Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 09/19/2016

Athena
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, GokaiGreen said:

I've been a longtime lurker on this forum but Candace and Jediblabla finally made me come out of the shadows. 

I absolutely dread seeing these 2 during the opening credits. Candace is Elizabeth Hasselbeck 2.0 who knows nothing, forces her beliefs and religion down folks throats, and only gets her information through cue cards or ear piece. I've been giving her the side-eye more and more each day with her justifying every deplorable thing Donald Trump does and I agree with the poster above who said that Sunny should've been there to give Candace and Jediblabla a factual tongue lashing. The View made a mistake by letting Nicole Wallace go because she was well liked and the only conservative panel on the show with a brain. 

P.S. Candace nobody cares if you're going to be absent from the show for a few weeks to film a another cheesy Hallmark movie. 

I so agree with you regarding Nicole Wallace. I am one of those bleeding heart liberals you hear about :) and of all the conservative panelists they've had, Nicole Wallace was the one person who I would actually listen to and not tune out. When she presented her view, she almost always gave examples and experiences that directly tied in to what she was saying... to give her opinions foundations that were based on politics and not religion. It was a real mistake to fire her.

• Love 12

I wonder what the women who question Clinton Foundation donors think of Mother Theresa? She raked in millions from corrupt donors.

Charles Keating who was the genesis of the Savings and Loan debacle gave Theresa a million dollars. After he was convicted and sent to prison, did Theresa return that money? Of course not. Same goes for other corrupt donors she took money from.

Many older folks lost everything in the Savings and Loan collapse. The "christian" thing to do would have been to return the money to the folks in need who were bankrupted by Keating. Some of those elderly folks committed suicide because they had absolutely nothing left.

The Clinton Foundation's records are public as are their tax returns. Trump's are not. Until he opens up those records he should not be believed about anything he says regarding corruption.

• Love 13

Haven't watched in a while - summer reruns - and I tuned in yesterday.

I was horrified to see that dreadful "Jeb" or is it "Jed" as in Clampet? Anyway, NOT happy to see her sitting there. Is she now a regular? I hope not! And what was with her "new look?" All that big 80s hair and her make-up looked like she raided a drag queen's dressing room!! She was never that made-up before.

Candace is still as shrill, whiny, strident and incredibly annoying as usual. I want to upchuck every time she shamelessly flogs that stupid Fuller House atrocity she's in. I'd rather watch a colonoscopy so save it, Miss Right Wing. And when you go off to film your rubbish Hallmark movie, why don't you do us all a favor and take and extra, oh, maybe month or two longer? In other words, don't hurry back.

I see she still argues (with Joy this time) over things that she obviously has not fact checked, which only serves to show her as the ill-informed, little Bible-thumper she is and lest some of you get your pitchforks out, I have nothing against religion. As long as you don't try to force it on people, which she constantly does.

• Love 13

Think CCM, spends her down-time on the sets of  those Hallmark TV movies or "Fuller House," annoying people by giving her testimony, passing out bibles & otherwise trying to convert "non-Christian" co-stars, producers, directors & crew members?......either she forgot the U.S. Constitution guarantees Americans "freedom of religion," or she missed school the day that lesson was presented.

• Love 1

Hey Whoopi (the all-knowing one)!!!  Oxytocin makes women "fall in love" ... it's a hormone ... you stupid, ignorant BITCH!!

Also, NO Kellyanne Conway!!  What a HUGE surprise!!!

Edited to add:  WOW, less than five minutes with Lisa Ling, but some interesting topics covered.  Rip-off for sure.

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, maryis1 said:

I so agree with you regarding Nicole Wallace. I am one of those bleeding heart liberals you hear about :) and of all the conservative panelists they've had, Nicole Wallace was the one person who I would actually listen to and not tune out. When she presented her view, she almost always gave examples and experiences that directly tied in to what she was saying... to give her opinions foundations that were based on politics and not religion. It was a real mistake to fire her.

I agree with all of what you said about Nicole & still enjoy seeing her on MSNBC, but the thing that cooked her goose was how far up Whoopi's ass she was & how silly she got when they had celebrities on.  Sometimes she spewed the Faux News talking points, which was really aggravating.

• Love 9

Why did Sunny get so bitchy with Jediblahblah when she was talking about how the innocent store owners are getting their property destroyed by the protestors in NC?  Sunny snaps at her "I told you."  What did I miss?

Why did they cut off Lisa Ling's segment after the jail video? To make time for that stupid rap singer? UGH. Waste of time!

• Love 5

FUCK!!! My dvr froze and pixelated at the 3 minute mark and wouldn't let me fast forward, so now I have to fucking wait until tomorrow to watch!

But YES!!! To BOTH Sunny AND Joy being there!

Please tell me there was some Sunny smacking Jediblabla with FACTS today!

No surprise that the bottle bleached blonde bimbo wasn't there-not with the Orangutan shooting off racist shit this week. And IF she had come on today, sure as the sun rises in the East, Sunny would have NAILED her on the wall and NOT let her slide with her lies.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

Why did Sunny get so bitchy with Jediblahblah when she was talking about how the innocent store owners are getting their property destroyed by the protestors in NC?  Sunny snaps at her "I told you."  What did I miss?

Because Sunny read a statement that Martin Luther King, Jr. gave to Mike Wallace back in 1966, explaining why they riot. And clearly Jediblabla didn't listen because she wanted to say what she did: why does the black community hurt their own people???!!!! (Paraphrasing).

And Sunny can get as bitchy as she wants with that Foxbot as far as I'm concerned, though I didn't think she was being bitchy but irritated.

But that's just me.

I am and always will be TEAMSUNNY!!!!❤️❤️?

• Love 18
22 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Seriously, doesn't anyone remember those cringe-worth moments of NW asking such profound questions as "Who are the Kardashians?"

OH, if only we could all say that!

Again Kellyanne Conway is a no show.   But instead of giving Lisa an extra segment they choose that lame Joy taxi bit?  Boring show. 

• Love 5

But instead of giving Lisa an extra segment they choose that lame Joy taxi bit?  Boring show. 

I like Joy but that taxi bit was just stupid.

And it is even stupider that they want to do another one with airhead Sara!

• Love 4

I was not fond of Whoopi arguing with Sunny about her hair.   Yes, the world would be better if there was no pressure to have a certain kind of hair.   But Sunny is right, she probably would not have had the career opportunities she has had if she had natural hair.  Yes, Whoopi has been the exception to this, but for her to tell Sunny she was wrong, was not OK.   Women have had to dress a certain way, look a certain way, use makeup, have acceptable hair,  in order to get ahead in their careers, and Black women even more so.  Whoopi likes to say that SHE has had opportunities, so therefore there is no barrier.  But she is an exception.  Sunny knows that having straight hair, wearing makeup, wearing heels, have all helped her in her career, because she has had to go along with what society says women are supposed to look like.   As unfair as that is, Sunny played the game.  Maybe things are changing, let's hope so.  Philosophically, I agree with Whoopi - it SHOULDN'T matter.  But that's not the reality.

• Love 19

Reason #345, 829 why Whoopi is an idiot.  Plus, a federal court just ruled against the EEOC when they brought a case on behalf of a Black female whose offer of employment was withdrawn because she refused to cut her dreadlocks.  (I won't bore anyone with the details but basically they said dreadlocks could be cut off so weren't an immutable (unchangeable) aspect of being a Black woman)  I'd have sent Sunny the legal decision if I'd known this was going to be a topic of conversation.  So she could smack them down with the facts, some more!!

• Love 3

Looks like Conway chickened out. I was so happy to finally have a break from the conservative stronghold on the show the past 3 weeks with Jedi being the only one there today.

I loved Joy’s camaraderie with Lisa. I wish she’d come back, to be honest. Her and Meredith. Hell, Star, too. All of them are leagues ahead of the new crop.

4 hours ago, Vinyasa said:

I like Joy but that taxi bit was just stupid.

You could tell Joy thought it was stupid, too. At the end they told her she should do another one and she didn't want to, somebody else should do it.

5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But YES!!! To BOTH Sunny AND Joy being there!

Please tell me there was some Sunny smacking Jediblabla with FACTS today!

There wasn’t much besides the protester smackdown, unfortunately. Hopefully she’s there tomorrow, and next week, and the rest of the season. She’s such a breath of fresh air after listening to Candace and Jedi’s hate-filled nonsense for weeks.

• Love 5

Sunny was on fire today, more please! She elevates the show with her presence  along with Joy, in a panel filled with uninformed idiots...If they don't make her a regular and not a contributor, then the powers that be are idiots..We already know that,  but, it would be even more obvious.  Whoopie, you are no longer Caryn Elaine Johnson......You can get away with having dreads in your line of work..I am pretty sure that, had you remained private citizen Caryn and had not become Whoopie the movie star, you would not be so quick to disagree with Sunny about the pressures that Black women have to endure to assimilate in corporate America, when it comes to their hair...You don't need to be contrarian all the time, in order to be heard.....We hear you, trust me, we the viewers hear you, everyday and all the time...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 14

I am assuming tomorrows panel is Joy, Sara, Sunny, Raven and Paula. Not too bad. Jed and Candace are for sure out. Just hoping Whoopi is gone as well. I am surprised Sara gets on everyday, I thought her and Paula would rotate as the GMA ppl. Oddly enough it seems like Sunny/Candace, Paula/Jedediah are the rotations.

and to the people missing Nicolle, you don't you how good you have it until its gone ;) they thought she was too apologetic and flimsy on her opinions.

One of Sunny's biggest fans might be Sherri. She was watching the show today and tweeting away. I agree that Jedi completely missed the point of the MLK quote Sunny read and she deserved the smackdown. Nicolle is a competent, conservative commentator unlike Bitsy or CCB, but I didn't like the  the way she was constantly sucking up to Whoopi. Remember her last day when she said that there are three people she fell in love with at first sight - her husband, her son and Whoopi Goldberg? Gag. Wish Sunny had told Whoopi to mind her own business about her hair. Who is Whoopi to preach to people about their looks or authenticity?

• Love 17

That old clip really brings back good memories of this show. Meredith and I even miss Star Jones before she got too obnoxious with her wedding talk. Lisa Ling is so needed on this show back again. Of course, she is much better off with what she's doing now. I would bet Joy really misses her too and the good old days.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, backformore said:

Whoopi likes to say that SHE has had opportunities, so therefore there is no barrier.  But she is an exception.  Sunny knows that having straight hair, wearing makeup, wearing heels, have all helped her in her career, because she has had to go along with what society says women are supposed to look like.  

Whoopi's hair  was great for her  comedy and Sunny's hair reflected her  legal position well. Unfortunately, Whoopi couldn't or didn't want to see it.   

• Love 6

So some kind soul uploaded the show online and I just saw it. Sunny was on FIYAH today! That whole discussion about what African Americans "have to do" to make sure they don't get killed/shot/murdered by cops, my goodness, does Sara NOT understand? Or is she being wilfully ignorant? Trying to set it up like the victims need to not "AMP" up the situation, as if whatever they did or didn't do was the reason they got killed/shot? NO. Just no. Not when I see a video, which is pretty clear, that the latest victim had his hands up in the air, above his head, and wasn't being combative. If you can't contribute to the conversation/debate in a coherent manner, just keep your mouth SHUT.

And Whoopi needs to STFU as well. Was Rosie O the only one with the guts to defend her opinions/statements? Is it written in everyone's contract they cannot push back against Whoopi? I'm surprised, no, I'm shocked that Sunny caved. Instead of saying "Well I'm not Whoopi Goldberg!" when Whoopi got in her face about how HERSELF never had to change her hair. No kidding, Sherlock. Because you worked in an industry where that doesn't matter--when there are wigs abound to cover your head, or to wear different hairstyles.  Sunny should have defended herself more, and explained the Corporate World/Government World/Public/Private sectors don't work like Hollywood does.

The taxi bit was stupid, and I fast forwarded it, but...um...[in small voice]...I LOVED the rap, and when the original Sugar Hill guys showed up, I started moving to the music along with them. I loved seeing Sunny dance. She's a woman I know I could hang out with and talk shop with. I would LOVE to have worked for her when she was in the Justice Department. She would have been an AWESOME boss.

The taxi bit could have been cut out, so Lisa could talk some more. I loved the conversation about C-sections. That's what this show is missing---the calming and intelligent presence of someone like Lisa. Not knocking Sunny, because I love her, too.

Hey! Did y'all know there was an aftershow today? WITHOUT Whoopi. But it was all talk about...wait for iiiiiit...yes, you guessed it: SEX. Borrrrrring. Though I did love how Sunny told Jediblablah that the friendship she has with a guy isn't strictly a friendship because she used to date him and slept with him! And shocker--Sara hit it on the head, as to why they're still friends--he's waiting for another chance. If she could stop kissing Whoopi's ass, and actually voice her opinion and what she really thinks, she'd be more bearable.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, CreamedPeas said:

Sara is an idiot and she's terrified of saying anything against Whoopie. Look at her face. 

Sara tried every lame argument she could think of to  justify the police shootings. But when she tried to blame it on a lack if training???, my brain exploded. Evidently the lack of training only manifests when the victims are Black. Sometimes she is an idiot! 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Sunny can get as bitchy as she wants with that Foxbot as far as I'm concerned, though I didn't think she was being bitchy but irritated.

But that's just me.

I agree, and I'm not usually a big fan of Sunny's.  I don't enjoy how she plays up her "prudery" and needs to self-brag, but she's one smart cookie who can present facts very well.  I loved hearing her say, "I just told you, Bitch!"   Oh, wait...she didn't say "bitch," and probably never would--on air.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The worst Sara moment today was when she said she finally understood it's "Black Lives Matter, too" and not "Only Black Lives Matter." I mean, who in their right mind would have a problem understanding that...

Unfortunately far too many people.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Good for Joy. That's the way to introduce the Brad and Angelina situation - no Valley Girl voice, no snickering. Like it or not it is a topic of interest and it's not the host's job to denigrate the topic or the "suits." Take that, Whoopi. 

I saw a post on my homepage that Whoopi was apologizing/denying that she was mocking the Pitt/Jolie divorce.   She said she was told to report on the story and she was considering it to be just gossip, so her "valley girl voice"  was mocking interest in gossip about celebrities. 

So -   I guess she read my post from yesterday.  Yeah, it's all about me. 

• Love 7

Raven is a case study in why workers shouldn’t be kept on long after they’ve pretty much been given the pink slip, because they only stank up the place at that point. She is toxic and clearly blames Joy for her problems. If Joy did get her reduced/fired, that makes me like Joy more.

I like Sunny when it comes to the political discussions, but that same attitude is infuriating when they’re talking about sex and relationships. The difference is she comes with receipts when she’s talking politics, but she just assumes her opinion is fact in the trivial discussions. Like yesterday, when she was arguing how monogamy is what sex is for and today saying that people can’t be happy in a relationship that’s treated like a business transaction. How would you know that, Sunny? Please don’t transform into Whoopi the All-Knowing.

Joy had the same opinion about the Brad-Angelina-Aniston business as I do. WTF cares about Jennifer Aniston at this point? Brad and Angelina have been together for over a decade.

I won’t lie, I sort of miss Paula. I’d much rather have her there every day than Candace or the Jedi, that’s for sure.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

That's what I hate about this show, there is absolutely no sense of proportion of content.  Three segments with Whoop and gang discussing the most banal bullshit, and then a 5 minute segment with Lisa Ling or Geena Davis.

I agree but it could be that guests who are there to promo something maybe can't wait to get the hell away from them.

• Love 5

Sara tried every lame argument she could think of to  justify the police shootings. But when she tried to blame it on a lack if training???, my brain exploded. Evidently the lack of training only manifests when the victims are Black. Sometimes she is an idiot! 

Airhead Sara gets dimmer by the minute.

Don't forget she knows first hand about police work because she dated a police detective for years! What the heck?

• Love 3

They need to hurry up and push Raven out of the door already.  I'm tired of her stank ass attitude.  She seems to think HER opinion is the only one that matters.  I see she took her cues from Whoopi.  One of them is enough! 

• Love 8

Raven needs to just shut up. AND, she's a liar, saying that she doesn't feel anything about the Brad/Angelina divorce, what's happening, because, according to her, "it's none of my business" and it doesn't affect her. UNLIKE anything with Kanye and Kym and Rob and Black China????? I seem to recall her losing her shit over the break up? with the latter. Or any other celebrities that she follows. And sorry, but Sunny did have a point. If you treat a marriage as just a business transaction, without any of the emotions, be it passion, love, affection, it will be difficult to know or be able to depend on your partner during bad times. Or even GOOD times! Let's just go back to separate bed chambers and have sex to procreate and just do it by rote. Raven can shut it as some historian who was the only one who knew that's how marriages were back in the Regency/Victorian era, where marriages were for political reasons. Look, my parents' marriage was an arranged marriage--but it wasn't a business contract, and they fell in love after they got married. Though I do tease my mom, that she was attracted to my dad, because she'd met him five years before, pinning him with a military ribbon, because no one from his family was there, and my dad's army buddy was/is my mum's cousin.

Ahem.

I was loving Joy's So whaaat? Who caaaares? look when Sara was trying to make her "remember" who Jennifer Aniston was on Friends, and her rolling her eyes over "The Rachael" hair cut.

Am just finishing watching the interview with Dr. Tiffany Crutcher--and it's powerful.  Raven needs to NOT be allowed to ask any questions. Just sit there like the child you are to be seen and not heard.

Go Sunny! Damn right it's irrelevant!

Will post the rest when I'm done watching.

• Love 6

Joy asked why Fallon was criticized for having Trump on but Zach G wasn't when he interviewed HRC on Between Two Ferns.  By having Trump on, Fallon was contributing to the normalization of Trump which is very wrong and dangerous. See Sam Bee's bit.  Zach's show isn't the same thing; it's a parody show. Guests aren't treated with any sort of seriousness, but occasionally something brilliant comes out.  ("White Power" tie)

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, merriebreeze said:

Joy asked why Fallon was criticized for having Trump on but Zack G wasn't when he interviewed HRC on Between Two Ferns.  By having Trump on, Fallon was contributing to the normalization of Trump which is very wrong and dangerous. See Sam Bee's bit.  Zack's show isn't the same thing; it's a parody show. Guests aren't treated with any sort of seriousness, but occasionally something brilliant comes out.  ("White Power" tie)

Yeah. I was waiting for Sunny to say that. And she didn't say anything. Or I may have zoned out during that part. Rest of the show after that interview with Dr. Crutcher just went downhill for me.

BUT. At least with today, we know that Fridays with Joy moderating wasn't just a last season thing. And I bet the audience was a hootin' and a hollerin' because it was JOY who was moderating and there was no sign of Whoopi or Jediblabla.

• Love 6

Joy seemed off her game today. And a little grumpy. Still like her a lot more than Whoopi. I think Sunny would be a good moderator. Sunny is so smart, well informed and confident when she is speaking as a legal expert.  But, when she is speaking as everyday wife and mother Sunny, she makes herself small and girly and speaks with a teeny voice. She probably calls her husband daddy. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

And, lately the end of the show is a mess. They are either stretching ( which Whoopi is horrible at) or they are rushed and barely finish on time.

It's that stupid raffle for vacation that eats up the last five minutes of the interview. I think they'll stop at 20. It's stupid and ridonkulous.  I don't mind grumpy Joy. The eye rolls and don't give a fuck about pop culture she doesn't care about was great. And it was a way to shut up both Sara and Raven.

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Am just finishing watching the interview with Dr. Tiffany Crutcher--and it's powerful.  Raven needs to NOT be allowed to ask any questions. Just sit there like the child you are to be seen and not heard.

Why bother having Sara, Raven, Paula, and even Joy ask questions, when Sunny was doing such a good interview?  This show is awful.  Have some respect for the people you're interviewing, instead of trying to get everyone in on the act.  She just lost her twin brother, and they're asking ridiculous insulting questions.

Edited by atomationage
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Joy asked why Fallon was criticized for having Trump on but Zach G wasn't when he interviewed HRC on Between Two Ferns.  By having Trump on, Fallon was contributing to the normalization of Trump which is very wrong and dangerous. See Sam Bee's bit.  Zach's show isn't the same thing; it's a parody show. Guests aren't treated with any sort of seriousness, but occasionally something brilliant comes out.  ("White Power" tie)

YES!   Fallon pretty much fawned over Trump and treated him like a celebrity, not a presidential candidate.  

• Love 9