Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

So glad new episodes are back!

Me too! I'm in the midst of a reno that is stressing me out and I'm so grateful to that goofy gang of goonies for the much-needed comic relief they provided. No one could make this shit up!

• Love 5
On 8/9/2017 at 7:55 PM, AngelaHunter said:

We need to petition for another change in the dictionary. We managed to get "conversated" legitimized, and "currently" is in urgent need of updating:

YES!!

15 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I'd never seen her until today, but yeah, she looks a lot like Angelina. Also, Melysa (gah) called the cops and said the car had been stolen because her on-again off-again boyfriend didn't make the February payment. I'm not sure Luke has a manbun, though, I think its a pathetic attempt at a topknot.

JJ to Melysa's (gah) new boyfriend, I guess - "Do I look like I need help from you?"

Is there a prize for the number of times the word (I use that term loosely) "c'rect" is used in an episode? Because if there is, these 2 would win. If that had been a drinking game, we'd all die of alcohol poisoning. Judy didn't help matters by constantly asking a question ending with "correct?" 

C'rect

C'rect

C'rect

Puke.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

I had not noticed her before....I don't usually pay that much attention to the audience but Angelina Jr. was sitting right behind manbun. Some time ago I did notice someone else who looked like she was napping.

Sometimes I get so distracted by looking at the audience in my "Judge shows", that I miss some of the case!

People are picking their nose, their ears, adjusting their bras, snickering, just completely unaware that the camera is facing their direction!

There was one couple in the front row for a few episodes. They were dressed in their Sunday best - shiny suit for him, big hat for her, the works! They mesmerized me. Sometimes I'll notice a girl with a revealing top in one scene. The next time the camera pans to the audience, she's either moved or is wearing a cover-up. 

They definitely have "regulars". I see the same blonde everywhere! I swear they make the rounds. What a fun job! Professional Audience Member! Can you imagine the stories?

• Love 1

I just saw the horse-faced "Melysa" (it seems the trashier people are, the more bizarre and elaborate the spelling of their names.) and Boy-Bun the Ex. I think he was trying to emulate Captain Flint from "Black Sails." It didn't work (at all!), and I loved how the sneaky camera operators, snickering all the while no doubt,  kept swinging around to display his wee topknot. Melysa's new lovah? Melysa seems to have a "type."  Lad didn't know how to shut up: "Byrd, bum's rush for that one!" Nitwit was still talking even while his removal was being ordered.

1 hour ago, illini1959 said:

Is there a prize for the number of times the word (I use that term loosely) "c'rect" is used in an episode?

It could have been even worser("worster? More worst?").  It could have been "kerreck."

1 hour ago, Hockeymom said:

They definitely have "regulars". I see the same blonde everywhere!

I never pay attention to audience members until they're mentioned here, but did notice one woman biting her nails. Fun job indeed! Imagine getting paid to sit there all day? They get to see all the fucked up shit that's cut from the final ep.  I swear, I'd pay for the privilege of that.

• Love 2

Brother looked like he wasn't either

That guy really freaked me out. The strange expressions, over enunciating, leaning into the mike, and laughing at inappropriate times all suggested to me that he really is crazy, and not in an entertaining way, more in the line of complete dangerous psycho.

Edited by DoctorK
added a verb
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DoctorK said:

Brother looked like he wasn't either

That guy really freaked me out. The strange expressions, over enunciating, leaning into the mike, and laughing at inappropriate times all suggested to me that he really is crazy, and not in an entertaining way, more in the line of complete dangerous psycho.

He looked like the middle guy on this evolutionary chart:

mdalurmn.jpg

The 17 year old mother in today's case had the blankest, dullest look in her eyes.   I hate to say, she looked really dim and 'duh' with her mouth hanging open and that lip gloss!  Not sure if the mother is any smarter than the daughter, but hopefully between the two of them they have the brainpower to think about birth control options.

• Love 15

Wrong, JJ. Teenagers can most certainly be sued for their intentional or negligent acts.     Whether they can be held legally responsible depends upon their level of maturity, so that they understood what they were doing and what the consequences.  A 4 year old doesn't understand that his actions might damage someone else's property.  A teenager certainly does.  Is she suggesting all of those teenage drivers aren't legally responsible if they cause an accident? 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

The 17 year old mother in today's case had the blankest, dullest look in her eyes.   I hate to say, she looked really dim and 'duh' with her mouth hanging open and that lip gloss!  Not sure if the mother is any smarter than the daughter, but hopefully between the two of them they have the brainpower to think about birth control options.

Sorry to say, but no, don't give them that credit. They don't have the brainpower to think about birth control. The girl is now 18 and just had #2. The girl is SO worn out from caring for the 1 year old that she dumps it at someone's house for the weekends so she can chill, i.e., get busy with some dude. So in about three months' time, she'll have #3 on the way.

We've said it before and I'll say it again....I weep for our nation.

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 12

I think I must be having courtroom-TV-induced hallucinations.  In today's "smoke damage" insurance case, there was someone in the gallery who looked exactly like Amy Schumer.  When I start seeing dead celebrities, I'm gonna get some help.

(Somebody tell me I'm not totally crazy.)

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I think I must be having courtroom-TV-induced hallucinations.  In today's "smoke damage" insurance case, there was someone in the gallery who looked exactly like Amy Schumer.  When I start seeing dead celebrities, I'm gonna get some help.

(Somebody tell me I'm not totally crazy.)

Sorry, I was hypnotized by goldfish girl.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

JFC, like, holy shit - WTF? In the rent case (they got a 3-bedroom place for 99$/mth) I thought I was watching a long-lost episode of "Tripping the Rift." Total freak show populated with unemployed mutants who do nothing all day, all of them being fed, clothed and housed by the long-suffering Byrd.  Well, okay - bizarre little hobbit def peddles t-shirts on EBay or whatever, and for damned sure pays no taxes. The sad part is that he was the best of them.

Oh, this is priceless, AH!!  And he indeed, was the best of 'em.

This, from @patty1h:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  No!  Stop!!  I can't breathe!!   HAHAHAHA!

Spunkygal  called this one!

That was something else. Drops her kid(s) off on the weekends so she can relax. I have no words.

What was up with Judy on the insurance "scam" case?  She was all over that one, but without sharing what she knew/suspected.  Why was the plaintiff suing?  Did she think the $12,000 insurance should be hers?  I wish she'd been at least allowed to explain WHY she was in court.  And sweetie, nodding in agreement when you are being accused of insurance fraud is probably not the bet move.  Loved seeing The Riddler's glasses back on the tv.  If plaintiff burned down the apartment, which is where I think they were headed, the landlord is absolutely entitled to be compensated for the loss of the structure/rental income, if in fact that was covered by insurance.  Of course, a church collecting rent sounds like taxable income, but if given in cash, then things get a little murky.    Very bizarre case, and I really want to know what went on. Maybe there are newspaper accounts of the "fire."  

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 5

"You're going to have your baby when?"
"I already had her."
"Where does that baby live?"
"With me."
"And where do you live?"
"With Brejean.(sp?)"
"Who is Brejean?"
"Her." *points to woman sitting on the bench to her left*
"And who is she?"
"She's Brejean, a friend of mine we live with."

I swear to God, if I put my ear up against the side of that girl's head, I could hear the ocean.

• Love 18

If plaintiff burned down the apartment, which is where I think they were headed, the landlord is absolutely entitled to be compensated for the loss of the structure/rental income, if in fact that was covered by insurance.

The insurer did pay the church, under the liability coverage of her policy (tenant's negligent, cough, intentional action caused the fire).  I agree with JJ, the tenant totally torched the place to collect on insurance for her possessions.  She hasn't got 2 nickels to rub together, yet suddenly decides to purchase tenant's insurance immediately before a fire?   That's Insurance Adjusting 101.

And I also believe the landlord was in on it, but harder to prove.  

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

"You're going to have your baby when?"
"I already had her."
"Where does that baby live?"
"With me."
"And where do you live?"
"With Brejean.(sp?)"
"Who is Brejean?"
"Her." *points to woman sitting on the bench to her left*
"And who is she?"
"She's Brejean, a friend of mine we live with."

I swear to God, if I put my ear up against the side of that girl's head, I could hear the ocean.

This is the line of the week!!! LOL!!!

• Love 8

Yeah, it's really unlikely the church had the shed covered under its own property policy.  I expect it was pretty ramshackle if they needed $5000 just to make it habitable. 

1 hour ago, Quof said:

She hasn't got 2 nickels to rub together, yet suddenly decides to purchase tenant's insurance immediately before a fire?

Okay, so I haven't watched this yet, but when have we ever seen a litigant who was renting and had renter's insurance? I think the answer might be "never" which is why they all end up here suing a landlord or whoever after a fire/flood/plague of locusts destroyed all their junk. "I couldn't afford insurance!" they all wail, when they're usually covered in hundreds or thousands of dollars of tats and bling, clalming they had 5K in electronics and giant screen TVs. A litigant buying this kind of insurance is immediately suspect.

Thanks for the heads-up about the empty-headed yet fertile preggo. I'll skip that one.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

I had to keep rewinding because I was mesmerized by the blank gazing and that perfect circle in the center of her gaped open mouth.

13 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

No no no! Don't skip it! You must witness the blank stare and perfect circle in center of gaped mouth and the complete stupidness of her!

Okay, I"m convinced. I'm really sick to death of breeders so dumb they would make cows roll their eyes, but this sounds like a special kind of must-see stupid.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

I had to keep rewinding because I was mesmerized by the blank gazing and that perfect circle in the center of her gaped open mouth. She was a beauty, but again to just beat the horse to death, she was so damn stupid.

And I've pretty much never expected rocket surgeons on this show, but that was just beyond. Beyond the beyond. I'm worried for her kids and I don't even know them.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

And I've pretty much never expected rocket surgeons on this show, but that was just beyond. Beyond the beyond. I'm worried for her kids and I don't even know them.

In all fairness to her, she did somehow jimmy the door open with a butter knife. I guess that's a useful talent in some circles.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Okay, so I haven't watched this yet, but when have we ever seen a litigant who was renting and had renter's insurance? I think the answer might be "never" which is why they all end up here suing a landlord or whoever after a fire/flood/plague of locusts destroyed all their junk. "I couldn't afford insurance!" they all wail, when they're usually covered in hundreds or thousands of dollars of tats and bling, clalming they had 5K in electronics and giant screen TVs. A litigant buying this kind of insurance is immediately suspect.

Thanks for the heads-up about the empty-headed yet fertile preggo. I'll skip that one.

We had one couple with renter's insurance, BUT it has an asterisk because the owner took out the policy, paid for it and the tenants were supposed to add the payment to their rent but they never did. It was a couple that rented a home from two brothers in Indiana and the basement got flooded. What was weird about that case was the defendants had a lot of property that got water damaged in the basement and kept saying that the renter's insurance turned them down but the letter they had said, "Please call us to discuss your claim."

• Love 2

When I moved into my first apartment after graduation, my parents bought me tenant's insurance.  I remember thinking "What a waste of money!".  I believe the annual premium was $114.   Yeah, I'm old. 

• Love 2

I don't know why so many tenants don't have renters insurance. Not so much why they don't want it, but why landlords don't require it.

In my property management days it was mandatory. Leases clearly stated that management was not responsible for any damage, and required new tenants to provide proof of paid coverage for the entire lease term,  or we didn't sign the lease. Sure, it caused some grumbles. But I never had a lawsuit. Miraculously, tenants about to be evicted for non payment, didn't suddenly discover thousands of dollars worth of missing / destroyed / damaged electronics and designer bags.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I can't get that visual out of my head. Her mouth. It's just not right. I want to say it even looked perverse. I cannot unsee it!!!!!

I feel the same way, it was so bad I had to pause my DVR and call my husband upstairs, because i thought my TV was doing weird things and i needed him to verify that what i was seeing was really a person.  OMG!!!!!!!

• Love 6

I can't get that visual out of my head. Her mouth. It's just not right.

Anyone want to bet that this is the result of collagen injections? I don't think it was natural, certainly bore no resemblance to her mother's lips.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

I don't know why so many tenants don't have renters insurance. Not so much why they don't want it, but why landlords don't require it.

In my property management days it was mandatory. Leases clearly stated that management was not responsible for any damage, and required new tenants to provide proof of paid coverage for the entire lease term,  or we didn't sign the lease. Sure, it caused some grumbles. But I never had a lawsuit. Miraculously, tenants about to be evicted for non payment, didn't suddenly discover thousands of dollars worth of missing / destroyed / damaged electronics and designer bags.

Our landlords require it, and a new certificate has to be attached to every lease renewal.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, patty1h said:

I turned to Mr. Khyber and said, "she needs an IUD now".

15 hours ago, SandyToes said:

Of course, a church collecting rent sounds like taxable income, but if given in cash, then things get a little murky.    Very bizarre case, and I really want to know what went on. Maybe there are newspaper accounts of the "fire."  

I'm 100% sure that the "church" marked this as a donation. No taxes for them, just us working slobs.

• Love 4

Breedin' daughter isn't so stupid that she couldn't figure out how to make Byrd and you pay for her to stay home, do nothing, make babies, and dump babies on others so she can go and breed some more!

I think JJ meant that her "godmother" was acting in loco parentis when breedin' daughter was under her roof, and thus could not sue same breedin' d.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, patty1h said:

My thoughts exactly! Except I also thought "she's already reproduced. TWICE." 

Sad. So sad.

• Love 5
On 8/15/2017 at 9:52 AM, Hockeymom said:

They definitely have "regulars". I see the same blonde everywhere! I swear they make the rounds. What a fun job! Professional Audience Member! Can you imagine the stories?

I swear they had the same passengers on Harvey's bus all of one season (on TPC). Folks would move around, have on different outfits, or new hair styles, but same faces time after time. About the only reason to watch his bus interviews was to see how long it took to spot the regulars.

• Love 4
On 8/14/2017 at 6:48 PM, Mondrianyone said:
On 8/14/2017 at 6:01 PM, Spunkygal said:

In one of today's new episodes, was that Angelina Jolie's blonde twin sitting behind Luke, the car boyfriend who had the world's smallest manbun?

She's been there periodically since last November.  I posted about it then, but nobody else commented on the resemblance, so I started thinking it was just my imagination.  I guess not!

So I'm just catching up on my new DVRd episodes and saw the girl of which you guys speak.  She was a contestant on America's Next Top Model quite a few years ago.  I don't remember her name (and honestly, I'm not motivated enough to go research old ANTM seasons) but I remember her vividly because she was quite striking but one of THE WORST models EVER.  She only lasted one or two episodes and the thing I remember most is her almost falling (TWICE!) during a runway show--Ms. Jay called her "Tippy Tumbles."

I hate myself that I know this.

• Love 7

Rerun from 2014, first case, something to do with a four-wheeler, two guys with the hair-beard equivalent of mullets: party on the bottom, business on top. Tivo says they're in-laws. My siblings and I don't look as much alike as these two, so I back it up to the intro. Yes. They're in-laws. And if they aren't also cousins, I will eat a redneck hat.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, SandyToes said:

Cracked up today every time the announcer introduced "Flim Flam Flanagan."  I SWEAR that was what he was saying! 

I heard that too! It was the best part of a very boring case.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, SandyToes said:

Cracked up today every time the announcer introduced "Flim Flam Flanagan."  I SWEAR that was what he was saying! 

Thirding this. 

I understood her point (I think?) that the school only taught her how to microblade but not how to select the right color to do it to match a variety of skin tones. That said, that's all I understood and am not inclined to believe her particularly when she was claiming someone at the school "erased" her microbladed eyebrows when that's kinda highly unlikely. 

I enjoyed the case of the Costa Rican Crew if only because of the sleazy, town-bicycle  defendant on the left with the five strands of hair on her head who decided to use an entire vat of motor oil as a styling aid. 

ETA: Yesterday I saw a number of web sites with stories about the "Baby Boy" episode of JJ. That case is nearly three years old. Did the Internet just catch up on that?

Edited by Guest