Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

I know today was a dog bite/fight case, but very satisfying outcome.  I gathered from the Plaintiff's astonished look that she wasn't suing for the $5000, but won it anyway. (Did they ever say?) Ms. Defendant can go on the list of most odious liti-testants.  "That's what dogs do! They fight!"  There you go. In the other case, Cornell needs a neckbrace to keep himself upright. I got dizzy just leaning over trying to look at him. And little Bryson was pretty cute, but obviously not well-coached enough. When you look over and essentially ask, "What did you want me to say?" it kind takes the ooomph out of one's testimony.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 11
20 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

I know today was a dog bite/fight case, but very satisfying outcome.  I gathered from the Plaintiff's astonished look that she wasn't suing for the $5000, but won it anyway. (Did they ever say?)

Plaintiff's astonished look seemed permanent to me. 

The vet bills exceeded $5000, but I don't think they ever gave the precise total.  I paused the DVR and read the vet's report -- easy to see why the vet bill would be so high. 

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Plaintiff's astonished look seemed permanent to me. 

The vet bills exceeded $5000, but I don't think they ever gave the precise total.  I paused the DVR and read the vet's report -- easy to see why the vet bill would be so high. 

The defendant not being able to shut her face made me want to get inside the TV and slap her.

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

The defendant not being able to shut her face made me want to get inside the TV and slap her.

Seriously.  From her first lie (same side of the street) I was disgusted with her.  So was JJ.  And the more she flapped her gums, the madder the judge got.  What a horrifying thing the plaintiff had to witness!  I'm just amazed her dog survived.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I was hoping on her way out of the studio she got hit by an out-of-control tourist tram. She was absolutely vile. "That's what dogs do, they fight!" No, they don't you garbage human.

Little Bryson was absolutely adorable but I'm shocked JJ didn't start screeching at him, "This is not an audition!" I guess she's capable of some restraint. As for the case itself, my entire takeaway was the Defendant's child was not really potty training since the child seemed to urinate everywhere a potty was not. 

3 hours ago, SandyToes said:

I know today was a dog bite/fight case, but very satisfying outcome.  I gathered from the Plaintiff's astonished look that she wasn't suing for the $5000, but won it anyway. (Did they ever say?) Ms. Defendant can go on the list of most odious liti-testants.  "That's what dogs do! They fight!"  There you go. In the other case, Cornell needs a neckbrace to keep himself upright. I got dizzy just leaning over trying to look at him. And little Bryson was pretty cute, but obviously not well-coached enough. When you look over and essentially ask, "What did you want me to say?" it kind takes the ooomph out of one's testimony.

That statement (quoted above) was truly ignorant and I hope she doesn't really believe it.  Lord she was mad as a hornet.  The plaintiff better watch her back.

Someone remind me what the Patricia Bean episode is about .

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

As for the case itself, my entire takeaway was the Defendant's child was not really potty training since the child seemed to urinate everywhere a potty was not. 

Mine was that I do not have a 54 inch television set for children to use as target practice. The hell?

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

That statement (quoted above) was truly ignorant and I hope she doesn't really believe it.  Lord she was mad as a hornet.  The plaintiff better watch her back.

I think she was insinuating someone (a neighbor?) was a HOO-ER.  It has been a while since I've seen it.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Cooking grilled cheese sandwiches right on a glass top stove with no frying pan.

It truly takes all kinds.

Was that the girlfriend who was cooking “nekkid”? I think I remember bacon on the stove, but it could have been grilled cheese.

I’d love to see that rerun too!

• Love 4
On 2/21/2018 at 5:04 PM, AngelaHunter said:

New ep today, right?  U9Muhamed suing the shifty guy who rented him a room in his rented condo, took six months rent up front then got in a fight with him the day Muhamed was moving in because Muhamed wanted to bring his own bed in. Def refused, saying he had to take the room furnished the way it was. Plaintiff left and def kept all the money, muttering something about "damages", apparently magically caused by someone who never lived there. There must have been way more stuff we didn't hear about because JJ came out armed for bear against defendant. When asked who else had rented the room prior to plaintiff, def responds, "Uhhh, err. some guy named Tim." Maybe Tim did the damage in the three days he lived there? Yes, I'd let some stranger whose name I don't know move into my home too. Muhamed is a student who says things like, "They was." He said that in the hall because he didn't need to say one word during the case.

Stupid, annoying, vocally-fried and overly-madeup boring dumb girl suing former roommate for whatever damages. Ho hum.

But omg - what about batty plaintiff who has a girlfriend and they took in SIX kids from... someone or other (she dramatically paused and attempted to squeeze out a tear here over someone else's kids when she is suing her own) suing her 18-year old daughter for a 22-year old POS car she "loaned" to her, coincidentally on the daughter's birthday. Daughter's boyfriend, Jarkwadian(?) appeared next to her but I'm not sure why since I don't think this had anything to do with him. Momma gets the boot and declares in a martyred tone, "I knew this would happen." Well, if you knew it, why did you come and reveal what a crazy bitch you are? In the hall, about her daughter: "She wins again." Who says that about her teenaged child as though they're in some whacky contest? I hope someone is keeping an eye on those poor six kids. I wonder how much she and her squeeze get paid every month for them.

I think it's Jerkwadian. Jerkwadian the Janky Mason. She has 6 new kids to love now and they bought her a Lexus. Screw that teenage brat.

Edited by Hagosaurus
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

And AMEN! to the missing case of Patricia Bean! I maintain that case was nothing more than a mass hallucination on all of our parts. 

It exists! Patricia is not a figment of your imagination. I actually have that case and if I can figure out a way to put it somewhere online where it won't be instantly erased by the CBS nazis, I'll give all of you the link. 

P.S. Maybe they don't show repeats of shows where one litigant calls another a slut or a whore?

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Intocats said:

Was that the girlfriend who was cooking “nekkid”? I think I remember bacon on the stove, but it could have been grilled cheese.

I’d love to see that rerun too!

The woman in the bacon cooking/fire episode  said she was "nekkid, takin' a baff" ( while the bacon was frying). Not to be confused with just cooking "nekkid. 

I've tried researching this but come up with nothing.  Who is Patricia Bean??

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Little Bryson was absolutely adorable but I'm shocked JJ didn't start screeching at him, "This is not an audition!" I guess she's capable of some restraint. As for the case itself, my entire takeaway was the Defendant's child was not really potty training since the child seemed to urinate everywhere a potty was not. 

Way back in the wee early days of JJ, there was a woman who was suing an ex-boyfriend or something, and drug her kid in to it.  When someone mentioned the kid, he looked directly in to the camera and did jazz hands.  Every time the defendant said something, the kid started mugging for the camera, making faux shocked faces, shaking his head "no" violently, etc.  The woman wanted to put the kid on the stand, and I think she succeeded, but JJ quickly figured out the kid had been coached big-time, and ended up reaming out the mother.  I seriously wish I could find that one again.  I have the two JJ DVD's that were put out eons ago.  It might be on there - I'll have to look.  I believe the crazy Tupperware lady is on there, and someone who sued because they had body wraps done and didn't lose weight (I remember her because she looked and acted just like an airheaded friend my mom has).

12 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I was thinking the same thing.  I said "She looks like she'll cut a bitch".

My memories of Patricia Bean are somewhat foggy, but Ms. Bean was not the neighborly type, and she attacked a neighbor who was helping another neighbor out (I think someone thought she was trying to commit suicide?  That really sticks out in my mind).  There was an assault, and someone's phone was tossed in the street.  I believe we found out she was extremely sue-happy (Ms. Bean).  JJ had a field day.

• Love 4

"Your honor, ask her how many men she's been with!"

Said by Ms. Bean about the defendant.

The woman in the bacon cooking/fire episode  said she was "nekkid, takin' a baff" ( while the bacon was frying). Not to be confused with just cooking "nekkid. 

And her name was Shamprey/Shampree (sorry, don't remember the spelling).

Edited by Sarcastico
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Sarcastico said:

And we had JJ reading aloud what Patty wrote about plaintiff -  "She's just a slut." 

7 minutes ago, Sarcastico said:

And her name was Shamprey/Shampree (sorry, don't remember the spelling)

Yes! Shampree. I think someone commented that it sounded like a dollar store shampoo. 

• Love 6

Re the Bean case: I think funky-rat is right about the suicide attempt.  A neighbor of the two ladies attempted suicide, and the defendant was trying to cope.  Ms. Bean didn't feel that the defendant was handling the situation with the urgency that she -- Ms. Bean -- felt was necessary.  The two got into a tussle, and the defendant threw Ms. Bean's phone into the street.  I think she was threatening to call the police and report the defendant. 

Lesson?  When someone tries to kill himself, send for Patricia Bean!!!

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Sarcastico said:

28 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

And we had JJ reading aloud what Patty wrote about plaintiff -  "She's just a slut." 

I thought she was attacking the defendant's good name as well, but couldn't remember if I was mashing that up with the Ladies Auxiliary episode in my head, where they made similar comments.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

couldn't remember if I was mashing that up with the Ladies Auxiliary episode in my head, where they made similar comments.

Oh, yes - the Ladies Auxiliary. I think we were surprised at the use of the word "slut" from those busybody biddies, and expected them to say "harlot" or "hussy." 

• Love 5

I always gotta love these garbage humans who never have any money yet always seem to buy "luxury" cars no matter how old believing they'll impress someone somewhere. That 22-year old Lexus is going to need repairs and it doesn't matter if it's a 22-year old Lexus or 1-year old Lexus, those parts are still expensive as hell. 

Every now and then when I would drive to work I would pass a lady driving an ancient Jaguar on the road. It wasn't antique, honey, it was a hoopty Jag with rust hanging off the rear quarter panels (no snow or salt to eat those holes as I live in Florida). And my favorite part was the old school wire hanger that was stuck where the antenna used to be so she could get Benny Goodman and his Kool Kats playing moosic as she rolled down the road. But hey, girlfriend drives a Jag, y'all. 

Patricia Bean is certainly NOT a figment of anybody's imagination. I have it saved on my DVR. It was originally broadcast on 09/08/2015 as new episode #2808 (according to DISH network). The synopsis was " An elderly woman accuses a neighbor of lacking empathy after she witnesses a suicide attempt".  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sarcastico said:

Re the Bean case: I think funky-rat is right about the suicide attempt.  A neighbor of the two ladies attempted suicide, and the defendant was trying to cope.  Ms. Bean didn't feel that the defendant was handling the situation with the urgency that she -- Ms. Bean -- felt was necessary.  The two got into a tussle, and the defendant threw Ms. Bean's phone into the street.  I think she was threatening to call the police and report the defendant. 

Lesson?  When someone tries to kill himself, send for Patricia Bean!!!

I think it's the other way around on the phone tossing: from the old comments

Nasty Old Bat got vexed that the plaintiff that she got to call 911 didn't make sufficient drama about it, so in a fit of anger she tossed the phone on the ground and broke it, which she later admitted to the police

• Love 3
15 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

There's a good summary on page 107 of this thread.

• Love 2

Note to Tasia Davis......whatever is under the ugliest of ugly-ass blond wigs you have on is better than that POS. You're not a bad looking girl. Shave your head and celebrate your beauty! Between that wig and your snot catching nose decoration, I wanted you off my screen. 

• Love 7

Mr. Ortega gave us the ultimate classic:

JJ: Do you have proof you paid the 10K?

MO: Yes, absolutely.

JJ: I'd like to see it.

MO: Oh, well, I don't have it on me.

Yes, he has it, but it's at home for sure. Trust him. Luckily, "Dave" was either extremely honest or he's been sampling too much of his wacky tabaccy (he seemed kind of out of it) and was stoned because he admitted he had indeed been paid the 10K, which for some reason he didn't feel like sharing with his partner, who appeared to be an idiot or a crook.

Tasia: Another ultimate, but in wigs. My god, the thing was three feet wide. The whole cas was odd. angry Dad goes and buys a new car, but not to drive. He leaves it sitting for two years, but loads it up with 3K worth of sound equipment and then he couldn't take it out before his lying, massively-bewigged daughter, who had no clue what she had written in her answer, bought the car because it was raining.

Mom suing ex-SIL because the government trough dried up for her and her daughter: I hate to say it, but instead of spending a fortune on the hair thing, and the jewelry, she needs to get that huge, raised bubble on her forehead removed. I couldnt' stop staring at it. The thing was gigantic.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Mr. Ortega gave us the ultimate classic:

JJ: Do you have proof you paid the 10K?

MO: Yes, absolutely.

JJ: I'd like to see it.

MO: Oh, well, I don't have it on me.

Yes, he has it, but it's at home for sure. Trust him. Luckily, "Dave" was either extremely honest or he's been sampling too much of his wacky tabaccy (he seemed kind of out of it) and was stoned because he admitted he had indeed been paid the 10K, which for some reason he didn't feel like sharing with his partner, who appeared to be an idiot or a crook.

Tasia: Another ultimate, but in wigs. My god, the thing was three feet wide. The whole cas was odd. angry Dad goes and buys a new car, but not to drive. He leaves it sitting for two years, but loads it up with 3K worth of sound equipment and then he couldn't take it out before his lying, massively-bewigged daughter, who had no clue what she had written in her answer, bought the car because it was raining.

Mom suing ex-SIL because the government trough dried up for her and her daughter: I hate to say it, but instead of spending a fortune on the hair thing, and the jewelry, she needs to get that huge, raised bubble on her forehead removed. I couldnt' stop staring at it. The thing was gigantic.

The thing on the forehead was a unicorn that changed its mind. Wouldn't you? 

• Love 7

Best Dee Snider wig on the daughter today.   I could not follow the case with her father.

With the rolling eyes, and giant hair.   I was too distracted, and thinking about how she got herself into a car in the first place., with all that going on. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Tasia: Another ultimate, but in wigs. My god, the thing was three feet wide. 

Do you suppose she peered into the mirror above her vanity and declared "Why yes, yes I look fetching in my jaunty wig". 

I only saw the last few minutes of that case because high-school girls' basketball went late, so I was wondering if that thing had been mentioned in the part I missed.  Jeez, lady, forget the rent and run, do not walk, to get that thing looked at.  She has a serious medical issue or she's smuggling avocados over state lines.  Subcutaneously.  One at a time.  Either way . . .

Very scary.

• Love 7

I haven't seen a forehead lump that big since I stopped watching Cops.  She looked like someone on Cops who got hit in the head with a bottle or something in a bar parking lot.

• Love 1

One case that I keep hoping they'll rerun (if they haven't done so already) is the case of the two older women who fought at the VFW. The plaintiff apparently didn't approve of the defendant's dating habits or something and called her a slut and proceeded to get in her face. Defendant's witness saw her poke or shove the defendant (not that hard) and called the police because, from the distance at which she was standing, it looked like the plaintiff had actually hit the defendant. JJ ruled that the call was made in good faith and that the plaintiff was an instigator from the very beginning. "Keep your nose out of other people's bedrooms!" her Honor advises before dismissing the plaintiff's case.

• Love 5

Just watched the Eiolli and Straw "Abbot and Costello" comedy team from Minnesota. I just got a glass-topped stove. I must say, it never occured to me to make a grilled cheese sandwich directly on the burners. Maybe  I should try it.  Mr. Eiolli could be onto a whole new trend!

I wish I hadn't watched the repeat of Ms.Hall, who sent money to the plaintiff to repay a debt. Of course, WU was the vehicle of choice. The basilisk, hate-filled stare Ms. Hall gave JJ (instead of an answer to a reasonable question) was positively chilling.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Mom suing ex-SIL because the government trough dried up for her and her daughter to

My, my, things sure have changed since I retired. Back in my day, it was a simple thing to figure out the basic housing allowance and the difference you would receive for spouse and each additional dependant. Not as simple as reading a chart, because several factors have to be factored in - fact that he was deployed unaccompanied, his rank, number of years he's  served, number of dependants, etc... but still, simple and quick visit to Finance and he would know - maybe not quite as easy for the wife - but still not very hard. Instead, these litigants are in court fighting without knowing any numbers. Oh, and wife and her mommy just can't get it through their heads that JJ doesn't care about what happened 6 years ago - great big laugh when idiot tries to argue, oh it wasn't in 2012, it goes all the way back to '-08. 

A couple things JJ asked about which she probably shouldn't have considered. His rent in Japan and his Separate Rations.  Separate Rations is easy - they're paid to a service member to feed the service person when, because of their duty or living conditions, they can not get to a mess hall three times a day.... it is NOT meant to subsidize feeding dependants, and in fact can be canceled by the unit commander when duty status changes. What he was paid for his rent is a complicated deal based on being overseas and the cost of living.  No question his wife and son deserve a portion of his Basic Housing Allowance. However, I don't see wife being entitled to his overseas cost of living allowance - which is a nontaxable allowance designed to let the serviceman/woman maintain same standard of living as they would back in the States. (Course, in this guy's case it sounds like he was rooming with a couple buddies and saving on rent - not something COLA considers.)

• Love 6
On 2/24/2018 at 4:03 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Just watched the Eiolli and Straw "Abbot and Costello" comedy team from Minnesota. I just got a glass-topped stove. I must say, it never occured to me to make a grilled cheese sandwich directly on the burners. Maybe  I should try it.  Mr. Eiolli could be onto a whole new trend!

Ah, this case brought back happy memories... no, not about the case ?, so off topic.  I remember years ago, coming home on leave, and Mom being oh so proud of her brand new stove. Finally got rid of the old avocado green one, and the new stove was the latest thing with a glass top.... and no one else was allowed to cook on it or clean it! Had a new dish washer, too, so everybody out, don't even clean off the table because she didn't want to take a chance her new tile countertop grout would get dirty.?

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 9
59 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I wish I hadn't watched the repeat of Ms.Hall, who sent money to the plaintiff to repay a debt. Of course, WU was the vehicle of choice. The basilisk, hate-filled stare Ms. Hall gave JJ (instead of an answer to a reasonable question) was positively chilling.

Boy, isn't that the truth!  Scary broad.

• Love 4

I finally got all caught up with this week's episodes. With the dog fight case, at first I thought JJ was being a little harsh with the defendant from the get go, as she appeared to have her act together more than a lot of other litigants, and at first, I wasn't convinced she was lying. Then as the case progressed, she revealed herself to be such an utter piece of work, I'm surprised JJ didn't rip her apart even more. Yeah, continually shouting out that you don't owe the plaintiff anything is really going to go well for you when you've already agreed to abide by the show's judgment. As everyone already covered, the hallterview was just as bad, if not worse. "All dogs fight! And you're responsible for your dog's vet bills after a dog fight!" THAT'S NOT HOW THIS WORKS. THAT'S NOT HOW ANY OF THIS WORKS.

• Love 12
21 hours ago, SRTouch said:

My, my, things sure have changed since I retired. Back in my day, it was a simple thing to figure out the basic housing allowance and the difference you would receive for spouse and each additional dependant. Not as simple as reading a chart, because several factors have to be factored in - fact that he was deployed unaccompanied, his rank, number of years he's  served, number of dependants, etc... but still, simple and quick visit to Finance and he would know - maybe not quite as easy for the wife - but still not very hard. Instead, these litigants are in court fighting without knowing any numbers. Oh, and wife and her mommy just can't get it through their heads that JJ doesn't care about what happened 6 years ago - great big laugh when idiot tries to argue, oh it wasn't in 2012, it goes all the way back to '-08. 

A couple things JJ asked about which she probably shouldn't have considered. His rent in Japan and his Separate Rations.  Separate Rations is easy - they're paid to a service member to feed the service person when, because of their duty or living conditions, they can not get to a mess hall three times a day.... it is NOT meant to subsidize feeding dependants, and in fact can be canceled by the unit commander when duty status changes. What he was paid for his rent is a complicated deal based on being overseas and the cost of living.  No question his wife and son deserve a portion of his Basic Housing Allowance. However, I don't see wife being entitled to his overseas cost of living allowance - which is a nontaxable allowance designed to let the serviceman/woman maintain same standard of living as they would back in the States. (Course, in this guy's case it sounds like he was rooming with a couple buddies and saving on rent - not something COLA considers.)

I wondered from the beginning how can the mother sue the husband for rent anyway?  Wouldn't this be a joint debt and something that should be tackled in divorce court? I'm guessing she thinks her daughter won'r fare well in DC and she is trying to get as much as she can from him. 

• Love 4
On 2/21/2018 at 8:42 PM, Toaster Strudel said:

Tamara Mooney, the infamous "CURL MD" was back today, and made my blood curdle yet again.

Slogging through the back log on my DVR, I watched this awful episode again today and still, after all these years, fills me with fire. What a horrible, nasty, psychotic shrew Tamara Mooney is. I really hope that couple pursued it with the police. I google'd Tamara Mooney and came up empty -- it doesn't seem like she's doing hair anymore. 

The other old case was the looney bewigged, terminally unemployed lady suing her ex-husband for a "loan." She looked like a hairy preying mantis who spent too much time doing Jane Fonda aerobics workouts and eating only air pies and ice cubes. The interesting thing is when she stormed out at the end towards the door behind JJ, Byrd did nothing to stop her from going out the wrong door and there was already a cameraman stationed nearby with a handheld camera waiting for her. Unless that dude spends his time cowering inside the witness stand for an opportunity to catch a rampaging litigant, methinks that whole walk off was staged.