Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Lorelai and Rory and the People They Love

• Start Topic

On 3/27/2017 at 11:23 PM, hippielamb said:

I like that scene, probably because the attitude Rory was getting from Tristan and Paris up to that point always annoys me. I have a soft spot for Rory standing up for herself and not being the docile little angel. Part of the reason I liked Rory and Tristan scenes later on was he brought out a more snarky side to Rory.

I see your point though. If you are taking a hard exam, the last thing you need is some classmate pitching a fit. 

I liked that scene, too. "What's up, Quippy?! Why so silent?!" always makes me laugh. Paris was making those nasty comments, just as she'd done the day Rory received a D.

Re: Lane being up so early. Maybe Mrs Kim made sure she was up early. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Anela said:

I liked that scene, too. "What's up, Quippy?! Why so silent?!" always makes me laugh. Paris was making those nasty comments, just as she'd done the day Rory received a D.

Good point about Mrs Kim. 

I love snarky Rory, probably because she is usually so poised. 

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:14 PM, Anela said:

That and her yelling at Tristian "ITS RORY!" were awesome.

• Love 6

I was thinking of an SAT question today:

"April is to Gilmore Girls as Denny is to Grey's Anatomy".

I'm an auntie, not a mom, so -- all you moms out there: Was Anna right to go ballistic over Lorelai's party assistance, or was it just another dumbass awkward irritating obstruction for L&L?

Anna was a LOON in that scene.  As a parent, I would have been FAR more uncomfortable with my young teen daughter spending the night with a friend and the only adult there was a male whom the friend had only known for a little while, bio father or not.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, voiceover said:

I'm an auntie, not a mom, so -- all you moms out there: Was Anna right to go ballistic over Lorelai's party assistance, or was it just another dumbass awkward irritating obstruction for L&L?

I'm also just an auntie, but I think Anna was jealous.  I'm not thinking she wanted to get together with Luke.  But, I think she may have been jealous of another female influence in her daughter's life.  Like, what if she likes her better than me?

• Love 7

Was Anna right to go ballistic over Lorelai's party assistance, or was it just another dumbass awkward irritating obstruction for L&L?

Dumbass and awkward.  As Taryn74 said, the real issue for the parents of the other girls would have been the single male chaperone.  These days that would be a huge red flag.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That and her yelling at Tristian "ITS RORY!" were awesome.

haha, I loved that, too. :) 

26 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I'm also just an auntie, but I think Anna was jealous.  I'm not thinking she wanted to get together with Luke.  But, I think she may have been jealous of another female influence in her daughter's life.  Like, what if she likes her better than me?

That's what I thought, too, just like Lorelai when Rory enjoyed spending time with her grandfather (golfing), or when Chris invited Rory to spend a few days with him and Sherry at their place, around the holidays. 

• Love 1

I'll sit on the "Anna was crazy" train. First, as a parent, I would have much preferred the female chaperone. Second, of the parents hadn't asked who was chaperoning, why would Anna need to call them all to explain why Lorelai was there. Third, part of me thinks Luke's party was a little too successful, and she felt threatened.

2 hours ago, voiceover said:

Anna maybe did overreact, but I think it was reasonable to be upset that Luke let a woman who was a complete stranger to her to stay upstairs with April and her friends.  We know Lorelai is a mom and overall responsible person but Anna didn't.  Girls that age are impressionable and you don't want to get  a phone call from another girl's mother about information that was inappropriately shared when she was at a sleep over with your daughter.  Also in my mind the fact that Luke, even though a man, is April's father and who is known to some of the other kids and parents gives him more credibility and familiarity than another adult who isn't even a parent of someone you know.

It's hard for me to judge on that issue. I am a mom, but I've never dealt with an ex, so I'm not sure how I'd feel if he got his current girl involved before I was comfortable. I can understand some feelings of jealousy and concern, for sure. I think that might be pretty normal, but her reaction was not. I felt it was quite over the top. I tend to think Anna LOVED being in charge and the sole center of her daughter's world. I don't think she was overly thrilled about Luke entering the picture, even if it was good for her daughter. I always got the impression that Anna was just WAITING for Luke to screw up so she could pull April away from him. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

It's hard for me to judge on that issue. I am a mom, but I've never dealt with an ex, so I'm not sure how I'd feel if he got his current girl involved before I was comfortable. I can understand some feelings of jealousy and concern, for sure. I think that might be pretty normal, but her reaction was not. I felt it was quite over the top. I tend to think Anna LOVED being in charge and the sole center of her daughter's world. I don't think she was overly thrilled about Luke entering the picture, even if it was good for her daughter. I always got the impression that Anna was just WAITING for Luke to screw up so she could pull April away from him. 

So do I. I really think she was expecting the birthday party to fail. Luke would screw up and she'd have an excuse to do just that. April would be crushed, embarrassed or angry or whatever at her dad throwing her a crappy party that she wouldn't what Luke around anymore. Why else wouldn't she stay and see how the party went and see if Luke needed help with the party? He was new to being a dad, new to throw birthday parties, and she left him with a room full of girls. She was waiting for it to fail. Instead,  April had a great time.  A normal response would be happy that your kid had a great birthday and was happy. The girls had makeovers, watched a movie, and had a slumber party, April and her friends were the focus of the party the whole time and had a great time. There was no reason for Anna to be upset. Yes, a normal parent might be surprised to hear his girlfriend was there and maybe ask to let her know next time if that was going to happen. Instead, Anna went off on Luke.  She tore into him like Luke took the girls to a strip club or had sex with Lorelai in front of the girls.  That reaction was over the top.  She lost her chance to get Luke out of April's life and wouldn't get the chance again until her mother was sick and even then with how much closer April was with her dad, Anna didn't care and had no problem moving April clear across the country and refusing to give Luke visitation.  

• Love 6

Yeah, Anna was a stone bitch about the whole thing. She never wanted Luke around, April precipitated the relationship and grew comfortable with it.  Anna wanted Luke to tank so it would all unravel.

I tend to think Anna LOVED being in charge and the sole center of her daughter's world.

As did Lorelai.  I'm trying to picture in my mind how it would have been if Christopher was the party thrower and Sherry was the fiancee. Would Lorelai flip out?  Of course Rory was older when Christopher decided to drop back into her life.  Thoughts?

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Yeah, Anna was a stone bitch about the whole thing. She never wanted Luke around, April precipitated the relationship and grew comfortable with it.  Anna wanted Luke to tank so it would all unravel.

As did Lorelai.  I'm trying to picture in my mind how it would have been if Christopher was the party thrower and Sherry was the fiancee. Would Lorelai flip out?  Of course Rory was older when Christopher decided to drop back into her life.  Thoughts?

You have a point. Lorelai definitely wouldn't have liked it. She hated Rory even going shopping with Sherry.

14 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm trying to picture in my mind how it would have been if Christopher was the party thrower and Sherry was the fiancee. Would Lorelai flip out?  

I feel like she would initially, out of jealousy more than anything, BUT she would pull herself together before just going off on Chris the way Anna did to Luke.  More of an internal flipping out and maybe venting to Rory (like at the baby shower).

It's hard to compare them though, since Lorelai and Chris had remained friends the entire time AND Lorelai almost always held a torch for him.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

I feel like she would initially, out of jealousy more than anything, BUT she would pull herself together before just going off on Chris the way Anna did to Luke.  More of an internal flipping out and maybe venting to Rory (like at the baby shower).

It's hard to compare them though, since Lorelai and Chris had remained friends the entire time AND Lorelai almost always held a torch for him.

I agree with you too. Lorelai definitely wouldn't have liked it but she wouldn't have flipped out like Anna. Even when Lorelai and Chris were in an argument, she never stopped Rory from talking to him. Ever. And I really respected her for that.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

Yes, a normal parent might be surprised to hear his girlfriend was there and maybe ask to let her know next time if that was going to happen. 

Anna wasn't upset that Lorelai was there but that Luke allowed someone she didn't know to stay upstairs with April and her friends while he slept downstairs. 

ANNA: How am I supposed to explain that to the other girls' parents? How am I supposed to tell them that I left their kids all alone with a woman I've never even met? Who does that!

The situation itself was contrived--after the movie Lorelai didn't really need to stay for the sleepover anyway. Thirteen-year-olds need someone nearby who checks on them but not constant supervision.

• Love 2

My two cents from the Auntie club... I also think she over reacted. I agree that I think it came from a place of jealousy and insecurity. April came home raving about how great the party was and how awesome Lorelai is and Anna, wanting to be the only "cool mom", just FREAKED OUT. April even said to Lorelai that she reminded her of her own mom and that they'd like each other.
All in all though, I believe the situation was very contrived. They all called their parents to find out if it would be OK to sleep over and I'm pretty sure the parents asked who was there. If they were OK with Luke, who was in the building, why would they have a problem with Lorelai who was there with them all day? And when April called her mom to tell her, wouldn't she then also tell her about Lorelai? It just doesn't add up to me. Ugh, just talking about this is getting me all upset again.. I truly despised the Anna-is-a-total-bitch storyline that added to the Luke-and-Lorelai-don't-get-married drama.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I think she would have had a flip out a la "Kill Me Now" and when Chris wanted Rory to visit on spring break, but after her flip out, she would realize she was wrong like she did in both those cases.

4 hours ago, deaja said:

I think she would have had a flip out a la "Kill Me Now" and when Chris wanted Rory to visit on spring break, but after her flip out, she would realize she was wrong like she did in both those cases.

It was Christmas break but yes she did flip out. Then realized how stupid she sounded. I love how Rory teases her to help see how foolish she was being "Mommy Sherry" and asking if Lorelai wanted to become Jewish and take over all the Jewish holidays. I liked later Lorelai encourages Rory to go to Sherry's baby shower and to be there when Gigi was there. 

12 hours ago, elang4 said:

I agree with you too. Lorelai definitely wouldn't have liked it but she wouldn't have flipped out like Anna. Even when Lorelai and Chris were in an argument, she never stopped Rory from talking to him. Ever. And I really respected her for that.

So did I. I loved that Lorelai never did that.

• Love 4

All the drama from the party would have been avoided if Luke would have been honest with Anna about being engaged to Lorelai...

How was that Anna's business?  Should Anna be expected to fill Luke in on her love life?

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, FictionLover said:

All the drama from the party would have been avoided if Luke would have been honest with Anna about being engaged to Lorelai...

I agree that it was a direct result of Luke keeping his life with April separate from Lorelai.  No, he wasn't obligated to fill Anna in on his love life but being engaged, or living with someone, implies a higher level of importance in someone's life.   It made sense for Luke to ask Lorelai for help when the party tanked, but he forgot that he hadn't officially introduced Lorelai to April or Anna, something that he should have taken into consideration when he involved her in a party that he offered to throw.  I think this is what Luke meant when he told Lorelai "I didn't think it through."  Which by the way was similar to when Chris invited Rory to spend a few days with him and Sherry before Lorelai and Sherry had been introduced.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

How was that Anna's business?  Should Anna be expected to fill Luke in on her love life?

Being engaged is much more than a love life. That said, I'm not excusing Anna's ballistic behavior, expecially in his place of business. Had Luke handled the whole April situation better, the party wouldn't have been an issue and Lorelai wouldn't have been just "some woman".

All the drama could have been avoided if Anna had done the decent thing and told Luke about April in the first place.  Like, for instance, when she knew she was pregnant with his child.  I got no sympathy for her.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Sweet Tee said:

All the drama could have been avoided if Anna had done the decent thing and told Luke about April in the first place.  Like, for instance, when she knew she was pregnant with his child.  I got no sympathy for her.

Truth.

• Love 1

As a parent, I'd be much more freaked out if my daughter went to a sleepover with a male chaperone. I don't recall whether those girls parents had even met Luke before. Apparently the parents were fine with them sleeping over at his place. That boggles the mind right there. 

I do see why Anna was upset but she took it to nuclear levels. Instead of 'hey, don't have your girlfriend who I never met hang out with my kid unsupervised', she went psycho and it made her seem like a villain. Then it's easy to dismiss her concerns. It seemed she was raising April in the same way Lorelai raised Rory as far as keeping family life separate from her dating life. I don't disagree with her not wanting Lorelai to hang out with April, but she went about it all wrong. 

21 hours ago, deaja said:

I always thought her freakout was more Sherry related. Suddenly Chris is sending xmas cards and wants to send the holiday break with Rory. It's not hard to see Sherry pushing for this. Especially with how pushy she came off when Lorelai first met her. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, FictionLover said:

Except I think that Lorelai told Anna that they were engaged, and she said that it still wasn't enough: they weren't married. Then Luke freaked out on her for going to see Anna at all (he handled it all wrong, as well - the whole thing). 

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Anela said:

Except I think that Lorelai told Anna that they were engaged, and she said that it still wasn't enough: they weren't married. Then Luke freaked out on her for going to see Anna at all (he handled it all wrong, as well - the whole thing). 

Exactly. It wouldn't have mattered. When Lorelai tried to explain how serious the relationship was, it didn't matter to Anna. Apparently unless they were actually married, Lorelai should have no relationship with April. Did Anna hold herself to the same high standards? Maybe. But I think it was more about Anna feeling threatened, than really wanting to protect April. Lorelai was a single mom herself, and she'd always kept HER dating life pretty private from Rory. Anna could have used this an opportunity to get to know Lorelai better and find common ground. But, again, I think she was subconsciously (or maybe consciously) doing anything and everything to sabotage April's relationship with her father. Remember, Anna chose never to tell Luke about his daughter. She clearly didn't want him around. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Anela said:

Well, being told by your child's father that he's engaged and then being introduced to his fiancee vs. having said fiancee show up at your place of business and selling you on her and their relationship are two very different things.  I've always felt Lorelai was way out of line in going directly to Anna--she should have gone to Luke and asked him to introduce them.  And even though Luke did handle it badly, I think it's more because of his reserved personality that doesn't always understand social niceties and that ultimately he was just trying to do the right thing for everyone.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

But I think it was more about Anna feeling threatened, than really wanting to protect April

True.  

And while I don't think any of the adults were blameless (Luke should have introduced Lorelai, Lorelai shouldn't have gone to the place of business, and Anna shouldn't have been a horrible human being), if Anna had wanted to meet Lorelai, knowing Luke wasn't the smoothest at social stuff and had been blindsided by the fact that he had a daughter, she should have said something along the lines of "I really think I need to get to know anyone who will be spending time with April, so I would like to set up a time to meet anyone who plays a significant role in your life."

2 hours ago, shron17 said:

Well, being told by your child's father that he's engaged and then being introduced to his fiancee vs. having said fiancee show up at your place of business and selling you on her and their relationship are two very different things.  I've always felt Lorelai was way out of line in going directly to Anna--she should have gone to Luke and asked him to introduce them.  And even though Luke did handle it badly, I think it's more because of his reserved personality that doesn't always understand social niceties and that ultimately he was just trying to do the right thing for everyone.

Luke should have defended Lorelai, introduced her, and presented a united front. His actions weren't those of a committed partner. Not really.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Anela said:

Luke should have defended Lorelai, introduced her, and presented a united front. His actions weren't those of a committed partner. Not really.

This true. While I still don't like how Anna reacted (to....basically anything), Luke could have given her a vibe that his relationship wasn't a big deal by the way he kept the two things so separate. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Anela said:

I agree Luke should have done that on his own.  But that doesn't justify Lorelai going to Anna instead of Luke.  As a single parent I would have expected her to understand that.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think Luke got in all the words he could get in edgewise to Anna's blow up. Luke would try to say something in his defense but Anna yelled over him and then stormed out of his apartment/diner. When Luke came to Lorelai's house very unhappy about the blow up, Lorelai should have tried communicating with him on a strategy to deal with this instead of cooking up her own plan to see Anna on her own and then when Anna stuck to her hardline bitchy rules, punish Luke by ghosting him. 

Edited by Melancholy
  • Love 5

I would give Anna the benefit of the doubt about the freak out at Luke about Lorelai helping at the party, except it was symptomatic of Anna being a huge asshole throughout her entire time on the show. This is the woman who apparently thought that "my ex doesn't really feel comfortable around kids" should translate to "I should never tell the father of my child that he has a daughter, even though we live in the same small town and is a perfectly decent guy", and would go on to get personally offended every time he really tried to make an effort to get to know his own child, and than ended her time on the show taking April across the country without even considering talking to Luke about it, and trying to get full custody out of seemingly pure spite even though April herself clearly wanted to have a relationship with her dad even if she couldn't see him much. And constantly treated Luke like some kind of dead beat dad who shouldn't have any say in his daughters like because "she's MY kid" even though it was her OWN DAMN FAULT that Luke wasn't around to help raise April. So, really, Anna losing it on Luke about something really trivial is just part of a larger pattern of asshole behavior.

That being said, the whole situation would have probably gone 100% times better if Luke had behaved like a normal person and told Lorelai what was going on from the beginning, and just introduced everyone from the start, but that's a whole other issue.

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

This is the woman who apparently thought that "my ex doesn't really feel comfortable around kids" should translate to "I should never tell the father of my child that he has a daughter, even though we live in the same small town and is a perfectly decent guy",

Ugh, yes. This grated on me SO much. I know many people who've never really been big "kid people", but are amazing with their own kids. One of my younger sisters swore up and down she was never going to have kids. The idea repulsed her and she thought me nursing my babies was unfair to my husband. Lo and behold, when she met her soul mate and married him a few years later and got pregnant while ON the pill, she turned out to be the most fabulous mother! She is so calm and patient and loving, and it seems to just come naturally to her. She now has 2 little ones and she has nursed them both until at least a year. It's just SO funny how people can change when it's their own kid. 

So for Anna to act like Luke's awkward interactions with other people's kids is some big sign that he should never EVER be a father is beyond ridiculous, to me. Also, Anna never struck me as the kind who was all warm and fuzzy with kids, in general, either. She got a unique, smart, nerdy kid who she loves, but I don't see her welcoming all of April's friends over for graham cracker playdates. Why was she so much more worthy of being a parent????

• Love 10

Anna was the worst, there's no doubt about that. She handled things wrong and had no leg to stand on once Luke found out and wanted to get to know his daughter. She was pissy, rude, judgmental, and assumed that she knew best when really, she just didn't. She was selfish, controlling, and Luke was right in taking her to court in season 7. She was miles beyond redemption at any point, in my opinion.

That being said, Luke shouldn't have handled the April/Lorelai thing like he did. Telling her that she could have no contact with April, even after keeping his own child from her for weeks? I understand that he wanted time to figure things out on his own, and Lorelai certainly butts in to other people's businesses even when she's asked not to. Lorelai also should have been trying to talk to Luke, not giving up and going straight to Anna. But Luke WAS acting like an ass during this whole ordeal. He seemed to take on the mentality that if he doesn't combine the two worlds, they don't exist. If he doesn't have April or Lorelai interact, then he has all the time in the world to deal with his new relationship with April and still be happily engaged to Lorelai. Unfortunately, that backfired when Lorelai wouldn't take it, and she shouldn't have. If Luke had talked to her, kept her informed and in the loop instead of ignoring the issue, then Lorelai might not have gone to Anna and things might not have gone as sour as they did. 

It's on all three of them, but out of all of them, I put the least amount of blame on Lorelai. 

• Love 11

Today they showed Lane's baby shower, I love Lorelai as the go between for Lane and Mrs. Kim and their fight over their differences. I love when Lane tells Lorelai her kids are going to have total freedom only for Lorelai ask well what if her kids end up wanting to study the Bible and go to church? Lane is so sure her kids won't want to do that until Lorelai again points out Mrs. Lane didn't expect a kid who loved Jane's Addiction and Lane explaining why the party was so important to her. I also loved Zach's flip out in the next episode over being coming a father.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Today they showed Lane's baby shower,

The part I love most is when Lane says she'll do everything for her kids just like her mom did for her.  Like mother like daughter in the most important ways.

On 6/20/2017 at 10:49 AM, Lady Calypso said:

It's on all three of them, but out of all of them, I put the least amount of blame on Lorelai. 

I would be on board with that except for the fact that Luke was the one who had his world turned completely upside down by finding out he had a 12-year-old daughter less than year ago.  Yet Lorelai makes it all about her.  It's true Luke didn't handle things in the best way, but it still isn't her place to decide how long it should take him to figure things out and what he should do.  Lorelai had a perfect right to talk to him about it, to tell him how she was feeling and see if they could figure something out that felt better for both of them, while still giving Luke the time he needed to adjust.  And after Anna's freak out over the party would have been the perfect time since it was so obvious Luke's coping strategy was not working.  Going to Anna behind his back and the subsequent ultimatum went way over the line, in my opinion.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, shron17 said:

The part I love most is when Lane says she'll do everything for her kids just like her mom did for her.  Like mother like daughter in the most important ways.

I would be on board with that except for the fact that Luke was the one who had his world turned completely upside down by finding out he had a 12-year-old daughter less than year ago.  Yet Lorelai makes it all about her.  It's true Luke didn't handle things in the best way, but it still isn't her place to decide how long it should take him to figure things out and what he should do.  Lorelai had a perfect right to talk to him about it, to tell him how she was feeling and see if they could figure something out that felt better for both of them, while still giving Luke the time he needed to adjust.  And after Anna's freak out over the party would have been the perfect time since it was so obvious Luke's coping strategy was not working.  Going to Anna behind his back and the subsequent ultimatum went way over the line, in my opinion.

I love that Lane says that. Its so sweet.

I really wish Luke and Lorelai had talked, it really would have been better the a sad moping Lorelai for several episodes. To have them talk when Luke told Lorelai about April. She'd ask him how he felt about it and keep talking later. She could ask him how his spending time with April was going and be supportive. Have them working together to deal with Anna and figure out how April was going to fit in their family. After Anna's freak out, I really wish Luke and Lorelai talked about it that maybe its time for all three adults to talk, and if Anna balked at Luke introducing his fiancé to April, then talk to a lawyer. Lorelai could have been supportive and helped Luke out a lot with gaining a new daughter, she raised one.  Luke could have and should have confided in Lorelai. He was thrown for a loop learning he had twelve year old. That's huge and trying to cope with that news while figuring out how to be a parent.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Today they showed Lane's baby shower, I love Lorelai as the go between for Lane and Mrs. Kim and their fight over their differences. I love when Lane tells Lorelai her kids are going to have total freedom only for Lorelai ask well what if her kids end up wanting to study the Bible and go to church? Lane is so sure her kids won't want to do that until Lorelai again points out Mrs. Lane didn't expect a kid who loved Jane's Addiction and Lane explaining why the party was so important to her

I really loved that as well - and that's why the moment where Lane asks Rory to be HER Lorelai, to keep her grounded when her kids are hiding bibles, has always been one of my favorite friendship moments. Lane and her mother really grew a lot in their relationship at that point in the show. It was all around very sweet. 

4 hours ago, shron17 said:

Yes, and she says it so matter-of-fact. Like it's just a given. Of course she's going to be as selfless as her mother was. 

• Love 4

I know we've talked about a lot of storylines that didn't go anywhere or make sense. But was there anything else they wished they had expanded on? For example the scene where Richard, Lorelai and Emily are talking about Rory at the 21st birthday party, Richard insists they lost Rory but Emily insists they didn't lose her not until she comes home pregnant. The thing that struck me was Richard seemed to realize they lost Lorelai before then. I'd love to know when he thought that and why. Its always been Lorelai insisting things were bad and her parents insisted she's wrong or was a brat, etc. Was it something Richard realized after Lorelai left? Or years later? Or was it something he was just realizing?

Another thing was Luke losing both of his parents so young. His mother died as a child and his father was dying and his shop was failing around the time Liz got pregnant and left? That's a hard thing to go through. But it doesn't really get mentioned too much. Lorelai remarks how hard it must have been for Liz (to be fair Luke's telling Lorelai about his sister) but doesn't seem to remark or ask about how hard that must have been for Luke. His mother died, his father was dying and the shop that his father love and brought in money was failing and he was the one left to deal with it.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

But was there anything else they wished they had expanded on?

Yes but that would have required more insight into human nature than ASP had.  She went the superficial route and only when it suited her plots even when they didn't make much sense.  I would have loved to know more about Mrs. Kim and her mom and how that played out with her parenting of Lane.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Yes but that would have required more insight into human nature than ASP had.  She went the superficial route and only when it suited her plots even when they didn't make much sense.  I would have loved to know more about Mrs. Kim and her mom and how that played out with her parenting of Lane.

That would have been really good to watch. It would have been nice if Lane asked about it later since she ended up hiding her life from her mother. Was that why she left Korea?

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

That would have been really good to watch. It would have been nice if Lane asked about it later since she ended up hiding her life from her mother. Was that why she left Korea?

Well, we do know that Mrs. Kim hid her religion from her mother. So, she was probably as much of a rebel as Lane was in her own way.

• Love 3
(edited)

Freeform rerun the episode where Rory sleeps with Dean and Lorelei catches them today and god.. I hate Rory in this episode. Especially her speech to Lorelei about how Lorelei has no room to talk about the situation because she slept with Christopher when he was engaged to Sherri who was pregnant. I actually have a few things to add on that, Christopher had said something to Lorelei about how he and Sherri were done and yes I know words are just words but there is a difference between marriage and engaged and also we didn't know she was pregnant until the end of that episode. Chris didn't even know until then.

Also.. my favorite moment was when she shouted "I'm not a kid, I'm nineteen!"but the more she kept talking about how Dean was her Dean first and Lindsay is bad for him and lets him drop out of school and work all the time, the more she sounded like a little girl. I guess that was the point? 

But yeah.. watching this scene and knowing that years and years later Rory finds herself in the exact same situation with Logan. Ugh. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Freeform rerun the episode where Rory sleeps with Dean and Lorelei catches them today and god.. I hate Rory in this episode. Especially her speech to Lorelei about how Lorelei has no room to talk about the situation because she slept with Christopher when he was engaged to Sherri who was pregnant. I actually have a few things to add on that, Christopher had said something to Lorelei about how he and Sherri were done and yes I know words are just words but there is a difference between marriage and engaged and also we didn't know she was pregnant until the end of that episode. Chris didn't even know until then.

Also.. my favorite moment was when she shouted "I'm not a kid, I'm nineteen!"but the more she kept talking about how Dean was her Dean first and Lindsay is bad for him and lets him drop out of school and work all the time, the more she sounded like a little girl. I guess that was the point? 

But yeah.. watching this scene and knowing that years and years later Rory finds herself in the exact same situation with Logan. Ugh. 

There's a difference between married and engaged, but still wrong.  I can't remember exactly what Chris said.  But, if he said that they were still technically engaged but he was going to break it off, I think they should have waited. I mean these are adults.  Were their hormones that out of control that they couldn't wait a few days.

But, either way, IMO, it has no bearing on Rory's situation.  Does she think if Lorelei murdered someone and then she went out and murdered someone a jury would let her go because her mother set her a bad example?

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, Katy M said:

There's a difference between married and engaged, but still wrong.  I can't remember exactly what Chris said.  But, if he said that they were still technically engaged but he was going to break it off, I think they should have waited. I mean these are adults.  Were their hormones that out of control that they couldn't wait a few days.

But, either way, IMO, it has no bearing on Rory's situation.  Does she think if Lorelei murdered someone and then she went out and murdered someone a jury would let her go because her mother set her a bad example?

Yeah I agree it was wrong for both loreali and  Rory, but the mention of Sherri being pregnant always makes me mad because no one knew about that at that time. But Rory is just really annoying in that scene and now that AYITL has happened, it colors a lot of Rory's past actions in the series in a bad way for me. Rory never grows. At least at the end of the series including a year in the life Lorelei has grown a little. See her phone call to Emily about Richard. Like Rory never grows.

• Love 2

I rewatch this show....like....constantly. Every weekend I watch about 6-8 episodes. LOL, anyhow, finished season 1 yesterday. Does anyone else hate Max's proposal? Not just because it's Max....but there was just something about it that really rubbed me wrong. Would he REALLY have proposed any time soon if they hadn't had that fight? And why does he think getting married would solve their issues? And I just hated the OTT-ness of it. Yes, I know she SAID 1000 yellow daisies. But did he have to be so literal? The inn was a nightmare. What if people had allergies? Who carried all those flowers away? And where did they go? Probably all withered and died. It just seemed too showy and wasteful, and I'd have been annoyed. 

• Love 3