Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Whoa, talk about humiliation! Plaintiff in pregnant chihuahua case actually came on JJ and told the world this loser in the pink shirt was her boyfriend. Not only her bf, but she actually signed a lease with the bum and moved in together. Seems she had a perfectly good apartment she rented for over a year, paying $700 monthly, that she gave up to move to a $1200 monthly 3 bedroom place with pinky. Yep needed 3 bedrooms because this loser is a daddy and hoped to bring his 7 year old daughter to the happy home - he can't explain why they needed that third bedroom. He loses his $12 an hour job, they start fighting over money, he splints, sticking her with the rent. Prince Charming admits to being a 37yo unemployed student who hasn't had his own place in over a decade - uh yeah, perfect bf, daddy and roommate material. Nuff background, this is the idiot dummy who locks his pregnant dog in a room and moves out with no notice - hey, whoever the "friend" who is letting this guy room with them now, this is what your new roomy admits to doing. So, pregnant little dog is locked in a room, with only food and water being slid under door by plaintiff. Plaintiff leaves dog in the locked room alone to have the puppies and crap all over for 2 weeks until complaints from neighbors, when she finally breaks in. And what does the kind hearted student plaintiff do once she finally get the door open - sends mom and puppies to the pound. Grrr, JJ asks her how many puppies, she answers three, but thinks 1 had died. Anybody else want to lock these two up and slide food and water under the door to them? I just hate that one of these two had to win... JJ awards plaintiff close to 5 grand... I just wish the money could have been sent to the humane society and these litigants told to pound sand.

• Love 11

To leave a barking dog locked in a room until the neighbors complain is despicable. I don't think I've ever been so horrified by an episode ever. He was a horrible ass to leave his pregnant dog behind but she failed to show an ounce of compassion for a living creature and was abusive with her negligence. I don't even have words for how angry I am. 

• Love 9

I just watched the repeat of the three harridans suing their brother because Mom always liked him best, never mind his machiavellian powers to intimidate and influence everyone around him, including lawyers and guardians. Oh, and Daddy wasn't nice to them - something they felt JJ should address.  What bugged me the most was the "We weren't allowed." No one past mid-teens (other than a prisoner) should be saying, "I'm not allowed." I know someone in her mid-fifties who says that about her job and her family and I just want to smack her, as I did these three witches.

I barely made it through the case with the two mental defectives who thought it would be fun to play house and be grownups, well - as long as her auntie paid her part of the rent and his Daddy paid his part. He beats her up (I'm sure the relationship was just fine before that) and lo and behold! she "finds out" she's knocked up. Poor, poor child, with the genes of those two simpletons.

• Love 4

Guess we've entered that time of one new - one old episode. Today's new episode was one of those head scratchers that leave me wondering why in the world that fool came on TV for JJ to air his dirty laundry - even worse, Kenny isn't up there getting exposed as a deadbeat womanizer in front of the audience, he left his Mommy to handle it. Really, very little testimony given, almost the whole half hour is JJ summarizing what a loser Kenny is. Basically, (yes, JJ, I said basically) 45 yo Kenny leaves his wife with three kids to be with his new squeeze. While respective lawyers are working on the divorce, he's supposed to kick in $1400 a month for marital debts and child support. First month he pays $800; second month Mommy writes a check; third month he writes a check - with the wrong date. Not only that, he takes $1472 from a joint account that he's not supposed to touch - the lawyers agreed that this money was for joint expenses (rent, utilities, etc) to maintain the house where his soon to be ex and his three kids live. So, just before the rent for the house his kids live in is due, he takes money from the joint account, writes an unusable check, and heads to Florida for vacation with his new gf. As if he doesn't look bad enough, when the ex blows up at his Mommy over the bad check, he calls the cops from Florida and tells them the ex is yelling at Mommy - end result a restraining order is taken out against the ex. Anybody think he orchestrated that whole kerfuffle to make ex look bad in divorce court. Soooo, after 20 minutes of JJ summarizing things, we finally get to the matter of today's case. Plaintiff, soon to be ex wife, is suing Mommy for the lawyer's fee she paid to fight the restraining order (since Mommy is the one who actually signed the application). JJ doesn't even really question Mommy, just rules against her. Ex wife is yelling "wait wait" as JJ rules, but JJ says "WE ARE DONE!" As if Kenny couldn't be any more of a jerk, in hallterview he urging everybody to pull together "for the kids." Hey, Kenny, if you weren't such a selfish jerk the mother of your kids wouldn't have to run around trying to cover the rent, and you wouldn't have left Mommy to cover for you and get sued.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, GussieK said:

Why was plaintiff yelling wait wait.  Didn't she get her whole claim? 

I wondered the same thing, but she didn't explain during hallterview. My guess is JJ decided how she going to rule, along with how much plaintiff was going to get, before first litigant said a word. Soooo, I think JJ, having made up her mind, didn't want to introduce anything that should probably be settled during the divorce proceedings anyway, thus the "WE ARE DONE." Besides, it was probably lunchtime. ?

Edited by SRTouch
Double posts / now double quotes
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, SRTouch said:

... Today's new episode was one of those head scratchers that leave me wondering why in the world that fool came on TV for JJ to air his dirty laundry - even worse, Kenny isn't up there getting exposed as a deadbeat womanizer in front of the audience, he left his Mommy to handle it. ...

Seriously! By the end, I was just upset at him for letting his mom (and himself) come and get chewed out on national TV. Dude -- just pay the lady!

• Love 8

If Kenny (I love how Judy gave him a little boy nickname, because that is how he acted) didn't have enough money TO PAY HIS CHILDRENS' RENT, how does he have enough money to pay for poolside umbrella drinks with his latest f@!k buddy?  And leave MOMMY to deal with the situation.  Of course, Mommy still wuvs him, because she made him the way he is.

• Love 7

If I remember correctly, JJ asked Mama what her son's name was.  She responded, "Kenneth."  JJ immediately started calling him Kenny.  She had him pegged as a man-child from the moment she read the case details in her fake office backstage.

Good on her!

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, bad things are bad said:

Kenny was a giant economy-sized douche, wasn't he? Wonder if he actually works or just sponges off women (didn't ex-wife make some comment about her working two jobs for a while, while Kenny...didn't?)

I wondered about that, too. The wife working as a teacher or teacher's assistant 5 days a week and a waitress on the weekend. Then having to quit the weekend job because he was the weekend child care until he left to be with the new woman. Maybe the new gf is high maintenance, what with trips to Florida and all. Sounds like he was short on cash since he had trouble meeting the agreed support payments, and took the $1400 from the "NO TOUCH" account for his Florida get away. I got the feeling this couple were scrambling to keep their heads above water as they lived beyond their means.

• Love 1

Wow.  Watching a rerun this morning.  A woman and her boyfriend signed a lease to move into a house.  She and BF got into a fight the day they moved into the place, and BF burned the place down.  And now she wants her deposit back.  During the discussion of the case, she says she's in the middle of a custody dispute, but she also said the landlady knew that her boyfriend had a criminal background.  Gee, I don't know, maybe if you're in the middle of a custody case, you wouldn't want to be with a guy with a criminal record?

• Love 4

Pretty smart of the Texas mom to figure a way to get her three kids to their dad in North Dakota.  She gave guardianship to her sister who lives in Minnesota, and the sister paid for their air fare.  Then dad popped over the state line with a divorce decree giving him joint custody and he gets the kids.  Except for the oldest, a daughter age 11, who ended up in foster care because the fucking mother can't get her shit together.  And she says the kids aren't pawns.  Yeah.  Right.  Bitch.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Pretty smart of the Texas mom to figure a way to get her three kids to their dad in North Dakota.  She gave guardianship to her sister who lives in Minnesota, and the sister paid for their air fare.  Then dad popped over the state line with a divorce decree giving him joint custody and he gets the kids.  Except for the oldest, a daughter age 11, who ended up in foster care because the fucking mother can't get her shit together.  And she says the kids aren't pawns.  Yeah.  Right.  Bitch.

Not to mention that Dad was involved with Child Protective because of his "Corporal Punishment" of the daughter.   Both of them are pieces of shit.

• Love 10

The BEST part of yesterday's new episode was at the very beginning when JJ whispered to Byrd 'Happy Borthday' and then right afterwards, 'Old man'.  lol  That was sweet!  Nothing sweet about Kenny or his Momma, really.  When the cops showed up, Momma didn't have to go through with the restraining order.  Jerks.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

Ok, I get that mom and dad and the end run to get the kids back north, but why involve the auntie. Was that just so the two of them wouldn't have to pay for the plane tickets? Maybe Texas wasn't going to drop the case against mom and let the kids go back to dad because they knew his history? Sis must have known about the dad being ordered not to be alone with the 11yo, and the two knew auntie wasn't going to pay to bring the kids back to dad. Really sounded like the aunt was the only one trying to do what was best for the kids - just too bad those parents dragged the 11yo back across the state line into foster care instead of leaving her with the aunt.

ITA the parents were playing games with the system, I just don't get what they were after. Geez, so children protective services in two states didn't want these two raising the kids. Hmmm, only thing I come up with is that dad's culture doesn't value the daughter, so all he wanted was the boys. So, who cares about daughter going to foster care? Apparantly only auntie and cousin, and doesn't appear they have the money to wage a multi-state custody battle.

Edited by SRTouch
Spelling
  • Love 5

Maybe it was just me but I sensed a bit of hesitancy when JJ asked the female defendant "why" he couldn't be alone with the daughter.

Corporal punishment was an answer but not sure it was the only answer.  I just know that farming children out to foster homes is done only in the most extreme cases.  In this state children services will do everything to keep the child with at least one parent.   I shudder to think what happened in that house. 

This is why I sometimes cannot sleep at night. 

Edited by PsychoKlown

In my pair of afternoon reruns, I've had three dog cases: one breeder of "bully" dogs *eyeroll* where both sides are despicable - plaintiff is a DIY ear-mangler cropper, defendant is refusing to pay - one I didn't catch, and a dog bite.

• Love 3

For the re-run, I got what has to be the world's dumbest three litigants - talking about the Washington State dog breeders case. Defendant, the girl with the dog print tats going up her arm, has trouble with the simple math. JJ asks her what her two puppies cost. Well, one was $1700 and the other $1500, so $3100 all together - uh no, that would be 3200. And of course she admits she never actually paid the money. Then on plaintiff side the bf cropped the ears himself instead of taking the puppies to a vet - really mangled them. In text he says it was his first time to crop the ears, but in court he claims he lied in the texts, and he's actually done it many times. That whole exchange is weird, he's proud of the job, yet the pictures show a terrible job. What is really bad is that he's right about the law, licensed breeders in Washington ARE permitted to crop ears themselves (without anesthesia as I recall). To me, this joker is a few bricks short, and when JJ tells the female plaintiff he's not too swift, she has a puzzled look like she has no idea what JJ means.

And, for what it's worth, and for those who don't know, American Bullys are a new breed, officially recognised by UKC in 2013 - supposedly a kinder gentler breed than Pitt bulls and not subject to the breed specific bans. Not at all surprising to me that, with the small gene pool and inbreeding, these breeders are producing animals with genetic problems like the heart murmur defendant was complaining about.

In hallterview both sides accuse the other of just breeding dogs for the money, and the other side shouldn't have dogs... I felt like everything they should was true about both sides.

• Love 2

Missed the new case yesterday due to college football - or maybe it was high school. Don't know. Sometimes while rewatching cases I notice things I missed the first time around. An example: Today's battling, middle aged sisters ("She pushed me!") Anyway, I was wondering how plaintiff Laura had money for plastic surgery, botox/collegen (which must have been recent considering the trouble she seemed to be having forming words with the duck lips) and caps for all her teeth (and felt JJ needed to see her cleavage) yet can't afford to live on her own and had to mooch off her "violent" sister.  I try to picture me and my brother in fistfights, spitting at each other and calling the police. The idea is just too ludicrous and outlandish for me, but not for our litigants.

.Other than that, I really liked the giraffe.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SRTouch said:

And, for what it's worth, and for those who don't know, American Bullys are a new breed, officially recognised by UKC in 2013 

Were they actually that breed, though? People have been calling pitbulls and mixes "bullys" long before 2013.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Jamoche said:

Were they actually that breed, though? People have been calling pitbulls and mixes "bullys" long before 2013.

Right, I'm just assuming these "breeders" know the difference... especially as they collected thousands plus dollars per puppy. Course, after spending half my earlier post talking about how dumb these idiots were, that might not be a valid assumption.

Edited by SRTouch
Added
  • Love 1

This is weird. My browser saved the last time I tried to make a post. This has to be at least 2 months old...

In today's roommate case, I wanted to know why Plaintiff Woo was so desperate to get out of his lease that he paid over $4K to do it.  Defendant roommate -- who must have been shipped in the same box as Melania Trump -- seemed to think JJ calling her a squattah was a compliment.   

OK, no bullshit, I was going to make this EXACT joke about her ass yesterday. I fell asleep and decided not to, but I swear I called her a low-budget Melania. BTW, I don't think Melania Trump's real first name is "Melania". I believe that's the name of the little town she came from, and Trump couldn't pronounce her real first name (I imagine it has apostrophes and tongue-clicks in it) so he just calls her by her hometown.

And Mr. Duplessis and his 17! YEAR! OLD! DAUGHTER! can kiss my ass. The dude might have been driving like an asshole, but it's not your job to call him out on it. That's what you pay taxes for (btw, he seems like someone who...wants to Make America Great Again, jus' sayin) so that cops can check erratic drivers. In the meantime, stay in your lane (no pun intended) and continue going to junior college in your forties. Thanks.

As for today's cases:

The case with the boxing instructors was kind of interesting. I...think there was a little more going on than we saw. For one thing, it's interesting these women were e-mailing the owner instead of just complaining to him at the gym or calling him. Mr. Peoples seemed suuuuper slick, like he was feeling himself. I got male exotic dancer vibes from him, I don't know why. But with the letters...I don't know.

On one hand, he seemed like he was probably kind of a creep and a little too handsy with the female patrons. On the other, I...would not want to work with a bunch of women in that capacity. I'm sorry, not trying to be sexist, but that seems like a bunch of bullshit waiting to happen. If you're dealing with

Now for something recent...

Seriously! By the end, I was just upset at him for letting his mom (and himself) come and get chewed out on national TV. Dude -- just pay the lady!

I agree. Kenny seemed like a stereotypical LMN bad husband.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Right, I'm just assuming these "breeders" know the difference... especially as they collected thousands plus dollars per puppy. Course, after spending half my earlier post talking about how dumb these idiots were, that might not be a valid assumption.

Yeah, I wouldn't place any bets on the intelligence of a "breeder" who thinks a bad crop job makes the dog unfit for breeding. I really doubt any of her dogs have any conformation ribbons to justify the price.

• Love 1

Texas Mom and Fargo Dad (worst country song ever) - could he be more dim?

JJ: "When was the last time prior to -" and here JJ realizes that may be beyond his vocabulary "- before August that you talked to them?"

FD: "August"

Also noticed that JJ didn't just repeat their claim of "corporate punishment" - she tacked "extreme" on it.

• Love 5

I really enjoyed, if that's the right word, the case today with the grieving mother and the funeral home. Something different, BOTH parties were very likeable, and the outcome was exactly on target.  (Any producers out there listening!?)The plaintiff (the funeral home director) was just so gentle, so kind, and so patient. But trying to run a business, and deserved to be paid.

The Bully dog ep:  Up to $6000?? Really?  Wow. Hard to tell, as SRTouch mentioned, if there was a single brain amongst 'em.

Burned house tenant sounds may have been the biggest idiot of the day.  It didn't sound like the defendant landlord got anything out of this case. Did she not have a countersuit?!

Texas/ND custody dispute was all kinds of weird. Hope CPS in the relevant state(s) was also watching. Looked like another bun in the oven - same baby daddy? Lordy, he seemed to have the same amount of grey matter as the dog people. I did appreciate baby momma stepping in to translate for him.  JJ usually doesn't allow that, but that case may have still been in progress had the woman not clarified things.

Other than that, I really liked the giraffe.

Me, too. (And Judy, three!)  But you don't leave things you love for a  month, and then leave them again when you go to pick up your stuff.

• Love 7

I'm just getting around to now to watching Kenny (who's FROM FLORIDA [ETA:NOT HE ISN'T]) but had to comment on the funeral case that came after the one with Hitler-haired Lady and her ex husband (who reminded me of Kenan Thompson) being sued by her sister with the glass eye that I thought was going to fall out of its socket ANY. MINUTE.

The funeral home director? I just wanted to run to the TV screen (if it wasn't on the wall, three feet above my head) and give him a big, old hug because he just seemed like the sweetest, nicest man in the world. I wonder why the Defendant didn't get approved for the murder victim funeral funds? The only thing I can think of is that maybe her son was murdered during the commission of a crime he was committing? 

ETA: 

Well, fuck Kenny and fuck his speech impediment, too. But fuck his nasty, side-eyeing piece of shit mother more. Kenny was married to the Plaintiff for, how many years? A couple dozen or so? Where does that cranky bitch acting like she was Kenny's jump off get the balls to go all in with the attitude she was throwing at the mother of her own fucking grandchildren? And who is this dumb woman who hooked up with Kenny and thought she was getting a real catch there? "Hey baby...I'm gonna take you to Florida on the money I swiped from my estranged wife and three kids." What girl could pass up a winner like him?! I don't know how the Plaintiff stayed married to that asshole for as long as she did. 

I did love how JJ was taunting Kenny throughout the case. And it irritates me his name is Kenneth Cole because I have many fond memories of all my 1990s Kenneth Cole shoes - I wish I had some left to throw at the TV. 

Edited by Guest
9 hours ago, SandyToes said:

I really enjoyed, if that's the right word, the case today with the grieving mother and the funeral home. Something different, BOTH parties were very likeable, and the outcome was exactly on target.  (Any producers out there listening!?)The plaintiff (the funeral home director) was just so gentle, so kind, and so patient. But trying to run a business, and deserved to be paid.

Yes, I liked him too.  He said he doesn't turn anyone away and offered to give her free services.  She turned down the free service, wanted something more, so she should definitely pay.

8 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

The funeral home director? I just wanted to run to the TV screen (if it wasn't on the wall, three feet above my head) and give him a big, old hug because he just seemed like the sweetest, nicest man in the world. I wonder why the Defendant didn't get approved for the murder victim funeral funds? The only thing I can think of is that maybe her son was murdered during the commission of a crime he was committing? 

That was what I was thinking. Or perhaps it was a suicide but mom wasn't believing that. It shows a lot of class that the funeral home owner didn't say why she was rejected. I am sure he knows or at least has an idea.  A lot of litigants would throw that in just to be spiteful and hurt the other person.  I wouldn't be surprised if he encouraged her to be on the show so she wouldn't be on the hook financially any more. 

• Love 20
9 hours ago, SandyToes said:

Texas/ND custody dispute was all kinds of weird. Hope CPS in the relevant state(s) was also watching. Looked like another bun in the oven - same baby daddy? Lordy, he seemed to have the same amount of grey matter as the dog people. I did appreciate baby momma stepping in to translate for him.  JJ usually doesn't allow that, but that case may have still been in progress had the woman not clarified things.

Real low lifes.  They basically used the sister to get the kids out of state and circumvent the laws.  I don't believe the BS they spouted about aunt not letting the kids talk to the parents.  Loved the little reference to the pastor, which is his way of trying to make himself look good. Only the aunt seemed to give a shit about the kids.  

Girl is now in foster care; they should have left her with the aunt.  I never understand why sometimes some of the kids are returned but not all.  If it is not a good place for the girl, why is it an ok place for the boys?  He might not be physically abusing them as he did to the girl, but it cannot be a healthy place for them mentally.

Did I miss something -- did the parents even explain why they did not reimburse the aunt?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, ElleMo said:

Did I miss something -- did the parents even explain why they did not reimburse the aunt?

I think you answered your own question:

Real low lifes.  They basically used the sister to get the kids out of state and circumvent the laws.  I don't believe the BS they spouted about aunt not letting the kids talk to the parents.  Loved the little reference to the pastor, which is his way of trying to make himself look good. Only the aunt seemed to give a shit about the kids

And CPS allowed some kids to stay? The whole thing was stinky. Poor kids. I expect some or all may be in JJ's (or someone's) court in the future, with that kind of "rules don't apply to us" mentality.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, ElleMo said:

Girl is now in foster care; they should have left her with the aunt.  I never understand why sometimes some of the kids are returned but not all.  If it is not a good place for the girl, why is it an ok place for the boys?  He might not be physically abusing them as he did to the girl, but it cannot be a healthy place for them mentally.

And never fear ... according to the dirtbag dad's Facebook page, he's got more kids now. And I had no idea what was going on in that case at all. I want to blame it on the distraction of that woman's $1 Hitler haircut or possibly spending too much time pondering how a drug habit translates to "seizure disorder" but it probably just comes down to: I'm not savvy enough to figure out scammer's scams.

Did anyone else hear JJ say to Byrd during one of the new cases, "Happy Birthday?" And then went on to say, "You're old." I chuckled. 

Edited by Guest
4 hours ago, ElleMo said:

Yes, I liked him too.  He said he doesn't turn anyone away and offered to give her free services.  She turned down the free service, wanted something more, so she should definitely pay.

That was what I was thinking. Or perhaps it was a suicide but mom wasn't believing that. It shows a lot of class that the funeral home owner didn't say why she was rejected. I am sure he knows or at least has an idea.  A lot of litigants would throw that in just to be spiteful and hurt the other person.  I wouldn't be surprised if he encouraged her to be on the show so she wouldn't be on the hook financially any more. 

I was thinking that too:  this way he gets paid, and she didn't have to try and come up with the money.  That hug made my day.  So nice to see some human decency on this show! 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

And never fear ... according to the dirtbag dad's Facebook page, he's got more kids now. And I had no idea what was going on in that case at all. I want to blame it on the distraction of that woman's $1 Hitler haircut or possibly spending too much time pondering how a drug habit translates to "seizure disorder" but it probably just comes down to: I'm not savvy enough to figure out scammer's scams.

I still think there's a boatload more to this story and it doesn't contain the words roses, Disney or ponies.  I actually talked to a colleague about this case this morning and the first word out of his mouth was the name of a family that came to my mind while watching the case.

I sincerely hope he and I are wrong with our suspicions.

14 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

I want to blame it on the distraction of that woman's $1 Hitler haircut or possibly spending too much time pondering how a drug habit translates to "seizure disorder"

It looks like she started to shave her head, then nodded off. They were both so disgusting I couldn't stop my lip from curling. Sometimes I really hate this HD tv. I could see the saliva bubbling in the corners of his mouth. Those two were true wastes of good oxygen.

But she loves her kids more than anything! She said so in the hall. That's why her daughter, who has two parents, was abused ("corporal punishment" Hmmm...) and is now living in foster care.

• Love 10

I Googled the husband's name in the child-transfer case.  He's a nurse, an LPN apparently (according to a different article).  And a saint, according to this one.  The article mentions his wife, Samantha, and their child.  Was Samantha the name of Hitler Hair?  I don't think it was, but maybe I'm misremembering.   If not, then he had a wife and a child before her, and now, according to a post above about his Facebook status, he has more kids.  Peachy.

http://www.grandrapidsmn.com/news/taste-of-itasca/article_ad50b66a-abfa-5095-9f2a-4cd498b3e2fc.html

Couldn't agree more about the funeral director.  I kept waiting for something sketchy to happen, but it was just pure goodness.  I may go out to Texas to die, just to give him my business.

• Love 5
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:51 AM, AZChristian said:

She had him pegged as a man-child from the moment she read the case details in her fake office backstage.

I love how they show JJ in her fake office on those rare occasions when she calls someone, and I have to laugh how--even though she may be on the West Coast in a different time zone--she is able to reach anybody, anywhere.  She'll introduce herself, and I would love it if the person on the other end asked, "Who?"  Of course, I realize only a small tribe in an Amazon rainforest doesn't know who she is, but...

• Love 6
Just now, Spunkygal said:

@Mondrianyone, that could be child transfer dad, but the guy in this article lives in Grand Rapids, MN (in 2005) and our scuzball lives in Fargo, ND. Of course he very well could have moved. If that is him, I bet he's a great, caring nurse. Insert smirk here.

Yeah, but from other Google hits, it looks as if he's moved around in the general northern Midwest area, and I think it was mentioned on the show as well.  The church connection is there, too.   I'm prepared to be wrong, but I suspect it's the same guy. 

• Love 2

I hated the defendant in the babysitting rerun today.  She had such a big mouth that I told her to shut up from my living room!  She talked herself right out of winning the case...(JJ said so)

• Love 2

I have worked with a lot of funeral directors over the years (I work at a church part time) and every single one of them are super nice and compassionate. Considering sometimes they work with whackadoodle families, they are even more saintly IMHO. 

Kenny (HA!) really came out smelling like a pile of doggie doody after that case. Of course his mama (double HA!) with the mailbox mouth all snapped shut when JJ started implying that her darling boy wasn't perfect. 

• Love 5

Today's landlord/tenant case -- again we have a decision that makes no sense because JJ knows something we don't know.  Plaintiff sues for damage to his rental property and gets nothing, even though he has police reports about shenanigans on the property and he has abatement orders from the city about a car on blocks and trash in the yard.  And maybe someone is or isn't living in a trailer on the property.  Sheesh!

Defendant gets $5K on a counterclaim because her vehicles were unlawfully impounded.  Why $5K?  Surely it didn't cost $5K to get the vehicles out of impound?

I wonder if plaintiff landlord knew about the counterclaim.  Did he have any clue what documentation JJ would want from him to defend the countersuit?  Or was he so sure that JJ would rule in his favor that he didn't think he needed to worry about it.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

I Googled the husband's name in the child-transfer case.  He's a nurse, an LPN apparently (according to a different article).....

4 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

@Mondrianyone, that could be child transfer dad, but the guy in this article lives in Grand Rapids, MN (in 2005) and our scuzball lives in Fargo, ND. Of course he very well could have moved. If that is him, I bet he's a great, caring nurse. Insert smirk here.

I'll break the news to you -- his state's nursing board called for an emergency suspension (5 years) of his LPN licensure in November because he wasn't following medication procedures, he screwed up patient documentation, and he was drunk at work. On top of all that, the nursing board discovered that he had lied to them during their investigation and hadn't coughed up the info about his previous terminations, previous disciplinary actions, and his previous nursing board investigation. David needs to get his life in order, and the nursing board needs to get a better record-keeping system.

I must say that it feels good to be among others who give in to their curiosity. I don't mention my court show-related Google explorations in mixed company. 

Edited by CoolWhipLite
  • Love 22