Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

This couple is creeping me out, the ones who are suing the woman who was renting a room in her house to them. He's got some BS story about how he's been unemployed for two years because he's waiting for surgery on both shoulders, but he pulled a window down so hard that he broke the damn thing. His girlfriend is wearing these huge purple glasses that make her look like a space alien, and he's got a tattoo of a...spider web?, I think? on his neck above the collar of his shirt. He was in prison for two years for selling meth, and the cops were called numerous times because they fought a lot.  I just can't.

• Love 5

We need an uninsured motorist drinking game:

JJ - How long had you been without insurance when the accident happened?

Drink for "It's insured now", "Oh, no, it wasn't insured then", and for each month it wasn't insured. Chug it if it's over a year.

JJ - So you admit you were in the wrong lane/over the line/turning against the light?

Drink. Blaming the victim - chug it.

JJ - Did you get a ticket?

Drink for the traffic violation and for not having insurance. Chug if it's framed as just not showing the card.

Today's defendant would have us out cold, and she's oh so perky about all her chug-worthy answers.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

. . . and he's got a tattoo of a...spider web?, I think? on his neck above the collar of his shirt. 

It almost looks like he's wearing make-up to cover at least one tattoo over his eye - maybe one on each side.  Between his prison record and the tats, I'm thinking the shoulders are NOT why he's unemployed.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jamoche said:

Oh, please! Do you really want us to all get alchohol poisoning? But really, we need a double shot when anyone says they were "working on" getting insurance,  and a triple for "My insurance "lapped" a day (or five minutes) before the accident."

1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

This couple is creeping me out, the ones who are suing the woman who was renting a room in her house to them.

It appears he sold all the meth to her, his lying, emaciated Olive Oyl. He's nearly 30, a nothing little blob who gets money from mommy and his dipstick girlfriend, even though he likes to beat her up. She broke the window pulling it down. Oh wait, no - HE broke it, because his two crippled shoulders do not preclude him from struggling with stuck windows or doing all the "maintenence" in the house, just from looking for work.

JJ: "You could wash dishes."

ShortAssNeckTatBoy: "Oh, I do. I wash lots of dishes at home."
JJ: "FOR MONEY!"

Some people are so stupid and so worthless you wonder how they stay alive, or why.

As for "Yuuup!" def - I wouldn't be so high and mighty if I were her. Never in my life have I ever said the police were called to my house only once (as though that's something of which to be proud), due to an altercation with my boyfriend/husband or whatever and said it as though it was no big deal. Not to mention that she let those two creepy misfit fuckups move into her house - well, not her house, but you know...

• Love 5
1 minute ago, AngelaHunter said:

Oh, please! Do you really want us to all get alchohol poisoning? But really, we need a double shot when anyone says they were "working on" getting insurance,  and a triple for "My insurance "lapped" a day (or five minutes) before the accident."

Can't chug for the "lapped" people, they're too common. But at least they realize that missing insurance is something that needs an excuse. This one just tossed off a "didn't have it for a year" as if that was no big deal.

• Love 5

Eh, don't blush.  I think that girl is gorgeous and I love the purple eyeglasses!  Of course I live in LA...I get that it doesn't work in other parts of the country.

It's the boyfriend that gave it away that she is a hot mess.  Note to all tattoo-getters!  Unless you're Lenny Kravitz, or Adam Levine, or already have a signed contract with Shady, you will want a REAL job someday.

My favorite post from skullbashDaddy:

"Everyone is all judgin' n shit. Why come no one wants to hire someone who clearly makes stupid stupid dumb stupid decisions?"

well, skullbash, it's not just the tattoos, it's starting a sentence with, "Why come....?"  

But what do I know?  

• Love 4

Aren't you all glad that we were witness to yet another stunning example of facial tattoos? Between Ms. Barksdale last week and Mr. Lopez today, I don't know I can go one with my boring humdrum face tattoo-less life. Truly!

For a really good scare, stop your recording of the episode at the 7 minute mark. Right after JJ plays the air violin. There is a clear shot of his eye lid tattoos. That's right, he tattooed eye balls on his eye lids. Creepy as hell!! Besides the tattoos above his eyes that look to have been removed (don't think they are covered by make up) he has a scalp tattoo, but his hair is just thick enough that you can't quite make it out

1 hour ago, Jamoche said:

Bring it on!!

• Love 3

Some one of us with too much time on his or her hands (ha!) needs to scope out some tattoo shops and find out just how much these things cost. Maybe they are cheap!  Maybe you can get tattooed via barter! "Here, my girlfriend makes these clever "glass objects" you can have in exchange!"   Perhaps we are all being too judgmental and quick to condemn.

Nah....

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

Perhaps we are all being too judgmental and quick to condemn.

Yeah, no. If anything, I wish people who are all "you shouldn't judge many-tatted folks with multiple piercings, etc for spending that money that they could spend on other stuff!" would watch this show for a week or so and see how many of them change their minds. Yes, splurging is okay now and then, but I've seen so many people appear before Her Honor who never seem to do anything but spend their (mine/yours/whoever's) cash on such things.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

many people appear before Her Honor who never seem to do anything but spend their (mine/yours/whoever's) cash on such things.

And Byrd's money! His money goes on tats, piercings, meth and 60" TVs for homeless people! No wonder he's fed up. I feel his pain.

29 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

needs to scope out some tattoo shops and find out just how much these things cost

A quick glance shows that tat work done by professionals costs between 50/100$ and 300$ per hour. It's so nice that our litgants getting Sec8, food stamps, SSI and welfare can afford the really important things in life.

http://www.tattoo-models.net/how-much-do-tattoos-cost/

• Love 2

I was all set to enjoy a new case - new to me, anyway, but that enjoyment rapidly went down the john. It seemed that Ms.Ward was trolling the shallow end of the gene pool when she decided to have the Missing Link bestow upon her a Blessed Event. However now she has two brand spanking new little offspring with her new beau, so I guess she didn't want the big one anymore and dumped her on her Papa, Link. I don't know...  brutalized English, guns and offers to fight and hand on heart and FB battling/threats and changing stories and harrassment and restraining orders and insults and disability and live with Grandma and yadda yadda.  I was done long before this case was. The only thing I took from it was how sorry I feel for that poor seven-year old girl.

• Love 4
On 2017-06-21 at 6:50 PM, Giant Misfit said:

She also seems typical of the average know-it-all FB poster who likes to post how nice or religious they are and admonish people to behave more like them, gather a bunch of "likes," then, in real life, behave in the exact opposite manner. For instance, an acquaintance's husband who regularly would post about how any sex outside the confines of a marriage was bad (he worked for a religious organization) and was recently outed for having an ongoing affair with a co-worker, thus ending his 30-year marriage and his job. But I'm sure neither he nor Cynthia Martinelli see anything wrong with their online high-horse behavior. Because they're both psychos. 

Just watched this episode, and was so disgusted in the plaintiff. Did some googling, and found this (redacting mine), made me chuckle:

handy.JPG

• Love 1
On 2017-06-21 at 11:07 AM, AngelaHunter said:

Did no one see the deranged, violent psycho ... He was so filled with rage his face was contorting and I thought he might bite his own hand.  I truly think if Byrd hadn't been there, he might have lunged at JJ. Scary freak.

I laughed a full 3 minutes on this wording!  Did you notice the scar going from the right corner of his mouth out across his cheek? Makes me wonder if he gave himself a Joker-smile at some point. And the police report - when arrested he was 'uncooperative' and 'smearing his feces' everywhere. Zoiks!

JJ dismissed his case in such a rush, I'm pretty sure her spidey-senses were tingling and she wanted him outta there before he attacked someone; I wouldn't put it past him to bite someone's ear off.

• Love 2

There is a clear shot of his eye lid tattoos. That's right, he tattooed eye balls on his eye lids. Creepy as hell!!

Oh, god, I can't stop laughing at this, just because: you know those little plastic eye-covers you can wear while tanning, either in a booth or out under actual sunlight? When we were dumb teenagers, my sister cut eyeballs out of magazine photos--DIFFERENT eyeballs, understand--and glued them to her eye protectors. So we'd go to the beach and she'd lie there with two supermodel eyeballs, pointing in different directions but generally right up at the sun. And no one ever bothered us, who'da thunk it? :D 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Cynna said:

Just watched this episode, and was so disgusted in the plaintiff. Did some googling, and found this (redacting mine), made me chuckle:

Awesome. She felt the need to post her picture, and presumably that of her daughter, who at least was too embarassed to show her face on the show? "Oh, look how nice and sweet I am!"

9 minutes ago, Cynna said:

And the police report - when arrested he was 'uncooperative' and 'smearing his feces'

I missed that. Or blocked it out. Sheesh!

10 minutes ago, Cynna said:

Did you notice the scar going from the right corner of his mouth out across his cheek? Makes me wonder if he gave himself a Joker-smile at some point.

That's known as a "Glasgow Smile" or a "Chelsea Grin" and I'm sure he deserved it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow_smile

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, shksabelle said:

Poor Byrd already carries a heavy burden what with all the disability, Section 8, EBT, etc., but I wonder if he could dig just a little deeper and pony up $25 to buy today's defendant a bra?

Brilliant post!! And as I posted in Small Talk, loved JJ's message to Congress during that case!

• Love 4

As to today's tattoed wonder, what the heck does his neck say???? I think it says "Vaya con Dios" "Momma tried". What? I wonder if the Momma tried is in reference to the Merle Haggard song.

I turned twenty-one in prison doing life without parole.
No one could steer me right but Mama tried, Mama tried
Mama tried to raise me better, but her pleading, I denied
That leaves only me to blame 'cause Mama tried

And the face? Looks like he was attacked by a small swarm of insects. He then swatted them and left their carcasses on his cheeks as a warning to others. And spiders built webs.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, shksabelle said:

Poor Byrd already carries a heavy burden what with all the disability, Section 8, EBT, etc., but I wonder if he could dig just a little deeper and pony up $25 to buy today's defendant a bra?

OMG! Those boobs! Very trainwreck-esque, it was impossible to look away. I tried to focus on the big stain on her no contact order violating husband's shirt to keep from looking at the boobs 'o doom. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, shksabelle said:

but I wonder if he could dig just a little deeper and pony up $25 to buy today's defendant a bra?

Yes, Byrd. This is not the time to cheap out, although I'm sure the steel-girder reinforcements she'd need will be well over 25$.  I assume you are referring to "Jacalyn"? *shudder* I switched that on and switched it off PDQ, gasping in horror. Oh, God it's true - what has been seen cannot be unseen.

It's so bad lately that Springer will be asking JJ producers to scare up combative mutants for his sideshow.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Yes, Byrd. This is not the time to cheap out, although I'm sure the steel-girder reinforcements she'd need will be well over 25$.  I assume you are referring to "Jacalyn"? *shudder* I switched that on and switched it off PDQ, gasping in horror. Oh, God it's true - what has been seen cannot be unseen.

It's so bad lately that Springer will be asking JJ producers to scare up combative mutants for his sideshow.

Just for grins, I checked out Jacalyn.  She has 2 friends, no photos, no nothing.  Kind of like her mentality and supply of bras.  Nothing.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

The parents/daughter segment is all sorts of wrong. 

Agreed. There were clearly some mental challenges amongst all of them -- with the mother being the most clearly affected. Her shattered glasses just made me sad. Yeah, she got a windfall of money (probably a few thousand) and decided to spend it all on a TV and some other dumb shit, and never thought to maybe get herself a new pair? That kind of poor decision making should have been addressed maybe instead of shaming all of them about being moochers. I loved JJ's excitement that someone new was going to take over Social Security Disability and was nearly wickedly licking her lips anticipating their checks disappearing in a poof of legislation so that they can all go get well-paying jobs to pay their rents. Don't worry, JJ! It's gonna happen! And when you and Byrd no longer have to pay for their rent, or any other poor person's rent, you and Byrd can start paying every member of Congress' rent. In JJ's "America," I suppose subsidizing people who make over $170k a year would probably be just fine with her.

That whole episode made me sick. Not just because those poor, challenged people probably have super shitty lives, partly due to their issues, partly due to circumstances beyond their control, but also because they don't need some rage-boner lecture from some woman making $35 million a year acting like the $20 of her tax money a month that goes to "pay their rent" is taking her sushi lunch out of her mouth. 

I honestly thought twice about ever watching this show again after that segment. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

The parents/daughter segment is all sorts of wrong. 

Obviously the parents have limited mental capacity and passed whatever strange scrambled egg DNA onto the daughter.  It is very sad that there isn't support or resources enough to help these disadvantaged people.  Yes, they all receive disability payments but without giving them life skills training, or parenting skills or job training, those checks mean next to nothing.  We will continue to see a parade of unfortunate souls.  First lesson I'd offer low functioning couples is "Just because your IQ is 50, and his IQ is 50 does not guarantee your offspring will have an IQ of 100."

Not to get too deep into politics, but if these various assistance systems actually managed the funds properly and kept a better watch on who is receiving it, where is it being spent, etc, those agencies could potentially do more for more people in need.  I agree with JJ that if you are in jail, your personal disability or welfare funds or housing allowances stop until you get out.  If your child or spouse needs the SSI/SDI income, they should be able to file on their own account.  I know it's a very complex issue that can't be solved on a forum, but I think most reasonable people agree that 1) there are people who need assistance (housing/food/training whatever) & 2) the current system has been broken for decades & over many administrations (R & D).

Forgot to add - yet for all the lack of IQ, Mom & Dad (and their kid) were savvy enough to have figured out a way to get free utilities via opening different user accounts.  So smart enough to take advantage of the system, but not smart enough to find a job mopping & sweeping outside of jail....or to stay the hell out of jail? 

Edited by BusyOctober
  • Love 9
(edited)

Did the daughter use the word "wrotten" instead of "written" at some point?  And I couldn't figure out if the mother was actually a step-mother, because she had a different last name (Whitmore) from the daughter and father (Evans).  I don't think Byrd has to pay for her new bras; she can just use the money she spends on yellow hair dye.

Edited by Sarcastico
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Sarcastico said:

Did the daughter use the word "wrotten" instead of "written" at some point?  And I couldn't figure out if the mother was actually a step-mother, because she had a different last name (Whitmore) from the daughter and father (Evans).  I don't think Byrd has to pay for her new bras; she can just use the money she spends on yellow hair dye.

One of the first lessons they teach in "how to work the system for your financial benefit" is this:  Don't get married.  Single mothers earn more benefits than married women with deadbeat husbands.

• Love 3
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:42 AM, AZChristian said:

One of the first lessons they teach in "how to work the system for your financial benefit" is this:  Don't get married.  Single mothers earn more benefits than married women with deadbeat husbands.

Yes, and the single mothers can sneak their baby daddies - one of them anyway, or maybe they're on rotation -  into the subsidized housing to live for free (while getting his mail at another address) and further parasitize taxpayers.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:29 AM, Sarcastico said:

Did the daughter use the word "wrotten" instead of "written" at some point?  And I couldn't figure out if the mother was actually a step-mother, because she had a different last name (Whitmore) from the daughter and father (Evans). 

I'm sure she did say "wroten."  It's at the bottom of the dictionary page that starts with "tooken." As for the names: Seeing a family - married parents and their offspring - all with the same name - is rarer than hen's teeth (as my mother used to say) on this show. Seeing ANY siblings, even if there are only two of them,  with the same baby daddy is nearly as rare, well, except for that Sainted Single Mother who continued letting a man she despised knock her up her so the kids would all have the same sperm donor.

Different subject, but why do most people on this show talk as though hotels are their permanent resisdence? They all say, "I stay" instead of "I live" at, e.g. 1234 Main Street. The only time I ever use "I stay" (or "stayed") is/was "whenever" I go on vacation and stay at a motel or hotel.

Edited by AngelaHunter
OMG - Their, they're - I need to stop reading fanfic!
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Obviously the parents have limited mental capacity and passed whatever strange scrambled egg DNA onto the daughter.  It is very sad that there isn't support or resources enough to help these disadvantaged people.  Yes, they all receive disability payments but without giving them life skills training, or parenting skills or job training, those checks mean next to nothing.  We will continue to see a parade of unfortunate souls.  First lesson I'd offer low functioning couples is "Just because your IQ is 50, and his IQ is 50 does not guarantee your offspring will have an IQ of 100."

Not to get too deep into politics, but if these various assistance systems actually managed the funds properly and kept a better watch on who is receiving it, where is it being spent, etc, those agencies could potentially do more for more people in need.  I agree with JJ that if you are in jail, your personal disability or welfare funds or housing allowances stop until you get out.  If your child or spouse needs the SSI/SDI income, they should be able to file on their own account.  I know it's a very complex issue that can't be solved on a forum, but I think most reasonable people agree that 1) there are people who need assistance (housing/food/training whatever) & 2) the current system has been broken for decades & over many administrations (R & D).

Forgot to add - yet for all the lack of IQ, Mom & Dad (and their kid) were savvy enough to have figured out a way to get free utilities via opening different user accounts.  So smart enough to take advantage of the system, but not smart enough to find a job mopping & sweeping outside of jail....or to stay the hell out of jail? 

Agree 100%

(edited)

Angie, this came up a few years ago.  Southerners seem to have a place where they live and a place where they stay. Sometimes they are the same place, but usually not. Her Ladyship, to whom the U.S. means NYC, Palm Beach, and Hollywood, has been baffled many times by Southern contestants on her show who try to explain to her that where they live is not where they stay.  Obviously, this family was not Southern but whenever I hear litigants differentiate between "live" and "stay" they seem to be from the South.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- because it was good then, and it's good now: build a brick wall around the South and you've got the world's biggest lunatic asylum.

Edited by Sarcastico
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Sarcastico said:

Angie, this came up a few years ago.  Southerners seem to have a place where they live and a place where they stay. Sometimes they are the same place, but usually not. Her Ladyship, to whom the U.S. means NYC, Palm Beach, and Hollywood, has been baffled many times by Southern contestants on her show who try to explain to her that where they live is not where they stay.  Obviously, this family was not Southern but whenever I hear litigants differentiate between "live" and "stay" they seem to be from the South.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- because it was good then, and it's good now: build a brick wall around the South and you've got the world's biggest lunatic asylum.

What?!? Are you being serious or sarcastic?

• Love 1
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Sarcastico said:

Southerners seem to have a place where they live and a place where they stay. Sometimes they are the same place, but usually not.

And there are people who can make sense of this?  I may not be a Lady but I cannot and actually most of the litigants I recall saying this weren't from the south, IIRC, but from all over the US. Except CA. I think.

The only thing that JJ seems to never have learned is that everyone from WI and MN says "borrow" instead of "loan." One hallterview still cracks me up if I happen to think of it: "When you borrow someone a car... "

3 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

So smart enough to take advantage of the system, but not smart enough to find a job mopping & sweeping outside of jail....or to stay the hell out of jail? 

Stay out of jail? Being arrested and incarcerated is a normal part of life for most of these people - an inconvenient but accepted side effect of the way they lchoose to live their lives.

ETA: lovesnark?

Very trainwreck-esque, it was impossible to look away.

Trainwreck-esque! Love and will use in future!

Edited by AngelaHunter
19 hours ago, lovesnark said:

OMG! Those boobs! Very trainwreck-esque, it was impossible to look away. I tried to focus on the big stain on her no contact order violating husband's shirt to keep from looking at the boobs 'o doom. 

The one day I miss an episode. But the descriptions are priceless!

• Love 2
(edited)

Okay, so I just got around to "Kristopher" and I need help.  Maybe there's something wrong with me, but for some reason I can't imagine meeting ol' Kris, venonmous, malignant,repulsive vile tatted freak who looks for all the world like the bad guy in "The Mask" after he put the mask on (okay, except maybe Kris has less neck, making me wonder how the artist fitted all those tats on it and he's not green, but still...) and two months later taking out an 8500$ loan to buy a motorcycle for him and his brain dead girlfriend - who of course is in the medical field - to plant their asses on. How can this be? Sarah - attractive, hard-working and who had enough in her head to be a dental assistant for many years -  what short-circuited in her brain? Someone, please explain this to me because I cannot wrap my head around it.  IS Sarah craftier than she seems, and thought they would make a big profit on this BS bike story? That's hard to imagine, since she seemed to have difficulty at least once answering a simple question. On the positive side, she's one of the few litigants who had a witness who was of some use.

What's happening in the world when that ill-tempered, revolting POS has two dumb blondes dancing attendance on him? I need to know.

P.S. It was satisfying when JJ asked "What did he say?" and Byrd was only too happy to repeat the snotty idiocy coming from Tat-Boy so he could throw him out.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4

What's happening in the world when that ill-tempered, revolting POS has two dumb blondes dancing attendance on him?

I loved Kris' witness, who tried to testify to his general character. I mean, she had nothing specific to say related to the case "He is very resourceful, and if needed money he..."  And then Judy cut her off. 

• Love 2
(edited)
22 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

It was satisfying when JJ asked "What did he say?" and Byrd was only too happy to repeat the snotty idiocy coming from Tat-Boy so he could throw him out.

He was factually correct, but he made a tactical mistake.

Yes, JJ has a habit of brusquely interrupting litigants; it is a common behaviour used by bullies to disrupt the train of thoughts in people who are not used to speaking in public or who are easily rattled. Not only does it allow JJ to bully the litigants, it also reasserts that she is the undisputed power in her courtroom and that it is, in all things, always all about her. She may claim it is to challenge the pre-scripted stories some people may have rehearsed in advance, but it is only natural for ordinary people who do not appear daily on TV or in a courtroom to prepare themselves in advance. Making frequent interruptions does not work with me but I have seen it put into practice often enough in meetings or in hearings to recognize it.

It can be counteracted when there is an impartial chair overseeing debates, but there is no such objective presence in JJ's courtroom and he should have known better than to challenge her divine power by commenting on it. Not that he had any chance of getting anything on his claim anyway.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 4

I liked the bedbugs-at-the-trailer-park case today.  Just when you thought the defendant was a deadbeat, we  find out that the trailer park owners not only made money on the trailer he signed over to them, but that they were negligent in getting the bedbug problem eradicated park-wide.  Yes, lady, while the bedbugs don't pack a suitcase, they can easily jump on a pant leg or a shoe and travel throughout your edenic park.  Both the defendant and his witness had emiliorated the problem in their trailer, and the owners deserved the social media scorn heaped upon them.

I give this five strikes of the gavel on five separate bedbugs.

• Love 8

The trailer park bedbug case pissed me off.  Yeah, she dismissed the nasty greedy plaintiff, but she didn't award anything to the poor defendant.  He hadn't made a counterclaim, I guess. 

And AGAIN she said to the defendant: "Ah-Move!".  Yeah, sure Judy.  A guy who doesn't have two nickels to rub together and can only afford rent in a 19 lot trailer park probably doesn't have a lot of extra cash.  Unlike YOU, Judge Judy in your zillion-dollar penthouse! Most people cannot afford to just Ah-Move!  God, she needs to retire.

• Love 10

I made the mistake of watching Ms. Glover, suing her incoherent boyfriend/baby daddy for a 2K loan. She's 24, looks 40 and is a "college student" who got the money to give him when she got her 'taxes back" and who cannot speak the most basic English: "We wuz still sleepin' together"(Trust me, Ms. Glover - no one wanted to know that) and "Me and him went... " So I guess from now on, we'll have a variety of professionals who speak this way? JJ knew baby daddy/def was telling the truth because he's not bright enough to make something up. The lying Ms. Glover gets the ol' heave-ho.

2 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

I was mesmerized by the defendant's eyes though. They were so dead looking yet so expressive also with the blinking and false eyelashes. I do think the defendant bamboozled the plaintiff.

Weird. Yes, plaintiff was bamboozled, but she signed the paper agreeing to that so she's out of luck. I have a feeling defendant threw a few of plaintiff's dollars in the direction of PR man. Why else would he be there to help her, if he got shafted too?

Trailer park denizens: Less said, the faster I can put it and them out of mind. Just the word "bedbugs" creeps me out big time. Ewww.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Brattinella said:

And AGAIN she said to the defendant: "Ah-Move!".  Yeah, sure Judy.  A guy who doesn't have two nickels to rub together and can only afford rent in a 19 lot trailer park probably doesn't have a lot of extra cash.  Unlike YOU, Judge Judy in your zillion-dollar penthouse! Most people cannot afford to just Ah-Move!  God, she needs to retire.

She is an atrocious elitist. How dare she tell those poor people to "ah-MOVE" when, you're right, they don't have two nickels to rub together? I felt sorry for them both and wished they had filed countersuits. 

41 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

She is an atrocious elitist. How dare she tell those poor people to "ah-MOVE" when, you're right, they don't have two nickels to rub together? I felt sorry for them both and wished they had filed countersuits. 

Y'know, I don't make 34 million dollars a year, and while I sometimes feel sorry for the litigants who appear on the show, I way more often wonder how the hell any of these people get out of the house in the mornings. Eight out of ten times JJ deals with people who are getting various benefits (section 8, food stamps, disability, what have you) and seventy percent of the time those people seem able-bodied, just too lazy to do much of anything for themselves. Is Her Honor an elitist? Yeah, probably, but then I guess I am too, and I'm not rich. Hard to hold it against her when I'm usually left wondering what base stupidity these folks get up to when they aren't on camera trying to look moderately presentable.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Yeah, probably, but then I guess I am too, and I'm not rich. Hard to hold it against her when I'm usually left wondering what base stupidity these folks get up to when they aren't on camera trying to look moderately presentable

I've been poor but I've never been rich either, but neither have I parasitized the public or spent my days running around looking for more ways to get money, housing, food, phones, etc, none of which I earned or paid for.

• Love 8