Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 09/19/2016

Athena
  • Start Topic

I think Vinyasa might have been right all along and Sara just has empty air between her ears. She gives the kind of non-responses Nicolle used to give, in a way to keep any and all blood completely off her hands. Why are you even on a talkshow or talking period if you are so much of a coward you can’t say what you mean? I loved when Joy told her to just say it. You can tell it pissed off Whoopi that Joy would target her personally-approved co-host, just like when Joy calls out Raven’s stupid ass.

Candace’s and Jedi’s heartfelt pleas for understanding when it comes to race might have meant something if they hadn’t just spent yesterday’s show going all-out in defense of racial profiling.

• Love 12
45 minutes ago, GokaiGreen said:

I've been a longtime lurker on this forum but Candace and Jediblabla finally made me come out of the shadows. 

I absolutely dread seeing these 2 during the opening credits. Candace is Elizabeth Hasselbeck 2.0 who knows nothing, forces her beliefs and religion down folks throats, and only gets her information through cue cards or ear piece. I've been giving her the side-eye more and more each day with her justifying every deplorable thing Donald Trump does and I agree with the poster above who said that Sunny should've been there to give Candace and Jediblabla a factual tongue lashing. The View made a mistake by letting Nicole Wallace go because she was well liked and the only conservative panel on the show with a brain. 

P.S. Candace nobody cares if you're going to be absent from the show for a few weeks to film a another cheesy Hallmark movie. 

Welcome aboard @GokaiGreen!!!  All input welcomed & appreciated.  Have a good time.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, GokaiGreen said:

I've been a longtime lurker on this forum but Candace and Jediblabla finally made me come out of the shadows. 

I absolutely dread seeing these 2 during the opening credits. Candace is Elizabeth Hasselbeck 2.0 who knows nothing, forces her beliefs and religion down folks throats, and only gets her information through cue cards or ear piece. I've been giving her the side-eye more and more each day with her justifying every deplorable thing Donald Trump does and I agree with the poster above who said that Sunny should've been there to give Candace and Jediblabla a factual tongue lashing. The View made a mistake by letting Nicole Wallace go because she was well liked and the only conservative panel on the show with a brain. 

P.S. Candace nobody cares if you're going to be absent from the show for a few weeks to film a another cheesy Hallmark movie. 

Welcome GokaiGreen!  

Hey, I care if Candace is going to be gone!!  That means I might be able to get through an entire show without deleting - although I'm still waiting for a Whoopi-Free day. 

This post reminded me that I completely skipped the Fall of 2008 season because I didn't want to listen to Bitsy during the presidential campaign.  This year there are multiple reasons sitting at the table     to avoid it

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Jedi’s heartfelt pleas for understanding when it comes to race might have meant something if they hadn’t just spent yesterday’s show going all-out in defense of racial profiling.

TRUTH!!!!!.

That said, I was lulled into actually liking Jediblabla, as she talked about what she and her mother were saying, until I remembered and said to her, "exception being Muslims." And then whatever goodwill I felt, because I did feel some for saying what she did--she didn't have to, but I still side-eyed her saying it after yesterday's bullshit, by AGAIN, dragging in the Clintons when it was DRUMPH'S illegalities that was the subject. And that the Clinton Foundation has proven to actually help those in need, and if the donors are criminals, show the proof. And Whoopi, got her to finally shut up, by saying you can see the Clintons' taxes, that show where the money has gone. Can't say the same for the Orange Orangutan.

I don't pay attention, nor believe anything that comes out of Chipmunk's mouth. She was clearly trying to change the subject by bringing up that that lying liar who lies donated to Vets--conveniently leaving out he only did so, after it was revealed he HAD NOT donated to Veterans. But that's beside the point.

Yeah, Sara, pick a side. Have the BALLS to say you prefer Clinton to Drumph, instead of refusing to just, as Joy insisted, "SAY IT!" Coward.

Again, with Sara, trying to justify the latest murders of African Americans, by cops, CAUGHT ON CAMERA with a "we must not let our emotions take over and study these 'case by case' because we JUST.DON'T.KNOW." Except, you coward, we do know in some of these cases.

Today was just so rage inducing.  And at least Sunny will be there tomorrow. I'm convinced now that we got Sunny on Monday because of the bombings on Saturday night.

Anthony Anderson was such a breath of fresh air, and DAYUM, but he's looking great. Dude lost at least 20 pounds!

I fast forwarded Chipmunk talking about leaving, and the sex talk, AGAIN, the SAME kind of SEX talk, and was glad my area had the mandatory testing so I missed the intro into "discussing" it.

Too bad the preview for Lisa tomorrow was an old interview--cuz it was Bawawa interviewing her and it was on the couch.

I miss the couch.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
Because grammar and punctuation is IMPORTANT!
  • Love 6

I'm guessing those AIDS patients didn't really care where the money came from that led to them getting medical care, Jedidingbat, but I could be wrong. Candace's tired defenses of Trump are pathetic. You can see the steam coming out of her ears when Joy brings him up. The whole conversation of the two charities was mind numbing in false equivalencies. both sides!

• Love 9

I think Vinyasa might have been right all along and Sara just has empty air between her ears. She gives the kind of non-responses Nicolle used to give, in a way to keep any and all blood completely off her hands. Why are you even on a talkshow or talking period if you are so much of a coward you can’t say what you mean? I loved when Joy told her to just say it.

I had airhead Sara pegged as an airhead back in February!

I am going to congratulate myself that others are now agreeing.  I'll be buying some clothes, wearing them and then proudly returning them worn back to the store!

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

I am going congratulate myself that others are now agreeing.  I'll be buying some clothes, wearing them and then proudly returning them worn back to the store!

I was one of the few people on here that defended her at first, now, I am over her..She is so vapid on so many levels...I miss Michele, she added another point of view that is sorely needed on this hot mess of a show...I think it is so funny, how Whoopie is acknowledging that there is racism in this country. However, when Rosie used to say it, she was so nasty and belligerent towards her claiming that there was no racism...I cannot take her these days....She is such a bitch..Contrast that with Sheryl on the talk yesterday, who  talked about the shooting of that Black man in Tulsa..It was so genuine and she made me cry....

Joy is not vociferous enough for me, in countering the talking points and misinformation of both the Christian Barbie and Jedidiah.. Sunny, where are you? We need you desperately on this show... I loved her smack down of Jedidiah weeks ago..That was a thing of beauty...That is how you argue a point of view with facts and proof.....Something that most on the panel are incapable of doing..That is truly sad....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, GokaiGreen said:

Now that you've stepped out of the shadows, there's no going back!  Welcome!

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

I am going congratulate myself that others are now agreeing.  I'll be buying some clothes, wearing them and then proudly returning them worn back to the store!

I don't think she's an airhead; just a fucking coward who doesn't have the guts to voice her own opinion and stick with it. Instead she couches all her opinions dealing with serious subject matters as "objective" not choosing a side, so no one will question her. Like she did today regarding Clinton and the Orangutan.

For me, airhead will always be Chrissy Snow from Three's Company--a total and complete idiot about almost everything, and Sara really isn't that. And @Former Nun, she isn't like a golden retriever puppy/dog, either, because that breed is intelligent. Just because they're the most friendliest, doesn't mean, they are unintelligent! [insert emoji with tongue sticking out here]

• Love 6

So I saw the clip with Candace and Jedawhatever talking ever so passionately about race and loving one another, and as others have said, it would have been a lot more believable if I hadn't just seen them go hardcore for racial profiling the day before. So good try guys, no cigar! 

As for Candace and her one "black friend", I actually know a little about that. Why you say? Because I actually used to like Candace  (before she got on this show ), because we're the same age, I grew up watching Full House, I enjoy cheesy Hallmark movies, and she seemed not as crazy as,her brother  (low bar, I know). And ahe,really didn't talk about politics on her social media. As,such I read one of her books. (Hangs head) The "black friend" is actually Indian and they've been friends apparently since grade school. The friend is also Hindu and liberal. Candace mentions this often to show how she is friends with all different types of people who believe different things. They are pretty close and she pops in her social media a lot. So take that for whatever. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, spiritof76 said:

As,such I read one of her books. (Hangs head) The "black friend" is actually Indian and they've been friends apparently since grade school. The friend is also Hindu and liberal. Candace mentions this often to show how she is friends with all different types of people who believe different things. They are pretty close and she pops in her social media a lot. So take that for whatever. 

Bolding mine and I have to roll my eyes. Did Chipmunk actually say "all different types of people?" Because, that is just like saying "I have [insert race/ethnicity] friends!"  And as someone who is Indian and Hindu, the fact that she labeled her Indian friend as a Black friend, is telling.  And since grade school? Considering that Chipmunk never went to school...but was "educated" on set...makes me go Hmmmmm.

And on a positive and shallow note, I want the blouse Sara was wearing today.

• Love 6

They talked about an unarmed Black man being shot by police, Joy brings up Trump, and Candace says "it's not Trump's fault."   Can she see that with all the talking Trump does about not wanting to be "Politically Correct", and profiling people based on what they MIGHT  do,  along with telling  Black voters how bad they have it, THEN calling for "more Law enforcement"  - this all reinforces the idea that Black lives do NOT matter.   There is a subtle racism, a jumping to conclusions, that a Black man is dangerous, violent, about to be aggressive.  It is prevalent in our society, being more afraid of a Black man than a white man if you're alone on a street, in an elevator, wherever.   And Donald Trump reinforces the racism and makes it stronger, by dismissing the protests as unimportant.  Athletes not standing for the national anthem?  THIS is what they're protesting about! 

Jed, who just yesterday (?)  was talking about the need to profile people to keep us safe -  today is all about gay pride, Black pride, equality for everybody.   Does she understand that "profiling"  means looking more closely at people who we suspect MIGHT have a tendency based on their race/nationality/religion?  Pick a side, Jed, because I can't figure out how today's words fit with yesterday's. 

• Love 13

Just watched this train wreck today.  Damn...I wish Sunny was there, too.  CCB....bless her heart, scary how indoctrinated she is.  Putting her Bible in the suitcase yesterday, etc.  We get it.  You are a good Christian so how about opening up your mind and have a little free thinking and tolerance.  Oh...who am I kidding.  Ain't gonna happen.  Good point on keeping her kids from telling bad jokes (like that's ever gonna happen...kids will be kids and there is the world/internet out there Candace).  They're soon gonna be on their own and I don't think you can control them then.

Whoopi lost me a couple of times today.  She gets off on a tangent and I just can't follow.

Joy is (for me) the sanest voice at the table...Sunny, too.  Just wish she was on everyday.

Sara is out of her depth anywhere.  I watch GMA Sunday Morning only because I love Dan Harris and my Charlie
Rose CBS Morning Show isn't on.  The show is total fluff and she is sweet, airy (heh...get it?) cotton candy.  She just doesn't have a clue on so many topics there and they don't do any heavy discussion except trivial stuff.  And the way she throws her head back with the wide open mouth laugh (Jedi does it, too) bugs me.  Who does she know or is related to?

Timer just went off and my spinach, mushroom, feta cheese casserole is done.  Yummmmmm

Keep up the snark, y'all!

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Did that idiot literally hand JLC a bible?

In her defense (kind of) JLC asked all the hosts to show  - if you had to leave right now, and knew you could never come back (like being a refugee)  what one item would you pack in the suitcase?

CCB offered a bible, which to me was strange (wouldn't you bring a PHOTO OF YOUR FAMILY?)  Jed said her ankle bracelet, Joy forgot her homework, Raven had a blankie,  Whoopi ignored the whole thing.  I might not be remembering it all.  But yeah, I think it was a way for CCB to promote how holy and religious she is, once again. 

And her yelling at her kids for telling a joke (I assume it was racist) - instead of yelling, a better approach would be to sit down and ask them to explain why it was funny, and talk to them about how it could offend people.  Her approach doesn't stop the jokes, it just lets them know not to say it in front of mom. 

• Love 4

What a joke.....Little Miss Perky & JediFox talking about how we should all be more accepting of minorities, except those evil Muslim terrorists.......even those who were born here & can prove they're American citizens.  Thanks to Trump & his supporters, hate is constantly growing throughout our country.  Trumpsters are enjoying harassing & threatening every non-white person they encounter, because they "know" non-whites are all "Illegal, Muslim, Terrorists," out to destroy their "American Way of Life."  These bullies  have even turned on individuals brave enough to stand up to them & defend their innocent friends, co-workers & neighbors.....by questioning the origin of these decent people's surnames, demanding to know what church they attend & their political affiliation.  How do you think Perky would feel if these people claimed her kids weren't true Americans, called them "Russkies," & because their father's a naturalized citizen, tell them to"go back to Russia?"  And I'd love to see JediFox squirm when these people ask her the origin of her " funny, foreign sounding last name," "ask her if she's an "illegal?" or insist because of the color of her skin....."she's not white."  

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, backformore said:

In her defense (kind of) JLC asked all the hosts to show  - if you had to leave right now, and knew you could never come back (like being a refugee)  what one item would you pack in the suitcase?

CCB offered a bible, which to me was strange (wouldn't you bring a PHOTO OF YOUR FAMILY?)  Jed said her ankle bracelet, Joy forgot her homework, Raven had a blankie,  Whoopi ignored the whole thing.  I might not be remembering it all.  But yeah, I think it was a way for CCB to promote how holy and religious she is, once again. 

And her yelling at her kids for telling a joke (I assume it was racist) - instead of yelling, a better approach would be to sit down and ask them to explain why it was funny, and talk to them about how it could offend people.  Her approach doesn't stop the jokes, it just lets them know not to say it in front of mom. 

My bold.  First of all, as mentioned above, I think that story was like Hasselblech's made up stories about advice from Grace .... BULLSHIT!!!  Second, if her teenagers are saying these things in front of her, it didn't start NOW, but this point is mute anyway.

• Love 6

Sara doesn't want the wrath of Whoopi to drop down on her so she wants to be the funny and happy one on the panel. No true ideas or comments from that one.

Sara is out of her depth anywhere.  I watch GMA Sunday Morning only because I love Dan Harris and my Charlie
Rose CBS Morning Show isn't on.  The show is total fluff and she is sweet, airy (heh...get it?) cotton candy.  She just doesn't have a clue on so many topics there and they don't do any heavy discussion except trivial stuff.  And the way she throws her head back with the wide open mouth laugh (Jedi does it, too) bugs me. 

Airhead Sara adds nothing and won't challenge anyone because she doesn't want to be challenged. She can't produce or defend a thought.  She can clap, nod and wave but that is about it.  I don't even think she can follow the conversation.

Now that is was mentioned about throwing back her head, I can't stop watching for that!!!

• Love 4

Bolding mine and I have to roll my eyes. Did Chipmunk actually say "all different types of people?" Because, that is just like saying "I have [insert race/ethnicity] friends!"  And as someone who is Indian and Hindu, the fact that she labeled her Indian friend as a Black friend, is telling.  And since grade school? Considering that Chipmunk never went to school...but was "educated" on set...makes me go Hmmmmm

She actually did go to school. I believe it was a private school, because they were more accommodating to her schedule than the public schools were. But she did go to school (as,well as have tutors on set). I will say that based,on her book she didn't really seem to place a very high importance on education. At least that is how it came across to me. 

As for calling her Indian friend black, I actually think Whoopi did that. When she was looking at the birthday photo, that was blindingly white, especially because everyone was dressed in white, Whoopi joked that next time they could invite her and she could be the one Brown face in the picture and that's when Candace pointed out her friend Dilini, and said "There is one, my best friend Dillini." Not tonly defend this chick or anything, cause everything about her is so problematic. But that is just how I remember the conversation going. But then again the sound of both her and Whoopi talking make mevery black out sometimes so I could have,missed something.

But the "all different types of people ", yup she said that. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

How do you think Perky would feel if these people claimed her kids weren't true Americans, called them "Russkies," & because their father's a naturalized citizen, tell them to"go back to Russia?"

I kept wondering who this "Bure" guy was.  He sounds like he's a sleeper agent to me, sent by Putin to spy for them.   She's really putting me off watching the next season of Fuller House, but I don't watch for her anyway.

• Love 1

Did Chipmunk actually say "all different types of people?" Because, that is just like saying "I have [insert race/ethnicity] friends!"  And as someone who is Indian and Hindu, the fact that she labeled her Indian friend as a Black friend, is telling

Who is Chipmunk? CCB?  Jediblahblah?

Are we now going back in time to the tales of Timberley and her black Barbie doll?

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 1

Understatement of the decade!

LOL! I know right? Which I think is odd because her father was a public school teacher. (Also apparently, according to her book, he wasaid the last hold out in the family to "get saved". I believe it's only been within the last ten years). And while I'm out here spilling all of Chipmunk's tea, she also talked in her book about how she was living with her boyfriend at 18. She never said the boyfriend's name, but she has said repeatedly that Val, was her only real boyfriend. So just tuck that info away for the next time she starts talking about dating and sex.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Yes, yes she did!!!  No one noticed it was bullshit encrusted though!!

I sometimes feel that her "Christianity" is over the top, I am not saying that she is not genuine in her beliefs, I don't presume to know what is in her heart..Something is amiss..Ironically, the Bible says whatever is in the dark, will come out in the light....Time will tell....

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Ironically, the Bible says whatever is in the dark, will come out in the light....Time will tell...

Yes it does! And it all says that come judgement day, there will many people who will claim to know God, and He will say, "Depart from me, I know you not!" So some people might be in for a shock! LOL! 

On another note, glad I missed that discussion on Trump and charity. How anyone defends that is beyond me.

• Love 5

The hot topic of Trump's charity foundation being questioned.  VERY serious allegations.    Jed   goes right to yelling about the Clinton Foundation.  But that's not the point.  Joy is right - Trump is laundering money  Yes, some of his foundation money went to veteran's groups.  BUT a quarter of a million dollars, donated by other people, went to settling lawsuits against Trump's other businesses.   Money people donated for charity, was used for his own purposes.    It's called fraud.  People are questioning the Clinton foundation about where the money comes from, but there are no questions about where the money GOES.    The Trump Foundation is under scrutiny because of where the money goes.  Sarah understood this.  Jed pretended not to. 

AND donations to Trump's  campaign are being paid to his other businesses.  The way to explain it is Trump-the-candidate gets campaign funds from donors.    He rents out the Trump airplane, holds events in the Trump hotel,  -things owned by Trump-the-businessman.   and Trump-the-businessman CHARGES Trump-the-candidate for the use of hotel facilities and airplane.   Bottom line -  donations to the campaign are profiting him personally. 

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, backformore said:

The hot topic of Trump's charity foundation being questioned.  VERY serious allegations.    Jed   goes right to yelling about the Clinton Foundation.  But that's not the point.  Joy is right - Trump is laundering money  Yes, some of his foundation money went to veteran's groups.  BUT a quarter of a million dollars, donated by other people, went to settling lawsuits against Trump's other businesses.   Money people donated for charity, was used for his own purposes.    It's called fraud.  People are questioning the Clinton foundation about where the money comes from, but there are no questions about where the money GOES.    The Trump Foundation is under scrutiny because of where the money goes.  Sarah understood this.  Jed pretended not to. 

AND donations to Trump's  campaign are being paid to his other businesses.  The way to explain it is Trump-the-candidate gets campaign funds from donors.    He rents out the Trump airplane, holds events in the Trump hotel,  -things owned by Trump-the-businessman.   and Trump-the-businessman CHARGES Trump-the-candidate for the use of hotel facilities and airplane.   Bottom line -  donations to the campaign are profiting him personally. 

I love it that all this stuff is coming out now about the SOB. Rosie O is no longer on this show but Joy gets in her two cents every show against him. The more that comes out the better.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, backformore said:

Raven had a blankie,  Whoopi ignored the whole thing. 

Nope. That was Sara, who gave Jamie Lee her "baby's blankie." Raven wasn't on yesterday.

59 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

Who is Chipmunk? CCB?  Jediblahblah?

Chipmunk is Candace, because she sounds like a chipmunk when she speaks, with her high squeaky voice. Jediblabla, well, that's obvious, isn't it?

• Love 3

Today was just so rage inducing.  And at least Sunny will be there tomorrow. I'm convinced now that we got Sunny on Monday because of the bombings on Saturday night.

They better not bump Joy for Sunny, which I think they did on Monday!

Get rid of CCB or airhead Sara and let us have both Joy and Sunny. Why can't that happen?

• Love 5
Just now, Vinyasa said:

They better not bump Joy for Sunny, which I think they did on Monday!

Get rid of CCB or airhead Sara and let us have both Joy and Sunny. Why can't that happen?

It's not a matter of bumping Joy for Sunny. The 22nd was originally going to be her first air date per her Tweet a couple weeks ago. Now, if the show is thinking to not have Joy on when Sunny is also on? That's bullshit. But since Chipmunk is leaving for a bit, maybe we'll have both Joy and Sunny.

• Love 4

It's not a matter of bumping Joy for Sunny. The 22nd was originally going to be her first air date per her Tweet a couple weeks ago. Now, if the show is thinking to not have Joy on when Sunny is also on? That's bullshit

Why couldn't Joy have also been on for Sunny's first day? If someone has to make room for Sunny, scrap CCB or airhead Sara. That is simple!

The bold is my concern!

7 hours ago, GokaiGreen said:

Oh- I'm sure viewers (and many of us here OTB) were thrilled to hear this news!
Happy days are here again!

• Love 5

Is she going to be out filming a Hallmark film? If so... HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!

If Joy and Sunny are alternated, I will rage. They should not be alternating when two Foxbots get to sit at the table simultaneously. You'd think Jedi is an official co-host the way she's been there every single day since this season started.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, GokaiGreen said:

Actually I care! I am very happy, I will not miss her frown and then slight smile when something good about Hillary is said - and then politely clap when people like Valerie Jarrett is on. I noticed the audience applauded everyone's comment here and there today - except Candace's.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

@Former Nun, she isn't like a golden retriever puppy/dog, either, because that breed is intelligent. Just because they're the most friendliest, doesn't mean, they are unintelligent! [insert emoji with tongue sticking out here]

I hoped I could scoot by with that one (dog reference).  Maybe the sweetness and prettieness of the golden, but the braininess of the Afghan.

• Love 2

I appreciate Sara is going for the "undecided/objective" panelists. She's not someone who repeats the same talking points over unlike... well... everyone else. Besides Sunny who is ideal.

Joy was bothersome today and has been for a few weeks...She gets tripped up and doesn't make great points and seems angry and then doesnt engage in much else. I get the election is scary but she's making it almost harder. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

You'd think Jedi is an official co-host the way she's been there every single day since this season started.

Not only an "official co-host," but the most endearing, popular, and desired co-host EVER!   Because I don't like anything about her (especially her greasy pink lips the other day), she especially irritates me with her grins and big WAVES to the audience as she comes onstage--much more animated than the rest of the gang.  She constantly mugs for them because she knows she IS the star!   

• Love 2