Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Lorelai and Rory and the People They Love

• Start Topic

I could be wrong but what I've gathered from reading this board and others is that ASP made casting choices based on how much she liked the actor. Now, we get a little OTT with our criticism of ASP because frankly, it's funny--but can't you just picture Amy in an odd hat, calling Wayne Wilcox (the Marty actor yes?) and being the "cool friend" who totally has a tv show and wants you to come on and hang out and make money? What I'm getting at is Amy seemingly has made actor choices not based on what's good for the plot (see the Revival and the SH musical) but because she has her pet folks who she wants to work with. It's sort of cute and nice in a way, but damn, she destroyed Marty's character.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, JayInChicago said:

I could be wrong but what I've gathered from reading this board and others is that ASP made casting choices based on how much she liked the actor. Now, we get a little OTT with our criticism of ASP because frankly, it's funny--but can't you just picture Amy in an odd hat, calling Wayne Wilcox (the Marty actor yes?) and being the "cool friend" who totally has a tv show and wants you to come on and hang out and make money? What I'm getting at is Amy seemingly has made actor choices not based on what's good for the plot (see the Revival and the SH musical) but because she has her pet folks who she wants to work with. It's sort of cute and nice in a way, but damn, she destroyed Marty's character.

I'm a little unsure as to what you're saying.  It sound like you think that the actor was what was the problem with Marty?  I think the actor fit the role well.

22 minutes ago, JayInChicago said:

I could be wrong but what I've gathered from reading this board and others is that ASP made casting choices based on how much she liked the actor.

By necessity casting choices also have to made based on actor availability/willingness to commit to a certain number of episodes.  In fact I remember Amy saying how much they loved working with Wayne Wilcox but as he lived in NY and was often on Broadway he wasn't always available to do the show.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, JayInChicago said:

What I'm getting at is Amy seemingly has made actor choices not based on what's good for the plot (see the Revival and the SH musical) but because she has her pet folks who she wants to work with. It's sort of cute and nice in a way, but damn, she destroyed Marty's character

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

I'm a little unsure as to what you're saying.  It sound like you think that the actor was what was the problem with Marty?  I think the actor fit the role well.

I think I get what JAYINCHICAGO is trying to say. I feel the same way about Dean/Jared P. It was pretty obvious that the character Dean and his storyline was played out by the third season but they kept bringing Jared back to the dumpster fire that Dean became. I would assume it was  because Jared was available and well liked by ASP, because she certainly seemed to care less about the character of Dean. I can see how the same could be said of Marty. The actor was great but the character hit a brick well and wasn't the same after that. It's great to like an actor and want to work with them repeatedly, but bringing them back to a dried out husk of a character just because you can and want to doesn't serve the story.

• Love 9

It's great to like an actor and want to work with them repeatedly, but bringing them back to a dried out husk of a character just because you can and want to doesn't serve the story.

Yes!  I feel like ASP got stuck many times having to shoe-horn a character into a place where their storyline did not fit, just because she was so hell bent on having the ACTOR there.  If I want to watch something to see an actor, I'll watch an interview.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I think I get what JAYINCHICAGO is trying to say. I feel the same way about Dean/Jared P. It was pretty obvious that the character Dean and his storyline was played out by the third season but they kept bringing Jared back to the dumpster fire that Dean became. I would assume it was  because Jared was available and well liked by ASP, because she certainly seemed to care less about the character of Dean. I can see how the same could be said of Marty. The actor was great but the character hit a brick well and wasn't the same after that. It's great to like an actor and want to work with them repeatedly, but bringing them back to a dried out husk of a character just because you can and want to doesn't serve the story.

OK, thanks.  I thought he was saying Marty was miscast.  There were probably other things they could have done with Dean than to marry him off to someone he didn't love and have him cheat on her, and then have an awkward relationship with Rory.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Katy M said:

OK, thanks.  I thought he was saying Marty was miscast.  There were probably other things they could have done with Dean than to marry him off to someone he didn't love and have him cheat on her, and then have an awkward relationship with Rory.

Oh definitely! Like have the third season break up between Dean and Rory be permanent, have Dean be totally over Rory but still be friendly , and have him exit the show after graduation to attend college. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Oh definitely! Like have the third season break up between Dean and Rory be permanent, have Dean be totally over Rory but still be friendly , and have him exit the show after graduation to attend college. 

That's what I thought they were doing at the end of season three. Dean was getting married and going to college, Rory was going to a different college and they had that nice scene where Rory shows him the catalog and tells him to pick out what ever he wants for a wedding gift. It seemed like a perfect way for Dean to exit the show. Then came season four and Dean was back. Why? It was weird enough to keep him around after he and Rory broke up.    

• Love 6

There were some promising themes and potential dramatic situations that the show left unexplored in that whole Rory/Marty/Logan triangle.

As in, maybe Rory was unconsciously trying to replicate Lorelai's own relationship triangle, with Logan -- the rich bad boy -- being Rory's Christopher, and Marty -- the working class, attractive male friend -- being her Luke.

Some interesting Rory/Lorelai parallel story lines might have been portrayed : why does Luke hang in there as a platonic friend, and why does Marty bail? Is Lorelai faithful to Luke in her own way, while Rory betrays Marty?

In addition, is Rory, in choosing the wealthy Logan over the working class Marty, also choosing the life of her wealthy grandparents over Lorelai's own working class/middle class world?

Granted, some of these themes were touched upon, but only glancingly.

• Love 12

H!  , the "dumpster fire that Dean became" so true. Really. I wish they could have left him behind. I wish he could have married Lindsay and been happy. I knew when his wedding episode came on and jareds name was there that they were reopening the door for Rory and dean, even before Deans drunken ramblings at Luke's during his bachelor party about Rory. And then we end that episode with Rory forlornly looking at the wedding. Ugh. 

• Love 5
Just now, WhosThatGirl said:

H!  , the "dumpster fire that Dean became" so true. Really. I wish they could have left him behind. I wish he could have married Lindsay and been happy. I knew when his wedding episode came on and jareds name was there that they were reopening the door for Rory and dean, even before Deans drunken ramblings at Luke's during his bachelor party about Rory. And then we end that episode with Rory forlornly looking at the wedding. Ugh. 

If they hadn't had the drunken ramblings, I thought her looking on as her ex-boyfriend gets married would have been fitting.  But all the rest of it was ridiculousness.

I wasn't a fan of the Dean getting married fresh out of high school angle but it should've ended with that. Lindsay and him happy, healthy, and in love, and have them heading to college or some type of greener pastures. Dean and Rory should've had the closure they got in the revival back then. Just a nice, friendly somewhat nostalgic for the simpler times chat with neither side feeling any regret or longing. That was more fitting then the dragged out crap show we got.

• Love 9

Some interesting Rory/Lorelai parallel story lines might have been portrayed : why does Luke hang in there as a platonic friend, and why does Marty bail? Is Lorelai faithful to Luke in her own way, while Rory betrays Marty?

All of this sounds SO MUCH MORE interesting than what actually happened.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Eeksquire said:

All of this sounds SO MUCH MORE interesting than what actually happened.

I don't know why this statement had me laughing to the point of snorting, but it did.  Such truth, there.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I wasn't a fan of the Dean getting married fresh out of high school angle but it should've ended with that. Lindsay and him happy, healthy, and in love, and have them heading to college or some type of greener pastures. Dean and Rory should've had the closure they got in the revival back then. Just a nice, friendly somewhat nostalgic for the simpler times chat with neither side feeling any regret or longing. That was more fitting then the dragged out crap show we got.

I agree, and it was stated by AS-P that she did that Jared and other actors when they were free. I remember Jared saying in an interview just after Supernatural was a success saying she thanked Amy for work even when he knew his character didn't need to be there. Once the revival was announced Jared came clean that he hated his last appearance of Dean saying: "I needed work and after I finished taping, got the call for Supernatural." AS-P had such: "I need MY people" to be on my show even when there was no point to them in an episode. Marty's last appearance was because the season 7 showrunners felt the character didn't get any closure, but was badly handled it was better to just let the character fade. Him showing up in The Revival similar to Dean would have made more sense. That he found success, people work for him now and moved on in his life.  I have no problem with actors who get work due to friendships with producers, directors, ect. Because true to life, who you know can help get your foot in the door. However, when you "Have to cast them" because you can, you are asking for trouble. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, readster said:

Marty's last appearance was because the season 7 showrunners felt the character didn't get any closure, but was badly handled it was better to just let the character fade. Him showing up in The Revival similar to Dean would have made more sense.

Or, even if Marty had just been dating Lucy and been happy and hadn't had that whole ridiculousness with trying to pretend he had never met Rory.  Or, if they had to do that, have it go somewhere for Rory. Like, for once in her life, have her stand up for the right and honest thing and have her tell Marty that he had to tell Lucy the truth.  So what if he had a crush on her two years ago?  It's not that big of a deal.  I think Rory having a conversation like that would have been character building.  Too often, she seemed to just go with the flow, even when she may have known better.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Too often, she seemed to just go with the flow, do the doe-eyed innocent look when it blows up, and ever paint herself the victim even when she may have known better.

Fixed it for you. ;)

6 minutes ago, deaja said:
18 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Too often, she seemed to just go with the flow, do the doe-eyed innocent look when it blows up, and ever paint herself the victim even when she may have known better.

Fixed it for you. ;)

Well, that, too. But, it starts with just going along and not speaking up.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Katy M said:

Or, even if Marty had just been dating Lucy and been happy and hadn't had that whole ridiculousness with trying to pretend he had never met Rory.  Or, if they had to do that, have it go somewhere for Rory. Like, for once in her life, have her stand up for the right and honest thing and have her tell Marty that he had to tell Lucy the truth.  So what if he had a crush on her two years ago?  It's not that big of a deal.  I think Rory having a conversation like that would have been character building.  Too often, she seemed to just go with the flow, even when she may have known better.

Again, the writers blew an opportunity for some interesting drama with that situation.

If, instead of having Marty deny knowing Rory, they had him only downplay their relationship, that would have put Rory in an awkward, character-revealing position. If Marty had just said, "I remember Rory, I think we were in the same dorm freshman year", how could Rory respond? "Actually, we were close friends until I dumped him in favor of the people that had bullied and humiliated him"?

Does Rory tell the truth, or does she implicate herself? Or even better, does she confront her past actions, to either rationalize them, or to apologize for them?

Now that would have been interesting drama. 

• Love 9

I love the Life and death brigade. Some groups go bowling, they put on creative conventions with a little bit of daring.  Logan and his friends are all characters who created fun just by being there. Nothing wrong with making life an adventure. They weren't still base jumping in the revival - they had merry in Stars Hollow, went dancing, stayed at an Inn for the night and had breakfast at a diner. 

And they all had their own real problems. Finn had a cross dressing father and was in therapy, Colin never saw his family and Logan was raised as an heir instead of allowed to form his own likes and interest. He had a lot of pressure and a timetable. He was on a path that if you read Elias's and Mitchum's Bio you would know Logan's future as if you could read tea leaves. He has always been trapped in a cycle that has been around for generations. 

Rory was attracted to the adventure and fun Logan afforded her.  In the Os Logan was her cushion to take risks. He supported, encouraged and didn't judge her. He had all that in his family life and made sure that was not a part of his and Rory's relationship. Logan letting Rory have the agency to make her own choices (It's your choice ace) made Rory have to start actually thinking for herself.  Of course, Rory wasn't always up to making the right choices but she and Logan were like a (verbal) live action pro con list with Rory always deciding the way to go. 

In the beginning of season 6, Rory hid in the Pool house but in s5 no hiding. Rory took risks and put herself out there. After she left the Pool house and eventually moved into Logan's place she had a little domesticity but she had a full class load and worked hard at the paper. 

I think Rory's problem after she dropped out of Yale is that she did no self-reflection. She dropped out because of one guy's opinion and went back because of another guy's opinion. She tried to blame Logan for the way she was since dropping out (which he refused to take the blame and made sure she owned her own choices) and of course on Mitchum. Though really she made her own choices and probably would have been happier in life if she would have actually asked herself questions. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 6

I have a love/hate relationship with the LDB.  I thought their big bashes looked like a ton of fun, but I would have liked them more if it seemed like they ever just came back down to earth with us common folk, you know?

• Love 4

Logan and his friends are all characters who created fun just by being there. 

Logan and his friends are all characters who created fun by having pots of money to do so and allowed them to act superior to the those less entitled.  Plus their money bought them out off any consequences that came from hurting people or property (reference the number of times the family attorneys bought then out of trouble).  Rich, entitled brats.

• Love 7

See, I didn't mind Logan. I wasn't sure about him at the beginning but when he matured, I thought he was a good boyfriend to Rory. But I really didn't like the LDB. I just thought it was all rich boys spending money on doing pointless stuff and causing trouble. The only bit I did like of the LDB was surprisingly in the revival.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

I have a love/hate relationship with the LDB.  I thought their big bashes looked like a ton of fun, but I would have liked them more if it seemed like they ever just came back down to earth with us common folk, you know?

This is how I feel. I didn't mind them but I thought these people still doing the LDB thing in the revival was not cute or funny anymore. 

• Love 4

I don't think they acted superior. Colin was an ass to Marty but that's about it. And yes they had money to have fun but it is their personalities that shine and make them a blast to watch imo. They are a bit spoiled but they aren't the ones who acted like a brat to other people.   

And the Revival was just long time friends hanging out with a nod to Across the universe. A bit a cosplay, watching Kirks movie, dancing at a tango club, a night at an inn and breakfast at a diner. 

• Love 4

I have to agree about the Marty situation as well. Everyone says Logan and his friends were rude and disrespectful to him but it was really just Colin. And every time Colin was rude to him, Logan always made a show of telling him to back off.

• Love 5

Marty's insecurity, and resentment of the rich kids really came out at times. I can relate at times (I follow a few actresses on instagram, and they seem to vacation in beautiful places, at least four times a year, maybe more). 

I don't think they acted superior. 

On the floor bowing to Rory as she left the police station?  Walking into the Gilmore house and emptying random closets with no one home?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Logan and his friends are all characters who created fun by having pots of money to do so and allowed them to act superior to the those less entitled.  Plus their money bought them out off any consequences that came from hurting people or property (reference the number of times the family attorneys bought then out of trouble).  Rich, entitled brats.

This yes! They were rich entitled brats who did what ever they wanted because they knew money would buy them out of any consequences.  

16 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

On the floor bowing to Rory as she left the police station?  Walking into the Gilmore house and emptying random closets with no one home?

Taking random things from people's houses.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

How is bowing to her acting superior? And the second was completely Rory's fault; they were doing what she requested.

I viewed the bowing as mocking authority and Lorelai.  As soon as Lorelain noticed they sat there snickering.  

And you don't just march into someone's home no matter who asks you to.  You at least knock and explain your assignment.  And then they blew off Richard with their smart ass comments.

• Love 2

I thought the bowing was the Wayne's World "We're not worthy!" bow.

Rory could have told the maid that Finn and Colin were coming by to pick up stuff. And arranging it for a time the grandparents weren't supposed to be home.

Edited by chitowngirl

Hi to all of you who still love talking about GG as much as I do! I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but I wanted to know what people's favorite and not favorite seasons are? My order is 2, 4, 1, 3, 7, 5, 6, AYITL.  2 is almost perfect, 4 is a little slower in places but the kind of season that gets better and better with rewatches and I love the buildup to Lorelai and Sookie finally opening their own inn, 1 is so sweet and charming but I hate Max and Lorelai is too cutesy and childlike this season, 3 had some of the best episodes and scenes but is dragged down by the school politics stuff, Luke and Nicole's relationship, the love triangle, Dean and Jess continuing to have testosterone-fueled showdowns even when that love triangle was supposedly resolved, Lorelai returning to Max for about 12 minutes, and more. Season 7 is like a different show but a more likable, less irritating one than what GG was through a lot of season 5 and 6 to me,. Obviously the Marty thing and a lot of how the Christopher storyline was executed was just terrible. I'll stop now because this might not even be the place where I'm supposed to ask this question! 

1 hour ago, stillsearching74 said:

Hi to all of you who still love talking about GG as much as I do! I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but I wanted to know what people's favorite and not favorite seasons are? My order is 2, 4, 1, 3, 7, 5, 6, AYITL.  2 is almost perfect, 4 is a little slower in places but the kind of season that gets better and better with rewatches and I love the buildup to Lorelai and Sookie finally opening their own inn, 1 is so sweet and charming but I hate Max and Lorelai is too cutesy and childlike this season, 3 had some of the best episodes and scenes but is dragged down by the school politics stuff, Luke and Nicole's relationship, the love triangle, Dean and Jess continuing to have testosterone-fueled showdowns even when that love triangle was supposedly resolved, Lorelai returning to Max for about 12 minutes, and more. Season 7 is like a different show but a more likable, less irritating one than what GG was through a lot of season 5 and 6 to me,. Obviously the Marty thing and a lot of how the Christopher storyline was executed was just terrible. I'll stop now because this might not even be the place where I'm supposed to ask this question! 

I like seasons 1 and 2 fairly equally, then 3 is pretty good.  4 is alright.  And although there are some scenes and epis I like from beyond, I'm generally not a fan after that.

• Love 1

I liked the first couple of seasons. Once Rory got to college, not so much for me. We've discussed it at length but the constant pull of the show always bringing Dean in and causing Rory to founder back towards her high school boyfriend just because the powers that be liked JP is ridiculous.

I don't really mind Logan in the beginning. Yes he was a jerk but that was the point I think? At the end of the series I did like Logan a lot, the revival squashed that though fairly quickly.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I liked the first couple of seasons. Once Rory got to college, not so much for me. We've discussed it at length but the constant pull of the show always bringing Dean in and causing Rory to founder back towards her high school boyfriend just because the powers that be liked JP is ridiculous

It will never be OK that she slept with a married man.  But, actually, I didn't find that pull back to be ridiculous.  Rory was a superstar in high school and practically treated as a goddess in SH.  She was floundering in college.  She wanted to go back to her successes. So, from that standpoint, it at least made sense to me.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

It will never be OK that she slept with a married man.  But, actually, I didn't find that pull back to be ridiculous.  Rory was a superstar in high school and practically treated as a goddess in SH.  She was floundering in college.  She wanted to go back to her successes. So, from that standpoint, it at least made sense to me.

That makes sense. She wanted to recapture what she had before and didn't get at Yale. The whole big fish in a small pond. At Yale she was just another student. No one was impressed by her and no boys were chasing her. She tried to keep up the same schedule as her grandfather but able too. Instead of getting praise from a professor that she thought she was getting she got the opposite and even on the newspaper it took her a few tries to before Doyle was pleased with her work. She was used to the praise from her teachers and the people all around her for everything she did. Its not surprising she went back to Dean. She didn't really want him or still love him.    

1 hour ago, Taryn74 said:

I just keep thinking of that statement - "Maybe I peaked in high school!"

Maybe, indeed.

Ha! That's really kind of true of Rory. Especially after the Revival!  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Katy M said:

But, actually, I didn't find that pull back to be ridiculous.  Rory was a superstar in high school and practically treated as a goddess in SH.   She wanted to go back to her successes. 

That's a great observation.

• Love 1

Just watched the episode where Dean gives Rory the car he built for her. Why doesn't Dean turn that into a career? Any teenage boy who can build a CAR should easily be able to turn that into a career. That takes serious skills. Building cars, fixing cars, the sky's the limit. He could start his own shop or work for someone to learn more skills. Or even get a job working for Ford, Chevy or really any of those companies. 

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Just watched the episode where Dean gives Rory the car he built for her. Why doesn't Dean turn that into a career? Any teenage boy who can build a CAR should easily be able to turn that into a career. That takes serious skills. Building cars, fixing cars, the sky's the limit. He could start his own shop or work for someone to learn more skills. Or even get a job working for Ford, Chevy or really any of those companies. 

What an excellent question.  There could have been some rich material there - how would E/R react to Rory seeing a guy with real "blue collar" aspirations?  Heck, how would Lorelai react to that?  (Since as far as I can remember, before he got married Dean acted like he would probably go to at least a state university, which is different than knowing he wants to do mechanic work and planning toward that.)

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

how would E/R react to Rory seeing a guy with real "blue collar" aspirations?

I think we can know how Richard would react based on that Friday Night Dinner that Dean went to when he was castigated just for not knowing what he wanted to do with his life and, gasp, getting a mix of As Bs and Cs on his report card.  And I think Emily felt the same way.  Honestly, I think the party that they had to find Rory a suitable mate when she got back together with Dean, was more due to Dean's social status, then the fact that he cheated on his wife and got a divorce.  That's acceptable in upper classes.  For the man, of course, not th ewoman.

Lorelai is a more interesting question.  She likes to pretend that she's not a snob, but she kind of is.  She would let Rory make her own decisions, but inwardly she wouldn't approve of anyone who was too upper class, or who was too blue collar, IMO.  She'd want a mostly self-made professional like herself for her daughter.  that's just the feeling I get.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

To be fair, he could very well have become a mechanic. It is an easy fanwank to say that's exactly what he is doing by the time of the revival, living in Scranton and growing a big family with his wife because of their comfortable financial situation due to Dean becoming an ace mechanic. 

Maybe he even went back to college and became a auto engineer and is making serious bank. 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

To be fair, he could very well have become a mechanic. It is an easy fanwank to say that's exactly what he is doing by the time of the revival, living in Scranton and growing a big family with his wife because of their comfortable financial situation due to Dean becoming an ace mechanic. 

Maybe he even went back to college and became a auto engineer and is making serious bank. 

That's true. Maybe that he did.

• Love 2
On 8/7/2017 at 9:12 PM, andromeda331 said:

That's true. Maybe that he did.come

How very true. Could have had it after his blow up with Luke went home and looked in the mirror and said: "It's my own damn fault for this." "I got married too young to a girl who had no ambitions." "I don't have any debt and I still live at home." "I'm good at building and repairing, I'm going to go online right now." Given the time and everything, perfect for Dean to become an auto engineer or even parts designer for a company and even had gotten a scholarship. Met the right girl, got married AFTER graduation and away they went. 

• Love 3

Hee, I wasn't even thinking about that! Just the impact on Loralei's love life and what a Rory 2.0 would be like. If it were Max, she probably wouldn't hooked up with Chris and if it were Jason, she wouldn't have hooked up with Luke. (Maybe later but it would have been another obstacle for them.) Now that you mention it, I don't think Jason as a father would be so bad especially if he or she stayed with Loralei most of the time and Jason on various weekends and holidays. Jason knew what it was like to have a cold father so he probably would have tried not to be like that. I think it would be entertaining to see him try. Plus that might have been something that would make him drop his lawsuit. I would also have liked to see Loralei raise a kid if she became a mother as an adult and when she was more financially established. I'd love to see a Rory 2.0 who wasn't so influenced by her grandparents. I always thought it made Rory into a brat. Sorry, too much off topic.

Moved from the Would You Rather Trhead.

Jason may have known what  a good father wasn't, but that doesn't mean he could/would be a good father.  I just can't picture it.  I mean he had that whole weird dog thing, and so I just can't see him with an actual, normal child.

• Love 1

I've always assumed that after he and Rory broke up for real, Dean realized how much he screwed his life up, and decided to really grow up and figure things out. He went to a state or technical college, became a successful mechanic or even an engineer, married a woman he met in or after college, and is living a happy life with his family. That's what I hope anyway. He seemed smart enough, he just lacked ambition.

I always had mixed feelings about Logan's friends and the Life and Death brigade. Some of their events looked fun, I can appreciate their creativity and vest for life, and while they could be spoiled assholes, they weren't really malicious, and didn't try to hurt anyone. They just never seemed to think about the consequences of their actions, and often came off as super self centered, and only existed in their own little rich people bubble. I think I would have liked them better if we knew them a bit more beyond being drunken comic relief. If we had to spend so much time with them, it would have been nice to have them have a few moments of being relatable or human. I can enjoy or even sympathize with characters who are spoiled or self centered if I can understand them at least.

• Love 4

The LDB was fun sometimes but then they did things that were ridiculous, like the stint that for Logan put in the hospital and it's a time where I agree with Mitchum about how when Logan got hurt Mitchum said something to Logan's sister that he knew when to stop playing those games.. which.. sorry but point. It's kind of why I hate them in the revival, they're in their 30s now.. it wasn't cute or fun to watch. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

The LDB was fun sometimes but then they did things that were ridiculous, like the stint that for Logan put in the hospital and it's a time where I agree with Mitchum about how when Logan got hurt Mitchum said something to Logan's sister that he knew when to stop playing those games.. which.. sorry but point. It's kind of why I hate them in the revival, they're in their 30s now.. it wasn't cute or fun to watch. 

To be fair though, in the revival they did it to cheer Rory up.

• Love 5
On 11/08/2017 at 10:31 AM, elang4 said:

To be fair though, in the revival they did it to cheer Rory up.

Agreed, I never got the impression that they were still having regular meetings, it came across as a one-off reunion that was geared more towards being a nostalgic memory of their college years, and that was exactly what Rory needed at the time 

• Love 6