Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremy and Auj Poj

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, MegD said:

Part of me wonders if they told Amy "we've already posted to social media" letting her think it was ok to do it and then suddenly "No, we never said you could post." Because it's not their fault that Amy didn't understand the boundaries. This also gives them justifcation to keep precious Ember Jean (her mom's the labor queen.....) from Amy. They just can't trust her not to post about Ember Jean, putting their daughter in danger.

I think when they're dying to get a break from their newborn, and want a babysitter,

they'll trust grandma fast enough..ask me how I know ;-)

• Love 7

I suppose any sign of imperfection, such as a B in math, will result in loads of guilt for not lighting up the world properly.

I know Jeremy likes to fancy himself an intellectual, but let's be real, neither he nor Auj will actually give enough of a shit about intellectual/academic pursuits to care if their kid gets a B in math. I'm sure that Auj at least will care a whole lot more if Ember ends up not being a total girly girl and hating all the makeup and jewelry and girl clothes that Auj will push on her. 

To say nothing if Ember doesn't embrace their version of hipster conservative Christianity... 

Maybe Jean is a family name.  If so they still could've picked something different for the 1st to roll better with the second.

I tend to like names that are a bit different; I'm just not fond of Ember. Hopefully Ember is happy with her name. I do wonder how the name compares to what their circle of friends are using.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Maybe Jean is a family name.  If so they still could've picked something different for the 1st to roll better with the second.

I tend to like names that are a bit different; I'm just not fond of Ember. Hopefully Ember is happy with her name. I do wonder how the name compares to what their circle of friends are using.

I remember last season when they had some friends over for dinner (the husband was very hipster and seemed to be a know-it-all...no wonder he and Jeremy are friends) and their kids were named Aria and Honor. Ick. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Gonna be hard to find key chains, souvenir mugs, etc., off the rack.

Seriously, it will be almost impossible unless the name somehow becomes popular, which I doubt.

My name is a fairly common name, but the spelling is a less common variation and I had a really hard time finding my name on all that type of stuff. It really annoyed me when I was a kid.

Edited by Bunbun77
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, Shmoopaloop said:

I remember last season when they had some friends over for dinner (the husband was very hipster and seemed to be a know-it-all...no wonder he and Jeremy are friends) and their kids were named Aria and Honor. Ick. 

Ahh, okay then.

7 minutes ago, Bunbun77 said:

My name is a fairly common name, but the spelling is a less common variation and I have a really hard time finding my name on all they type of stuff. It really annoyed me when I was a kid.

Same here; hated it as a kid, could care less now.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

I think I would like it more if they weren't all "OMG I HOPE SHE'S GOT RED HAIR!!!" And I agree with you Celia, by itself, its not a bad name if a lil trendy but Ember Jean? Jean is too blunt. I would have done Ember Lynn or something.

Heh. I'm an Amber Lynn, myself. Coincidentally, I went to school with an Amber Jean. I've never known an Ember; though I once had an aunt ask me (while at my own birthday party, if memory serves) if my name is spelled with an "E". That was probably 25+ years ago and I still remember it clear as day. 

Does anyone here watch Outdaughtered? In a recent episode Danielle and Adam met up with a pastor. The pastor introduced his wife and baby son. The son's name? Denim. I was wondering if I really heard it correctly and had to go back and watch that part again. Sure enough, Denim. Maybe they took some inspiration from that? Ah, who knows; but I suppose it's as good of a theory as any. 

Edited by amcfar
  • Love 2

See, that's what I don't like about a lot of these names. They just seem to be random whatever sounds 'cool' & different to them; no rhyme, reason, or meaning behind it. My kids have names you wouldn't hear often, but they are always complimented & I believe that's because they are still actual names. They were chosen carefully for good reason, & also paired carefully with the middle & last names. We didn't just pull from something we happen to like, or whatever, & call the kids that... I'm just not relating to the why behind these choices I guess.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, amcfar said:

Does anyone here watch Outdaughtered? In a recent episode Danielle and Adam met up with a pastor. The pastor introduced his wife and baby son. The son's name? Denim. I was wondering if I really heard it correctly and had to go back and watch that part again. Sure enough, Denim. Maybe they took some inspiration from that? Ah, who knows; but I suppose it's as good of a theory as any. 

I watch, but somehow missed that little gem. Maybe these hipster Christians are big on creating unique names.

1 minute ago, gonecrackers said:

See, that's what I don't like about a lot of these names. They just seem to be random whatever sounds 'cool' & different to them; no rhyme, reason, or meaning behind it. My kids have names you wouldn't hear often, but they are always complimented & I believe that's because they are still actual names. They were chosen carefully for good reason, & also paired carefully with the middle & last names. We didn't just pull from something we happen to like, or whatever, & call the kids that... I'm just not relating to the why behind these choices I guess.

I also picked a less common, but still a REAL NAME name that has family meaning. It seems like a lot of people feel the need to make their kid seem so unique. My sister almost named her kid Pepsi, but luckily came to her senses.

• Love 3

Just been thinking. If they are starting a theme of naming their children around fire there are more names that come to mind. A second daughter with red hair could be named Flame (also continues the stripper theme). A son with black hair could be Coal, one with brown hair could be Wood or Log. Yes, I went there.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Tidbit said:

A second daughter with red hair could be named Flame ...

Yeah, I guess Ginger, Ruby, and Scarlett were too obvious.  So we get Ember and maybe Flame. 

I really thought they would name the kid "Rowan" which is not only a tree but also means "little red one" or "little red head."  I guess they are saving that up for a baby who is born with a full head of bright glowing red hair so they can be sure.  Wouldn't want to waste it on a disappointing little brunette. 

• Love 3

While I do think "famous" (I don't know that I consider them famous, but idk what else to say) or not, Amy should have common sense to let them post about the baby first I think Jer and Auj overestimate themselves if they think that we hadn't already figured out the baby was most likely born due to their absence on social media... let that sink in... literally they didn't post for 24 hours and a good chunk of people here correctly guessed the baby was being born because that was an odd absence for them... what does that say about their fame whoring?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

no matter who you're trying to honor, just no...Ember Jean, bless her heart. Maybe Ember Shay, Ember Danielle, many cute names would've worked. sigh........

• Love 1

what exactly is wrong with jean? it is a common name, especially for a middle name.  

btw, ember is an up and coming name -- i have started seeing it more frequently used.

Edited by zoomama
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:
57 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Amy's middle initial is J . . . 

Amy's middle name is Jo.  Amy Jo Roloff.

Jerk & Odd would never use any part of Amy's name...they don't respect her life choices. She got divorced!  She has a boyfriend...& she goes on overnight trips with him!  She doesn't understand boundaries! And anyway, Amy, (and Matt, Zach, Molly, Jeremy) is merely part of Jerk's former family. No, naming their perfect child of Christ, who was born as a result of faithfully following the Jesus-approved chapters of the Kama Sutra, shall not be named after such an un-Godly woman as Amy.

• Love 8

The son's name? Denim. I was wondering if I really heard it correctly and had to go back and watch that part again. Sure enough, Denim.

Maybe they were huge fans of The Face on the Milk Carton. 

I really thought they would name the kid "Rowan" which is not only a tree but also means "little red one" or "little red head."

Rowan probably sounds too pagan for their Christian hearts! 

• Love 1

I don't think there's anything wrong with Jean (other than it's a bit plain for my tastes). To me it's the combo - Ember Jean, that just sounds awkward. Ember is too modern to pair with Jean - and my sense is that they saddled her with Ember because its unique - like Amber but not Amber, and because they can justify Ember because its cool and hipster and they can also make it sound Christian, example "Welcome to our family Ember, may you be a glowing, fierce, and radiant light in this world.". I suspect they are slapping Jean on because its old fashioned and traditional so they won't catch flack for essentially naming the kid weird. It just clangs in the ear and instead of sounding hipster cool, it sounds like the sort of name rednecks give their kids. I mean honestly, Ember Jean sounds like a stripper name or the name of someone who will need to have Maury Povitch DNA test five different men to find out her baby daddy is.

• Love 8

You know, I live in the Portland area, like the Roloffs, and this area is currently in horror and grief over the Eagle Creek Fire, a wildfire destroying tens of thousands of acres in the Columbia River Gorge, the gem of the Pacific Northwest; the fire was started by teenaged pieces of shit throwing fireworks into a canyon after a record-breaking dry summer, meaning the wildfire is as needless as it is heartbreaking. 

Anyway, maybe it's a long shot, but I wonder if the fireworks and/or the fire put them in mind of Ember, or if it's just an untimely coincidence. In any case, it's still a hilariously trashy name and I'm still surprised these insufferable hipsters picked it. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

You know, I live in the Portland area, like the Roloffs, and this area is currently in horror and grief over the Eagle Creek Fire, a wildfire destroying tens of thousands of acres in the Columbia River Gorge, the gem of the Pacific Northwest; the fire was started by teenaged pieces of shit throwing fireworks into a canyon after a record-breaking dry summer, meaning the wildfire is as needless as it is heartbreaking. 

Anyway, maybe it's a long shot, but I wonder if the fireworks and/or the fire put them in mind of Ember, or if it's just an untimely coincidence. In any case, it's still a hilariously trashy name and I'm still surprised these insufferable hipsters picked it. 

Isn't that like naming your baby after a hurricane or earthquake or something?  I know people do it but why???

• Love 1

Denim...Ember...Honor...every generation has their fads with names.  I was born in the late 60's, and started 1st grade near San Francisco.  I had a few hippie named kids in my classes in the 70's; like Moon, Star, Sunny, Freedom. In college I met a guy named Moss and his twin sister was named Birch.  

Odd and Jerk are just another generation looking to be "unique" IRT kids names. So instead of 'Mother Earth' being their inspiration, I guess some millenials are inspired by scrolling through Etsy descriptions of wares made by hipster "farmer-trepreneurs".  'This one of a kind artisanal soap is made from the milk and lanolin of a rare goat only found in the Ural Mountains.  Once harvested, the raw milk is transported down the mountains by women wearing traditional home spun denim tunics.  It is then lovingly stirred over glowing embers for 27 hours, until cakes are formed. We honor these traditions by wrapping each soap in repurposed denim. $24.99/bar (+ S/H). Allow 16 to 24 weeks for delivery...each goat only yields 2 bars of soap."

• Love 8

Someone on Instagram commented today on one of Auj's older posts expressing anger that people were sharing her news online, saying she was waiting to hear it from Auj herself. Auj gave the post a like. I'm assuming it was meant as a dig against Amy's spilling of the beans because surely she didn't expect silence after sending photos and comments to Us Weekly. Auj herself has still not posted since the delivery, but she's given a couple of posts likes. 

• Love 1

So now she has liked another post on the same topic. Someone wrote a lengthy comment on TLC's post with the photo saying how awful it was for them to share the picture and not waiting for the Jer and Odd to do it. Umm...where does this person think they got the picture?! It's not like they were hiding in the trees outside her hospital room paparazzi style! And Auj gave this rant against her employer (TLC) a like. 

• Love 3