Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

I wish people with little means would look into banking at a credit union rather than a bank, which piles on fees. Credit unions used to be only open to members of specific groups (employees, union members, etc). Now lots of credit unions are open to anyone who lives or works in a geographic area. They charge little or no fees, minimum balances are low (my credit union minimum balance is $5). It's a great solution for many. Better than keeping thousands of dollars in your house. 

• Love 8

We've seen women who are seriously desperate on this show, but Karen Frolek? Her desperation is terminal and now every lonely hearts site con artist knows her name, location, knows she stupidly keeps a lot of cash lying around and that she will do and pay absolutely anything to keep the most marginal cretin about whom she knows nothing

God. She was SO stupid and desperate and I understand not wanting to reward that, but FFS that guy was such a thoroughly unpleasant asshole I hated to see him get away with it. "FEMALES" and their crazy emotions, my ass.  When he kept talking over JJ, I was hoping she'd be pissed enough to summarily award judgement to the plaintiff. 

And did Ms. Lonelyheart ever visit Diablo? Stunningly beautiful area but quite a small town (well, actually smaller than a town), remote and possibly inaccessible in the winter. The mind boggles that she thought she was going to live there happily ever after 

Yeah, um, OK...going in on a million dollar house but had to split your car down payment among several credit cards. Sure sure sure 

• Love 8
19 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Trailer arsonist-Old hag sells trailer for $4k to two young women, still doesn't move out to her next lovely trailer ($2,800 trailer in Arkansas), then after skank moves out most furniture, and appliances to new luxury cheapo trailer, the original trailer burns to the ground.    Old hag (I'm an old hag too, so I can say that) burns trailer down, and then uses the $1200 (original trailer was paid to O.H. for $4k), for her expenses.    O.H. claims she couldn't move out because she was very ill, but could go out shopping with her granddaughter, and apparently left dryer going at the time, because that's what the fire department says burned the trailer down.   I've never heard of a dryer fire when the dryer was turned off, so she definitely did it.   O.H. claims no insurance, but I bet it was in someone else's name or something.

I can't imagine what a $2800 mobile home looks like, or a $4000 for that matter.  Our 1977 model (which was well cared for, for the most part) was $13,500 - a good deal.  The hag said she lived in a park.  The park we live in requires proof of homeowners insurance every year.  Many companies won't insure mobile homes - especially more than 10 years old, but my car insurance company found me someone.  Our park owner works with several companies that offer it.  Now hag could be living in a bad park - there are many of them, and we are fortunate to be in a good one.  The whole thing smelled like a scam to me on hag's part - not the nice younger girls who bought the mobile for their mother to live in.

5 hours ago, nora1992 said:

That was so confusing!  I went back and watched that - there was snow on the sidewalk by the cars, but none where they walked.  And in the beginning of the tape, def said plaintiff couldn’t take her son out in the cold.  

I know Spring was late arriving this year, but it wasn’t that late.  Something seems off about the case.  Either something was pulled over on JJ, or the production put something over on the audience.

We had snow here up until the end of March or beginning of April (can't remember exactly when it stopped).  But my thought was that he sad "JAN" (as in January) not "June".  But I could be wrong.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, funky-rat said:

The whole thing smelled like a scam to me on hag's part - not the nice younger girls who bought the mobile for their mother to live in.

Evil, she is. I bet she had this fire all planned before she even took the money. The plaintiffs work cleaning houses yet managed to accumlate 4K for their mother. Evil hag didn't need insurance - she got the 4,000$ she's unfortunately was able to keep since the show will pay plaintiffs.

1 hour ago, bad things are bad said:

When (UnPleasant) kept talking over JJ, I was hoping she'd be pissed enough to summarily award judgement to the plaintiff. 

I was really waiting for Byrd to stroll over and give him a little talking to - something he's done before with smart-mouth, stupid-headed assholes -  up close and personal, especially with the repetitions of "She lie! She lie!"

I'm not sorry Karen didn't get her money back. She certainly needed a wake-up call, since nothing else - not even this fugly, glaring, morally bankrupt creature hitting her up for thousands of dollars one month after hooking up - seemed to do that. I doubt this did it, but one can only hope. Bank, cancelled check, receipt, promissary note, money order - not that anyone with half a brain should have given him a dime - but had she used any one of those she could have recovered. Ah, but I guess love is blind and "I trusted him!" Too bad she never thought to ask someone who has such a good job why he has no credit or money of his own. Karen, if you feel he's such a prize and the best you can do, spend your money (what's left of it) on some counselling. Oh, well.

• Love 2

Karen claimed to be a dentist, but the only thing I could find was a linked in profile as a dental hygienist. I somehow doubt an actual dentist would up and move 4 hours away with some Tinder guy.

Also: Saint Cloud, MN! It's not a big city, and when I checked out Logan's facebook page, we had two mutual friends. He definitely likes the pot, which is why he knew where he was on 4/20, even though obviously Judge Judy didn't (and Byrd didn't tell her the reference). I do believe he got his dog high, but I also believe he probably takes good care of her. 

Also: The lovely Madison, who was there with him, was just a few months clean from "hard drugs" when she hooked up with "doobie", and is now pregnant with a baby girl. AFAIK from FB, they are still living with his parents. Good luck, kiddo. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I'm not sorry Karen didn't get her money back. She certainly needed a wake-up call, since nothing else - not even this fugly, glaring, morally bankrupt creature hitting her up for thousands of dollars one month after hooking up - seemed to do that. I doubt this did it, but one can only hope. Bank, cancelled check, receipt, promissary note, money order - not that anyone with half a brain should have given him a dime - but had she used any one of those she could have recovered.

I think she might have had some proof, somewhere in all those papers -- maybe some text messages or emails.  She'd try to say something and Judy would cut her off.  She seemed either slow, or half-asleep, or discombobulated by being on TV.  That's what lawyers are for -- to help clients get their shit together so that the judge doesn't end up yelling "I don't care!

• Love 7

That poor plaintiff was trying to explain her "envelopes".  JJ just shut her down.  I wanted to cry.  I've done envelopes.  You find the best way to cash your check, then spread everything on the kitchen table with envelopes and move & shuffle to keep the rent paid & the lights on.

Dearest Judge Judy - ever hear of Dave Ramsey? He's some financial guy and part of his system is putting money in envelopes for different purposes. One of my daughters was "doing" the Dave Ramsey system and we went out to dinner and she was pulling money from her "entertainment envelope" out of her wallet when we divided up the bill. Oh and don't come to my house either because I got money hidden in my house in an envelope as well - just various small chunks of money that I'm using to save for a vacation. 

Karen The Supposed Dentist could have very well been Tinderized enough to want to move to St. Cloud with Big Dumb Scammy Dude Who Byrd Flew Up On and Gave A Talking To. I remember seeing a woman who was a radiologist on Dr. Phil or some other sleezy talk show and she was insistent that Joran Vandersloot (the guy that offed Natalie Holloway) was innocent and she was in love with him and flying down to see him and giving him boatloads of money. That woman was probably in her 50s and enamored with a jailhouse criminal that didn't even live in the US (oh but he was stringing her along and she could not even see it) 

I'm super bummed I missed the Flying Snowmobile case! Damn DISH network had a local outage that day and all that was on my DVR was 30 min of "Yes We Know Your Local Station Is Out, But It We Are Working On It" with some jazzy gee-tar music. 

• Love 5

Seemed pretty obvious that Elena Menz's sexual harassment claims were made up. Here's this bulbous, unattractive woman accusing this very fit guy of sexually harassing her? Yeah, right, lady... that happened. 

Then, she prints out his Instagram photos and claims he sent them to her? Not nice. Not nice at all. Like she really thought Judge Judy would believe that? smh

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Then, she prints out his Instagram photos and claims he sent them to her? Not nice. Not nice at all. Like she really thought Judge Judy would believe that? smh

JJ gets points for this, I wasn't sure she would pick up on the difference. On the other hand, in the last case of the second episode (car scraped and dented on circular driveway), she once again demonstrates that she is no expert on accident reconstruction. What she doesn't understand is that when a car is moving forward in a right turn, the middle of the passenger side moves forward and to the right. At moderate speeds this is negligible but at very low speed and especially in a tight turn, the middle of the car's passenger side may move as much to the right as it moves forward. Not that I necessarily buy the guys claim about how it happened, I think "more likely than not" would have been sufficient basis for the verdict. However, JJ annoys when she smiles and acts like an expert on something where she is not, then ridicules people, sneering at them and pronouncing that what they claim is impossible.

• Love 5

Sexual harassment/no wages-Woman who wears a black bra with a see through pink top needs to do something different, so I don't see her underwear.  Of course, at least she wears bras.

Woman owed 1,036 for back wages, until she claims man harasses female employees that don't put out.   Unfortunately, JJ doesn't like people who lie about harassment, and screen grab pictures off of FB/Instagram, whatever, and claim they were sent directly to them.    Idiot woman lost her back wages.    The highlight was when d.'s witness got bounced by Byrd.   Also, JJ mentioned Byrd's crossword and asked him to transfer bag to d. interrupting valuable crossword time.  

Pool fraud-Woman who sold house says on disclosure that 15 year old above ground pool liner is OK.   Her husband asked for a proposal to get a new liner in 2016, and house sold in 2017, with still ripped liner.   I bet her real estate agent wants to hurt her right now.     I think replacing the liner before putting it on the market, or just removing the pool, would have been the smarter option.    However, d. is stupid, and lied on disclosure about the pool instead of doing the right thing.     I think the pool liner issue should have been easy to see by either an inspector, or the buyer, so I'm not sure they should get entire amount.    $2,000+ awarded, but they bought the house as is, and the pool was plenty old enough to be falling apart, and they did have a chance to inspect everything, so don't think I would have given them the full amount.     

Drunken brawl, leading to wreck of car in driveway on Thanksgiving.    P. in her truck, D. in his truck following p. home.    She claims d. drove across grass in turn around, and rammed her car in her driveway.   D. claims p. jumped into car again she parked, and backed up and hit the right side of her car, on his truck.    His insurance company didn't pay, but at least he had insurance.  P. doesn't want to put through her insurance, because she has $1,000 deductible, and she doesn't want to pay that.   JJ told everyone too bad. I bet everyone was drinking, including p., and were all driving loaded.    What a lovely drunken Thanksgiving that was.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Sexual harassment/no wages-Woman who wears a black bra with a see through pink top needs to do something different, so I don't see her underwear.  Of course, at least she wears bras.

Woman owed 1,036 for back wages, until she claims man harasses female employees that don't put out.   Unfortunately, JJ doesn't like people who lie about harassment, and screen grab pictures off of FB/Instagram, whatever, and claim they were sent directly to them.    Idiot woman lost her back wages.    The highlight was when d.'s witness got bounced by Byrd.   Also, JJ mentioned Byrd's crossword and asked him to transfer bag to d. interrupting valuable crossword time.  

Pool fraud-Woman who sold house says on disclosure that 15 year old above ground pool liner is OK.   Her husband asked for a proposal to get a new liner in 2016, and house sold in 2017, with still ripped liner.   I bet her real estate agent wants to hurt her right now.     I think replacing the liner before putting it on the market, or just removing the pool, would have been the smarter option.    However, d. is stupid, and lied on disclosure about the pool instead of doing the right thing.     I think the pool liner issue should have been easy to see by either an inspector, or the buyer, so I'm not sure they should get entire amount.    $2,000+ awarded, but they bought the house as is, and the pool was plenty old enough to be falling apart, and they did have a chance to inspect everything, so don't think I would have given them the full amount.     

Drunken brawl, leading to wreck of car in driveway on Thanksgiving.    P. in her truck, D. in his truck following p. home.    She claims d. drove across grass in turn around, and rammed her car in her driveway.   D. claims p. jumped into car again she parked, and backed up and hit the right side of her car, on his truck.    His insurance company didn't pay, but at least he had insurance.  P. doesn't want to put through her insurance, because she has $1,000 deductible, and she doesn't want to pay that.   JJ told everyone too bad. I bet everyone was drinking, including p., and were all driving loaded.    What a lovely drunken Thanksgiving that was.   

That was f'n hysterical and thank you CrazyInAlabama for pointing that out. I wasn't sure what JJ was referring to but now it all makes sense! Maybe you're not so Crazy in Alabama! 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Also, JJ mentioned Byrd's crossword and asked him to transfer bag to d. interrupting valuable crossword time.  

JJ:  Byrd, take a break before 6 across and take care of this.

Byrd:  It was 6 down. 

hee!!!  Loved it!!

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 10

The bottle throwing was in February, after which plaintiff was terribly upset, afraid, etc.  They then talked about another incident in June, at which time defendant was 2 months pregnant.  JJ asked if the baby was the plaintiff's, and he said "it's a possibility".  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Karen The Supposed Dentist could have very well been Tinderized enough to want to move to St. Cloud with Big Dumb Scammy Dude Who Byrd Flew Up On and Gave A Talking To. I remember seeing a woman who was a radiologist on Dr. Phil or some other sleezy talk show and she was insistent that Joran Vandersloot (the guy that offed Natalie Holloway) was innocent and she was in love with him and flying down to see him and giving him boatloads of money. That woman was probably in her 50s and enamored with a jailhouse criminal that didn't even live in the US (oh but he was stringing her along and she could not even see it) 

I Googled Karen and she is listed as a Registered Dental Hygienist. I’m not sure why the JJ show called her a dentist. I Googled her because I couldn’t believe this gullible, pathetic woman had three years of postgraduate education, then passed a difficult board exam. A dental hygiene program at a good college is rigorous and nothing to sneeze at, but Ms. Karen is not a doctor. 

I love it when Byrd goes full on and gives litigants a talking to. That Mr. Pleasant was anything but.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Yep, so very affected that she printed them out, then deleted the pics off her 'puter/phone.... but saved hard copies.

And, really, what was so offensive about the pics anyway? Dude in shorts/swimsuit without a shirt? another no shirt from shoulders up? This past weekend I worked outside in shorts, sandals and no shirt. Should I be worried the neighbors may be collecting signatures on a petition to get me booted from the trailer park? Or did we just not see the offensive pics?

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Pool fraud-Woman who sold house says on disclosure that 15 year old above ground pool liner is OK.

She was frightening. Good lord - all that bad botox and collagen left her looking just a wee bit freaky.

It was kind of funny how her hubby went and got an itemized estimate to get the pool fixed. No, he didn't need to have it done. He was just bored that day and getting prices for items he didn't need gave him something to do.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Yep, so very affected that she printed them out, then deleted the pics off her 'puter/phone.... but saved hard copies.

And, really, what was so offensive about the pics anyway? Dude in shorts/swimsuit without a shirt? another no shirt from shoulders up? This past weekend I worked outside in shorts, sandals and no shirt. Should I be worried the neighbors may be collecting signatures on a petition to get me booted from the trailer park? Or did we just not see the offensive pics?

What she chose to wear on TV was far more offensive than the pics of her boss. Boggles the mind to think she looked in the mirror and thought: bra showing.......check. Underwear showing......check. Jiggly belly rolls showing......check. I'm ready for my television debut! I was glad JJ saw through her and was kind of hoping she would award the defendant more than the wages.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Seemed pretty obvious that Elena Menz's sexual harassment claims were made up. Here's this bulbous, unattractive woman accusing this very fit guy of sexually harassing her? Yeah, right, lady... that happened. 

Yep. Scammers hurt everyone with a legit claim.  I can't stand people like that.  He should have gotten more money, IMO, because with the current climate, someone could have taken themselves to enact violence on that man or his business based on her bogus claims.  I once worked with a woman like her (although the woman I worked with was prettier and better dressed).  Supervisor was hard on her somewhat deservedly, so she claimed harassment, and got him fired.  He supposedly looked down her shirt.  Replacement supervisor got the same treatment when he realized she was essentially BS-ing her way through work when someone would realize she really wasn't performing well.  That 2nd supervisor had been there for many years (in a different capacity) and that surprised me.  He was ANGRY as he was leaving, and I don't blame him.  The next supervisor was a woman, and my former co-worker quit.  Big shock.

Did I hear correctly that Mr. Ben-Israel said he helps people lose weight?  If so, then I wonder if he made an offer to help her lose weight and she was offended?

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, Quof said:

As Oprah has said to her guests "You're on national and syndicated tv, in front of millions of people.  If you're not dressing up today, when do you dress up?"

That's the sad part: They think they ARE dressed their best/most sexy/most attention-getting.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

That's the sad part: They think they ARE dressed their best/most sexy/most attention-getting.

Yep, all dressed up for clubbing with no idea of what appropriate courtroom apparel would be. Heck most of these fools have a smart phone permanently attached to their hand - simple Internet search would provide appropriate attire - with pictures and shopping locations.

https://m.wikihow.com/Dress-for-a-Court-Hearing

Hey, even has a picture of a cross with a red x saying this is a no-no

Course if these yahoos start dressing appropriately half the entertainment value would be lost ???

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Our litigants have violated every single rule there: Flashy, tight clothes, long fake daggers, giant crucifixes, nightclub make-up, chiffon, sequins, plunging necklines, strippers heels etc.

Watch out for plunging necklines on dresses. You’re not trying to date the judge.

16 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Course if these yahoos start dressing appropriately half the entertaunment value would be lost

This is true.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Yep, all dressed up for clubbing with no idea of what appropriate courtroom apparel would be.

If you get called up for jury duty, it will give you a whole new appreciation for watching Judge Judy.

I headed into court the first day of jury duty wearing a button up shirt and slacks, but no tie or jacket.  I was actually a little worried about being under dressed.

You would not believe how many of our fellow citizens showed up for jury duty wearing shorts and flip flops.  It was so bad that I actually wondered to myself if the defendant had been found guilty, could he go for a mistrial based on,  "If these jurors can't even wear shoes to court, how can they be trusted to find me innocent or guilty?"

Edited by TheLastKidPicked
  • Love 10

A colleague who practises family law tells the story of preparing a client for trial.   The woman cursed like a sailor and the lawyer tried to make her understand she couldn't swear like that in court, because it's a very formal occasion.  "No fucking problem," she said.

The next day, she arrived in a strapless, full length gown. Because court is a very formal occasion. 

• Love 15
8 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:
23 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Pool fraud-Woman who sold house says on disclosure that 15 year old above ground pool liner is OK.

She was frightening. Good lord - all that bad botox and collagen left her looking just a wee bit freaky.

And I was cackling when JJ hit her with, "A woman with a double process..." Hee!

I was equally enjoying JJ making the scammer with the saddest red wig ever stumble over her stupid story.  Yeah, you were doing your girl a favor by hiding her car at your house.  She as much admitted in the hallway interview that she scammed her lifelong friend.  "She's mad that she got finessed."  TRASH.

Mr. Gonzalez with the impounded car.  I don't know about NY but Philadelphia will snatch your vehicle in a heartbeat for expired inspection.  They even have a name for it:  The Live Stop program.

• Love 9

What a stupid couple of litigants. I agree the dog from the other day was smarter than both of these fools.   So p. finances a Dodge Dart for d., d. claims p. was only hiding the car with her, and she only had to pay insurance, and the insurance amount was just about the monthly cost for a used Dodge Dart (amazing coincidence that the amounts are about the same, or d. pays a freaking ton for car insurance).    Of course d. totaled it, and the insurance didn't pay enough, so p. wants the shortfall on what insurance paid, vs. what she still owes.     

Too bad infant d. didn't get a big payout for the lead poisoning, (from a 1999 case)because she still seems to be suffering the after effects of that, in being below 50 IQ points.  Yes, some guardian sued years ago for lead poisoning, and lost.     

I can't believe plaintiff was so stupid as to finance this car, when the defendant makes so little money, and has such bad credit.  On a shallow note, what the hell is on the defendant's eyes?   Huge fake eyelashes, or caterpillars she glued on?      Byrd also got interrupted doing 9 Down on his puzzle to listen to this garbage.   

Car with expired (last year) inspection gets pulled over after dropping car owner at the airport, and meandering his way home.    The car got pulled over for expired inspection, they search the car and found weed, pills, and case was later dismissed.   My guess is since it wasn't in his name, they couldn't prove if the driver and friend owned the drugs, or if the jerky car owner owned it, so they tossed it.      Idiot car owner wants money the ticket and impound cost, which is over $300.     New York requires valid inspection, and many areas emissions testing, and can't be reregistered until the inspection is valid.     Car owner wanted moving costs, because he had to move from pill/weed user as a roommate, and moving out would look better for his custody battle.   By the way, my reading is that if you don't have a valid inspection, then you don't have a valid registration, and they will tow you.       

Soldier went to Alaska-D. agreed to store his truck on her property til he got back.     D. and P. have braces or right arm casts, and P. is limping, I wonder if the hotel has a video of the fight they had last night?         He stored his truck with her, and gun under the back seat of truck, gun is long gone, and he has zero proof of who did it.  Defendant, who is wearing a lovely night clubbing dress, claims his Sergeant picked up the gun.    However, he left his truck on her property, and it was trashed, and license plate switched.      He found receipts in truck for gas, and she was driving his truck a lot.  OMG!  Defendant approached the bench without permission.   

Apparently, the defendant ripped the front wheel almost off.  It costs $4700 to get it fixed.    He gets $1500, because he can't prove the other $3,200 was her damage.

D. claims towing, and no receipts, no money of course.  She also wants $350 a month and utilities, and JJ told her to stuff it.   Defendant claims he lived there for 10 days, and that made him a roommate.  

Loan, rent, and dog with idiot boyfriend defendant.    P. took his phone, apparently saw evidence of ho activity, and they had a fight over house temperature (no I'm not joking).    I'm upset, apparently d. has no idea where dog is, but I'm hoping that a lie, and he got the dog a good home.      I hate this heifer plaintiff already, and on a superficial note, next time buy that dress two sizes bigger so I don't have to see every bump of lard.  She took his phone, and made some calls, I suspect to his other tramps, they had a fight, she never returned his phone, but changed it to her phone.     He doesn't have to pay ho rent after he moved out.   Now JJ gets to the big issue, where is the dog?    She claims he stole the dog, and the police refused to make a report.   Defendant still says he doesn't know where dog is.     I love she's trying to sue for the cost of the dog, and she got it as a gift seven years ago.   And plaintiff just said the dog came back on his own-what a bad dog owner she is, and what a freaking liar she is.     Plaintiff gets nothing, and deserves nothing either.    I'm not sure how the phone came out, because I was so ticked that plaintiff kept talking like the dog was permanently gone, and they finally admits the poor animal came back.      Next time he should follow the old rule, "Never sleep with anyone crazier than you are".   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The car got pulled over for expired inspection

I expect the car got pulled over for a driving infraction (at least a warning).  The police can't see the inspection sticker while the car's in motion.

• Love 3

It depends on the state.   Years ago my military dad had a home base of my mother's state (no idea why, it was a bad move), which required inspections.   Every freaking time we had to go visit my mother's parents in that state, we would get pulled over by the state troopers, after going through the toll booth.   They sat there, looked for inspections, and valid stickers on the license plate (they were color coded by month and year, so it was easy to tell they were good), and nailed a lot of people every day.     We got used to getting stopped because it happened every time we went for the lousy visits to the grandparents.     Dad would have to show his military i.d., and show proof of where we lived, and then the officer would let us go.    Dad finally started getting it inspected when we went to the state, so we wouldn't get pulled over.   

In this case I bet you're right, and the idiot either did a big no-no with the car, or the officer was parked and noticed the inspection sticker was the wrong color, or something.   And everyone's right, in Philadelphia the car would have been instantly towed, tickets issued on the spot, and the owner would have to go to court to pay the tickets, and pay the tow fees, and get it towed off the lot.   No valid registration because of bad inspection means you have to surrender the plates.    So he would then have to get the inspection done, fix anything they found wrong, then get emissions tests maybe, and then reregister the car.    Of course, by then his insurance at fly by night insurance would have expired, or be cancelled, so he still couldn't drive it.   

I think I've learned a lot watching Parking Wars.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

If you get called up for jury duty, it will give you a whole new appreciation for watching Judge Judy.

I headed into court the first day of jury duty wearing a button up shirt and slacks, but no tie or jacket.  I was actually a little worried about being under dressed.

You would not believe how many of our fellow citizens showed up for jury duty wearing shorts and flip flops.  It was so bad that I actually wondered to myself if the defendant had been found guilty, could he go for a mistrial based on,  "If these jurors can't even wear shoes to court, how can they be trusted to find me innocent or guilty?"

It must be different here. I was called for jury duty a couple years ago and when we went to the courtroom for the selection process, the judge very sternly told those dressed in shorts, flipflops, tanks tops and low cut tops that that type of clothing was not appropriate or tolerated if they were selected to serve on the jury. She said if jurors showed up dressed inappropriately, they would be told to leave and cited for contempt for wasting the court's time. I wound up being selected and wore nice jeans, a sweater and closed toe shoes. Most of my fellow jurors wore jeans but they weren't all shredded and were clean. There was no boobage or titty tats in the courtroom!?

• Love 10
2 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I was equally enjoying JJ making the scammer with the saddest red wig ever stumble over her stupid story.  Yeah, you were doing your girl a favor by hiding her car at your house.  She as much admitted in the hallway interview that she scammed her lifelong friend.  "She's mad that she got finessed."  TRASH.

Yep

2 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Mr. Gonzalez with the impounded car.  I don't know about NY but Philadelphia will snatch your vehicle in a heartbeat for expired inspection.  They even have a name for it:  The Live Stop program.

I don't know about NY either.... but, even if they don't impound the vehicle the first time - by idiot's own testimony this was the second time this vehicle was stopped for an expired sticker.... how many times does he figure cops should let a vehicle drive away with a ticket or warning with an expired SAFETY inspection sticker (to me, once could be one too many. Can you imagine the uproar if cop gave a warning and a few miles later someone is hurt because of something the safety inspection would have identified/prevented.)

• Love 5
10 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Yep. Scammers hurt everyone with a legit claim.  I can't stand people like that.  He should have gotten more money, IMO, because with the current climate, someone could have taken themselves to enact violence on that man or his business based on her bogus claims.  I once worked with a woman like her (although the woman I worked with was prettier and better dressed).  Supervisor was hard on her somewhat deservedly, so she claimed harassment, and got him fired.  He supposedly looked down her shirt.  Replacement supervisor got the same treatment when he realized she was essentially BS-ing her way through work when someone would realize she really wasn't performing well.  That 2nd supervisor had been there for many years (in a different capacity) and that surprised me.  He was ANGRY as he was leaving, and I don't blame him.  The next supervisor was a woman, and my former co-worker quit.  Big shock.

Did I hear correctly that Mr. Ben-Israel said he helps people lose weight?  If so, then I wonder if he made an offer to help her lose weight and she was offended?

Might also be that she was just crushing on him and her affections were not reciprocated. He took one look at her and thought, "Uh, no." And, she got mad.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Might also be that she was just crushing on him and her affections were not reciprocated. He took one look at her and thought, "Uh, no." And, she got mad.

That's exactly what I thought. She was trying to make it sound like he took just her out to dinner and drinks. But, before she got the boot, his witness  piped up and said another employee was also at dinner. I loved JJ shooting her down when she batted her eyelashes and acted all innocent saying she didn't partake of any alcohol.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

It was kind of funny how her hubby went and got an itemized estimate to get the pool fixed. No, he didn't need to have it done. He was just bored that day and getting prices for items he didn't need gave him something to do.

She gave me the willies, too. It's mind-boggling to me  that so many people essentially pay to have their faces vandalized.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Might also be that she was just crushing on him and her affections were not reciprocated.

I found both of them to be very unappealing and dim-witted. She's a dopey liar who made fake evidence and he's another gape-jawed idiot, who, when asked for the only proof he needed to rebut plaintiff's accusation about being owed money, gives the usual, "Duh... I don't have that on me." I bet he doesn't have it anywhere else either, cuz that's how he does business.

4 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

It's mind-boggling to me  that so many people essentially pay to have their faces vandalized.

"Vandalized!" Great description!

• Love 6

The pool case also made me wonder if excessive botox and fillers makes you stupid, or if that woman was an idiot before she 'vandalized' her face.   Even though the house was sold "as is", I'm wondering if the homeowners could have sued for a lot more because of the fraud they could prove?      The seller was lucky the buyers didn't really go after her.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

Just watched the latest.

So some woman wanted Robert ("I don't know the word "YES") Gonzalez, who was suing his friend, Zeb, he who had a "little bit of grass and a little bit of pills" in the car Robert let him drive. Robert is simply repulsive and annoying in every way possible, yet some woman not only wanted him, but wanted to breed with him! Yes, she did! Another woman in the last stages of terminal desperation. OMG.

Are the Marines now also in such a state of desperation for warm bodies they will take on the silly Goofy who thought it was a capital idea to march off to training and leave his gun lying around - either under the backseat of his "muddin'" truck or under the bed of the highly irritating def. in her trowled-on makeup, tight red dress and smug smirk? Both of them had some sort of brace or cast on their right arms. The truck just need a "ball bearing" she says with the kind of certainty that comes from her vast experience as a mechanic. I'm sure she's right.

Then I watched Nalomi(?) suing her former bestie, Anashatier (such a lofty name for someone so freakin' dumb she can barely formulate a yes or no answer) who was decked out in a terribly janky-ass wig, huge fake eyelashes, facial piercing and fake talons, can't keep a job, has horrible credit, yet needed a 2016 Dodge Dart which she couldn't drive without crashing nearly immediately. Plantiff seemed to agree Anashatier needed such a new car and was willing to put her own credit on the line even though she knows A. doesn't pay her debts, and stupidly puts the car in her name, so is stuck with the balance owing.

Nalomi had some words of wisdom in the hall: "Don't help out people that can't help they own damned self." Sing it, Nalomi.

• Love 7

Started catching up on last week's cases. Made it halfway through the long-haired blonde woman who met her crossed-arms dream boat online and proceeded to fork over tons of cash. I believe she had cash in the house, and gave it to him, despite JJ's admonitions against having cash in the house.  But I couldn't even make it all the way through listening to that nonsense.  Having read all about it here, it was all just too incredibly stupid to listen to.

They were together, what, a couple of weeks before she doled out the moolah?  And he was going to buy a million dollar home?  Amazing, and not in a good way.

• Love 6
On 9/15/2018 at 3:55 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Are the Marines now also in such a state of desperation for warm bodies they will take on the silly Goofy who thought it was a capital idea to march off to training and leave his gun lying around - either under the backseat of his "muddin'" truck or under the bed of the highly irritating def. in her trowled-on makeup, tight red dress and smug smirk? Both of them had some sort of brace or cast on their right arms. 

They both had arm braces and he was limping.  I wonder if they were in a car accident together?

• Love 3
On 9/14/2018 at 8:46 PM, lovesnark said:

I seem to get called every 4 years like clockwork.  I've only served on 2 juries over 20 years, but I have definitely seen the decline of what is considered "appropriate" for court.  My last trip to the courthouse was by far the worst parade of fashion nightmares yet.  Two 20-something women had on what I would consider pajamas, as if they were competing for the "Look Who Cares Less" award.  Contestant #1 had way too tight faded sweatpants w/ "Juicy" across the ass. Said sweatpants were riding so low, the crack of said ass and the obligatory tramp stamp were on full display.  Her top was comprised of several spaghetti-strap camis (also too tight) with dirty, tattered bra straps exposed.  Contestant #2 was wearing a pair of those fleecy lounge pants - Hello Kitty theme of course- but they were so filthy and worn out, there was no fluffiness left in the fleece.  She wore a pink Victoria Secret t-shirt with a super deep V neck so all of her titty tats could be viewed.  There were at least a couple of "gentlemen" with their jeans hanging below their butt cheeks, and one guy who looked like he was 40+ with bright orange streaks in his gray pony tail and he was sporting a treasure trove of facial piercings.  I'm still not sure how he got through the metal detector on the first floor.  I wasn't selected for that jury panel. I presume it's because I was wearing a pencil skirt with an Oxford blouse and low pumps, my hair was combed, I wasn't chewing gum & mouth breathing at the same time, & I only have one piercing in each ear.   

• Love 9
1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

I seem to get called every 4 years like clockwork.  I've only served on 2 juries over 20 years, but I have definitely seen the decline of what is considered "appropriate" for court.  My last trip to the courthouse was by far the worst parade of fashion nightmares yet.  Two 20-something women had on what I would consider pajamas, as if they were competing for the "Look Who Cares Less" award.  Contestant #1 had way too tight faded sweatpants w/ "Juicy" across the ass. Said sweatpants were riding so low, the crack of said ass and the obligatory tramp stamp were on full display.  Her top was comprised of several spaghetti-strap camis (also too tight) with dirty, tattered bra straps exposed.  Contestant #2 was wearing a pair of those fleecy lounge pants - Hello Kitty theme of course- but they were so filthy and worn out, there was no fluffiness left in the fleece.  She wore a pink Victoria Secret t-shirt with a super deep V neck so all of her titty tats could be viewed.  There were at least a couple of "gentlemen" with their jeans hanging below their butt cheeks, and one guy who looked like he was 40+ with bright orange streaks in his gray pony tail and he was sporting a treasure trove of facial piercings.  I'm still not sure how he got through the metal detector on the first floor.  I wasn't selected for that jury panel. I presume it's because I was wearing a pencil skirt with an Oxford blouse and low pumps, my hair was combed, I wasn't chewing gum & mouth breathing at the same time, & I only have one piercing in each ear.   

I'm so incredibly glad I looked at this thread. It reminded me that I  received a jury summons a few weeks ago, which I opened and promptly filed away without even bothering to note it on my calendar. i pulled it out, only to find out that my jury appearance is for tomorrow. I'll almost certainly be dismissed as I've tried cases for both the public defender's office and the DA's office in this jurisdiction, but still it would have looked tacky (I wouldn't have been cited the first time, though action is theoretially possible) had I blown off the summons. 

THANKS!!!!!

On 9/10/2018 at 1:36 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

They had a similar fatal accident on the Maine edition of North Woods Law.    And they said that other riders love to go on the melting ice, get up to speed, and try to make it across the holes melted in the ice, and many times don't make it.  

Most of us were young and stupid at some point in our lives, but this goes beyond youthful stupidity regardless of the ages of those who engage in the activity.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

I wasn't selected for that jury panel. I presume it's because I was wearing a pencil skirt with an Oxford blouse and low pumps, my hair was combed, I wasn't chewing gum & mouth breathing at the same time, & I only have one piercing in each ear.   

I'm curious. Were you called into the jury box and then dismissed, as on a peremptory challenge or even for cause, or was the jury seated before you were called? (I'm referring to the time you wore the pencil skirt and oxford blouse.)

• Love 1

For the time described above, I was never empaneled....I was one of 3 last people standing when they had filled all 12 seats and 3 alternates.  It was me, another properly dressed woman and one of the young guys with saggy pants who were not selected.  It was a civil case, but I can’t remember all the details...something about an employee getting hurt on a construction site and blaming the company that owned the building.  

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:27 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

The pool case also made me wonder if excessive botox and fillers makes you stupid, or if that woman was an idiot before she 'vandalized' her face.   Even though the house was sold "as is", I'm wondering if the homeowners could have sued for a lot more because of the fraud they could prove?      The seller was lucky the buyers didn't really go after her.  

You still have to disclose known issues.  When we bought our house, the prior owner failed to disclose that the shed on the property was falling apart, and was full of junk.  Every time we asked to look inside, she "lost" the key.  Suddenly, after we signed the papers, she found it.  And when we opened the shed, it was full of bird poop, old box TV's, and old chairs.  Everything inside that went to he house (screens, etc) was ruined.  And when my husband put one foot on the floor, he fell through.  It was a total loss.  We went back to the park owner, who put a call in while we waited.  Park Owner was less than enthused about it and told her that she was going to withhold the payment for the house until she came and cleaned out the shed, and was withholding half the cost of a new shed (we agreed to pay half in order to get a brand new Amish-Built shed) from the proceeds of the sale once the old one was cleaned out.  All because she didn't disclose any of that ahead, and we were unable to inspect the shed (only from the outside).  If the pool was covered with ice and snow, they would not have been able to remove the cover, and therefore couldn't inspect it (despite what crazy eyed defendant said).

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:00 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Soldier went to Alaska-D. agreed to store his truck on her property til he got back.     D. and P. have braces or right arm casts, and P. is limping, I wonder if the hotel has a video of the fight they had last night?         He stored his truck with her, and gun under the back seat of truck, gun is long gone, and he has zero proof of who did it.  Defendant, who is wearing a lovely night clubbing dress, claims his Sergeant picked up the gun.    However, he left his truck on her property, and it was trashed, and license plate switched.      He found receipts in truck for gas, and she was driving his truck a lot.  OMG!  Defendant approached the bench without permission.   

Apparently, the defendant ripped the front wheel almost off.  It costs $4700 to get it fixed.    He gets $1500, because he can't prove the other $3,200 was her damage.

D. claims towing, and no receipts, no money of course.  She also wants $350 a month and utilities, and JJ told her to stuff it.   Defendant claims he lived there for 10 days, and that made him a roommate.  

P admitted to mudding with the truck.  That will damage the axles big-time if you're not careful, and I 100% believe that he knew ahead that there were problems, and I believed D that the damage was caused by him not fixing it.  We went to some mudding jamboree thing once with a guy my husband worked with eons ago.  Saw a number of broken axles that day.  Some participants claimed it was because the mud bogs weren't dug correctly, but aside from that, mudding is very hard on a truck that is already lifted.

Edited by funky-rat
Continuity
  • Love 5

Am I watching JJ or Jerry Springer?    P. sent naked pics of herself to her friend Jasmine, Jasmine is also girlfriend of D.    D. makes a remark about the relationship between Jasmine and p. implying they hump their brains out too.    Jasmine breaks up with D., and he somehow gets her phone, sees smutty pictures of D., and posts them online.      Unfortunately, there are no pictures we get to see.   Then Jasmine gets brought in to testify to JJ if she indeed had a long fight with D. boyfriend on phone, where he threatened to post pictures, and she says it was him on the phone.      Apparently, Jasmine and D. are still in a relationship, and when she is brought in to testify D. starts whispering to her about what to say.     Jasmine was hit by the ugly, and stupid sticks, and unfortunately for her will be going home with D., who is now royally ticked at her for telling the truth.    Plaintiff gets $5,000 for the pictures.     

Roommates gets booted out, and other former roommates want all kinds of money for his behavior.   The p.'s are actually citing a drunken fight the first month d. moved in.    Then there was some upset about defendant's friend staying for a week in January, but it was actually two nights.    The plaintiffs were the best dressed people I've seen on this show in a while, suits, and ties.     Defendant claims they threw him out, and were mean to him.   I think defendant is the new equivalent of Eddie Haskell, from Leave it to Beaver, and seems a little too nice to be real.    Both sides are told to stuff it, and have no case.     P. wanted d. to move out, and they had months to find another roommate.    Nothing burger of a case.  Halterview is full of allegations about assaults by defendant, and a bunch of insults.    That was the best part of the entire case. 

Limo driver assaulted by passengers, who claim he was a reckless driver.   Why do I suspect the defendant is a drunken idiot?     Plaintiff is also company owner, but drove the limo that day too.   The driver/owner p. says he was beaten up by the defendant Daniel.    Defendant's wife just got the boot, I couldn't stand her either.    Defendant and wife got picked up by people who hired the limo, and I suspect Daniel and wife were already stewed.   Daniel Donica and wife wanted to be taken home, and leave the other seven people behind, and it would have added at least an extra hour.     Daniel the d. started screaming to be taken home right now, and driver offered to take them home, and called the woman who hired the limo to take the D. and wife home, he couldn't reach the lady who hired him, pulled the limo over.    Limo driver claims Defendant climbed out and pounded the driver in the face, but didn't call the police.  The defendant's wife just stood there looking stupid, but apparently that's her usual expression, judging from her look in court.   The limo driver left them by the road, and left.   The pictures of the limo driver's face look bad.     The defendant claims the limo driver, Scott, slammed on the brakes and threw them off the seat.     Scott the limo driver made a police report the next day, but the police waited a long time to talk to the defendant.      JJ calls the woman who hired the limo driver.     The woman says she did pick up the Donicas, and they all had a lot of drinks before the limo, and Donica said the driver threw them off the seat.     I love this, when JJ asks defendant Donica why he didn't make a police report, he says "He wasn't raised that way".     What a liar he is, and I bet a big time drunk too.  Defendant loses about $2,751 for medical bills, and assault, and for being an a-hole.              

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8

Donica and the wife both look like jerks, and I bet they were drinking before the neighbor picked them up, as well as before the limo ride, and through the evening.    Donica was such a lying jerk.      Since they are the only people from the party that the limo rental lady picked up, I suspect that the defendant and wife are well known for their drinking.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Donica and the wife both look like jerks

Dumbo-eared, lame-brained Ichabod from TX - what an utter, intolerable asshole. I almost felt sorry (not) for his beaten-looking, po-faced little wifey (obviously another desperate woman), who got the boot pronto for answering for her stupid, dumbass "I'd do the same thing again" hubby who couldn't. Of course he didn't call the police after being assaulted by plaintiff. He wasn't raised that way! He was raised to settle any dispute with his fists - well, as long as he was certain his opponent could be easily subdued. I just hope the next time he opens his big mouth to someone it's a hulk-like guy who will pummel the String Bean into the ground. At least he got a spanking here today ("You're an idiot!") but it wasn't enough.

3 hours ago, funky-rat said:

P admitted to mudding with the truck.

I think you mean "Muddin'". No mudder worth his salt would say "Mudding." It's just not rough and tough enough.

• Love 10