Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Am I the only person who has never in my life used a money order or Western Union to pay for something? I always use debit/credit card/checks to pay for stuff. Of course, I've never given money for 15 year old cars to strangers from Craigslist, so maybe that's why. Okay, forget it. I guess I live in a different world than JJ litigants - a world where nobody really owns anything, where no one can have bank accounts, no one lives anywhere, but just "stays" in various places and where people put everything "underneath" someone else's name.

For some people, a cheap beater car they find on Craigslist is the only option they have. When you live in a place where you need a car to get to work you take any car you can get. Unfortunately it becomes a cycle. The car breaks down because it's old as Methuselah and you need money to fix it, but you can't make it to work to earn that money because the car is broken down.

A bank account is almost impossible to get if you've ever bounced a check, regardless of fault. I had a paycheck bounce that caused several checks to bounce because I'd had the audacity to be poor and living check to check. Although my employer paid back all my fees from it, and there were a lot of fees, I ended up in the Telechex system. Even though the bank knew it was a payroll check that bounced and caused all of this, they still added me to that damn list. And once your name is in the Telechex system, you're sunk. Good luck getting a bank account after that.

I wanted to find another bank, but with my name was in that system, I was treated like a loser and a criminal each time I tried to open a new bank account. It took a long freaking time to clear my name. Now, I'm a tenacious sort who eventually got it fixed, but how many people would just give up and stop using banks altogether after that ordeal? Banks have better lobbyists than poor people do.

I was watching an insurance video (not by choice, it's my industry) and they were discussing the exorbitant rates for car insurance in Detroit. We're talking $5,000 a year for shitty coverage on a shitty car. So a lot of people there register their cars in out-of-town relatives' names so that they can afford insurance. Yes, they're committing fraud, but the alternative is a bunch of people with no insurance at all. And instead of looking at the crazy no fault laws that have caused the rates to be insane, it's easier to blame the poor folks who can't afford to live elsewhere. Insurance companies have better lobbyists than poor people, too.

It is very expensive to be poor in this country. I've been there, so I can empathize. Yes, a lot of poor folks make poor decisions that help keep them poor, but let's not forget that there are a lot of companies that prey on them and not a lot of laws to protect them.

• Love 14

.. they were discussing the exorbitant rates for car insurance in Detroit. We're talking $5,000 a year for shitty coverage on a shitty car.

And so there is no confusion, these rates apply regardless of driving record, age, or credit rating.  As long as you live within zip codes within a certain proximity to Detroit, you pay these sky high insurance.  I understand the new mayor of Detroit is trying to take on the insurance companies regarding the high rates but I doubt if he will have any luck.  Houston has high insurance rates too, I'm not sure if they are as high but they are up there.

• Love 4

Word to everything you said. It IS expensive to be poor. Being unbanked is usually more expensive than having a bank account, but some people don't have other options. Usually, banks like Wells Fargo, Bank of America and USBank will allow people who are on Telechex to open an account, but it is restricted to just a debit card, no checks.

Also, plenty of wealthy people don't know how to manage money. There are people who just consider OD fees as a cost of doing business. It seems insane to me, but I can't afford to really toss away $36. But JJ has never been poor, so I think she sometimes has no idea.

• Love 4

For some people, a cheap beater car they find on Craigslist is the only option they have.

Yes. My first car cost $1500 but I got it at a dealer so when the brakes crapped out a week later, the dealer fixed them. I wouldn't buy a 15 year old car from a stranger, not have it checked out and wail "I trusted him!" when the beater conks out and then take the seller to court to try and get the money back from an "as is" pig-in-a-poke sale.

There are lots of people who are poor (like my family when I was growing up) but they aren't necessarily stupid or scammers, but those are the only kind we see here. Think of the woman who took her last few dollars to send to some con artist she met online and had no money ("I had to feed my cat people soup!) to buy food afterwards. That is the kind of stupidity no money, or lack of it, can cure.

• Love 3

I love John Cheese!

I love the articles he wrote after those about how, even though he's firmly middle class now, he still has the bad habits of a poor person because that's how he was raised. My wife dealt with the same issues until she got to be around my family for awhile and saw the way my parents could make good money, have fun, yet still have savings and put money away for retirement. But yeah, John Cheese is great, and I love how honest he is about his shortcomings.

• Love 1

Yes. My first car cost $1500 but I got it at a dealer so when the brakes crapped out a week later, the dealer fixed them. I wouldn't buy a 15 year old car from a stranger, not have it checked out and wail "I trusted him!" when the beater conks out and then take the seller to court to try and get the money back from an "as is" pig-in-a-poke sale.

There are lots of people who are poor (like my family when I was growing up) but they aren't necessarily stupid or scammers, but those are the only kind we see here. Think of the woman who took her last few dollars to send to some con artist she met online and had no money ("I had to feed my cat people soup!) to buy food afterwards. That is the kind of stupidity no money, or lack of it, can cure.

When I was shopping for a second car, you couldn't find a $1,500 car at a dealer. It may be different in other places, but used cars I saw at dealerships here were all above the $5,000 price. My price point was $7,500, and I still ended up buying private party from a seller on Craigslist.

• Love 1

When I was shopping for a second car, you couldn't find a $1,500 car at a dealer.

I'm talking quite a number of years ago. The car I bought would be around 5K now.  But we've seen people on JJ, who, in 2013/2014 bought cars for $500 and expected near-perfection.

• Love 3

It is very expensive to be poor in this country. I've been there, so I can empathize. Yes, a lot of poor folks make poor decisions that help keep them poor, but let's not forget that there are a lot of companies that prey on them and not a lot of laws to protect them.

This is true - and I'm been on the poor side of things also. But people do make a lot of poor decisions - they gotta have the newest I-phone or Ipad. People are always going to make stupid snap decisions and the vultures are waiting. In my family we call it a "money diet" - spending money only on essentials until whatever issue is paid off. It SUCKS. I've been on multiple money diets over the years to pay off various bad decisions, most of which were my fault (and the rest fallout from my ex-husband which again was MY BAD).  It's finally gotten into my thick skull not to let anybody on my cell phone plan, not to co-sign for cars, not to lend money I can't afford to just outright give, and not to buy crap cars with a zillion miles hoping that sow's ear will turn into a silk purse. 

I don't think Judge Judy ever goes to a grocery store.

Wouldn't she just send one of her people to buy her stuff?

I'm pretty sure she must go to the grocery store herself when she's living in Florida. There are a LOT of formerly famous older people living in South Florida. (and the parents of famous people). My co-worker lives next door to Larry David's parents in a 55-and-up complex. 

• Love 4

OK, Rebecca Wojtczak is a big sack of crazy. I swear she looks like an aging Pussycat Doll...like maybe she used to fill in for Carmen Electra on weeknights. She even said she has a friend who sends her month: "Bruce". Hey Big Spender!

• Love 5

This is true - and I'm been on the poor side of things also. But people do make a lot of poor decisions - they gotta have the newest I-phone or Ipad. 

I don't know; I just can't get my dander up because someone who is poor has an iDevice. I don't know their circumstances. Maybe someone bought it for them or extended their credit to them. Maybe, like me, they won an iPad in a raffle. Maybe they bought it when their situation was different. Maybe it didn't cost them anything due to a promotion. Who knows?

Now if a person goes on JJ to complain because they signed a bunch of people up for their plan and now can't afford to pay the ETF, that's a different story, and they're fair game.

• Love 4

Can you imagine a case where Rebecca "Pussy Cat Doll"  (Hee!) and Shannon Five-Shots were the litigants?! I think my head would explode. She was exhausting. JJ may have earned her $$ on that one. The plaintiff should have gotten some of her money back, in my opinion, just for having to have put up with Rebecca. 

Free Bruce!

• Love 3

This lady, Rebecca, was on the wrong side of 50, but dressed like she was 18.  Black and blonde streaked hair, eye makeup out to THERE, so much fake boobage and facial surgery, GAH!  Very scary woman!  AND she kept trying to overtalk JJ!  And trying to out-drama the Judge!  It was pretty hilarious, JJ just said the only drama here is MINE.  Oh, and she copped (very demurely) to having a sugar daddy who pays her by check 5 grand a month.

• Love 3

Yeah, she was a grown ass woman with a head full of highlights. And it was kind of funny that she was all fed up with her jailbird son when she wasn't even taking care of herself. She lives with her other son and had a sugar daddy. She really was the modern-day Ann-Margret. Thirteen Men and me. One sweetened her tea and the other butters her fucking bread.

• Love 3

She even said she has a friend who sends her month

Yep, $5,000 a month. I am old, fat and balding and I think I could find someone a lot better for $5K a month. Maybe the cost of living around here is lower LOL.

DRAMA GIRL!  Bimbo City!  God, where do I start??

As a suggestion, start with Drama - YES, girl - NOT AT ALL.  No matter how much make-up you trowel on, "girl" is way back in your past.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Love 3

That was a recent rerun. I can't believe she was on tv admitting she has a sugar daddy.

In all fairness, she hesitated about revealing her financial dependence on a "friend". I got the vibe that Bruce is the only one  remaining on her client list.

Edited by Milz
  • Love 5

I am old, fat and balding and I think I could find someone a lot better for $5K a month.

You better believe it. Any of the young, bouncy, brainless, blonde bimbettes we've seen on this show would cost you a hell of a lot less.

• Love 6

Today's first case --- This case shows that, no matter how fishy the story is, no matter how many drug-addled details they need to hide, some people have a sense of entitlement and a pure stupidity that lead them to small claims court. Obviously, Mallissa Mayweather just wanted to have some drinkin, smokin, and sexin with a guy she "met" on Facebook. He and his 16-year-old third wheel cousin don't drink. No problem for Mallissa -- she got drunk ahead of time and packed some extra Four Locos to keep her going (Mallissa said that the Four Locos didn't even get her buzzed - she usually drinks hard liquor, psh). After the defendant sharpened his pencil {wink, wink}, he was ready to give Mallissa the heave-ho. She's all about safety, so she was not going to take the train back home at such an hour....she made him drive her home, but she also refused to give him her address. Dude doesn't even know where to drop her off, and she insists on stopping at the convenience store that's just 5 minutes from her house for more booze/sizzurp/blunts. "Get a drink of water at home if you feel thirsty! You're only 5 minutes away!" yelled Judge Judy, who seemed to be in the dark about the real definition of Mallissa's 'thirst.' Well, defendant and third wheel threw her purse out of the car and sped off while she was making her purchases. She was trying to sue for her phone and crap in her purse or something, but JJ told her to get lost.

Second case -- the plaintiffs seemed to be simple folk who just wanted to help people out. In the end, they got ripped off. JJ got their $1500 back. No dump button needed for the hallterview....the litigants were outraged at the name-calling that took place on the "texes." But, really, they were playground insults -  "She said I was a piece of junk," "She called me an idiot," "She called me stupid." What's next farthead?

• Love 10

Mallissa Mayweather just wanted to have some drinkin, smokin, and sexin with a guy she "met" on Facebook. He and his 16-year-old third wheel cousin don't drink. No problem for Mallissa -- she got drunk ahead of time and packed some extra Four Locos to keep her going (Mallissa said that the Four Locos didn't even get her buzzed - she usually drinks hard liquor, psh).

"Mallissa?" Oh, I can't wait for this one. Why, oh, why did the time and channel have to change? It's wrecking my life.

• Love 4

I can't remember the name right now, but when the first rerun was on this morning, where the woman was suing the guy for wrecking her car while he was test driving it, she had breathing tubes in her nose.  I looked her up, and she has systic fibrosis and has had a double lung transplant.  She is also a former nationally-ranked ice dancer, and she and her partner finished fourth one year in the Junior Nationals.

• Love 2

So I DVRd four episodes today and saw neither of these.  Totally unfair!!  Did see one with a guy wanting to install a dog shock fence device to keep the neighboring pit bull from climbing over the fence (complete with video!). JJ threw out the idiot son of the def.  Drinking game bonanza. Then a sad, pathetic tire slashing/future baby daddy case. Maybe Mallissa will show up tomorrow.

• Love 3

I really liked JJ's takedown of the TV-entitled couple. So you two men work together in sanitation. You all live paycheck to paycheck. Why would those people give you $1,100? This was much worse than the usual gift-loan cases involving romantic partners.

• Love 10

I liked Malissa.  I'm sure I wouldn't like Drunk Malissa, but at least she admitted to the sex.  I have no doubt her phone was dumped on the street and not handed to her.  The $100 cash was probably pay for services rendered, which would explain why that guy had no problem leaving her at the gas station.  She wasn't a girlfriend, or even a friend -- he didn't care.

Anyone else have to google Four Loko?  Just me?  Okay then.

The TV loan couple -- sorry, but I don't think it's the first time those two paid to have friends, or that the other couple took advantage of socially inept people.  Something wasn't right with the blonde woman.   

• Love 9

Mallissa...girl. I hope you try to bring some respectability back to your vagina because you kind of told 10 million people you don't have much of it. It's one thing to hook up with a guy you're just casually dating, but you're at his teenage cousin's house getting it in with some dude you met on Facebook with a half-Four Loco buzz. Then he swerves off and leaves your ass stranded at a gas station in the middle of the night with your purse, cell phone, and your edges (by the looks of things) still in his car. You kinda look like a jump off.

That said, she should've been compensated. It didn't appear he had a great reason to leave her at the gas station, and even if she was being annoying (which she probably was), you did just have sex with her. Don't treat her like a nothing-ass bitch and leave her stranded in the middle of the night; that's bitchassness. Take her home, remind yourself that bitches be cray, and don't talk to her anymore. He didn't seem like a bad guy, and I think he might've been fronting a little bit for his cousin (who didn't not look like Gary Coleman), but I don't get the feeling he's beating chicks off with a stick. He looked a little ashy, a little pudgy, and that shirt wasn't exactly on fleek sooooo yeah. Maybe don't burn your bridges so quickly.

And JJ needs to stop looking down her nose at women who *gasp* drink. As mean as she is, I know her damn ass drinks too!

Edited by 27bored
  • Love 9

can't remember the name right now, but when the first rerun was on this morning, where the woman was suing the guy for wrecking her car while he was test driving it, she had breathing tubes in her nose.

I never saw that episode before, but the moronic asshole, "Shawn Bakke" got on my last never. HE crashes a car during a test drive! The car had no brakes but managed to leave skid marks all over the place! The police officer was lying! The plaintiff was lying! Everyone is against him, but he thought if he ignored the totalled car it would all magically "go away." What a lowlife shitbag.  Plaintiff was incredibly perky and cheerful, for all her problems.

"Mallissa" works in a daycare, (well, maybe not anymore after this aired) and she goes and gets drunk with some guy she just met and feels the need to "put it out there" to all of us that they had sex. I'd rather you hadn't, Mallissa. Maybe she was still drunk today. Her story was some of the most convoluted nonsense I've heard in ages.  I wonder what 16 year old Ali was doing while those two were knockin' boots at 2:00a.m.

Hated the obnoxious, pig-faced slag who borrowed her friend's car and then sold it. Even better was when she said that her statement where she says the money was a loan was just an error of "verbiage."  Strangest thing is that plaintiff seems to want to continue the friendship. Maybe she's a masochist.

She could have been the sister of Heather Anderson. She and her goofy hubby both work, can't pay their taxes but CAN get an 1100$ rent-to-own big screen TV.

I feel I lost a lot of brain cells today after all this.

ETA:

As mean as she is, I know her damn ass drinks too!

Ha! I'm sure she enjoys a drink, but I bet you anything she doesn't go out afterwards and key someone's car, set fire to their trailer, or challenge someone to come out and fight her!

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4

Mallissa lost because her story, to Judge Judy, didn't make sense and her behavior was overall stupid.  I think she should have lost because it was a she says-he says and she couldn't prove the defendant broke the phone.  But, Judge Judy was so busy trying to find an inconsistency in her story and that it didn't match the Judge Judy and Judge Judy kids/grandkids life experience template, that she never bothered to decide if what Mallissa said happened actually happened.  I can totally believe that they threw the phone out of the car window and drove off to be rid of her.  They had their fun with her and didn't want to deal with her whether she was drunk or not.  JJ just decides to believe cousin Ali saying he handed the phone to Mallissa even though he looked totally nervous like he was lying.  How did the phone get broken if it was handed to her?  She immediately reported it to the police.  Yes, it is just her word to the police but seems probable that her story is true.  I would have liked to have heard both the defendant and the witness describe what happened to find inconsistencies in their stories.  Instead she focused on the plaintiff to find her inconsistencies (you went to a store when you were five minutes from home????!!!!).  JJ just didn't care about it afterall it was just a cell phone and she usually doesn't even do cellphones, because her parents didn't send her to law school to deal with an item that didn't even exist at the time.  

Mallissa deserved a lecture about how unsafe her behavior was: feeling comfortable enough to go to the home of people you barely know who you don't trust enough to give your address.  Judge Milan would have given her a talking to, as even though she is "grown" she was being incredibly stupid with her life.  Instead Judge Judy moral police punished her behavior by dismissing her case even if what she said happened was probably true.  I don't mind her losing because she couldn't prove her case but JJ just didn't want to believe her and was annoyed by her behavior and was consumed by finding an inconsistency, so she got rid of her.

• Love 14
I really liked JJ's takedown of the TV-entitled couple. So you two men work together in sanitation. You all live paycheck to paycheck. Why would those people give you $1,100?

I have purchased many a "flat-screen TV" over the years and have NEVER, EVER paid more than $700 or so for one! Have these people heard of Costco?! Walmart?!

But lordy with that Plaintiff. She just reminded me of the human embodiment of the sad trombone. Every time she came on screen, I heard a "waa waa waa" in my head and couldn't stop laughing. At some point during the case, she turned to the Defendant and gave her the "Who farted?" face. Waa waa waa.

Mallissa lost because her story, to Judge Judy, didn't make sense and her behavior was overall stupid.  I think she should have lost because it was a she says-he says and she couldn't prove the defendant broke the phone.  But, Judge Judy was so busy trying to find an inconsistency in her story and that it didn't match the Judge Judy and Judge Judy kids/grandkids life experience template, that she never bothered to decide if what Mallissa said happened actually happened.  I can totally believe that they threw the phone out of the car window and drove off to be rid of her.  They had their fun with her and didn't want to deal with her whether she was drunk or not.  JJ just decides to believe cousin Ali saying he handed the phone to Mallissa even though he looked totally nervous like he was lying.  How did the phone get broken if it was handed to her?  She immediately reported it to the police.  Yes, it is just her word to the police but seems probable that her story is true.  I would have liked to have heard both the defendant and the witness describe what happened to find inconsistencies in their stories.  Instead she focused on the plaintiff to find her inconsistencies (you went to a store when you were five minutes from home????!!!!).  JJ just didn't care about it afterall it was just a cell phone and she usually doesn't even do cellphones, because her parents didn't send her to law school to deal with an item that didn't even exist at the time.  

Mallissa deserved a lecture about how unsafe her behavior was: feeling comfortable enough to go to the home of people you barely know who you don't trust enough to give your address.  Judge Milan would have given her a talking to, as even though she is "grown" she was being incredibly stupid with her life.  Instead Judge Judy moral police punished her behavior by dismissing her case even if what she said happened was probably true.  I don't mind her losing because she couldn't prove her case but JJ just didn't want to believe her and was annoyed by her behavior and was consumed by finding an inconsistency, so she got rid of her.

That was my take on it too. Mallissa didn't have a veracity problem. I knew that once she admitted to hooking up with some random on FB. But JJ hates women who drink. (To the person who asked, I never heard or Four Locos either.) And JJ definitely had an issue with promiscuity. We have often seen JJ decide what she thinks happened absent of evidence. That's why she asks questions instead of just letting litigants tell their stories. It's supposed to lead her to the truth. But all that goes out the water when she dislikes a litigant.

I think it's dangerous to do what Malissa did, but she should have been compensated for her phone. Like you said. She reported it immediately. JJ often dismisses cases because the plaintiff didn't file a police report. Malissa files one and JJ still doesn't believe her. I'm not a fan of slut shaming either. The defendant did the same thing the plaintiff did, minus the alcohol. So JJ should have had the same disdain for him and she had for her.

By the way, I wouldn't even consider having sex with someone who's drunk unless I were drunk too. When. I'm sober, drunk people are gross. He must have been desperate to get his willy wet.

• Love 6

That was my take on it too. Mallissa didn't have a veracity problem. I knew that once she admitted to hooking up with some random on FB. But JJ hates women who drink. (To the person who asked, I never heard or Four Locos either.) And JJ definitely had an issue with promiscuity. We have often seen JJ decide what she thinks happened absent of evidence. That's why she asks questions instead of just letting litigants tell their stories. It's supposed to lead her to the truth. But all that goes out the water when she dislikes a litigant.

I think it's dangerous to do what Malissa did, but she should have been compensated for her phone. Like you said. She reported it immediately. JJ often dismisses cases because the plaintiff didn't file a police report. Malissa files one and JJ still doesn't believe her. I'm not a fan of slut shaming either. The defendant did the same thing the plaintiff did, minus the alcohol. So JJ should have had the same disdain for him and she had for her.

By the way, I wouldn't even consider having sex with someone who's drunk unless I were drunk too. When. I'm sober, drunk people are gross. He must have been desperate to get his willy wet.

This.

One of the first People's Court cases I heard was back when Judge Wapner presided over a case where a woman was suing a man for a very expensive swimsuit that she accidentlly left behind after some hot tubbing in his hotel room led to sex.  It's been so long that I can't remember the specifics, except that the woman had never met the man before that night, but they must have talked before they met because she bought a gorgeous silver swimsuit in case the date got to the hot tub stage.  Anyway, the man was in town just for the night and they met for dinner and such, then went back to his suite where they were in the hot tub drinking champagne, etc.

After she left the defendant admitted he saw the swimsuit the next morning, but did nothing to try to return it to her.  His defense was that if a woman gets into your hot tub and then has sex with you on the first date, she's not worthy of returning personal items left behind when she leaves.

Judge Wapner did tell the woman to slow down in the future, what she did wasn't safe, etc.  Then he spent several satisfying minutes chastising the defendant for being an ass, and judged in the plaintiff's favor.

JJ just makes up her criteria for who to believe as she goes along, and she has definite prejudices that she indulges in.  I'd never willingly appear before her, even if we weren't on TV.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 10
Something wasn't right with the blonde woman.

Actually I thought both she and her husband were a few fries short of a Happy Meal. Sad that the other two decided to take advantage

Seriously, though...do any of your friends just offer to buy you expensive stuff? Hell, we have reasonably wealthy friends, and they never do. Can't imagine the poor ones even considering doing such a foolish thing.

Kicking in money for your heart transpant? Maybe. An overpriced TV (which makes me totally think it's from Aarons or RAC)? NOPE

edited because grammar

Edited by 6 MeowMeowBeenz
  • Love 5

Mallissa deserved a lecture about how unsafe her behavior was: feeling comfortable enough to go to the home of people you barely know who you don't trust enough to give your address.

Two things frightened me about Mallissa - first, she was upset about this guy finding out her address but she admits having sex with him? Whaaaattt??? It's okay to spread your legs but you don't want him to know where you live? (**old fart/get off my lawn alarm going off loudly***)

Second is that she works at a day care. I can't fathom her rolling out of bed after a busy night wandering the street looking for a drank at 3-4 AM and taking care of little kids. 

RE: the flat screen TV set - they bought it from a rent-to-own place. They advertise you get the TV for $19 a week but those of us with more sense than God gave a billy goat read the teensy print that says something like "$19 a week for 52 weeks, total payments $1562 for a TV that WalMart would sell for $600 or so. It's all about that instant gratification world where the weak-willed fall right into Renta-Center's/ Aaron's lair. People, wake up and have some sense! 

• Love 9

Seriously, though...do any of your friends just offer to buy you expensive stuff?

I have very dear friends I've had since I was in 2nd grade, and never ever has any of them offered to shower thousands of dollars (or even one dollar) on me as a gift. I know I could turn to them in time of real need, but buying pricey electronics is not what I consider "need."

teensy print that says something like "$19 a week for 52 weeks, total payments $1562 for a TV that WalMart would sell for $600 or so.

But these people don't think the way we do. They can't look at the big picture and just think, "Whoo hoo! It's only $19 a week!"

Two things frightened me about Mallissa - first, she was upset about this guy finding out her address but she admits having sex with him?

And who wants to bet birth control was not involved?

• Love 4

If he ended up dropping Mallissaa off at her home, wouldn't he then have her address?  Or was she betting on him speeding away and not remembering where she lived.  Not much thought went into that "date" at all. And, yeah, I also had to google 4 Locos.  Not much drinking going on here, but my phone and purse are not missing.

I too do not have any friends buying me expensive stuff.  I have a sister-in-law who constantly asks me and hubby to buy her and her lazy son all kinds of stuff, but Judge Judy instilled a backbone in us and the answer is always "Is your son looking for work?" which leads to a reason she has to get off the phone or the emails are not answered.  Works like a charm.

• Love 5

I have purchased many a "flat-screen TV" over the years and have NEVER, EVER paid more than $700 or so for one! Have these people heard of Costco?! Walmart?!

But lordy with that Plaintiff. She just reminded me of the human embodiment of the sad trombone. Every time she came on screen, I heard a "waa waa waa" in my head and couldn't stop laughing. At some point during the case, she turned to the Defendant and gave her the "Who farted?" face. Waa waa waa.

Oh, my!  You turned me into a coffee fountain with this gem!

• Love 3

The first and only case today had a broken septic tank, drinking in the garage, a black eye, and a previous criminal case. The plaintiff (Ms. Jones) was a messy liar. The defendant was too interested in Ms. Jones' alleged affair with the landscaper. The men on the plaintiff's side were dressed nicely for court, but Ms. Jones' getup was just a step above a beach cover-up. It did provide a puzzler, though --- chest tattoo...Kringle? Arm tattoo.....Staples?

How about the chick in the gallery with the top bun and constant bitchface?

Edited by CoolWhipLite
  • Love 3

SMACKED by Judge Judy!  $2500 on the counterclaim!  Funny as hell!  And the plaintiff really believed that because of her win in criminal court, she would win THIS  one, too!  ROFL!

And, FGS, get Miss Pouty-face, Horn-rim glasses, Hair Flip and Cocked Head (in the audience) OFF MY TV!

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 1

The case with the chick and the garage and getting in people's business and all that was funny. How are you gonna be a guest at someone's house and then get in their business when someone stops by? And you know, the Plaintiff was funny because she was standing there lying her ass off. The Defendant had medical records and photos of her injuries and the Plaintiff was still like, "I never touched her...I never got a chance to I mean I never touched her." That would be me if I went on JJ. That's some funny shit, because she didn't look in the least bit convincing. She should've just said, "I didn't hit that bitch in her damn lying ass motherfucking mouth. Honest!" I mean, if you're gonna lie, at least try to look the part. And far be it from me to make fun of people's sartorial choices because, you know, half of my wardrobe is from Old Navy, and the men's section at Old Navy is pretty much Rainbow for Dudes -- for real, those are some cheap, throwaway-ass clothes -- but why was the Plaintiff wearing a sundress like she was going to the church picnic? It looked nice enough, I guess, but dress like you're in court.

Edited by 27bored
  • Love 6

I understand that the rent-to-own places make a living off of not very bright people, but 30 years ago I bought a desk from Aarons, but not being totally stupid I bought it outright at a very good price. I still have it and it is in pretty good shape (outside of some holes I drilled in it to mount a reloading press).

Edited by DoctorK
  • Love 1

The twins! Def. twin lived with plaintiff twin ( who had evidence but never thought about actually bringing it) "found out" she was pregnant (how does that happen, anyway?) and buggered off to a new love nest with her tiny little man. She's 30 years old and still playing the "You're not the boss of me!" with her sister and so stupid she thinks she can break a lease with no consequences just by saying, "I'm leaving."  Listening to both of them made my head hurt.

Listening to Brainless Brittany from MN made it hurt more. What kind of school has a twenty year old student who says things like, "them pictures" and "tooken"? Brittany seemed either heavily medicated or truly brain damaged. I just bet she's a health care student! She certainly fits the profile, from what we see on this show of that profession.

Mr. Gaines the Lawnman must have some deeply hidden attributes that makes women lose their minds when he's around.

• Love 4