Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Brattinella said:

I also don't understand that; did the girl just invite EVERYONE at her school or what?

Good point.

How else could you get to 600 plus?   Maybe school, church and fb friends.

2 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Did you pay for the phone?  No.  Did YOU pay for the phone?  No!  Aren't phones free?  *gah*

I did like that she asked if the Phone Fairy was supposed to pay for them.

More seriously, pay-as-you-go phones are not free. My cousin has one that he got at Target, and every month he has to buy more service days/minutes to keep being able to use it.

• Love 3

The defendant in the tree case was a real tool, wasn't he? First, the branch wasn't dead. Then it was. Then it was the plaintiff's fault for not cutting it. My favorite though, was him saying the plaintiff let the storm break it. I actually said 'What an asshole!' to the TV when that came out of his icky bearded mouth. 

• Love 9

It's even cooler with the tilde:  quinceañera.

That plaintiff group was kind of a herd of sad water buffaloes, weren't they?  They didn't look as if anything would ever make them happy.

ETA:  My browser dropped a bunch of in-between replies.  This was about the caterer case, if that isn't clear.  Sorry.

Edited by Mondrianyone
Betrayed by Firefox
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, lovesnark said:

The defendant in the tree case was a real tool, wasn't he? First, the branch wasn't dead. Then it was. Then it was the plaintiff's fault for not cutting it. My favorite though, was him saying the plaintiff let the storm break it. I actually said 'What an asshole!' to the TV when that came out of his icky bearded mouth. 

Seriously!  Tool is the perfect name for that jerk!  She let the storm break it! 

• Love 3

Let's see, 19 club crackers multiplied by 600 guests equals...

When I hear about things like the quinceañera party for 600 people, I always wonder how the parents will top that event with prom, wedding, etc. It seems like it sets up unrealistic expectations--like life is just like The Brady Bunch and you will always go to the prom with Davy Jones and your dad will get a perm in his hair.

Too bad we didn't get to see the video; I was looking forward to that. 

• Love 5

There was a rerun yesterday...stepmother suing biological mother for the return of $2K (her half of a 4K fee for a behavioral camp for the step-son/son) It came up during the case that the father refused to provide health insurance for his children. Not "couldn't afford" but REFUSED because he was not court ordered to provide it. He also mentioned that his kids could get free insurance (Minnesota Care) via the state.  I live in MN, so I have a bit of a vested interest...

*Yeah, bio mom was not doing her best, but that isn't what irked me.

Soooo....step-mom's name is spelled weird so she was very, very easy to find on FB and Insta. Here's the thing. She was pregnant during the show...they had a daughter. There is NO mention or photos of his previous kids. Now, that could be because the bio mom doesn't want them on social media, but no mention, ever, of the fact that these children exist. The girl had at least three Halloween costumes (as did the three of them as a family) and they are in the process of buying a "bigger" house (they already live in an upscale neighborhood, in a 4 BR house) and they recently went on a trip to Greece. She is a "stay at home mommie." (Her spelling)

Sorry, but no. The state of Minnesota should NOT have to pay for his children's health insurance. And I hope to hell he is paying his child support because it does appear that he wants to forget he had another family before this one.

That just rubs me the wrong way. Poor first kids. No wonder his son is acting up.

Carry on.

• Love 9

Some of the quinceaneras I  have been to can rival gypsy weddings.

and quinceaneras are different depending upon your nationality. My kids were actually IN a "quince" a few years back for their Cuban friend which involves the girl of honor and 14 of her friends who performed specially staged and choreographed dances with 15 young men as part of the party. This girl wore a tiara and an actual wedding dress. The other 14 girls wore handmade long pouffy royal blue bridesmaid style dresses and matching hairstyles where their hair was pulled back and styled into what appeared to be a rose with curls. The 15 "boys" wore tuxes and the majority of them were "imported" from Hialeah (a mostly Cuban suburb of Miami) as the "gringo" boys she knew didn't want to dance. It's almost a rite of passage for the Cuban boys to dance in quinces. They practiced for 15 Sundays in the blazing summer heat. At the party, they did a line dance, the salsa, the merengue, the conga, and an elaborate dance that can only be described as a Virginia reel meets a samba where the boys swirled around the girls and ended up linking arms and picking the girls up and spinning like a giant flower (YAASSS!)  There was also a formal dinner and of course, the requisite father-figure/daughter dance and a DJ for regular dancing at the end. I think there were close to 300 people there and it wasn't even a huge celebration.  It was totally awesome and very classy, but man, must have cost a fortune. 

Y'all made me laugh so hard with the "rode hard put to bed wet" bombshell blondes. I kept wondering what that house was like with all dem broads in there in various states of consciousness. And I swear they must have been from Florida. 

• Love 9
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:42 PM, Ilovecomputers said:

Let's see, 19 club crackers multiplied by 600 guests equals...

When I hear about things like the quinceañera party for 600 people, I always wonder how the parents will top that event with prom, wedding, etc. It seems like it sets up unrealistic expectations--like life is just like The Brady Bunch and you will always go to the prom with Davy Jones and your dad will get a perm in his hair.

Too bad we didn't get to see the video; I was looking forward to that. 

This is post I'd like to get on my birthday. 

It's got everything I loved about JJ this week - Club Crackers (or Klub Krackers thanks SpunkyGal), mention of a quinceanera party (heaven only knows the translation of my word for that party).  The Davy Jones,  Brady Bunch and permed hair mention is the icing on my birthday cake.

I'm keeping this one.

Edited by PsychoKlown
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:06 PM, AuntiePam said:

He kept saying the branch wasn't dead.  What a silly man.  But nice of him to take the rubber band out of his beard before appearing on TV.

I didn't get to see all the cases because my PVR decided to get amnesia or pitched a hissy fit or some damn thing but I did get that one. Has there ever been an exception to the rule that anyone appearing here with a stupid-looking billygoat beard must be an absolute tool, and a dim-witted one at that? It does seem that way.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I didn't get to see all the cases because my PVR decided to get amnesia or pitched a hissy fit or some damn thing but I did get that one. Has there ever been an exception to the rule that anyone appearing here with a stupid-looking billygoat beard must be an absolute tool, and a dim-witted one at that? It does seem that way.

The juxtaposition of the billygoat beard and being dimwitted is NOT restricted to appearances on Judy Judy.  JMO.

• Love 6

In most states if the branch that overhangs a the property line and is not obviously dead falls and damages the neighbor’s property the owner of the tree  is not liable.  It is considered an act of the gods. Were there any insurance adjusters’ reports?  If  the limb was dead and thus the responsibility  of the defendant  shouldn’t his home owner’s insurance cover it?  If it was not dead the plaintiff’s insurance should have covered it subject to a deductible that likely was > than $600 in which case she was out of luck and have no legal bases to suit since her adjuster determined the limb was not dead.

Another gripe of mine is   JJ routine example of puffing. Puffing is an opinion not a statement of fact. Puffing is saying this car is the cleanest car on the lot.   It is a statement of fact to say the car was owned by a little old lady who only drove to the Piggly-Wiggly on Sunday.  If the seller makes this statement without knowing it is true it is misrepresentation/fraud.  If it were true, it would be an example of  bad puffing since there  are few things worst for a car than to be driven a short distance at 20mph.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

There was also a formal dinner and of course, the requisite father-figure/daughter dance and a DJ for regular dancing at the end. I think there were close to 300 people there and it wasn't even a huge celebration.  It was totally awesome and very classy, but man, must have cost a fortune. 

OMG! Yes! This does sound totally awesome! I've never been to a quinceañera and, given the size of the one on Judge Judy, believe I might have been the only one not invited to it.

Yesterday I bought C/Klub Crackers and can't wait to open them to count out how many are in a sleeve.  

12 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Yesterday I bought C/Klub Crackers and can't wait to open them to count out how many are in a sleeve.  

I am at work waiting for my 9:00 appointment to show. 

The sleeve I have here has 18 (give or take).  I say give or take because some are missing.  I don't have the box here...it's at home. 

This makes sense because if grandmom ate 18 or 19 that's probably a sleeve.

6 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

19 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I am at work waiting for my 9:00 appointment to show. 

The sleeve I have here has 18 (give or take). 

Just counted! 37! But there are two in the middle that are kinda halfsies. So, possibly 38. Which is 2x...19! 

And...this is what our lives have come to. (I'm not even in a nursing home yet! Neither do I have an 8th-grade educated caretaker who's fighting with her in laws over rims.)

Special Snowflake rerun today - admits to police she ran a stop sign, and of course isn't insured, her mom tells victim's mom to lie to police, wah, wah, wah, "I didn't get my due process" wah wah wah.  I hope her whole town watched this. Of course, they probably think she's a hero. JJ gave Mom and Dad Flake a smackdown.  Yeah, like that'll help. 

If not for y'all, this show wouldn't be much fun anymore. Glad to have the cracker counters on board. I find myself looking forward to the next update.

Lordy, how sad is that?!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Just counted! 37! But there are two in the middle that are kinda halfsies. So, possibly 38. Which is 2x...19! 

To be fair GiantMisfit - they do come in a variety of packaging.  I have the snack-pack take-a-long variety.  You have the stay-at-home-and-stuff-yourself-silly portion pack.  Either way, it appears that PsychoKlown and grandmom are kracker addicts.

24 minutes ago, stephinmn said:

Today's Minnesota lovely, Glenn Hazelton, is a registered sex offender. 

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/MN147627/Glenn-Francis-Hazelton.html

So that's why JJ kept pressing him for details of his arrests.  I seriously thought that maybe he killed someone and she was going to get it out of him come hell or high water. 

Disgusting individual.

51 minutes ago, stephinmn said:

Why would someone with that criminal record want to be on TV? 

In the cat bite case, I don't know that I would have gone to the ER.  I expected the photo to show more than that little pin-prick.  Am I wrong?  Was that enough of a bite for the victim to get rabies?

2 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I wonder why Hazelton left and then came back.

Because the producers told him they wouldn't pay for his return trip unless he did.  ??

• Love 3

That bite could definitely have caused rabies.  I know that if you find a bat in the room when you are sleeping, rabies treatment is considered, even if you have no obvious bite.  She would have needed immune globulin as well as the normal shots, so $9K is a little high, but not that ridiculous.

I don't blame her for taking it seriously.  I don't think biting someone in that situation is normal for a cat, and it could be a sign of being rabid.

• Love 6

I don't know how deep the plaintiff's bite was, but a friend was trying to rescue a feral cat, it bit her hand pretty darn good. She was in the hospital for three days on an antibiotic drip. The infectious disease doc told her that cat saliva contains bad stuff (my summary, not the doc's). Her bite was bad enough that she needed a bit of hand rehab.

BTW, my friend did not go on disability!

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 6

I'm in the "my cat bit me" club.  The urgent care physician I saw told me that cat bites are ALWAYS serious, because of the way they bite.  Dogs tend to bite down and tear . . . cats bite down, and then release, so all the nasty germs in their mouths tend to stay inside the wound and are not easily flushed out.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, stephinmn said:

OHGODNO. Makes sense though given his, what? 40 arrests and his ability to only name "robbery" and "assault" as two of them and he's not even a drug addict! I was kinda giving him the benefit of the doubt for the alleged robbery at his mother's because the story seemed riddled with holes (and what happened to cause his sister's death at 52?!) but I won't be crying any tears for that dude. I don't know if anyone else paused the show when JJ was reading the police report, but Mr Rapist-Rage-a-holic was placed in solitary where no one bothered with him because he was "throwing [whited out] in his cell". My presumption is that he was throwing his own shit around in the cell. HE SEEMS STABLE. 

1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

In the cat bite case, I don't know that I would have gone to the ER.

Yes, yes, yes -- if this ever happens to you, go the ER. Cat bites are AWFUL. Even if it's your own cat who's been vaccinated for rabies, go to the ER or an Urgent Care facility. Get antibiotics immediately. 

As for JJ complaining about the cost of hospital treatment because of our "great country," she can fuck right off. That $9,000? Seems like a bargain. It's usually $12,000 in my area. Like @quarkuud said, the immune globulin is expensive. God, JJ is so insufferable -- you know what a "great country" is? One where a 75-year old lady gets paid $35,000,000 for 12 weeks of work

2 hours ago, stephinmn said:

I need brain bleach and a shower. Yuck. Wish he'd meet a runaway semi truck.

@Giant Misfit's post just reminded me that the police report said he needed to be hooded. I've never heard of that. Was that during the arrest?

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 5

Today's rerun: landlord in blue who looks like she's auditioning for a modeling gig - it's a very nice makeup job, and she does have the cheekbones for it, but this is not the place. Also not the place - tattooed witness for the defendant in shorts.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

@Giant Misfit's post just reminded me that the police report said he needed to be hooded. I've never heard of that. Was that during the arrest?

From my extensive knowledge of police procedure (thanks to watching hours and hours of COPS and Jail) dealing with hostile arrestees, I've seen it happen during and after arrest. It depends on when he first started acting up. Based on his own admission, it was probably when he was arrested. 

9 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

Omg, I can't believe they even let him on this show...most of the people on this show are low level scammers - he's an really serious criminal.

I've seen the hood thing on various cop reality shows. They do that for offenders who spit. 

• Love 6

It may interest all of you to know that I checked the serving size of Club Crackers:  5. 

You're welcome ;)

Edited by Ilovecomputers
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Ilovecomputers said:

It may interest all of you to know that I checked the serving size of Club Crackers:  5. 

Not for me today it wasn't! I was feeling kinda junky, so I had some soup ... and 3/4 of that 36-ct sleeve. They should call them Krack Krackers. 

3 hours ago, Jamoche said:

Today's rerun: landlord in blue who looks like she's auditioning for a modeling gig - it's a very nice makeup job, and she does have the cheekbones for it, but this is not the place. Also not the place - tattooed witness for the defendant in shorts.

My rerun case was a landlord case but it was a guy who looked like a bursting 500-lb. human blood sausage. (Some case about the renter being a gasp! "Millennial" [apparently some affront to the portly landlord's ego] whose rent money was being withheld after the landlord kicked him out in 2 days for ... something.) I could barely pay attention to the case because I was working out in my mind how I could create a tent-sized t-shirt for men who have what amounts to be the entire Duggar clan in their stomachs. The guy's tee must have been a XXXL and was skintight around his enormous stomach, yet super loose in the sleeves and the shoulder seams were midway down down his upper arm and very slouchy. I bet there would be a small fortune to be made making properly fitted XXXL and higher-sized shirts. 

4 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

From real life cop shows I've watched, they hood people who are spitting at or trying to bite police officers.

• Love 2

I can't believe none of you attended Rubi's quinceanera last month! You were all invited. Over 10,000 people made their way to central Mexico to be part of the celebration.  

This all happened because Rubi's father used Facebook to invite close friends and family. Unfortunately, the post went viral and soon the the whole  world was invited.

I wonder how much the bill was for that one?

• Love 4

I had to check that URL several times because when I got to this paragraph, I was thinking, that has GOT to be fake:

Despite local, state and federal authorities as well as the Mexican Red Cross being on hand to ensure the festivities took place safely, one man died during the horse race. 

Félix Peña, a local horseman, was run over by his own horse during Monday's race. Peña was pronounced dead en route to the hospital. A woman was also injured during the horse race, and it was subsequently cancelled. A video of the deadly incident is currently making its rounds on the internet. 

Following the race's cancellation, Mexican band Jérez performed, after which Rubí and her father danced the waltz.

Now that was some party. 

I've never been to a quinceanera but I've been to several Italian 1st Communions, a Greek Christening and a Greek wedding.  All of these events had at least 400-500 people in attendance.  The Greek wedding went on for 3 days and the bride had 4 wedding dresses and 2 evening gowns (all with Swarovski crystals as the proud momma told anyone who'd listen). At one of the 1st Communions, the little girl sat in a gilded throne brought over from some Italian castle that some Pope blessed a hundred years ago. She sat up on a raised platform and all the guests brought up her gifts and laid them on the steps (yes, like pilgrims praying at an altar)  Her dress was more like a wedding gown and cost over $5k. I'm not sure what these families are thinking with these ridiculous celebrations.  I'm not religious, but I guess the lesson is God loves you more if you waste money, food and resources?

• Love 6

Back in the 70s we had several parties in our unfinished basement with (gasp) crepe paper. We filled a laundry tub with ice water and put assorted beverages in there. One had to put one's arm in the icy tub just past the elbow.  But, dang, these people had horse races and untimely deaths!  

• Love 5

I also got the old man who hated millenials rerun.  That man was an asshole.  He was so sure this man wasn't going to give him money and become a squatter that I'm wondering why he invited him to live there at all.

sex offender dude looked drunk/high in court 

• Love 3

He was so sure this man wasn't going to give him money and become a squatter

I agree that the landlord was a jerk, but I did get a bad vibe from the plaintiff. He is an "advertising executive" as I recall, who is renting a room in someone's house? We have seen more than enough squatters on these shows who moved in, established residence then stopped paying rent, trashed the place, and took a year or more to finally pry them out, so if the landlord has had that experience, I understand his attitude. However, he handled it completely wrong, both legally and ethically.

sex offender dude looked drunk/high in court 

I think that was just the sociopath showing through.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Love 3

As for JJ complaining about the cost of hospital treatment because of our "great country"

We were all "jesuz, woman, health care costs and how they are too high have been a thing for years. Don't you read the news?" I know she clearly doesn't care about money, but it's not like it's been ignored in the media. (Yes, JJ, they ARE stupidly high, BTW)

• Love 5

Rerun time: Lady in bright pink who admits she only paid $100 out of $1500 lease-to-own a horse and then loses the case - what did I miss that produced such extreme reactions when she lost? First gasping then practically collapsing over the table and trembling, and then all "oh my gosh" in the hall - apparently she didn't even manage a halterview because we only saw the defendant - yes, the non-payer was the plaintiff! Suing the former owner for room and board for what is now her horse! I reran it several times and still couldn't get it. What on earth was she expecting?

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Jamoche said:

Rerun time: Lady in bright pink who admits she only paid $100 out of $1500 lease-to-own a horse and then loses the case - what did I miss that produced such extreme reactions when she lost? First gasping then practically collapsing over the table and trembling, and then all "oh my gosh" in the hall - apparently she didn't even manage a halterview because we only saw the defendant - yes, the non-payer was the plaintiff! Suing the former owner for room and board for what is now her horse! I reran it several times and still couldn't get it. What on earth was she expecting?

I don't have the foggiest idea.

• Love 1