Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

China/Floridatown My sister/my cousin, my sister/my cousin. My best friend/my pimp, my best friend/my pimp. My best friend's mother/the lady who hangs out at the bus station recruiting wayward young women... 

People really need to use birth control. 

• Love 10

My best friend/my pimp, my best friend/my pimp. My best friend's mother/the lady who hangs out at the bus station recruiting wayward young women...

Pretty much. No wonder JJ found it all "unsavory".  But really, it's all okay, except for the fact that a five year old girl is being moved around from New York/Penn./FL/dad/sister/cousin/pimp and who knows where else. 

• Love 3

People really need to use birth control.

I saw a rerun from 2011/12 yesterday where the 21 year old plaintiff was suing her "baby daddy" for a loan/rent/child support.  The young lady said her children were 2, 1 and 4 months old and she was a "student" at an online college. She was apparently having a baby every ten months or so.  The plaintiff was a nice looking, tall brunet, who seemed to have had some education, while the plaintiff, who have 2-3 other children, looked like a reject from the Jersey Shore.  How the hell do these women keep having kids with unemployed losers?  I don't understand.  Judge Judy gave them the "you have enough children" sermon and "Byrd and I are taking care of your kids speech" but I'm sure by now each of these litigants have added to the population growth.  So sad ....

• Love 5

OMG!  Anyone else get the Ricky/Roxanne co-sign loan hoopty car case???  New or old?  My description doesn't match, but it looks like a new one.  Holy smokes. Loved Roxanne agreeing that, "Yes, there is something wrong with me!" 

I was afraid our favorite judge was going to have a coronary!

ETA: Watching the Ms. Bisbal case now.  Wow.  A good day for blood pressure meds! Cracked me up when JJ was quizzing the plaintiffs about psychiatric histories. Hee!   I think that hair is available at Walmart in the Halloween aisle.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 3

One of today's reruns had an especially bizarre-looking defendant in a wig that must have come from the Halloween Superstore. S6bziaT.jpg

She put up a deceptive ad about a Daytona Beach vacation rental. A couple from several states away saw the ad and the photos and agreed to rent the place. When they arrived, they saw that the place was a pigsty - boxspring without mattress, no ocean view that was advertised, overall gross.  In the Hallterview, the plaintiff said that the unit looked like something from Rwanda or Somalia (he was an Army vet).

I wondered what Ms. Bisbal was trying to hide, wearing that Miss Piggy wig. I should be doing my work, but I can say it's lunchtime...so I googled, and oooooooohhhh!!!  I found some good dirt!

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1992-06-23/news/9202150947_1_prostitution-ring-lewd-act-plea

• Love 6

I wondered what Ms. Bisbal was trying to hide, wearing that Miss Piggy wig. I should be doing my work, but I can say it's lunchtime...so I googled, and oooooooohhhh!!!  I found some good dirt!

http://articles.sun-...g-lewd-act-plea

Well the hair makes more sense now. (Great minds, CWL!)  Blech.  18-month old daughter??  People like that make me wish I had a paint ball gun to shoot at my TV.  Blammo!!!

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 3

That article was from 1992.  The daughter would now be over forty.  We can only hope she got away from her parents at an early age.

The daughter would be about 25, but I agree with your hope that she escaped. Thanks for catching the date of the article because it explains why Miss Piggy wig-wearer looks nowhere near 28.

• Love 2

The defendants in the first case were haunting -- a mother with face tats and a daughter whose eyes nearly burned holes through my television screen. This case had a bunch of cheap computers, overpriced "memorabilia," an imprisoned daughter who robbed the Chief of Police's home, and a doubting Judge Judy. The defendants heckled JJ when she was trying to get the hell away from all of them.

Second case - The baby-faced defendant met her much-older love over the romantic flames of a barbecue. Although their perfectly coordinated outfits in the courtroom said differently, the litigants were no longer an item. Their relationship was now the equivalent of potato salad that has spent 8 hours in the sun...all due to the defendant's repeated accidents (once while drunk, once while unlicensed). Her hallterview statement makes me wonder how she had time for BBQ.

Episode #2 -- I had a conference call for work.  :(

• Love 2

Damn, the cases today had Defendants who had bad cases of Bitchface:

1st case - Need More Limon Pledge: So this middle-aged chick who was Russian or Some Kind of a Spanish sued one of her tenants and claimed he hit her. She...looks like the type of chick who thinks he would hit her. Whatever.

2nd case - I got nothing: Chick with big boobs sues chick who might likes to toss 'em back for her insurance deductible-plus. That was a short case.

3rd case - I got nothing: So this lady is taking care of her methhead son's kids because he moved to FLORIDA (for real, y'all, what's with Florida?), and then she paid for his baby mama's son's restitution because of criminal mischief. This dude...looked like trouble. He looked like he Sebastian from Cruel Intentions or some shit. I can tell he's gonna be a heartbreaker. Nice looking kid with a cruel look on his face. Actually, with a name like Kale Trimble, he probably needs to go to Hollywood and be on...some show that comes on The CW. Vampire Virgin Gossip Girl Diaries iHeartRadio or some shit.

4th case - Old Lady in the Straw: It looked like two septuagenarians talking about millennial technology. The lady wanted to be reimbursed for her personal material on the computer and she tried to put a monetary value on it. The niece had TOTAL BITCHFACE and apparently told her the only thing she was going to get was a straw to suck her...I mean damn. That was some empty shit, wasn't it? I may have to use that, but you don't talk to people like that...especially when they loaned you their shit and you let someone fuck it up. I think JJ should've given her something. It seemed like she didn't ask for the photos and whatever else she had because she anticipated getting the computer back. That wasn't the smartest move, but it seemed like she was trying to do something nice and got burned by Sabrina the Teenage Bitch and her Sailor Jerry-tattoos-having mother.

5th case - -Insert OJ Simpson/20th Anniversary Joke Here-: I knew the Defendant was trouble when she walked in...so shame on me now. I believe he didn't know her license was suspended. She probably didn't say anything about it because she wanted to keep using his car to find a new lace front. That dude doesn't have any business with Fat Iggy Azalea anyway. She should've had to have paid for driving...if anyone would've known for certain, it would've been her. But I'm sure she figures she's too Fancy for that bullshit. So she's gonna make him Beg For It like a Black Widow. Yeah, I just went Mad-Libs on y'alls ass.

Also:

I may not be 27.

I may not be bored.

I may be a stank, ratchet ass ho.

But I know I'm at an increased risk of stroke due to AFib.

So I need Eliquis.

• Love 9

Actually, with a name like Kale Trimble, he probably needs to go to Hollywood and be on...some show that comes on The CW.

Okay, as much as I've been thrown off and "discombobulated"  by the time change for JJ, I'm definitely going to watch this tonight. The CW? Bwahaha!

• Love 1

The daughter would be about 25, but I agree with your hope that she escaped. Thanks for catching the date of the article because it explains why Miss Piggy wig-wearer looks nowhere near 28.

LOL!!  Dear me, I've left brain cells all over the mid-west.  I made the kid 18 yrs old instead of 18 mos.

Edited by momtoall
  • Love 1

3rd case - I got nothing: So this lady is taking care of her methhead son's kids because he moved to FLORIDA (for real, y'all, what's with Florida?), 

I can attest -- I live in Florida and am continuously grossed out by the overabundance of methfaces, deadbeats, and weirdos. I'm originally from Philly, so it's not like I had never seen down-and-out folks. So, whenever there are pariahs on JJ, and they say they're from FL, I'm like "of course you are." 

• Love 4

I live in Florida and am continuously grossed out by the overabundance of methfaces, deadbeats, and weirdos.

I also live in Florida,but up in the panhandle. We have our share of meth heads, crack heads and other assorted trash but I think we are not as overrun with them as lower Florida.

• Love 3

I'm so confused. I now get THREE JJs per day, and there's reruns mixed in with new.

One I had definitely not seen is Henry. We've seen lots of dirty old men on this show, but Henry is the veritable king of dirty old men. Old bastard is 64, and his live-in pump, a 22 year old jailbird tootsie who had the look of a corrupted child, and who made a career of being of being a pump. Grandpa Henry seemed not embarassed in the least when it was revealed he started jumping her when she was 19. Whole thing made me slightly queasy.

Angel and Angel's mom: Loved Mom sporting an off-the-shoulder, ruffled peasant blouse that displayed the  many, many tats hat adorned her huge arms. Her hair almost, but not quite, hid the tats on her FACE. Good lord. What a bunch we had today.

• Love 9

I'm so confused. I now get THREE JJs per day, and there's reruns mixed in with new.

One I had definitely not seen is Henry. We've seen lots of dirty old men on this show, but Henry is the veritable king of dirty old men. Old bastard is 64, and his live-in pump, a 22 year old jailbird tootsie who had the look of a corrupted child, and who made a career of being of being a pump. Grandpa Henry seemed not embarassed in the least when it was revealed he started jumping her when she was 19. Whole thing made me slightly queasy.

Angel and Angel's mom: Loved Mom sporting an off-the-shoulder, ruffled peasant blouse that displayed the  many, many tats hat adorned her huge arms. Her hair almost, but not quite, hid the tats on her FACE. Good lord. What a bunch we had today.

And don't forget Angel herself, who had the MOST evil smirk and the stink-eye extraordinaire!

• Love 4

I'd never seen Henry's case before either. I felt like I needed a shower after watching it. I guess 64 does go into 22. A little age difference isn't a big deal, but what the hell would the two of them talk about? I have a coworker who is 22. We did happy hour a couple of times, and we had nothing in common. I get that he's not with her for witty conversation, but what do they do the other 23 hours and 58 minutes of the day?
  • Love 5

I'm not sure what's up with the schedule, but I got the Bosnian landlord who needed (?) an interpreter claiming the tenant assaulted her and ruined a mattress (not in that order but still...). AND I got Henry the 65 year old with a 22 year old "girlfriend".

• Love 3

little age difference isn't a big deal, but what the hell would the two of them talk about?

Talk? Somehow I don't think Henry installed The Bad Seed in his residence for her conversational skills.;)  All kidding aside, I wonder the same thing and especially when I see middleaged women with toyboys. I do not get it and never will. Yeah, I know they can go all night, but for some strange reason I require a little more than that.

And don't forget Angel herself

The ironically named Angel! Did I hear right, that the girl is 17?? Scary.

I also got the Bosnian landlord, and the weird car case with the plantiff all decked out to hit a street corner after the show. I forgot about her because JJ gave her a very rapid heave-ho.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4

The episode descriptions in my on-screen guide are not matching the episodes that are airing. Therefore, when I had my DVR set to tape new episodes only, it was actually taping old ones. So I changed it to record all episodes. I'm getting four a day, but they rarely match the descriptions. This was also a problem last year when new episodes starting airing. They got it straightened out after a few weeks.

• Love 1

I am already HATING the 17-yr old defendant in the first case, 4 minutes in!  Smirky nasty thing!

Angel, who hails from my hometown of Largo, Florida! I had to rewind to show the caption to my husband who nearly fell off the couch laughing.

• Love 2

The episode descriptions in my on-screen guide are not matching the episodes that are airing. Therefore, when I had my DVR set to tape new episodes only, it was actually taping old ones. So I changed it to record all episodes. I'm getting four a day, but they rarely match the descriptions. This was also a problem last year when new episodes starting airing. They got it straightened out after a few weeks.

Ditto here. I get the same two descriptions twice a day, but 4 different eps.  And hard to tell which ones were described!  If these are reruns, they at least have picked some gems. And isn't that sad just all on its own....

As many a teacher will tell you, seeing kids named "Angel," "Christian"  and "Heaven" on the roster is rarely a good sign.  #don'tmisspublicschool

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 4
Angel and Angel's mom: Loved Mom sporting an off-the-shoulder, ruffled peasant blouse that displayed the many, many tats hat adorned her huge arms. Her hair almost, but not quite, hid the tats on her FACE.

ON. HER. FACE. I'm sure she's gainfully employed in a high-skilled job.

Her daughter Angel (because of course her name is Angel and no doubt has a half-sister [because there's no doubt another baby daddy] named Tammy or Krystal) was a garbage human.

Yesterday we got a rerun featuring Roxanne and Rick Cash from Missouri who were being sued by one of Roxanne's former teachers they scammed into co-signing a car loan. Anyway, highly recommend Googling their names and reading the Topix thread about them ... when meth heads use the Internet, hilarity ensues!

Omg that limousine company owner was a nasty piece of work.

What a disgusting, nasty, lying little slimeball. "I thought he had half a brain." Well, HE'S the one hiring people with only half a brain.  "My deductible is 2K!" And whose fault is that, you little gremlin? So glad def won.

Hated and detested that bitch who was going to let her little dog suffer and die so she could make her car payment, go to the hairdresser and buy clothes. What utter bullshit.  

• Love 8

I would like to focus on the Angel laptop case.  I hated the way Judge Judy handled this one.  She focused on the pictures on the laptop and not believing they existed and that the laptop was old, so it had little value. 

Let's start with the pictures.  JJ spent the majority of the hearing sorting out the plaintiff's computers and who used the laptop, trying for her patented I gotcha in a lie moment, so I am not going to believe anything you say.  As JJ was unable to actually catch the plaintiff in a lie, she just decided she was not going to believe her regarding the pictures.  But the pictures were just a tangent and she shouldn't have been wasting her time on them. 

Because JJ believes the plaintiff should have kept important pictures on another computer or forwarded them to another computer, she didn't believe that the plaintiff had pictures on the laptop.  Why are we focusing on the pictures in the first place?  The plaintiff was ridiculous in asking for a high award based on the loss of the pictures, but why was she not believed that the pictures were lost?  Just because plaintiff should have moved the pictures, does not mean she did or thought of doing it or that they didn't exist.  Many people don't backup important pictures and files, does that mean that because they should have backed them up they can't be lost?  The borrowing seemed to happen quickly and maybe the plaintiff never got the chance or didn't have enough computer savvy to think of making the transfer.  If there were a lot of pictures, a person isn't going to attach hundreds of pictures to emails and forward, JJ.  Though there are other transfer methods, JJ never mentioned them, so she might not know them and, likewise, the plaintiff might not know these methods or have the equipment or know-how to make such a transfer.  In addition, if the laptop is being borrowed, the pictures will be coming back to her, so no need to transfer.  I didn't like that because the plaintiff's actions didn't fit into how JJ would behave with her iPad, then must be a lie.  JJ should have simply said, "If the pictures are irreplaceable, how is giving you more money going to help replace them?"  

Then, since JJ knows that older computers are worthless, the plaintiff got nothing.  It was obvious Angel damaged the laptop.  The laptop was good enough for Angel to borrow, so it had some value.  The laptop had value to the plaintiff, as it was hers and she might not have JJ money to buy a new one every few years like Jerry suggests.  Though the value might have been minimal, it had some value and a small judgment in her favor should have reflected that fact.  Would $100 for an older laptop be out of line or the $176 she paid to fix the damage Angel caused?  Judge Marilyn would have done some rough justice and awarded something, not nothing because the laptop had no value in Judyworld.  That the repair of the laptop didn't make sense in JJ's cost-benefit analysis, also worked against the plaintiff.  JJ ignores that the plaintiff would be willing to pay $176 to fix what she considers to be HER computer and that she probably would not be able to purchase another laptop for $176.  Similar to the breast pump case.  In my opinion, if you borrow something, you are supposed to return it in working order even if JJ thinks the item is stupid or without value.  If not, you have to pay something.  The laptop had value to the plaintiff, it was hers, it worked, it wasn't that old, and the defendant was nasty about the whole thing.  Plaintiff not prevailing to some small degree, even if symbolically, was just wrong. 

Why was Angel allowed to get away with being vindictive in damaging the laptop and being a nasty piece of work to a relative nice enough to lend her something when she needed it?  Angel and the mom didn't even have to explain their actions.  I gathered they were going to claim that they had the laptop a long time, so it wasn't borrowed.  Not returning something doesn't create ownership.  If it was not borrowed, why then was it returned?  Why did Angel feel the need to password protect the laptop upon its return?  I assume to hide damage done.  If it was given to her to keep, she would not have returned it or password protected it.  Why didn't Angel have to explain and be made to look like the nasty piece even more than she was already shown to be by her actions, attitude, and demeanor?  Just didn't like that Angel got away with that behavior. 

Angel and the mom even got away with yelling at JJ about not hearing their counterclaim and complaining about their traveling to be heard.  JJ didn't hear them out, but she didn't put them in their place, either. 

Overall, a poorly handled case by JJ, IMO.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 19

Disgusting Angel should have had to pay punitive damages.  A hundred dollars for every smug smirk in court would have been good, too.

BTW, on one of today's cases, a guy giving a halterview said "I just want it set in stone, Han Solo shot first".  What was that all about?  Maybe I need to pay more attention.

• Love 5

Omg that limousine company owner was a nasty piece of work. Thank God Judge Judy had his number right away.

I was slack-jawed by some of his comments. I noticed folks in the audience were, too. His machismo was showing. Just straight disrespectful to JJ. I wondered how he was going to resume his normal life after the vile generalities he made about limo drivers. Surely his employees caught the show.

There was also the case of the woman who hired her cousin-in-law to do some commercial driving. He didn't have a license, got pulled over running a red light, auto was impounded. The plantiff seemed to be lying about having ever asked him outright if he had a license. Meanwhile, cousin didn't get the memo: 'Go with the bit so I can get paid by JJ because your broke ass will never have enough money to pay me back.' I felt bad that the woman's husband was caught in the middle.

• Love 2

One I had definitely not seen is Henry. We've seen lots of dirty old men on this show, but Henry is the veritable king of dirty old men. Old bastard is 64, and his live-in pump, a 22 year old jailbird tootsie who had the look of a corrupted child, and who made a career of being of being a pump. Grandpa Henry seemed not embarassed in the least when it was revealed he started jumping her when she was 19. Whole thing made me slightly queasy.

22?!? I'm going to need to see some identification. ("Show me the receipts." ---Whitney Houston, RIP. ) Talk about rode hard & put away wet.

• Love 4

BTW, on one of today's cases, a guy giving a halterview said "I just want it set in stone, Han Solo shot first".  What was that all about?  Maybe I need to pay more attention.

It's a geek thing. In the original Star Wars movies, Han Solo shot first in the bar scene. When Lucas put out the special editions, he tweeked the seen so Greedo shot first so Han could be more "heroic" or something. It's a big thing for many geeks, but why someone would shout it out on JJ I have no idea.

As for the computer case, I think they may have been better off taking that case to the People's Court. JJ just doesn't get technology. Her fishing for a gotcha moment by asking who used what computers in the household shows that. Granted I'm a geek, but I regularly use 2 computers every day in my household, and (if you count a tablet and my smart phone) I'm using 4 computers; and I live alone.

My parents, who are not geeks, have a tablet and a laptop they use at home; what one they use basically depends on what they want to do and what's handiest at hand.

Basically, the questions JJ was asking didn't make any sense to me, since the use cases the litigants were saying made sense to me. (Though on the flip side, I also toss most of my stuff into the Google Cloud nowadays, so if either of my computers goes down, I'll be annoyed but I don't lose anything)

• Love 7

I wondered how he was going to resume his normal life after the vile generalities he made about limo drivers. Surely his employees caught the show.

"Limo drivers will do anything for a 5$ tip." Mr. Nikkoo should know, since he was one, as khyber demonstrated. Imagine what kind of ride from hell you'd get with him? Angry, surly, rude little man.

• Love 8

Eliquis? Don't take that shit; it can KILL YOU! Stick to Warfarin/Coumadin. Seriously.

LOL. I appreciate the concern. But I was just joking on those commercials where the old dudes are like "I know I'm not blah, but I'm at an increased risk of stroke due to A-Fib". Eliquis sounds like a discontinued line of sedans by Ford from the 80s.

Edited by 27bored
  • Love 3

It's a geek thing. In the original Star Wars movies, Han Solo shot first in the bar scene. When Lucas put out the special editions, he tweeked the seen so Greedo shot first so Han could be more "heroic" or something. It's a big thing for many geeks, but why someone would shout it out on JJ I have no idea.

Well, he was on TV. I have bigger issue with the editors keeping it in.

• Love 3

My DVR rebelled (or maybe tried to save me) so I only got one ep.  The limo guy was obnoxious.  His employees must be really desperate to work for him.  Zoned out on the next case.

I have been a JJ fan from day one (much to my husband's chagrin).  I would love to have past years on DVD.

• Love 4

Because JJ believes the plaintiff should have kept important pictures on another computer or forwarded them to another computer, she didn't believe that the plaintiff had pictures on the laptop.  Why are we focusing on the pictures in the first place?  The plaintiff was ridiculous in asking for a high award based on the loss of the pictures, but why was she not believed that the pictures were lost?  Just because plaintiff should have moved the pictures, does not mean she did or thought of doing it or that they didn't exist.

I was disappointed with JJ on this one too.  I could see the plaintiff not removing the pictures because she expected to get the laptop back at some point because she only loaned it to the defendant.  If she sold it then yes she would want to transfer the pictures.  I thought plaintiff should have gotten something even if just for the fact the defendant was such a smug little bitch.

• Love 10
JJ ignores that the plaintiff would be willing to pay $176 to fix what she considers to be HER computer and that she probably would not be able to purchase a laptop for $176

That was ridiculous.  I once sent a laptop to a clean room and agreed to pay $800.00 f they could recover the hard drive.  It was all about the content, not the "machine".  

JJ can't handle tech cases or construction cases because she simply doesn't understand either.  When she doesn't savvy something, she gets pissed and takes it out on the litigants.

• Love 12

Granted I'm a geek, but I regularly use 2 computers every day in my household, and (if you count a tablet and my smart phone) I'm using 4 computers; and I live alone.

I'm not really a computer geek and I have a desktop, two laptops (both of which I use for work), an Ipad, a smart phone and two Kindles (which I don't use since I got the Ipad). Different devices for different reasons.  I just wanted to smash Angel in her awfully pointed cruel face. What a mean looking girl. And her mother looked like a rough woman too - the kind that drives a school bus during the day and works as a bartender at night in a dive bar. 

Thanks for explaining the Hans Solo thing. . . I rolled it back a few times and was trying to figure it out. 

Oh, that lovely limo driver. . . I'm sure he will have a plethora of applicants to want to be humiliated and abused by him in the very near future. And I certainly would "reject his advances" myself. 

• Love 6

I'm not really a computer geek and I have a desktop, two laptops (both of which I use for work), an Ipad, a smart phone and two Kindles (which I don't use since I got the Ipad). Different devices for different reasons.  

I live alone, and I have a Windows desktop, and iPad air, an Android tab, an Asus Transformer, a Windows Tab, and a Galaxy Note Edge smart phone. I'm far from a geek. Like you said, I use different devices for different things. JJ will never be able to understand the tech cases, so her producers should stop bringing them on the show. The litigants always get short shrift.

I remember a case a few years ago in which a woman was suing to get back her PlayStation from her ex-boyfriend, who'd taken it when he moved out. JJ dismissed her case because females don't play video games, so she obviously had bought it as a gift for her boyfriend. Does anyone else remember that one? I don't even play video games, and I was livid with JJ about that comment. Way to enforce gender roles and stereotypes.

• Love 10

OMG Teebax - just remembering that one got my hackles up all over again.

"Girls don't play with video games" yet being a stay at home Mom is not a Real Job.  Jeez, JJ pick a consistent credo will ya'?

Next someone will try to tell her that boys can wear pink and girls can wear blue. That'll really make her head explode.

• Love 4