, and good on an older guy for thinking right away to using the camera phone.  As the car pulls away, the older guys continue running after it until they are able to snap a picture.

Great work, guys!

As an older guy myself, I was quite impressed.

Until they called up the picture. . . 

"Hey!  It's just a picture of us!"

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!  I still don't know how to switch my phone from front camera to back!

• LOL 6
(edited)

Today’s rerun featured the narcissistic craigslist wannabe escort, Michelle Raub. Treat yourself to 11:42 of self indulgent psycho babble. Spoiler alert, the video does not end in the low speed car crash you may be hoping for. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, patty1h said:

Did anyone else's jaw drop when they showed the preview for the next episode and got a look at JJ's new hairstyle?

Mine sure did!  I had to rr and look at it again.  Looking forward to studying it better tomorrow.  I'm not ready to call it  "aging" yet. 

Seems like many older women default to the "man cut" in the back with slight teasing on the top.  Sometimes it looks nice, sometimes, no.  

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Today’s rerun featured the narcissistic craigslist wannabe escort, Michelle Raub. Treat yourself to 11:42 of self indulgent psycho babble. Spoiler alert, the video does not end in the low speed car crash you may be hoping for. 

Her Honor: "Why is she here?" *meaning the new girlfriend*

Plaintiff: "She put the pieces together and told me, 'you just got scammed'."

Her Honor: "You needed her to tell you that?"

I'll allow the question.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Her Honor: "Why is she here?" *meaning the new girlfriend*

Plaintiff: "She put the pieces together and told me, 'you just got scammed'."

Her Honor: "You needed her to tell you that?"

I'll allow the question.

I knew a woman like her years ago. She was always referring to “triggers” and “head space” and “emotional vampires”. People like her and Ms Raub act as though they’re operating on a higher plain with their pseudo zen and anyone who they conflict with is “controlling” and “an abuser”.  All that shit seems to come from self help books and enabling therapists and never seems to break the cycle of a marginally attractive woman manipulating horny, dim witted guys. Of course they want to “f the shit out of you”. You’re not horrible looking, have a giant rack, talk dirty and will take their money. Congratulations, you’re already 3/4 of the way to the escort business. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

I have no doubt that the defendant in the Michelle Raub case slashed the tires on her car.  It's true that we didn't hear defendant say "I did it" on the phone, but we did hear the witness say "Why are you hiding in the bushes?"  That should have been a clue to JJ.

I was almost embarrassed for JJ when she interrupted Raub, right off the bat. Raub started to explain about the dog falling in a hole, necessitating the vet bill that resulted in the loan.  JJ assumed Raub was going to talk about something irrelevant.  (I've already forgotten what it was, sorry.)  We all know what happens when we assume.  Even to JJ.

Hate the new hair-do, but the other one is old too.  You only see it on middle-aged and older women with short hair.  But us old bats have a problem with hair.  Wear it one way and people say we're trying to look young, another way and we look too old.  We can't all be Helen Mirren or Glenn Close, or Gwyneth Paltrow's mom, in that bone drug commercial, with the long silver-gray hair that actually looks pretty good!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Today’s rerun featured the narcissistic craigslist wannabe escort, Michelle Raub

Ah, yes - the extremely beaky 'hoe who found herself a dim-witted little sucker to start showering her with money. She got the boot from 4 jobs in one year, doesn't pay her rent, is a SSMOT, yet spends her free time "streaming" online and wants to be an escort. How I wish I had such a high opinion of myself.

The rest of the eps - new, I guess - said "dog, dog, horse abuse" on my DVR, so I struck out and had to rewatch the other repeat of  Amy, the stupid, desperate, dentally-challenged heffalump who not only sent 2K of her money to Enofe in Nigeria - I mean Charles in Afghanistan - but bummed 750$ from the plaintiff to send to him as well. Charles solemnly swore he would pay back plaintiff personally, double what he owed. What a guy! I guess they were in love.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, patty1h said:

Did anyone else's jaw drop when they showed the preview for the next episode and got a look at JJ's new hairstyle?

Is JJ trying out for a slot on the Supreme Court with the Ruth Bader Ginsburg do? Maybe they are just going to slide JJ on in and hope no one will notice that it's not the Notorious RBG.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Crime victim's funeral plight

I do not know which category of litigants I dislike more: whiny newlyweds who had unrealistic expectations for a perfect fairy tale wedding or people who buy extravagant funerals they can't afford. And then all of them find any number of reasons not to pay their bills. Perhaps if the plaintiff spent less time and money on getting such a horrible hairdo, she could have scraped a few dollars to honor the contract with the funeral director (which she conveniently forgot having signed).

Speaking of hairdos, I was distracted when tomorrow's promo was on so I missed JJ's new one. Your various comments fill me with breathless anticipation.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, patty1h said:

From the brief glimpse it appeared VERY unflattering. LIKE, BASICALLY, 😉plastered to her scalp and in a ponytail.

Time will tell. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

She got the boot from 4 jobs in one year,

Apparently, this was a consistent continuation of her career prior to that. Sometimes you have to realize that YOU are the problem.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

In Judge Judy’s admonition to the teen hitter and runner, she listed the things a 17 year old could do for a job. She randomly listed working at the “Riverdale Neighborhood House” which is about a third of a mile from me in the Riverdale Neighborhood of The Bronx. 

I was tickled, and a clip of it got posted in a local Riverdale Facebook group. Tuned out JJ lived here for quite a while when she was a judge, and many people wrote of encountering her here, both positively and negatively.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DoctorK said:

Apparently, this was a consistent continuation of her career prior to that. Sometimes you have to realize that YOU are the problem.

She probably didn't want to work but get paid for the pleasure of looking at her beautiful self.

I had a friend like Ms. Raub, minus the prostitution plans. She went through so many jobs I lost count. Every time she got the boot, it was always everyone's else fault for being jerks and morons. She was always late and also corrected everyone's grammar in a snarky way. She told one boss (someone I had known for 15 years) that he was a sexist pig and abuser over some silly joke he made about his wife. He fired her. Duh. "I had to speak up!" she told me later. "Fine", I said, "but you're the one trucking your butt down to the unemployment office, not him."  At another place "they were all crazy!" Confused images from "The Snake Pit" went through my mind. Another boss was an asshole who wore white socks and who also fired her. She asked me to get her a job. I declined.  I don't think she ever considered that SHE was the problem, either. Cutting her out of my life was the smartest thing I ever did.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

The plaintiff remarked in halterview that she was brought back to the scene by the police.  No way on Earth she left the scene of an accident and intended to return under her own steam.

Not only this, but I was pleasantly surprised that in the courtroom, the father was saying how she was punished and how she will be paying off the bill but then you get to the hallterview and the slug says the daughter shouldn't be responsible because she had the right of way?!??!!?!  How can you have the right of way when you shouldn't be in the driver's seat to begin with?  Goodbye, pleasant surprise.  Now we know why the daughter thought she could take the car without consequences.  

• Love 8
11 hours ago, DoctorK said:

Right??? As she was listing all the jobs she was "laid off" of my first thought was "Huh, maybe it's YOU!" My brother is Ms. Raub. He's been fired from 3 jobs, never his fault. What? You're not supposed to threaten your boss? Since when do I have to be on time for work? I shouldn't have to work the whole day! The excuses he would give my bamboozeled mother, and she always soothed him with "you're right son, you deserver better." Ugh, and she doesn't get why he has no friends and lives in a shithole apartment. 

14 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

I knew a woman like her years ago. She was always referring to “triggers” and “head space” and “emotional vampires”. People like her and Ms Raub act as though they’re operating on a higher plain with their pseudo zen and anyone who they conflict with is “controlling” and “an abuser”.  

Did you know my former friend?? Every relationship that ever fizzled out on her was because the man was "controlling", or "abusive". It had nothing to do with her shopping addiction and $$,$$$$ worth of credit card debt that she expected him to support. Or the fact that when she drank she became an obnoxious bitch who would start fights with strangers. Or the fact that she thought she could sleep with other men and have her guy forgive her because "I made a mistake, it was one night!".  When I finally got tired of her constant state of "poor me" and stopped returning calls and texts, I heard she told other friends I was unsupportive and selfish. Don't miss that drama.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, VartanFan said:

the father was saying how she was punished and how she will be paying off the bill but then you get to the hallterview and the slug says the daughter shouldn't be responsible because she had the right of way?!??!!?! 

He's an obsequious toady who didn't have the cojones to say that to JJ because he knew he'd get a spanking. I too wondered why he was there if he agreed that  Princess was naughty and he was laying down these heavy punishments (like what? "No FB or texting for one whole half-hour at the table!"?) and expecting her to pay for it. He looked doubly ridiculous.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

I knew a woman like her years ago. She was always referring to “triggers” and “head space” and “emotional vampires”.

Forgot to mention that. My "Ms. Raub" ex-friend used that very expression - "emotional vampires" - and I never knew what the hell she meant by that. Ugh. Luckily, words like "triggered" had not yet been invented or she would have used that too, probably, with her other outrageous reasons for why she was fired time and again.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

My "Ms. Raub" ex-friend used that very expression - "emotional vampires" - and I never knew what the hell she meant by that.

I just did a simple search on emotional vampires.  You wouldn't believe how many sites, institutions and self-help books refer to this!  I thought it sounded vaguely AA-ish, and sure enough, there is one that refers to recovery and emotional vampires!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I just did a simple search on emotional vampires.  You wouldn't believe how many sites, institutions and self-help books refer to this!  I thought it sounded vaguely AA-ish, and sure enough, there is one that refers to recovery and emotional vampires!

My husband has been in AA for a few years, and that's a new one for me.  We don't use it in Al-Anon either.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

My husband has been in AA for a few years, and that's a new one for me.  We don't use it in Al-Anon either.

2 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Good for him and good for you. I’m pretty familiar with AA myself and I’d never heard it in those circles. But I certainly understand the metaphor of someone sucking your emotions out of your body. We all know those people. One of the best parts of growing older, aside from the grey hair and crow’s feet, is the strength to terminate relationships with most of those people and the wisdom to deal with those I don’t want to terminate. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

. One of the best parts of growing older, aside from the grey hair and crow’s feet, is the strength to terminate relationships with most of those people and the wisdom to deal with those I don’t want to terminate. 

Amen x 100. I started doing just that quite a few years ago. I was unable to do this when I was younger - get rid of those who caused me stress and anger - but after I did it, I felt a huge weight lift off me. I have no regrets.

• Love 8
(edited)

Two classics on the 3 p.m. show.

The horrible woman who owned a beauty salon in a strip mall, and a minister who ran a food pantry, and church center in the strip mall, clash.   The beauty shop operator told the police that the ministry was a front for drug dealing, and other illegal activities, so the minister lost $5k funding for a summer program.    Apparently, the beauty shop woman didn't like the traffic, parking, and the people who came to the church facilities.    JJ was at her finest, asking the minister if he had the police report, and he said yes.     But JJ apparently already knew that the police report was useless, but it tricked the beauty shop owner into telling the truth, that she lied to the police, said that the man was a drug dealer, and it lost the funding for the summer program for a lot of kids.     $5,000 for the plaintiff, and applause from the audience.

Walmart Money Order Theft-Two people bought a $500 money order at Walmart, a few minutes later they discovered they had dropped the money order, and the wallet was gone, and the money order with it.     They went back to Walmart, and found it had been cashed (if he lost his wallet, where did they have the money order receipt?).      The defendant says he doesn't have a driver's license (used for ID to cash the money order), and wasn't in Walmart that day.   He is such a liar, but I suspect there's more to this case than a lost money order.  

The police apparently didn't figure out who cashed the money order, but the plaintiffs have the cashing on video from Walmart.    The plaintiff's get $500, but I suspect there is a lot more going on here than one lost money order.    

Amarion Hood, who stole a pickup truck in the middle of the night, (apparently happened in 2015, there were older postings on here from that time) went for a high speed joy ride in the middle of the night, and crashed into the plaintiff's parked car, and others.    The plaintiff is being really nice, and saying she's surprised Amarion wasn't hurt or killed.   Amarion's family is trying to claim it's not their fault, but it obviously is.     Amarion has zero remorse.    After this there were facebook postings to Ellen D.'s show.  Plaintiff only had liability, so she gets the money she needed. 

Woman sells motorcycle to other woman, but man actually had the motorcycle the whole time.    Motorcycle was repo'd by defendant, after it was discovered that the woman was lying about everything with the bike, and it was actually being driven by her boyfriend, but since it was registered to the new owner that was the new owner's right.     The plaintiff told the defendant to take the bike back, because the seller/defendant was a control freak, and expected to know every move made with the bike.    The plaintiff is told to sign the title back to the defendant, and the plaintiff gets $500 back out of her $1000 down payment, the other $500 is for the two months use of the bike.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3