Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, momtoall said:

In 2013/14 I visited my son and his family in Houston.  They had a three bedroom house and four children.  I was going to be there for three to four months.  I stayed at an extended stay hotel.  Free WiFi, TV, a kitchenette, maidservice, and a bathroom.  It cost $700 a month.  I don't understand how people pay $700 for a ROOM in someone's apartment!!  I realize prices vary by location but it is still better option than living with a loon.

I caught part of that episode but not the beginning. Did you notice where it said that they lived?

• Love 1

The young couple lived in Westminster (spelling) near Huntington Beach, CA.    Of course the mom of one, and grandma of another were getting evicted at the time, so the entire family sounds financially challenged.    Some places will not rent to a 19 and 22 year old, even extended stay. 

I think Patricia Bean was jealous of anyone who looked better than she did (I look better than she did when I get up at 3 a.m. to replace the smoke alarm batteries that again failed to chirp before shrieking), or anyone who is better liked than she is (99.9% of everyone else on earth), or anyone who isn't a loon.  I'm sure everyone in the neighborhood is united in loathing her.  

I think the dog owner just stomped and yelled at the dog, and didn't kick it.   If she had kicked a small dog like that I think it would have been yelping or something, and it wasn't.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

Uh, got sucked in to watching this dog case. Is it just me? Seems a lot of dog cases lately.

First, as most of you know, I skip dog cases because 99% of the time the dog is being blamed for something a human caused or could/should have prevented.  This time the TV was on as I was getting ready for work, so when they started talking about a dog bite/attack I wasn't near the remote and let it run. Then we get classic JJ - she read the filing papers and the answer, painted a picture in her mind, and isn't about to listen to any testimony that doesn't match her preconceived ideas. Hey, JJ, true story, as a kid one of our neighbors had a German Shepherd who was very protective of HIS house. This guy was the man of the house, lived there and had daily interactions with the dog. 1 day the guy locked himself out of the house and crawled through a window - and the dog tore him up - dog saw someone crawling through the window, knew that wasn't an acceptable entryway, and attacked before realizing it was the guy who bought the kibble. I totally believe the dog in the case could have accepted D's visiting mother as a family member - she had been in the dog's life for 6 years, afterall - and objected to the neighbor coming onto the porch. Perhaps D knew her dog well enough to tell P to wait, and P ignored her, thinking she would be accepted by the pup.

OTOH, what the heck was D laughing about in the previews - maybe she's someone who gives an inappropriate laugh when nervous. But, really looks bad when P is tearfully showing pictures of bruises/wounds from multiple bites and D is laughing. 

Well, maybe I'll watch the rest of the case when I get back from work - but gotta go now and earn enough to pay chewy for the next shipment of cat food and kitty litter

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 4

The defendant dog owner is a psycho.   She not only laughed at the plaintiff's injuries (many bites, huge bite marks, and bruises), but actually had the gall to say in the halterivew that the plaintiff had done the injuries herself to get money.     I can't believe her fiance thinks marrying this psycho is a good idea.

Case is plaintiff was frequent dog and house sitter for neighbors with dog repeatedly since d. moved in September of 17.   The dog is a German Shepherd with a bite history, and I bet there were more bites in it's history too.   D. is marrying fiance (witness and homeowner), had her wedding dress in the car, and asked p. if she wants to see the dress.   Plaintiff (Paris) says yes, and d. hauls dress out of car, and says she's going to open the dress bag inside the house, and invites the plaintiff to come see it there. .    Plaintiff goes on porch, where German Shepherd with bite history is chained to porch.     The dog attacks, left multiple huge bites on the woman's arm, leaving bite marks and bruises all over her arm, and I guess her torso. .     Defendant starts laughing at the testimony about the woman's injuries.   

Fiance steps up, and testifies that she is the homeowner, has no homeowner's insurance, and was told the dog had a bite history.   The fiance/homeowner is an idiot, and could have lost everything to the neighbor.    Good thing some kid wasn't peddling cookies or something, because the dog could have nailed them too.    D. says dog knew her mother and daughter (dog owner has a kid), but mom lives in California, and the dog owner daughter lives in Minnesota, so I'm not sure that's true unless the dog lived at the mother's house before or something.   

The dog was put down, and the defendant says that it's because the dog had cancer, but the fiance says it was because of the bites.     

Judge Judy says what everyone was thinking, judging from the looks on the audience, that the defendant is an awful person, and the plaintiff will be getting $5,000, and I think her Honor would have given the plaintiff more if she could.     If the plaintiff got the right lawyer, then defendant's fiance/homeowner would be homeless, and broke.   The defendant is lucky they were only on national TV as idiots, and in the dog owner's case, a total psychopath, and they could easily have been an illustration showing how having a vicious dog, with a bite history can bankrupt you.   I like how JJ explained that since the homeowner/fiance didn't have homeowner's insurance, that she was risking losing the house, and everything she owning  having the dog around with the bite history.   And what kind of idiot chains a dog on the front porch that has a history of biting?   I hope animal control did a report from the poor victim's hospital visit.     

Proud mama of incarcerated son, said she would pay damages to fix room son trashed at p.'s house.     Homeowner had her motorcycle towed, but it wasn't where she wanted it.     The motorcycle was hers anyway.   P. also wants all kinds of money for motorcycle tow, and for stuff son left in room.       JJ said p. didn't owe for cleaning up room, and d. didn't owe for lost stuff prisoner son left before his most recent incarceration.    JJ also said the fact that d. had motorcycle towed quite a distance away, and plaintiff had to go there to pick it up was enough payback.   

Rerun---I'm not even talking about the creepy hot tub landlord hitting on his much younger, and prettier former tenant.    What a creep he is.   

Rerun---Landscaping fees owed to long term tenant by landlord.  P. wants $5k for landscaping he did, window treatments he left.   JJ tells plaintiff to stuff it.   

Tomorrow's rerun is the one where the woman has a huge hairy mole below her lower lip, and says the p. lost the fight because 'she didn't know how to fight'.  I can't wait.  I think that's the case where the two women were friendly, and then months later the defendants went where the plaintiff worked, and the woman jumped her.    It was a really dust up by a couple of low class fools, fighting about a loser boyfriend.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Proud mama of incarcerated son

Junkie/Spapper mama.

Rerun---I'm not even talking about the creepy hot tub landlord hitting on his much younger, and prettier former tenant.    What a creep hi is.   

I have met several men who tried this shit with me.  It is a disgustingly familiar feeling.

Tomorrow's rerun is the one where the woman has a huge hairy mole below her lower lip,

Seriously.  That thing looks like a soul-patch, not attractive on a woman. :(

• Love 4

I couldn't believe that horrible defendant accused the plaintiff of injuring herself for money after she laughed while plaintiff was describing her injuries. She's a psycho bitch from hell and I hope her betrothed realized it before they tied the knot. I hated her even before she behaved like an ass for leaving her dog chained to the porch. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Well, maybe I'll watch the rest of the case when I get back from work - but gotta go now and earn enough to pay chewy for the next shipment of cat food and kitty litter

My cat loves Chewy food, too. She especially likes the kind in the foil packets with a light broth.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, SRTouch said:

1 hour ago, jilliannatalia said:

My cat loves Chewy food, too. She especially likes the kind in the foil packets with a light broth.

I can't say enough good things about Chewy!  I'm so glad I took a leap of faith with that company.  Stellar.

• Love 4

I was fine with how junkie son case turned out, but I was a bit put-off by how JJ brushed of P’s explanation for promising to pay and then not doing so.  She said she felt intimidated.  Now whether that’s true or not (probably not, because her story did change a little bit) it’s certainly a believable possibility.  You can’t hold people to deals made under duress.  The D never should have asked her to pay - it’s totally not her responsibility and she’s probably already been picking up after her son for decades.  I can also totally believe that he kept anything valuable from the room.

• Love 3

I doubt ex and current convict son actually owned anything of value, since mommy owned the Harley he rode that she was still paying on.     I bet it's like other litigants that claim everything left behind in a house or apartment that disappeared was worth thousands.   

• Love 2

Let me get this straight.    Boyfriend of plaintiff has two year old twins by her, and shacks up with her a lot (wow plaintiff old).    Defendant (who looks maybe 30-35) is married to the jerk, and has four kids with him, and the idiot husband doesn't even know how old they are.   And I'm sure his huge salary as a cook supports six kids, and two lovely women who apparently think he's the greatest man who ever lived.   

So P. and shack up were living separately for a while, P. dropped BF off to see his four kids who were staying at the d.'s sister's house with the wife.     Everyone started chasing each other down the road, after one of the kid's called 911 because they were afraid someone was going to die.     Plaintiff was accused of robbery for stealing phone from defendant, while d. was chasing the p. and bf.     D. also claimed the p. punched her, which was a lie.   

Plaintiff was arrested and spent a day and a little more in jail, because of the son of defendant lying about p. stealing his phone, but he still has his phone, and no one stole it.   How nice defendant idiot is filing false assault reports, and has her son filing false robbery reports, and the plaintiff got pulled over and thrown in jail for a day or so.    Plaintiff claims the police left her kids by the side of the road, and I seriously doubt that.   

JJ gives the plaintiff for $2,500.    Defendant says that 'she wishes loser would give her a divorce".  I guess she's as stupid as she looks, and doesn't realize anyone can get a divorce, even if the opposing party doesn't want to do that.  

Mobile Home Scam-P. paid man $4k for a used mobile home to the defendant, who isn't even the owner of the trailer.  Owner was Robert Brown who d. says is in the hospital (but is sitting in the d. witness chair).   He claims he gave the money to the real owner.   Robert Brown the real owner is the witness for the defendant.  Mobile homes get charged taxes annually, and have titles, but this one hasn't had that for years.       P. claims they never got the trailer, and it couldn't be titled because of the back taxes, and missing title.   

Then the trailer was apparently sold to someone else by the sleazy defendant, and it was all a scam, because Robert Brown (the former owner) now lives in a camper or travel trailer, and I bet Mr. Brown never saw a dime. 

The plaintiffs get their $4k back, and they tried to file a theft report but apparently that went nowhere.   

Months ago, two women surprised their cheating mutual boyfriend.   Then the defendant and bf are back together, and they jumped the plaintiff ex-gf at the mall.      Ain't love grand, defendant jerk bf loves his gf who has a huge hairy mole right under her bottom lip.     This thing is bigger than many male facial adornments.     Plaintiff told Def Miss Hairy Lip that bf keeps texting her when he and Miss Hairy Lip fight.   Samuel the jerk bf sent texts, and called the plaintiff after he moved in with Miss Hairy Lip.   The two women met, because p. didn't believe the cheating.      

There was window smashing on house windows, and car windows for both sides.  That was September.   

Cheating bf sent messages and texts to the plaintiff months after he moved in with the d. Miss Hairy Lip.  

Def, and Hairy moved in together in January, but in February the p. got jumped leaving work at the mall store she worked at when she went to the parking lot.   A group of the p.'s friends were waiting for her, and bf (according to police report) lifted his shirt to show a handgun, and tell the friends not to get involved.    Hairy confronted her about junk bf told her the plaintiff said (apparently said stuff on FB a year before).    BF told Hairy to attack plaintiff, and she proceeded to beat the snot out of her.   Plaintiff has an order of protection against ex-bf at the time, that restricted him from being near the plaintiff.         Too bad the p. didn't have one against Hairy Lip too.  

JJ tells Byrd to hold bf's head if he shakes it again, I think Byrd wants to twist that idiot's head right off.  

Defendant Miss Hairy Lip says that plaintiff lost fight because "She didn't know how to fight".   

Plaintiff gets $3,000.   

My question is why aren't both defendants in jail?    I guess restraining orders, and brutal assaults including at least one kick in the head, and the def. bf carrying a gun is a joke in California?  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7

Defendant Miss Hairy Lip says that plaintiff lost fight because "She didn't know how to fight".  

Miss Hairy Lip kicked the plaintiff.  In the head. In. The. Head. Over that thing that couldn't stop shaking his damn head at everything that was said. In addition to the mole, Miss Hairy Lip's eyebrows were insane. They made her look like a Kabuki mask. Frightening.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 7

In the new case today -- the false arrest involving two women involved with a 28-year-old who's fathered six kids in the last 11-12 years -- I was tickled that the defendant stood up to JJ.  JJ says "Your story here is different from your sworn complaint" and defendant responds with "You didn't let me finish!"  Yeah, I know, she was lying, but someone finally managed to call JJ on her constant interruptions.  It's not just interrupting, she puts words in their mouths, she assumes stuff that doesn't happen, or assumes that events occur in one way when they really happened another way. 

JJ wants everyone to go step by step, but when they try to do that, she gets impatient and cuts them off.

• Love 12

I thought hairy mole was a tattoo that went with the large one on her chest. Insane eye brows might have been tattoos also.  It all could be gang tats as far as I know.  And boyfriend had  a gun beneath his shirt, at the mall.  That makes me feel real safe.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

That was a close one.    It's nice the POTUS has a press conference, but not right to the beginning of Judge Judy.    

Let me get this straight.    Boyfriend of plaintiff has two year old twins by her, and shacks up with her a lot (wow plaintiff old).    Defendant (who looks maybe 30-35) is married to the jerk, and has four kids with him, and the idiot husband doesn't even know how old they are.   And I'm sure his huge salary as a cook supports six kids, and two lovely women who apparently think he's the greatest man who ever lived.   

So P. and shack up were living separately for a while, P. dropped BF off to see his four kids who were staying at the d.'s sister's house with the wife.     Everyone started chasing each other down the road, after one of the kid's called 911 because they were afraid someone was going to die.     Plaintiff was accused of robbery for stealing phone from defendant, while d. was chasing the p. and bf.     D. also claimed the p. punched her, which was a lie.   

Plaintiff was arrested and spent a day and a little more in jail, because of the son of defendant lying about p. stealing his phone, but he still has his phone, and no one stole it.   How nice defendant idiot is filing false assault reports, and has her son filing false robbery reports, and the plaintiff got pulled over and thrown in jail for a day or so.    Plaintiff claims the police left her kids by the side of the road, and I seriously doubt that.   

JJ gives the plaintiff for $2,500.    Defendant says that 'she wishes loser would give her a divorce".  I guess she's as stupid as she looks, and doesn't realize anyone can get a divorce, even if the opposing party doesn't want to do that.  

Mobile Home Scam-P. paid man $4k for a used mobile home to the defendant, who isn't even the owner of the trailer.  Owner was Robert Brown who d. says is in the hospital (but is sitting in the d. witness chair).   He claims he gave the money to the real owner.   Robert Brown the real owner is the witness for the defendant.  Mobile homes get charged taxes annually, and have titles, but this one hasn't had that for years.       P. claims they never got the trailer, and it couldn't be titled because of the back taxes, and missing title.   

Then the trailer was apparently sold to someone else by the sleazy defendant, and it was all a scam, because Robert Brown (the former owner) now lives in a camper or travel trailer, and I bet Mr. Brown never saw a dime. 

The plaintiffs get their $4k back, and they tried to file a theft report but apparently that went nowhere.   

Months ago, two women surprised their cheating mutual boyfriend.   Then the defendant and bf are back together, and they jumped the plaintiff ex-gf at the mall.      Ain't love grand, defendant jerk bf loves his gf who has a huge hairy mole right under her bottom lip.     This thing is bigger than many male facial adornments.     Plaintiff told Def Miss Hairy Lip that bf keeps texting her when he and Miss Hairy Lip fight.   Samuel the jerk bf sent texts, and called the plaintiff after he moved in with Miss Hairy Lip.   The two women met, because p. didn't believe the cheating.      

There was window smashing on house windows, and car windows for both sides.  That was September.   

Cheating bf sent messages and texts to the plaintiff months after he moved in with the d. Miss Hairy Lip.  

Def, and Hairy moved in together in January, but in February the p. got jumped leaving work at the mall store she worked at when she went to the parking lot.   A group of the p.'s friends were waiting for her, and bf (according to police report) lifted his shirt to show a handgun, and tell the friends not to get involved.    Hairy confronted her about junk bf told her the plaintiff said (apparently said stuff on FB a year before).    BF told Hairy to attack plaintiff, and she proceeded to beat the snot out of her.   Plaintiff has an order of protection against ex-bf at the time, that restricted him from being near the plaintiff.         Too bad the p. didn't have one against Hairy Lip too.  

JJ tells Byrd to hold bf's head if he shakes it again, I think Byrd wants to twist that idiot's head right off.  

Plaintiff gets $3,000.   

My question is why aren't both defendants in jail?    I guess restraining orders, and brutal assaults including at least one kick in the head, and the def. bf carrying a gun is a joke in California?  

Thanks.  Missed this one due to some press conference.  :(

• Love 2

Litigants,

Judge Judy was pre-empted in many areas by a press conference held by the US President.  That is fact. No problem mentioning that the show was pre-empted in your area. 

Any opinions regarding the holder of that press conference or the value of that press conference, including referring to the US President by any nicknames, whether or not you personally find them derogatory, is getting into politics.  PTV has a No Politics rule.  

Let's keep it to the show.  Back to your regularly scheduled snark! 

If you have question regarding this rule, as always, PM your kitty mod @PrincessPurrsALot.

• Love 5

Used car dust up-Idiot p. buys used 2007 Dodge Charger for $5500, plus $1000 interest (bet she has a very interesting credit history), pays $2,500, and later $800, and that's all she ever paid.    She has issues with coolant, and d.'s mechanics works on that, then a while later the motor goes, and d. tells her he'll only put a warrantied motor in it, and not charge for labor, plus let her have a loaner car (very generous on the loaner, and the labor).      P. doesn't understand 'as is' so JJ has to explain it one more time, and mention you take the car to your own mechanic for evaluation, then buy it. P. never paid for motor or anything else.   

D. repo'd car, and p. will have to pay for motor, and the other amount outstanding.    Ms Britt the plaintiff is stupid, and still doesn't understand, because she has the brains of sawdust, and probably has a single digit I.Q.    JJ tells the man to sell the car to recoup his losses, but I'm sure he's not going to get all of his money out of the car.   I feel sorry for him, because he went way beyond what he was required to do for the plaintiff, and she just didn't care.  

Pregnant roomie moves out, and managing tenant (fellow tenant) wants her to find substitute-Tenant told him she would be moving after she has the baby, and he expected her to find her own replacement.   It seems to me that five months is enough time for either one to find a roommate.     He claims she owes the usual, rent, utilities, damages, and she had a cat.   She moved out in November, but he didn't find a replacement roommate, and neither did the woman who moved.       I never have understood how someone who moves in with others to save money spends at least a month's rent or more on a giant chest tat.     No money to landlord.      

Used car dust up-Idiot p. buys used 2007 Dodge Charger for $5500, plus $1000 interest (bet she has a very interesting credit history), pays $2,500, and later $800, and that's all she ever paid.    She has issues with coolant, and d.'s mechanics works on that, then a while later the motor goes, and d. tells her he'll only put a warrantied motor in it, and not charge for labor, plus let her have a loaner car (very generous on the loaner, and the labor).      P. doesn't understand 'as is' so JJ has to explain it one more time, and mention you take the car to your own mechanic for evaluation, then buy it. P. never paid for motor or anything else.   

D. repo'd car, and p. will have to pay for motor, and the other amount outstanding.    Ms Britt the plaintiff is stupid, and still doesn't understand, because she has the brains of a turnip.   JJ tells the man to sell the car to recoup his losses, but I'm sure he's not going to get all of his money out of the car.   I feel sorry for him, because he went way beyond what he was required to do for the plaintiff, and she just didn't care.  

Pregnant roomie moves out, and managing tenant (fellow tenant) wants her to find substitute-Tenant told him she would be moving after she has the baby, and he expected her to find her own replacement.   It seems to me that five months is enough time for either one to find a roommate.     He claims she owes the usual, rent, utilities, damages, and she had a cat.   She moved out in November, but he didn't find a replacement roommate, and neither did the woman who moved.       I never have understood how someone who moves in with others to save money spends at least a month's rent or more on a giant chest tat.     No money to landlord.      

3 case Rerun-Slumlord smiles while shady woman falls in hole in porch-D. owns 156 rental houses, in Arkansas.    P.'s foot went in hole on porch, the fire department was called, EMTs took her to the hospital.    The slumlord is a grinning idiot, without insurance on the houses.    The P. was house shopping for her elderly mother, when she stomped in the hole on the porch.   Medicaid paid everything for the medical bills, she doesn't work, so she had no lost wages, or in other words, Byrd pays everything for the moron.    P. says she wants to be paid for missing family events, etc. and JJ says no way.   P. gets $5,000, as a lesson to the defendant mostly.   

Another unsafe living conditions against landlord, and loss of property.--House needed renovation, so p. rented the house and was going to renovate and repair at the same time.   P. would do yard work, and get $20 an hour credit on rent.       P. lived in house for six months, and it was unsafe.    P. was squatting in June and July, and got evicted on August 9th, he left 8 August, and codes enforcement told him to leave on 8 August.   Not sure how it ended, since I hated the p. so much.

Neighbors hating each other over wall again-Concrete wall replace by D., and neighbor left concrete and 6" of dirt from top of wall on P.'s side.    The 6" means the drains don't work correctly, and p. claims wall isn't even a uniform height.    P.'s pictures are much worse than D.'s pictures and are supposed to be recent and the same wall.    P.'s picture is at least a month or more old, because the tree leaves are very different stages, so JJ dismisses the case because plaintiffs are morons, and liars. 

I feel sorry for the defendant/neighbor, because as he says the neighbor wife is never happy, always has some problems, and will always complain about everything.     I've had bad neighbors, and they suck, and this woman looks like a PITA.            

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
Change Turnip to Saw dust
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Ms Britt the plaintiff is stupid, and still doesn't understand, because she has the brains of a turnip. 

I think you owe an apology to all respectable turnips for unfairly comparing them to such a dumb ninny of a litigant.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 7

Brains of a rock?   Though since pet rocks used to be so popular, they might be offended too.   OK, how about saw dust? 

Good point.   I apologize to turnips for saying the village idiot, who can't understand "as is" even after JJ explains it again, has the brains of a turnip.     

Did that woman even have a double digit I.Q.?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

I got no JJ today, so went to my stockpile of unwatched eps. That was a mistake. I got Margaret "Meg" Priest, a woman who appeared to be over 50 yet hadn't worked in many years because she's a "stay-at-home-mom" to a 19 and 20-year old, although the elder daughter is a jailbird. Meg lives for free in a spare house her Mommy and Daddy own(elderly Daddy appeared here to support his raddled baby girl) and it seems Daddy pays her way, from the food she puts in her mouth to the black eyeliner caked on her eyes (Meg? Gotta tell you - that's not a good look on you. Not at all) to the underpants she puts on her butt. Meg's not proud! Maybe I'm just envious I never had parents who could keep supporting me - or ever supported me -  until one of us dies. That would have been nice, but oh, well. Good for you, Meg. Keep sucking it in and when Daddy keels over, you'll be in gravy.

• Love 7

The one with meth daughter who got caught with a pound of heroin in her car.    She rear ended her bf's car, and he had a bunch of meth in his car too.    She got a six month diversion program, instead of the many years at Club Fed that the poor people get.   

• Love 5
On 9/26/2018 at 8:29 PM, AuntiePam said:

JJ wants everyone to go step by step, but when they try to do that, she gets impatient and cuts them off.

JJ already knows the outcome and her ruling before the case is started.  So she guides them along with their stories and if and when they begin to deviate she cuts them off.  Once in a while they do say something that seems important news to her and she stops to listen and does seem to change her mind.  

The most entertaining for me is her long winded attempts to know who she's dealing with.  She asks personal questions that they're not expecting.  I would think this is never done in regular small claims court as there is zero time and cases are rushed through, which is too bad.

I've learned to always get it written into a contract - which helped me with my own small claims when I had stone steps installed at my home.  ALWAYS get it in writing, get it signed (even with friends) and know your dates.  Makes life so much simpler.  Thanks Judge Judy.

• Love 8

I think Patricia Bean was jealous of anyone who looked better than she did (I look better than she did when I get up at 3 a.m. to replace the smoke alarm batteries that again failed to chirp before shrieking), or anyone who is better liked than she is (99.9% of everyone else on earth), or anyone who isn't a loon.  I'm sure everyone in the neighborhood is united in loathing her.  

CrazyinAlabama, I laughed way too hard when I saw this. My smoke alarm started with a few chirps and then the random shrieking that caused my dogs to howl like they were lit on fire. Since I have been banished from climbing ladders by my grown children, my daughter drove 30 minutes at midnight to disable the smoke alarm. And we all STILL looked better than Patricia Bean

That said, I'm so glad some of you got to catch the Patricia Bean episode. I had it saved on my DVR ever since it happened until a few days ago when it gave up the ghost and had to be replaced. 

7 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

JJ already knows the outcome and her ruling before the case is started.  So she guides them along with their stories and if and when they begin to deviate she cuts them off.  Once in a while they do say something that seems important news to her and she stops to listen and does seem to change her mind.  

I know she gets the info ahead of time and reads over it (when they show the evidence at the end, you can see where she underlines things and writes in the margins) and I also read that while she's in her chambers, she observes the litigants while they wait for the trial to start. I think that's why sometimes she comes out on fire toward one of the litigants. I also like the way she varies how she questions the litigants, starting with the defendants many times. 

What was up with the litigants in today's fence case? The Bobo Sisters (dressed in bright Halloweenish taffeta) were all offended because the fence guys put a mark on her iron fence? (BTW my Cuban Mom used to call any clownish people Bobos so I couldn't stop laughing when they were introduced - it fit pretty well). And then the niece of the plaintiff threw a medicine bottle over the fence? With her name on it? Maybe the niece was shooting up in the backyard and just flung everything over the fence cos going to the garbage is not a priority. There were some odd statements about Compton in the hallterview and "going back where they came from". Did anybody else catch that? 

• Love 7

Another lovely fence v. neighbors case, nuttiness to follow--The Bobo sisters, who apparently shop the Walmart Halloween costume clearance sale for wardrobe, seem like total loons.        Mr. and Mrs Burks have a common fence line with the Bobo sisters (the left one looks like my late uncle at 90), need to replace the fence, at the Burks expense.   Years ago the Burks took down the dead trees, and rotten chain link that was already bad when they moved in 25 or more years ago.     The put up a wood fence on the joint line.    Now they want to finish the privacy fence, on the property line, pay for it themselves, and the Bobo sisters refuse to let the workers on their property.   There is also a metal rod iron fence section the workers goofed, and made a mark and cut on, and the Bobos went ballistic.    The Burks want to finish the fence, and need access to the Bobo loonies property for the work, and the Bobos refuse, and won't let the workers fix the tiny cut in the metal. 

The Burks have been foster parents for many years, but aren't now because of an anonymous complaints to the children's services agency, (bet we all guess who did them too) that the Burks throw syringes, prescription bottles, and pill bottles on the Bobos  property, and are doing all kinds of other things foster parents shouldn't be doing.    Until the investigation concludes, there will be no more foster children.      The prescription bottle had the name of the Burks niece on it, and they claim a neighbor saw the Bobos going through their trash where the empty prescription bottle was thrown out.    JJ asks the neighbor if he saw the sisters getting a pill bottle out of the trash, but the Burks said prescription liquid bottle, so I'm guessing they wrote the wrong thing on their pre-trial statements.     The pill bottle has a name no one recognizes either.     I suspect the Bobos know exactly where all of the trash and the complaints came from.   I'm sure the Compton police have better things to do than help the Bobos harass people, but the Bobos apparently don't.       No one gets any money, but the Burks have to notify the Bobos in writing, three days in advance to let workers finish the fence, and fix the tiny cut in the iron (which didn't look that new to me).    Then Mrs. Burks said the following, paraphrased- They need to move, they're weird and need to leave Compton.  When you're too weird for Compton, that's saying something.  

Idiot gf with multiple kids stayed with bf, her kid left the chocolates out, and the bf's dead wife's chihuahua ate the chocolate and died, JJ says not able to prove.    Another nutso gf case, and another mother who doesn't know whether she has custody or not.   She doesn't, and for good reason I'm guessing.

Rerun-Apparently it's giant hoop earring day.      P. deadbeat father of (almost 4) four, harasses ex defendant with two of his kids with things such as, sending naked pictures of butt ugly p. gf (also pregnant), and p. gf is fine with that.   I guess it's a he boinks me, and not you now.     He goes to ex-gf d.'s apartment (which used to be his cousin's place, and p. deadbeat lived there).     He took the car seat over to her apartment, and d. supposedly punched him.     D. says he gave her keys, and got mad because she's moved on to some other loser.    D. says he nudged her, and she went to the first floor parking lot after p. burned her with a cigarette, and stole her phone.     JJ doesn't believe defendant, but says p. and gf are morons.   D. goes down stairs and punches p. gf through the open car window, while leaving her kids upstairs alone.      Idiot preggo plaintiff also says d. made threats about terminating her pregnancy, and p. went with bf there anyway.     P. gf says she got punched, has a lump on forehead, and then got out of the car.      Pregnant p. went to doctor three days later, so not urgent.  

D. says p.'s have her social security card, and her kids social security cards, and d. has a police report.    

P. deadbeat sent videos of him and p. gf having sex to the defendant, and p. gf says she knew about them being sent, and that was OK with this.    

Preggo p. will soon have three kids, scary isn't it?     JJ mentions that too.    I feel sorry for all of the kids related to any of these people.  

Plaintiff gets $1 for the assault, yes, that's the amount.  I love the look on the p. gf's face when the amount is announced.   

What a bunch of idiots.      I do feel sorry for the plaintiff's three kids, the two the defendant has with the deadbeat bf, and his other kid too, because he's a moron, and doesn't care about anyone but himself.    I also want the video when the plaintiff gf, Ms. Coo-Coo for Cocoa Puffs finds out about his next gf, and kids he'll be having with that one too, that would be an epic assault video when she nails him.   Maybe it will be on Live PD some day.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

I would love to know if the plaintiffs ever had any police calls or anonymous complaints in the years before the defendants moved next door.    I'd also love to know what the p. Bobo sisters former neighbors thought about the sisters moving out from where they used to live.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

The hallterview really confirmed it for me when she accused the sisters of being jealous of her husband.

The Bobos are jealous of Valarie. They're jealous of her, her home and her husband. Yeah, I can see why that might be. I was jealous myself, looking at the hubby.  I think I might be a lot happier were I as delusional as Valarie. I did kind of feel concerned hearing about these foster kids on medication and using hypodermic needles, which Valarie throws over the fence. WTF? Were those pill bottles empty? If the Bobos called CPS, it wouldn't surprise me if they had valid reason to do so. They all seemed a little kooky to me, with this nonsense fence-fighting, but the foster kids are the ones to worry about.

2 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Since I have been banished from climbing ladders by my grown children, my daughter drove 30 minutes at midnight to disable the smoke alarm.

All you need is a broom/mop handle with which to jab the button. I was forced to get a smoke alarm that freaking talks and goes off when I cook. The handles work just fine!

• Love 4

A paint extender pole, with a paint handle attached can reach almost any button.    

In the fence fight case today with the Bobo sisters, I think all of us should be grateful if we have neighbors that aren't calling the police, CPS, and anyone else every day.      Living on either side of that fence sounds like pure hell.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

All you need is a broom/mop handle with which to jab the button. I was forced to get a smoke alarm that freaking talks and goes off when I cook. The handles work just fine!

Oh I have one of those - an old dry Swiffer handle. I used it the other day when the smoke alarm went off after I was vacuuming and sucked up the sleeve of a shirt that was dangling from the bedroom hamper and when I pulled the sleeve out, I set the belt on fire which caused the bedroom to fill with that burning tire smell, which in turn set off the smoke alarm and screaming dog. (Yes, I am aware I'm a mess). I'm talking getting-on-a-ladder-and-pulling-the-smoke-alarm-out-of-the-ceiling stuff. DD unhooked the smoke alarm which was literally going off randomly about every 10-15 min. She Amazoned me a new one and plugged it in the next day. 

18 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Rerun-Apparently it's giant hoop earring day. 

Or every day here in South Florida. 

• Love 6

OMG!  Rerun gold!  19 year old girl puts money down on a car, but INSISTS there's not a "loan" on it.  It has payments, but not a loan.  She is firm in this conviction and argues with JJ about it.  JJ dumbed it down, but I don't think dingbat ever comprehended.  I was amazed JJ didn't lose it.  Maybe she knew I was doing enough yelling for both of us.

Back in the dinosaur age, we had consumer math & household budgeting in Home Ec.  That stuff is clearly needed now more than ever.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

OMG!  Rerun gold!  19 year old girl puts money down on a car, but INSISTS there's not a "loan" on it.  It has payments, but not a loan.  She is firm in this conviction and argues with JJ about it.  JJ dumbed it down, but I don't think dingbat ever comprehended.  I was amazed JJ didn't lose it.  Maybe she knew I was doing enough yelling for both of us.

Back in the dinosaur age, we had consumer math & household budgeting in Home Ec.  That stuff is clearly needed now more than ever.

That is one of my favorites!  It's not a loan, I'm just making payments!  LOL!

• Love 6

Unfortunately, with the high vaulted or trey ceilings sometimes the mop handle doesn't work.    My previous house only had smoke alarms in the bedrooms, and hallways, not the living room, and that was according to the life safety codes.   

The next door neighbor's house had a 14' ceiling, and a smoke alarm up there, and one night it went off.   It was the 10 year battery kind, and lasted about 5 years.    He was selling, and repainted the interior, so the painters changed the alarm out for him for another 10 year model when they painted.     He joked that he was so desperate to get it to stop he was ready to go to the attic, punch through the drywall, and unplug it.     

I looked at the line up for next week, and it looks good.  The new episode are interesting, but they're also listing reruns that are some recent notably  looney toons litigants.  In my area, the reruns this week (barring thunderstorms, or high school football telecasts where they blip my channel) are some of the most mind boggling ones, so I'm hoping to see every single one.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Ah, then you probably know how to cook real food instead of fast food -  nuking something from the freezer doesn't count - and mashed 'tators don't come in no box!

On a more serious note, I never took Home Economy - but Mom made sure all 5 of us kids (3 boys and 2 girls) could cook, do laundry and simple sewing repairs - heck we even shared ironing duties back in the day when laundry meant ironing... And when we got to be teenagers, everyone in the family had a day of the week when it was our turn to cook the family dinner... Dad made a mean round steak, mashed potatoes and gravy dinner.

Just another shortfall of our education system - oh, like being literate and speaking understandable English (yes, at this point I don't even expect proper English - just freeking come close enough that I don't need CC.)

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Ah, then you probably know how to cook real food instead of fast food -  nuking something from the freezer doesn't count - and mashed 'tators don't come in no box!

On a more serious note, I never took Home Economy - but Mom made sure all 5 of us kids (3 boys and 2 girls) could cook, do laundry and simple sewing repairs - heck we even shared ironing duties back in the day when laundry meant ironing... And when we got to be teenagers, everyone in the family had a day of the week when it was our turn to cook the family dinner... Dad made a mean round steak, mashed potatoes and gravy dinner.

Just another shortfall of our education system - oh, like being literate and speaking understandable English (yes, at this point I don't even expect proper English - just freeking come close enough that I don't need CC.)

Love the family cooking plan! If I have kids I'll do that! I'll admit I'm really bummed cooking at home isn't en vogue for my generation. I've found myself preferring frozen crap over making the same thing from scratch. I used to love cooking dinner every evening when I was back in high school. I don't know what went wrong!

• Love 4

The other week our smoke alarm was going off in the middle of the night, due to a dying battery. Took my hubby and I forever to figure out where the noise was coming from . Alarm was in another room.  We thought it was one of my husband's many electronics beeping.   Finally son walks in and he knew it had been going off, but didn't do anything about it.  On topic: Can I take son to court for pain and suffering from letting the alarm ring?

• Love 7

You not only do the pain and suffering, but retroactively for labor pains, nine months of pregnancy discomfort, and every time nailed his diaper the second you were hurrying out the door.   

My smoke alarm battery maintenance program is over the top, but I have the alarms with the touch latches so I can replace the batteries quickly, and I replace the batteries every six months.   

Some of this week's cases have animals involved, and some viewers might want to skip those.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
On 9/28/2018 at 8:14 AM, Pondlass1 said:

I've learned to always get it written into a contract - which helped me with my own small claims when I had stone steps installed at my home.  ALWAYS get it in writing, get it signed (even with friends) and know your dates.  Makes life so much simpler.  Thanks Judge Judy.

Yes!  Watching Judge Judy actually can help remind us of this.  Kind of like watching Suze Orman or Dave Ramsey.  A lot of financial planners disagree with them, but say that if watching causes people to think about their finances more often, then it's a good thing.

On 9/29/2018 at 11:56 AM, zillabreeze said:

I do some asset recovery work and it is AMAZING how many people say, "It quit running, so I quit making payments on it."  

Edited by TheLastKidPicked
  • Love 5
On 9/28/2018 at 5:08 PM, AngelaHunter said:
On 9/28/2018 at 2:39 PM, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Since I have been banished from climbing ladders by my grown children, my daughter drove 30 minutes at midnight to disable the smoke alarm.

This made me laugh, because my 70-year-old mama has also been instructed to quit messing with ladders and stepstools, and she just whacks at her smoke detector with a broom handle, too. 

On 9/29/2018 at 9:59 AM, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

I was vacuuming and sucked up the sleeve of a shirt that was dangling from the bedroom hamper and when I pulled the sleeve out, I set the belt on fire which caused the bedroom to fill with that burning tire smell, which in turn set off the smoke alarm and screaming dog. (Yes, I am aware I'm a mess).

Patti, this is another solid argument I can use to bolster my firm belief that HOUSEWORK IS FRAUGHT WITH PERIL. You were just trying to vacuum and nearly set the house ablaze; cleaning is obviously far too dangerous!

On 9/29/2018 at 2:21 PM, SRTouch said:

And when we got to be teenagers, everyone in the family had a day of the week when it was our turn to cook the family dinner... Dad made a mean round steak, mashed potatoes and gravy dinner.

Aww. We did this in our house, too! Grew up with my sister, our single mom, and our grandparents. Nobody was much of a cook, alas, though my sister and I taught ourselves as adults when we got tired of our sad Rice-a-Roni skillz. Meanwhile, my grandpa's night of the week was Friday. I think he cooked two terrible meals in the rotation; he couldn't coordinate the timing, so we would all sit down to a round of eggs...and then after ten minutes there was toast...and then some bacon a while later. After that, he took us out to dinner every Friday night until he died, bless his heart. :)

• Love 8
18 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Finally son walks in and he knew it had been going off, but didn't do anything about it.  On topic: Can I take son to court for pain and suffering from letting the alarm ring?

At minimum, I hope you set your son down and made him write 10000 times, "If the smoke detector is making noise, alert Mom and Dad."

• Love 5

Dog custody case with whiny woman and slightly mouth-breathing, but capable-looking guy.  Man, I wanted to slap that girl.  You live together for years.  You get a dog together.  YOU move out and leave not only the dog but YOUR cat for four months, but you expect to be able to go back and get the dog whenever you please?  Now it’s months after that and you think JJ is going to give you the dog?  Uproot the poor thing from a HOUSE to live in an apartment?  Um, no.  Go cry your crocodile tears somewhere else.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, ButYourHonor said:

Dog custody case with whiny woman and slightly mouth-breathing, but capable-looking guy.  Man, I wanted to slap that girl.  You live together for years.  You get a dog together.  YOU move out and leave not only the dog but YOUR cat for four months, but you expect to be able to go back and get the dog whenever you please?  Now it’s months after that and you think JJ is going to give you the dog?  Uproot the poor thing from a HOUSE to live in an apartment?  Um, no.  Go cry your crocodile tears somewhere else.

Seriously.  She needs to take the words "my dog" out of her vocabulary, at least as far as HIS dog is concerned!  GAH what a boo-hoo she is!  JJ called it: Hysterical doesn't work with everyone, especially JJ.

• Love 6

I wanted to slap the whiny, idiotic animal abandoner who wanted to cram her dog into her apartment.   And not cat owner of the year either, since she moved in January, and didn't come back for the cat until April.    The pathetic sobbing at the end of the case, after the p. lost was pathetic.   

Trespassing neighbor who chopped down bougainvillea, and a dead palm tree, and both were on the defendant's property.      The plaintiff is another idiot who thinks this is a show where you can chime in any time you want to.       I feel sorry for the defendant, because living next to that loon of a defendant must be terrible, and it's been 18 years of this garbage.       I bet codes enforcement, police, and anyone else the plaintiff can contact have regular complaints about the defendant.    No money to the jerk plaintiff.     

Reruns-Woman accused of breaking into former house---Young couple had two huge fights, and d. loony woman was removed by the police.  They lived together for two years!   Is that a record?   They even bought motorcycles together, how touching.  They bought a miniature English bull terrier female, and she had puppies with one of plaintiffs Chihuahuas.  One Chihuahua actually is his mom's, and mom lives with him too.       They finally had the dog spayed.   P. gets the dog, and pays d. $450.        They bought two motorcycles, he has both of them now,   $4600 left on motorcycle, but trade in is only $2k plus.       She had rotten credit, so she couldn't buy the motorcycle in her name, and JJ said sell the motorcycle and eat the loss.

Two big fights in the last couple of months, after he gave her a 30 day notice.      After the second fight the d. destroyed a lot, After the first fight, and the 30 day notice she got a protective order, and he had to live elsewhere, and then the order was cancelled.    Loony d. stabbed the 1300 memory foam mattress.    The protective order let her live in his house, with the mother.    Then when the protective order was cancelled, d. got evicted, and she broke a window and tried to break in.      He's lucky he's OK, because the d. looks like a Bunny Boiler.     I hope he has a security system, and good smoke alarms now, because I think she's a little on the vindictive side.   P. gets the $726, and d. is pissed.  

Nutso defendant, who got arrested because he 'lashed out at society for taking his kids away".   When you can't remember how many arrests you've had, then you're in serious trouble.  P. is suing d. for unpaid bail for the d.'s heroin arrest.     The d. and p. have one kid together, and p. has three kids, and was on welfare at the time, and d. claims welfare knew p. was living there ( bet they didn't either).    He was a roofer, and seems a lot dim.    Then he got busted for heroin possession, and on 14 other charges.    Is that a record?     D. never paid her any bail money, for heroin possession, bail was $2,500.   It's now almost $2,700 in outstanding bail.     Since 2015 for drug charges, possession of stolen vehicle, child endangerment (during a fight), he's spent a year in prison.     The kids are all with the p.'s step dad, and I hope he's a better parent than either one of these whack jobs.    I wonder if he's had his trial yet?   I hope he gets a lot of years.   JJ decided to pay plaintiff's bail bondsman's bills, over $2,600.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
On 9/28/2018 at 3:57 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Another lovely fence v. neighbors case, nuttiness to follow--The Bobo sisters, who apparently shop the Walmart Halloween costume clearance sale for wardrobe, seem like total loons.       

On 9/28/2018 at 2:39 PM, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

What was up with the litigants in today's fence case? The Bobo Sisters (dressed in bright Halloweenish taffeta) were all offended because the fence guys put a mark on her iron fence? (BTW my Cuban Mom used to call any clownish people Bobos so I couldn't stop laughing when they were introduced - it fit pretty well). And then the niece of the plaintiff threw a medicine bottle over the fence? With her name on it? Maybe the niece was shooting up in the backyard and just flung everything over the fence cos going to the garbage is not a priority. There were some odd statements about Compton in the hallterview and "going back where they came from". Did anybody else catch that? 

I am so very bummed that I can scarcely function. Why do I, without fail, forget to turn on the TV or to record when such classic litigants as the Bobo sisters make an appearance? My husband complains when I record series because I'm not very good about getting to the episodes quickly or about deleting them once I've seen them (sometimes there's something interesting in a case and I think I might possibly want to watch it again). 

The Bobo sisters sound like half the females in my husband's extended family.  I can't even say with absolute certainty that they're not related to him. I've never heard the surname Bobo  in connnection with my husband's relatives, but then again, I've never been told that no one in the family has the surname Bobo

Regardless, I'm not happy with myself.

Edited by jilliannatalia
  • Love 4

Nutso defendant, who got arrested because he 'lashed out at society for taking his kids away".

I never saw this and I feel queasy and pissed off. Come on, producers! If I wanted to watch a sewer being trawled, I'd go with "Steve Wilkos" or some such sordid garbage. Revolting welfare scammer doesn't work or earn a dime, but regularly squats and squirts out a baby. Her loverboy is the felonious heroin dealer and junkie, who has been arrested so many times he can't add the arrests up off the top of his head. Her brilliant idea - have another baby with him. It will increase what she sucks up at the public trough! She shacks up with junkie (oh, sure - she informed the welfare office of that and they're just fine with it) who is "angry" at the community because the gaggle of unfortunate children were taken away from him and welfare mommy. The fact that the baby was injured while they were fighting over it, that he's a habitual offender/drug dealer and she's a worthless drain on the public has nothing to do with it. It's everyone else's fault. I just hope stepdaddy is a better custodian of those helpless kids than those brain-dead cretins. Ugh! I had enough JJ for today.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I never saw this and I feel queasy and pissed off. Come on, producers! If I wanted to watch a sewer being trawled, I'd go with "Steve Wilkos" or some such sordid garbage. Revolting welfare scammer doesn't work or earn a dime, but regularly squats and squirts out a baby. Her loverboy is the felonious heroin dealer and junkie, who has been arrested so many times he can't add the arrests up off the top of his head. Her brilliant idea - have another baby with him. It will increase what she sucks up at the public trough! She shacks up with junkie (oh, sure - she informed the welfare office of that and they're just fine with it) who is "angry" at the community because the gaggle of unfortunate children were taken away from him and welfare mommy. The fact that the baby was injured while they were fighting over it, that he's a habitual offender/drug dealer and she's a worthless drain on the public has nothing to do with it. It's everyone else's fault. I just hope stepdaddy is a better custodian of those helpless kids than those brain-dead cretins. Ugh! I had enough JJ for today.

I tried but could not make up my mind as to which cretin was the more pond-scummy of the two of them.  It's unfortunate that the two of them didn't remain a couple, because they were practically petri-dish-designer-created for each other.

• Love 6